Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: How much money can you actually might make writing a song.
Speaker 4: A high one hundred, like a number one one hundred song you can make you know, I mean as far as it can generate I'm sorry, the song could generate, you know, from on the publisher side, a minimum of a million dollars if it's a number one, you know what I mean. You know, it could generate a lot of money. And depending on the splits and who you know, So if you're in a publishing deal, if you're not a publishing deal, if you know what I mean, if you're on fifteen percent of the song, if you on twenty five percent of the song, if you on fifty. I mean it depends on the split. But the song itself could generate a lot of money. You you can make a lot of money if you are a hit songwriter.
Speaker 3: Let's if you're a top hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the dream, Like, all right, so who's your top songwriter?
Speaker 3: The dream is a dream the top songwriter?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So he's making millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: He's making tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: I looked at that just every year, just off of that Copboy car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's making he's making a lot.
Speaker 5: But he also said he said something about like working with Beyonce with you know, it's not a regular deal working with Beyonce.
Speaker 3: No, your splits is going to be a lot less.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but the but the but the density of those songs, the entity is a lot of them. Like, he makes a lot of the songs, and those songs performed so well. I mean even when you don't think those songs are performing well, you know what I mean. We were talking about this the other day. I was saying somebody asked me, like, what do you think about Cowboy card? And I was like, I like it right, and it was like, we don't really hear a lot of it, you know what I was like, Go look at the metrics, like where where her?
Speaker 1: Where her the music? Like she is doing well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, that's interesting because I haven't heard this song. I haven't heard too many songs either, So where's where's it doing well at?
Speaker 4: She's doing well on all DSPs, She's doing well. Now, she's doing well country music rats. You know, her fans are so relentless, you know what I mean, Like they just she could really do no wrong with her fans, you know what I mean. So when you have a fan base like that, you super serve them. I mean, she's super served to be high, you know what I mean, Like no Worther, like you saw a renaissance, Like everybody had on silver and coming to the silver I'm black at the concert, So what you think to go be wearing at the concert?
Speaker 1: Cowboy Carter.
Speaker 4: Everybody going to have on cowboy boots and chaps and you know Cowboy has Like she's she super serves her audience in a way that I haven't really seen artists do in a long time, you know what I mean. So even though to the to the to the to us the consumers who are like the general consumers, it doesn't feel like massive, you know what I mean. But for her fans it's it's massive. Yeah, you know what I mean. Take our money, you know. And so when you so as you're the dream right and you are locked into that situation, that's like it's like guaranteed money.
Speaker 1: It's like every time, every time, you know.
Speaker 6: I so, when you have a number one, you gotta feel a bunch of them. Let's take burn, let's dig.
Speaker 3: You got a Bad as You.
Speaker 6: Confessions Part two, which they said is the greatest R and B record of the congratulationship a brother. Yes, when you have a record like that, the longevity longevity of it obviously plays out. But when you make a classic, is there a competition within yourself to say how do I recreate it or how do I top it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean always before I think now it isn't now. It doesn't matter now because I mean I'm forty six years. I have been doing this for twenty six years, twenty seven years now, So it's like, you know, it's like, you know, I think that you can you can get lost in the sauce trying to chase something that was right.
Speaker 1: All you could do is just.
Speaker 4: Continue to try to outdo your The competition is not about the The competition is about the competitive spirit is about can I do? Can I make another one kind of just it don't even have to be another the same thing. Can I just make something interesting that people want to hear?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And we do it so much now, you know we make we make music every day, So we make music every day all your life, you know what I mean. I've been in the game twenty six, twenty seven years. I've been making music as I was you know, yeah, I've been. I've been playing music as I was a kid. So every day in your life, it's like it's now, it's just you know, you just the competition is to continue is to create creative, you know what I mean? You know, it's the hope that the creativity never runs out. So you listen to things, you try to you now, it's just trying to stay inspired.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: The writing team, like I said that y'all make hits. So I know you and Jermaine still right, do you John say and do y'all ever get together and say, yeah, let's let's create something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we we we.
Speaker 4: You know, John say is is Uh has been leaning more to the you know, business house. He went to he went back to college and got his degree in business, you know, business degree and all that, you know what I mean. So he's really working closely with us. You're now in that capacity, But we're still right, we still you know, we still have those moments, will be coming together and do that. You know, me, me and Jermaine are pretty much the studio rats. We do want in the studio all day, all night, you know what I'm saying. But but so because everybody kind of works with each other in different capacities, we're always going to always be in a room together at some point.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christinoman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,