Speaker 1: The most loved episode is here. That is your back to back classics. I say love because I actually have math to back that up. You all download this episode more than any other for the rest of the Crazy Saturday one. Yes, because you can't hear this on the radio. Yeah, there you go. So here is your Saturday back to back. But we always start with comments. Anna said, first comment, woo. Although not sure if I should be proud or ashamed because I sit around refreshing waiting for the full show to be posted every day. Oh girl, I love that. Well, we refreshed until we saw your comment. Yeah, so we were on the other side of the screen going refresh, refreshed. Somebody's going to say something refresh refreshed. Good point. Yeah, you can all be ashamed together.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it goes. Here goes your back to back starting right now.
Speaker 2: Listen. We never want to disappoint our listeners.
Speaker 1: No, none at all.
Speaker 2: Now our parents, I've been disappointing them since I left the womb ye same story. But with our listeners. No, you actually matter.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: And today we've got extra pressure on us because the guy on the phone says we need to get answers not just for his sanity, but for the sanity of his entire friend group. Yea all played a strange but important role in his date. You're gonna hear it in your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 2: Is there any place on Earth more difficult to navigate than the world of dating apps, at least in this day and age. Yeah, maybe it was easier a few years ago, but now there are land mines everywhere.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm pretty grateful for him, because I don't think we could do these many second date updates without die true the dire atmosphere that this is thank you.
Speaker 2: To everybody's sacrifice out there. Without what we want to do, we wouldn't have jobs but for a guy. If you do come across a person who's attractive and seems mentally stable ish and she's not a bot, your chances of landing a phone number are point zero zero zero zero one. So I want to talk to a real life hero who beat those odds and actually locked down a date, the Rudy of dating apps. His name is Luke. His name's Luke.
Speaker 1: You started with Rudy I was going to give him a rudy interest. That's what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. We messed up your intro, Luke, but sorry, want someone else's name to it.
Speaker 1: You got you know the movie, you know the scene.
Speaker 5: This is great. I haven't felt this welcome in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Luke, you are an inspiration to millions of people listening. Right now. We are hoisting you up on our shoulders, carrying you all over this room. Just please tell us how you did this?
Speaker 5: Well, I met this girl online and.
Speaker 2: That's what we were talking about for a while.
Speaker 1: You know what he did it by being a smooth talker.
Speaker 2: How did you get a date with a girl after meeting her on line?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't want to pat myself on the back, but she's pretty hot. I had to rise it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a line you like to.
Speaker 2: Use or would you want to be more vague with us about it?
Speaker 5: Well, she asked me, like what I was up to, and I'm like, I don't know. Saving a cat from a tree? No big deal?
Speaker 2: Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: That was the joke?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta laugh. I got okay, and I told her a couple other things like oh, I had to deliver the cat to an orphanage and oh, okay.
Speaker 1: You're the hero.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, I'm a perfect guy, but it's obviously.
Speaker 1: All obviously stole the cat from the family who was waiting for it under the tree.
Speaker 5: And don't give away my trade secret.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry sorry, So, by the way, have we learned this girl's name yet?
Speaker 5: Claire?
Speaker 2: Claire?
Speaker 1: Okay, hot Claire.
Speaker 2: So you managed to get her to agree to a date with you, which already huge, huge, huge success. So tell us how the actual date went.
Speaker 1: You're really hyping up that success party, Brook.
Speaker 2: You don't know on a date, okay, ouch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the success is at planning it so that they show up.
Speaker 5: Trust me. I was as shocked as anybody else that she actually like gave me her number and showed up to the date. I was expecting to eat sushi by myself.
Speaker 1: Oh you went to sushi. Fancy, that's a fun day.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we went to sushi, and uh, she's pretty hot in real life too. I thought I might have been catfished, but.
Speaker 2: Although catfish is a good sushi role, tried some time. What did you guys connect over regular stuff?
Speaker 5: You know, we talked about like enjoying, like hiking and work. Nothing too fancy. But I got to imagine my Ris must not have been as good in person as it was online because she hasn't been calling me back.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because you, I mean, just talking to you in this amount of time, you seem like a fun, playful, like good personality type of guy.
Speaker 5: Don't forget good looking. And I'm going to come clean now. I don't want you guys to tell her this, but I actually he brought a friend to the dinner with me. Not at the table like a kind of yeah, why why why.
Speaker 2: Tell me talking about the cat that you rescued.
Speaker 5: No, they were just at the table nearby and kind of like.
Speaker 2: Oh wait wait so now it's day Now it's multiple people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was two people.
Speaker 2: Oh god? Why But now that you're revealing little by little, was the entire restaurant all yours?
Speaker 5: No? But look, look, you got to think smart about this. It would be weird if just one dude was sitting by himself at a table next to your table.
Speaker 1: Man, it's weird either way. It's weird that you invited friends on your date. Why did you invite friends on your date?
Speaker 5: Trust me, she did not know.
Speaker 1: I mean girls always know, ye, But like, weren't they staring at you? Or like, was it ever obvious?
Speaker 5: No? I didn't think so. I mean, listen, all I would do is if I felt like I was kind of running out of some riz. There was a little bit of like Alan in the conversation, I just excuse myself to the bathroom and one of them would meet me in there and we'd kind of game plan before I'd head back in.
Speaker 2: Okay, you needed a little just a little backup in case you needed support. It's not a bad idea. What when we do this all line?
Speaker 1: I just need to know are they on the other line? Are they like in the bath room with us right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, you're just on your own.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it's just me for now, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Women will invite someone to be nearby for safety reasons, not because they don't feel like they can run a day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mine was also for safety. It was for conversational safety.
Speaker 2: Safety, which equal in my eyes. I think It's cool. Guys, dude, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: How many times did you go to the bathroom?
Speaker 5: I went four times.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not a small bladder. That's not a big deal deal.
Speaker 5: I mean it seems helpful. It fieled me up, you know. I went back out there and kept making her laugh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were able to game plan better conversation And.
Speaker 2: How did the date end?
Speaker 5: It was a little kiss, it was a little peck on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Okay. Was there any talk about future hangouts like with me.
Speaker 5: And my friends?
Speaker 2: Although you can answer that if you want to. I'm curious. Even they're like, we're not going to see you again.
Speaker 1: You get do buy three people.
Speaker 5: At this point, I kind of feel like if I don't get a call back, we all lost.
Speaker 1: They did do half the work. That's a good point.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Well we're gonna call Claire and hopefully get some answers, not just for Eric but for his entire friend group. Wow, so we can all rest easy after we do your second date update right after this, hold.
Speaker 3: On Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, We've been talking to RML riz Master Luke lockdown a date with a tasty little saucepot named Claire the other night.
Speaker 1: His words, that's right.
Speaker 2: So took her to a rest and for backup. He brought a couple of his buddies along, had them sit at a nearby table, just in case he needed some help with conversation topics.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it a girl and a guy that he brought along?
Speaker 2: Like I assumed two guys?
Speaker 5: It was two of my buddies, Okay, in the bathroom, Brook, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, the good news is he only needed their help four times throughout the.
Speaker 1: Dinner date, which that is so many times.
Speaker 2: Well, Luke, we never asked you though. Did your friends who were there that night have any theories on what they think could have gone wrong?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: They said I was killing it. They were like, yeah, man, she's all about it.
Speaker 1: Wait wait what you met him in the bathroom. And that's the advice they gave you is you're killing it. Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 5: No, that's what they told me after the date.
Speaker 1: When they were watching from the bushes as you said goodbye to Megine them putting thumbs up from across the Oh.
Speaker 5: No, they weren't in the bushes. They were in their car in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Okay with the head license.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: Those are good supportive friends to just say that to you, even if it might.
Speaker 1: Not be Okay.
Speaker 5: I know, I appreciate that, and I appreciate them. I just I really want you guys to do whatever you can to help get me the second date. And if you could, please don't mention that my friends were there. I'd like, I don't want her to know that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Okay, we'll tell her that you have no friends whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So I think maybe just don't bring up friends at all. Jess is it until she probably.
Speaker 2: Does exact let's find out. I'm gonna dial Claire right now. We'll see if she picks up and hopefully get some answers. Here we got Hello, Hi, We're looking to speak to somebody named Claire.
Speaker 8: It's she.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, hey Claire, welcome to our radio show, Surpriser on the radio. We're show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is just supposed to be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I hope you're not too busy doing something right now, but we'd really really like to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Uh, what what's this about?
Speaker 2: This is about a segment we do called the second Date Update? Do you know about that? Have you heard about second Date updates?
Speaker 1: Are you viral on TikTok?
Speaker 6: It sounds a little familiar.
Speaker 4: Maybe on Insta or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that maybe one of the knockoffs.
Speaker 1: No, it's the one where they steal our audio and they use those video games.
Speaker 2: Oh I love those ones so much better than Subway Surfers for Life. Yeah, I found game. Okay, So, Claire, maybe you're a little bit familiar with it. But basically, it's where we try to help out our listeners figure out the reason they're not getting a callback for a second date from someone they really like.
Speaker 6: Just someone he has a name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this particular person is named Luke, who you went on a date with.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Oh my goodness, I don't want to time to get it, but I have been out with more than one Luke this week.
Speaker 1: Oh just this week. Okay, I mean it's a fairly common name.
Speaker 2: Still, this particular Luke went to sushi with you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you're gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Again, Wait, do you remember or you don't?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I know who you're talking about for sure.
Speaker 2: Now okay, good.
Speaker 1: Man, you wish we called about the other Luke.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it maybe he is going back. Okay, So what we're trying to tell you is that Luke had a really good time, and he's a little bit confused about why there hasn't been a second date yet.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Is it as simple as you just have so many other dates planned but you can't fit Luke in.
Speaker 6: I guess it was just a little bit of an odd date, eating kind of nervous, and I don't know, he's a little quieter in person.
Speaker 5: That's not really my thing.
Speaker 2: You well, maybe just maybe just needs a little bit of time to warm up. Because he was speaking to us about the date, and he had a lot of really nice things to say. Yeah, he was very smiley.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but it just seems like it seems like he knew people that were sitting by us.
Speaker 1: What what do you mean?
Speaker 6: Like when Luke would make a joke, I would hear like the table two tables over laughing and say how funny that guy is.
Speaker 2: Some other table was listening in on your conversation overselling.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair, I do that all the time. I love when a first date comes in and I'm at a restaurant. It is like it's better than anything.
Speaker 8: Around.
Speaker 1: Nice joke girl, I talked about it like kids like did you hear what they.
Speaker 2: But Claire, you find that behavior to be rude and insulting.
Speaker 5: It's just kind of loud.
Speaker 8: It's a weird vibe.
Speaker 5: I I don't know it just well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like Brooke was saying, you can't really hold that again to Luke, just because some other guys are obviously jealous of him and wish that they were over the date instead of other tables.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, even if Luke did know them, I mean I've gone into restaurants where I've seen people that I know just by coincidence.
Speaker 4: He never said he knew them.
Speaker 1: I almost would be like, hey, is that Bill? Did you ask? Though?
Speaker 6: No, no, because it was weird. It literally some guys like, he's so cute, I'd go out with him again.
Speaker 3: The guy said he's cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like one of the many times when it was about literally came over and told me that wait, talk to you.
Speaker 2: The guy came over to your table and said, the person you're on a date with thinks you're cute.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's cute. I would go out with him.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I'm like, who are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, he is going to die when he hears that one of the guys from the table came over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing too much. And he already did hear that act clear because he is listening on the other line to this conversation.
Speaker 4: He's listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like the guys from the restaurant at the other table right now.
Speaker 2: Stopper over there, lukey there.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I cannot believe he said that when an idiot, Well, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to out yourself.
Speaker 2: There's a nice thing he said about you.
Speaker 4: So you do know the card. You didn't say that?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm sorry. You're just you're really attractive and you're really cool, and I I was just nervous and I wanted to have somebody there to kind of just help me with the date. Oh I'm sorry, I didn't tell you. I just I thought it would be uncomfortable and weird.
Speaker 6: So those guys were like your training wheels.
Speaker 2: That's a new term.
Speaker 1: I do like that.
Speaker 5: I guess you could say that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, I guess I really appreciate your honesty. You do like that's kind of one hundred percentmpathetic.
Speaker 2: Oh out come on, that's a little strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's a nice guy. He's just trying his best. Yeah, and like, now that you know, the only reason you didn't like the date was because of them. It wasn't because of Luke.
Speaker 4: Did you not hear me before?
Speaker 6: I said she was way different than he was online, So both thinks turned me off?
Speaker 4: So too?
Speaker 1: Is it like he was funnier online?
Speaker 6: What do you mean it's out going online and not in the sense of like I'm bringing friends on your date, friends like.
Speaker 2: One of my messenger back.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to think, how about this? Would you want to go back to talking online? I'm better online?
Speaker 2: An there we go. That's an idea.
Speaker 1: It's more of a safe talking about How is that? That's not a second date? That's not the point of this is to get him another shot in real life without the friends, without the training wheel. You go on a date, but you only text throughout the date.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, guys, I could do that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know you can.
Speaker 6: But you guys are not getting this because I didn't necessarily like him in person, and I didn't like his friends.
Speaker 2: Only the online version of Luke is acceptable.
Speaker 5: My friends have my best interest and if you don't see that, then I don't know. Maybe you don't deserve me.
Speaker 2: Good stand up for your friends.
Speaker 4: Bro Okay, fine, that's cool with me.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I thought that would have fun with the other Luke then.
Speaker 1: His own such distaine.
Speaker 2: So I can't even offer to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for, Claire, because it's normally what I do here.
Speaker 4: I do get asked out a lot.
Speaker 6: So no, I don't need that.
Speaker 5: Ah, Okay, we listen, Claire, I apologize. I honestly, I would actually like to go out with you again.
Speaker 1: What you just told her you didn't need her? What you remember sticking up for your friends, showing her.
Speaker 5: She's really hot though? And like I'm telling you, man, I my dating.
Speaker 8: Thing is okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now we turned this into a third date up date, would you be willing to give him a third chance at meeting up with him one more time? Claire? Okay, fourth date updates? Okay, you know, forget it. I'm sorry, she's gonna say no.
Speaker 6: All right, I have to go, guys, this really has not been very much fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, hot in such a delight.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man, why are the hot ones always so mean and unforgiving. Seriously, bro, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that we're hot ones because we're so kind to find out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, what did you hear? Luke admitted his mistakes, He apologized for his actions, He complimented her, tried to reach a compromise.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jeff, and none.
Speaker 2: Of that flies with a hot girl.
Speaker 1: You are a good wing man, Jeff. We did a terrible job of all of those things. Terrible things bringing his friends there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without tellers. Okay, your guys's inner hot girls are coming out being like me for no reason.
Speaker 1: In girl, Yeah, I wish it was outer, sure.
Speaker 2: But we want to help your inner personality mean hot what way?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We all have Interpeaple.
Speaker 1: I've never met him.
Speaker 2: Your inner personality deserves to find love, and we want to help you. Email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go. Check out our entire resume of second date updates. They're online where you get your podcasts, Apple, Spotify, all the places. Just look up Brook and Jeffrey second Date.
Speaker 3: Update, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: It sucks when you're on a date hoping to get a kiss at the end of the night or maybe even an invite upstairs and it just doesn't happen. But shoot, just because they said good night and close the door on you, does that mean it's over and you need to walk away with your head in shame?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 2: Ye know it does?
Speaker 1: Oh god, jeff.
Speaker 2: There is always another way. In fact, one of our female listeners chose to use an innocent little excuse to go from awkward end of the night hug to instant sleepover at his twae. Hell, you're gonna hear it. Maybe even be able to use it for yourself. After a brand new second date update right.
Speaker 3: After this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Are there rules for when you want to veto a date that you don't love, like in.
Speaker 1: The planning stages or were already on it in the.
Speaker 2: Plane in the planning stages, like Okay, you're looking forward to hanging out with this person, but you just aren't thrilled about the activity that they came up with. Is there a limit to how many vetos you get to be like, oh you want to do this? No? No, is there a number that you have you can't go over?
Speaker 1: I think you can't go over one. I think you get one veto and then you start to look.
Speaker 2: Picky And do you need to say veto in a fancy accent so it's sounds less harsh when you're turning them down, Vito, I only asked because one of our listeners, Brittany, exercised her right to veto and now she's ended up here with us.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brittany, did you use the wrong accent when you vetoed?
Speaker 4: I wish I could do a cool accent.
Speaker 2: On your email it says you went out with a guy named Josh and you had to turn down an idea or two. So tell us about Josh. How'd you meet him?
Speaker 4: We met through friend of a friend, so okay, I was already really close to one of his guy friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so how did the planning of this date gode?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Run us through that?
Speaker 4: So we were in between texting and it was really sweet of him to bring up like minigall, but I just wasn't feeling it. And then he brought up bowling. Oh, I honestly wasn't feeling that.
Speaker 2: So wait, are you like?
Speaker 1: I feel like if you vetoed that you then have to offer a suggestion yourself. I agree? Where you just say no.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I was just saying no, and okay, real quick, I will admit I was being kind of a princess.
Speaker 2: You weren't just saying no, you were saying ew no.
Speaker 1: She used that little barf emoji.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, gross.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that bad. It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: So did you finally decide on something to do?
Speaker 4: Well? We ended up just he was like, why don't you just come over to my place. It's a big community, like we can go for a walk, like around the neighborhood. And to be honest, that sounded more like I had a stressful work week, like I'm about it.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, after feeling high maintenance, now you see low maintenance if that's all you need.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think about that, but you're so right.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, without knowing there is Okay, so you agreed to a walk around his neighborhood and how did that go?
Speaker 4: It was actually really good. We got along, We had a lot of things in common. We ended up going back to his place and it was good and bad.
Speaker 2: His place was bad.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no no, his place was nice actually, like it was modern and clean.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you're saying the vibe was good and bad.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, because.
Speaker 2: I could see you also walking through and being like veto that painting, Veto that backsplash. Absolutely, yeah, fair person. Actually, okay, So when you're hanging out with him at his place, what happens?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the good?
Speaker 4: The good was the banter, like again, we just kind of hit it off really well. Nice the bad part that Okay, So we put on you the Netflix show.
Speaker 1: Wait, isn't that the Stalker show?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 1: Then it's supposed to be with Penn Badge, but like it's darker after the first season, it gets okay, So.
Speaker 4: It was just on and in the background, like we were talking, watching and he would sit in all the way on the other side of the couch like, oh no. I don't know if it was the fact that he was shy or what, but it did kind of throw me off, Like it wasn't the greatest vibe. If you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You're yelling across the living room while a show is playing.
Speaker 2: You probably to yell anyway to be heard over a Netflix show in the background. Interesting, So how did you guys end it?
Speaker 4: Well, it was getting dark and I honestly I just kind of like I was getting tired, so I just told him my head to go. No kiss. We did hug, okay, But when I got to my car, I realized I only brought my sunglasses, like I didn't bring my real glasses, So I like, I can't drive, Like I definitely can't drive without my glasses. And so I ended up texting him like, hey, this is the situation. And he ended up telling me that I could stay the night.
Speaker 1: Oh oh that's nice.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't he say I'll drive you home? Yea, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Obviously, between the two choices stay the night or I'll take you home, the guy is gonna pick Yeah, sure you can have a sleepover.
Speaker 5: I don't kiss.
Speaker 2: Why are you so against the sleepover?
Speaker 1: I'm just surprised because he's a guy that sat on the opposite room from her. It sounded like he wasn't chance into it. It's like, okay, so I'm sure you're getting mixed signals. Then right when he asks you, did you stay the night? I did?
Speaker 4: And I ended up yes, I did.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nothing. I just ended up staying the night.
Speaker 1: Was well like did you sleep on the couch? And TI friends again, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, so perverted.
Speaker 1: It happened, though, she's flustered.
Speaker 2: Something not major, but something's happened.
Speaker 1: Here's the question. What was it like the next morning?
Speaker 5: There you go, bruh, no comment.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know if that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So what's happened? I'm assuming the next day you got back your car, you drove home, and then what's happened since then?
Speaker 4: That's where we're at. Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: He's not responding to you at all at all. Well, now, when we call him, some of the details about what happened that night might need to come out if they explain why he's not calling you back. Hopefully you're okay with that.
Speaker 4: We need that, we.
Speaker 3: Need the whole world.
Speaker 1: Okay, be prepared.
Speaker 2: Let's try and get some more details out of Josh when we come back and call him. Try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 2: It's the classic first date line young people love to use. Oh I forgot my driving glasses? Can I spend the night of your place?
Speaker 9: Worked on me all throughout college and driving glove and scar god many But now, to be fair our listener, Brittany didn't ask to spend the night over at Josh's house.
Speaker 2: He offered to let her stay.
Speaker 1: Which means he wanted to because there's so many other solutions to figure in this problem, but something.
Speaker 2: Ever since then, Brittany hasn't seen any effort by Josh for him to arrange a second meet up with her, which is kind of odd because she says there was there was a connection there, there was a chemistry, especially when they were bantering with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for the moment on the couch. That's the long moment. Yea, on the couch where they're sitting on the opposite end.
Speaker 2: He just sat in a weird spot and maybe got stuck there, wasn't sure how to move over. We're not really sure. That's why we need to ask him.
Speaker 1: And I forgot Brittany. You said your friends set you up. Have you heard anything from them?
Speaker 4: Nothing. I've tried to reach out to them too, And she just keeps saying that she's busy, and then the other guy's like, yeah, we're super busy right now, Like we'll get back to that.
Speaker 2: Sounds like they're covering for him.
Speaker 5: Yes, whah, weird.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they didn't know, like maybe he's I don't know what, who knows.
Speaker 2: We get up a million questions. It's best to just call Josh and ask. So I'm gonna dial his number right now and we'll see if he picks up.
Speaker 7: Here we go, well, hey, we're going to talk with Josh.
Speaker 8: This is he.
Speaker 2: Hey Josh. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey Josh, good morning. Hey, Hey, So, I hope it's okay if we ask you some questions about your dating life, because we're doing a segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 8: On the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very specific questions only about one person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a person you went out with recently named Brittany. Oh yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll move into the questions.
Speaker 2: That we know a little bit about when you and Brittany hung out. Like here's a little bit of the background to catch you up, because Brittany was on the show and she told us that she came over to your neighborhood. You guys walked around overall. We weren't sure if the date was like great or just average. But she did say that she spent the night. We just were not one hundred percent sure what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's interested in you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so could you maybe let us in on what's been going on in your head?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know how much she's told you about.
Speaker 2: Well, it's mostly everything I just recapped for you right there, right, no generic, just general. Did you have a good night? It was different? Okay, okay, okay, it could be different in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Alexis, would you be complimented if a guy says your date? Even the pause for ten seconds before he answered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, oh it was different?
Speaker 1: Did she do something weird or wrong?
Speaker 8: So? I don't know. If I mean this is gonna look great.
Speaker 1: For her, it's not going to look great for her.
Speaker 8: You said it's not gonna look great for her. But I mean, if you really want to know where it took a left.
Speaker 2: Turn for me, we really want to know. But more importantly, she really wants to know, and she's agreed to hear whatever the reason is.
Speaker 1: No the risks We out outright warned her that she may hear something that's not super flattering, and.
Speaker 2: She was pumped about it.
Speaker 1: She wasn't but she's okay with it.
Speaker 8: She's like, I hope, so okay. So we were just watching Netflix and during the middle she pulls out her phone, which you know, it's fine, but then she asked me to come over and look over and she's basically stowing me pictures of her coworkers and how fat and ugly they were. We commentating one by one and you know, to her cudit and she wasn't wrong about all of them, but.
Speaker 1: She in her photo gallery being like, look how ugly this person is?
Speaker 5: Co workers?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: I I was just wondering what is going on right now?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Was it a joke that maybe she's also very funny.
Speaker 8: It seems like she has no one to talk to know what the gossip with at works, so I guess this is her way of releasing that information.
Speaker 1: Gossip that's just me. She said she wanted to do something chill because she had a bad week at work, told us that that she had a bad week at work, and so she's just venting by and it was all about people's appearances.
Speaker 8: Yeah, mostly, but also I think it was just she was also talking about their performance at work.
Speaker 5: Yikes, I would almost be sympathetic if she was telling you the stories this girl was mean to me or this thing happened.
Speaker 1: So not just going look at this bad person. Yeah, to have a photo gallery of them at already?
Speaker 2: I am so impressed with her that she's that organized to be able to bust it out.
Speaker 8: And there was a girl picture and it wasn't a good photo at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, easy to go this collection of people the way you're describing it to us. Earlier you felt like that was a bad thing for you. That was a red Again.
Speaker 8: I jokingly say it was kind of funny and random, but at the same time this was not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but if you were that put off by it, then she told us that you asked her to spend the night and something may have happened between you two, because it's more I'm a guy, so oh it was a selfless act of you. You want to make her feel better, dude? Gotcha? Yeah, asked that question. What a sweet, sweet man, aren't you thinking?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I mean she's the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she probably felt better afterwards words and liked she was enjoyed to work with. And you don't have to believe me on that one day, because Brittany is on the other line of this phone call right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, real quick, I do.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 2: Okay. You know, Brittany, you never brought that up when we talked to you about your date before.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's worrisome because it means that you found it normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is absolutely normal. I mean, isn't it better to talk about them behind their backs than in front of their face?
Speaker 5: Right? And also you.
Speaker 8: Went way beyond that. I mean, you were just being so negative and critical of everyone, and I guess.
Speaker 4: I'm honestly you need to shut your trap because I'm so sick of yours. That judgy judge, judge, the one.
Speaker 2: Who judged she sounds stressed out again. Invite her over.
Speaker 1: She needs to play another round of hot or Not with the co oppers. I'm scared when she's gonna invent about us. Oh yeah, she's definitely going to be dropping into my d ms brook.
Speaker 2: You do say a lot of unsavory things about people that work here in private, you know, commented on someone book.
Speaker 4: It's normal, It's a normal thing, and if you create an environment for people to be able to do that, then people are going to do that.
Speaker 2: It's there.
Speaker 1: So it's their fault that they aren't to your standard of appearance.
Speaker 2: Brooks words, I mean.
Speaker 4: To be honest, Yes, it is their fault.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that is so shallow, Brittany, And excuse.
Speaker 4: Me, you're the sallow one brook like everybody else saying that you talk all the.
Speaker 6: Time, Jeff, is joke.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm definitely smiling.
Speaker 4: Say that I regret asking you to help me out with this book. I just I knew you weren't going to be truthful about it.
Speaker 2: Wait I did regret ugly right then.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that would have felt better to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brooke, I would really appreciate if you stayed out of the second date and brought everybody down with your negativity. We need to focus on helping this couple reconcile and get together for another date, because Josh, we would offer to send you out one more time, and we would pay for it unless it ended up being back at your place, which.
Speaker 4: I'm not interested. This wasn't the way I thought things were going to be wrapped up and I'm not interested. I'm actually not even interested in this show anymore.
Speaker 2: So look what you did.
Speaker 5: I know you seem quite interested thing the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh, you don't need to go all the way back. That wasn't the burn you thought it was.
Speaker 8: I mean, look, I tried, I tried.
Speaker 1: I think she's always going to be meaner than you, so I would just stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Brittany, hey, thanks again for being on with us and giving it a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for nothing even.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, well, thank you. I think I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: Do that the wellness room here at the right.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go in there and think about all my fat, ugly co workers. Just have a great time. I'll join you with that's a party, Come on.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm back from the break room. I had a lot of time to mull things over. It just happened.
Speaker 1: You take listeners so literally sometimes, jeff I think that was more of a figurative screw you.
Speaker 2: I thought she had a good suggestion for yourself. But I think we all agree that bad mouthing your coworkers is something you just don't do until date number three or until you're in a serious relationship with that person at the very least.
Speaker 1: Have you honestly ever pulled out a picture of someone and talked about how ugly they were, not like, hey look at this fool, So no surprise, their moral compasses didn't align, no one, And.
Speaker 2: He was agreeing with her on some of the comments.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, it didn't work out, But maybe she'll appear again on our show during a blind lovies.
Speaker 1: Oh, she'd be perfect for that. She sounds like looks don't matter to her, so she'd love to meet someone that she'd never seen before.
Speaker 2: Sounds like she's better for the jerk. Yeah, there's somebody and a segment out there for everybody. We can probably find your segment if you go on to our podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey. If you ever need help in your dating life, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back.