Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The NBA season is in full swing, coming down the stretch. Then we move right into the playoffs in April, May and June. I can't wait. Spice things up with Draftking sports Book and official sports betting partner the NBA. Right now, all you have to do is put down five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets. Pretty good trade off. I pay five, I get one hundred and fifty dollars. North Carolina listeners, do not forget. Welcome to the party. Draft King Sportsbook now live in your state, North Carolina. Download the Draftking sports Book app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin col N Again ninety seconds. Download Draft King sports Book app.
Speaker 2: Put in Colin.
Speaker 3: New customers bet five, get one hundred and fifty back in bonus bets instantly. That is the trade all right. The code is always Colin.
Speaker 2: The crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Voyd and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKNNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. The postseason is here, playing is here, and obviously the Dubs are in the play in which I hate. We will talk about that we got the Kings tomorrow. I am here in beautiful Sacramento in my hotel room as I prepare, as we prepare to take on the Kings. Before we get into the playing games and also the playoffs, I just need to discuss.
Speaker 2: Something that happened in basketball.
Speaker 1: It's let's see, it's Monday, so it's last week, the end of last week, which I haven't talked to you all since. But Ai the answer Alan Iverson, who I'm a big fan of. I first got to meet Ai at Coacho's Hall of Fame induction, and.
Speaker 2: That for me was like crazy.
Speaker 1: I got a picture of Ai in his orange jacket, absolutely insane, huge AI fan growing up.
Speaker 2: I remember when the answers came.
Speaker 1: Out, I wanted a pair and I got in trouble school and I didn't get any. Those also happened with the Gary Payton and gloves too, by the way, But now that I look back on it, I don't really think I got him much trouble. I think my mom just didn't have the money and she told me I got in trouble in school so I couldn't get to shoes.
Speaker 2: But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: I'm a big Alan iris A fan, and I must say I was a little dis I was very disappointed when I saw the size of the statue because that's Ai, Like, it's Ai, Like, what are we talking about? However, and most people who watch sports should take a page out of my book here.
Speaker 2: I continue to do further research.
Speaker 1: Because I wanted to be knowledgeable on the subject, and a lot of times people talk in this industry and they're not very knowledgeable on the subject. I've even seen some of these things where like some of these so called experts are talking. And when I say some of these so called experts, like some of them are my colleagues, and some of the things that's been said on TV this year, it just be so wrong, like not factual at all. That's a common thing in sports talk.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: As I saw the statue, I was a little very disappointed, like come.
Speaker 2: On, man, like this is Ai.
Speaker 1: And after the Kobe statue was just revealed, and the many statues that's been revealed, like how are we doing this to Ai? Like this is crazy? And like I said, I did more research. And if you look at if you do your research, you what you will find is a that statue is going outside the practice facility, the Philadelphia seventy six practice facility. B. There's a row of them same size as Ais. There's a row of statues, so AIS will go in that row of statues that are all of similar size. So AI was not slighted. He was not slighted at all. That is the size of the statues. What I will say is Alan Iris in need life size statue, larger than life size statue outside of Wells Fargo Arena.
Speaker 2: If that's still the name of the arena.
Speaker 1: I think that's still the name of the arena, however, the basketball arena, because all of these names rites change every day because there's worth so much money these days. The basketball arena where the Philadelphia seventy six ers play in Philly. If there isn't already an Allen Iverson lifestyle statue, which I haven't seen, there should be one outside the basketball arena. I do understand that he went up in a row with the star, you know, with all the legends that are already out there. That's great and no disrespect to those legends, but Alan Irison should have a statue outside of the arena, and it should be life size like the ones, because the reality is, like how many people are going to see the practice facility. Not many people are going to see the Philadelphia seventy sixth practice facility, just not doing it.
Speaker 2: Where you are.
Speaker 1: Going is you're going to go to the game, and Alan Iverson statue should be in front of that arena. So to everybody that was upset about the statue, don't be so upset about the size of the statue because it is standard practice outside their practice facility when you go to that arena.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody should be upset about.
Speaker 1: There is no Alan Irison statue there, and if there is, then I am just I am just like the rest of you that don't make themselves knowledgeable in certain topics. However, I don't think so and so no Alan Iverson statue outside the arena. Let's get that done. That's what the uproar should be. I'm a little more knowledgeable on the small statues. Now back to your regular schedule programming. Let's talk to these playing games. Number one, the Doves finished forty six and thirty six and finished a ten seed.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: My first year when we made the playoffs, we finished a sixth seed at forty four and thirty eight. I'll never forget that we had a water champagne shower in the locker room at the end of the regular season.
Speaker 2: Last game of the regular.
Speaker 1: Season, Coach Jackson was coaching us, and we had a water shower because coach Jackson don't do alcohol, not his thing, ain't doing it, ain't coming around, keep it over there, and so there was no champagne shower. There was a water shower and splash water everywhere. You know, the first time Doves have made the playoffs, since we believe season and second time in twenty three years the Doves have made we was everybody was happy, and that was forty four and thirty eight. We're forty six and thirty six. Sure what most was saying was an awful year for the Doves, and I agree it was a bad year for US forty six and thirty six. Ten games above five hundred, which last year would have been good for fourth in the West. However, it's good for tenth in the West these days. And it's also the first time ever that ten teams has finished above ten games above five hundred in one conference.
Speaker 2: Absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: Needless to say, we are in ten spot in the playing game, which means for those of you out there that are still confused with the play in situation. And I know there's a lot of people out there confused with the play in situation. I'll tell you why because my mother in law. I had a conversation with her that almost made me lay for practice today for about ten seven to ten minutes explaining the play in her and my mother in law loves sports. She loves basketball, loves football. She watches every game. If she ain't at the game, she's into it, and she was so confused by the play in situation. So I explained it to her forwards and she didn't really get it. So then I explained it backwards and she really didn't get it then, and I explained it forward again and backwards again, and then finally like the fifth time, like yeah, nanha, So you know we're ten, they're nine, Sack is nine. We gotta go to Sack. She's like, well, what happens if you win? If you lose, you're done. And I'm like, yeah, you know, the re Pelicans and the Lakers are in seven and eight, and she's like, if they lose, they're done to them. I'm like, no, no, no, Actually, if they lose, whoever lose that game, they're going to play against the winner of our game, and then whoever lose that game is gone, but the loser of our game and nine and ten.
Speaker 2: They're out of here if they lose.
Speaker 1: So like, I could be seeing you tomorrow night now and our season is over, or I could be seeing you and we're not done, but we're not.
Speaker 2: Still going.
Speaker 1: We still gotta win one more, like we gotta So for those of you who don't understand seven to eight plays. That is the New Orleans Pelicans at the seventh seed. That is the Los Angeles Lakers at the eight seed, nine ten plays, that is the Sacramento Kings at the nine seed. That is the Golden State Warriors as the Tennessee. We are here in Sacramento. If I open my window up of the sun will blind you butt the arenas right here. We play tomorrow and the Lakers and Pelicans play tomorrow before us. Winner of that game becomes the seventh seed. That winner takes on Denver. So there's a lot of talk around do you bomb that game and try to stay away from Denver.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, you don't.
Speaker 1: Bomb a game to get in the playoffs and leave yourself for one game to get in. So any loser who came up with the idea, you're crazy. That makes no sense. You don't leave yourself in a game where the Pelicans can.
Speaker 2: Shoot the lights out and send you home.
Speaker 1: Although you can do a lot to win that game, but they can shoot the lights out, like we've seen it happen far too recent We've seen I mean way too recent. We've seen that happen. So we know that can't happen. So you just don't blow a game to blow a game. So winner of that game takes on the Denver Nuggets as a seventh seed. The loser of that game plays against the winner of the Kings versus Warriors. The loser of the Kings versus Warriors tomorrow night goes home. Winner faces either the Lakers in LA or the Pelicans in New Orleans. Winner of that game on Friday will then move on to face ok Se in OKAC on Sunday as the AC.
Speaker 2: Play in. That's where we're at. Let's get to the game, same.
Speaker 1: Sacramento Kings team that we played last year and sent them home in the first round of the playoffs. I was telling the guys earlier today, if I knew we'd spent so much time in Sacramento since last year, I probably would have bought a home here.
Speaker 2: That's how much we've been here.
Speaker 1: That's how familiar I am with the area, which means that's how familiar they are with us and we are with them. This is very much soa a game that I know you, you know me. Game seven. You know everything I do. I know everything you do. Who's going to make the necessary plays that it takes to win the game. That's what it's gonna come down to. They're not going to run any sets. I mean, yeah, Mike Brown may drop one two, but they're not going to run any sets that we don't know they're gonna run. Are you going to follow your game plan, give up what you're willing to give up, take away what you want to take away to win the game. Are you gonna do that over and over and over again. Offensively? Are you going to execute your offense and you're gonna do that over and over again to win the game. Because there ain't one downscreen, one pin in we're gonna run for clay, one downscreen or ball screen. We're gonna set for stuff that they're not expecting. They're expecting everything we do. We're gonna be expecting everything they do. Now, a little different of a team. We're facing. No Malik Monk, no Kevin Herder. So it's a different team. You got different guys. Number one, different personalities they're playing. Kean ellis a lot. He's starting two way, winging, shooting the ball pretty well forty forty from three, and he picking up full He's bringing that energy to the defensive end. So that's a different look than what Kevin Herder gives you. Kevin Herder is shooting. Kean Ellis will slash a little bit, but you're not quite overreacting to him as much defensively as you would to Kevin Herder. Be that how they use Kevin Herder. But Kean Ellis brings a totally different thing, averaging like ten points, and he's been really good for them, so we gotta be aware of him. He's bringing a different flair to the game. And then obviously not having Elik Monk off the bench changes thing. That changes things a lot because Malik Monk plays with a lot of force. Malik Monk is a primary ball handler when Fox isn't in the game, and even when Fox is in the game, Malik Monk is one of their primary ball handlers, so puts a lot of pressure on your defense, so that that changes things a bit. However, I think how they've supplemented that is you're just getting a much heavier dose of Darren Fox. Daron Fox has the ball in his hands a lot more with Monk being out, and then obviously they're running their offense through subonents. You know, when you look at the game, you kind of go into the games with like, oh man, who do you take away? Do you take suponents away? Do you try to take Fox away? And the reality is, I don't think the mindset will be to take either one of them away, because they're great players, they're All star players. You're never going to take an all star player away. What you're trying to do is you're trying to limit in these situations what a player loves to do. You know, so if you know Fox loves to do this, if you know Sabonus loves to do that, you're trying to limit those things. You're trying to make them play left handed. Bad term because both of those guys are left handed. But in theory, if you think about it more, most people aren't left handed. Most people are right handed. And so there's this term in basketball that you want to that text Winner used to say text winner because Steve curR always shares this with us. It's like, you want to make them play left handed, meaning you want to make them uncomfortable. You want to make them do what they don't want to do, and that's kind of the goal when you're going into these situations. We had great film sessions today on them. It's a game I'm extremely excited about and a game that you know, I think we're more than capable of winning. You know, every time we play these guys, it goes down to the wire. So we're expecting a very physical game, intense game, and we just got to come out and get it done. I think for us to win very young, fast team, one of the most important things for us to win this game would be we really need to take care of the ball. We take care of the ball, we get good shots up, We're then able to play great defense, not being transition all game. You play you know, he played great, you know, get get your defense set. So it'll be really important for us to take care of the basketball. That will be the number one key in the game for us. Take care of the ball, get looks at the rim. Think if we're getting looks at the rim, I like the odds that will make. Then we have great shooters, we have great scores. I think that'll be big for us. And if there's one player that I would say is very important for us to win this game, Obviously Andrew Wiggins is important on both sides of the ball, but I think our X factor is extremely important in this game and Jonathan Minga, Jonathan Kaminga brings a different flare to our team. He brings something that not many people in the NBA bring to a team.
Speaker 2: Great getting downhill, great finisher at the rim.
Speaker 1: So I think Kaminga is going to be very important to our success tomorrow with his athleticism. This being a young athletic group, you know, he makes us more athletic. So I think Kaminga cominga plays well, we win, and I have no doubt in my mind that Kaminga's gonna be ready for the moment and play well.
Speaker 2: He's taking that next step.
Speaker 1: And this is the moments where when you're taking those next steps, you gotta go. And I expect nothing less from the young fella Kaminga. In other news, you got the Dubs, you got the Pelicans, I mean, excuse me, Lakers, Pelicans and the winner of that team that game. As I said, take on Denver I that game number one. Don't look at the last game and be like, that's what's going to happen. Like the New Orleans Pelicans came off of two very emotional back to back wins VERSUS SAT on Thursday at US on Friday, and then fly home on Saturday for an early game on Sunday. Lakers are coming from Memphis, and actually, you know they get to New Orleans, their travel is a lot easier than the Pelicans, ironically, and so I definitely think that plays into account. Repelicans now being at home a few days, they'll be backsettled in going back home for a game. It's always tough when you return home for one game or the first game returning home on from a trip, and that's what the Pelicans are going through. So I don't think the Pelicans that you saw in Sunday's game is the Pelicans that you're going to see in tomorrow's game. I think that'll be a totally different matchup. You know that that's two teams that's playing extremely well. Now what does it come down to? What does it come down to? I think I think I got the Lakers winning that game within healthy Ad. Obviously Ad needs to play, hurt, he's questionable. I expect Ad to play, But I think they win that game. And the reason I say they win that game, what New Orleans would have to do in order to win that game would be essentially what they did versus US, which has hit a bunch of threes. New Orleans does a lot around the rim. They like to get to the rim. Zion's great at getting to the rim, and a d at the rim is just a different animal, a totally different animal at the rim protecting the rim with Ad there, and so I think me personally, I got the Lakers winning that game for that reason. I know the Lakers are towards the bottom of the league from in a statistical standpoint in defending the three. So if New Orleans can hit threes like they did versus us, they can win. However, you're going to get a heavy Dosa's Zion. Their offense is built around Zion and Zion at the rim.
Speaker 2: I think Ad can make a lot tough.
Speaker 1: If Ad can make those shots tough at the rim on Zion, I think the Lakers gets out in transition.
Speaker 2: They're running, they're hitting threes, they're dunking the ball.
Speaker 1: I think they move on to face the Denver Nuggets, and we're facing New Orleans and New Orleans on Friday. That's just my take, that's what I got. I don't know, you beat a judge, you let me know what you think. But that's what I got. We'll see what happens in other playing games. You got the heat at the seventy six ers with a healthy Joe ellenb back, Tyrese Maxi. Who do you got? Jimmy Butler said, y'all took Tobias Harris over me. Y'all kept Tobias Harris over me, and Jimmy Butler is going to go into that game feeling that way, y'all took Tobias Harris over me.
Speaker 2: One thing you should understand about Jimmy is Jimmy is.
Speaker 1: Going to hold on to whatever chip on the shoulder that he can when he needs it, and he will very much so be holding on to that one again.
Speaker 2: If they win the game.
Speaker 1: He'll probably walk off the court again and say, y'all took Tobias Harris over me, because that is how Jimmy Butler is. And so that's the matchup. That's what we got. You got Ben versus Joel, you got Jimmy versus Tobias. You got Maxie versus Terry Rosier. To win one game, it's hard to pick against Joel and b very tough to pick against Joel and Bid. Both of those teams want to avoid Boston in the first round. So if you win that game, you get in the Knicks, which I think both of those things teams think they can beat the Knicks. So with both of those teams believe in that, it's going to be a blood buy. This is two teams battling not to face the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: I am going to go with Miami.
Speaker 1: The reason I'm going with Miami is because you learn. If you haven't learned over the last few years, you just don't bet.
Speaker 2: Against Miami at this time of the year. Don't do it. You're usually wrong.
Speaker 1: Jimmy's gonna try to get every shot that they want if he got to walk the ball up the court the whole game. Although I think their advantage is playing in transition and trying to make Joelle run because if Joe has been back for six games, second games, if you can make him run and tire him out, you got a better chance. And so I think that has to be their game plan. Although Jimmy likes to get to his spots when he won, I think the pace needs to be go, go going. I expect Miami Heat to do that, and so I'm taking Miami in that game. And then I got Boston facing the seventy six ers in the first round of their series, and I actually think that's gonna be a tough match. Like, if you're Boston, you're not really happy about either one or those these teams you're facing the first round match up. We know the history that they've had with the Miami Heat and Jimmy Butler, and we know Joel and them are always in the battle.
Speaker 2: Now they've been taking the wins and they've won each time.
Speaker 1: But it's a battle, and so you're not really happy about facing either one of those teams in the first round. But I hate the play in just so you all. I absolutely hate it. It's the best thing ever created. When you look at the play in and what is done for basketball, it's the best thing ever created. Like, I don't know who came up with it. I know Bron said they need to be fired. If they were fired when Bron said that, they need to get their job back because the play in is insane. Like since the NBA has added the play in, it's taken the last month and a half of the season to a totally different level, like totally different. And so I hate the play in. I especially hate being a Tennessee. But as much as I hated as a basketball player, as a basketball fan, this playing is nuts and you gotta love it. But that's my take on that. That's what I got. Moving on to these playoffs, you got the West Oksee Young Oksee becomes them youngest team ever to solidify number one seed, the Denmer Nugget after losing the play in last year, Denmer Nuggets number two, Timberwolves number three, Clippers at four, Maveris at five, Phoenix at six. Speaking of the player, like Phoenix come down to the last day they needed to get to get six, it doesn't really shape out like that. That fight don't happen if you're not trying to avoid the play in. Everybody start picking like, oh, we want to be seven. We're gonna lose this game. We want to be eight with the playing on the line, you couldn't do that, right. So those are your Western Conference team. Are the matchups that we know are set already? Are the Timberwolves at three and Phoenix at six, the Clippers at four and the Mavericks at five. Those are the matchups that we know are set. And as those matchups go, the Timberwolves and Phoenix will be a very interesting matchup Phoenix. You know, Phoenix is playing four out one end. They got Nurkic at the five, KD at the four. The Timberwolves play two bigs and Rudy Gobert Carl Anthony Towns just back from injury.
Speaker 2: Now that could get interesting.
Speaker 1: Because you'd say, like, oh, well, their size could kind of make Phoenix pay. But no one really plays that style of basketball anymore, Like you're not you're not gonna post Rudy Gobert and you're not gonna post call Anthony Towns a ton with Rudy Gobert in the game because the painting just get too tight. No one plays that style of basketball. Meanwhile, Finish is pushing the ball back the other way with Grayson Allen shooting a career high from three and just getting paid. Kevin Durant, we know how k shoot the ball. Book, we know how Books shoot the ball. Brad, we know how Brad.
Speaker 2: Shoot the ball.
Speaker 1: So if they want to slow it down and like throw it in the post when you miss, they're running back and their shooting threes.
Speaker 2: They're hitting threes.
Speaker 1: No one plays to throw the ball in the post, and so you don't necessarily get to take advantage of the size much. From that standpoint, also got the best big off the bench in the league in my opinion, nas Reed, how much does the size affect Phoenix, I'm not sure the game is going to allow it to affect them that much more than it will affect the Timberwills having to guard them. And so obviously you got young Edwards looking forward to the opportunity. I'm also looking forward to seeing on this stage me personally, myself going up against these these all start this all star.
Speaker 2: Trio that Phoenix got.
Speaker 1: Uh. One thing that I think is going to be important is who is going to guard Anthony Edwards. I'm assuming Brad Bill will, but I'm gonna tell you at some point in this series, and I got Phoenix winning, I think Phoenix will win the series. I think they got too much firepower offensively, and that's what it'll come down to for me. But Harris, what will have to happen for Phoenix to win the series. At some point throughout this series, Kevin Durant is going to go have to guard Anthony Edwards if Phoenix is going to have a chance at winning this series. At some point may not be Game one, may not be Game two or three, but at some point in this series, Kevin Durant is going to have to say, all right, I'm going and Brad build is a good defender, Brad competes not saying, but at some point Kevin is going to have to take his lane, his defensive tenacity when he wants to turn that up, and he's gonna have to go guard and Edwards if they're going to move forward in this series.
Speaker 2: That's my take. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: However, I do have Phoenix winning, but that's gonna need to happen, and then you got a heavyweight battle with the Clippers and the Mavericks. Mavericks has played the best basketball that we've seen them play since.
Speaker 2: Luca Duncheons has been a Dallas Maverick.
Speaker 1: Him and Kyrie what they're doing offensively, with the additions of gafferd PJ. Washington, then boys playing some beautiful basketball, I think those are great additions to them. I think those editions at the trade deadline, Nico Harrison don't get enough credit for Daniel Gaffer edition was a steal. We've all been watching Daniel Gafford in Washington ridden away for the last three four years or so. Like, man, if that guy can get on a good team, if you had him on a good team, it takes your team to another level.
Speaker 2: Dallas did it. It's done that. PJ. Washington's playing really good basketball. And so with.
Speaker 1: That, the Clippers have not been playing good basketball. They've been struggling a bit. I am taking Dallas in that series. I think Dallas ultimately gets it done. However, if the Clippers are going to win that series, at what point do you take Kawhi Leonard and you say, all right, now, Kawhi, you go Gard Luka doncis HER's the key, though, Harri's where it gets interested when you do that. The X factor in that series is going to be Russ Westbrook because Russell's gonna have.
Speaker 2: To guard Kyrie v And.
Speaker 1: When you got Luke on the floor, Kyrie don't get much attention from the defense. You tend to forget. Let me tell you, Kyrie Irving is a monster. And so if you decide to forget Kyrie, gonna go off. Tyl Loue know that they won a championship together. But Russell Westbrook is the X factor in that series. Russell Westbrook is the X factor for that team. No surprise, they've struggled as much as they've struggled over the last month and a half because Russell missed most of the time, and so russ On, Kyrie Kawhi gonna have to go guard Luca at some point throughout this series. I also think at some point throughout this series, Tyler gonna have to scrap Russell Westbrook off the bench and move Russell Westbrook into the starting lineup in order to win this series. Again, that's just my take. Your take is your take. That's my take. That's what we got in the West and moving to the East before we get out of here. The matchups that we do know. We got the Bucks at three, we got the Pacers at six. Uncertain on the status of Yiannis. We do know Yiannis likes to come back like he man in these situations. We watched Janni's hyper extend his knee a couple of years ago and the NBA Finals and came back and won the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: We all thought that he was done.
Speaker 1: We know he come back like he man, so I do expect him at some point in this series to come back calves can be tricky, especially when you you know, when you thought you know he was playing around with an injury around the achilles, The calves can be a little tricky. And so how much how much emphasis? If you're the Milwaukee Bucks front office, ownership group, coaching staff, how much are you fighting Giannis and saying we need to be one hundred and fifty percent short that you're ready to go? Because although it's not certain that Kevin Durant tore his achilles because of the calf injury had before, but so also not exactly certain or uncertain that was the case, could have been, could have affected it, or could not have. But if I'm looking at it through a lens and I'm the Milwaukee Bucks, the lens I'm looking through is that it did affect it. And so now that we have this, how much are we pressing Giannis to not play unless we're one hundred and fifty percent sure, because let's face it, they've struggled, they've struggled bad all year. They've won games because when you got Damian Lillard, when you got Chris Middleton, when you got Giannis onto the compo, you're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Some games in the East, it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: But that team has not been very good all year to the standard and level that everyone thought they would be. And so are you forcing Yanni's back to try to revive that and go how far? Or are you making sure he's one hundred and fifty percent ready to play and then saying okay, now, okay, you're at a place where you can go play.
Speaker 2: No, you're one hundred and fifty percent ready to play. Now.
Speaker 1: They've struggled with the Pacers this year. If I'm not mistaken, the Pacers beat them five times because of the play in Final four and so this is a different game though. This is a different game because this is playoff time and the Pacers has not played much defense all year. Not just gonna outscore a team in the playoffs, Gotta defend, got to defend in the playoffs, and the Pacers has made a living this year off outscoring teams. The game slows down a bit in the playoffs. It's not just run, run, run, run, run. It slows down. You gotta play in the half court. You gotta defend in the half court. Got to get back in transition so that you can defend the half court. But it's not just to track meet once you get to the playoffs, and all year it's been a track meet for Indiana, It's gonna be a little different than these playoffs. Gianna's being out definitely affects the series. However, well, Yanna's out or not. I got the Milwaukee Bucks. However, I've given you the X factor for everybody, the X factor for Indiana, and the one person they got that's gonna slow you down in the half court and just grind you out and get a bucket.
Speaker 2: It's Pascal Siakam.
Speaker 1: The addition of Pascal, Pascal has been in these situations. Pascal is an NBA champion. He knows what it takes in these situations. Pascal is an NBA champion. As the number two option, Pascal is the number two options on Indiana. However, in order for them to win this series, he will have to be the number one option. He will have to be the number one option because Milwaukee's going to put Patrick Beverley on Tyre's Halliburton. He's going to do all he can and rough them up to get under his skin. And although I think Holle is ready for that, I think Halle plays a good brand of basketball. It's gonna get a little tough playoffs. You know, it's a different physicality and he'll play well, but I just don't think he'll score it at the level to be the number one option in this series for Indiana. And that's why I think Pascal needs to be the number one option in order for them to have a chance to win. And the other series, we got the Cavs at the four Magic at the five Young Magic team making their first playoff appearance. It's exciting to see with them young boys, Paolo Franz Wagner, Jalen Suggs, young fellas, my young spartan dog who the old head on that team?
Speaker 2: Gee, Gary Harris.
Speaker 1: Excited to see Jamal Tinsley has taken that team to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Excited to see that matchup. The Calves has.
Speaker 1: Been there, Donovan Mitchell has been there, Darius Garland has been there. Jared Allen's been there. Although he said, man, we did not expect them lives.
Speaker 2: To be that bright.
Speaker 1: When we didn't expect it, they've been there. A lot of what Orlando does is at the realm. Don't shoot a ton of threes. That's not their strong suit. A lot of what they do is at the rim, Paulo getting downhill, Franz getting down here. How much are you getting down here with Jared Allen and Evan Mobley at the realm. It's my question for that series and for that alone. Obviously, Donovan's going to score the ball. The PG gonna do what he do. I got the cast taking this now. What's been interesting is Donovan has played well when Darius haven't played. Darius has played extremely well when Donovan haven't played.
Speaker 2: You got both of them.
Speaker 1: Now, in order to win at a high level, you need both of them to play well, but that the team has played better when one or the other has been out, which I think has been interesting because it probably leads Cleveland with a decision to make in the summer possibly possibly. Nonetheless, they need to figure the chemistry of that team out when everybody's on the floor together. In spite of that, because Orlando needs to get to the rim. I got the Cleveland Cavaliers taking that series moving on to the second round. So those are the series that we know. Those are my takes. The playoff series that I am most excited about. Obviously we're not in the playoffs yet, so I can't be too excited about our playoff series that's to come. With the playoff series, I'm most excited about his Dallas and the Clippers. That series, to me, I have no I would be surprised if it didn't go seven.
Speaker 2: I do think it's going to go seven.
Speaker 1: I do think you know, it's gonna come down to those big time guys that both of those teams got making big time plays in order to take it. But that's my series that I'm looking forward to as a basketball fan of watching the most.
Speaker 2: I think that series has legs.
Speaker 1: Four or five matchups are always great and they're right there in that spot two teams that got history. Now these teams have met in the playoffs before, you know, so those are always fun when you got teams with histories meeting against meeting each other because though you start to see it ball over and that's playoff basketball, man, that's fun.
Speaker 2: So that's the series.
Speaker 1: That I'm most excited it about looking forward to these playoffs. We will tap back in as they get going and also as the Dubs do what we gotta do to move for in this play in that I hate, but we got to do it. It's our route, it is what it is. Looking forward to the challenge until next time. That's a wrap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show.
Speaker 2: Your playoff preview, Peace