Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 3: So, like for social media, you know, engagement, that's like a big thing as far as you know, driving you, putting you into algorithm.
Speaker 1: We just t from a just social media landscape.
Speaker 3: Talk about engagement, like where did that even come from? How is that game rigged? How the whole engagement play? And then how does your platform relate to that when it comes to engagement.
Speaker 4: So so typically so social media was really based on following right fowers. When you think of my Space, you think of Facebook or friends, you know, stuff like that. And that was when we were in a time where social media was so much more personal, and I think we're forgetting that this is a young person's game.
Speaker 1: And so I was laughing the other day.
Speaker 4: I was like, honestly, I was talking about we were talking about freaking it and how like, for the generation of people that got on Facebook in two thousand four, Facebook turns twenty this year, right, So when people got on Facebook in two thousand fours, it was probably the first place where you could digitally save your photos. So for anybody on Facebook from two thousand nine to two thousand ten, it's basically a photo album for you. Now it's like where you're where your old ex girlfriends are, All the stuff you did in college and all that kind of stuff is there. And it wasn't so much about engagement as we moved into the as video entered into social media, it's.
Speaker 1: Views, right, and those views scale your following.
Speaker 4: But what happens with advertising is that now that you add video to social media, and again I'm saying the quiet part out loud, it's just simply think of this, every single person that's on social media that can put video on their page, you are.
Speaker 1: A television network.
Speaker 4: So for that very reason, however you measure or monetize advertising the television, you can monitor and measure advertising on social media. So if you have seventeen or eighteen million followers on social media right now, you have the monetary equivalent of Sunday Night Football on NBC.
Speaker 1: You have that visibility.
Speaker 4: If you got one hundred million followers right you have, you have the advertising equivalent of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So Facebook knows that and the advertisers know that, and so if there was no there there was no limit on engagement, then they would bypass these companies and come directly to people to say, hey, while you're doing this thing you're doing on your page whatever it is, and one hundred million people to see you. We're seventeen million people who do that, Oh this can for us and say hey, by the way, go buy this. And that's advertising to seventeen million people. And the difference is these programs come on one time a week, once a year, right, But imagine being able to reach seventeen million people twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
Speaker 1: That's the quiet.
Speaker 4: Part out now that I understand people like are putting that portion together. It's like we're we're all moving social media is television now we are our behaviors changed. So with fan base, I want to say, following is dead. Engagement is the new is the new King of the hill, right, it's the people want to be seen, And so I wouldn't I would. I would much rather have a million people see my video and have ten thousand followers, and have a million followers and have ten thousand people see my video, which is happening now, which more people are like Yo, I got fifteen million followers, and every time I supposed a video, I get eighty six thousand views.
Speaker 1: I want to flip it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I want people to have one point five million, one point five million views and have eighty six thousand followers because I'm not showing We don't show people content based on who follows you. We show content based on the things that you like plus who follows you.
Speaker 3: So your following is already gaming. Isn't that already how social media works? No, it's based off off of what they think you would interact with. But no, but it is. It's based off it's based off the algorithm. Yeah, what the algorithm thinks that you're gonna interact.
Speaker 4: With absolutely, but again it's still limited like just by default. Anybody watching this program right now, right anybody watching this program right now, go to your page and when you look at tap on somebody's profile on Instagram and say in notifications when you want to see lives and see what it's saying. They'll say, do you want to get notified some of the time, all the time? Are never It's already set to sum. So that means every time somebody you follow goes live, they're not notifying everybody that goes live by default. They're suppressing your content by default because again they have to limit your visibility. These platforms are in competition with users. They can't let you You can go to look at anybody's you can go look at anybody's reals videos, go look at somebody who you follows following versus amount of people that see their content are granted, everybody's not on social media twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: A day, seven days a week. But still over the course of.
Speaker 4: A month, if I have one point five million follows and people are tapping in, even if I have you know, I get seven hundred and fifty thousand views or whatever based off that, But you're not seeing that. You're seeing people like Cardi b with one hundred plus million followers.
Speaker 1: Get two million, six million views.
Speaker 4: So you already know the people that want to see her content aren't seeing her content because that's her imagine being able to reach one hundred million people saying go buy my album and go buy my song like.
Speaker 1: See, that's the future.
Speaker 4: The problem is the albatross of advertising that TikTok and Instagram are tied into. They just can't turn off the advertising switch and go to the monetization switch because ninety five percent of the income that is made on Facebook comes from advertising. TikTok enormous amount of money that TikTok makes from advertising, so they're still going to have to play that game. Right, there is no game when it's like, okay, we work off a rev share model. You have, you have a following, you monetize a certain percentage of those subscribers, we get a percentage of that revenue. Now take that and multiply that times not one hundred million people, but five hundred million people or a billion people, and then now you're saying, okay, you got a trillion out of company.
Speaker 1: So in terms of importance and metrics. You said that engagement probably never.
Speaker 4: Won on fans base, right, Yeah, yeah, I mean I think engagement is definitely what it's what it's what users want. I want to free that because that's what people want to experience.
Speaker 2: So I want, like on Instagram there's impression, and even on YouTube to a certain stent, there's impressions is reached.
Speaker 1: How do those metrics go inside? How do they work inside of fan base? Right? Are those equally as important or is it just.
Speaker 4: It's engagement, it's used, it's it's some pression when you so again when you're talking about impressions, and that's another way that.
Speaker 1: You actually calculate, like.
Speaker 4: CPM and like the costs of in average, like all those things are done. See, all those metrics are based off how you advertise. If advertising is not the language that you're speaking, then you're not even we're gonna we're gonna we're gonna monitor and see all of that data. So because I would never say never for advertising, even I'll say this right now, I would never say the fan base is never going to be a platform that that has advertising. If we do, I'm gonna find it in a way that doesn't interrupt the user experience.
Speaker 1: That's all I care about.
Speaker 4: I don't want to interrupt someone being Again, I get tagged in ten posts a day of some creators saying, man, I'm about to leave because I post all this content and nothing ever gets seen this. And this is before they even got to the fact that the content that people's content has value. This before they even made a dollar. You got people want to put social media just they not getting enough views. Forget about I gotta take now. I gotta take these views to get to the money. I'm saying, skip that whole little cat and mouse game and just go now. Now, this is this is the question that I asked when.
Speaker 1: We on board creators.
Speaker 4: We have creators come to the platform, they have large followings, and I said, okay, I gotta ask you. I said, I'm gonna ask you a question. Do you wanna be rich, you wanna be famous, or do you wanna be both?
Speaker 1: Right? If you want to be famous, stay over on Instagram. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If you wanna be rich, then start charging for your content the moment that you created, like create an exclusive paywall. Don't if you wanna be both fat this is probably where you wanna be because there's no there's no limit to the amount of reach you're gonna be able to have, and there's no limits to the amount of monetization that you're gonna be able to make.
Speaker 1: How many users do you have right now? Five hundred and ninety five thousand, So how many users do you need to play Unicorn status? It depends on the speed.
Speaker 4: So if I went from five, so i'll give you probably example when in the pandemic and it's still a rare thing. Well, in Clubhouse in about four or five months, they went from five thousand users to a million users in.
Speaker 1: Like five or six months.
Speaker 4: They that's when they went out and raised a hundred million out a billion dollar evaluation because then because they got to a million users in like five or six months, So that velocity creating that you know, and then it's also what people are actually Then here's another thing, it's also what the market is willing to pay. Right, So it's also what institutional investors are willing to pay if there's fomo that happens, right, and again it's beat them until.
Speaker 1: It's join them. So when institutional.
Speaker 4: Investors give fomo like Okay, this this train is left the station. We better get on board before we get left behind. Then they set your valuation, so there's no difference between there's no difference between fan Base and clubhouse that was founded with institutional capital. There's a company that says we're giving you money, that we're giving you one hundred million dollars to say that your company's worth a billion dollars. Then they went on to raise another two hundred million at a four billion dollar evaluation. That is incredible to me. And they still not figured out how to monetize over there. So again I'm thinking, like, okay, cool. So it's at velocity in which you get there. So again, our goals to get to a million users by the end of twenty twenty four, we could get there faster we get maybe we get to two three million users. That changes because now just by numbers alone, there's a monetary value that if we wanted to go to the advertising route, there's a value that fan Base has just based off the users.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.