Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here in Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today I'm joined by Sophie Lichtermann, James Stout, and Robert Evans. This episode, we're covering the week of February fourth to February eleventh. It was the Super Bowl. Wasn't that fun? I heard it was streaming on Peacock this year, so I boot it up my Peacock account, went to the sports section and was surprised at how few Americans there were and how many other flags there were. And I do not remember this much skating typically at previous the previous Super Bowl shows or the ski jumping, But I mean I was it was still fun to watch people compete.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is because I was watching the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 4: Get it I did. I did get a.
Speaker 5: Good work gear, no fun stuff.
Speaker 6: What's your favorite Winter Olympics? And vene Garrison as a Canadian?
Speaker 2: Honestly, the ski jumping is pretty exciting. They really fly. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 1: That video of that guy that went viral that did like a under six minute mile on skis uphill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going uphill.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: To be clear, he's not going for a mile like, he just goes uphill, like the whole course is like a mile ash. Well yeah, still cross country ski is havingsane Vo two maxes cross country ski when I get the chance.
Speaker 7: It's fun.
Speaker 2: They don't go that fast, but no, we do. We do need to discuss this. The actual super Bowl halftime show actually, well no, not the actual one, the other one. Yeah, the All American halftime show.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll just say the kid who Bad Bunny gave his Grammy too was not the same child who you saw being abducted by Ice in a little blue bunny hat.
Speaker 4: No, it was.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to symbolize a young Benito him. Yes, yes, not anything else.
Speaker 8: It really was not.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of underlying messages in that show that were very important.
Speaker 4: But it would be weird.
Speaker 5: It would be weird if he put in a kid that looked like the five year old that was abducted in prison by Ice to give him a grammy. It would have been really off.
Speaker 8: Would not have been a cool move. Yeah, that would that would have.
Speaker 1: Been bad just to say it was a great halftime show. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Speaker 2: And now here's a clip of the All American halftime show, real halftime show, our favorite kid Rock. Ready, WHOA, somebody makes some motherfucking noise in here.
Speaker 8: There's like nobody there.
Speaker 2: This is not this is not from the show. This is from Silicon Valley. This was the joke that they did on the tea the show Silicon Valley, which looks almost exactly like hilarious the Turning Point halftime show.
Speaker 6: I'm about to say I didn't hear that aside from the Jewels, I thought that was.
Speaker 8: A new angle.
Speaker 5: They did have more people in the crowd, but they were hired actors. But they did have more people in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Shockingly lines up.
Speaker 1: Our colleague Molly Hunger described his outfit as needed to run out the home depot to pick up us part for something.
Speaker 5: He's in like shorts and like a T shirt, has a wrist BRACEO.
Speaker 7: It's great.
Speaker 2: We'll get to Kid Rock in a sec, but let's start at the beginning. While watching the Turning Point stream, there was no indication where the show is being broadcast from or whether it was live, but four performers saying back to back to back, indicating the show was cut together from previously taped performances. Yes, the venue was this dark, narrow, rectangular room with high ceilings and studio lights. In the middle was a long stage with a small audience on either side, maybe torch people tops. But the show was introduced by none other than Jack Pisobek, which I will show now.
Speaker 9: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Turning Point USA All American Halftime Show.
Speaker 10: And this one's for you, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Great stuff.
Speaker 6: So hey, this stuff four hundred and forty six down votes on Rumble.
Speaker 7: That's rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and I watched this. I will admit I watched it after the actual halftime show because it was on YouTube and there was no reason to actually catch it during the Super Bowl. And by the way, the viewership number suggests that most people who did catch it watched it after the Super Bowl. Yes, because it's weird to pause or turn off the sound in the middle of the Super Bowl and pull up like a laptop or something to go watch the fucking Turning Point USA show.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, really cumbersome, really really anti social behavior at the Super Bowl party. To turn off the stream, plug in your laptop, go to rumble dot com.
Speaker 5: If you are doing that, your kids have not talked to you longer than they've been alive, Like they abandoned you before they were born.
Speaker 1: Well, President Trump watched the actual Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 4: He did, there's photos of him watching it.
Speaker 5: He knows that this is loser shit. Yeah, it's it's just about the losers, loser shit that I have ever seen. And right after Jack Besovic introduced it, it cuts to this. You've got this black stage and there's like an amp on the stage and a guy walks up to it with a guitar.
Speaker 2: Not a guy, Brandley Gilbert. Okay, some respect.
Speaker 7: That's Bentley.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that's Brentley. I was going to introduce his name afterwards. But Garrison, you miss something important because Brandley Gilbert's band is where this guy is from. But the all electric guitar performance of the Star Spangled Banner is led by the great guitarist Spencer whsdor.
Speaker 2: Wow, where are they finding these guys stage.
Speaker 5: In Brandley Gilbert's band, Garrison, This all sounds like and I think.
Speaker 8: You should leave sketch. I'm making up these notes.
Speaker 2: The whole performance was that. I think you should leave sketch, but no, it's beautiful. Electric guitar riff of the Star Spangled Banner opening.
Speaker 5: No, I I got a clip to play because there's a moment here. They had pyrotechnics during the show, like the real show had, but they're not good. They were better for the kid rock performance. For the electric guitars, they're just kind of sad and they make a sad little popping stand. Well again, a single man is playing guitar.
Speaker 6: Stay Jimmy Hendricks played the Star Spangled Banner on guitar, but he was good at playing guitars.
Speaker 5: But he was one of the best guitar players.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, different, like a high yadd stick that they've chosen to make themselves.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about that in a second, but I gotta show you guys. You just need to see the pop of these pirate technics just for a second, and you the listener needs to hear it.
Speaker 6: It's giving village fireworks.
Speaker 2: S Yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's great. I don't know what you're talking about. I loved it, per.
Speaker 5: What you were saying earlier. There's a New York Times article that the original title it was published under was the All American Halftime featured an electric anthem, unlike Kendricks Now they changed that title in the Reporter's notebook article to what does a whaling electric take on the Star Spangled Banner Mean?
Speaker 8: I'm glad that they are getting to.
Speaker 6: The core of the issues the publication that ignored all my pitches about me and MO for several years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's good. This is much more important. Let's listen to a quote from this article that I think we can all agree it matters much more than a war in musical terms. Wdorp's version of the Star Spangled Banner was conservative too. Despite the bent notes and feedback, it largely stuck to the melody and conveyed a referentive, stubborn form of patriotism.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I kind of loved it. What do you mean? You know, it's terrible. It's terrible. Hardwatch, hard watch.
Speaker 5: That was the best part of it. I hate to say it, but unfortunately the pyrotechnics were basically competent for the Kid Rock Show, which might have been the only competent part of the Kid Rock Show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to hate the Kid Roque show. I haven't.
Speaker 2: I think there's some other hits from this from this show, though, including Brentley Gilbert's second song, which starts as a slow acoustic ballad and then roughly changes into whatever this is.
Speaker 12: Jim good Man, we can learn how to kiss and watch out for those who blude.
Speaker 9: Now a small tan, he says.
Speaker 4: She's said she when you have rumor spread like that, I know song and.
Speaker 5: Yallow know man as he's keating, he's trying to rough He's trying to rouf who did he is? He is trying?
Speaker 8: He is?
Speaker 2: He is trying small town, he said. She said, I'm not going to read into what those lyrics are trying to express.
Speaker 4: Slow.
Speaker 2: But that was the second song I do. I want to skip to the third act, which is Lee Brice. He started his second song by saying, quote, Charlie gave people microphones so that they could say what was on their mind. This is what's on mine. And this next song starts like a parody of a conservative country song. Here's here's the beginning.
Speaker 5: I just want to.
Speaker 2: Catch my fish, drive my true, drink my beerd I'm not wake up all this stuff.
Speaker 8: I just want to catch my fish.
Speaker 2: I'm just a little teary eyed, honestly, just listening to that.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: The next part is consin the next line.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm coming at this rule.
Speaker 2: This is the next line of the song. The same kind of gun I hunt with just killed another man. The only thing mine ever shot? Was it? Deer from a deer stand? That's the next slide.
Speaker 5: Are you including that man?
Speaker 4: Miracle genius?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that in a song? And the way he sings it is so bizarre, it's.
Speaker 8: It's it's about Charlie Cook.
Speaker 4: I would like to hear it.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm just realizing what.
Speaker 2: Same kind of gun I'll hunt with? Just cute?
Speaker 8: The only thing I shot?
Speaker 2: Look, what is he doing?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: The gun violence problem is bad enough that he has to like make a comment about it existing and being depressing. He has to do that, But then immediately because the next bit after this, the most of the song is basically about I don't want to listen to the news, correct, Like, I don't want to I don't want to watch things that remind me very.
Speaker 2: The very next verse, yeah, I just want to cut my grass, feed my dog, wear my boots, not turn the TV on and sit and watch the news.
Speaker 7: That's an option for you, like, you can do that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, that's very doable, friend, that's entirely doable for you folks.
Speaker 4: You could do that.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure he is. But this is what he's scared of hearing on the news to the little boys, little girl.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is this Candles.
Speaker 2: Of the Creek and this cancel you're world.
Speaker 8: But then he said it, he put it in a.
Speaker 4: Sum Oh my god, I almost choked.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah again, man, you're you're being paid to sing about this.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: In fact, it's your job because it's it's you know, they have few musical abilities.
Speaker 5: It's your it's your presumably well paid job.
Speaker 2: The whole repeated refrain of the song is it's not so easy being country in this country nowadays, that you guys are in charge. Entire song.
Speaker 4: Question, question, who is at this event? How many people?
Speaker 2: Where is it? About two hundred paid attendees in Atlanta, Georgia at a sound stage.
Speaker 4: Paid attendees, paid attendees. Commercial Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: A lot of like fresh stetsons and like unbroken in boots in the audience.
Speaker 2: Maybe so many cowboy hats in the audience. You don't understand.
Speaker 7: It's like a bar in Jackson, Wyoming.
Speaker 2: I get the vibe, so many of them, and you're like, you're in Atlanta. Not many people wear cowboy hats Atlanta. I'm sorry that's it's not like because it's for Oklahoma.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I love.
Speaker 6: I love to see someone in a freshly purchase setting.
Speaker 2: The next song, after this, after this country one, well, they're all country songs. Like the next song is what I think is a love song that that goes quote Sometimes I drink too much. Sometimes I test your trust. Sometimes I don't know why you stayed with me. I'm hard to love, which, yeah, sounds related to the last song you were singing. Maybe a little bit about about bullying your children. Wow, sick oh man. But finally, finally the main act, right, Well, what we've all been waiting for, kid kid rock. I'm gonna play a little over a minute for us. We're not gonna include all of this in the episode. We're just gonna we're just gonna include the I Am a kid section. But I do need to show show this all to James.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is fun.
Speaker 6: I think a lot about like that's that Steve Goodman parody country song that you couldn't write today because it's better musically and less ridiculous than the actual country songs that we're hearing.
Speaker 2: All right, James, are you ready?
Speaker 7: Always I've never.
Speaker 8: Seen it before.
Speaker 5: That's enough. That's more than enough.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to talk about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got to unpack some of this.
Speaker 4: He was better at the r n C.
Speaker 2: He's flipping that. He's flipping that mic NonStop. He loves that move.
Speaker 4: But his name is.
Speaker 7: But that's how we got the wrist injury.
Speaker 5: I will say the first guys to play had a mic with a pair of brass knuckles built into it, which I did like, I think we do need a version of that. That's a full knuckle duster from World War One, so it's got the trench knife on the other side.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, at least take a risk.
Speaker 7: Don't be a cow every time you fit them on.
Speaker 5: Take a risk, Britt, be a man.
Speaker 2: As the kid rock lights turn on, he explosively jumps onto the stage. White fur coat, acid washed jeans, black fedora. Yeah, I used to be a piece of ship.
Speaker 6: It's jeans, garrison. These are jawks. They cut they are cut off a bunch.
Speaker 4: Jorts and second correction, it was a white fur coat.
Speaker 2: Vest code vest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a vest.
Speaker 5: And I should note also that his fedora did not have the Safari flaps. I repeat, it did not have the Safari flaps.
Speaker 6: But it's leather, like a shiny black leather, not a breathable hat.
Speaker 2: It's it's beautiful. It's beautiful to see. It is, really, it really is, And I think you should leave sketch come to life. It's she just she just jumps around, slipping that mic.
Speaker 4: How long does he perform? How many songs do we get?
Speaker 2: He gets like songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: None.
Speaker 2: None of the audio for the song matches what we're seeing. The sinking is totally off, leading a lot of people to suspect that that it was it was lip synced on stage poorly. We'll get to that in a second. But the next song began with a two minute prelude featuring the cello and violin.
Speaker 6: Which is it one of those like it's just the frame of a cello.
Speaker 2: Oh, James, you'll see I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to see a fucking offense to god, that's a real cello.
Speaker 7: Wow. Oh yeah, that's an interesting outfit.
Speaker 5: Cells dressed kind of like Ben dressed like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of the three Musketeers is playing cello.
Speaker 7: For those of you listening, get home.
Speaker 2: Wait, please welcome our brother.
Speaker 7: Robert Richie.
Speaker 2: Robert Richard Ritchie is Kid Rocks. That his real government name. They reintroduce him under his legal name for the second song.
Speaker 5: Kid Rocks Are Not Born.
Speaker 6: There may those people who introduced him.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 7: That was it for them?
Speaker 2: Unclear? Okay, they only existed on screen to introduce kid Rock as kid Rock the first time, and then as rich Russell, Richie Russell whatever is Robert Richie, Robert Richie, whatever his real name is. That's the only time they appeared was to introduce kid Rock both times. Now, after the show, it was revealed this whole thing was pretaped on a sound stage Atlanta, and a few days later Kid Rock released a video addressing the rumors that his performance was lip SYNCD, which he denies.
Speaker 3: You know, we taped it and then they sent me a first cut, and my comment was, the sink is off. They were trying to line up. First off, if we would have done it, if we would have recorded it, and then and then played like we were singing it. Lip synced it.
Speaker 4: It would have been Pie. It would have been Pie.
Speaker 3: The lineup it was very difficult for them because somebody clearly wasn't super familiar with the song. Also, when I asked him, I go, you know, Freddy raps that song with me and my DJ, and they're like he does what? I'm like, oh no, I'm like, yeah, do we have any cutaways of Freddy? And and they know they didn't know. He wasn't No, he didn't even TV. Sorry, So they don't have time now it's extremely difficult for them to line up the sink could have been done. If we had more time of confident they could have got it.
Speaker 1: Let's pour one out for Freddy DJ.
Speaker 4: No screen time.
Speaker 2: So mister Rock said that Turning Play was having trouble lining up the audio with the visuals in part because the song is actually performed vocally by two people going back and forth. Wow and Turning Point did not have a camera on the other vocalists. So that's why it looks weird when there's obviously vocals being heard, but mister Rock isn't singing.
Speaker 5: And again, the reason why no one at Turning Point is familiar with Kid Rocks music is that even they don't like Kid Rocks music.
Speaker 2: And mister Rock demonstrated how this is, you know, supposed to go in this video with with his DJ which should we do need to see thirty seconds up?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Oh thanks, scare I love you so much. No, I'm sorry, Sophie. We didn't have a conversation about this. This is in violation of several rules the company has set.
Speaker 6: I just want to call out the fact that there is a pike behind them. Do you mean the fish that has been tracks to Germid Yeah, not what you normally expect.
Speaker 5: I would have expected the other kind of pike behind Garrett.
Speaker 2: No, that seems like mister Rock's abode. Actually, this feels very on brand for him.
Speaker 5: Is that a drone?
Speaker 2: No, that's that's a it's a deer antler turned into a candlestick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like a yeah, turned into a candlestick.
Speaker 8: Classy.
Speaker 7: Okay, maybe ask you although.
Speaker 5: From a distance it does kind of look like a bad three D printing of Deep Space nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tricken Mountain, Holly Wood, it's the world missed, so understood.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all in fun.
Speaker 6: Oh damn, man, I'm not having a physical reaction. I've cringed with every muscle in my body.
Speaker 2: Here's how you explained how it's supposed to go.
Speaker 3: So he's filling those words for me so I can boom bang my head, keep going and carrying on. Now, when I'm doing that, you see me. I'm on over the stage. Who I'm flipping the mic? I'm down here, I'm over here, back boom. I know these guys are a difficult time getting that sync together. So I have nothing but good things to say, not only about Turning Point, but the production team that they work with on this and other events.
Speaker 1: My favorite part about live music is when you post a over four minutes clip video explaining.
Speaker 2: How fifty second video about how it.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to go and explaining to people things that don't actually exist.
Speaker 2: No, his whole delivery sounds like good Tim Robinson bit. It's it's it's so beautiful, incredible. The Bad Bunny halftime Show averaged one hundred and thirty five point four million viewers during the show's time slot, and ath Music claims it's now the most watched show in Super Bowl history. Me And while tpusa's show attracted upwards of six point one million concurrent live viewers on Turning Point Ussay's YouTube channel. Due to licensing restrictions, Turning Point was unable to stream the show on xally Everything app as they originally planned.
Speaker 1: Which got announced like an hour before, right before.
Speaker 6: But that's probably why they didn't hit one hundred and thirty five million, because one hundred and twenty nine of them were waiting.
Speaker 2: Otherwise they would have got it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The All American Halftime Show now boasts twenty three million views on their YouTube and Rumble pages combined. The Bad Bunny Show is seventy million. A lot of these views are also people like me and other other researchers, yeah for sure, and curious Americans who are who are interested in what they had to throw together. But a footage from inside Trump's Super Bowl party shows that even he did not turn into the All American Halftime Show. Mimo comfio, Now it's time for you to tune into these apps. Shall we do the real news now?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 5: On Monday, February ninth, twenty twenty six, about three days before we recorded this, there was a student led walkout protesting federal immigration arrests and protesting in large part last year's massive ice actions in Chicago, and students from a number of different high schools walked out. This included students from East Aurora High School, where there was a notable clash. Is the word or skirmish is the word?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Skirmish is what Shaw Local news described it as between protesters and police. There's video, and at least from the limited clip of video we have, I wouldn't call it a skirmish. I would call it police getting pissed and assaulting some kids. But we don't see the rest of the interaction. This is apparently something that went on for a couple of hours, so I don't know like what led up to this. I can tell you the video shows what looks like some high school kids walking in kind of a line outside of their high school. There's some police by. The police are clearly talking to or maybe yelling at one of the kids, and then as the video comes in, an officer just charges in and tackles hard like a running tackle, a teenage boy, like a child smaller than him, which leads to several other police officers grabbing kids. At least one student punches a police officer in the head while the officer is on top of his friend beating his friend. The police only responded by saying, like, look, you know, we had to act. A student punched a police officer. From the Sha local article, the police department said the officer who was punched was transported to a local hospital for medical attention or his injuries. They don't show he and his colleagues like literally tackling kids first, Yeah, before they get hit. If somebody tackles my friends next to me, I might start punching. That's just life. Yeah, and it's this is kind of an ongoing story at the moment. I don't know like what's going to wind up being the result of this, but it inspired, at least initially a lot of anger, and there have been further protests as a result of the police violence. Students in the area are now demanding the resignation of the police chief in East Aurora. The police have not really like acknowledged those demands yet. I don't know if this is going to turn into like a larger protest movement. There's some signs that maybe it will, that there may be further walkouts specifically as a result of the police violence. But this is a situation. We will be watching, obviously seeing police violently beating kids for you know, speaking for doing the thing they should be doing at high school, which is experimenting with believing that and taking stands. So we'll be watching this to see kind of what results next. But that's sort of where we are at the moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that video, it was pretty brutal. Let's talk a little bit more about some immigration stuff. Let's start with Let's start with police in shall we? I have reviewed the police report for the ice officer who in late January negligently discharged his issued handgun in a hotel room. Bradley's shaver was attempting to fix a backstrap from his glock. I'll quote the report here, quote with his back facing Room three twenty, and the firearm pointed in the area of Bradley's torso he attempted to remove the backstrap that was currently on the firearm while it was still loaded. At some point, the firearm discharged. Luckily, the occupant of that room had just checked into the hotel and was walking to their room when the shot was fired, so there was no one injured. I will quote again from the report. Initially, the agent thought the gunshot from somewhere else, and he yelled shots fired, and then told his wife he had to go and hang up shape and then felt heat on the left side of his body, looked down and saw the damage to his shirt and realized the shot had come from his own weapon. He said the round went through his sweatshirt and the shirt underneath, but did not penetrate his underamic compression layer or injure him that it seems like this person was attempting to repair or remove apart from his gun that was still loaded, and he didn't think to unload the gun.
Speaker 5: All of this is stuff you shouldn't do, right. Yeah, you have to check before you do stuff to a gun to make sure it's unloaded. And even when you've checked to make sure it's unloaded, you should still act like it's loaded and do stuff like that. Have your finger on the trigger and make sure it's clear of a holster so that there's nothing that especially like a leather holster or maybe stuff could get bowed in and pull the trigger. You just don't do any of the things he was doing with a gun, especially if you're a cap. But also you do all the things he did with the gun if you're a cap because this happens regularly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this case a thirty year veteran who had just returned after two years of retirement. I want to talk a little bit now about Liam Cornejo Ramos. This is the five year old who has detained in Minneapolis last month. People will remember seeing images of him and like a blue bunny hat.
Speaker 7: Liam and his father were.
Speaker 6: Detained on the twentieth of January in his driveway after returning from school. They were order released by Judge Fred Berry, who wrote in his order quote, observing human behavior confirms that for some among us, the perfidious lusts for unbridled power and the imposition of cruelty in its quest no no bounds, and are bereft of human decency and the rule of law be damned. You could tell the judge was incredibly pissed off for the government. Now put it that way. DHS then attempted to expedite the removal of Cornejo Ramos and his family, but the family were granted a continuance by his judge.
Speaker 7: Liam and his.
Speaker 6: Father his father is Adlian and Cornehill adis or Adiyas. I've seen like various permutations of his father's name. I think perhaps because some people doing reporting are not familiar with how last names it generally can figured in the Spanish speaking world, so I'm not quite sure how his last name is pronounced. But Liam and his father entered in December of twenty twenty four when they were detained, they were detained at Dilly. Dilly is a detention center for families, right. It is a place that I have reported on before. In my Darian follow up series, I spoke about Primrose and Kimberly, who were both detained at Dilly, and they went into some detail about the conditions there. I'm glad to see that Dilly is getting more attention in sort of bigger, more legacy media outlets.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 6: I also saw that there was a protest at Dilly, seemingly while Liam was there. And we can see this because a drone footage of people walking out of the buildings and assembling in spaces in between the buildings, and they can be heard chanting in some of that footage. Now, when I move on to something I've seen DHS doing recently, which is they're trying to push back against the evidence that they are using schools and children as bait to detain non citizens.
Speaker 7: Right. I just spoke about how Liam was detained. Right.
Speaker 6: It was the fact that he was at school that allowed those agents to target his father.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: I believe they got Liam to knock on the door.
Speaker 6: And his dad came out, which obviously was part of the reason that this particular intens was so controversial. DHS, in a post on x said, quote, ICE is not going to schools to arrest children. A dangerous illegal alien felon fleeing into a school, or a child sex offender working as an employee may create a situation where an arrest is made. To protect public safety, criminals are no longer able to hide in America's schools to avoid arrest. Potus Trump and Secretary Known trust a brave law enforcement to use common sense. We will not tie the hands of law enforcement officers. They must be allowed to protect children from public safety threats. Obviously, if someone is a sex offender, they can't work at a school.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: That's that's the top background checks work. The DHS tweet includes a screenshot of a Houston Chronicle article which details how HISD has lost four thousand students due to the ICE crackdown right. This is students who are for the most part afraid to come to school, and they've seen a twenty two percent decline in migrant student enrollment. Obviously, I just want to note that ICE has detained parents outside schools, and a notable incident last year they dissained a fifteen year old disabled boy in Los Angeles. Finally, from me, I want to talk about some legislation that is being proposed in the state of Washington. The State of Washington's House builds two three two one propose a legislation that focuses on what it calls blocking features that must be integrated into three D printers to prevent their use in creating firearms. Blocking features are quoting here a software controls process that deploys a firearms blueprint detection algorithm such that those features identify and reject print requests for firearms or a legal firearm paths with a high degree of reliability and cannot be overridden or otherwise defeated by a user with significant technical skill. What this would effectively do is either prevent the sale of three D printers in Washington's state, or install state level spyware onto three D printers, which would obviously be able to be used for things far beyond firearms, and people have notably been three D printing. Whistle also a great deal in Minneapolis right there. So there's been lots of coverage of this. I think it would be very naive for people to think that this would start and end with the creation of unregistered firearms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now they'll they'll go, I mean, they'll doff like Trey to enforce games workshops, copy rights and stop it, reprint models or whatever.
Speaker 6: Exactly right, Like, it opens a whole world of IP enforcement in three D printing, and it more or less ends. The thing that I find beautiful about three D printing is not that like I can make little plastic things in my office. It's that it shows me that people will choose to create beautiful and innovative things even when there was not a profit incentive for doing so.
Speaker 5: Yes, And here's the thing, it would be a different discussion if this were a country. We're the only way to get a gun was to three D print it. But it's not.
Speaker 6: Yes, in Washington State, right, you do not have to drive that far from Washington State to a state where it would be perfectly legal to do a private party transfer in the Walmart parking lot.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: And also there's just a lot of guns in Washington, like there are in Oregon, like there is everywhere in the country. And to the extent that three D printed firearms are used for crime, they tend to be used like specifically in gang crime, where if the three D printed gun isn't available, the professional criminals will access a separate gun. Americans are not overwhelmingly using three D printed firearms to shoot up schools. They're using perfectly normally purchased firearms to shoot up schools.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what we do because this country is full of guns. The state of California is also pursuing a case against three D printed firearms code hosting websites. California passing extremely broad law last year. It prohibits the hosting, distribution, and promotion of the quote unlawful manufacturer of firearms. This has significant repercussions for the First Amendment. Right, Like, the code itself is not a tangible thing gun, it is speech, but in this case it has the instructions allowed the.
Speaker 7: Machine to create gun. Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it appears that there are over one hundred other people indicted in this case. I'm guessing that those are probably the designers who posted their STLs for firearms on the gatalogue.
Speaker 5: I think that the evidence also suggests that's unlikely to hold up in court. Yeah, because like right now, there's a case over the Kansas laws that are mandating like you have age basically restrictions on websites and the like, and there were laws. There was a lawsuit from like a mom who alleged that despite this, her kid was able to access a website that was located out of the state because it didn't have any of these restrictions, and the judge in Kansas ruled like, well, our law doesn't restrict people in other states. They don't have to have like like that's you can't actually enforce this. Yeah, so we'll see how it goes in California.
Speaker 6: But yeah, California is suing for damages in this case. It's a civil case middle one, sure, but still, I mean, there have been a lot of cases about three D printed guns and how they are covered under the under the First Amendment. So yeah, I'm going to keep an eye on this because I guess like the air attacks on the First Amendment from just about every angle right now, and I think we should pay attention to that. That is all I have. Shall we take a little break and then talk about pedophiles?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: I love talking talking about betophiles.
Speaker 7: That's what we do.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 5: This is another yet another episode of the Pedo Files.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I volunteered to do this section.
Speaker 1: These are Epsteine updates as a two day which is Wednesday, Yeah, February eleventh.
Speaker 4: There were quite a few things.
Speaker 5: We just finished her recording a four part on him for Bastards, and there's more new shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It just keeps kevin.
Speaker 4: It is endless, it really is.
Speaker 1: I want to start off which at the top of the week, Gleane Maxwell was supposed to speak to the House Oversight Committee and she was called in for questioning and during a video call. Just so folks know, she is serving a twenty year sentence for sex trafficking and a federal prison camp in Texas, but she invoked her Fifth Amendment right to avoid answering questions that would be self incriminating.
Speaker 4: This was expected, but her lawyer's statement was interesting.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to read it to the audience now. Members of the Committee on my advice, Glenne Maxwell respectfully invoke her Fifth Amendment right to silence and declined to answer your questions day, even though she would very much like to answer your questions. She must remain silent because Miss Maxwell has a habeas petition clearly pending that demonstrates that her conviction rests on a fundamentally unfair trial. For example, jurors lie during Voidier to secure seats on the jury, and the government promised immunity and then broke that promise. Newly Disco's documents now demonstrate these facts conclusively. If this committee in the American public truly want to hear the unfiltered truth about what happened, there is a straightforward path. Miss Maxwell is prepared to speak fully and honestly if granted clemency by President Trump. Sure only she can provide the complete account. Some may not like what they hear, but the truth matters. For example, both President Trump and President Clinton are innocent of any wrongdoing. Miss Maxwell alone can explain why, and the public is entitled to that explanation.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Look, I'll talk to Donald Trump if I can get immunity for some thanks.
Speaker 4: It's like, by the way, would love to speak community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy that could grant me clemency. I can vouch for that guy.
Speaker 5: That's the most doesn't commit crimes thing a person could possibly say.
Speaker 4: Wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm moving on to another guy that was all over the Epstein files, Casey Wasserman.
Speaker 5: Casey wass Robert just said that, like you knew the guy. Oh yeah, I know. That's what I always call them.
Speaker 4: Wasserman.
Speaker 1: He's the founder and CEO of Wasserman, which is a talent agency slash sports marketing agency. And the reason I'm bringing this up is for two reasons. There's two things I want to discuss here. The first one is that since this got announced, he's had major clients, major stars as well as athletes, say that's gross and I'm not going to work with you anymore.
Speaker 4: And I've left the agency, which is fucking cool.
Speaker 8: Which is good.
Speaker 5: It's what you should do if you find out that you are working for someone in the Epstein files.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody specifically communicating consistently with Epstein after his conviction. Right, there's a lot of people who are named in the files.
Speaker 5: A lot of random journalists whose articles got shared in the files or something that yes, yes, yeah, big.
Speaker 4: Name stars here. We're talking like Chapel.
Speaker 2: Row, Chapel Rone.
Speaker 4: You're so annoyed.
Speaker 1: So like chapel Roone was probably the first big name to be like ew, I'm out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And another big part of this is Casey Wasserman is leading the preparations for the twenty twenty eight Summer Olympic Games that are going to be located in Los Angeles and per Fox LA, the LA twenty twenty eight board officially supported chair Casey Wasserman and wednesday, projecting calls for his recognation following an independent misconduct review. While multiple LA elected officials demanded he step down, the board sited his strong leadership and cooperations as reasons for his retention.
Speaker 2: Ew I can't believe the good name of the Olympics finally has a state on its right now? Right?
Speaker 7: Who would have thought?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the Olympics being associated with a bad man?
Speaker 2: I loves the Olympic? This sucks. How will I watch trampoline?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 5: What about luge?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 7: Now that's on the thing right now, that that's already happening. Yeah, you can watch loush.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, you're right. The one good sport. The Olympics is already happening, so we're fine.
Speaker 6: Well, we have to be clear on this luge has us no links to the Jeffrey Epstein files that we know.
Speaker 2: Of the Italian Louge Olympics, completely clean, no problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I want to move on.
Speaker 1: So probably the biggest story of the week, which is UH Attorney General Pambondi took heated questions from lawmakers and compatitive congressional hearing over the Justice Department's handling and the files related to Jeffrey Epstein that exposed sensitive private information about victims despite redaction efforts.
Speaker 4: Her the a key.
Speaker 2: She she frame mogged everyone at this hearing.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, this was the most outrageously unprofessional, shameful, censurable, and sickening congressional hearing in history. And she is a disgrace and disgusting And yeah, I want to get into a little bit of it. I want to start by playing a clip from Representative Raskin. He's the Democratic congressman from Maryland and he is the Democratic ranking House member of the Committee on the Judiciary.
Speaker 9: You're running a massive Epstein cover up right out of the Department of Justice. You've been ordered by subpoena and by Congress to turn over six million documents, photographs, and videos in EPSTEIN files, but you've turned over only three million. You say you're not turning over the other three million because they're somehow duplicative.
Speaker 7: But we know that there are.
Speaker 9: Actual memos of victim statements in the air. And you also took down the Department of Justices prosecution memo from twenty nineteen, so it's clearly not all duplicative. But even if it were, why not release it? Just release all the duplicative stuff. In the half you did reduce, you redacted the names of abusers, enablers, accomplices, and co conspirators, apparently to spare them embarrassment and disgrace, which is the exact opposite of.
Speaker 2: What the law ordered you to do.
Speaker 9: Even worse, you shockingly failed to redact many of the victim's names, which is what you were ordered to do by Congress. Some of the victims had come forward publicly, but many had not. Many had kept their torment private, even from family and friends. But you published their names, their identities, their images on thousands of pages for.
Speaker 2: The world to see.
Speaker 12: So you ignored the law, and even with over one hundred thousand employees at your disposal, you acted with some mixture of staggering incompetence, cold indifference, and jaded cruelty towards.
Speaker 9: More than one thousand victims raped, abused, and trafficked. This performance screams cover up.
Speaker 1: I can't even begin to describe how vile and disgusting it is that they have doxed these survivors of Epstein without their consent. It is traumatizing enough that they had to endure this. Now they've had what happened to them put on display, and now they are going to be targeted. And they have not had the ability to speak up if they wanted to on what happened. But the government, despite being told to not out these survivors, did it, but covered the names of the people that committed these crimes. It is unspeakably disgusting.
Speaker 5: Sorry, well, I feel great.
Speaker 4: It's really upsetting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really deeply.
Speaker 4: Disgusting and upsetting.
Speaker 1: I thought Ranking Member Raskin spoke very clearly here and I appreciated his statement. Yeah, moving on, Bondi's tactics during this were to deflect, deflect, deflect, there's a couple instances that I want to play play for everyone.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, you could assign this to a class, and like if you're talking about every way that like the modern Republican Party tries to deflect culpability for anything negative, Like they all got deployed one after the other in.
Speaker 1: This So there were Epstein survivors in person, and BONDI won'n't even look at them. I want to play a clip from when she's asked to address them here.
Speaker 14: To the survivors in the room, if you were willing, please stand, and if you are willing, please raise your hands. If you have still not been able to meet with this Department of Justice, please know for the record that every single survivor has raised their hand. Attorney General BONDI, you apologize to the survivors and your opening statement for what they went through at the hands of Jeffrey Epstein. Will you turn to them now and apologize for what your Department of Justice has put them through with the un absolutely unacceptable release of the Epstein files and their information.
Speaker 15: Congresswoman, you set before.
Speaker 11: Merritt Garland sat in this chair twice.
Speaker 14: Attorney General fund, I'm going to finish my answer. No, I'm going to reclaim my time because I asked you the Attorney general question, and I would like question to answer, which is, will you turn to the survivors. This is not about anybody that came before you. It is about you taking responsibility for your Department of Justice and the harm that it has done to the survivors who are standing right behind you and are waiting for you to turn to them and apologize for what your Department of justices.
Speaker 8: Members.
Speaker 2: Members get to ask the questions.
Speaker 7: The witness get to answer in the way they want to answer.
Speaker 14: The Attorney General that's not accurate, mister chairman, because she doesn't like the answer. So, mister Chairman, I have asked, she asked merk Garland. This reclaimed I will time.
Speaker 11: Getting the gutter for her theatrics.
Speaker 2: The time belongs to the time belongs to the General Lady. The General Lady has seventeen seconds.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 14: You're not going to answer this question. So let me just chair, what a massive.
Speaker 7: You restore her time?
Speaker 2: The witness have got her with this woman. Let me have my General lady. The General Lady from Washington controls the time. The General Lady has seventeen seconds. You can, you can proceed with your final seventeen second.
Speaker 14: What a massive cover up this has been and continues to be. Donald Trump made the release of the Epstein files the center of his political campaign because he thought it would benefit him. Then you got into office, Attorney General, claim to have.
Speaker 4: A client list for the regular order.
Speaker 14: Say that there was no list. Your deputy met alone.
Speaker 2: Maxwell, the general, lady has expired.
Speaker 14: To a minimum security prison. And now you continue the time that the lady wish you would turn around to the survivors who are standing right behind you, and on a human level, Chairman.
Speaker 2: Now recognizes the chicken man is the time of the Jela.
Speaker 7: You have no time to ye back. We appreciate the thought.
Speaker 1: Despicable, disgusting, despicable. She did not ever turn around and look at these survivors that are in the room.
Speaker 4: Later, she loses it again.
Speaker 1: When asked why she hasn't indicated any of the Epstein clients, in deflex by saying this.
Speaker 11: The dow, the doo right now is over. The dow is over fifty thousand dolls. I don't know why you're laughing. You're a great stock trader. As I hear raskin the DOO is over fifty thousand right now, the S and P at almost seven thousand, and the nasdaqs smashing records. Americans four oh one k's and retirement savings are booming. That's what we should be talking about. We should be talking about making Americans say, we should be talking about.
Speaker 4: What does a DOW have to do with anything? That's what they just asked.
Speaker 11: Are you kidding, mister Jordan.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: You are here for that.
Speaker 11: You are here.
Speaker 4: You are here for hearing on the Epstein files.
Speaker 1: You are the Attorney General of the United States, and you are a fucking piece of shit, fucking nightmare.
Speaker 2: That's in response to a question about indicting Epstein clients. She just starts talking with the stock market.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and only did you just start talking about it? She clearly came with her stats ready to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Because the message is it's fine that all this happened and the Trump was involved. As long as the economy is good, right, people shouldn't be a complaints.
Speaker 2: It's cartoon it's cartoon behavior.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like it's not a it's not even some kind of sophisticated rute.
Speaker 7: So they just go and look over there.
Speaker 2: This would be like in like a British like sketch comedy about the government and like the eighties, like this is like, yeah, it is this wild.
Speaker 4: It's truly horrific. Guess what I still have more to share?
Speaker 1: Here is an exchange and another attempt for her to deflect. She tries to bring up Merrick Garland again. This is with the congresswoman from Vermont.
Speaker 11: Did and ask Merrick Garland anything about Epstein? Not once when he was And also I want the record to reflect that, you know, with this anti Semitic culture right now, she voted against a resolution contempt condemning.
Speaker 4: Oh do you want to go there?
Speaker 2: Attorney?
Speaker 14: Do you want to go there?
Speaker 2: Are you gentlemen talking.
Speaker 15: About a woman who lost your grandfather in the whole.
Speaker 4: It's pretty disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy, she's.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, how can I work in being pro Israel?
Speaker 6: Also again, right, she clearly had like if this person speaks, this is what I will say.
Speaker 1: It's very clear she had a material like cheat sheet of this is how when this person speaks, this is my dirt on this person. When this person speaks, this is my dirt on this person. There are even photos of the dirt she has piled up on each person. She had a sheet of like people's search histories. Just unbelievable deflection.
Speaker 2: To say the least.
Speaker 4: I have one more clip. I want to display it, and then I'd like to talk about it a little bit more.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I want to discuss another man, Donald Trump, who was all over the Epstein files like former prints.
Speaker 1: Here's the video and for reference, this is the very very popular video at Epstein and Trump.
Speaker 4: Worth Epstein wearing that then, I'm sure, and Trump and the pink tie.
Speaker 5: They're kind of like elbowing each other and talking about ladies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, laughing, laughing at a party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've seen it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, former Prince Andrew. Donald Trump attended various parties with Jeffrey Epstein. I want to know whether any underage girls at that party or at any party that Trump attended with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 15: This is so ridiculous and that they are trying to deflect from all the great things Donald Trump has done. There is no evidence that Donald Trump has committed a crime.
Speaker 11: Everyone knows that this has been the most transparent presidency.
Speaker 4: He's the one.
Speaker 10: I got your answer.
Speaker 15: Evidence legislation this is belongs to the gentleman from California.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm going to put up another document from a witness who called the FBI's National Threat Operations Center because I believe you just lied under oath. There is ample evidence into Epstein.
Speaker 11: Don't you ever accuse me of.
Speaker 10: I believe you just lie under oath. And this is all on videotape. You said there's no events of crime. I'm showing you. Here is a witness statement who who called into the fi's Threat Operations Center. He drove Donald Trump around in limo. He overheard Donald Trump said to Jeffrey on his cell phone he was so angry he was going to stop a limo and hurt Donald Trump. And he met a girl who said she was raped by Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein. She later had her head blown off, and the officers at the scene said that could not have been suicide. No one, no one at the part of justice interviewed this witness. You need to interview this witness immediately. Epstein should rot in hell, so should the men who patronaze his operation. And as we say here today, there are over one thousand sex trafficking victims and you have not held a single man accountable.
Speaker 8: Shame on you.
Speaker 10: If you had any decency, you would resign right after this here concluded.
Speaker 2: Gentleman has expired.
Speaker 1: She did not answer a single question, honestly, she didn't not give a yes or no answer.
Speaker 4: The Republicans spent the time trying.
Speaker 1: To deflect by she had like this sheet of like, well, in your state, this person committed a crime in your district. This person committed a crime, and tried to deflect every which way.
Speaker 5: Congress people aren't law enforcement, like no.
Speaker 1: And the Republicans spent the time praising her and praising Trump and touting their own agenda.
Speaker 4: And this is not justice. This is sickening.
Speaker 1: I I what precedent this sends to people who are survivors of horrific sex crimes.
Speaker 5: I mean the president they want to send is don't say shit, right.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's what it sends. And we can't allow this to go on. We have to keep talking about it. Sorry, I'm just very upset. Pam BONDI she is one of the most despicable people in the world. Oh yeah, yeah, to get up there with with survivors in the room and to not look at them, to not answer a single question and to continuously deflect and lie. It's impossibly disgusting and very very very sad, very very sad.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm okay, Yeah, well, I don't know what else to say about it.
Speaker 4: It's impossibly disgusting and very very sad.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope that these survivors get some kind of justice someday. We are not going to forget about them. We are not going to stop talking about it. Something has to give here, this is this is not justice, This is despicable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going to happen or if anything's going to give in the near future, but people are pissed, and hopefully we'll continue to be, which is I guess all we can hope for is that before much longer, the time comes around where we could make sure that these people, including the folks protecting them now pay. So you know, yeah, we got any other news or has this? Nope, it's a real bummer of an ending. Yeah, well yeah, appropriate right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we reported the news.
Speaker 5: Gear, Yeah, I love the news.
Speaker 2: We reported the news.
Speaker 1: Yep, James, anything anything you want to plug at the end here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you want to email us with news tips, You can email cool Zone Tips at proton dot me if you want to email us with episode ideas. I will make another email for that, but it makes it significantly harder for all of us going through the news tips email if you just email us with things that you think we should talk about, so we will try and partition those two things off so that we can deal with both of them separately.
Speaker 5: Okay, bye, we reported the news.
Speaker 13: It could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website folzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever.
Speaker 4: You listen to podcasts.
Speaker 13: You can now find sources where it Could Happen here listened directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening.