Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm strong and Jato arms Strong and Getty. Could he come inside?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Awesome, you're groundated? No, my friends show me that one.
Speaker 3: They're ground You go outside?
Speaker 2: Well, it's different for you because you would rather be inside your corner shops.
Speaker 1: To be outside. You need to be a kid.
Speaker 2: Do something out here. There's a lot of things you can do. Climb the tree, jump the fence. I don't really care, go tea the audition neighbor.
Speaker 1: It's not worry. You have to be creative. What do you want to do inside?
Speaker 4: Anyways?
Speaker 1: And that's the probable.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: You know, well, that kid sounded like he was reading from a script. But I had a very similar conversation with my son last night, like in a very serious way. He was breaking down emotionally over this, over the whole thing I talked about over the last couple of weeks. I'm getting rid of Netflix and Disney and all that different sort of stuff. As I've been encouraging him for a long time. Got to come up with other things to do. He's homeschooled, so he has more time on his hands than his brother does. But uh, it's I do have some sympathy as a guy who loves to read. I find it difficult to read now because my brain is warped from looking at my phone. And I didn't start looking at my phone until I was forty five. So you know, if you've been if you've been doing that your whole life. Just the pace of things being outside. I'm supposed to get a stick and like digging the dirt at their point, which is what I did sometimes, but just the pace is just so slow.
Speaker 5: We need and this is my ten million dollar idea that I'm too shift list to actually implement. We need electronic detox programs, and I know they exist, but they need to be like well known and popular where whether as an adult or as a parent or whatever. Maybe the kid himself realizes I am making myself insane. I need two weeks in the woods to decompress, get weaned off the devices, get back in touch with the reality. I mean actual real reality, not virtual reality reality.
Speaker 1: I need it myself, right, I camba have we done?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what are human beings doing to themselves?
Speaker 5: You know quote unquote tech I swear is the apple from the tree and knowledge in the Book of Genesis. It is the the thing we cannot handle as a species.
Speaker 1: Troubles me greatly and I only think about it every single day. So well, we're gonna do oh oh.
Speaker 5: Speaking of kids, I wanted to bring this up and again, you're not gonna hear this anywhere but here. Even though it's a huge, huge story, and especially in the wake of the recent Supreme Court oral arguments, the UK has banned puberty blockers for gender confused children indefinitely. It's an unacceptable safety risk quote unquote. Existing emergency measures banning the sale and supply puberty supressing hormones will be made indefinite following official advice from medical experts. Any medical expert that is not utterly corrupted by radical gender theory can look at the evidence and see what the CAST report saw and say, wow, there is no evidence that this is worth all of the risks and the side effects and the injuries and eighty five percent of kids grow out of it within six months anyway, and the rest of it. So I don't know what to say other than that the UK has made their very very strong decision, joining half a dozen other European countries that are doing exactly the same thing.
Speaker 1: So the biggest political story of the day to me, and I think this can't be overstated, is how high Donald Trump is right now as a politician compared to where he once was. There might not be a example of this throughout world history of anybody being as low as somebody was and as high as somebody was as right now with Donald Trump, it is absolutely amazing. So today, in case you didn't know it, he rang the bell to open the New York Stock Exchange, which no president or president elect has done since Reagan. So it's been forty years for whatever reason. But there's a video out of when Donald Trump gets told this yesterday, when somebody comes to us, say, hey, we just got the news the New York Stock Exchange is invited you to ring the bell. Nobody, no president has done it since Reagan in nineteen eighty two or whatever it is. It And you can just tell the I mean, the guy who's grown up in New York. New York is his home town. It's like, you know, being successful wherever you went to high school, sure, I mean, and at the same day Time Magazine names You're gonna be on the cover of Time magazine, which Trump is an old man, it still really means something to be Time Magazine's person of the year.
Speaker 5: Oh you know who else is Time Magazine's person of the year Jack Perhaps you've heard of him Hitler.
Speaker 1: And so the combination of those two things with this CNN poll that is out, first of all, the CNN poll on how do you feel Trump is handling the transition? Fifty five forty five approved. He's got a ten point win. We're just a couple of weeks ago he was Hitler according to everyone, exception for people who are going to vote for Trump.
Speaker 5: And to me, the most interesting part of the transition the way it's being run is he's more or less the president already.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 5: I wish we could revive James Madison and have him say, yeah, have the new guys start early. The old guy's not doing anything, so let's get started. Because that's the feel of it, according to Democrats.
Speaker 1: According to Politico over the weekend, unnamed Democrats in the White House saying, yeah, it feels like Trump's the president already. Democrats and the White House are saying that. I mean, it's absolutely amazing. So they break it down your choices on here are a lot of confidence, some confidence, no real confidence, no opinion. And here's all these different categories that Trump's killing it in. Dealing with the economy. You add up a lot of confidence with some confidencies at sixty five percent in the you know, positive territory on dealing with the economy, handling the war between Russia and Ukraine's sixty two, dealing with immigration policy sixty providing real leadership for the country fifty nine, handling foreign affairs. God Ian Bremer and people like him constantly writing how nervous world leaders are now that Trump's coming back in the eyes. Okay, well, Americans are fifty five percent of them either a lot or somewhat okay with way He's going to handle it, Appointing the best people to office fifty four percent, and then the most amazing one given January sixth, using the power of the presidency responsibly fifty four percent. He's above fifty on all of those categories. It's stunning. Yeah, yeah, how much of it is the positive Trump thing? How much of it is the negative Democrat thing? They're just so not liked or respected or trusted. Yes, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, I would love to think long and hard about this and question others from a completely non partisan point of view. Just trying to understand how an electorate moves from one place to another is part of it. Just the dimming of memories, the when Lestrei's hand sung, those too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget. Is there a certain amount of that of the negatives of Trump? As you point out, Well, it's a binary choice, and the current guy is just a miserable loser. So yeah, we're gonna go with the next guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So final thing on this. Democrats are still trying to do a bit of an autopsy, not just on the election but on their party, like where are we and what's the future and everything like that. Polling suggests that Trump is ideologically closer to the median voter than Kamala Harris Shock. Third Way, which is a centrist democratic think tank their job is to figure this stuff out to get Democrats elected, conducted a post election survey asking voters to place themselves Harrison Trump on a scale ranging from zero very liberal to ten, very conservative. The mean response was two point four point five for Harris, just dang close down to the liberal end, seven point seven eight for Trump. For all voters it's five point sixty three. So Trump is way closer to where the average American is than Kamala Harris. I mean it's not even close. No wonder he won. Yeah, yeah, that's striking. I thought I had it and that's with me. And if you lean Wright, it's good news because the Democratic Party, if they want to have any say whatsoever, is going to have to move closer to us if they want to have any say whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Well, and for the emptieth time of the media is just a far left freak show. I mean, nobody.
Speaker 1: Believes what they believe.
Speaker 5: Statistically speaking, Why are they still in business?
Speaker 1: Well, they're they're rapidly going out of business.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 5: One final thought on that, and this is so remarkable to me. I find no need to relitigate the election. But after the election they hold this event. I think it's at Georgetown again. I'll bet I could find it real quick. But where the heavyweight of the two candidates campaigns get together and they compare notes and they make jokes and they cast dispersions and that sort of thing. And it's most Americans are totally unaware of it. But if you're a Beltway freak, I mean, this is the super Bowl. It's crazy interesting if you're into campaigns. And Carl Rove just wrote a piece for The Wall Street Journal that at Today's at this year's autopsy, the higher ups in the Harris campaign were saying, we ran a flawless campaign. We hit all the notes. Wow, it was mostly misogyny and that sort of thing. And they were dead blank and serious.
Speaker 1: Good good, good luck, good luck with that, Good luck with thinking that's it, Good luck with ignoring this think tank who said you're way out of step with the mean American You're not even close. Go ahead and think it's misogyny, racism, please do. Okay, So it's Harvard.
Speaker 5: As it turns out, Kamala Harris's campaign of chief of staff, Sheila Knicks, jolted the conference Thursday night by boasting that Democrats ran a pretty flawless campaign. In quotes, Ms Harris did all the steps that were required to be successful, she claimed, we hit all the marks. This earned derision from Trump campaign co manager Chris Lsovita, as it should have. And then he gets on to the you know, well, the obvious problems with her campaign and the electorate not separating yourself from Biden. We don't need to go over that again. But it is just amazing to me the extent to which these people are are siloed and still clueless about what happened. And as you said, well, good.
Speaker 1: Katie brought us this headline last week. I came across it and read a little bit about it. I'd rather die hot than live ugly. Tanning mania returns oh It pointed out that at the Oscars, Jennifer Lawrence was ridiculously bronze. So is Bradley Cooper and one other actor just like crazy tan and so it is like, you know, like fashion comes in and out, being over the top. Ten is back. I guess I know a couple of people who are ten.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh. I might have to get tan soon.
Speaker 5: Every time I go to my dermatologist, I lose a knife fight. So I don't I don't think it's a great idea. I'm not going to get actual sunshine. That's what's surprising to me that it's people. One of the Kardashians posted something she's got a tanning bed in her office, so she regular that's horrible.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do that, but uh, I'll let him spray me. I can look bronze like Bradley Cooper. Does that protect you at all? Or does it do nothing?
Speaker 5: Interesting question? I have no idea is there? Does it reflect U V A and UVB raised I don't know, because we all.
Speaker 1: Know if you're tan, you don't burn his as is when you're pale. Does that help if you spray tan? Or will you burn as if you were? Why does the sheet of paper, which is what I actually am.
Speaker 5: I once asked a dermatologist friend, which sunscreen do you recommend? And she said the one you reapply. Yeah, that's the key. It doesn't last all day anyway. Word to the wise. Oh, which reminds me delighted to be on the air in beautiful Vero Beach, Florida now on the mighty Vero Patriot Cool.
Speaker 1: So thanks very much for having us folks.
Speaker 5: As we often say, the shows a little different than a lot of talk radio. Give it a little while to get used to it, and if you still don't like it, give it a little longer.
Speaker 1: Right, anyway, you get you can adapt to anything, you can get used to anything. That's a good point. You keep a listening, it'll be all right.
Speaker 5: Last week we were talking about the fact that so many protests that end up on the evening news feature professional protesters, and we heard via email from a handful of folks who have friends and relatives who've done it, and yeah, they're unmailing lists and they're told, all right, get on this bus to Portland. Be there, we'll cover your travel expenses and blah blah blah and pay you, you know, fifty bucks a day for your trouble. And you got people who do this, which is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So you get there and then they hand you a big placard that says my body, my choice or something like that, and you stand outside a building. Yeah up with this or down with that.
Speaker 5: Frequently you don't even know what you're going to protest for against until you get there. And you know, you combine that with the fact that if you have people, if you have half a dozen people shouting angrily, the news media will come with a camera and push it as close as they have to so that that number of people, be it six or sixty, fill the frame, and as I often say, they'll have, you know, a couple of dozen people chanting angrily on the steps of the Supreme Court. There are five times that many sitting right now watching a high school basketball game somewhere, and nobody's covering that.
Speaker 1: So add this to that. This is in the Liberal LA Times.
Speaker 5: Paid protester company looking to hire seven foot three hundred pounds giants quote unquote for intimidation factor.
Speaker 1: A lot of seven three hundred pound people to hire. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I would say ask for a lot of money if you are one of the aforementioned behemoths. But Crowds on Demand is a Beverly Hills based company that provides quote incentivized activism.
Speaker 1: I love that for companies and.
Speaker 5: Groups looking to fill out events and demonstrations with totally real, totally paid activists. The company recently posted a job opening for people over seven feet tall and three hundred pounds, crowds.
Speaker 1: I could get to if I eate enough. I can't get a foot taller, though.
Speaker 5: So Crowds on Demand founder and CEO Adams Swartt says the gigantic protestors will mostly be used to turn heads for the corporate side of the business that provides crowds for new startups and product launches.
Speaker 1: That's a good way.
Speaker 5: It can't help or it can't hurt that it will be intimidating in a positive sense, he said.
Speaker 1: When is intimidating ever in a positive sense, well.
Speaker 5: He means attractive. It will attract attention. It's positively intimidating. No, it's a torture of the language. There are only seventy such adult men in the United States between the ages of twenty and forty, according to a recent Sports Illustrated article.
Speaker 1: Seventy Yeah, rough, Wow, that's not very many. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you're a giant and would like to stand around chanting what was that phrase?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 5: I loved it so much and I forgot it incentivized activism, you know, call now.
Speaker 1: Quick question for you, What if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 5: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the podcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 3: Download it now, Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 8: Are people are not thrilled with the altoon of McDonald's employees who mickfingered him. Several nasty Google reviews have been left of the Altoona location, including they got rats behind the counter, do not recommend, while many other simply left one star reviews citing bad service and so called snitches. You know what they say, snitches get filet of fishes.
Speaker 1: Michael play thirty three and thirty four back to back for us would be so kind.
Speaker 9: Manjoni's case has become a cause, with admirers posting videos on Instagram. The social media profile gained hundreds of thousands of followers after his arrest, and the police department that arrested Manchoni has been threatened. His lawyer's office has been inundated with calls from people offering to pay his legal bills.
Speaker 1: It's not only in the digital world. We saw a lookalike contest in New York.
Speaker 10: People are selling things or we're selling things with Mangoni's image on.
Speaker 5: Etsy and with the whole denied delay defend or the deposed variation that this murderer came up with, and the response to it's been very, very odd and troubling, and you want to ask these people, all right, the CEOs of what other industries, and how many of them including women? How about minorities? Do they all get murdered if you don't like their company's polls? Oil companies perhaps, I don't know, tobacco carmakers, and nobody seems to have an answer for that. You know, it occurred to me Jack just now, as I was thinking about this, I wonder how much of this is that such a high percentage of our interactions with any human beings are third hand via the Internet, and so they don't seem like real human beings at all. You get a character on TV got gunned down, Oh I'm so in Manhattan. Absolutely, it's not a real human being. It's just a TV show.
Speaker 1: Well, and then if you combine the coin of the realm in twenty twenty four, for communication is just over the top. I mean, that's just the way we all talk now, at least online, that's the way people talk. Certainly, it's so over the top. Maybe those two things coming together, I mean, do people mean this as we As we've experienced before, we've had some situations with some really nasty textures emails who were violently threatened, and we turn it over to cops or investigators or something like that, and as soon as there's any pushback whatsoever there all I know, I don't mean you that I love the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's amazing about face Michael. One more montage if you would clip number thirty eight. This is, you know, media and social media reactions.
Speaker 10: I do believe in the sanctity of life, and I think that's why I felt, along with so many other Americans joy unfortunately, you know, because seriously.
Speaker 1: I mean execution.
Speaker 10: Maybe not joy, but certainly not no, certainly not empathy.
Speaker 1: A reaction not of.
Speaker 7: Universal horror that a fifty year old father of two and husband was shot dead in public, but rather of.
Speaker 10: And I don't want to call it glee, but let's just say not unhappiness.
Speaker 7: Some of the comments were thoughts and deductibles to the family. One of the comments was, unfortunately, my condolences are out of network, and so I think it really.
Speaker 1: Isn't that something.
Speaker 7: I really think it's reflective about how people are feeling about their healthcare.
Speaker 1: Well, you are twisted. If you throughout the word joy, you're a sick human being. Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was Taylor Lorrain on Piers Morgan, and she is absolutely a sick human being. She is a twisted she's you know what, she is very much of cut from the same cloth as the killer.
Speaker 1: I don't see her killing anybody, But.
Speaker 5: She is the over educated progressive who is so one hundred percent convinced of her own rightness that she believes people can be hurt, silence, jailed, whatever if they dare disagree with her. Her her COVID record is unforgivable, especially because that big five hundred page report just came out and said that virtually everything they did with sher saying was wrong at the time was wrong, including the shutdowns and the stupid masks and the schools being closed, unforgivable.
Speaker 1: Even without getting into the complications of health insurance and the government's role and what would you replace it with and all that sort of stuff. How could you possibly think that a society where you're okay with gunning people down that you disagree with would never work right? It would fall apart immediately. Hey, guess what, Taylor Lorenz, There's people who think you're bad, so.
Speaker 3: They'd gunn you down, You moron.
Speaker 1: I mean, how do you not understand that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 5: You could absolutely make a coherent argument that Taylor Lorenz was a prominent force in keeping kids out of schools, and a lot of those kids are either miserable, fallen behind, have psychological problems, or committed suicide. So you know, I would never make that argument because it's abhorrent, but it could be made that she is so evil dot dot dot if you live.
Speaker 1: In that society. Uh, you know, let's go ahead.
Speaker 5: She was on Piers Morgan and he was trying to like get coherent answers out of her, and.
Speaker 1: She's occurred to me a lot of that crowd probably uh, vehemently anti capital punishment.
Speaker 5: Also, oh yeah, yeah, good point, good point, but pro abortion, So give us forty you're gonna you've heard part of this already.
Speaker 10: I do believe in the sanctity of life, and I think that's why I felt, along with so many other Americans, joy Unfortunately, you know, because it.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I mean execution.
Speaker 4: Should they will be killed, these healthcare executives. Would that make you even more joyful?
Speaker 1: I know that would not want And.
Speaker 10: Good question, I think, because yours, because it doesn't wouldn't fix the whole thing there is.
Speaker 1: I find your question, let's be murdered in the street. I don't find it funny. I don't. That's a very good question from Meerce Margan, who I generally find annoying. But that's a very good question. So if more were killed, would that make you more joyful? Well? No, of course not. Well why not.
Speaker 5: Come on, lay out your logic for me here? Why no one was shot, not killed, but just blinded. Now how joyful would that make? It?
Speaker 1: Kind of medium joyful? And you know, just because I thought of the capital punishment thing, i'd like to joy read with that order. How do you feel about I guarantee she's against capital punch of men. So people have been convicted of a heinous murder, gone through all the appeals and all that sort of stuff. Put to death, wrong, random killing on the street because you don't agree with the policy. Correct. Okay, Now you explain to me how that makes sense in your worldview.
Speaker 5: And these people are our moral betters, by the way, they're constantly explaining to us what's right and what's wrong. One more clip of the utterly soulless, gutless, brainless Taylor Lorenz and Peers Morgan.
Speaker 10: Now, I want to.
Speaker 1: Fix the system.
Speaker 10: You're right, we shouldn't be going around shooting each other with vigilante justice. No, I think that it is a good thing that this murder has led to America. Really, the media elites and politicians in this country paying attention to this issue. For the first time, you mentioned you couldn't understand why somebody would feel this reaction when they watched a CEO die. It's because you have not dealt it. Sounds like with the American healthcare system in the way that millions of other Americans have.
Speaker 4: I've doubled the healthcare system in various ways in America. I don't think it's perfect by any means. But the idea that I would view it as something the idea that I would view it as something joyful that a man has been he's just a healthcare executive has been executed in the street, I find completely bizarre.
Speaker 10: Okay, so I don't say I'm joyful.
Speaker 1: I said, I said you would.
Speaker 4: You said you were feeling joyful.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I take that back. Joyful is the wrong word here, I said as I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think is the wrong wood.
Speaker 10: Yeah, indicated celebratory, because again, it feels like justice in this system when somebody responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans suffers the same fate as those tens of thousands of Americans he.
Speaker 1: Murdered that I never brought this up the other day. Maybe I should find it on my phone, So that tens of thousands of Americans, there's a number going around sixty eight thousand. It comes from a wacky study by wacky people that exaggerates all kinds of things, includes all kinds of things that don't fit in as often is the case wise damn lies and statistics. So that's where that argument comes from. Not that that would make any sense anyway, right.
Speaker 5: And then juxtaposing the healthcare CEO murder with the other big high profile guy who died story, and that would be the Penny Subway vigilante defending the innocent guy ends up dead. I'm not going to call it a murder like Al Sharpton and his folks are, but place forty two, This is on CNN.
Speaker 7: Penny and the verdict there there you also have a victim who somebody determined did not deserve.
Speaker 1: To continue living. No, no, no, yeah, tell me tell me which tell me which vigilante action is? Okay? Is one is being proactive?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: So this kid who executed someone executed a guy walking away from him, shot him in the back, shot him in the for no reason whatsoever. Daniel Penny, he's a.
Speaker 5: Heron panelists, and I wish i'd bother to get her name. Was trying to suggest that, Hey, they're both vigilantic killings, and you're saying one's right and one's wrong. Where do you get off precisely where I get off? And how I say that?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, yeah, I tell you what.
Speaker 5: Every time CNN does some pretty good reporting, like Clarissa Ward's been terrific, for instance, they turn around and do something like that, and I think they should just be unplugged. But anyway, I yeah, just yank the court on CNN. They're losing money anyway, nobody watches it. They suck anyway. Uh, Jake Tapper would make a fine assistant manager of pet food stores. Wow, yeah, Joe Getty's hot and fire no even bombs, truth bombs right and left. We need to develop And I wonder if the kids have this already new vernacular for like that freaking moron Taylor Lorenz, who I've just just despised for years in a very inside media way. Most people have never heard of her, and good, your life is better for it. But do the kids already have an expression for you know, somebody says I think that guy ought to be shot? Do you really mean that? No, I Internet mean it. I just mean it on internet level.
Speaker 1: That guy should realize that guy should low key be shot, right. Yeah, Yeah, that's that's the similar. Yeah. I don't know, but as you heard, they're drilled down a little bit. Those people seem to mean it. I don't know how many people online mean it, but those those panelists meant it. Yeah, whether it was the joy or where do you draw the line between vigilante justice? What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: Ho?
Speaker 1: Stupid?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 1: These are apples and refrigerators as a come you know, as a comparison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And I think it probably all boils down to what's making so many of people miserable, including the kids, and that is that, in a very very very short span of time, we as human beings have gone from every single interaction is in person with a flesh and blood human being, with the rare exception of maybe you got a letter from somebody, to now ninety percent of your interactions are not in person with an air breathing Homo sapien. They're online, they're electronic, and therefore the killing of one of those human beings doesn't mean anything to you. They're an abstraction. They're not a human being. They're a video of a human being. Before we go to break, I'm not going to explain this. You either understand it or you don't. Did you hear that former Patriots coach Bill Belichick might take the job coaching at North Carolina.
Speaker 1: The joke is it's will help his girlfriend with admissions. She's youthful. Youthful, let us sin fifty year age gap in that relationship. He started dating cheerleader. He's in his mid seventies, she's in her mid twenties. He's a very young seventy five. Armstrong and Yetty. Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 5: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on Demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 3: Download it now Armstrong and Getty on Demand, art Strong, he YETI.
Speaker 11: My son was playing the drums at the high school basketball game the first time I've watched him do it at the basketball game, and I hadn't been in it banned situation drum line, so it's just all drums, but nice. First time I've been inside a small high school gym a game, with all that goes on with that in many, many decades.
Speaker 1: It hasn't changed a bit. Really. It was a lot more people staring at their phones than the last time I. Nobody was staring at some piece of equipment in their handback when the last time I was in a gym. But other than that, it was all the same. And I wish this weren't true. I know this makes me a crazy person, but I get just as uncomfortable. I was just as uncomfortable last night being in that gym as I was when I was in high school myself and all the dynamics of high school and everything that goes on with that and everything, and how much I hated it, and how how it just freaked me out. I feel exactly the same way now, And it's just it's it's some sort of PTSD, right. It's got to because obviously I don't need to know if the cool group thinks I'm got the right shoes on or anything.
Speaker 5: Now right, your shoes are by the way, we're all just commenting on what nice shoes you have.
Speaker 1: Whatever. The stupid moronic dynamics of high school are, you know, it's it's absolutely anthropological.
Speaker 5: It's at the point that you're really becoming in charge of keeping your DNA alive. You take in data about what's a danger, what's good, what's bad, and it burns permanent pathways in your head so you don't have to be reminded of it again.
Speaker 1: Just to survive.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, I wouldn't call being in the same room with your your first love PTSDA good, But does that bring on a flood of emotion?
Speaker 1: That's a good loan, That's that's a pretty good. That's pretty good. It's per charitable and pretty good. And it's so easy. I feel like the spot as I'm sitting there in the gym, I can say, Okay, there's the cool group they just walked in, look at the like the the water's part as they walked through, and everybody starre hated them a little, didn't you.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't think I hated them. I don't think I ever hated them. I was scared of them, but I didn't hate them. Then there's there's the group that wants to be them but not quite is. And there's the outliers. They're kind of standing alone over there, and they wish they could be part of any group.
Speaker 3: And you can.
Speaker 5: You can just see all the dynam of high school just right there. You're freaking everyone out. This is making me really uncomfortable, which proves your point.
Speaker 1: Now's your chance, Jack.
Speaker 5: You see that cool group, you can tell them off, like you listen, you think you're so cool.
Speaker 6: See, I don't.
Speaker 1: I never, I don't. I didn't have that feeling. Then I don't have that feeling. Now tell them off for what? How dare you be attractive and have good personalities and good at something? How screw you?
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't feel that way them. I don't feel that way. That's healthy, that's right. You gotta tear him down. Life is a zero some game. Their happiness is your unhappiness. Look at your DEI training. If they have something, it's because.
Speaker 1: They stole it. There's no such thing as merits. There's a certain amount of happiness to go around there. There there is a particular guy and girl that walked in high school guy and girl and he was a he looked like a like something from a TV show, and she was stunning. And it was just like the attention they got when they came over to the bleachers and kind of just sat wherever they wanted. Everybody moved out of the way. It's just something to see. What is it with human beings? I don't know. Do bears do the same thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're sitting there eating their berries or overturning trash cans or something. Then a really hot looking bear and her big bear mate come along.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, look at them. Yeah, he could be a movie star. You and they looked so comfortable and in charge of the world, like things could never be better. And then all the other people you could see the angst on their face. So not all of them, but certain groups of people. Is just like you know, looking around and trying to how should I walk, how should I sit? How should I whatever? You know that goes on when you're that age. Just oh my god. I wouldn't go through that again for any amount of money.
Speaker 5: Like observing a band of chimps in the forest lest poo chucking, Thank goodness, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't And one other thing before we got to get to Katie's headlines, I don't know. My brother was telling me about how like his daughter is a super stud of high school girls basketball player, and he said, girls basketball is so much better now than it was like when we were younger. It's a different thing, but so is the boys. I thought, this boy's high school team, I don't know if my high school team could score a basket on these guys. Has everything just gotten that much better because of youth sports or emphasis on sports or something? But yeah, more professionalized. Everything's more professional.
Speaker 5: Games are not to be played for fun, there to be excelled at to game of scholarship.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it. But it was a completely different level than the last time I was in a high school gym, which was a very very long time. It was in black and white.