Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks. You get one hundred and fifty in bonus mess when you do when you sign up for Bet three six five with the promo code leading Off, It's me Joey p That of course is the Welsh and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. Hopefully everybody had a lovely holiday weekend. Again, shout out to all of our service men and women out there for you know, giving their all and giving everything to our nation. We appreciate you so Welsh. Hopefully you are rested, refreshed, had a little fun this weekend. I heard you went a little Dave and Busters. Did you get like a million tickets and turn it in for like a little tiny like baseball eraser or something like that.
Speaker 2: We kind of did. We found this hack though. They had this little virtual like bowl. It's like a kind of like a bowling game. You literally just bowl and I almost hit a perfect game on it and won like two hundred and fifty tickets. We found this hack. It was like we played it like six times one six hundred tickets. My kid won bunch of stuff and it was a great time. It was it was better than being a Braves fan. I had a great one.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. I see everybody in the chattery, rock and rolling. Frank already coming in strong. Here. Frank says, how funny would it be? Uh? After the intro song was just the odd couple instead, and then Joey acts like old man Joe with the glasses for the entire show, debating with puppet Joe. Uh. Indefinitely, basically that would be there.
Speaker 2: Else it's just gone. It's just versions of Joe that are on the show, just variance of Joe.
Speaker 1: It's psychotic, but it's fun. I like it. But yeah, I mean I'm game for that. It is a little like it's not like a Christopher Nolan film that's gonna be made at some point. I feel like it's got the Joe sception, joeception. Yeah. Actually, we watched Inception yesterday. We had a rainy movie today and we watched Exception. It was very the kids actually followed it. I was very impressed my kids actually follow because I know most adults struggle with that, but they.
Speaker 2: Have want next. They'll struggle.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know about that. I let's say, but as you as you mentioned the scary times here for fantasy managers, for Atlanta Breves fan, bad time for baseball because Roald Acunya uh, non contact, just breaking from second to third tears his other ACL. This one is in the left knee or do you have the right one done a few years ago. So he's going to be out now for the entire season. The good news, I guess if you're looking at it, is when he's done it here, which is before June. So you have June, July, August, September, October, November. That is about the nine month recovery for ACL right. Nowadays you're similar between nine and twelve months, right, So even if we go all the way, you know, into twenty twenty five, you would hope that by the end of April, at the worst case scenario, if everything goes well, then he'll be back. So I don't know what kind of solace we take in this, but let's start with the Braves in the short term solution for them. The Phillies, in case you're wondering, already moved ahead of them with a rocket shit. Their minus two hundred for that division, but I've been talking about the Phillies for three months now, to win that division and to go to the World Series. Welsh. I've heard Tommy FAM's name, I've heard Brent Rooker's name, which is really interesting. But at the same time, the immediate just seems like Jared Keelnick Adam Duval, like those are the big beneficiaries of this terrible, terrible let's call it what it is, a fantasy baseball tragedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the only pseudo plus you could also throw back with it. And I hate to say this, but it's not like Akunya had been really that good the entirety of the season, like how the Braves have been playing. Now. The thought was that, you know, everything is you know, Matt Olsen starting to write the Ship, Acunya was going to completely write the ship, and this is that team that was just going to go completely bonkers. But man, I'll tell you too, you know how I do the superstitious stuff sometimes I guess we it happened before. We didn't do the show yesterday, But I feel like we can never not do the show, Like something bad, something horrific is gonna happen if we're not here.
Speaker 1: Like Mike Trout. When was Mike Trout? Was that not on a Friday or Saturday?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but we had said we weren't going to be here.
Speaker 1: We're like Lois the multiple wheel, right, he had the home run on the wheel. So you have to go back and look at see how far after that was. Maybe Cooney was the guy that the wheels selected, because then it's it's like a doomsday cult. Here's an interesting one too. I'm gonna throw this out there, Jerry here in the chat. Cooney injury is starting to pile up now, Yes, but he's still very young. I know there's some people now that are starting to throw their hands up. I think that when the guy had the one a cl blown it and this is something that I acquired him my home league this offseason, and I did it knowing that at some point and feeling in my gut that at some point the other one was going to go. Typically that's what happens when you look at the running backs we look at, you know, the NFL, Like when you blow the one a cl typically at some point the other one goes. That's happened, now it he doesn't change my opinion of Acunia long term, it's frustrating, But does it change yours at all? Like, do you think he's not gonna be the same player, because I think that's nonsense, because they rebuilt him. He went out there and had a forty seventy season last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it really changes mind, but I do I don't know. I'm actually kind of surprised it doesn't change yours because like I feel like your age, no, because well, okay, but like jazz Chism has some injuries and everyone's like, oh my god, he's I guess you're.
Speaker 1: Not the biggest, but like putting forty seventy seasons or or your first when Jazzchism puts up a full season, I will have that conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I don't, Well, production doesn't necessarily have any thing to do with being injury prone or injury plague or anything like that. Like Acunya is an injury guy. Like I don't think we can actually argue that, like is there stuff going to be in the future. I'm gonna say that that's more likely than ever before. This is two two isn't too torn acls And then there was another leg injury that was entwined in this. He's his injury prone I think at this point as of the higher injury prone guys. But me, I have blinders to that. I don't pay attention to this, and I focus like solely on the high end production. You know, so from like dynasty perspectives, that's gonna be good. But I do think it's something to think about that. Maybe it's how he's built, the way you play the game, whatever it is, there is something to these injuries, you know, like there's they're stacking. They're stacking at a very young age. It's stacking as much. I'd love to see a comparison. Maybe I'm way off, but like I feel like he has as many injuries as Jazz, and Jazz gets the injury like a little token put behind him.
Speaker 1: Now he gets a token put behind He looks he gets the rap because you're willing to spend on Acunya, because you've seen the glory of Ronalcunia. Ronald CuNi has had a career just Chism has had moments, and that you can't compare the same thing. Like it's not like he's transcended, Like Justism is talented. I'm not trying to knock jazz chism and maybe he would do better with a lineup around them like the Atlanta Braves. Like you could have that conversation, say, if just justn't played for the Atlanta Braves and Ronald Cree played for the Marlins, maybe those players are different and we're feeling differently about them. But I mean that to me is is.
Speaker 2: But I mean again, I'm not comparing the two I'm comparing the two players from a like there's some talent and injury Like, Okay, I'll ask you this. How many more injuries until Akunya starts going into the mic trout range? Is it just gonna be him not playing one hundred and twenty games every single year? Is that what it's gonna take? Like, I gotta look here, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing with akunyakay So we had the ACL tear right, everybody was concerned about what two years ago he came back. Oh, the speed, the speed? What lag behind? It was not the speed, it was the power that gag behind in that first season in return, the speed was there. That's why I'm not freaking out right now with Ronald Acunia's injury. That's why I'm like, all right, you knew if the one blew, chances are the other ones gonna go at some point. There's a weakness there, There's a there's a volatility of the amount that he's just stressed that the guy puts on himself. And if he had the weakness there and the one tendon went, the other town was gonna go.
Speaker 2: So let's do this Joe real quick.
Speaker 1: Okay. But if they rebuilt it well enough for him to go have a forty seventy season last year, and now he knows, I think I just want to say this, Well, now he knows mentally that he can recover and not just be good, but be the best player in baseball. I think so much of this is the mental game with these guys, and I think knowing that in his gut, like it's gonna be frustrating, it's gonna suck, he's gonna hate it, but he knows, Okay, I can come back and still be Ronda Cooney at a high level because I've already done it. So I think that is a huge hurdle to overcome mentally.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think, yeah, if you think that's like he's gonna hold himself back because he's not gonna be able to have a full recovery. He's played seven seasons. Now there's a COVID season in there, so let's not add that. How many seasons has he played more than one hundred and twenty games? So really it's let's do the six of six years, not COVID season. How many is he played more than one? Twenty one? He's played one season where he's had one hundred and twenty games, one season and I'm sorry two I lied is two seasons where he's no.
Speaker 1: Three three wait, no, no, no, no, no, Joe, you know what it was?
Speaker 2: Four two, twenty nineteen and twenty twenty three are the only times he's ever played more than one hundred and twenty games.
Speaker 1: In his career.
Speaker 2: I don't I'm not going to make this big narrative, this huge, big, crazy narrative about Acuna. But for everybody that is out there, you injury worry awards, I will find it very interesting if you don't consider this a guy that is on that same like Eloy path of not playing one hundred and twenty plus games, the trout path. There's seven seasons in there, in fair.
Speaker 1: He put to play one nineteen one year.
Speaker 2: That's why I said one twenty, Okay, that's fine. I didn't if I said one nineteen three three, okay, But still one twenty that's a that's a decent marker. I mean again, how many more of these seasons until this is in the Trout range? Trout came back like freaking gang Gangbusters. You also talk about the generational talent that Akunya was. We also can't ignore the beginning of this year. He's stunk, He's not the power is depleted. He can still steal and maybe the power. By the way, maybe that knee was giving him trouble.
Speaker 1: Like now, I think we can look back on it and go, maybe then he's been giving him trouble the whole time, and maybe it just finally went on and he's been playing through it. By the way, they're the same age, and I'm looking at the cumulative stats between these two guys who jazz chism.
Speaker 2: Oh jazz, you're talking jazz.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, the jazz chism and Ronald you're the same age. And look again, I like jazz chism. He's fun to watch. He is a lot of powers. Bees fun. In a better environment, I'm sure things would go better for him. You're are the ones not lost on me. We should we should not brush aside all the injuries, but it's the same injury. It's a weakness that he's got in this. We know that when that knee was right and rebuilt, he wasn't good. He was the one oh one and and jazz chism hasn't sniffed.
Speaker 2: But I'm not comparing that. I just using jazz as like the like a talented player who's had lots of interest.
Speaker 1: They're not. Mike Trout's an interesting one too. Mike Trout's another one. But again, I feel like the Mike Trout injuries, where is my Trout age wise?
Speaker 2: Now to that, I think it's like thirty three by the way, Jazz has twenty.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be Roncoone's gonna be back from this injury. He's gonna be twenty seven, twenty years old. Yeah, and then are twenty eight to thirty one in the.
Speaker 2: And maybe he's gonna be like Trout, though maybe it is gonna be where you know, Trout is thirty, is gonna be thirty three? And uh, let me see how by the way, Jazz had played one hundred and twenty games only once. Mike Trout has not played one hundred and twenty games since twenty nineteen. But hey, since two thousand. I was I was hoping actually that was two but yeah, one hundred and thirty four, one hundred and forty. I mean he played a bunch up until you know, he hit like twenty eight twenty nine. Again, it's kind of it's just a conversation for the injury. People like I don't know how to project it. It's unfortunate the jazz is injury also coincided with the production not being kind of that tippy top and all of those things kind of hit. But there is something maybe to that. But I do think it's something interest. You guys are talking about Brent Rooker's replacement. I think that's gonna be pretty hard to have.
Speaker 1: Tommy Fam a game.
Speaker 2: Tommy Fam I'm super easy. But Jazz, that could be a possibility. The Marlins are going to trade Jazz Chisholm.
Speaker 1: They will. That doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that might be an interesting one. It The Braves have pieces, They've got some lower level minor league hitters some higher level pitchers. I don't know what it would really even take to get a guy like Jazz. I'm not saying that they would do that, but you want a guy who can run a little bit, who's got some big power. Maybe that's I think they'd be better with Famas.
Speaker 1: Tommy Fam three fifteen batting average, three homers, three steals so far in the year twelve BARBII seventeen run scored in twenty eight games. He's rostered in thirty two percent of leagues. He was actually in my Wavewar video a couple weeks ago where I was like, look, this guy's like rostered in eight or eighteen percent of lease I that was nuts, Like add this guy because at some point Tommy FAM's gonna get traded because the White Socks aren't gonna keep him. I guess what he's gonna get traded, and it's could be to the braves. All right. I want to lift everybody's spirits because that was very depressing. Angel Hernandez is retiring. There you go, I see see how instantly look Welsh's smiling, smile the peanuts and crack. Now here's the thing. In a way, I feel like we're losing a great baseball meme. Like, I don't think it's gonna go away, but we will miss complaining about Angel Hernandez and laughing about the absurdity of his calls. Plus it also puts us in danger because we've always said on this show, Angel Hernandez is the proof that you can be terrible at your job and it doesn't matter. You can keep doing it forever and ever. That standards going away now, So that's a problem for us. That's how I see it Angel Hernandez moment because I have mine.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know, Oh I don't. I mean, I saw like the videos that people were sharing. There's some horrific ones. There's a White Langford one this year. There's that one third base where Angel calls Harper out and he just freaks out. My my favorite moment is his lack of accountability that you can see every single time he makes a call, it throws someone out, specifically just throws him out because he knows that he did a bad job with it, so that it's it's kind of this cumulative every time he throws a guy out, it's like, oh, you got caught. That's where we know you got caught. What's your favorite?
Speaker 1: It's the Schwarber one. The Schwarber that's a great one. At the end, it's so good and it's such a terrible call, and Schwarmer's like, it's gonna hear it comes here guy, And then it happens and there you go South Africa. Jeez of the chat. I wish I could see Kyle Schwarper's face. I mean, somebody should do a compilation. If I was an MLB journalist, I would be trying to contact every player good thoughts on Angel hernandez retirement and then do that.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this. Two things funny. I was thinking about this. You're like, oh, we're gonna miss him. That's kind of like you know, the Daily Show wishing there was a different president, you know, or media being like, oh, we don't have the right guy. Like that's the same level of like, oh, we're gonna kind of miss the storylines. No one's gonna miss the storyline of Angel Hernandez. But also, does anybody on the planet believe that he's retiring? On May?
Speaker 1: He's being retired. He's it's time for you to go. You being retired, That's what it is. We reached a settlement on your time. I want to settlement.
Speaker 2: No one has ever been Is there ever anyone that's ever been worse at their job that couldn't get pushed out?
Speaker 1: You can do it for thirty years thirty I saw that. I couldn't believe that. I mean, I was in high school and this guy was an umpire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel bad. I actually kind of feel bad too, because, like, is you unanimously hated for how bad of a job he's had and he's just kind of kept going, like you know, you're not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I knew Angel Lenandez. We met in grade school together. We did Macaroni argin. We made turkeys of our hands together and his turkey only had four fingers on. I told him it was wrong, and you know what he did. He threw me out of the kindergarten class. He is to get out of here, and he threw me out and I said, the turkeys are spposed to have the five fingers and he said, you don't know what you're talking about. Get out.
Speaker 2: It's funny you're wearing glasses and talking about Angel Hernandez retiring.
Speaker 1: It funny. All right, let's get to some Baseball stuft from the weekend. Nicolodolo returned yesterday. We said he was going to and he did one run, five and a third for him, So good. Juli Rodriguez, boys and girls, don't look now. I think Julio is getting hot. I think it's starting to happen. I know it's I know it's been tough everybody I know, just stay the course. Julio is a very talented player, and he's still so young. I think people forget that three for five with a homer on Sunday. Get a couple of straight games with homers. White Langford is back today, Welsh today, So I guess in shallow leagues, here's a question for you. Do you think that Wyatt Langford's maybe hanging out in more shallow leagues than people realize and could be a solution to the Ronald Acunia problem.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean for their fantasy team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying, like I mean for for leagues they like if you're in a ten person league and you only have a couple of IL spots, right like our crazy Fantasy pros league that we're in only two IL spots, like I'm in, I I don't know if they said if you want to play here the thing and you didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: Remember the snarky thing. Mayor's like, oh, well everybody doesn't get like personal invites, and I was like the snarky yeah, I mean personal invites people just been and I was like, well, I was just hired, so maybe maybe ant and the first one.
Speaker 1: Might but why Look, I'm not Look, I don't know what his Yahoo. I know on CBS he's still like ninety percent rostered. Like well, it's hard because you're getting a lot of the Dynasty League roster percent cooked into a lot of percentages right on places like Yahoo and places like CBS. I wonder on ESPN, what is roster percentages right like Mark.
Speaker 2: That's probably probably sixty percent. I mean, if he's out there, yeah he would. I've been made it pretty clear the last two weeks, especially as of today, I would drop my Evan Carter to pick up my Langford. If Langford's out there, I'd be throwing him in the lineup. And also yeah, and also like I'm on the borderline if I might even be willing to trade for Langford. He hasn't done anything to prove that, but I think he's gonna get thrust right back into the fold, you know, hitting in that middle of that order. And I don't know, I think this might this might be the run because there was just still a lot of good metrics that are there. It just needed we needed the consistency, you know, we needed some of that time to pass through the season. And I don't know, I think he could start like going like counting stat numbers, like good hard hit, great swing. He's got Corey Seeger is literally absolutely on fire and back right now, and I think that's a good thing for lang.
Speaker 1: Look how good the peanuts and Cracker darks are. I mean, Langford right here South Africa g has the number thirty eight and a half percent rosters. See I knew it well, I knew it. You go to the casual places you're playing at ESPN, He's out there. Whyatt Langford's out there? Whose coach thinks you can't hit raised?
Speaker 2: I'll bet you Julio is seventy eight percent owned on ESPN though, too. Gimme Julio's percentage somebody. I'll bet you he's under ninety percent. I give me Corbyn Carroll's too. I bet you Corbyn Carroll is under seventy five.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's so bad. ESPN, Who's thirty eight? Yes? Who is this? Who are you saying? Jerry's thirty eight percent roster? Oh is ninety six?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well there's still three percent of stupidity.
Speaker 1: Well but I mean look at this country, I mean that's pretty at least whoa whoa? I love? Just go away politically right, just for fun. John Singleton, not the the former director who is unfortunately passed John Sigles in The Baseball Player, uh started DH hitting seventh because he had to make room for who For Jose Abreu, who is back after just a torrid a couple of games at Triple A, going over seven with three strikeouts, so so obviously he's proven that he's ready to be back. Jose Abra who has clearly turned the ship around. And poor Joey low Praffito gets sent down, who has done nothing but hit every time they give him a chance to. This is a tragedy. Okay, it's a travesty. It's a tragedy. It's it's a travel trilogy. I don't know. All I know is Low Praffito bi Loo everywhere right now, because this situation is not going to last. Jose Abrayu coming back this soon? I mean he did. He literally didn't get a hit. Well, he didn't get a hit, and they called him back up. I have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 2: He didn't even report right away. There was I read this interview that he was like he needed to get his head right and that's why he didn't report for like a week or something like that. He needed to get back and figure. I think he was alluding to, like just retiring and being like can I get he did the third person thing, He's like, can we get the Josea Bray that everybody knows back and blah blah blah, and then he like went to the minors and was awful.
Speaker 1: It was horrible. It was horrible, horrible. He was defending because he's Italian. You're right, Yeah, it sounds like I'm offending it because have you watched have you watched him play? I mean it's fine, he's good, by the way, and Carroll ninety five percent roster on ESPN.
Speaker 2: So okay, well there's still some wiggle room in there.
Speaker 1: Look at it. That was two there that you thought for sure it was just like.
Speaker 2: Cast I'm also being dramatic, like ESPN numbers like everywhere else will be ninety eight percent percent and ESPN will be like, Hi, I'm forty two percent. You know.
Speaker 1: Joey lit Berfito again just kind of tookat said he was sitting fourteen games, thirty nine bats three, thirty three batting average, He had the one homer. Again, you know, the strikeouts were you know, high did have the steal. But i mean, I'm looking at the player and I'm looking at the slash for the play two three eighty one OBP four thirty six lugging. But again, it's not like the guy was getting consistent sponsor where you just like leave him alone every single day and then figured it out. It's tough for a young player who's used to playing every day to the in and out of a lineup. It sucks. But anyway, so does Jose bring you? That's all I'm saying, Rookie, lookie, do we care about this? Marlin's promoting top prospect noble Meyer from low A to high A. So far, so good to sixty five ERA forty three strikeouts, but twenty three walks in thirty four innings. It's a lot of walks. What do you think of this move here for the Marlins.
Speaker 2: I mean, do we care? We care for Dynasty and like DJ Love, I love noble Meyer. That's my guy, noble Meyer. I was kind of going nuts on the draft. I did the live draft coverage on CBS and I said on there, I was like, listen, I think there's a possibility that noble Meyer could be the best pitcher that comes out of this class. And that was with Paul Schemes. That sounds kind of stupid right now, but noble Meyer has been going bonkers. My guy Tim Kanak, who does Prospect one with me, was at that last start where he was striking out eleven and said his stuff was unreal. The command was good, the fastball set up by the slider was getting everybody. He's a mustone. He's a top fifty Dynasty prospect. I do want to also add one other because I don't see it down here. For we're talking about the rookie lookie. Speaking of the Braves, the Braves are calling up today a pitcher. I didn't think they would call up I thought they would call up Hurston Waldrip, But they're calling up Spencer Swellenbach and he was from double A not SUCU feel like remember correctly. No, he's a real player. I think might have been a two way player at some point. But one point eight zero era through eight starts, fifty one strikeouts over forty five sub one whip which you love to see. And if he's going to get a looks like he's getting a AJ smith Shaw like opportunity. But he's a lot older. Swelling Bach would be somebody I would be interested in spots starts, so maybe someone asked a little bit earlier. Yeah, I would pay attention on spots starts, especially if he's going to get a little bit more of an opportunity. But not the guy aftercunion gets hurt that you would have expected to get called up.
Speaker 1: Another picture looking at Famous Myers just out of curiosity too. So we had Breckon Meyer. Remember he was he was like a you know he was in the road Trip movie. Remember him.
Speaker 2: He was like famous famous nobles. How have you ever met a Noble.
Speaker 1: Well, Jamie Noble, that was a wrestler. I remember that guy. But like looking at the Myers, it was of course Urban Meyer. I have probably Noble Meyer somebody would rather be around.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then there's Dina Meyer, who uh, fantastic actress. Actually she was in uh uh what was it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's the Starship Troopers? Starship Troopers right about and and uh and see a couple of movies like Keanu Reeves. I think too. I want to say, so there you go go, night.
Speaker 2: Thanks now doing down to nobles.
Speaker 1: Nobles, famous famous celebrity nobles. All right, we'll do the up and down. Then we'll do we'll do some more baseball chat. Three down justin Steele. Welsh gave him an encouraging text over the weekend and it worked and seven shoutout innings, no decision against the Brewers. But that's okay. Brewers. By the way, how about the Brewers. You're like, yeah, Corbyn Burds looking to get rid of view. We're still at the top of the division. Unbelievable and good Gasser was terrific. What seven strikeouts yesterday. And on top of all of that, too, William Contreras, a player that you know, like I was always a big William Cantreras guy. I can't believe the season he's having right Like he's in the MVP. Conversation. It's nuts. Joe Ryan nine strikeouts, one run, seven innings Monday and on w over the Royals Ian Happ two homers for him. Was a tough weekend for the home run board too. We'll get to that later in the show. Three down Taiwan Walker again, five earned runs. Terrible game for him. They got to get him out of that rotation.
Speaker 2: Did you also did you also see in that same start? Super interesting after Blake Snell got interviewed and he talked about the importance it just it was against Taywe Walker. He talked about the importance of spring training and he did is like, oh, man, I'll tell you, I'll tell you what spring training it's. It's the thing, man. And he even talked about Jordan Montgomery's like, I don't know how well, I don't know how that Jordan's doing, but I need some at bats. He's like, I was just facing eighteen year olds because he said his first at bat against a major leaguer was when he came back to the majors through that whole time, so he was just I thought it was super interesting how everybody is always like, no more preseason, no more spring training. Know this and that, and then you get these guys that skipped over it, and both were like, uh, it was pretty important to face major leaguers and have some run up time. So and he also was like this is an excuse. He's like, this is an excuse. But you know, it's just facts. It's facts, no cap not.
Speaker 1: A lot of famous nobles by the way, just looking.
Speaker 2: I know, so's my point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well the Barnes end.
Speaker 2: That's the most, but all the nobles on the front. But you're right, Barnes and Noble, well and the Barnes End, Noble barns End.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a movie. That's a movie. And you know, you know, allowed to watch it. Take your computer away. Barnes and Noble. Blake Snell four runs, three earned, four innings, no decision for the Giants. Pitcher there. Charlie Morton eight runs, five and a third. Uh, this is my concern here with the Braves too. It's like you lose Strider Air goes out of the balloon, you lose a Coudia. Oh even more deflating, Charlie Martin goes out there, gives up a million runs. A tough week in Morton, it's Charlie martinist of the face sat. I mean Olsen hasn't been good all year. We're still waiting to see if I mean Austin Riley again, still waiting on him to kind of get healthy, get right.
Speaker 2: He played yesterday finally though he did, so here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's speaking of injuries. Willmonte Wade strain left hamstering is gonna undergo MRI today great. I just picked him up on Sunday night. So now with the MRI perfect, everything I touch turns to crap lately, horiy Plonko ten day, I l with the right hamsterring issue. Christian Javier fifteen day il right fore arm discomfort. It's man disapporting here for Hovier, your thoughts on this injury.
Speaker 2: On Javier's It's not good and he has not been good. He has been in that cuttable spot like you like the strikeouts. But you know this is good for Raghetti and I again, I think Javier lives in this world of probably stream like you have to pick your spots. So if you got to pick your spots and he's hurt, you can cut him. In most leagues like where there is viable options to go and pick up. I mean at this point, Raghetti might be a better option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Astros done.
Speaker 2: No, they're not done, but I will tell you like Josel Tuve trending in a horrific direction, had a huge April, one of the worst decliners in May, and that's going to have to turn around, and they're probably gonna have to make some type of move. But they're not done. Because they went out and got the game's top most expensive clothing you on to get the top closer, they got the home run leader. They're not out of it by any means. This is a team that could be like trailing in July or even early August and still make that run. So now there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Only four and a half games back behind Seattle in Texas. I just worry about that when Javier goes down to I just worry about the pitching staff, like the age of Verlander. All those things just really tough. I think the kond is starting today in triple A, so that's good. Michael Confordo rehab assignment later on the week. Lars Nubar day to day with a hamstring string, which sucks because new Bar has been red hot. The Braves did have one piece of good news Sean Murphy ten day, I led he is coming off of that. So with Murphy back and now this vacancy in the lineup too, do you see like Darnault getting you know, a bulk of Dhu, Like, is that how it's gonna shake out for you? Like this Brieve's line up there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually I think that. So that's something interesting because what we didn't cover at the very tippy top we kind of moved past, was like, you know, what do the Braves do? Obviously like Devall, call Nick, Michael Harrison. But if I remember correctly, I think they're all lefties, or maybe Deval's already. But I think one thing you consider doing is maybe putting Marcelo Zuna out into the outfield for some point and then you can get Darnault in at DH, and that's probably going to allow more right handed hitters, especially if you don't want Daval and Kelnick being I guess they're separates because Devall's alrighty he comes in for Kelnick on left.
Speaker 1: I forgot about Ozuna. Don't know how I did Ozuna right handed? Uh Harris left handed, Duval right handed, Kelnick left handed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there might be spots where like if you want Kelnick out of the lineup, that maybe you go Ozuna into left field, and then you would d h Darnault, because that is something that they did and they had talked about a lot, is having both of Darnaut and Murphy's bat in there. I don't think there's any guarantees, but I do think that would be a likely situation until if they go and make them out.
Speaker 1: Zuna has been so good this year too, I mean, but the idea of moving him into the outfield is a little tenuous, I think. But the Braves line up, Look, the Braves are amazing because they're the only team you could look at it without Alcooney and go, hey, that's a really good lineup because it is I mean albis Olsen and then you got my Michael Harrison there and do all towards the bottom too, and you can throw in Darnaul at times too, Like that's a good lineup. I mean the pitching staff right now, it's Sale, Morton, Freed and Lopez. Lopez has been good free turn things around. Morton was terrible, but Sale has been brilliant. I mean, there's still probably a playoff team but it's it's interesting at the very least right now. Last one two Lane Thomas activated from the EL today, so that's good news for the Nats. Maybe someday they'll bring up James Wood. That would be nice. But we were off yesterday there were no bets, but today there are because it's Tuesday. So it's time for Tuesday's Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you sign up for our sponsor Bet three sixty five and use that promo code leading off when you do at five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets only at Bet three sixty five with that promo code leading off. Do it. It's good for you. And of course, don't forget about the restrictions and the conditions. Eighteen rover in Kentucky gambling prom called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa. Terms end conditions apply just like in life. Now today I'm gonna apply some terms and conditions to Jared Jones over six and a half strikeouts today at plus one ten. I think this is a winnable game here too, on the road against the Detroit Tigers, today. I know schools on the other side, I get it, But Jared Jones has been just as good. You're getting big plus money plus one thirty plus one forty in different spots here for the Pirates today, So I kind of like this, maybe a little bit of an underdog story on the road. Jared Jones has been so good, but give me him against that Tigers lineup, and then to me, it's all about Aaron Judge today. Aaron Judge over a one and a half total bases and minus one fifteen. Griffin Canning's got an era over five right now in the last fifty at bats. I don't think that anybody hotter than Aaron Judge. He is as hot as the surface of the sun. Right now. He is hitting four hundred, his ops is two thousand almost. It's nuts, right, is absolutely crazy. And everybody was worried first couple of weeks when Aaron Judge was still in Gold. Well, guess what. He's red hot so over on the total bases. Also give me over on the RBI total point five because you're get and even money on it today. He's only had one game where he's Facecanning before and guess what he took him the yard in that game, So I like the opportunity here for Judge in this game today. Same game parlay too, as I was talking about earlier. If you take the Pirates on the money line and Jared Jones and the over six and a half strikeouts, you get almost three to one plus two seventy five. So that is your same game parlay of the day, Welsh, What do you have for the people on the betting pro side?
Speaker 2: Now? Jared Jones is very, very tantalizing, and I'm considering jumping in that market. There's actually a lot of good pitchers and a lot of good potential strikeout performances, and I'm not playing one of them right now. I'm going into game lines. There's some pretty strict lines out there. I will tell you one that I'm thinking about playing is getting in on the Cole Reagan side and maybe not doing ladder type of stuff, but maybe jumping in and playing an alt of like eight but seven and a half. You're gonna find them some spots on his strikeoups. But that does lead to me wanting to be invested in that side and Cole Reagan's, So I'm going to take Kansas City through the first innings, of course, up by one run, so minus point five. That is almost even money in most spots, So first five innings Kansas City winning, not money line winning, essentially even money minus one oh five. Next up, going to Boston and Baltimore. There's a great matchup Grayson Rodriguez, Brian Beyo love both of them. It can go in opposite direction sometimes as far as like some of the contactability between those two, but I think it's gonna be favorable this one. So I'm going first five under four and a half runs for this one, Brian, Brian Beayo and Grayson Rodriguez. And then finally you talked about the Yankees. I do want to back the Yankees, interested in the run line, but I'm gonna pair two teams together and I'm gonna do a moneyline parlay. I'm gonna take the Atlanta Braves and Max Freed gonna be rallying back as Matt Olsen is starting to get back up, and I'm gonna take the Yankees with Nestra Cortes. Both money lines put together. You can find it anywhere between one ten, one twenty. Those are my three plays. But I got a few others that are bruin to make sure to check this out bettingpros dot Com slash Welsh and Bettingpros dot Com slash Joe and join.
Speaker 1: Our group of leading off to a Betting Pros dot Com slash leading Off and don't forget too download the Betting Pros app, use the prop bet cheat sheet, use the prop bet analyzer, all this stuff we're talking about all the time. Sink your sportsbooks for free. Start betting smarter, not harder. Over on Betting Pros again. Those are the best bets of the day. And I brought it up there and it went away. I don't know why. Let's try it again there it is? No. How about you want to do Monday's board? No, none of the boards are working right now. I don't know what's going on, but they're injured. Those are the best bets of the day regardless, So I'm sorry. I can't cap it off the way I usually do. But I'm clicking on the things and I can't get it to work. And there you go there, and now we have we're naked again. That's what happens. You strip away the show. Here it is, there's the show by the way, before we get to the home run board, which probably I can't bring up now either. Unces, you gotta bring the home run butt. No, can you bring it up? I don't know if you can bring up a home run board. No, you brought it up.
Speaker 2: It's right there were You're not seeing it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 2: All your we see everything. You're clicking, Joe, I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 1: Something is off, something is wrong, something is happening, and your eye has infiltrated.
Speaker 2: I can see the overlay looks.
Speaker 1: You can see this, you can see the home on board, Okay, but I can see what's going on because I can't see it well.
Speaker 2: Pazzi is now tied with our boys South African g both with twenty homers at the top. Bo's and O's who I almost did it is at three and Joe, you were tied with like five others with seventeen coming up the rear. You've got twenty spot twenty Wonky, not me. It's still not me.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to see Wonky Peng went on vacation. She's still got more home runs than you.
Speaker 2: I think I did get one this weekend because of Gunner Henderson I had the gunner through the weekend, so I should have gotten one on Saturday. But I don't know what does that put me on? Someone tell me? Is that ten to eleven?
Speaker 1: I have no it appropriately named fred Dinger, So spoiler. I just put Judge on the home run call sheet for Joe because of the bets. Yeah, you're right, that's what I'm going with today, Aaron Judge, I'm all.
Speaker 2: Way, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Well, come on, I can't like I took Otawi not realizing quite how unhealthy he was feeling, and that was not good for the holiday weekend. So that was bad job by me. Also, I saw, you know, Go Cards was giving me crap in the chat. He said, you know, Memorial Day weekends supposed to be about baseball and barbecues and America and all that stuff. And apparently he must have watched the two hour sports Career show on Sportscreen TV with me on Sunday because it was a two hour football show that we did, and so he's mad because he's used to getting two hours of baseball every Sunday with us, to which I'm going to say to Go Cards, we did that because they wanted to replay it throughout the day and the next day because people were taking off, So I was allowing other people to get days off and time off and shows off with the holiday by doing a football show.
Speaker 2: Our chat is as much as I love our chat, our chat gets very very snippy about certain things too, Like look at Razor right there. You know the other day when I did my video on what was it Free James Wood? The only thing Razor could say was, yeah, come on, we know these names. Give us others. Would you like names that are gonna come up? Or you want me to just talk about every name that could ever come up? Like you guys get very very snippy.
Speaker 1: All right, Wonky just showed up, so she wants the board back up even though I can't put it up. Look at you there, you go, bask in the glove. Who are you going with your home run? Call for it?
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh, I'm gonna go with Mattelson. Give me madd Olson. I should just go with Corey Seeger every day, but I like the match up Matt Olson. Get me on the board, everyone confirmed. I'm at eleven. I'm three off from getting on the board. I have got to go on a freaking run. And I don't know. Here Okay, here's the thing, Joe, We'll at some point this season I make that board knowing what we know right now. What are the odds? And do you think so?
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm gonna say yes, I'm gonna say at some point you do, cause I think you're kind of hovering there. What you need is that one big weekend, that one big night you know you need that you haven't gotten like a double dip one where you get two in one day. You know you need that. You gotta get on there. And I think your problem is I think you're overthink again. Sometimes I think you're trying to be fancy boy instead of just keeping it simple. You know, people get mad and I'm on the board, just take judged.
Speaker 2: I just tail you. I should just tail you for like a month.
Speaker 1: If you have been tail, I don't know why you haven't been. But not this weekend. It was not good. But I should have picked Julio this weekend. That would have been the perfect how great talk about heal Joe coming out on Tuesday after the weekend Julio had. That would have been so good because I would probably had twenty right, did he have how many you have this weekend? Did he have he had two? Did he have three? Who remember Julio Rodriguez was on.
Speaker 2: First No, I thought he only had one either one.
Speaker 1: I thought he had one on Saturday or Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at Brandon better odds Welsh hitting the board or Joey p being here past nine to one?
Speaker 1: Oh, Welsh hitting the board.
Speaker 2: Let's say what happens first I get on the board or or Welsh is gone?
Speaker 1: All right? Do people understand how that works though? Too?
Speaker 2: That like I think people care, Joe, they don't care.
Speaker 1: They have bosses that want me to do certain things and they say you need to go do this now, and then then they pay me money for it. See that's how it works. Hey. But you know what I have to say, the peanuts of the cracker Jacks are starting to make a case, you know, a million.
Speaker 2: For you to not go at all at any point, for me to.
Speaker 1: Never leave, because you are showing the people at the top, not me and Welsh, we're way down here. But the people at the top where the little, tiny people. But these people are the big but huge people. You know, Blaine is enormous. Blaine is six five two forty h he's not. He's actually I think I'm.
Speaker 2: A wizard of Oz. Our meetings started to.
Speaker 1: Blaine's. Actually, this is a smaller human. I've been told like five two, five three, like smaller humans. Oh really, oh yeah, smaller than me. So I'm like five seven on a good day. So but the big the big people, the big people at the top of the board, they're the ones who are now noticing that baseball is for real here. So you keep doing what you're doing, you might be stuck with me longer than you want. And then whose fault is it? It's all of yours. But smile today because Angel Hernandez isn't gonna call another baseball game. So that's good enough. You can cry about Ronda Kunya. You can have all the emotions and come back tomorrow here on Fantasy pros MLB. Subscribe to the channel, ring the bell to the coast, ding, drop your comments below, do all that stuff here. We love talking baseball with y'all. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time, kids, See you later. Angel