Speaker 1: You may have heard the famous saying cheaters never prosper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's actually only part of the quote.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: The full quote is cheaters never prosper unless they go on the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Then they thrive.
Speaker 1: Because a weird relationship scandal is actually the thing that brought one couple together during a second date update we did months ago, and when it happened, I think the whole room doubted that things would ever work out between them. Yeah, to our surprise, though, they're about to be back on once again for a second date update update.
Speaker 3: Get to it.
Speaker 4: Maybe do prosper.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what happened next second date update. Brooke, if you were single and on the dating apps right now, some of them ask you to be kind of punchy and fun on your profile. So give me a couple of sentences for your bio that you think would attract a man.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's just it's also generic that comes to my head, like adventurous, lame.
Speaker 3: After a love of food feed me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe your sarcasm and pessimism in the bio would be attractive to a guy.
Speaker 3: I would say optimistic. Wink wink.
Speaker 5: Oh, that was sarcasm confusing.
Speaker 3: I'm optimistic, I say I'm pessimistic.
Speaker 1: I bring it up because one of our listeners, Dan says he met a woman online, and Dan, I'm curious what was in her bio that drew your attention?
Speaker 2: So, first of all, she was very attractive, and she just had a very inviting vibe.
Speaker 3: Okay, and she.
Speaker 2: Was funny too, like she said she was into good stories, the outdoors, and sour dough bread.
Speaker 3: Making that is an arts.
Speaker 2: The funny part, well, she said that she she's ts A pre checked. I think so, I mean, I got it too. But she was very demanding and said I can't go out with anybody that's not TSA.
Speaker 5: But it also says about you that you're well traveled, right if it's a priority.
Speaker 1: Well traveled, but also impatient about travel. We never got her name. What is she called?
Speaker 6: Her name is.
Speaker 4: Sounds exotic.
Speaker 3: What did you say to her to get her attention?
Speaker 2: Well, I said that my passport only has two pages left on it.
Speaker 3: A cool way to say you're well traveled.
Speaker 2: I'm still looking to find my next adventure.
Speaker 3: A little cheesy, but she liked it.
Speaker 2: Hey, she went for it.
Speaker 4: What can I say? Yeah, there you go. So what did you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 2: We matched and we went to a bar. She recommended the place it was, uh was a nice place and keep it simple. They were actually doing a charity night. This was definitely a good cause. They were doing half of the proceeds going to kids in neat shots.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 3: It's a very generic cause. But I like it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, okay, it doesn't sound like you knew that that was even happening when you went down.
Speaker 2: No, but Covina and I actually kind of had a little inside joke out of it. Like as we got each round, we would say like, oh, we better get wasted for the kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cute, you have an inside jokes already. It sounds like you guys are really vibing on the state it was now.
Speaker 2: I will say that we did get a little out of hand. I mean we definitely both had a few drinks. Asked because now you feel like you need to drink more in a sense to help as many.
Speaker 4: Kids as you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, otherwise it looks like you don't like kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You it just seemed like the right thing to do. And then after about four drinks, I called the bartender over and started demanding that they serve us sour dough bread, you know, like a medieval night. I shall bring the lady the bread made of sour dough.
Speaker 4: Yes, which is thoughtful.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: The voice, though, I think, is what alexis is the bartender.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She just she started saying like, yes, unhand the.
Speaker 5: Thy the same renaissance sour dough bread jokes as you.
Speaker 4: So did security throw you out then?
Speaker 2: Or no? No? We we overall we had a great time. We ended the night responsibly, started getting some waters overring up helps to yea little something to coat it all, and walked her out to her uber And while we were standing there waiting, we had a nice conversation about just the mistakes that we made in life are drunes.
Speaker 5: So you ended like with a three minute, super serious conversation.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you sober up, and you should have gone harder.
Speaker 4: On the drink.
Speaker 3: I kind of a jeff, did you not make out?
Speaker 2: No, there was a hug.
Speaker 3: So have you heard from her at all?
Speaker 2: A little bit? I mean a couple very short text responses and mainly try to make plans. But it's just kind of like, yeah, I'm busy. I'd like to know why she's brushing me off.
Speaker 1: Me too, Okay, well, I wonder if you didn't get wasted enough for the kids. Yeah, I don't feel wasted enough to do this call. Let's put a song and take some shots.
Speaker 3: I like eating bread part too, though.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't help the kids.
Speaker 1: Brook like, let's get for the kids and get your second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 3: You're in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you.
Speaker 3: Here Part two.
Speaker 1: When a dark and handsome night is at a rectangular table not a round table, rectangular because it's a bar, and he drinks too much grog and pounds his fists and demands sour dough bread be brought hither. You know that's a man who commands respect and delicious gluten for his fair maidens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kicked out of the bar, which he didn't do luckily, But that.
Speaker 4: Is what happens when you drink too much.
Speaker 1: You start to sound like you're from the Middle Ages, and that what.
Speaker 3: Happens to you. I don't think that's very common. It's what happens to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he realized that something weird was happening. That's why, towards the end of the night, both Dan and Covena sobered up before grabbing their ubers.
Speaker 4: Now we will.
Speaker 1: Command her, in an English accent, to go out with Dan once more. That's what women respect in America's.
Speaker 5: Going to go with and ask politely and respect your boundaries. Yeah, that's that's actually what we're gonna do, Jess.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I guess King Arthur should have asked politely to storm the castle and take over the kingdom?
Speaker 4: Is that what he should have done?
Speaker 3: I think Guinevere was probably in charge then, So it's fine.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is Dan's second date. Dan, how would you like to handle this?
Speaker 2: I see what you guys are doing here.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't you're you're trying to send me in on a trojan horse of sorts.
Speaker 1: You we've done from the Middle Ages to ancient Greece.
Speaker 2: I'm going in under the guise of this radio station. Ye, and as soon as we get into the conversation, I'm going to burst out on the scene. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like your plan better. Than our plan. Let's trojan horse this girl.
Speaker 3: Let's just call her on the on a cell phone.
Speaker 1: All right, we're bringing it back to the modern times. We're dialing a phone over and see what she has to say.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, is this Covina? I?
Speaker 2: Yes, who?
Speaker 1: Hey, My name is jeff from a radio show you've definitely heard of before.
Speaker 4: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Demanding Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Is we're doing a radio segment called a second date update?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because we're trying to help out one of our listeners who you went out with the other night named Dan.
Speaker 7: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh wow?
Speaker 4: Is right?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 6: Is wow?
Speaker 3: Dance sounds like a cutie. You guys had a good time.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, yeah, we had a really good time.
Speaker 1: Great, well, we'd like to set you up on another date. Short, Well, she said she had a good time, no problems whatsoever?
Speaker 4: Am I right? Covina?
Speaker 7: Yeah? At the beginning, like he was chill and funny, but the end of the night was a little bit weird for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, what part of the end of the night.
Speaker 7: But I guess when we were waiting for our uber. We were just kind of talking about how crazy dating is and like sharing some of our experiences, and he said that he had actually cheated on one of his previous girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah.
Speaker 7: Right at the end, what an impress I know everybody has their stuff. But he mentioned that he was like really drunk when it happened. So that is a red flash for me because I feel like, I don't know, I just like once a year always happens that I'm not actually responsible for.
Speaker 3: Its not responsible.
Speaker 1: Well, if you couldn't tell that, that's Dan who's been listening lightly on the other.
Speaker 2: Line, I was, I was glad to hear that you had a good time, and really really don't. I'm really sorry that if I may, if I give the impression that I intend on repeating that behavior in any way, I just you know, something's just happened when alcohol is involved.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the responsibility for him, it's like I do agree with that it happened a long long time ago in a galaxy. No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some mixed messages from Dan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I feel like it's worse if you're drunk, because at least if you were sober and it happened. You know, that could be like an issue that we could work through. There's like some underlying stuff. But if you're drunk any like, I'm always gonna worry that every time you have a drink it could happen.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, you prefer sober cheating to cheating?
Speaker 4: I do you think that's better?
Speaker 7: I mean, none of it's better. Like all cheating is bad. I don't want anyone to cheat, But if I had a preference, I think I would rather you have been sober, because then we could like work through it.
Speaker 4: Dan, can you agree to stay sober? That's what she said.
Speaker 5: She's talking about why she had a problem with Dan's story, Right, yeah, Dan, what do.
Speaker 4: You think of that?
Speaker 2: I agree that it is never okay to cheat. If you commit to someone, you should you should honor that commitment.
Speaker 1: And unless you're drunk and you can't help it, is.
Speaker 3: That what it is?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're just impaired in your you know, not in control. Have you, Kobina, have you? Have you never lost your inhibitions around alcohol?
Speaker 7: I mean I have, But I've never cheated on anyone, so I don't. I don't know, Like what you're trying to do here.
Speaker 4: That some people lose their visions. They have like one too many deserves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to go to McDonald's.
Speaker 5: You jump into a pool fully close, like you don't jump into bed with somebody else because you can't control the.
Speaker 1: Pool with women.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it feels like Dan, that you can't take what it sounds like I'm guessing for Covina, I could be wrong. Kavina is that you can't take responsibility for your actions.
Speaker 2: I don't see it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, See, that's the issue.
Speaker 7: I mean, if he's drunk, of course he's not going to see it that way, But if he's sober, he probably could.
Speaker 2: Starting to see her point, Well, then can you make your friends less.
Speaker 5: Visible on Facebook?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Dan just saying if you want me to cheat sober, you know people that you know.
Speaker 5: She says it's not that she wants it, it's just her philosophy and cheating it would be better. It would This is why you don't do what ifs on a first date, like what if you cheated?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How are we already there?
Speaker 1: We're not doing what ifs on the first day, We're doing what ifs for the second day. That we will send you on and pay for if you're up for it. Covina, what do you say sober or drunk? That's up to you.
Speaker 2: Just no cheating, listen, anything else? Can I say anything else? Before she answered, well, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think it's going to healthy dude.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think it will. I think it was. I really enjoyed talking to you. I felt like opening up and telling you the truth about my past because I felt comfortable around you.
Speaker 1: You felt drunk, is what you felt?
Speaker 2: Him?
Speaker 4: Talk, Let it talk, Okay.
Speaker 2: I would like to get to know you better in a more lucid setting where we don't have to keep kids alive by drinking shot after shot.
Speaker 4: The kid's charity for the body. Yeah all right, are you so?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a weird invitation.
Speaker 7: It is. But I did enjoy talking to you too, and I'm in a good mood today, so I think it's so.
Speaker 4: Yes, great drunk too. You guys are perfect for each other.
Speaker 2: But freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, out of all the second dates that we've done, I don't know if I had this one pinpointed as the most romantic.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we got the cheating part out of the way.
Speaker 1: I guess the good news is both Daniel and Covina are back on today to give us an update on their relationship.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: You too dying to hear that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, it's nice to be back.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like you two are still together?
Speaker 7: Then, yeah, we are?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm shocked by that? Are you shocked by that?
Speaker 7: No, I'm really glad that we tried again because it's been going really well. I really like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no drama.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, yeah, I mean there was okay. So for the purposes of this call, I feel like it bears repeating that there was another cheating scandal that we survived.
Speaker 3: But again, oh my, oh.
Speaker 7: My gosh, it was not cheating. That was not cheating.
Speaker 3: Wait what, oh my god?
Speaker 4: Wait, can you tell us what happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the plate tell her the.
Speaker 4: Wait what happened?
Speaker 7: Listen? We were out when out in a bar and I like slightly made out with a girl, like not even it was slight.
Speaker 3: How is that that is full cheating?
Speaker 7: Yeah, listen, I was a little diffy, but he was there with me, and it's not like I was trying to like sneak around on him.
Speaker 2: He was there and it was literally.
Speaker 7: A girlfriend of mine. So like, nothing romantic.
Speaker 5: Just I love my non romantic makeout sessions with my best friends.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, Daniel.
Speaker 6: At the moment, I wasn't. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought, Wait, if she's her friend, that's worse because if it was just some random person and you're drunk and you kind of forget about that, Oh god, you are so dumb.
Speaker 3: Right now, here's the start of an argument. Due, I don't know that we want to be.
Speaker 4: Okay, besides that little hiccup in the road. You guys are good. It doesn't sound serious.
Speaker 2: Guys, We are so good.
Speaker 6: We are good, Daniel, you agree, Yes, I absolutely agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're happy that it sounds like you guys are doing good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whatever that means to you. If we're happy, we're happy, exactly. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.