Speaker 1: What's good.
Speaker 2: Command is family and welcome in to next man, but a very special version of next man up because we brought one of our brothers, Hole Noah Ignagni's in the building.
Speaker 1: Just put pen to paper.
Speaker 2: First thing, first brother, congratulations of coming back to the burgerdy and feel.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling blast man. It's great. It's great to be back.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see what the future holds for this team.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Men, We're excited to have you, man, because what a season you had. You were part of one of the better secondaries in the NFL.
Speaker 1: When that happens, a lot of times, you get other suitors, you get other places that may want you. What made you decide to come back this.
Speaker 4: Way, honestly, just just a leadership the coaches. You know how we were being led, you know as a team, you know, as players. And I felt like these coaches did a really good job of leading us as men, and and it showed on the field. You know a lot of people said and like didn't say what we were gonna do this year, said what we was gonna do this year? And you know, and I feel like we exceeded all expectations, honestly, and all the work was put in here, you know, behind the scenes and the meeting rooms. My bad, but you know, so that was a anything for me, just just the coaches and the players, the bond that we have as a team, you know. So you don't get that too many places. So I'm glad to be back and get to be a part of it again.
Speaker 2: Can you give us more in depth detail on what specifically makes the leadership here so effective, because that was one thing that we've talked to every single person about it. Talked about brotherhood, talks about family. Well, this was DQ's first time in the building. He was new, just like the rest of you guys. How was it so effective so quickly?
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, it's one thing to be a leader, and it's crazy. I was reading this book you know, this morning about leadership, and you know, just because you have a leadership role or a title doesn't mean you're a leader, you know. And so I feel like we have a lot of coaches who are in leadership roles who are actually good teachers, good leaders, you know, good men themselves, you know, and so and it shows, you know, because I feel like if you're not, you know, it's also going to show in the way you lead. And so, like I said, I feel like the players itself showed, you know, the coaching staff, you know, they might not have been talked about that much last year, you know, but even dq know him coming from you know him previous experience head coaching, like he's he's doing he's done this before. You know, he's led before. And you know, and me being with him in Dallas as well, I saw that aspect of him as well as he's just a good teacher man. And he brought other good teachers with him, and you know they're able to teach us, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and in the show, So, how does.
Speaker 2: A environment like this teach you how to be a better leader? Because I think it's dope. First of all, you gotta let us know what that book is, man, you know, we gotta know. But the fact that you're it sounds like you're working on being a better leader. You understand how valuable that is. How has this environment helped hone.
Speaker 4: That just just last year for me, it was as a career defining a year for me. It changed my whole aspect of life about like what I could do as a player, And it started here Man started in Oka's last year around this time, and it was a built process.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: My confidence just kept getting hired and high as the season kept going, and it showed, you know, at the end of the year, I think we were like the third ranked you know, yes, sir dB rooming in the whole league as far as passing, you know. So, I mean that's that's a huge deal, you know. And I remember at the beginning of the season, we won't rank that high, you know, And so just the fact that to see us grow and and and change into that, you know, I really saw, you know, what good leadership can do, you know. So it pushed me even myself. You know, I just got mayriored, you know recently, So I just stepped into a leadership role is that as well? You know, But even before that, just leading my family. I'm the oldest of three, you know, so being a big brother, so I've always kind of been a leader in that way too. So like just just all around, like what God is doing in my life right now is truly amazing. So I had to come back here, you know. I just I'm because one number one God told me to as well. So it just I'm excited to be back.
Speaker 1: Man. Man, God is good, sir.
Speaker 2: And you said career defining season, that's what it was for you last year? What about the season was career defining? And then second part of that question, define where you're at in your career right now?
Speaker 4: For us, I feel like it was a stepping zone in the right direction. You know, coming from Miami, coming from Dallas, wasn't really playing that much, you know, so honestly, my confidence wasn't really you know, that high as a player, you know, so just coming here last year and everything was just worked, everything was earned, and you know, so and being in Dallas and practicing and being in the system, you know, I got to learn the system of course, so you know, I had a head start when I came up here in the summer last year. So just going through that whole process and the season going how it was, And like I said, I mean we talked in the season. Yeah, I didn't know how the season was gonna go. I didn't know exactly how things were gonna turn out. But you know, I kept my faith, I kept my head down, kept working, and you man, I felt like it was one of the best seasons. Definitely my best season. Ever, you know, I played a lot, started a lot of games, you know, for these amazing coaches and stuff like that. So I'm glad they were even trusted me to even do that, you know. So like I'm honored to be back as well and see a lot of new faces when I walk into the building and see a lot of the same faces as well, you know. So yeah, man, I'm excited to see, you know, with the future has man.
Speaker 1: And you earned it.
Speaker 2: You earned your spot, you talk without those new faces in the building. We brought on some new guys adding to an already potent defensive back when we've lost a few guys as well. How excited are you to see what these new guys can bring. You got a Jonathan Jones, you got a Will Harris, man some real dogs they've sat here as well. How excited are you to see how you guys can all work together and build that comrade.
Speaker 1: Re up back again.
Speaker 4: I'm super excited. Just like last year, everyone was new, you know, new faces and all that. So we're gonna get to do it again, you know. So got some new faces like Jonathan Throne, Jonathan Jones, Will Harris. You know, Jonathan's for like went to Auburn. You know, I went to Arburn too, you know, so you got to hate a connection there too. So it's gonna be decided just to talk to him. And you know, I mean he's experienced too, you know, he started two you know, went to Super Bowl. You know, he's played a lot, played a lot of ball man, been successful at a lot of places, you know. So I'm on to just you know, be in the room with him kind of we was talking about like a lot of more in the season stuff like that. It's kind of the same thing, you know. So I'm want to just you know, still be kind of young and be able to learn from those guys as well, you know, so because I feel that's another part of the leadership is being able to learn as well, humble yourself, you know, and not being you know too like over dramatic by everything all the time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, man, So I'm excited to see you know, him and you know, Will Harris and see you know, what we can all do together, you know, and what we can create together.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and this time around is different because last year you're still trying to figure things out, Like you said, right, you didn't know what your role would be when now you're coming in this second year, They've shown you they want to keep you here, They've brought you back. That's kind of different than what you've dealt with in your career. What do you think your role would be now? And do you feel that the approach to this offseason is a little different now that you're in this scenario.
Speaker 4: I do, and but one of the main things for me last year, you know, I talked to these coaches, you know, the opportunity was always there. The first thing when I talked to you know, my coach, you know, Jason Simmons, he said, you know you're gonna you're gonna get to dictate, you know, what your role is. You know, that's the thing I like, you know about being here, is that they let you dictate your role. So you like, whatever you decide you want to do, whatever you work towards and you get and you earn as a player, that's what you're gonna get, you know. So I'm excited to get to do that over again. And of course with more experience played all last year, you know, so I know more, you know, my third year in the system as well, you know, so I'm excited to see you know what God, you know can do honesty, And I'm just a vessel man. So you know, I'm just putting the work in now back in Atlanta, Georgia, you know. So I'm gonna come back ready in April twenty first, and you know, let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: Man. It seems like DQ and Joe wit Jr.
Speaker 2: Have a very specific type of player they want on their defense, somebody that is extremely versatile. We saw you line up outside, we saw you line up inside and find success in both. Where are you more comfortable lat if you could say.
Speaker 4: I'm honestly comfortable wherever they want me. You know, I can play outside, I can play inside.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Of course I play more inside last year and it was new for me, but it was exciting and I feel like I found a home there as well. But you know I want to go back outside too. I won't be able to play both of you know, that's a possibility, you know, but you know, all that has to be earned, and you know there's gonna be a time for that to happen and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I'll be ready, and you.
Speaker 2: Talk about all of that has to be earned. I know you, man, you're a work ethic kind of guy. What are those things that you have been working on and that you look forward to working on this offseason to better hone that game and allow you to be able to go from inside to outside to anywhere on the field.
Speaker 4: I would say, you know, I'm already fast, but of course, just just keeping the same, like being consistent, you know, not taking too much of a break off, you know, keeping like your speed work, your strengths and your strength training, your dB work, your drills and all that stuff, all the little fundamentals because you know, when you get here, your coaches are gonna teach you, you know, their way, You're gonna learn the system and stuff like that. But I feel like all the little fundamentals, now, that's what you need to be doing, like the footwork, drills, the speed like staying in the weight room, staying strong, little stuff like that, because you get here, you're gonna train and do all that stuff too. So but being ready for when that time comes, you know, your body's good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, And I love bringing up Joe widd Jr. Man, I think what he does is incredible. I think he's underrated. I don't think he got enough love for what he did with us, especially with that secondary. Now you said it third year within his system. Can you talk on how you've seen Joe whitgrow as a coordinator. This was his first year as a coordinator, but I think we all knew he was ready for the task. Can you speak on that a little bit in your experience with Joe Wood Jr.
Speaker 1: And how we helped you improved.
Speaker 4: Even in Dallas, Man, he had like a in the defense. He had a leadership role there too. And you know Dallas a couple of years they were there. You know, they were a top defense. You know, he came here the top defense, you know. So you know the workspeace for himself. I don't even have to say anything, you know, So him being here last year, and you know, I'm excited to get to work for him again, and I get to earn his trust again, earn his respect again, you know, so as a player, and yeah, man, see what happens.
Speaker 2: Man and man, we were so excited. Normal to let you get abouty because I know you were busy. But my last question for you, because you weren't else you had a familiarity with this fan base as the enemy, right, But now you've got to be in here and see really what this fan base means when they love you. I'm sure you've gotten hit up a bunch since you've resigned. Man, Talk about this fan base and how special they were in the season that you had last year.
Speaker 4: I mean it was you know, I don't really look at you know, social media too much, honestly, but you know my family does, you know, so they're always sending me you know, so they're all they were sending me was all good and positive stuff.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, not everywhere it is like that. Honestly, It's not true, you know. And so depending on you know, if you play good, if you play bad, you know. So I feel like this is this organization, These fans, you know, they really love you, you know, especially if you put the work in. They see you working, They see you play on the field, see you sacrifice in your body, you know, for your teammates and your family. Man, I feel like you man, you know that's real right there. You know, you don't get up too many places.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited to be back and have an opportunity to play for them again, you know, show what I can do.
Speaker 1: Man, well, Noah, just know you deserve that love that you get from the fans.
Speaker 2: Man you earn this day. I hope you able to bask and I hope you able to celebrate with your loved ones.
Speaker 1: Man. Congratulations on being back here. Man.
Speaker 2: We're so excited to see and thanks for falling up man command his family, our next man up.
Speaker 1: We brought him back to the crib. Noah ignogony, brother.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you, man, and again, congrats on everything and we can't wait to see how the season goes.
Speaker 3: Of course, thank you man, Thank you