Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, what's going on? How's it how's it hanging?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Pretty good, man. I was calling in to get some stuff off my chest. I believe you, and I am sorry. I'm a little bit nervous here.
Speaker 1: It's okay, man, it's okay. Tell me tell me what it is that you wanted to talk about today.
Speaker 3: Ah Man. So, I'm I'm addicted to the hookers, man, okay. And it's not just it's not just hookers, right, it's the idea of hitting it all, you know, Okay, Yeah, and I can and convincing them, you know, just some will, some won't, Some don't give a ship. Some are expensive, some are cheap, and it doesn't matter, you know. I'm just I'm I'm addicted to it, man.
Speaker 1: Okay. How how often are you seeing prostitutes?
Speaker 3: Man? As often as humanly possible, As long as I have the disposable income to do so, As long as my bills are paid pretty much, and foods in my mouth, pretty much, everything else is going to that become a hobby or a sport at this point.
Speaker 1: You know, how long have you been been doing this for?
Speaker 3: Ah man? So the whole doing it raw was in the past year or so, but I I've been seeing the hookers off and on for about six years now. For the most part, at first it was just the thrill of seeing a hooker, right, and then that wasn't enough anymore. The idea of being able to pay for something that you want without having to deal with the extra bullshit was fun to me, you know, a part of my language.
Speaker 1: Sorry m hm. And how often would you I know you said as often as you can, but like, you know, realistically, how often would you say you're you're visiting a prostitute?
Speaker 3: Anywhere between one to four times a week? Okay, it's almost never the same girl in the same state.
Speaker 1: How much money are you.
Speaker 3: This year alone? Probably about thirty to forty grand Okay.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, if we were to get into this here, what what kind of like need do you feel like you're trying to fill with these prostitutes.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you were to get into it, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: The excitement my day to day lacks, you know, because like I said, it's it's like a sport to me. It's something that excites me. When when it's somebody I've never met before, you know, it's a little stranger. It's that that that rush of meeting somebody new and doing the most primal thing a human being can do, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure I could. I mean there's definitely like a you know, uh, some kind of a novelty dopamine chasing thing going on, for sure.
Speaker 3: But I'm.
Speaker 1: Now, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you said that you're you're chasing some kind of excitement that you feel like is not present in your life, right yeah, yeah, okay, tell me about tell me about your life outside of uh, outside of outside of your prostitute addiction. What do you what do you do on a daily basis? What is your life like? Ah?
Speaker 3: Man, So i work by myself right day in day out. I'm all alone from you know, sun up to sundown, and I'm stuck with my thoughts of previous previous endeavors, previous actions, you know, and you know, I get a chance to think a lot, and I think that's what that's what drives me to it so much, right is I'm left alone with my thoughts so much, no human interaction throughout the day. I need that little bit of extra excitement. I guess maybe it's boredom or possibly even just my addictive personality, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, you know, I think one of the things that you know, sex provides is like time, is that it's a very as you were talking about, as a very primal in the moment thing. You know, when you're having sex and you're you know, focused on someone's body, your you know, thoughts kind of dissipate and your you know, in your in your sex brain, and you're very focused on one particular thing. Uh, and you know, there can be an attractive notion and you can and you know, you could really say that about a lot of addicting things.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you could say that about you know, drugs and alcohol and video games and you know anything that you know, we use to take our minds off of, you know, the thoughts that we're trying to avoid. Go ahead, I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: The crazy part is I was able to give up the rest of that stuff, right Like I used to be addicted to, you know, all sorts of different things. I was addicted to drugs, I was addicted to cigarettes, this, that and the other, and I gave it all up, you know, for a good long time. And I'm still clean and sober to this day, and this is just a recent thing. It was like as soon as I started making good money, it was like I needed to spend it as fast as humanly possible, you know, because I'd been so poor for so long. You know, I found just a really good paying job, and you know, I guess that's where it all started. Right now.
Speaker 1: Is there a is this fulfilling and a thing for you that is that is purely sexual, that is purely about, you know, achieving a sexual gratification or is there an element here of trying to satisfy, you know, a need for intimacy.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it's purely sexual, though I would say that it's a good portion. I mean, there is a bit of the intimacy factor that goes with it, you know, because like I said, I am alone all day blah blah blah, and you know, I'm alone from anywhere for a couple of weeks to a couple of months at a time when I'm working, So you know, it depends. But I would say a majority of it is the ideal of the primal just lizard brain in me, just I trying to copulate with as many female partners as humanly possible.
Speaker 1: M You said that you have like an addictive personality, so this is kind of like this, this kind of like excess and you know, never ending. You know, desire to be filled is something that's been like a constant throughout a lot of your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would say so. You know, it started out with you know, cigarettes when I was young, super young, probably I don't know, nine ten years old. Started with cigarettes, and then it was weed, and then it was drinking and weed. Then it was you know, coke and ecstasy, and next thing I know, I'm homeless under a bridge shooting Crystal mess. You know, Okay, I lost everything.
Speaker 1: I love h and you're you're not homeless currently. You said that you have a job and you're making money.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh yeah, I make well over six figures. Now. I've got my life together. I've got a nice place, I'm fully furnished. I'm almost never home, but you know, I mean I got a really nice place for when I do get a chance to go home that I get to enjoy. And even through all of this, I'm still able to save money and set it aside to to be able to to save up and try and you know, do something for the future, investments, get a house, et cetera, et cetera. So that's.
Speaker 1: No, guy, go ahead. I wanted you to finish since.
Speaker 3: I guess that's the part that's what's making it so hard, right is I'm still able to manage everything on my day to day right, Like, it's not fucking up my life in any way, except for the fact that I caught chlamittee twice yeah this year, which is at the end of the day, not that big a deal. You take a couple of antibiotics and you're okay in a week, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, So that was So that kind of leads into the question I was going to ask you, which is like, okay, so you have this you know, addiction to to seeing prostitutes. And it's a dude, it's a difficult thing when you have an addiction of some kind or a problem of some kind, but you don't but yet you're able to be functional and you know, you're you're making money, and you're you know, have all these aspects of your life that are going well. In spy of this problem that you have. It makes it really easy to go well, if all these other aspects of my life are going, well, is this problem even really a problem? And then that that, you know, kind of demotivates you in your uh, you know, desire to fix it. So I want to know, you know, from you, if you had to really think about it, and you know you called in to me and you wanted to talk about this, and you know you I can tell that you're identifying this as as a problem. What to you are the ways in which this is this is negatively impacting you.
Speaker 3: Ah, Man, I find myself putting me or I find I'm putting myself in risky positions even though I'm making good money right now, right like technically, hiring an escort or prostitute is illegal at the end of the day, right like that that could end up costing me my job. And it's it could, you know, it more than likely won't because of how safe I am. But you do anything enough, eventually you will get caught, you know. And it's one of those things. It's not it's not sustainable, right because one day I will make the wrong decision, right, one day I'll hook up with the wrong girl and maybe just maybe probably won't, but maybe I'll catch something that's incurable. But as it sits right now, with medical advances, if you take the right medicines, you can get vaccinated for almost every STD minus whoamydia, gone rhea and hepatitis C and uh, what is it? And well you you can you can take a pill to prevent HIV. Actually, as long as you're not sharing needles with somebody, you can take a pill day in and day out. And I've been on that pill this whole time.
Speaker 1: So okay, you've been on It's so. So things are okay.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You haven't caught in any serious diseases, you haven't lost your job, you still have a nice place, you're still saving enough, it's not destroying you financially. But in your mind you're aware of the fact that this is not going to be sustainable forever, and that if you don't fix the issue now, you know that you're gonna wind up into some trouble later.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So what if anything, what if anything have you done to try to mitigate this or to try to fix this issue. It's okay if the answer is nothing.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily nothing. I've tried to bury myself in work so I have less less time to be alone with my thoughts. Yeah, but all that does is make things worse because then I have more disposable income.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about this real quick. Let's talk about this real quick. I'm sorry to cut you off, but it sounds like and I'm not a real therapist. I'm playing armchair therapy here, but I'm just kind of, you know, going with you about what I'm observing is like, you know, when you're like addicted to shit and you're looking for things to take away from your thoughts. It's like, well, Okay, I was into weed, and I was into crystal meth and all these things to like get away, and now prostitutes is my thing to get away from my thoughts. And now I'm gonna, you know, dive really deep into my work to get away from prostitutes. Uh, to not be just just it's it's all of it becomes this way to get away from as you keep bringing up being alone with your own thoughts and uh, it's it's like a game of fucking whack a mole or something where you're just keeping substituting various things to get away from your own thoughts, which is a natural thing to do. I don't you know, you know, you don't have to, You don't have to be a crystal meth addict to be, you know, getting away from your thoughts. I think getting away from your your your thoughts is something that everyone tries to do, and I think there are very pious, healthy slash unhealthy ways of doing it. But yo, let's explore this for a second. What about your thoughts is so terrible that you need to get away from them so badly?
Speaker 3: Damn, I haven't even thought about that and so long. If I were to be honest, I guess I sit there and replay specific events in my life that have negatively impacted me. Specifically, when I was real young, when bitcoin was first coming around, I really wanted to invest I had about three thousand dollars I wanted to invest in in bitcoin, way back when my family was like no, no, no, save that for college, save that for college. I went to college and I dropped out almost immediately. I went to two semesters. I spent that or I went to one semester. I spent that three grand on that one semester, and then I never went back. I got good grades, I just I didn't have the funds to be able to facilitate something like that at the time without a full ride scholarship. I was smart enough and I was dedicated enough. I just the money wasn't there, and so that was something I never pursued.
Speaker 1: So if I can stop you for just a second, So in general, these thoughts that you're getting away from, would you say, would it be fair to say that a lot of these thoughts that you're trying to get away from are comprised of ruminations on past mistakes, and that those ruminations are painful for you?
Speaker 3: I would say a vast majority of it would be okay. And it doesn't have to be a major mistake either, right, Like, even if it's something as minor, as like I fucked up putting a one instead of a two in this place when I was doing you know, when I when I was filling out a piece of paperwork, you know, like even the.
Speaker 1: Most but but the right right, right, and and and and you know, forget about the degree of the mistakes, but just in general mistakes, ways that you fucked up in the past. Yeah, you know, be they writing your name, misspelling your name on a fucking tax form, or you know, ruining a relationship or whatever it is. It's just ruminations on mistakes that you've made, right, Okay. So this is a long, complicated, real therapy question here, and I don't know if you have an answer for it, but let's talk about it. Why are you having such a hard time letting this shit go? Why can't you just let it go?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 3: Because if if I had made the big one that stems from it, is if I had made that one little decision when I was real young, when I was like thirteen, fourteen years old, okay, I would be so well off right now, all right, I'd be living like Donald Trump, and I wouldn't have to work for anything. I'd be, you know, thirty retired, traveling around the world doing whatever I wanted day in and day out. And I would still have, you know, I'd be able to do basically whatever I want, live like a rapper essentially what society?
Speaker 1: Jerry, do you really believe that you believe that society wants you to live like a rapper? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I don't, but you know that that's you know, you would be James Bond if you wanted to, if you just had enough money, right, like that's what society.
Speaker 1: Jay Jerry, Jerry, I have a few things to say. Yeah, you can't, especially if it's something when you are thirteen. You can't let regret like regret like your regret is it is completely fucking you. Right now, You're like, it's just completely fucking you. Your regret is like tunnel visioning you away from all the infinite possibilities of the universe that you could be pursuing if you weren't focused on the regret. Know, I think I think you could benefit from instead of thinking about what you don't have as a result of you know, decisions that you you you made that that maybe didn't work out. You know, you could think about all everything you have now, right. I mean, you told me that you were on the street. You told me that you were under a bridge smoking crystal math. Is that true? You're under a bridge smoking crystal math?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little over three years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you were under you were under a bridge smoking crystal math. And now you have a job that gives you six figures, and you have an apartment, you have a you have such a great you're working off of such a great base. You're working off of such a great base for your life and instead of you know, appreciating the position that you're currently in and and ideating on what you can do now from here, from where you actually are, like living in reality which is great reality, You don't live in it. You live in a great reality. Like how often do you really think about that you live in a great reality? You have a great base to work off of, and to sit there and regret that you didn't make the right decision when you were fourteen and that you know you're not living like a ramper now, it's such a such a mistake, Jared, It's such a mistake. Yeah, And you could if you like, shifted your perspective to be thinking about instead of what you don't have, what you do have and how you can work off of that, you you could just be so much more excited about life and so much more excited about the future. And I, I guess, I don't know. I want I like to see, uh, think about that more instead of thinking about what you don't have, because you have such a great base off of which to work.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for what I do have, and I've worked very hard to get myself.
Speaker 1: So just so just give it up, man, give give I don't I don't know how, I don't know. I don't know how best to tell you this or how best to and it's an easier you know, I'm I'm sitting here from an outside perspective, and everything's always easier said than done. But I mean, fuck, fuck, Jerry, just give it up, man, give up the part. What are you doing, you know, being so upset about the past and what could have been? You know, I've had times in my life where I've I've regretted decisions that I that I you know, could have made that would have, you know, set me off better financially or set me off, you know, better in my career, in my life. But what the fuck is there possibly to be gained in doing that? So, I mean, I don't know how to better tell you this than just just to give it up. You know, what are you what are you holding on to it for? It's serving you? It's literally just serving you no purpose?
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely right.
Speaker 1: And so if you gave it up and then all of a sudden you made you alone with your thoughts to be an exciting place, you know, if your thoughts were optimistic. If your thoughts were you know, exciting to you, and you actually liked your thoughts, maybe it wouldn't suck so much to be alone with them, and then that would have a ripple effect, and then you wouldn't you know, wanna wanna you know, lose yourself and prostitutes or or in work, or in or in whatever it is. You know, if you made your thoughts a better place to be, and I think making your thoughts a better place to be, We'll begin with you, you know, giving up any regrets of the past, because you really need to look at them in the face and understand just how little they are serving you and just how much they are holding you back, and how much you know you're you're making it worse by by carrying all that shit around instead of you know, operating off of the base that you that you currently have, which is a really great one, you know. And I hope that after this conversation that you feel compelled to do all of those things and that you you know, change your mind to be more excited, because I think that'll unlock a lot for you, because if you were able to get yourself, if you're you know, you know what you're telling me is is really is your story, and that you were you know, went from fucking being homeless, smoking methander or bridge to uh, you know, having a job with six figures and living in a nice place. Then you know, I know that I know about you from that that you can really do some shit. You know, you really have the power to make great changes in your life. You've done it before, and you really have the power to you know, take hold of yourself and you know, drag yourself in the direction that you want to. You've done it before. You did an amazing thing you really did by doing that, And so if you've picked yourself up before, I think you can do it again. But before you do that, you have to let go of all the shit that's that's holding you back from the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're right. I appreciate that. Man. Some I guess sometimes you really need an outside perspective to really put your thoughts in place, you know, because this is something I've been dwelling on for months and months and months, and it's not necessarily driven me to insanity, but I mean, you know, the definition of insanity at the end of the day, it's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Speaker 1: Right, Jerry, I wish you good luck and I hope that you're able to, you know, let all of these things. And I I think you have a track record of being able to help yourself pretty well, and I think that that will continue, and I think that you'll be able to find yourself in a good place if you can give up you know, the regrets you have in the past. Is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or you know, any aspect of this that you wanted to clear up before we go?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man, if you are out there struggling with additions and you're one of the few people, or you're one of the people millions around the world that are struggling with addictions, don't be afraid to ask for help and to try and pull yourself out of that position. It'll be one of the best decisions you've ever made. I might be struggling with my addiction again now, but there was a time where I was more healthy than I am now, and that's okay. Being sick is okay if you're struggling. But the first thing you need to do is finally be able to realize what I'm doing is unhealthy and how do I fix it, and to talk to other people, those of you who are struggling out there, considered going to twelve Steps. I've been through it, and I've been away from it for so long, and I think that's another reason that I've started to lead my unhealthy life again. And I just want to say thank you for listening, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing Jerry. You know, it takes a lot to you know, be open and honest on a public forum, so we appreciate it, and I'm sure people listening appreciate it. Thank you for calling man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have a good life.
Speaker 1: Take care brother. You know it's interesting every time, you know, I get into something like this, I always think about how it's manifesting in my own life, and I'm thinking about, like, you know, I think the best mindset, you know, you could really have is is like, Okay, what now? What can I do with? Like, like, what can I do with where I'm at now? You know what? Now is a great mindset to have because it's not stuck in the past, not stuck on some shit that you can't control. It's a very high locus of control mindset, and you don't thinking about how that's manifesting in my own life, and talking to Joey kind of made me think about, like how I can better center myself and collect myself with an energy of you know, what have I got right now? And how is it better than you know, maybe where I was in the past, and how can I work off of that foundation. So I'm going to think about that myself. I'm going to think about that myself. Thank you again Jerry for sharing. Hello. Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 4: By name is Sarah. I'm from Germany, twenty four years old. I'm a dentist, actually becoming a dentist in February.
Speaker 1: Sarah, what's going on with you? How's life?
Speaker 4: The problem is my boyfriend is a YouTuber. He has he has multiple channels going on. He has over five million.
Speaker 5: Subscribers, and he've made.
Speaker 4: A lot of money till today. The problem is, since two weeks he've started to think about YouTube automation and like going out there, putting himself out there, presenting himself in order to like coach people, you know, like like give courses online or like networking, meeting up with people. But this is something that I'm totally against it. I don't believe that a man should be presenting himself on Instagram at first place. And yeah, like he already made a lot of money. I don't I don't see any reason for him.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 4: And I basically think that like he's seeking the attention and I'm not someone that's that's gonna cope with him, like that's gonna cope with like the whole situation, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me let me I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding this, so let me kind of get this straight here. So your boyfriend is a YouTuber. What kind of videos does he make?
Speaker 4: Exactly? He makes like true crime videos, like extreme videos, this kind of thing. But his main focus is on true crime.
Speaker 1: Okay. So your boy from extrue crime videos on YouTube and he is teaching YouTube automation courses. What is that.
Speaker 4: He wants to do that YouTube automation basically means YouTube coaching, like for example, for people who are starting a channel, how you should work on a channel and this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he wants to be a YouTube coach? Okay, and exactly where where lies in your problem with this.
Speaker 4: In order for him to do that, he needs to present himself on Instagram to show that he's successful, to show that he's made a lot of money with YouTube. And I don't really think that this is necessary, you know, because like I'm also making a lot of money, and I think we can have a great life together in the age of twenty four and there is like no need for that. But we had like serious problems about him wanting to do that. So I don't know if I'm selfish not wanting him to do that, or or I just should I just should be coping with it.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm having a really hard time understanding why exactly you're upset by your boyfriend presenting himself in a certain way on Instagram to uh, you know, show that he is qualified to coach other people on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Let me put it this way, in order for people to buy his courses, he needs to, for example, post picture with a lot of amazing cars, get get in touch with like a lot of women out there. And I think this is this is this is my biggest issue, you know, Like I love myself, I am confident, but I just I just don't think that's just this is needed. Like we are together since two years, We've been traveling the whole two years. If I'm being honest with you, and I love the freedom that we have. And if he ever starts doing that, he would be restricted to stay somewhere to coach people, and he wouldn't be having the freedom that we have now. But I've done everything in my life in order to have this freedom, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wouldn't if he was coaching people on YouTube, wouldn't he be coaching people remotely?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I didn't understand you.
Speaker 1: If he was coaching people on YouTube, wouldn't he be coaching them remotely?
Speaker 4: And he would he would need to meet up with them and also get in calls with them, like weekly, for example, five times a week, you know, and he also needs to meet up with them. So we wouldn't be able to travel all around the world. For example, I'm from Germany, he's from United Kingdom, and you know, like it's gonna be it's gonna be a little tough to manage that.
Speaker 1: Okay, where are you guys at currently? Are you in Germany? Both of you guys?
Speaker 4: We are If we are currently in Germany, I'm I'm Vorking. I'm working with my cousin in Germany, so he's actually in my city now, but we are in a hotel and like as he always do. But whatever, if he ever starts doing what he want to do, we would be restricted to either be separated or me leaving my life behind completely and move to the United Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Okay, so listen, I'm not going to tell you whether or you should break up with your boyfriend, obviously, but if your boyfriend has something I think you know, everyone has different everyone has different philosophies on relationship. You know, some people believe that if you really want to make relationship work, you you sacrifice things that you want to do to make the other person happy and to make the relationship work. And other people believe that, you know, you should do what it is that you want to do with your life and ideally find a relationship where the relationship works around the people's lives, not the people's lives working around the relationship. And you know, I'm not going to say which of those two schools of thought is better, because that's a subjective thing.
Speaker 4: I know, I appreciate that, but I would I would love to know from your side of you. Is it toxic from me not wanting him to do that?
Speaker 1: I think ideally, if you really love this guy, I'll get sure you know it's it's a subjective thing, and I will give you my subjective opinion. If you really love this guy and you really want him to be happy and to live his best life, I think that you should encourage him to do whatever it is he wants to do in his business. Now you are claiming that if you were to stay in this relationship. You are claiming that you like your freedom and that you want to be able to travel, yeah, and do all these things. And your feeling as though if your boyfriends were to take on this new endeavor and you wanted to stay with him, it would prevent you from doing what you want to do. And listen, if your boyfriend really loves you, he would want you to not feel restricted and to want to do whatever you want to do. And if there is a point of ten there where both of you guys pursuing what you want to do would be incompatible with you guys being in a relationship together, you know that's something to really think about. Yeah, right, because that would be the school of thought of you know, wanting to have a relationship that works around your life as opposed to a life that works around a relationship. And if you're asking me again, I don't think that either one is the right one. If you're asking me my personal philosophy, I definitely think that two people's lives. Relationships should work around people's lives as opposed to people's lives working around relationships. That's how I feel. And so if you feel as though the life that you want to live is incompatible in this relationship, that's something to think about and you know, make a decision according to where those thoughts guide you. If that makes any sense. Did that make sense?
Speaker 4: True? It's does, it does. It's just it's just pretty difficult to me, because like I don't want to be toxic, but I also like you. If I'm being completely honest with you and just like completely close my eyes on the YouTube thing. I also don't see a reason for a man be be just on Instagram if I'm being honest with you, Like, I do believe that like men out there shouldn't be on Instagram the way the way my dad isn't, you know, Like, like I'm basically from Iran, I'm living in Germany, science twelve years and I just have I just have like other values.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, listen here, here's here's what I think about the question of are you toxic for not wanting your boyfriend to be on Instagram. I think if you have certain value listen, have whatever values you're gonna have. I don't think it's toxic to have. I don't think it's toxic to have certain values. But at a certain point, I don't think it's ideal for you to be enforcing your personal values on other people. Right, So if you don't, if you have values that are like I don't want my boyfriend to be on Instagram, you know, then go find yourself a boyfriend who is not on Instagram, right, don't find a guy who is on Instagram and try to convince them to get off.
Speaker 4: I mean, he wasn't on Instagram. I mean, and I got to know him. He had a private page. I mean, he still do have a private page. Nobody knows him. He never shows his face, and like these things are coming up, finds like a week which is caused by a friend of him who mentioned all of this stuff, like for to reach his goals, to make her own three hundred K a month and blah blah blah blah blah, which we do not really need because we're both making money. Like I work and I'm also dentists. He's already been working, he has savings, you know, like I just it just doesn't make sense to me in the end of the day.
Speaker 1: You know, well, Sarah, I I'll say this before we go. I think it's okay for you to have certain values, whatever they are, right. You know, I would never tell you how to think or what to feel. But I think that, like I said, having values and having values and imposing values upon others are two different things. And I think when you start to impose your values onto other people and try to dictate other people to live by your values is when it becomes a problem. And so I think you should if And also I think people change, right, So maybe when you got into this relationship with this guy, you guys had similar values and then as time went on, your value started to shift. And I don't think that that's a horrible tragic thing, but you guys should, you know, have an open and honest conversation about what it is that you value and see if you're still on the right track. And if you're seeing a lot of dissonance in each other's values and you're seeing that your lives are no longer compatible with this relationship, then you know you should you should think about that. That's what I'll say about this.
Speaker 4: True that that makes sense, I guess. I guess I just need to have a like more clear conversation with him and just and just tell him how I feel about it all and if it would work or or or if not right and.
Speaker 1: To that degree. And I'll uh to that degree. Like, you can't. You can't change him. You can't when you're asking it's a toxic. You can't force him to not have an Instagram. You can't. You can't. You can't force him theme Instagram. You can't dictate how he's going to act, But you can look at how he is and how he's acting and what he's choices he's deciding to make in life and decide for yourself that those choices and whatnot don't align with your values, and then make the decision to terminate the relationship. That's within your control, right, that's you controlling your own actions. But you can't impose your values upon to him. That's what I'll say. You're right, Sarah. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or any other aspect of this that you wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: No, I'm really grateful for your advices, and I will be thinking about him, and.
Speaker 5: For sure I will talk to him about it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Thank you so much for your time. I enjoyed my time also a lot awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for calling Sarah.
Speaker 4: Ah bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: There's an interesting one because uh, you know, I don't know. I guess I could just reiterate what I said, which is like, you know, look, if you okay, if you have a certain I don't really care what people believe. I really don't. I don't care if people want to believe things that I think are unreasonable. I kind of don't. I really do feel like people should be entitled to believe or value whatever they want, even if it's like, by my opinion, crazy or unreasonable. People can value whatever they want in life. Again, the chief issue becomes when they try to impose their values upon others. That's where like a lot of I'm gonna get whatever here, but That's where like human conflict comes into play, right, Like there's a there's a general belief I think that most people have that you can do and think and say and feel however it is you want in this world, as long as you are not affecting other people or imposing that upon other people. And you know, I hope, I hope that Sarah makes the right decision that that you know, results in the maximum happiness for both her and her her boyfriend. Hi am I live. We're alive. Oh hello, Katie? What's going on with you? How can I get you today? Hi?
Speaker 2: I am calling because I have this. I have this weird thing. I mean, I don't know if it's weird, but I am obsessed with nine to eleven. And it's not like an ironic thing. I genuinely am like super interested in it. But people in my life think I'm making a joke of it, and I'm completely serious. I got an issue of The New York Post from September twelfth for Christmas, and I am dead serious about it. I know everything there is to know any trivia, I know the answer, and people think that I am being ironic and I'm not.
Speaker 1: You got a copy of the New York Post for Christmas? What was like like it was a copy of the New York Post, like on nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: It's from September twelve, says active war World Trade Center destroyed many dead. It's from September and twelfth, September twelfth.
Speaker 1: Yes, who gave it to you?
Speaker 2: My boyfriend?
Speaker 1: So your boyfriend? Oh oh go ahead? Oh no.
Speaker 2: A lot of people think I'm being like silly about it and I'm making a joke of it, and I seriously, it's like a serious interest for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, an obsession with nine to eleven. It sounds pretty similar to like, you know, people's obsessions with World War II history and the Civil War and other kinds of macabre events. I think the difference between that and yours is simply that, uh, you know, nine to eleven is more recent. But I mean people have had obsessions with, you know, tragic historical events, you know, forever. People get so obsessed with them that they write books about them and become historians.
Speaker 2: And I've read all of those books. Just to be clear, I've read like every book there has been written about nine to eleven. And I was also alive for it. And I remember it.
Speaker 1: So, so you think people think that you're just like reading books about nine to eleven as a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they think I'm being like.
Speaker 5: Passee about it.
Speaker 2: I think they think that I am like making a meme of it.
Speaker 1: That would be this. This would be a lot of research and investigation for a.
Speaker 2: Meme, yeah exactly. And I think that I don't know, like because it has become kind of like an ironic thing, especially in the wake of like post ironic like meme culture and all.
Speaker 1: True, it's been a little memified.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. But like I have been interested in this for a long time, and I think, I don't know, people have kind of come at me about it like that I'm being insensitive. So I don't really know how to navigate my interest in it with the kind of modern culture of the interest and the kind of meme shit. You know.
Speaker 1: I had a phase for a little bit every now and then where I've become obsessed with.
Speaker 2: Columbine Yes, been there, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Or like shootings and stuff. I think everyone has that like this, this this I don't know where it comes from.
Speaker 2: This dark like the morbid curiosity, yes.
Speaker 1: The morbid people. The more of a curiosities. What was I going to say here? Uh? Why why nine eleven? Why are you so obsessed with nine to eleven?
Speaker 2: Because nine to eleven changed the trajectory of history forever. I think that nine to eleven was this like huge point in modern history where like nothing will ever be the same again. And I think about like I mean, I think a lot of my interests, it's not just about the day, it's about like the effects that home where I live. I live in Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 1: A lot of it is about who are you with?
Speaker 2: I live in Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 1: Nod who are you with?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm with my friend.
Speaker 1: Okay. Somebody in the chat said, this isn't funny, And it's funny. It's you are getting where it's comes from exactly. Not not a single neither of us have been trying to be funny. And yet yeah, well I've just experienced firsthand what you're talking about. And yet people think that you're trying to be funny, which is you know, it's just fucked up with them, right.
Speaker 2: I think that probably the people who are saying that weren't alive for it.
Speaker 1: I'm tell me this, tell me this, tell me this. Yeah, was nine to eleven and inside job?
Speaker 2: No, okay, So this is a very loaded question, and it's when I get a lot because my exception, my obsession with it kind of warrants the question. I believe that nine to eleven was an act of negligence on the part of the US government. I think that the nineteen ninety what was it, nineteen ninety two attack on the World Trade Center was a huge foreshadowing. I think that it wasn't on part of George Bush, but I think that it was very much preventable. So that's my opinion on it.
Speaker 1: Do you think the negligence was intentional?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I think.
Speaker 1: That we se sorry so, But would intentional negligence be and didn't make it an inside job?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think that it was just because we felt invincible as a government. I think that our country felt our government and our political system felt invincible, and we felt like it was a minor threat when in reality there were like so many red flags. But I digress is your friend.
Speaker 1: Is your friend? Uh uh? Into nine to eleven?
Speaker 2: She supports me in my interest. Yes, I was just showing her my New York Post issue that I got for Christmas, so she's she's down with it. It's mainly just kind of side characters in my life who think that I'm making a joke out of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, look, it is a little bit funny that your boyfriend gave you a newspaper about nine to eleven for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, he he gets me. What can I say, kind of.
Speaker 1: Kind of romantic, kind of romantic, Yeah, in a in a weird way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He loves you so much, he accepts your interests so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he you know, it took a lot of work to get him to understand because it was like everyone else like he good. Well yeah, I mean it took a lot of work to get him to understand that it was not this ironic thing.
Speaker 1: So did he Uh how much did that cost? I feel like that would be kind of worth a lot.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but it's definitely an original copy. He said he got it from eBay. It smells old.
Speaker 1: There's some fucking guy on eBay just like making a killing off of like selling and trading nine to eleven themed memorabilia.
Speaker 2: I mean, as he should. There's there's a market for it, and it's me. I mean, I don't know. Apparently apparently, yeah, but it's unfortunate that people think I'm making a joke out of it. So that's that's my problem. I'm not laughing.
Speaker 1: Does any part of you hope that there's a second nine to eleven so that you have things to read about?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I am a pacifist, I do not. I mean, I know, okay, I I have a level of empathy with the position that, uh, you know, I don't want to get too into it, but I have a position of empathy about why it happened. But I do not ever wish violence on anybody. So that's where I stand on that. I just hope people can appreciate my perspective and my interest without thinking that I'm being uh, you know, passive and U silly about it.
Speaker 1: Well, good, good, all right. Final question, do you think there will be another nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: In the near future? I don't think so. I mean, I guess that question boils down to what would the equivalent be. I don't know how to answer that, but as of right now, I mean, the war is technically over, I don't know, but obviously there's all this other conflicts, so I can't predict that, but I don't think so in the near future, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would know crazy if there was another nine to eleven and it happened on nine to eleven. I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy, but if that happened, I would probably start to dig into it.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean that would be iconic. I can't lie. I mean not in a good way, but not in a good way.
Speaker 1: But you know, no, well we can end on that. Katie, Thank you very much for calling. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: No, I just want to say that it's a serious interest and I know everything there is to know. I feel I believe, and yeah, I don't think it's an inside job. I think it's an act of negligence. So that's all I have to say.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling, Katie.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean it would be kind of iconic. It goes on the line, thank you. So every night everything kept goes to and to right of teaching.
Speaker 3: New Houses of your life.
Speaker 1: But he's not really an expert