Speaker 1: NHL Unscripted is a production of the NHL and iHeart podcasts. That's right, your favorite podcast is back, NHL Unscripted, What's it All About? Alphie Daniel alpertson Trade and the Ottawa Senators for the Tronoo Police, plus Fortalk of the best remaining freezings out there, including Big Daddy Kane, Patrick Kane still on the Market and Vladimir Turasinka.
Speaker 2: Plus is Russia back? Almost thought England was back?
Speaker 1: Tough lot Tina after a one nil lead, the I skipped said it's coming home.
Speaker 2: It's not coming home.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Artentina or perhaps Spain France upset there in the World Cup.
Speaker 2: We'll get into all that. It's anshell Scripted.
Speaker 1: J D.
Speaker 2: Natel and me back along for the ride.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 2: What's it been like atting your Wednesdays back? You will?
Speaker 1: We had a week off last week. I was I just celebrate No One scripted on a Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Oh happy day, finally having a Wednesday where I didn't have to fuck. Can chase you around figuring out what's the right schedule with you on the East coast, me on the west coast.
Speaker 5: And Nace, I mean if people only knew. You know, it's not it's list. It's not the end of the world.
Speaker 4: But when you're trying to four people are trying to connect to schedule, is like, it's the hardest thing. I'd rather try to disarm a nuclear bomb than I have four people try to figure out their schedule and figure out an hour that works with a guest.
Speaker 5: Once you throw a guest on.
Speaker 2: What's you tell the guests in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because people to be in the maestro tell us it's so easy just recording your basement. It's not the recording. The recording is fine, it's the logistics that causes the chality. Regardless, we continue, tell how you been.
Speaker 6: I'm well, I'm in New York City this week in a in a midtown Manhattan hotel where the air conditioning doesn't work.
Speaker 5: So that's yeah, I take New York in the summer.
Speaker 6: I feel like the best revenge may be the best revenge may be calling out the hotel by name on this podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you think about taking it relatively recent innovations. I feel like air conditions around for thirty years. But if somebody said you, what are the things you cannot live about an iPhone, a DVR, air conditioning like air conditions number one. Like if you said no phone for I'm like I it'd be hard, There's no question about it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'll think, no, honey, AC.
Speaker 4: Seen all the stuff from the have you seen all the stuff in the World Cup. We're like the European people are the European fans are coming over like wait, you guys have AC in every building.
Speaker 5: They don't want to leave.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: Much of England, it's a great point by Gid. Much of England does not have air conditionings. It was never that hot, and now the last ten years, like holy shit, this is crazy. People are dying in the streets thing and they hate it.
Speaker 2: They love it over here. Air conditionings massive.
Speaker 5: You miss it when it's when it's gone, that's for damn.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 6: Do you have a fan going there's like a little air coming in. But we each have our little individual fans that we've been holding to our heads when we're out.
Speaker 5: It's muggy man, it is uh. It is uh.
Speaker 6: Sloppy nuts underwear weather and sloppy nuts.
Speaker 3: The whole city hot.
Speaker 5: They was just there. He knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. I told me.
Speaker 1: I New York is an all time great city in the spring and in the fall, and the winter is okay, spring and falls, you guys know, is six weeks apiece. But I think New York summer highly overrated. Like it is just disgusting hot.
Speaker 3: It smells, the smells.
Speaker 7: I left there this morning and just just like it's just it's just hot everything hot smell everything hot hot smells, you know. And like I said, it smells like weed throughout the whole city because it's so hot, so correct.
Speaker 1: The biggest thing I noticed is theyt a weed. I'm like, this isn't I mean? In answerdam all of a sudden, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: All right, to the hockey we go.
Speaker 1: Stevie Baye our favorite ongoing soap opera, The Summer Bains a Dylan arkinsag and detroits all tell it just took a new turn of the announcement Wednesday franchise lessons Steve Eiseman out as general manager, but stay with the team as senior advisor, which means the Red Wings need a new GM just two months before training camp, and their Captain's Dell wants out, Dylan Larker reportedly expanded the list of teams he would go to by adding Dallas. Well, the team's most up against the salary capital, a list that already included Vegas, Minnesota, and Florida. So what happens now and could a Larka moved to Dallas include Jason Robertson, who has opted for arbitration with Dallas. Let's do see why. First JD I thought he's out of my like, wow, he's out. They find me doing senior advisor. Eh, we've still got his tentacles in there.
Speaker 2: Is this just him being neutered a little bit? Or is he just taking a different advisory position? What does this mean to you?
Speaker 4: The timing couldn't be worse. I don't know what the hell Detroit's doing right now. Why at this moment, after free agency, after the end of the season, now you're demoting him and it's it's clearly there has to be some form and some enormous disconnect with Dylan Larkin, his camp, the ownership management, how it's been handled. Listen, I think everybody is at fault within that organization. I don't think it's just Stevie. Why at this point, because listen, I was talking. You know, is del Larkin a top twenty player in the NHL, in the top twenty center. But the way he's handled this as the captain and has kind of layered a cloud over this team a little bit, and Stevie Whye could not have handled it worse. But again we have to remember that like Detroit, the last three years were firmly in a playoff position, and it's on the players. It's just as the players are put on the ice, you got to find a way to get in. So I don't think it's all him. But again, why wait to this moment for Illich and that ownership group to move him down a wrung and you know where they go from here? I don't know. I'd assume it's going to be external, because they would have announced something if it was internal, like a Shan Horkoff has been there for a long time.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 4: Anything that's going on in Detroit, and I feel bad for that fan base there and New Rink City has been revamped by the Illich family and the downtown's fantastic tits and ass everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the team sucks, So Nate, why do this to Eiserman, Like, what is the point If you're gonna get rid of him, get rid of him, and if you want himbolden him forever, then do that as well. I know the elextrim is very close to Isisman, So I get it. Maybe it's too hard to fire guy, but then why make the move Anyways?
Speaker 7: Well, I look and what it's what Jad said, it's the Larkin situation. I think that's what's catapulted this whole situation really with Stevie. Why And I wonder and at the first, at first, I had the utmost respect for Stevy. I played under him in Tampa. He built that organization in a way and all that roster, and he's done a great job and he's tried to do a good job here just hasn't worked.
Speaker 3: And he's talked about it.
Speaker 7: You know, it's been on him, it's been on the players, and you know, now they're in a situation where I wonder if you know it was you know, him stepping down or it was more of like, Okay, this is a situation where Larkin, we need to go a different way cause moving forward, whoever GM comes in, I wonder if it's maybe we're not gonna trade you. Maybe we're gonna make this work with you. Maybe I'm gonna sit down with Dylan and be like, hey, we need you here. You're the apt to this team. We need you part of this moving forward. And it's crazy to see where they're at now because you look at you look back at the beginning of March and where they were at, and now you look at it and where they're at in the summertime and maybe possibly without doing Larkin and know Stevie why, it's it's a shit show there.
Speaker 2: Tell how do you see it being resolved?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the issue.
Speaker 6: I think the longer it went, the less likely it was to be resolved. Like how many teams have pretty much set up their roster at this point, Like Florida was one of the teams that Dylan Larkin put on his first on his list.
Speaker 5: Like they're done, Florida's done making deals right.
Speaker 6: I don't see how they could even have the cap flexibility to do anything. And as far as you know, kicking Stevie why upstairs? You know, people have to remember when the Illich family bought the Red Wings in the eighties and turned the organization in town completely around and turned the whole city around. One of the first moves they made when they bought that team was drafting Steve Eiserman like eighty four, Stevie Why and the Illaches and Chris Ilich is still in the show.
Speaker 5: They're like family there.
Speaker 6: They are handcuffed for better or worse, you know, in perpetuity, so they can't really fire him. They'll give him a cushy advisory role. But you know, I think they feel he probably missed you know, this is my own take. They feel he misplayed this and now it's probably too late to do anything before the season starts and there's no big blockbuster coming between now and mid September.
Speaker 2: Could Dallas happen? JD? Could Dallas Robertson happen? Is there anyway?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 4: But I what I've heard is that, you know, Stevie Why is waiting and he's not going to trade Lark and unless it's like the best possible deal ever.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: That he's you know, we talked about it and I've kind of been kicking around. I'm like, at what point are the gm IS going to push back on these star players? Saying that, hey, you know you sign a no movement clause because one you earn it, but two you protect yourself because you're telling an ownership group and you're telling a team and a franchise. I want to be here for the foreseeable future. Now things can happen, and you know, relationships can sour, but you signed that no move clause knowing that you're gonna be there and you want to be there. So now that these players have started using this and weaponizing it, I think gms are now going to be like, no, no, no, fuck that shit, like you're not you're not allowed to get a no move clause and then tell me when you want out. It's used as protection for the player, not as a weapon. So you know, I think Stevie why telling them like we're gon, we're gonna strip you, and you're just playing until we get a deal. And if we don't find a deal, you better play your ass off because otherwise the worse you play, the lesser is going to be a chance for us to get a great deal.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of like, all right, let's see what you can do. So I like that Stevie White called his bluff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm laughing.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing because I'm like, I'm generally pro player, but I kind of like Stevie, why stick it to a little bit Nate, Like, I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what.
Speaker 1: But always I'm like, guys should get paid. You guys earned it, you work your ass, And I totally get you want to go, I tellgat, but I'm like, you know what, I got, like like the lark and like you can just settle down, dude.
Speaker 3: I totally agree that this is this is the part.
Speaker 7: This is the part that really is a stink part of it for me, where he only gives the three teams and then Dallas and that's it, where like you, like JD says, he weaponizes his no move where it's like, come on, man, you gotta give more teams. That it's unrealistic. All those teams are set. You know what their cap situation is. All these players know that. They know that. For so for him to be that narrow minded with the just three or four teams and not open it up and give Stevie Why a better chance to make the deal and make their team better when he's the captain, I mean, JD said he's handled it just as bad as Stevie. Why has no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of handling things, somemoimes, you're gonna just roll the dice man, go out there and just give it a shot. Danny Breer had Flowers fans in the edge of just full excitement. Oh my god, Leo Carlson five years, ninety million, twenty one years of age.
Speaker 2: This guy's gonna get eighteen million a year.
Speaker 1: And Nate, you know the Flyers need a one sea and the worst way this guy's gonna come in thirty goals a season. Oh my god, the Flowers got their superstar. They're gonna make Jason Deamaer's looks stupid. JD said the Flyers are gonna have a bad off season. They're not gonna make the Flats. Are gona get Leo Carlson. Eh, nothing happened. Man Ducks matched it. Patper BIKSI, No, we got you like we don't need your four first round picks and we're gonna stick with this. Utah also match in New Jersey's one year offer sheet for center Bart Hayton and so Billy tried to sabotage the Anaheim's cap. And you know, maybe there's some issues there. The Ducks lost four defenseman. They still designed Cutter goach 's an RFA coming up a forty one goal season. But the bottom line, and I hate to give JD credit night, but the Flyers trying to make a big move and didn't. And now the off season is you re signed Bladar, you resigned Forrester.
Speaker 2: You still don't have a one C. You didn't make any big moves like like, nice job. Danny didn't prove the roster though. That's a whiff to me.
Speaker 3: Oh w yeah it is, and I think it was.
Speaker 7: It was expected to be a whiff. I think if you're looking at Leo Carlson and he's better than the four first rounders or maybe five in the next four or five years. But that's how good this guy is. That's the reason why Danny Danny B made that made that offer sheet. And kudos to uh my old agent, my old agent for a long time, Matt Cater and Ryan Cater, his son, who did a damn pretty damn pretty good job. I'm sure you guys listen to thirty two thoughts with Elliott and in the UH in the interview and and and how it transpired and everything that happened. So you know, for Philly, they are they're they're they're back against the wall, I guess. But at the same time, you know, they're growing their building. You know, they're in a situation where they were playing with house money last year.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: So it's it is, it's it is a big whiff. Like you said, but but but but Anaheim, I think this is you know, I think it was inevitable. If it wasn't Leo, it was gonna be somebody else.
Speaker 3: But I think no matter.
Speaker 2: What, fifteen insteads eighteen just too much and JD.
Speaker 1: Now for the flyers, hey better make sure there's no RF faced people want out there. Hey when Porter Martne wats twelve millionaire, better pay up, buddy, because something's gonna get you back.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: I've been calling for this for like two years now, or I think GM it needs to be the wild West here, like no hard feelings.
Speaker 5: Business is business.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: When I first saw that that deal, I was like, you know, I thought that if Anaheim accepted it, they were screwed. I still think they're screwed. I think they're fucking up shit Creek because again, we just heard on I just listened to Spitting Chicklets and keith Yandle said he heard Cutter Gotz will not take a cent under eighteen million, So they're done.
Speaker 5: Cutter's Cutter's gone.
Speaker 4: So Cutter's gone, or they're signing him, and they're going to have two players and a bunch of fourth liners. I might be able to go back and play there for minimum, but which.
Speaker 2: As you guys don't.
Speaker 1: And I know, just to get context again, Cutter GoChi did not want to play for the Flyers. They trade him the Ducks or Jamie Drysdale, Who's fine, he's the top four defense.
Speaker 2: He's not here. Yeah, they stick it to the Ducks a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Philly now, and listen, tidy piece of work by Pat Verbeek because he had to sign it. I think he was stuck. To Nate's point, but him waiting till the final hour, Philly couldn't do anything else. They couldn't go and sign somebody because they're like, well, we need to know if our caps it's not.
Speaker 3: Philly's fucked.
Speaker 4: So now it's kind of like this, this like back and forth, and I think, listen, do I think it's yeah, take a swing. That's great by Philly, but like, come on, like, come on, like like at least sign him. And then after, like once we're like a week away, maybe start looking at other options and trying to you know, pay somebody. Maybe go after Dylan Larkin if that's what you're trying to do. But I think Philly's in trouble. I think Anaheim's in trouble. I was surprised even at the Utah signing, but I think Utah is really I think Utah matching Barret Hayden is understanding that they're going for it this year, and I think now they have really good center depth and they're like, hey, listen, no matter how good or bad Barret Hayton is. And I know Hates has kind of dealt with some injury stuff. They're like, we're gonna need center depth to go in along run, and you know it's hard to find those guys. So I like the resigning of Hates. They can't trade him for a year or anything. But yeah, going back to Philly, I think they're absolutely hooped and so is Anaheim.
Speaker 5: Two hoops teams.
Speaker 3: I want to go to Anaheim. I'm I'm gonna play Devil's advocate.
Speaker 7: If if, like say Cutter signs for eighteen as well, no signs for eighteen or seventeen eighteen, it's gonna be it's gonna be the same situation in Minnesota. They're going to be in the same situation. Yeah, with Faber, you mean and Hughes, with Hughes and CAPRICEO. So, I like, is Anaheim still gonna be okay? Where you know, the CAP's going up. All these guys are going to be making over fifteen in the next couple of years.
Speaker 3: It's gonna that's gonna be the norm.
Speaker 7: And I think Leo Carlson, I mean, he's this guy is he's a legit, bona fide superstar.
Speaker 3: He's going to be and I think in five or six years, I know right now it.
Speaker 5: Is he saying. He's saying, X, this deal is gonna look good.
Speaker 3: It's gonna look good.
Speaker 1: Tell how about like in the NFL first round picks, You're like, well, that's like a fifty percent chance the guy's gonna be like a star tight end, like that's the first one pick is very valuable in hockey.
Speaker 6: You go maybe definitely, yeah, definitely more of a crap shoot I think. I mean, Pat Verbeek's had a pretty good record drafting in Anaheim. And the only other thing I was gonna add to this is they got Beckett Seneca was going to be an RFA in twenty twenty eight. And if Pat Verbeek does the same thing with him and waits till the last minute to get that deal done, Ducks fans are gonna lose their mind. Like, Beckett Seneca better get his extension figured out next summer or the fall, next fall at the absolute latest.
Speaker 5: They can't let they can't let him.
Speaker 6: They can't go through the exact same stuff with Beckett Seneca that they're now going through with Carlson and coach.
Speaker 5: I love that they came out and they're like, we love our decoor.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was you.
Speaker 2: Lost four defense. Love what we got right.
Speaker 3: Now right side.
Speaker 4: I love at seven point two million a year is listen, we at it before. I'm a player spot. I love when guys get paid. But oh my god, did he absolutely rob Pat Verbeek. Seven point two million for five years is crazy for a guy that hasn't played over sixteen minutes a night.
Speaker 7: Well, you heard what I think in that deal that I believe. This is what I've heard is that they were around the three million range when they were negotiating, and then the Leo Carlson thing and it went to seven.
Speaker 5: Great job by the agent, like.
Speaker 3: That job by all the agents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't like, they're gonna have to trade. They're gonna have to trade Crider or Kilarn or both of them.
Speaker 3: They might have to.
Speaker 4: Trade Troy Terry. You might have to move Troy Terry, which I think, you know, four years at seven million. Honestly, that could free up the cap space. I'd moved Troy Terry, try to bring in somebody else, or you move Crider and kill I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean one of them, one of them has to go. But no matter what, one of them has to go.
Speaker 1: Will say, I'm always taking a really good luck what tal puts for the headline for each episode. So, for example, the put Keaton Verahoff is ready breaking down a wild weekerd phraseency He'll put Jackson Blake as a champ, Brady joins his bro Catherine Tappan does it all at least higher Hiller Hurricane season Baby. The reason I mentioned this is my recommendation for this week's episode should.
Speaker 2: Be two hooped teams. I just think I think that should be the headline.
Speaker 1: And quite honestly, if I saw that, I would click on just my suggestion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two my former teams too. Yeah, we call that for Loube, we call that a shit sandwich. Troy Terry out.
Speaker 6: For another five or six months, by the way, speaking of trading toy term, So that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 5: It's a great start for them next season.
Speaker 1: This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in my life. Meet the Dundon's Danny Breer, Pat ver Beek. Not only people ashall Taken heat. The engraved names are killing Hurricane staff and players. Recently unveiled grave for Hurricanes are Tom Dundon, who JD is as polarizing as against people go. He's really smart guy Blazers fans not crazy about him. A little tight fisted, but they did win. Now he puts his name in the cup, of course, did you the owner of the team, you pay the bills?
Speaker 2: Please your wife Rushka. I guess behind every great man, there's a great woman. Fair five children.
Speaker 1: Hanging a second Cayden, Dax, Drew, Blake and Taken all had their names and graved in the cup.
Speaker 2: Now, to their credit, they did make sure to include the great Nick de.
Speaker 1: Laurier love them Let's Go Flyers, even though he played barely three minutes in their entire playoff run. But Jadie, this is about as week as it gets if you if you want know the headline for you week saw us five kids engraved on the cup.
Speaker 2: That is shameful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is kind of a can you call this? Can you call the nepotism or I mean this is kind of those you know, it's an owner that without the owner, you know, there is no team and there is no franchise. But again that's the owner, not his kids that are what's the youngest.
Speaker 7: Like four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like four?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Was he the inspiration in the muse for for building this franchise. There's just so many other people that and it does take a village to win a Stanley Cup. And you know, I haven't won one, but you know, talking to guys around the league and stuff like that, Like, I don't know, there's been other teams that have done it in franchises, but I don't know. I just I think you got to put it that there's the little people behind the scenes that do so much, Like come on, like you can figure you can find four names that aren't those kids that contributed probably as much as is or more than some of the players on the roster.
Speaker 2: They love Wilder more than anything the world. Your lovely daughter.
Speaker 1: You would never in a million years, if you.
Speaker 2: No, you will, I'll do it. You got the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 3: There's not a chance, not a chance, no chance.
Speaker 5: That put my daughter on there. In a fucking second.
Speaker 7: That is the biggest zero fox given move I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: To put it was two rows of Dundon's. That's all I saw was Dunded, Dundonne Dunded, Like.
Speaker 7: Maybe just do Dunded family, Just put this, leave it at that that, you know, Dundon family.
Speaker 3: Family.
Speaker 1: Do you guys sacrifice life and limb for decades of your line for one chance with your name of the Stanley Cup?
Speaker 2: And you're telling me some rich owner is gonna put his kids names. You're like, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: You go, yeah, but if you go and ask him, he'd probably say, hey, how about you buy the team?
Speaker 5: Then yeah, exactly, he's got to get the fuck I want.
Speaker 4: All right, listen, we're we're also paid handsomely to do that job. And it's a it's a kid's game, and it's you know, the fans are why. You know, I truly believe that the fans that are coming out are the reason why we get paid what we get because it's a takes a whole village for we're the end product of, you know, of so much planning and prodding. But again, ownership, there's somebody that doesn't want to shell out one point five Billy. Yeah, I mean he wants to put his kid on the on the thing. I mean said, do I condone it?
Speaker 3: No, but he has every rate.
Speaker 5: You're right, I kind of love it's something you don't.
Speaker 3: Agree with it, you gotta love it.
Speaker 2: I get it. Very contrarion Yeah, me to. The Capitals had a great offseason.
Speaker 1: Addition to Jordan cayru Boone Jenner, Alex Tuck really started their summer last week. Though captain Alex Ovechkan announced can be returning to the Caps at least one more season, solidifying might be the best top.
Speaker 2: Nine forward unit in the league.
Speaker 1: He marked the occasion by surprising a drinking club in Russia.
Speaker 5: What a surprise.
Speaker 2: Enjoying some bruise at the fans. What can we expect Nate from OVI in his twenty second season. He'll enter the season.
Speaker 1: With nine hundred and twenty nine career goals. I don't think he gets to one thousand. I think I thought that like a year ago, and Jedd he was like, no chance. And I'm with team JD on that. But what Bruce Pado said to me date was you put Alaso Vechlin's name in the lineup.
Speaker 2: That's thirty five goals. Like period.
Speaker 1: You can say what you want as far as a liability to our foot player defensively, he has to hog time in the power play like it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: But that's thirty five goals. Good to go.
Speaker 7: That's what I was gonna say. I was gonna say it was automatic thirty. Probably around thirty goals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd go thirty or thirty five, Bruce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say right around twenty five thirty.
Speaker 7: But I would say he's he's going to be on the power play, he's going to be in his spot, he's going to play in that top six. He might have even play in the third line because their third line is that good too. So I think it's going to be the same Alexander Rovechkin were used to me, I'm sure he's gonna be used differently like he was last season with what the no defensive zone face offs and uh situational play with whatever that whatever the game is that and they need certain players on the ice.
Speaker 3: But I think Ovi's gonna be OVI.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, listen, I we got to we got to interview Spencer Carby on HL tonight, and like two three weeks ago, I think before OVI came back, and he was he was talking to us and he's like, I was like, if you talked to Ovi? And I think Tony Lefton asked him if you talk to Ovie at all? And he's like, yeah, I just he checks in like once a week, be like, hey, what's up, coach, hows everything going? And every time, you know, he'd he kept telling Carby like yeah, I'm training, working out this and that, and so you know, I'm shocked. I was fully convinced he was done. I gotta eat Crow. I've been wrong about him every single turn. I think for three years they said he won't go over thirty goals. I've been wrong every single year. And then I said he's going to retire. I've been wrong. I don't know what to make ov. This team's gonna be fun to watch. I think it's gonna be one A, one B. Carolina in them and even talking to carvery like he seemed so excited to have so much, you know, I want to say, so many different kinds of player in his top nine to kind of maneuver and he's like, I can't wait to put lines together. Like he's got the speed of Cairou now that he hasn't had. He has the kind of Alex Tuck side of power, another power forward. You obviously you have Wilson and the Protus brothers. You know they're going to be extremely extremely fun to watch. And yeah, this is a team that I expect big things from this year.
Speaker 6: Full season of Cole Hudson too. I just want to add that, a full season of Cole Hudson on the back.
Speaker 3: And PLD PLD as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit grip, mean time is Russia back?
Speaker 1: Speaking of OWI big news last week at the International Olympic Committee lifted the suspension. The Russian Olympic Committee opened the door for Russian athletes to compete for their country at the twenty thirty Winter Olympics in their French Alps. Canadian Olympic Committee objected the move. No word from the NHL yet and if Russia could be included in the World Cup schedule for twenty twenty eight, Obi will be forty two at the time of that tournament. Hasn't committed internacity for Russia since twenty nineteen. I'm gonna say I doubt he captains the Russian team, although never seen. Every of these guys do certainly love Mother Russia. And I know it's complicated in terms of geopolitics, invasion of Ukraine, they shouldn't be allowed to compete, et cetera. But I'll say this, I like hockey when the best teams are involved, and I just again, I'm not gonna involved in the politics. I just like seeing when the best players are there. To me, it always fe a little empty when Russia was not there. JD played in Russia. He knows their passion for hockey, et cetera. I just liked the move as a hockey fan. Is that okay to say.
Speaker 7: Nate one hundred percent and conceivably, I mean, you look at the three best goaltenders that arguably in the league are all Russian and you know Sorokian, Vasilevsky, Shakin, and then you have their forward lineup and all their guys, and you think about, you know, four nations. You think about the Olympics, and you think about what if you add Russia into this, like it's a different tournament, completely different tournament. And now that they're back in and you mentioned Ov, I mean, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna doubt Ov.
Speaker 3: I'm playing until he's forty two.
Speaker 7: And who knows, I could see Ovi being done after next year, going back, playing a year in Russia and then joining the Olympic team. I could see that happening too. So, uh, this is this is good. This is good for the league, good for the players. And you know that you know other you know, the other nations, they want to play against Russia, they want to play against the other best players.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 1: You're the only one of us who spent meaningful time in Russia. What does this mean to you?
Speaker 5: So that's a matsa ball, right.
Speaker 4: This is a ninety percent of the guys on that roster live and play in the United States of America. So you know, I feel like it's I've always felt that punishing, you know, punishing players in people, and you know, I call it regular people that are just trying to live their life day to day. You know, ninety nine percent of us on planet Earth don't want war. It's government stuff. It's government, like you said, it's true political stuff. Hockey should rise above that. Soul should all sport. It should be a place to unite everybody. And you know, it's a little callous and it's a little arrogant to kind of block one country when you know, then we start going g politically. Every country has its faults, every country does bad things. You know, this is bad as well. But again it's not the players. These guys you talk to any single Russian citizen, Russian player.
Speaker 5: None of them want war. Nobody does.
Speaker 4: We just want to live our life, make some paper, make love to a beautiful woman or man if that's what you're into, and go home and go to sleep and take care of our families.
Speaker 5: And that's it.
Speaker 4: So it's like it's kind of you know, to me, I'm like they should have and the fact that, like I said, they're all they all live here, they all live in Miami, So go to Golden Aisles in Florida. Every single NHL Russian players there. I skated with twelve of them that are probably going to be on Team Russia. These guys are just living you mean, they're they're living on the beach in Florida. They love living in the States. And it's not the States and it's not America that makes a decision. It's the i HF for you know, the governing body of that. But again, to me, I don't know, it's a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
Speaker 5: So but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this twel those as we're both Piganora fans. A lot of Russians are in Brooklyn. Those guys are getting after the headquarters right now as we speak, so they'll be excited and write a party when we come back. It's the mid section of the podcast. No guests, we don't need it. There's still lots of free agents out. There's a lot of plug in where some of these guys are going to go. Let's coming up next here on NHL unscripted. Most of the big names off the board. Anthony Mantha did just son a two year deal in New Jersey for a nine point five million Mantha coming off a thirty three goal season in Pittsburgh playing primarily with him, getting Malcolm now could get a chance to ride shot him with Jack Hughes thoughts in the move for the Devil's JAD He talked earlier about Barret Hayton nap, But what do you think about Mantha to New Jersey?
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 7: I like that Sunny Mana went out and got Anthonymantha, big body. I think they need some size up front. They you know, they're not a huge group up front, and right now they got him slought on the second line with Jack Hughes and yesper Brad on a daily face. Yes, So I think it's gonna be a good fit. And you know, Anthony Mantha had a really good season last year obviously, and he's been a guy. He's always been a guy that's underachieved for me, Like he even when he was in Detroit and those other things, he had all this ability and just never really it never really came out to the forefront. And then last year in Pittsburgh he was so good and you saw it and you saw his size, and you know he's.
Speaker 3: Actually sneaky tough too.
Speaker 7: So like this guy has a lot of different intangibles that I think are gonna help New Jersey. I think I think it's a really good, really good pickup.
Speaker 4: He's uh, he's the greatest player on last year of his deal in the NHL history. He's fantastic. You get him on last year of his deal, He's unbelievable. So this year, I don't know how great it's gonna be. But next year, New Jersey Devil fans.
Speaker 1: Stult to a guy you're seeing his only motivated when he's molney on the table.
Speaker 7: I mean I did that a couple of times too. I mean, I'll do that, aren't.
Speaker 4: We look at his deals? Go tell go through his deals? Hit the last year of his contract. He is a fucking dog. So this year probably not. Sometimes maybe we'll see if I tell.
Speaker 5: You what next year.
Speaker 4: Come next year, twenty five thirty goals and Jersey's in the playoffs. But sorry, New Jersey Devil's fans might be tough sledding this year.
Speaker 2: But I love it both called big body love it. I like that stud. He went two years, then didn't want to go three years. He would have mail hit him for two years, should.
Speaker 4: Have went one year deal, he would have been. Anthony Manthon a one year deal is a dangerous man.
Speaker 2: So truly it's a one year, nine point five million dollar tail.
Speaker 1: You're telling me if he lights it up that second year, he'll be worth that nine million.
Speaker 2: All right, best remaining free agents.
Speaker 1: Take a quick look at some of these names on the board. Thoughts on this duet here JD. Patrick, Kane, Vladimir Tarasenko. You're gonna play a spot where those guys could end up.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, you know, Tarasenko is interesting one. You know, I think he's gonna wait to see I They're probably both way. I bet you Caane and Tarasenko both waiting for each other to see where that one goes, you know, to maybe set the market for them. But you know, Kaner is an interesting one. You know, it's gonna be in one of those top five teams. I don't see him going to Colorado. You know, Utah doesn't really need him. Yeah, I don't know, not that I put Utah on the top five, but Minnesota. Maybe Zukuerello's gone. Maybe Kaner goes to Mini, maybe goes to Buffalo, maybe he goes home.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So you know there's a couple of places that I had thought of, even you know, you look at it off the kind of something that's maybe a little bit outside, but you know, Montreal Canadians potentially could be a spot. I don't, you know, really know enough with where Kaner wants to go and what he's thinking of doing. But you know, I expected to be to a contender, just like Laddie's gonna go to a contender. And I wouldn't be surprised. Also if Tampa Bay sniffing up both these guys. I named every team, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I like, I like this one can say hard, So I'm gonna just give you a listed you too much. One you're most excited about Marcus Johansson, Michael Bunting.
Speaker 2: You like Tolvin and James Van Riemsdyke.
Speaker 3: M Marcus Johansson the one. I like that one. He's always been a guy for me.
Speaker 7: He's you know, been kind of a Swiss army knife on every team he's been on and plays in a lot of different situations. I could see him in a in Boston. Maybe I looked at him in a Boston role. You know, he can play in a you know, third line or second line, first line role. You know, Tara Sinko one, I was interesting. I thought of Utah, and then I also thought, like, if Kane doesn't go to Buffalo, I could see Terry Sinkle going to Buffalo as well.
Speaker 3: If that doesn't, like like you said, it doesn't work out.
Speaker 7: But the one for the other one that jumps out is Clinkberg going to Anaheim. Like we talked about Anaheim kneeing a right handed defenseman. So I look at it too. As you know, you have Jackson leccolem. You don't have olwen Zelweger anymore. You know, if Jackson leccolem gets hurt or whatever happens, I mean, knock on wood, but you don't have your number one power play guy. I mean maybe you'll, you know, maybe Clinkberg steps in and he can.
Speaker 3: Do that role.
Speaker 7: So they need right hand and shot defenseman. And that's another one that just screams to me, to Anaheim right now.
Speaker 4: I got one guy that And it happens every year there's a player usually defenseman, which sucks out us. But Logan Stanley, yeah, Logan Stanley. I don't know what his agent did or what you know. I think the end when he got traded to Buffalo. I think that hurt a stock. You know, he barely played and then you know, was like scratched at times in the in the finals, he was playing like eighteen minutes of twenty minutes and Winnipeg at nine goals. You know, I think he I think he could benefit a team big time. So I think he's gonna end up probably having to take a one year deal. I'd be surprised if he, you know, gets more than that. At this point, it's unfortunate. I think he still might get something. But yeah, I thought he was going to make a bag this offseason and to tals point before, like a lot of teams have filled up their needs. So I don't know if he was asking for too much and priced himself out or he's got five six offers, but it doesn't look it looks like a lot of teams have picked up the d men they wanted. You know, I could see maybe even a shark's going after him. I'd still like him if he becomes cheap enough, you know, for that five to six roll bringing another tree. But it's tough for him, man. I expected him to be off the board by now.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: And as far as goalies are concerned tal It's not exactly Jerry Cheevers, Bernie Brunt, Ken Dryden, but Cam Talbot, Connor Ingram, Peter Murrazik, who tickles your fancy.
Speaker 6: I've always liked Kem Talbot. That's a guy who's been around a long time now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I covered him when he stole our Marty b Rom's backup spot with the Rangers and came out of nowhere to win that backup spot behind Henrik and he's just been going and going and going ever since. I mean, if there's a team out there that needs a solid veteran backup, you can do a lot worse than Cam Talbot, in my opinion. Another guy I was going to quickly mention, I don't know if we did, you know, mention him at all in the so far, but James Van Riemsdek is a guy who you know what he brings year after year after year. Seven power play goals for Detroit last season. That's not bad for a guy who you could probably get on a one year veterans veteran minimum probably for that guy, and you want to keep playing.
Speaker 5: He can help a team out on their power play.
Speaker 3: Av You know whose power Play struggled last year.
Speaker 1: JVR let's ahi, guys, that's where the Flyers were gonna get. Jero Nate I said, we just see me on face offs of the power play. She would have been the guy go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, g's there. Right, he went back to Ottawa. I mean, you got David Paran, you got Adam Henriq, you got uh Carson Sussi. You know, I'm wondering what Toronto's gonna do with Cali yarncrock as well. Are they going to resign him there? Over the cap They're gonna move somebody. I think they're still trying to move Morgan Riley. Maybe that's holding up a lot of stuff. I still, I still think Morgan Riley has the potential to not be Toronto Mapleve at the start of the season. But I still I still think there's a lot of exciting, Like there's still some moves that are going to be made. I think in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Nice last topic, Bedard bedridden.
Speaker 1: Chicago already taken plenty of heat for trading the fourth overall picking the draft for the right to make Bowen bayhim the highest peed defenseman in NHL history. Now comes where it starts in or Conrad. We'll miss the start of the season after shoulder surgery. Do an injury sustained during a summer skate in Vancouver? What but Dark's still restricted free agent needs to be signed, so this could put a wrench into that.
Speaker 2: More importantly, JD a summer skate in Vancouver.
Speaker 5: Come on, but Dard?
Speaker 3: Fuck Cotters?
Speaker 2: Why got her? Why but he go rollerblading? Go to the beach?
Speaker 4: Take these Oh that was unfortunate. That was unfortunate. It happens. You have to listen. You have to we play a full contact sport. You can't you know, played tittley winks all summer. You have to get a grinding and he toepicked pretty much. Yeah, he toe picked going backwards. It's like the most unfortunate, unlucky thing, and he caught his shoulder.
Speaker 5: It's stinks, man.
Speaker 4: It's honestly, like, there's nothing worse than getting hurt in the summer. It's happened to me, where like I sprained an ankle or you're like two three weeks and you're like, this just threw off my whole summer, not to mention four to six months, Like may your surgery.
Speaker 5: Chicago's in trouble. They're in trouble, man, tell you what.
Speaker 4: Chicago's right there with Anaheim and Vancouver there, they're they're in trouble. Anim I think is still better than both those teams because they're forward group. But uh, there's gonna be some teams out west that are struggling early. But yeah, this is Chicago's in one, I think big time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel bad for I feel bad for the kid because you know, he got all he had all that steam going and right before was a Christmas he gets hurt, right, he was playing so well, comes back then this happens, and I you know, you saw the way he fell, and I've had two left shoulder surgeries for a c separations, and I can just tell by the way he was like he fell that it was, you know, and he was grabbing his shoulder. You're just like, oh fuck, that's not good. So it's tough for him because I look at it too.
Speaker 3: For him.
Speaker 7: You know, he he can't start the season on time. He's still a young guy. You know, it takes time. When you come back from that and you're right in the middle of the season, it takes like you know, you're not going to be lighting the world on fire right away. I mean, yeah, he is Connor Burdard, but it's gonna take some time to get back into it. Your shoulders just not the same. So I'm sure he's gonna be okay, but it's just tough for him for this to happen. This young, no doubt about. It's still to come here.
Speaker 1: In NHL unscripted, a two brute Daniel Albertson is sticking the knife in the Autawa Centers and going to the Trammo police. We'll discuss Alfie's move behind the bench right after this.
Speaker 2: Time, not for CENTI five and sixty.
Speaker 1: You know you're a nerd win you go to the theater a week in advance just to buy your tickets to the Odyssey and then realize it might be a little late. I went for the six o'clock PM show Garden State JD twelve minutes from my house. I sa, I'll do it a week in advance. Third row imax. It's not front row, it's.
Speaker 5: Not second, it's off on the neck.
Speaker 1: Third row, and it's a three hour movie. Two fifty two plus trailers. Firks and to walk on the stiff neck, Like what happened? White put a strap on him? Like, no, I just I was watching the Odyssey.
Speaker 4: Sorry took us see Alis. I got stuck half boy.
Speaker 1: Two hooped guys over here, just stuck watching the Odyssey for three.
Speaker 2: Hours one in two. I just have to hope there's a couple of later rivals. I take one of the scenes.
Speaker 5: I'm using that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely White pulled up the strap on Sorry my next little.
Speaker 5: That is so good.
Speaker 4: Next time I said of his stiff neck, was White wearing a strap bomblas, That's good?
Speaker 5: How was it?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: It's coming up this Friday, so I'm trying to avoid the early reviews. What critics can do now with the students have done it is they allowed critics to do quick reviews on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 2: So Richard Roper, the Great Richard Roper years ago, you're to Cisco, Hebert. I just watched it.
Speaker 1: By the way, looks at William Shott and I love the guy who's put on some weight. And he did like a thirty second review. He was like, I had the same feeling watching the Odyssey that have when I watched one of me and Tal's favorites, Spike Lee's do the Right Thing. I had the same thing when I was watching Quentin Tarantino's pulp Fiction. I had the same thing when I was watching two thousand Space Saucy. This is one of the great films I've experienced in that Who knows that this will add up to those all time, but it's one of Chris Nolan's best films. It's one of the best films of the year. Like Okay sold no spoilers. I was already in let's find.
Speaker 4: Out question for you, both of you in the top talent, I mean even you Nate. As as movie goes, you know, there's there's a lot of talk, you know, the casting and what are your thoughts when a movie that is Greek mythology is cast in a certain way, as you know, you're a man of a different race and ethnicity. But like you know, Elliott Page, Elliott Page being a warrior, I guess in it, and then Lupite and Young being a Hellen of Troy. You know, I'm just wondering what's your thoughts on that, because again, it's been both sides of the fence have been going crazy.
Speaker 5: I like a good movie. I don't give a shit but you know, I just.
Speaker 2: I would have reserved judgments. I see the movies.
Speaker 1: I see the movie, I go, I thought Elliot Page kind of sucked, and I think they cast him because he's trained gender, then I'll be annoyed. But if I see the film and go, I know it's with it or Lapio Young and fine. In fairness, I don't know the source material. I know about as much about Homer's Odyssey as I do about Homer Simpson, so like, I won't understand Oh great, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know the text.
Speaker 1: So it's not like I'm watching Death of the Salesman I play, which I love, Like, no, that's not accurate if I was watching Grapes of Wrath, so tell to me. I'm like, I don't know the honesty, and everyone's like, I'm like, should I brush up on it? I'm like, well, I'm not gonna be speed reading it in the next two days, so we're just got to figure it out. I trust Christopher Nolan is going to make a film as accessible to somebody who knows Homer's Yossy as somebody who does not. I'm expecting a lot of action. I'm expecting it to look great in the big screen, and that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't care. I'm gonna go see it.
Speaker 6: It's Christopher Nolan, Like I still don't understand Interstellar, but I'm still gonna go see the honysty What I mean, I don't get interested. I I heard that Tennant was more complicated than Interstellar.
Speaker 2: I why we are team Nolan all the way we would love for somebody want to be a team Nolan.
Speaker 5: But I was very confused.
Speaker 1: Tell me he's never made a bad way. I go, I guess you didn't sit through Tennant because.
Speaker 2: I have no idea that I'm still confused by.
Speaker 6: I heard Tenant was more complicated than Interstellar, and I finished Interstellar and I didn't know what.
Speaker 2: Was going on, So I was like, I just want to be confused.
Speaker 5: But my point is I'm going to see it anyways.
Speaker 6: I trust him implicitly, Like I'm sure more than half the people complaining about the casting have never read the source material, So I'm not I'm not waiting until all this bullshit about casting and what color this person is and who this person is. If it's good, it's good, and it sounds like it's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean three hours casting. Speaking speaking of casting, Sean Avery's in it?
Speaker 5: How did he that film?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 5: He's an Oppenheimer's all he does? He like is he Christopher? Is he?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 1: Nolan just loves his thespian roots. He said, you know what, this guy brings it?
Speaker 4: Like really he does. He's in all three of those. That's a nice like good for him.
Speaker 2: You know what it is?
Speaker 1: I think didn't like Dion Phough And I think the fact that Sean Avery said Dempo took my sloppy seconds.
Speaker 2: That's Christopher Nolan's wampy. And you know what, team Sean Avery.
Speaker 1: It's for some reason Chris Nolan does not like Dianphanough. But Alicia Cuthbert that that's what this going on here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Adam Sandler has Rob Schneider and Christopher Nolan has Sean Avery. They gotta give you, gotta give him credit for this is like a big deal, like budget. I'm not I'm not talking about Sean Avery being in any of these movies are big time movies.
Speaker 5: He's in them, That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: I did want one drive by from Nate because I don't watch a ton of shows.
Speaker 2: The Emmy nominations came out, I know enough just to see them.
Speaker 1: Anominations go okay, yep, the Pit I've heard of it, but I don't's watch it, Noel Wiley whatever, DTF, Saint Louis. I was thrilled to see you recognize for a lot of nominations, but I am curious nate your thoughts and shrinking, which I've never seen. Despite the fact Tess, Harrison Ford and Jason Siegel. I just want to watch Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox. I have one question, how much is Michael J. Fox in the show? Because he was I mean nominated, but maybe just because he is Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox.
Speaker 7: No, he's in I would say at least three or four episodes at least, and him and him and Harrison Ford together, like the scenes there together, It's uh, they're so good. He's so good. I mean, the show is incredible. It gets better every season. It's it's the same writer Bill Lawrence obviously is Ted Lasso and and just creative writing. Obviously you get a little bit of everything. And actually one of my friends is on the show too, is named Marcus Silviatro. I do I do jiu Jitsu with him, he's one of the sons of the neighbors. But the show, Jude gee you can gee. So yeah, it's a great show. I highly recommend shrinking, absolutely shrinking a shot.
Speaker 2: And JD has a recommendation for the great Sterling K. Brown in Paradise.
Speaker 5: Oh sterling K. Brown. God damn it. What a beautiful man and a beautiful actor, good looking duet, intense.
Speaker 4: There's this scene in it he was him and James Marsden go on toe to toe and I love James Marsen. He walks circles around him, circles. Really, I'm like, dude, you can't even match that intensity.
Speaker 5: Come out.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's one reason why I love The Wibly Blood so muchcause Danielly Lewis is just punking Paul Dano like it's.
Speaker 2: Not even an argument.
Speaker 4: I like Paul Dano too. I like, is it Dano or Dano Paul dwne.
Speaker 1: You know, I always thought it was pronounced Dano, but it is actually pronounced Dano.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 4: I like Paul Dano a lot. I actually like him a lot. I think he's fantastic. Just think Daniel da Lewis. There's just mean hours from them there's Danieldy Lewis and everybody else inacting, and especially like intensity You're You're.
Speaker 5: Can't last of the Mohicans.
Speaker 1: Tarantino said, The Only Bloods one of his favorite movies. He said, but I just I think it's such an unfair fight. Watching D d L against Paul Dano. He goes, it's like uh Ali Quarry, which is a very dated boxing reference.
Speaker 2: But I love that.
Speaker 1: Tarantino said, it was very funny to be Anyways, what's it all about, Alphie jd? How about this Brady could truck trade didn't already put enough of a damper in the Outawa Senators offseason? Now, Daniel Offferson did an interview for the head coaching job of the Leafs to Go.
Speaker 2: How would make you assistant?
Speaker 5: But no problem?
Speaker 1: Associate coach under Jim Hiller, The Hall of Famer spent the past three seasons as an assistant in Ottawa. Franchise is all don leader and goals, assists and points. How much of kicking the balls is this to the city of Ottawa?
Speaker 4: I mean the Ottawa Centers are just in a room sitting on a chair watching the Toronto Maple's Make Sweet Sweet Love to their wife, girlfriend, mom, the whole kit and kaboodle. They are just oh, Mike, they they need that rink downtown so bad.
Speaker 5: They need that ring.
Speaker 4: Yes, they need they need it built tomorrow, yesterday, three weeks ago. Because nobody wants to go to the Brook Street Hotel. Nobody wants to go to Canada. Move it down to I. I I'm a little shocked at Alfredson, And I'd probably say that Matt Sundeed had more pull than we know behind the scenes of bringing off over there. But I don't know. I feel like it's a little you know, that's such a rivalry. You're not supposed to touch and you're not supposed to jump the line, So you know, I think it's fair to call alfreds In a scab and a defector on this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more than you can get promotion.
Speaker 2: He's a head coach. I get it, Bro, You're an assistant and now you're just lateral. Yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Lateral?
Speaker 3: Move swede swede love like you said.
Speaker 5: Just then over taking it up the tailpipe.
Speaker 6: He's an associate coach in Toronto technically, so it's not exactly lateral, but basically it is just want to clarify.
Speaker 2: No, but his associate that to me, it kind of sounds like the same thing.
Speaker 5: You guys, associated assistant develop.
Speaker 3: And he was coming.
Speaker 7: I would assume Alfie's coming to to help the power play in Toronto, right, He's coming in Hope, so he's a power play guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, a couple of thoughts. He let the fans do it.
Speaker 1: Islanders have had their moments when it comes to trying new jerseys. They decided to let fans take charge of what they do. Next, Islanders will be introducing a new third jersey. A lot of fan designed the jersey through a contest, allowing Islanders faithful to submit the right nice. The team announcer received twelve thousand entries in five hours, and a team committee mae up of executives, players and other staff was like five finalists.
Speaker 2: Bad idea, JD or genius.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's good.
Speaker 4: My one of my favorite websites is ninety nine designs Nice.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: You submit a design, and you submit an idea for a design, and people bet on it, and then you just pick a group of people. You give them each their own separate notes for what they built you and then you know, it keeps and you end up with something pretty.
Speaker 5: Cool that you, you.
Speaker 4: Know, kind of create with somebody. So yeah, I think it's gonna be cool. I think listen to fan base. They understand what it means to be an Islander fan. They understand what it is to be an Islander, and part of the New York Islanders organization is supporting them for so long. So and I think there's gonna be some pretty creative people that come up with some pretty awesome stuff. And you know what better third jersey the sixth man jersey you want to call it as being the or seventh man if you acount a goalie, the seventh man jersey like made by the fans for the players, like you know, wearing the fans on their back.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Nay, what do you think of it?
Speaker 3: No, I think it's great.
Speaker 7: I think you're gonna see a lot more teams doing this. I thought that the design was awesome.
Speaker 3: I really liked it.
Speaker 7: I mean I think that you can think of other teams and like JD said, I think there's there's a lot of there's a lot of creative people out there that can that can do more than a lot of these organizations I'm sure with when it comes to artistry. So I think we're gonna see some sick their jerseys hopefully, well, I.
Speaker 2: Can only hope.
Speaker 1: And last lot hanging out flowers the newly weds. Plenty of players getting married this summer. Want to acknowledge the couple in San Jose had their wedding crash, but the one and only San Jose Shark's mascot, Sharky.
Speaker 2: Congrats the young couple.
Speaker 1: Sharky hitting the dance for as well JD as our former Sharks still doing work with the Sharks. Your thoughts on just Sharky. I mean, he's one of the great mascots in the game of hockey.
Speaker 3: What did I miss?
Speaker 5: We're talking Sharkey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 3: It's?
Speaker 2: Sharkis What are the great mascots in hockey?
Speaker 5: The best? Yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you know Gritty's I mean, there's some really good mascots in the NHL, now Gritty And now who knows what the new team's coming in. If it's gonna be Houston, what are they gonna call Houston?
Speaker 5: What are they gonna call?
Speaker 4: You know, if Atlanta gets a team, So to me, some new mascots may be coming in. But yeah, I like Sharky's I mean he, I mean the iconic him coming off the ceiling. Yeah, on the on the zip line and he got caught. The best was that him or the Ducks guy?
Speaker 5: It was him?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: It was Sharks. Yeah, the Sharks.
Speaker 2: Our mascot grew is teuth.
Speaker 1: Never there's a mascot question, tal can handle those as well. You're asking me then, well, because you're a Sharks guy, And I said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: The kids.
Speaker 5: The kids love the mascots.
Speaker 1: Nate, nobody's anti mascot. You meet a guy who's I hate mascots, You got what's wrong with you? Like, just have some time, come on.
Speaker 3: No, I like mascots.
Speaker 7: I mean I think about the different teams that played for I mean Gritty Up you up in Montreal.
Speaker 3: Up is a good one in Mantreal. That's a great one. Some good mascots out there.
Speaker 5: My favorites.
Speaker 4: When they're absolute pissed tanks and they're just and you meet them out and they're just absolutely just.
Speaker 1: That's the better points. The mascot when they're unmasked comes like death to Smoochy, like Robin Williams like they're just crass, an.
Speaker 4: Angry, great deep cup movie like that Smoochy Edward.
Speaker 2: Work just an angry sour comedy.
Speaker 6: Very misanthropic was Edward Norton had a great recent interview where he talked extensively about Death to Smoochy By the way, Basically, he loved making it and was devastated when when it was when it bombed.
Speaker 2: Massive flop, but I underrated greatness.
Speaker 5: It was good. It a weird, dark, ye creepy movie.
Speaker 3: But it's like.
Speaker 2: Last thought, the favorite summer teammate wedding?
Speaker 1: Is there a particular team interviewers, You're like, you know what, that wedding was a blast.
Speaker 7: Oh, there's a couple of them. Steven Stamp Ghost his h it was a good one. Teddy Purcels was a good one too. His was out in Lake comb It, Italy. So that was that that didn't suck. So those are some fun ones he used. All all of them all had a common denominator. The shirts were off on the dance floor though, that's for sure. I'm sure JD can attest the same thing at his weddings.
Speaker 4: He went to JD always Yeah, I mean there's some good ones like I did a couple in like Winnipeg were just fucking grimy, deep, just the bathroom full of drugs, just at the groom. The groom didn't even sleep with the bride. They were the groom ended up like forty minutes outside downtown Winnipeg at like an after party, and then like it was just like a two day, absolute debaucherous weekend and like just middle of the summer, sweaty Winnipeg, and I just I always look back fondly on that because I'm like, you know, you think of like, oh the opulent you're in Italy and it's beautiful right now. Just give me middle of the I'm or Winnipeg just a crash. And then with the best part about those ones, My favorite part is like you know, back in my heyday when I was younger, and you know, just when full balls to the wall and then I'd run into like we'd be at like some random game like against Saint Louis and I'd be walking out and like one of like we're walking by like the family and they're like, JD, what's up, And I'm like, what's up?
Speaker 3: Like, whoa dude?
Speaker 2: What a party? We had?
Speaker 4: And I was like, who the fuck is this guy? When I partied with this guy the whole night at a wedding.
Speaker 5: And I'm sitting there and being like, yeah, great to meet Jill. You you made up with my aunt and.
Speaker 2: Going on right now? Oh my god, finger bang my aunt?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Whoa another level? Another level?
Speaker 4: Easy, I just strap on VERI tell it a little crazy, exactly right?
Speaker 5: All right, Well you get fired next week.
Speaker 1: Talks a little vulgar today, but thanks for checking out two hoop teams.
Speaker 2: We look forward to our next podcast a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: NHL Unscripted is a production of the NHL and iHeart Podcasts. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.