Speaker 1: I've heard that there's a house that has some bodies in the basement.
Speaker 2: Somebody told you that Shakaia was a victim of human trafficking.
Speaker 1: I'm come to find out. This is like it exploded into this huge thing.
Speaker 3: I knew, I just knew something was wrong.
Speaker 4: Police say thirty three year old Jared Bride Again was shot dead.
Speaker 3: I kept calling his phone during the drive.
Speaker 4: Gunned down in front of his two year old daughter. It's a murder of the stun Jack Speach neighbors.
Speaker 2: His murder has attracted national attention, with the investigators saying he was targeted.
Speaker 3: Eventually a police officer answered and told me to come to the police station.
Speaker 5: Justice is something that takes different shapes or forms.
Speaker 2: If you know something, heard something, please it's never too late to.
Speaker 4: Do the right thing.
Speaker 1: So I'm Dana Thompson aka Body Movin, and.
Speaker 5: I'm John Green. For about a decade, Deanna and I spent a lot of time on the Internet, especially in the underbelly of the Internet, trying to identify and get animal abusers arrested.
Speaker 1: We spent countless hours scouring the dark web helping catch predators. We spent over a year and a half trying to get law enforcement to take us seriously about a man that was killing cats online and he was threatening to move on to kill humans. And that was Luca mcnatdah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might have heard about the Netflix special called Don't Fuck with Cats.
Speaker 1: That's us. Well, now we're turning our online investigator skills to some of the most unexplained, unsolved, and just ignored cases.
Speaker 5: This is true Crimes, the production of iHeartRadio and Kat's studios.
Speaker 1: You know, John I was looking at everything and there's still so little evidence made publicly available about Jared Bardigan's death, and we still have so many holes in the timeline. I feel we need to talk to Kirsten again to try and fill in some of those holes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at this point, I feel like we have a really good understanding of what happened the night Jared was murdered, and we have a bunch of questions that we've been writing down. So I think this is a good time to talk with Kirsten and ask her our questions about that night.
Speaker 1: I especially want to know more about the allegations about Shanea spying on Jared during their divorce. I also want to know where Jared ate and got ice cream with the kids, and that he was killed. We need that for our map.
Speaker 3: This is Kirsten.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kirsten, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: We just had like a couple questions and we didn't want to disturb you, like seven different times, so we just got like a bunch together and I hope it's okay. We just asked you just a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that Jared took the kids to ice cream. Yes, was that on his way back to the ex wife's house with the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they went to dinner and ice cream out at Jack's speech. They went to the place they got dinner is called the Bearded Pig, and then I think they just got ice cream at Wendy's before he drove them back to their moms.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it definitely was on the way drag. Okay, because we're just mapping everything out, We've got pretty much everything except for those couple of things. So it was in Jack speets. It wasn't down by your house.
Speaker 6: Then, correct?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, because the time is so short and the drive is so long, he would always stay out.
Speaker 1: Her direction was the Volkswagen. It was that the car that he drove mostly for date night. Yeah, did anybody like search the Volkswagen for like a tracker?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: I know they? I mean they still have the car, Okay. Yeah, so I had to claim total loss on the vehicle because oh and they had me sign a form trying to remember what it's called burla. It's called where they can just rip the entire car apart. So I signed that.
Speaker 1: So they're looking for something, okay, Because we were just thinking about you know, we found an article in the Daily Mail and we wanted to ask you about that too, Okay, that mentioned that the ex wife or that Jared had said the ex wife was spying on him at one point. Mm hmm, John, what did it say?
Speaker 2: So we were just reading all these articles and it mentioned that like right as they were still living together having separated, that she had placed surveillance cameras in the kids rooms and may have placed a surveillance device on his vehicle at that time.
Speaker 6: Do you know what it was?
Speaker 2: Was it like a dash camera just an audio recorder or was it like a full on she could travel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what he found in his vehicle, it looked like a USB like some drive but it was actually a voice recorder, so a voice activated recorder. So he found that in his car, and Jared told me if he knew that she put it there because no one else had access to his vehicle, and his attorney was like, well, she probably wanted to hear, like all the conversations because he went and talk this attorney in the house where she was, so that she placed a voice activated recorder in his vehicle.
Speaker 1: Snaky, sneaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then as far as the kids' bedrooms, so they had baby monitors in plaines, right, I'd always had those when the divorce is going on. Jared told me if he found monitors underneath their bed again, placed by Shanna, probably to listen into his conversations with the children.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Okay, So as far as that it was just.
Speaker 2: An audio recorder in his vehicle in the bedroom, but not like an actual GPS tracking device, or she could have seen where.
Speaker 3: He was driving, right, not that I'm aware of. He didn't tell me that part, right.
Speaker 1: But it's it's a very small leap to make that if somebody could do that, the GPS tracker or something on an air tag or something is close by and is it possible that whoever did this put a tracker on his car when he was up the beard a pig. That was kind of what I just one of the things that I was looking at, and then this Daily Mail article came to light and I was like, oh wow, that's kind of in line with what we were kind of thinking. Maybe, you know, possibly the other thing was would Jared had so you know, there's software that you can have on your phones that alert you when an air tag is nearby, and they do that basically to protect women who are being stalked. Okay, did Jared have an iPhone?
Speaker 3: He did, and he had an AirTag?
Speaker 1: Actually he did, Okay, and he had an air tag. Okay, she didn't have access to that, did she. No, it's I mean obviously not because they were divorced many many years ago. Yeah, no, she went and air tags weren't even around. Okay, all right, good.
Speaker 2: I don't know your relationship with the detective. I don't know how well it is or you don't have to call him up whenever you talk to him and say, hey, when do these people ask me if you guys did a Google geo fence? And what it does is it tracks all the phones in a geo geo fank you drawing of fen And the reason I'm asking that is so we've seen the three security camera videos of the truck. The two were driving by the police station and then a block away, but it appeared there's a fourth security.
Speaker 6: Camera footage video that we haven't seen.
Speaker 2: We've just seen a screenshot and it looks like it's earlier in the day. And we write an article where it says Jacksonville police believed that this vehicle was there between five thirty and eight thirty in Jacksonville. And I'm wondering, if there's a person driving around Jacksonville for three hours, they're probably gonna have their cell phone on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know they did geo fencing. I don't know if that's different than Google geo fencing.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, it's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, yeah, they have done that.
Speaker 6: If you have the tracker on the car, you would have to have a cell phone right in order to see where the vehicle's travel is.
Speaker 1: Yeah unless, yeah, no, you would for sure you would have to have a cell phone.
Speaker 2: Now, could they have the cell phone.
Speaker 6: Turned on but not the just.
Speaker 1: No, I mean they'd have to be using data, right. I wonder if this person in the truck got on to an open Wi Fi in advance of the killing, And I wonder if the cops have thought about that. And I wonder if they have queried to get the Mac addresses from the neighbors surrounding neighborhood. Wifis I don't think the police are going to do that.
Speaker 6: I don't think that at all. I mean, I think this is a low fly. Hit tire in the road, stop him, he gets out, walks up, pow pow pow close.
Speaker 1: But how luck? Okay, I think that's him. Your hypothesis here is that it's possible that the person was camped outside of Shana's house saw him drop off. The kids took off knowing that he was right behind right yep, got positioned and just waited for the car that they think is Jared's to appear. It's not a dumb theory.
Speaker 4: I'm just that's as low fly as you get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, you're right, No cell phones, no trackers, no nothing, just there he is right, Let's go down there. He'll be down here in a few minutes.
Speaker 1: That's entirely possible. Entirely possible. They didn't release like the exact location of those security cameras, so we had to find it, and we found it pretty easily. But I mean when when it popped up that it was pretty much the way to get back to her house pretty much, and it's two blocks maybe that police station. My mouth like hit the floor. My job was just like what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm getting at, Dana.
Speaker 2: They're so calculated, they know to turn off their phones, and why would they do such a stupid mistake of acting the committee to crime and then drive that vehicle right back towards the house.
Speaker 1: That's just the this is targeted. Okay, Well that was all the questions we had. I just we really wanted to know where they went and ate and stuff. Do you know what time it was?
Speaker 3: I wrote this down and talk of it once so I wouldn't preget because I went through like our doorball camera, like when he left the house, and then the text that he sent me. Okay, so Jared actually left our house at five three pm and then at six forty seven pm I texted Jared asking how date night was going, and he said he just got off a work call that he had to join, and then said that Abby, my stepdaughter, wanted to text me, so she and I were texting back and forth, and she told me that they were eating at the Bearded Pigs. At six forty seven, they were already at the Bearded Pig eating, and then I'm not sure what the timeline was of how long I stayed there before going to Wendy's. But then at seven forty seven pm, I briefly talked to him on the phone and he had just dropped them off their mom's house.
Speaker 1: That's good to know, all right, we got the timeline, So five point fifty three he left, yep, six forty seven they were definitely eating at the Bearded Pig. Yeah, And seven forty seven is the phone call that he made to you while you were on the phone with the brother. Okay, correct, Because I'm just kind of wondering, like when somebody would have been able to place a trucker on the car if that's what happened, and the perfect opportunity would have been, well, they were eating, yeah, but that person would have to know they were eating at the beer to a pig, And I'm like, well, you know, it's it's entirely possible that the kids were texting mom, Hey, we're getting dinner at the beer to pig and.
Speaker 3: Then so they didn't have phones. My stepdaughter was texting me from her dad's from Jared's song.
Speaker 6: Okay, So something just came to mind.
Speaker 2: When Jared would have dropped the kids off after Wendy's. It doesn't seem like it was one of those things where he'd get out of the car and walk them to the door. No, no, drove up to the driveway, they would have gone out. He would have waited till they went inside the door, and he would have drove away. Correct.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, burla, she mentioned Burla. What is that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: So the burla is you know how your car.
Speaker 6: Has a little computer boxing if the cracks everything when you're pressing the pedals, how fast you're going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it is. Oh, it's like a black box.
Speaker 2: Yes, discover vehicle a vehicle to hold a vast amount of data that can be used to uncover critical information during the investigation and help determine what happened, where it occurred, and mark. So that usually is hidden under the carpet, under the driver or passenger seat. That every time we get a new piece of information, like the USB thumb driving the car record.
Speaker 6: I'm like, that's from a TV show.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, there's that's in a lot of TV shows. So let's go look at the bearded pig. Where's the bearded pig at?
Speaker 2: So there's one in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: When we find it, she said Jack's Beach.
Speaker 2: I think she means Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's Third Street South the bearded pig. This one is on Third Street South, and in relation to the route, it's.
Speaker 6: Pretty Yeah, that's the one he would have gone to, right.
Speaker 1: I believe that's possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Jesus is also on Third Street like two blocks up, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, so that's got to be it. So I mean that could mean a couple things. That could be a signal to them, or is it to set her up the ex wife?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I was getting at. Because once you get you're on Shutter. Once you get to that fifteenth Street, you either go left of the house or you go right, and you're going back to Ocean Boulevard. Game.
Speaker 6: We don't know when it comes to the t on fifteenth whether it goes left or right. But it just kind of struck me on that, like, whoever did this was very, very calculated. Yeah, I just committed a murder. I'm gonna drive right back to if it is the ex wife or somebody related to that, you're gonna drive right back to the house.
Speaker 1: I don't think so it's just weird or is it narcissism? Like I got away with the perfect crime, right, and you catch me, right, and we've dealt with that before, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean I shot caps with the BB gun and nothing never happened to me, right, and I have the perfect alibi my wife, who's gonna say I was in the house the whole time?
Speaker 1: Right? Or was it a like a hired person? And the ex wife can't leave the house because she's got the kids, now, okay, so all she does is go outside her house if you look at the map and stand on the corner there, because it's culed a sack and her house is at the end of that cul de sack and then it's like a street. All she has to do is stand there and oh, there's the truck. Okay, everything's good.
Speaker 2: Truck comes to the stop that the te flashes, the light, turns off, and drives away.
Speaker 1: Right, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Well, I think you and I both agree. She didn't commit the aptual app she.
Speaker 4: Made me be aware of it.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it herself. Somebody else did it.
Speaker 1: Either she or if somebody adjacent is the mastermind, like hired somebody like this is a hired What did.
Speaker 6: She tell the guy at the tattoo parlor to PIERCERR, I wish he'd just shut up. Somebody would just make them shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get somebody to shut him up.
Speaker 4: Let's stop here for a break. We'll be back in a moment.
Speaker 1: So I got a text message from Christian Brdigan yesterday and she asked me if you and I had the ability to run DMV records and I said no, we don't. And she said, do you have a PI that can run records? And I said, well, we do have a PI, but he's he's it's for a different case. But let me find out if we can use him. You know, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to. She said, okay, great, it's for the state of Washington. And I said, okay, let me find out and I'll get back to you.
Speaker 5: Right Wait, wait, wait, Jared, Jared's incident happened in Florida.
Speaker 4: She wants us to look up DMB in the state of Washington, on the other side of the United States. Right, is it related to I.
Speaker 1: Would imagine I can't imagine that she would reach out to me for something unrelated to Jared Wow. So I am going to ask Mike Toth if he can run DMB records in Washington. I have the feeling that he's going to tell me if we have like a plate he could he might be able to run it. I don't think he's going to be able to query like straight from D and B, but I don't I didn't ask her for specifics because I didn't want her to feel like she had to tip her hand with me. But I just felt like, I'm gonna let her give me the information if she wants, and if she doesn't want to, I'm not going to push the issue. But now that I know we can use Mike Toth, who I think is great. And then we also have Chris Salgado in Tampa and we have a great relationship with him, and he's in Florida. Now I haven't reached out to him, Okay, but this is right up Chris's ali. You know what I mean. This this case is right up Chris's alley.
Speaker 4: And since he's in Florida, he probably knows about it absolutely.
Speaker 1: What I'm going to do is I'm going to email Chris and ask if he's interested, and then if he's interested, we can talk about the case.
Speaker 2: Chris, you're on the line, right, Hi, John, Hi Deanna.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we reached out to you and we wanted to see what you've been up to since we saw you what was it six seven months ago in May and crime Con.
Speaker 7: Since then that crime Con, a lot of stuff has picked up for me at the PI business here and it's been great. So I'm the CEO of All Points Investigations, as you folks said, based out of Tampa, Florida. Here we do both cyber and physical investigations across the globe for a variety of issues for corporations, individuals, law firms, and this kind of scope that we have for types of investigations really runs the gamut. We do counterfeit investigations, threat management, cults, cult investigations obviously a criminal investigations, but from the civil side, right because I'm a private best guer, I'm not a law enforcement member, lots of different stuff.
Speaker 2: So, Chris, does your company have the ability to search a license.
Speaker 6: Plate like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, definitely. We search plates all over the states. We again, folks, I seated in Florida, but as you know, but we uprate globally. Yeah, we can definitely run different plates. We can run bin numbers, we can even run partial plates.
Speaker 2: So, Chris, were you to do your work on your end, what would you need Deanna and I to give you, like a name and a date of birth or what kind of information do you need.
Speaker 4: To do you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever information that you have uncovered so far, and we're talking mostly about like names, addresses, dates of birth, stuff like that, that could be very helpful with trying to lift as much information as possible on these movements, specifically with the wife and any other person.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll send you some stuff, Chris, and then once you do you report, you can email it to us and then we can have a phone call and go over everything.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 7: Thank you both for letting me help out on this as much as I can.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of press on Jared. There's a lot of internet activity surrounding Jared, but not with from Jared.
Speaker 4: Himself discussing the incident.
Speaker 1: Right, discussing the incident, But there's nothing that Jared has for us to look at, right.
Speaker 4: So I haven't dug into him me.
Speaker 1: Either, And so I was thinking when I was at work today that maybe, you know, we should maybe start doing that.
Speaker 5: What do we want to look for? Do we want to look at a social media like? What is it we're trying to do? See if he had a social media presence.
Speaker 4: What it was like. I have a feeling it's going to be all about his family.
Speaker 1: I do too, I.
Speaker 4: Do, and see what goes on from there.
Speaker 1: Well, wouldn't it make sense that if somebody's murdered that you look at who they were interacting with on social media? Because if let's say, let's just say it was an angry coworker, I don't know, maybe they had some sort of altercation online that was recorded somewhere. I doubt it. Jared doesn't seem like he was the kind of person that was like chronically online, but you know, I didn't know the man. But I mean, I think it's worth at least looking correct. You know, we don't have a lot to look at other than people making you know, allegations and conjecture and like, you know, coming up with like ideas, which is great. I mean, I understand it, I do it. But we can do that just you and I. I think I did look at his faith to see if he had a Facebook page, But I think what happened was I found That's how I found the Facebook group that his wife create or if somebody created that his wife is in Justice for Jared or something like that. Let mean, let's let's uh, let's do a look here, dude.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about the differences in Facebook from when we started looking at people like ten years ago as to how it is.
Speaker 4: I hate Facebook. Now it's so different, right, yeah, it is so different.
Speaker 1: There used to be like a timeline kind of thing on like the right side of the screen that showed you everything that account had done. They like this, they were a member of this group, they joined you know this, they started liking this page, they liked this photo. It was like an activity log for that account.
Speaker 5: The good old days, the good old days, simple and straightforward, and you could find it all in one place. Oh yeah, and now things have changed on Facebook.
Speaker 4: A lot.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh yeah, so Jared does have a Facebook page and.
Speaker 4: It looks like they turned it into a memorial.
Speaker 1: Like the memorial page it says it says remembering Jared, right.
Speaker 5: I just see pictures of him kids, yep, wedding photos, him and Kirsten kissing a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it looks like a very loving, caring family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you wouldn't imagine that the person, the husband in this picture would one day have his life taken in such a scenario where it looks like somebody set them up.
Speaker 4: And it's very hard to imagine that looking at these pictures.
Speaker 1: Very so go to photos, right yep, then and then go to albums.
Speaker 4: So this is so we're giving away to our trade secrets here.
Speaker 5: So when Dana and I work on cases, especially on Facebook or social media, it's not just the person's profile. We look at people who liked it. For instance, there were seven people who liked this.
Speaker 1: Image, but only five appeer so.
Speaker 4: The other two you don't know.
Speaker 1: So the other two either removed their social media profile blocked us, which is unlikely. Yeah, and I mean those are the two options, right, they don't exist anymore.
Speaker 5: Those likes, those are the rabbit holes Diana and I would go down, our group would go down and trying to find people. If you're looking for a person, you also want to look for the people around them who they associate with.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to keep close to the chest. It's not secret evidence that nobody knew about the Preston, know about the press, know about this truck. It's already out and they release the information. It wasn't like from some secret source. Correct, So there's no reason for the cops to say, we're not going to tell you.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're going to publicly say, oh, we found the truck and we have it in evidence.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I disagree. I think they would. I would say that they would say the truck has been cleared or no, it hasn't.
Speaker 4: Well, let's ask yeah.
Speaker 1: First, let's ask Christian.
Speaker 5: And see if she knows, because I think that's I mean, that's the one piece of evidence that you know once you find that.
Speaker 1: I would like to know. And they're not going to tell us this, but I would like to know why they're looking for that is it? Is it only because it's it's a four f one fifty which matches the tire right, and it's got a spare on it? Is that the end? It's kind of in that area. Is that the reason.
Speaker 4: That's enough reason for me to want to find it?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I mean, if listen, if I'm going to commit a murder and I'm like advanced in whatever in killing people, which seems to be the going theory with some sort of hit, right, Yeah, I Am not going to use a tire from the car I'm driving.
Speaker 4: That's the mistake, right, That's a huge mistake. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But at the time, they don't know that they're going to be caught on surveillance camera driving by with the spare tire on the front, right, going by a police station. They don't think they're going to be caught. They think they've gotten away with the crime at this point, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's only been less than an hour than the crime. How would they know they got away with it? I don't know. I mean, I'm just trying to get some sort of quote unquote profile on this person, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The other issue is is it could have been a car jacking. Right.
Speaker 5: They put the tire out there with the idea that they're not going to leave the tire, right, So they put the tire out there. They're not looking for Jared. Let's just say they're just looking for.
Speaker 1: A nice car, right absolutely, And then they see a kid and they're like shit, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, So here comes Jared.
Speaker 5: He stops, he gets out, they go out, boom boom boom. The guy goes to get in the car to drive away, looks in the back seats he's a kid. Goes, oh shit, I can't take this car. It's got a kid in the back. Now I'm kidnapping. That's not you know, stealing a car is one thing, but you know they've shot the guy murdered. Now I'm in a kidnap And so maybe they go oh shit and they flee and leave the tire there.
Speaker 1: They've already murdered somebody. What what's the I mean, that's like the worst thing you can do, right yeah, what is going to stop that person from just going kidnapping? Whatever?
Speaker 4: You know, do you want to have to take care of a two year old kid?
Speaker 1: That's a hard point.
Speaker 8: Now you got a two year old kid, you gotta feed and bathe and change.
Speaker 5: And if you're willing to kill an adult male, are you willing to kill a child? That's a huge that's a huge difference, that is right, right, yeah, And so I don't know, it's still I mean baffles me how nine months and no or rest.
Speaker 1: So let's say it is a car jacking. Let's just go with that for a minute.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it make more sense to do a car jacking with somebody at like a stop sign than a tire in the road.
Speaker 5: No, because they have a way to escape, Like if you're sitting in your car, Like do you lock your car doors.
Speaker 4: When you get in your car?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're sitting, you're coming up, you're on your way to work in the morning. You come up to the stop sign right outside your neighborhood. You see a guy walking up to your car. Are you gonna stay there? You're gonna drive away? Okay, probably gonna You're probably gonna drive away, right, Yeah, I locked my car doors. I'm constantly keeping an eye around me nowadays in the world we live in. And so putting a tire there on a one way road where you can't get around because there's a sign post on one side and palm trees on the other, you know, maybe it fits.
Speaker 1: The m all of the forces him it forces the victim of the carjacking to get out of the car, correct, right, yep? Now, I mean I think that's an interesting You're.
Speaker 8: Not going up to him capping on the window saying get out where they can drive away. They put the car in part, they're stepping out, car doors, open keys in the ignition, how is he does it.
Speaker 5: Get That's where, like, initially, that's where we're when I read about it, That's where my mind went on, like this carjacking. Then you read all the other stuff around it, regarding his previous marriage, and then you start to question things, well.
Speaker 1: And I wonder, you know, the cops initially, I mean very quickly said this was he was a target.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's a puma in this case that they haven't told us that we don't know, that makes it where they believe that he's targeted. Because that was my first thing too. We both talked about this when we first started digging into this, was it was this maybe you know, like road rage, slash carjacking, you know, is it something other than a hit. But every article we read from you know, with the police quotes it's target and what makes them think that it's kind of like that. What's going on with the Moscow murders? They have said they were targeted. Why do you think that? Why do you think that? And they're not going to tell They're not going to give that piece of evidence away because whoever is the the suspect or the person who did it, I should say, is going to come up with some sort of story to make up for that, you know what I mean, or change the puma right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm just wondering there has to be something that we don't know that they haven't released to anybody, even Kirsten.
Speaker 5: So when we were talking to Chris Pisay, yeah, said, did they check that tire for fingerprints?
Speaker 1: I'm sure they have a right sure, so I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Have you ever changed a tire on your car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a dirty thing.
Speaker 4: It's not easy.
Speaker 5: You're putting your hands all over that tired but getting the lug nuts off, you're putting your hands on the wrins too. Me because I know how dirty it is. I would wear gloves just if I was changing the tire.
Speaker 4: But if my tire went flat while I was.
Speaker 5: Driving on the road, I have, you know, some gloves in my car just because of COVID. Now I would have put those on to do it, but I don't think the normal person would carry gloves in their car, so they would have been touching that tire a lot. Now, the question is, is your fingerprints show up on rubber tires? They would obviously show up on the metal rim, but what about the tire?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe let's I'm gonna make a list of these kinds of questions, and these are things that we can research. We might not be able to look at, you know, Jared himself right now, but maybe we can look at like that. Like, for instance, maybe we can look at how many cases of carjacking have occurred where the person is not at a stoplight or a stop sign, yeah, or maybe they've used an obstruction Because here's my fear. Everybody is so focused on the ex wife and the husband, the X wife and her current husband that And I'm not saying that they're innocent. I have no idea, but you wonder if they're only looking in that direction. And I have a really hard time believing that professional law enforcement would have like a one track mind like that. And I'm not saying that these cops are doing that, but it can happen. It's human nature, it's a human flaw. And so maybe we can look at statistics that are out there on carjackings and is it possible that in all the reported cases it happened that way. Yeah, I just want to have some answers for the family to say, listen, this has happened in you know, x percent of carjacking cases where there's been some sort of reason for the person to get out of the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Well, think about this. So the police have said that the shooter was close enough to leave stippling from.
Speaker 1: The gun shot, walked right up to him, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Within three to four feet, they say, right right?
Speaker 5: Do you think Jared if he saw this person coming up to him, would put up a fight? Like, we don't know where the gunshots were, like where they're defensive shots, Like did you go through his arms or anything? Like was he putting up a struggle or did they go through his back? Did the person come from the back of the car. So I don't know how we address that questions to her if she knows where the.
Speaker 1: Bullet I'm not comfortable asking that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to do it either.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can find that, maybe we can find that information. It might be it might be somewhere out there.
Speaker 4: There would have to be an autopsy report.
Speaker 1: It would have to be maybe a news article about the autopsy report, not necessarily the autopsic report itself.
Speaker 5: Well, what I'm getting at is if Jared saw the person coming up to him and his kids in the car, he seems like the type of persons going to put fight.
Speaker 1: Or he's going to be like, take whatever you need. My daughter's in the backseat, you can have everything you want. Let me get her, you know, maybe something like that. I don't know that he would necessarily put up a fight. He's protective, clearly. I mean he's he's a dad, and he's a young dad. He might have been like, you can do you can you can have anything. Just let me get my daughter, take the car to take the car, wallets in the my wallets in the globe compartment, you know, or whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, it seems like things happened so rapidly that I don't think there was much discussion.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean from the time he left her house, from the time or the video where you hear the gunshots.
Speaker 4: That was like fifteen minutes. Yeah, so I don't know. So there's two you know theories, right, carjacking, possible carjacking too. He was targeted, meaning that somebody wanted him dead.
Speaker 5: Now we both obviously we don't think the ex wife did it herself.
Speaker 4: Did she hire somebody? That's the one thing we're thinking of.
Speaker 5: You know, they hired somebody to take care to silence Jared.
Speaker 1: Right, But there would be some sort of financial trail, right, so let's talk about that. Wouldn't there be some sort of financial trail of let's just say the ex wife or the husband paying somebody X number of dollars. Okay, how would they hide that?
Speaker 5: There are a bank secrecy app that requires bank to report large transactions. Right, So if I go to my bank and I deposit a large sum of money over ten.
Speaker 4: Thousand dollars, right, same as a casino.
Speaker 5: If I go down to a black chat table and I PLoP down twenty thousand dollars and one hundred dollar bills, they're going to want me to fill out a form.
Speaker 1: Right, we have to log everything over three thousand.
Speaker 5: Right, So if I go to my bank and I want to do a deposit of ten thousand dollars more. They're going to fill out a form and submit it to somebody saying like, oh, this, the person's made a large cash deposit. So I'm assuming the X in this scenario is a person of wealth, right and has money available. Yeah, depending on however much they agreed to pay for it, I would assume they could come up with that money.
Speaker 4: So if you think it was the X, I think they would have funds.
Speaker 5: The resource is available to pay somebody, right.
Speaker 1: But there's got to be a pay patrol of that money.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I'm sure depending on the amount that do.
Speaker 1: You think it was under three thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to say something without saying how I would we do it. I wouldn't do it in one transaction. You would structure it, right, you'd make pay structure. You would structure with your withdrawals, right, m hm, until you had the month, right, right.
Speaker 1: But if you're making steady withdrawals in the same amount, no, No, you would do different amounts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you know you're gonna do different amounts. You're not gonna make it so structured that way, right.
Speaker 5: That that's how most people get caught laundering money, as they put nine thousand dollars in every month the first of every month, and then you know they see that pattern, they go, something's on here, start asking questions.
Speaker 4: So I know I'd be like, Oh, we're buying a new car.
Speaker 5: We need this money, we need cash, and so I don't see that being an obstacle.
Speaker 1: So you think that this was definitely a cash transaction, I would I would agree, because you know, cash is untraceable, right, but there has to be some sort of source for that cash. Let's stop here for another quick break. I'm gonna look into carjacking statistics, but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to find like how it happened, you know what I mean, Like I might I might find like in the city in Detroit, you know this carjacking happens X number of times. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It seems like there's a lot of car jackings in Jacksonville, Florida.
Speaker 4: That's different than Jacksonville Beach.
Speaker 1: Right it is. But I would necessarily concentrate on Jacksonville or Florida for that matter. I would just look at like nationwide, because if it's something that happens all over the country, like where there's some sort of obstruction to get somebody out of their car in order to carjack them, then that's enough evidence alone to go well maybe it was this. It doesn't necessarily need to be in Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: I just looked up carjacking statistics.
Speaker 5: It's from the Bureau of Justice Statistics October twenty twenty two, finding based on three year moving average, the rate of non fatal carjacking victimization declined seventy eight percent.
Speaker 4: Wow, from point zero point five three per one thousand residents age of sixteen in nineteen ninety five to point zero one two per one thousand and twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: So carjacking has gone down for one thousand dramatically since the ninety Holy shit, I think so. Yeah, you wouldn't guess that based on media. So what's interesting to this on this data is whether they resist, they or not. It's basically a corn coin. Fifty three resisted, forty seven didn't. Victim injured, seventy four percent weren't injured. So three out of four carjackings the person's not injured, but one and wore they are. So people getting injured isn't a big part of a car jacking normal, Right, So the vast majority of carjackings, the victim isn't injured at all all. They probably put their hands up and then looking at the you know, fifty three percent victim resisted the offender, forty seven percent didn't.
Speaker 4: So it's basically a coin flip.
Speaker 5: So if half of them resisted the offender, but the majority of them nobody gets injured.
Speaker 4: So it makes me tend to think that this.
Speaker 5: Wasn't a carjacking based on this statistic, right, Yeah, the majority of carjackings, the person, whether they resisted or not, they go uninjured, seventy four percent of them.
Speaker 1: I just don't have a good feeling about the ex wife, and I have no evidence. I have nothing to base that on. It's just a gut thing. And in order for me to like really bite into that scenario, I have to eliminate the other possibilities, right, And how you do that is what I'm doing right now. I'm eliminating this possibility that it's a car jacking. If there are no carjackings with you know, an obstruction used to get somebody to get out of their car and move it, then it's probably not a car jacking. And I can move on, you know what I mean? So I have recently, very recently, I was diagnosed with autism, and part of my issue, one of my issues, is that I just can't let things go. I mean, and clearly people who know me understand that to be true of me, and I just can't seem to let go of the idea that this was not targeted and that it was just wrong place and wrong time and he was just the guy that pulled up and I need to let it go. Well, I don't know if that's right. I don't know if I need to let it go. I need to be able to accept other possibilities, and the way that I'm going to do that is to eliminate those possibilities. And that's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 4: That's what I want to ask Kirsten. Did they say have they ruled out carjacking?
Speaker 5: I think in this scenario, I think it sounds like the police have been very worthcoming.
Speaker 4: With her and telling her information as they know it. So that's what I want to know. Have the police completely ruled out carjacking? Two? Are they still looking for the Ford.
Speaker 5: F one fifty And is there anything new that she could share with us.
Speaker 4: Have they pulled her anything new? So let's say, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Chris runs a report, gives us information, and it shows.
Speaker 4: They've moved out of state.
Speaker 5: That there goes with our whole idea that she wanted to move out of state prior.
Speaker 4: To the incident.
Speaker 1: Well, I found something on Reddit in one of my solo sessions, Yeah, that the brother of the husband listened to Coma and Mario. Mario's brother oh Or lived there at one point. So they do have a connection, albeit a thin connection to Washington. More on that next time.
Speaker 5: True Crimes is executive produced by Stephanie Leidecker, Deanna Thompson, Courtney Armstrong, Jeff Shane, Andrew Arnault, and me John Green. Additional producing by Connor Powell and Gabe Castile, Editing by Jeff Twi, Music by Vanikor Music.
Speaker 1: True Crimes is a production of iHeart Radio and Katie Studios. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, please visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.