Speaker 1: This episode is sponsible by game Time Ticket and App. The start of the NBA season is underway and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere watching the basketball game live.
Speaker 2: Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier, and it filters out of the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets.
Speaker 1: I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time Ticket and App is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. I really like the all end pricing because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning and I know your favorite team is going to need your support.
Speaker 1: Take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time Picks. Download the game Time App, creating an account and use code green for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again creating an account and redeem code g R E E N for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Download Game Time today? What time is it? Game time?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Everyone?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to The Draymond Green Show with my brother BD Baron Davis. Before we get into this episode, make sure to subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Twitter That's at Draymond's Show, so you don't miss any of our announcements. In today's episode, we'll discuss Clay's return to go to State, the four and one road record, fake handshakes, and which team needs to be in panic mode clay return. You know, it was a big hype around Clay the Warriors game. Everybody attendance, a Captain's had for Clay's return. You know, I think that was a great tribute, a great tribute video, which he well deserved. But y'all got the dub right, Steph gout hide the fourth. I know you and Clay and like, man, let's let's kick that off.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 1: Like? Man, Steph was on ten the whole time and you knew it right away when they tried to post him up.
Speaker 3: Very first play he fouled play. And that's one of the ones.
Speaker 1: Where like he knew it right away that it was a bad file. He didn't care, he didn't think anything of it. He was so rezealous to get to stop and so and and and so that play, you know, like, all right.
Speaker 3: It's a little ring, it's a little testy.
Speaker 1: The very next play, they try to run the same play again, and my man's in the corner. So I try to bump him out the Naji Marshall like, yo, bump, bump um here so I can switch and guard the post. He totally ignored me.
Speaker 3: So I run all the way over there to he didn't get the script. He didn't get the script.
Speaker 1: I have to run all the way back to the other side of the paint to guard my man because he won't bump out. And sure enough, you know, he get the next couple of stops and he dialed in Man, and I knew, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I knew he'd be doll in. You know, I'm gonna keep a g with you.
Speaker 1: I watched Clay's interview leading up to it, all of them. I read all the quotes I watched in the interview I could find, and I watched step interviews leading up to it. Now, mind you, when they asked me the other day, okay, see, I totally ignored the question.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we got it.
Speaker 1: We got an NBA Cup game, and that's that's that's what Thursday is about.
Speaker 3: I mean, not Thursday.
Speaker 1: That's what whatever day of the weekend's.
Speaker 3: Ground the next game.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and so I'm like, like, that's that's what it is.
Speaker 3: And I completely ignore it the question.
Speaker 1: And then I saw Steph's answer, and I saw Clay's answer, and then I saw steph answer and it was a little sentimental.
Speaker 3: And I'm like all right.
Speaker 1: And then I see Steph speak on just somewhere different and it was a little more sentimental, and I go look at Clay stuff, and I'm like all right. So finally yesterday morning, I text Steph and I text him like, hey, listen here, big dog. I need you to be locked in whatever it is that you do, whatever it is that you need to do, if that's watched this tribute video m before we actually see it go up on the board, whatever it is that you need to do, to make sure that your emotions are where they need to be. So we dialed in. I said, and I'm gonna do the same, and so I hit double lock Raymond Ritter and I and I.
Speaker 3: Said, ray I need to say see that tribute video. And Race sent it to me. And I watched the tribute video and I was like, so I got it out. Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Steph got so So by the time Steph coming the game last night, he pissed.
Speaker 3: I didn't call as soon as I text him.
Speaker 1: He called me right away, so I didn't tried to stir the pot a little bit, bab I try, ain't you know, Oh my splash brother.
Speaker 3: Hey, So I feel Steph all He like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I talked to Clay last night about He was like, because Steph was supposed to speak before the game.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I called Raymond and told him I'm not speaking, like I just need to lock in on the game. So I ain't speaking. And I talked to Clay about it, trying to check Nelson. Clay ghosted me, so he got pissed.
Speaker 3: There we go. That's why he was on ten. That's why at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, bro, that end of the game he was that was almost like the Olympic shot. You feel me like he was on even after the game, after y'all shook hands, it was like, what was that feeling like, because you know, it's it's so much emotions, bro, that you know, Clay's players is legacy, brother, almighty, you know what I mean, hall of Famer and that yeah connection, you know what I mean, that's the first time you know, we we've able we've been able to see the not connection, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy stuff said to me right away.
Speaker 1: He was like, yo, you know we had Andre when he left and he came back, and like, you know, Kd's kind of never really materialized, like it was so many years in between him playing actually coming back and play here from when he left.
Speaker 3: That is kind of never really you know that. He was like, but we had nothing like this, Like you're right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that moment, Bro, it was such an incredible feeling because we've done special things together and Clay included, Like there's nervous without Clay.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: As I was talking to Travel last night and Travel was like, yo, you and Steph was locked in so crazy. He was like, but it's nuts because Clay was locked in too. Yeah, when I saw how all three of y'all were able to lock in on.
Speaker 2: That game, that's how y'all know how y'all won that championship.
Speaker 1: He said, it makes much sense, he said, so much to deal with three of y'all like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he said, it makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: When I watched how all three of y'all was locked in absolutely and saying that, so knowing at and understanding that, like the Knight couldn't have gone better, and they couldn't have been a.
Speaker 3: Better feeling for us.
Speaker 1: You know, it's us two still holding it down, You're still holding the fort down. And to know, you know, like he ain't with us no more. That felt good and so, like I said.
Speaker 3: It could not have The Knight could not have gone any better.
Speaker 1: When you talk about NBA script writers, as as people say on Twitter.
Speaker 3: And that was perfect setup that script.
Speaker 1: Clay Thompson played great, great, incredible, and they lost.
Speaker 3: That's how we needed to night.
Speaker 1: When Steph had those moments though, when he like locked into the moment.
Speaker 2: He's gonna start, he ain't gonna start because Steph came out talking Shid and Clay hit him with the shimmy.
Speaker 3: Then Clay caught fire. And then you see Steph over there he.
Speaker 2: Had you know what I mean, yo, And then I'm and and batching the intensity like Clay's intensity up Dallas level. I don't even think the Mavericks seen something like that, you know what I mean. And so like watching how you and how you and Steph were on this side. You know, Uh, Moody got off, you know what I mean. Moody was balling, you know, Buddy was everybody, Melton was balling. Every Looney played big you feel Come on, dude, come on, dude, that's w U s l A Brewing right there. And then my dog, my dog defensive player of the year. We we on that, We on that track. Let's talk about these stats. Eleven point seven rebounds, six assists, three steals, two blocks. Even Steph he talked about it after the game. He said, man, you you put on a master class on the defensive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I would agree to that, especially the block on Daniel Gafford that saved the big shot.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. He was just he was just he was a plug, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He was the plug all night. Man, just talk about I want to. I want to like, what was it?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you starting to you starting to look you starting to look and feel young again?
Speaker 3: Bro? What is it?
Speaker 1: I feel incredible, Bro. I'm in the best shape I've been in in years. I'm as focused as I've been in years. Like I'm so dialed in on these moments, man, Like just enjoying, just enjoying playing the game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy going out.
Speaker 1: There and grind it, knowing that we've been counted out, we the underdogs. Like it feel good to be the underdog again. My whole life, I was an underdog. Being all this high and mighty shit, ain't ain't what I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna come to.
Speaker 1: Like, I've been an underdog my whole life, and so just being back in that role, I kind of feel that, you know what I'm saying, in that space, I feel that I'm locked in, and you know, I had to have a conversation with myself this summer just you know, the last couple of years, I've been kind of like, oh, you know what I'm saying, Like, I know the commentating stuff is around the corner, Like you know, I want to transition into some of that as I'm do, you know, you start looking at all and I'm like, I start focusing so much on that stuff, yep, to where basketball is kind of almost put on the back burner.
Speaker 3: I flipped that, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, And this summer I'm locked in and I'm like, you know what, I don't know if it's one years, if it's two years, there's three years, if it's.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I actually don't care.
Speaker 1: What I do know is whether it's one, two, three, four, or five, I will be in tip top shape for each and.
Speaker 3: Every last one of them, and it will be dialed on the.
Speaker 1: Task at hand and enjoying this game that we've been playing since kids. But it's opportunity we wanted since kid. Yeah, that's where.
Speaker 3: My mind is.
Speaker 1: And so to be like, I got goals, but I really want that Defensive Player of the Year, you know what I'm saying, Like CP CP being here last year and having ten all defense teams and like eight first team I'm like, dang man, I said, I still got more to do, you know what, I still got harder to get and and and that's how I'm feeling brom I'm locked in and so.
Speaker 3: You know, to get that block on gafferd in that moment.
Speaker 1: Hey, it was literally very reminiscent of Kyrie's drive and Kyrie had to drop off to him last year, same exact play. This time it was Luca got to drop off. Come on, like put them the plays where down the steph steph making them shots.
Speaker 3: That's what he do me making them plays.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I like, you know, I gotta I gotta do my part on that side so that he can do his.
Speaker 3: Part on the other side. Yeah, that's why I'm at with it. Bro Man.
Speaker 2: You can just you can just tell this it's a different mentality, you know what I mean. And then just even just even talking how we talk every day. It's like you choosing to make that a moment with Clay right that that's what you need. You choosing to make that a Boston moment, the Okac moment. Like it's almost like you re energize and you playing like ship man. If this is my last game, they gonna get Draymond Green, they gonna get the best version of Draymond Green that the league saying, and.
Speaker 3: That and and that is what the team needs. Bro. That is like.
Speaker 2: And the points. You feel what I'm saying. You know how I am about these points. I like the eleven. You feel that we gotta get them points too, you feel me.
Speaker 1: But it was it was a big it's just play me a different a totally different way they are. Yeah there, I can tell oh by the way they guard me, their account for that. Now they're just like, oh he make it. They're now like, oh they gotta get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So because you you're getting shots in rhythm, and it's an offensive rhythm, is an offensive flow, you know what I mean. And so them six assists, you know what I mean, that's another twelve points, you know, eighteen points depending on how many threes. So that's what I'm saying, Like, I like, I like the aggression because now, like, you're a playmaker, dog.
Speaker 3: Always facts, you know what I mean. You've always been a playmaker. So when you out there and I see you.
Speaker 2: Doing that and looking for your shot and making plays, I'm like, okay, we we Yeah, we're gonna have a good night.
Speaker 3: Were in good company? Yeah, No, for sure. That's and that's that's how I feel. That's where we at.
Speaker 5: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at DraftKings Sports. It's cool, official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams Splendo six groups every Tuesday and Friday playing for the right to advance in a single elimination in season tourney. It was great last year, culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Vegas. First time. Here's something special new Draft Kings customers bet five bucks to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets. If your bet wins score big, use the code callin. So you download the DraftKings sportsbook app, please use the code colin. New Customers get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets betting just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill Casena win resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dknng Don Coe slash b Ball.
Speaker 3: And then the in season game.
Speaker 2: That shit, whoa, I feel like, I don't know what it is, but whatever this in season thing is, it's just like the whole intensity, you know what I mean of playing it Like I don't know if it's the different court or if it's how they matching up the rivalries, but the ship cracking.
Speaker 1: The different the courts make you automatically feel like something's different. Like when you walk out there on that court, the course, different jerseys there, you automatically like somethings different. Yeah, it's like this, it's like this. Or around him, man, it's or in the gym as soon as we walked in last night, we walked, we walked out, I should say we ran up, lol, said man, they feel like oh, I said, oh, it's just a different vibe around them in season tournament games or excuse me, NBA Cup, Uh, the NBA These NBA Cup games, man and we saw it last year, and like, if you had any doubt, they're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, the first you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The first year it was exciting, But if you had any doubt, looking no further than last night. The Detroit Pistons winning on the last second. That was wild us having to come back from down seven with under four minutes to go and winning that game in regulation. The Boston Celtics losing to a prey young list team in Boston, right like Portland destroyed Portland destroyed the Timberwoods beat them about four. Like these season tournament games is different, man, And it's like an n c A A tournament. Not that you want it done, but you feel like that because if you lose, once you lose, it's no longer in your control right now. If you can win out you control everything. But if you lose, you're at the mercy.
Speaker 2: Of everybody else, exactly the system and man.
Speaker 1: And so it's crazy because it started off as like this whole thing of life, Yo, we can go win five hundred thousand, and it's crazy BD. Nobody even mentions the money anymore. It's just all about like, yo, we want to go win this thing. Yeah, we want to keep of this thing. And I think the NBA has done an incredible job of creating this NBA Cup. And I think as fans, and when I say as fans, I am a fan of this game, as fans, we need to embrace this thing for what it is.
Speaker 3: It is an nd season championship, very much so. And by the way, it should be celebrated just it's something to see.
Speaker 1: It takes people a little while to come around because it's something so new that you like, oh, that don't matter, but like the Lakers win in that last year, it should be celebrated when hegas, when you watch it, when you look at like basketball, the NBA is a global game.
Speaker 3: When you look at La Liga and.
Speaker 1: You know, even your league basketball, all these different cups that do they matter?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that that stuff matters.
Speaker 1: And so I'm hoping to see this continue to grow with fans, for fans to celebrate this.
Speaker 3: Is it going to be an NBA championship, No, it will never be an NBA championship. He's want to take you the whole, but it mattered. But it matters, man, It matters.
Speaker 2: It matters so much because like you think, about you don't get no rewards from training camp, you don't get no rewards from preseason, you don't get no rewards from start of the season, and everybody trying to play.
Speaker 3: To be a All Star, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So this kind of changed a lot of the mentality because now you gotta be team oriented. You look at a team like Indiana, right they run helped them have that run in the playoffs, you know what I mean? That confidence and so for a young team being able to snatch some wins, get up, you know, and maybe even make it to the Cup or to the final four. Man, you know how, like somebody like a Detroit in a Portland, you never know they could get this could It's tricky times right now, you feel me.
Speaker 3: Anybody can get hot. I remember.
Speaker 2: When I was playing, Like the Houston Rockets won like twenty three in a row and nobody was expecting that. But like, dude, if you get you know, you beat the Timberwolves, you beat a Miami Heat, as one of you know, a Detroit or.
Speaker 3: Portland, you could get hot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And like especially for where you guys are right now, you know, it's like this their dog mentality, just like, man, I won't that cup if it's out.
Speaker 3: There, you feel what I'm saying, that it's out there, you know, it's an opportunity to go get it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's how guys are looking at it man so and just again the fan in me and just watching these NBA Cup games. I love that how it is at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I think in January February or something like that. As this NBA Cup continue to become more and more successful, yeah, if they do like a like an intraconference cups, you know what I'm saying. So like these Eastern Conference teams are playing in some type of cup for a few weeks. Western Conference teams playing against each other in some type of cup for a few weeks, Boom, their All.
Speaker 3: Star Break happened.
Speaker 1: Once you come out of All Star Break, as you and I both know now, the eyes set.
Speaker 3: On the p Yeah. Yeah, that's January February games. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You can fall exactly, And that's a way, yep, you make those games more meaningful.
Speaker 3: That's a way to.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't necessarily say compete because it's just such different thing.
Speaker 3: But that's so it's just so many games. Yeah, it's just a lot of games more meaningful at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need you need you need, you need the NBA Cup, you need the n Season Tournament. You need another cup, right because it's so many games, Like like, you gotta have different feeling and different emotions to like, you know, up at a level. And and and man, the training camp, preseason, first part of the season, like we see a lot of guys getting injured, you know, and it's like the season has been accelerated so fast that when you jump into it, it's like, damn, dude, you know, you may be in the best shape or you know, it take a while to get in basketball NBA shape, game shape, and you gonna have these little knickknacks, and so something like this is just so important for the right team with the right mentality, who got nothing to lose coming into the season, you know what I mean. And that shit can propel you going into All Star being like damn, like all we gotta do is win twenty out of you know, twenty out of thirty and we in you know, And so it makes it a big difference. You know, I know y'all had the Mavericks for the NBA Cup game. That was the first one. The Grizzlies are next, you know, followed by the last two teams in the group, the Pelicans who've been injured and the Nuggets. But the Grizzlies up next. Obviously there's no John Morett. You know, they have been balling. Like what is your take on that? Like what like how do you adjust? Like talk to us about how do you like? Okay, Jo Moran is out right, that means nothing, correct.
Speaker 3: But it should mean nothing.
Speaker 1: But as you know, the only problem with it means to nothing is we're human beings, yes, as human being as we have natural human reactions.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so the natural reaction is John Moran's out. You put your guard down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do not do that. If you spend in.
Speaker 1: The boxer ring and you put your guard, you get it. And so this, uh, this Grizzlies team. We played them a couple of years ago in the NBA playoffs. In the game John Moran missed, they beat us by fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they smash up. They beat us. They were up fifty points in the second quarter.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like oh, the game got out of hand. Later they were fifty nine in the second quarter. Right, because you naturally let your guard down. And this is the NBA man. Santi All Damas playing great basketball, Scottie Pippen Jr. Is playing great basket. Jay Huff is playing great basketball. Right Trip just getting back and starting to get his feet underneath him, you know, like, but these guys are playing great basketball. And so the challenge is, hey, you naturally let your guard down. Okay, this is in this season NBA Cup game. Gotta lock in and you can focus on that, right, you can use that to lock in. The challenge is, though Scottie Pippen Jr.
Speaker 3: Has been really.
Speaker 1: Good, he's going to be even better because he's going to be even more free. Rightly, santi All Damas been really good, He's going to be even better because he's going to be more free. And so that three that you may be like, let me get this back to twelve and see what twelve can create. Now you just like it's going up.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a different mentality exactly.
Speaker 1: So you're right, John mort being out means nothing from the standpoint of we still need to come in with the with the mindset that we know we need to come in with, regardless of who they got on the floor, jobs our bangs out, smarts out whoever's out. Our mindset need to be with. Our mindset has to be And so it doesn't mean nothing in that sense. But on the flip side, hey, number one, I always love playing against John joab bringing.
Speaker 3: When you play against.
Speaker 1: John, bring out a different level that you have to get to in order to match his intensely level, in order to match the swag that he come a with.
Speaker 3: He's going to bring out a different level and the real competitors.
Speaker 1: And so I love playing job and then also just seeing him get it get back. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know, I watched you we all watched him go through some stuff, and I know how it is.
Speaker 3: When you go through stuff and everybody want to count you out and doubt you.
Speaker 1: So also just from on a personal standpoint, just watch him get back, prove everybody wrong, show everybody why he got the Nike sneaker, Show everybody why everyone was the he was the most exciting young guard that everybody was looking forward to. A coach guy, you know what I'm saying, Like and so you also just want to see that from that aspect and then playing great games man, like you want to play teams at full strength because as a competitor, you want to compete at the highest level that you lead at.
Speaker 4: And so that's kind of where we're at with it, you know. But saying that the court is who you got it, Yeah, you gotta be ready because them young boys, they like to eat, you know what I mean, They like to eat. They don't care who on the floor. I like them.
Speaker 2: I think they will coach, you know, And they got to held up a lot of talent, you know, and surprise talent to a lot of people. But you know they got when you're in the league, bro, you just need a chance, you know what I mean. Sometimes you just need a chance, you know what I'm saying. And thatuation in the right situation back in time your whole career around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and speaking of a joh, who was the guy like when you were coming through that most reminded you of John?
Speaker 2: I say, John is a combination of Alan Iverson and Vince Carter.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: Crazy, just like like you know, if Alan Iverson jumped like John Moran dog and not have been crazy, you know what I mean. Alan Iverson was the dude. When you knew you was playing him, it was no matter where you were in Philly, Charlie, Cleveland, the gym is hot, you know, like when they feels like the fog and all that. Man, that's that's how Allan Iverson, you know, that's the type of energy that he brought, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Intensity? You know.
Speaker 2: Uh, he never talked shit, you know what I mean. He talked, you know, but he never talked shit. He never talked shit to nobody, disrespecting nobody.
Speaker 3: He was just all about his team or you know, on the ref.
Speaker 2: So you know, it was just like when I knew I was playing against Iverson, it was like, man, fuck that, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm I got I gotta get mine all too, and you feel.
Speaker 3: Me like him.
Speaker 2: Malberry was like that, you know, because coming into the league, it's like all right, you gotta play defense and you gotta pass the ball as a point guard, and they just man, they just running up the score, you know what I mean. So it was like Iverson Malberry was a lot like that. And then I say, Steve Nash, like Steve Nash had a certain type of type of swag and type of energy. But the dude you couldn't sleep on was Tony Parker. Oh, because he was gonna bust your regardless.
Speaker 3: Hey bro, Tony Parker. People don't give him enough credit.
Speaker 2: Hey bro, he he kills everybody.
Speaker 3: He done killed everybody.
Speaker 2: It ain't nobody that can look at Tony Parker and say, hey bro, I ate you up?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Or like, you know, I destroy you.
Speaker 2: No Tony Parker, no way, baby, he won't all fades. Tony Parker was probably one of the most to me, one of the most underrated point guards of all time.
Speaker 1: Tony Parker was nice. I actually got a chance to play against Tony when he was still moving. You know what I'm saying, Parker come downhill last year. Hey, he moveing fast as hell, didn't hit you with that spin, AND's still on balance, still going towards the rim.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 2: Rob watched Tony Parker film all summer when he led the league and points in the paint. I was like, how the fuck is he doing this? Dog Like, how was he getting he getting to the front of the ram? He gets layups?
Speaker 1: Hey BD? He leading the league in points of the paint. Help these people understand. This is at the time where the NBA got real big yeah, like shit, Bill Wallace, Yeah, you have to have a big dude, Jamal mcglure, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And dudes that that will hurt you, you know what I mean, Like you ain't going like I wasn't going in the in the paint trying to just dunk on people, you know what I mean. I don't know how Tony Parker, Tony Parker and what's his name, Tarik Evans, I never knew.
Speaker 3: I would watch them and be like.
Speaker 2: Damn, dude, how are they getting to the front of the rim so easy? It's nuts? It was crazy. So shout out to Tony Parker. That's he liked that. He got that type of intensity that job. You know what I mean, it's the same type of ship jump I got. And it's like this chip on you. It's like a killer chip on your shoulder where it's like, bro, if you don't knock that chip off the shoulder, he gonna he gonna keep he gonna keep punching on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, sir, shout out to TV man, one of the goats. Tn T Sports on True TV is here, and it's bringing you action for some of your favorite leagues, including live games and events from NHL, MLB, US soccer, and more. There's also a new slate of original shows and podcasts like The Steading Room with e J and Chuck and Above the Fold with Jamel Hill. TNT Sports is taking over prime time, making it your new destination for sports moments. Watch every night starting at six pm Eastern on True TV.
Speaker 2: Let's get into this. Uh this form one road trip y'all just finished. It was a good winning okay. See uh, I don't like to say which win was the best, but which win was? Like which one was?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know we got this one Boston absolutely, and it has to.
Speaker 1: Be Boston because you know we beat them in a championship on that floor. When you walk into these arenas that you want a.
Speaker 3: Championship at, you automatically go back to that bid. Oh man, it's this place. Like it's no good in this place. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You going into that place, you know they playing, they're playing great. You know, one loss, they got us coming in, you know, and it's it's the setup, is the cracking, you know what I'm saying. And we start the road trip off too, and oh and they're headed into Boston. Everybody like, oh, they start the road trip off to and O. But now the road trip get tough. And then we go in there like we pretty much controlled that game the whole game, like, oh game know, and to go in there and do that and obviously that without JB you know and kp uh, but you can only play who they put on the floor. And so to go in and send that message like we're still here, and I'm gonna tell you it's even a little more emphasis on the hairs. Why last year we did the whole shooting thing with with Jaylen Brown and I felt like we kind of let the wrath off of them, like we we I feel like we propelled them a bit when we did that. The confidence of that team after that just went through the roof, you know. And so to then come back and go back in that place that we did that and lock up like we did and play the game we did that that that made that one feel like it was the one you know and didn't going to that.
Speaker 2: That was and that's the one to get you know what, I mean, it's like you're looking at five games, You're like, damn, dude, that's that that Boston game. If we could be two and oh going into Boston, we got a chance, right And the way the way y'all came out, the way y'all came out, it was like, yeah, just been focused, man, y'all just been so focused, you know what I mean. Like the Boston game was great. There was a moment where, you know, current Steph kind of got into it, you know what I mean, Like we were starting to see you know, kind of like the nostalgia of I wouldn't say y'all didn't care in the past, but it was like it was so much other shit that now, like the the intensity is on on on the game talk about like that moment with Steph and curR and like how you know when ship like that happened, Like how do you guys? Or for the fans like talk about reacting, you know, the reaction to that.
Speaker 1: So for us, I always, you know, like I pay attention to all that stuff, and so for us when I saw her, I just go to Steph.
Speaker 3: And reassure him, like yeah, we good, Like fuck that, let's move on. Just to make sure his hairs stay in the right place.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because people respond to things differently, you know what I'm saying, and you never know what respond you're going to get. And so I immediately go to him like, man, fuck that we do, like let's keep a pushing.
Speaker 3: And now again.
Speaker 1: And I always try to tell guys, when you are one of the top dogs on the team, the job goes far beyond just going out there and playing in good basketball. So as you know, there's so many more things that you have to deal with, you know, when when you're going through this stuff. And so I'm immediately watching that and not see it, and I'm watching Steph's reaction and how he respond to it because if he respond negatively, And when I say negatively, I don't mean to argue and I don't I mean responding like his play. You know what I'm saying, it's the meanor if he respond negatively, I'm already I've already told myself, like I need to go talk to coach and make sure coach understand the reaction. You know what I'm saying, to make sure coach understand, Hey, Steph ain't respond great to you yelling at him like that, let's just keep an eye on that. So that's already my mindset, because again, you have to keep an eye on all of these things. You have to know what make your guys tick and what makes and what makes them not.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. So I'm watching that like a hawk.
Speaker 1: In turn, I'm then watching the postgame press conferences and stuff like, nah, I want to be coach like everybody else. That statement lines up with the way you continue to play after after you and Steve.
Speaker 3: Have your so cool, I washed my head and I'm on to the next thing, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's those types of things that when you're trying to compete at a high level, when you're trying to win championships, it's those types of things you can let's slide by and you look up later on down the road and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, man, where did I like, where did? Where did we go wrong?
Speaker 1: And you for you, and you don't pay attention to those types of moments, you know what I'm saying, And so I pay attention to all of that little stuff, because when you're trying to do something special, those little things add up.
Speaker 3: It's the little things that matter, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so that moment was huge because what it also did was and no one has a problem with that on this team. But again, when you see Steph Curry get cussed out like that.
Speaker 3: And he just like.
Speaker 1: Like but no real reactions, just like like and then Steve come at you, you you gotta shut the hell up for sure.
Speaker 3: Like you have no choice but to shut shut it up.
Speaker 1: And and and it sends a message to everyone, and more importantly who else is sends a message to which I think is even more important than the center mess to players. It sends a message to the rest of the coaches. Coach, coach, get it up, get your coaching up. Like Stack, Hey man, I'm telling you, man, Stackhouse.
Speaker 2: To this man, y'all got stack House stouts over there. Yeah, offensive mastermind. Yes, hey, bro, y'all got y'all got some y'all got some dogs over there.
Speaker 1: What the additions that they made this Coachal staff stocks stops. Like you said, he's an offensive mastermind. It's his offense. As you know, I live on that defensive side of the ball. And what Stack has done with his.
Speaker 3: Defense, oh man, it's been crazy. Hey, And what he.
Speaker 1: Has done with his defense. Make me say that ain't Dreyvond's defense. That Stacks defense, and I'm going to be a part of Stacks defense. What he has done there, the point of emphasis he's put on that side of floor, the mentality that he's made us have on that side of the floor. What he comes, He come every day locked in and he like, oh, we watched the fielder of the Steph said something yesterday. He was like, oh, Stack, you know, well right there I was thinking this, so I had to do this. Stack was like, oh, tell me next time, tell me that because I definitely ding Joe asked on them grace for that next time. Make sure you just share that with me, that that's what you was thinking. And that's what happened, because I for sure ding Joe as I saw it at this time on my sheet.
Speaker 3: But it's it's just a different accountability level.
Speaker 1: Like, Man, I get them grades, we get a notification, We work on this app with our team and we get these notification grades out. Man, as soon as I get that notification, I need to see my grade. And last night my grade was high as hell.
Speaker 3: They had to be.
Speaker 1: I think I need to go back and check the grades, but I'm almost certain it was the highest grade of any one of them.
Speaker 2: Come on, I Stack, I need, I need to get one of these grade sheets. Add me to the list, stack, put me on the text notification. I need to see that. It's so great to hear. I mean, you see the results. But when you buy in to a defensive philosophy and you got to coach back there engineering it, and then also you got a grade like that, we live on goals, you know what I mean, Like we live on success. We are we are fighting and chasing perfection every time we come on that court. And so to have that accountability, that structure, but also that trust, right you know, like you were saying with with with Steph and wanting to be coaching coaches, wanting to coach is really you know, it's that trust, right. It's being able to nip all the little things that can be deterrens right, and every time it's nit or every time it's fixing soft, it builds greater trust, you know what I mean? Sure, And that's you know, that's why I like on the defensive end, like you guys are are gritty, you're smart, you know, and you're not you're not worried about if there is a misassignment like who did something?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like a lot of times like oh shit, I damn, I'm switched out on the wrong person.
Speaker 3: Y'all. Don't look at it like that.
Speaker 2: Everybody takes to challenge everybody our support and that's what you need, you know, to really be a winning team, because like the deflections, like y'all not tall, y'are not super athletic, you know what I mean. It's like the deflections, the you know, the over the back calls from boxing out right, just all the little things that the block shots, right, the steals, all those things measure up right, and if those are hell that highest steem. I remember it used to be deflections or for me, like when I left the league, in steals, my coach told me how I taught me how to do it. He said, just pick the dude up like right before half court. As soon as they get to half court, jump they ass because they can't go back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was getting all kind of turnovers and steals because soon as somebody come across half court, first thing they do, they relax, get ready to call a play.
Speaker 3: And then I was on them, you know what I mean, And so like.
Speaker 2: Them little goals are like them, little bitty things getting fixed like that creates that trust, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Talk about y'all trust. You know, when y'all out there, I.
Speaker 1: Think the trust is coming from you know, the coaching staff is being willing.
Speaker 3: To earn that trust. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They ain't even walking in like all right, we the coaches and y'all do Yeah, you know what I'm saying. They walking in trying to earn that trust. Like you know what I'm saying. Stack Again, I keep going back to Stack in the defense every time some start going wrong and we're like, yo, we need to get out this cover Stack, like this is what we're doing, This is who we are.
Speaker 3: Do this, and so you stand.
Speaker 1: When you stand on something like that, everyone else has no choice but to believe that trust in it because you standing on it so tough, you know what I'm saying. And like I think Stack's also doing a good job of like standing so tough on it initially but now starting to be like all right, cool, y'all seeing this change, Well let's change. Just let's tweak this thing. You know what I'm saying, whereas initially he like, Nah, this is what we're doing, and then just do it. And I actually like that mentality because what it showed is like, I believe in this. I think this is what's going to give us the best chance to win. Let's try to be great at this thing. Now, we can start to make adjustments, right you, like, eleven games into the season, you're starting to figure out building identity. You can start to adjust some things when you need to, when you see fit, but first you have to build a base. And I think you know, the coaching staff has been willing to build that base.
Speaker 3: And in turn, when you see guys who've been through.
Speaker 1: It, who know what it looks like, trusting in it and doing all of that, it creates for a different opportunity and for a different situation. And I feel like that's where we're at right now. Man, Let's move around the league a little bit busy. As a Wednesday, Cleveland Cavaliers are the only undefeated team in the league. After playing against them this past Friday, I personally believe that they have a chance.
Speaker 3: To get to the conference finals in the East.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you can get past Boston that's on you, right, like get yourself.
Speaker 3: Front runner out the East. Huh, absolutely, no question.
Speaker 1: But I think these Cleveland Cavaliers are serious. And I'm gonna tell you why. I think they're serious.
Speaker 3: That ball humming so crazy.
Speaker 1: Bed My head was on goddamn spinning, and they was moving that ball so fast. I was like, whoa, whoa, oh man, I went the hell, oh this dude's just replaced three like he just like, I'm like, he relocated, Oh my god. Like they moving the ball so crazy. They got biggs, which in turn allows their guards who's smaller, to just funnel you to their bigs.
Speaker 3: Right. So like Donovan Mitchell not a great defender, DG not a great defender, But if I can funnel you to Evan Mobley and.
Speaker 1: Jared Allen, come, all I gotta do is not be a scream magnet and chase over the screen and forced him to drive.
Speaker 3: Right, makes the difference.
Speaker 1: Kenny Akison, what he's brought to that team, the mindset that he's brought to that team.
Speaker 3: You see it in Darius Garland.
Speaker 1: Darius Garland is playing at an all star level, an NBA starter all Star level. Yep, right again, that's you see that in Kenny Evan Mobley crazy. The way Evan Mobley is playing is what you thought Evan Mobley would be coming out of college.
Speaker 3: He has not been that.
Speaker 1: He's shown you he's worthy of being viewed as possible to become that. He's now becoming it. Yep, and man, them boys playing some basketball. You got o'caro hidden shots now if Ocoro is the only guy you can help off of, and he hadn't you done?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I think this team they got some there and Struce ain't playing. They got depth, right, Like Tadjarone balling off the bench Georgia.
Speaker 3: We know he shoots that thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like they got Karris LeVert coming off the bench, Max strus is out.
Speaker 3: Like they got depth. I'm telling you, man, I like I like that team. I like the team. I like the fact that they they have energy. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Before when they played, it was like depending on Donovan Mitchell energy or depending on Darius energy, and there was no connective energy. These dudes got. They are like connected tissue out there.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Evan Mobley, You know I.
Speaker 2: Say glue right, like a super glue Like he's starting to become like their super glue guy obviously, Alan, you know, he's super talented and you know just uh, defensively smart, you know what I mean. And the way that the way Darius Garland is playing in compliment with Donovan Mitchell, Yes, in compliment you know, with Yang and the other dudes like they're they're they're playing both like league guards and they're taking the challenge to be that, you know what I mean, together, as opposed to like, oh I got it this game, I got it this game. Oh he's going that like they they are figuring this, figuring it out together, which is very critical, you know what I mean, for them to be to get to that next level. And to your point, when I when I sign a game against you guys, I was like, all right, well, you know this ain't really a real testament, you know what I mean to what the score was, But these dudes are really good, you know what I mean, really, yeah, in a real game is gonna be a really good game because they got so many offensive weapons. They got breakdown players, they got shooters, you know, they got guys who can play ice on one on one, and so I think they are they're dangerous because outside of a lot of teams, they have more guys who can if they have the ball with five seconds and they got the ball in the end, they can get their shot off. Like when you look at a lot of different teams. You know, you go through New York, you go through Philly, you go even Boston, right, you know, like you can't throw the ball to anybody on Boston and expected to get a shot with five seconds is going back to Jalen Brown, is going back to Tatum. But these dudes, they got a few dudes who can wiggle and get their own money, and.
Speaker 1: It changes things. It changes your defensive your defensive game playing. When you've got that many guys that can get to it, you know, you don't think Philly can be It's open from Philly before it even starts. And by the way, when you have the amount of talent that Philly has, you can always put some stuff together. But when when when the public take over the narrative of your team is hard.
Speaker 3: It's super hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard because now it ain't just about the game. Now you're dealing with all of these other things that you're depressed.
Speaker 3: It's a depressed energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, they they they in a tough spot, man, They in a tough spot because now everything Joel do, everything he say is going to be picked apart like and it just makes everything that much tougher.
Speaker 3: So now you so then you ask yourself to question.
Speaker 1: None of those guys and I repeat, none of them except Kyle Laurie, has ever done it. And so if you've never done it, and you got to deal with these things to try to do it. Yeah, it's one thing if you want a championship and you know, like, all right, we won a championship, and because we've won a championship, because we've won a championship, we now know that this is coming with it because of that, right, But they got to deal with stuff that and they ain't won no championship.
Speaker 3: So you don't know how to win a championship.
Speaker 1: And now you got to deal with all the extra curriculums and extra things that ends up coming with a team in the spotlight that's won a championship and y'all don't even know how to do it, and you got to do it with that weight on your shoulder, hard man, you know how to do it right, you know what, you know how to do it.
Speaker 2: They are the desperate housewives of basketball. They got so much drama going on. It's like, yeah, damn, you got you know. I mean you look at you know, you look at Kyle Lowry. He did it, you know what I mean. He trying to bring a championship pedigree. He probably you know, older. They got young guards. These dudes are way different than how Kyle Lowry came into the league. The dudes he had to pay, you know what I mean to even be a brand and to have a name, you know, and so they got it. You know, you look at Tyres MAXI, he's out, but he's like, to me, he could be a superstar. Paul George in and out hurt and be in and out hurt. They got so many injuries. But to your point, it ain't even that because they could just be off to a slow start. It's the energy of the media of what's going on with Joel of you know, I don't play back to backs, Oh I'm just trolling. All that shit is just unfocused energy. They have the most unfocused energy and I would say static like cloud around them right to where it's like Okay, we're gonna turn the Philadelphia seventy six ers into this year's Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 3: This is where all the drama is gonna exist.
Speaker 2: We don't know what's going on, you know what I mean, And so like we're not talking that, we're not talking about Philly about hooping.
Speaker 3: Yeah right now. True, you feel there's nothing coming out of Philly about hoop.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I'm gonna tell you something about that beat. That's a great point you made. I went through that last year, yep, but nothing about me, And it became this team was about basketball, it was about all the other shit.
Speaker 3: It's impossible to win that way. It is. It's impossible.
Speaker 2: It's a depression, you know what I mean, Because you know, like I'm watching y'all last year and I'm watching you last year, and it's like y'all trying to get out of a funk. But you know, frustration anytime you get to the custom doing something like ah shit, I ain't not got triggered, you know what I mean, And it's like that ain't even you you know what I mean. The cloud, it's the cloud.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's those little whispers, those secrets, the same thing you said was when Kurt says something to step or somebody somebody rolling their eyes, nobody's picking up on that because that.
Speaker 3: Cloud is hanging.
Speaker 2: So they can't they can't huddle and be like come on, guys, like forget what everybody else is saying. This is about us. Let's be as real and as honest as we can so we can go be the best on the court, you know what I mean. But they don't have a message. They don't have a message, they don't have a slogan, Like what what the.
Speaker 3: Hell is it? Like? What what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What's the theme for the season with Philly? You know what I mean? We don't know. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: So so you're saying Philly need to press the panic button.
Speaker 3: Correct, Absolutely, New York Knicks.
Speaker 1: Do they need to press the pan But fine, and they're gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And you know the Knicks is my squad, bro, You know, the Knicks is my squad. I think the problem with the Knicks, here's my issue with the Knicks. You went out and got Karl Anthony Towns, right, it's a difference, non difference in Julius random You figured out a you figured out the best way you played Thibodeau basketball was without Julius Randam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, has not been good in Minnesota, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's been trying to figure his space out. So I want people to know, like Karl Anthony Towns coming to New York does not guarantee anything. Julius Randall going to Minnesota's does not guarantee anything. These men have to move their families, move into the city, just like you said, do all this media and then figure out, like yo, where wait what happened to me? And then not only that, who am I? Who am I on this team? How do I fit into the offense the defense? Like you gotta like it's gonna be a learning process for New York and Cat. You have some high moments, some love moments, but I think he has to adjust, and Thibodeau got to adjust in the figuring out, Like the Julius Randall shit didn't work.
Speaker 3: That's like, yeah, I got rid of him.
Speaker 2: So if you got Carl Cat over here, like you gotta figure out how to play scrappy, playing fast and best mobilized Cat because he he had better weapon for you than Julius Randall. If you use him right, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's even less about Julius Randall though, and more about other guys. Obviously, Mitchell Robinson's out, he's the lost Hardenstein hard Stunahoma City. Neither one of those guys can walk on the same pavement that cat and walk on this basketball player. Get that, but it's everything, and what someone brings to a team is everything, And where the Knicks is going to struggle more I think with Kat than say, last year, Hey, they snuck up on people last year, nobody thought, now you're expected to be good. That's a different thing. But also where I think with Kat, you're worst defensively for sure, you know, and Jalen Brunson isn't a great defender, you know. So now what ends up happening is it's not so much that it's not so much that it's like, oh, well, Kat isn't as good of a defender as Hartenstein or as Mitchell Robinson.
Speaker 3: We get that, but it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It's not totally and solely that more so than you have one non defender.
Speaker 3: On the court.
Speaker 1: Out of five, Now you've got two non defenders.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When you start adding when you I wouldn't even say when you start compiling non defenders into one lineup, it makes a difference. It makes a huge difference. When you got to hide one guy, it's doable. When you got to hide two guys and three.
Speaker 2: Guys and they're your best player and they're your best players exactly, it's.
Speaker 3: Difference.
Speaker 1: I think that that's where the biggest struggle will be for this New York team is it's.
Speaker 3: Going to require O G.
Speaker 1: Mi Cal and Josh Hart is going to require them to be so good and fly around so much and try to cover so many things defensively that then you also didn't have to once they have to do that, you didn't have to make sure that Jalen and Cat's attitude towards the.
Speaker 2: Defensive end, yeah, they gotta They gotta take that challenge, bro.
Speaker 1: And not only do they have to take the challenge, but their attitude towards it can't be like oh whatever on that end, because if it is that way, the guys that are doing all of the work on that side of the ball gonna be like, man, fuck this guy, like you don't want to give me none on this like, and then you start to have these clashes and stuff, and so those are all just the little games within the game that people don't understand that you must know all of those things make.
Speaker 2: A difference, all right, j uh, you know, I gotta come with a little uh you know social media.
Speaker 3: It's chaining in social media. Uh you know.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brown called Yannis and child after Sunday.
Speaker 3: After the Buck Celtics came and.
Speaker 2: Basically Yanni's elbow jail. I don't know if you saw it in the face, and then yann inspake the handshake.
Speaker 1: Y'all is a big ass kid for real, man, I'm not saying it. I mean just by when you look at that, when you look at the video and Damian Lillard giving them the shoes, like most people that are with Nike would be like, I ain't getting to that, Like he's a singing sure fleet with that free shoes is free shoes, like.
Speaker 3: He's having I say that, I don't.
Speaker 1: Say that in a way like like Jalen was pissed, right, so he called him a child like man like I say that in a way of like like Bron Bron is a big ass kid, like people don't realize he's a big ass kid.
Speaker 3: Yannis to me, you know, he always give you this super serious and like ah. But like me, it seemed like he is a big as kid.
Speaker 1: Honestly, when you are that type of force, you kind of need some of that for guys to be cool following me because.
Speaker 3: Because they need something to relate to. Yep, you know what I'm saying. So that's that was my takeaway from it. I thought it was hey, bro, that was oh my god. But to me, it like a joke. I didn't take it as.
Speaker 2: Like, but he just cracked you like dog, what if he cracks you int the case with the elbow and he was like, all right.
Speaker 3: It's cool right now, it ain't cool. You would have been.
Speaker 1: You would have been, Yeah, I also get my elbows back.
Speaker 3: You would.
Speaker 2: You would have definitely you would have definitely elbowed him and did the same thing.
Speaker 3: Held my mom off the ground and do the same. Come on, man, it's fun though.
Speaker 2: I like this error, brocause I like what you know, like this era is like they hellok, playful, you know what I mean, But it's also like some seriousness to it, and it can start rivalries and beefs. Yeah, the littlest thing, you know what I mean like Jalen Brown wasn't playing, but Yannis wasn't playing, But Jannis don't care.
Speaker 3: M you know what I mean, because they compete and they don't like each other.
Speaker 2: So it shit just raise the intensity level, right you hearing dudes talk talk smack over Twitter and social media and then interviews. I like the podcast because people be maybe getting shut off they chest, but it also be setting them up for like, Okay, you're gonna have to see that dude again. What is it gonna be? You feel what I'm saying. So man, shout out to yannest. You know, I love y honest man. He's one of my son favorite players, and he is like the nicest dude in the world, you know what I mean. He's like one of the nicest dudes in the world, but he is a I like it because it's like, man, I elbowed you and I'm about to leave you hanging. So my teammates know, I get like like, I'm sorry, but I ain't sorry.
Speaker 3: I ain't sorry. I ain't trying to take you out, but I ain't really sorry.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: It's really not cool. It's like, are you okay? All right? Cool? You straight? All right? Cool.
Speaker 1: I rock with it, Manu. Like I said, you know, y'all his personality. I think it's great that he shows his personality. That's a part of becoming a superstar, which was one of my points about Yills Alexander. You have to give people something else other than just being a great basketball player that they can connect to and.
Speaker 3: Tell us how you move in the super's how you need him shot.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Yannis, man, he better figure it out over there because he's coach boy Brown.
Speaker 3: He coming for you, Yonnis.
Speaker 1: He about he about to be on his second coaching no matter of six months.
Speaker 3: If they don't figure it out fast, don't buy insurance from Doc rivers Bro.
Speaker 1: They better figure it off fast, because I tell you what, if they don't win some games here, soon they will be paying three coaches four because they still paying but you're still paying us.
Speaker 3: Soon they'll be still paying Doc and paying somebody else. The fast. They should just bring me in there to just sit down and monitor and be like, ah, man, this shit ain't gonna work. That ain't gonna right.
Speaker 2: Let me talk to the guys like come on, dude, you got players like that and you trying to coach him and what I mean, Dre, You know what I mean, like you, you coaching is putting your best players in the position to be the best players and everyone else who has a superpower or to be in a position to be a superstar and realize and maximize their superpowers. It's not about your coaching. And that's that's what Milwaukee is going through. They're just going through an identity crisis. It's like, I can't I don't know how to be honest. I don't know how to be dame and our damn show don't know how to be a Milwaukee Buck right now.
Speaker 1: Man, that is a fact, my brother. That is a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show with My doll BD.
Speaker 3: We appreciate y'all. Make sure you check this out.
Speaker 1: Subscribe where you get your podcast, Subscribe to the YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you. We love you till next time. That's a wrap the Draymond Green Show. Check us out.