Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right. You can buy your allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welc up to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Waters I heard and I want to hear your opinions her. The real villain on the show is doctor Jackie.
Speaker 2: Absolutely as hucking lutey. Yeah she is, she is.
Speaker 3: But if she's the real villain, then what does it make the ladies are they? Is she geppetto and they're Pinocchio?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What does that make them?
Speaker 3: They won't like, let's see what's gonna happen with all of the reckoning that's happened with Jackie this season. Are they gonna really show her, I mean, grasping her career, her reputation, it's married to medicine.
Speaker 2: This is she's dealing with a whole lot right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, are they gonna really show that if she comes back, or are they gonna all just Jackie do these you know, great doctor you know apology letters or I don't know, like, are they gonna really show what she's going through and how she picked picks up the pieces because that's what people need to see. Yes, she is the real villain to me in what way? I just think she's never She's just always been so horrible to me.
Speaker 2: I loved Jackie.
Speaker 3: I've always loved her, looked up to her, and I thought it was my fault. And we talked about this one time at a reunion. She said, it's not my fault that you looked up to me. You did that, and she was right. She just never cared for me. The first time she came in my house, she didn't even speak to me.
Speaker 2: Go back to season one, she just from day one she did not care for me. She was really rude.
Speaker 3: I thought she didn't you know how some older people, my mom would say this to me, some older women don't respect younger successful women or something. I don't know. I don't really know what it is. I don't know if it's you know, I just assumed it was something she was dealing with in her own life. But I know how she feels about the other women because how she treated me, and it slowly but surely kind of seeps through if you just really watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, when she was going through this controversy in regards to her comments on Heavenly's YouTube channel, what were your thoughts about that?
Speaker 2: Why was it on heav Ofless YouTube channel?
Speaker 3: Why was it on Heavenless YouTube channel?
Speaker 2: Was my thoughts? I thought, Oh, she is the wild god.
Speaker 3: She is definitely I thought, why was it on Heavenly's YouTube channel? That was my first thought. Suppose to her best friend? That was my first thought. My heart went out to her yet again that lebershit it did, because I know she holds her reputation in very high regard, but she's human.
Speaker 2: And that's real. But I think she needs to face the music.
Speaker 3: This is how you make people feel. What are you gonna do about it? And my next thought was fire your whole PR team because honestly, like they hate people like me.
Speaker 2: But I would have said, Jackie, just tell people the truth. You messed up. Why would you go on there.
Speaker 3: First of all, you doubled down and said, you know it was misconstrued.
Speaker 2: You know it was a two hour video. It's misconstrued.
Speaker 3: Then you turned around and did an apology and that you read from a script. Just get on there and be honest, be your authentic self, because the truth of the matter, she's not God.
Speaker 2: They make mistakes.
Speaker 3: But if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again, maybe you've created a culture. Maybe this is who you is. Maybe you need to step back and reevaluate how you treat people and how you treat your patients. I would say the same thing to Aiden exactly, and I felt like that's the issue.
Speaker 2: There's nobody.
Speaker 3: Probably she has a friend though that I would have thought would have told her she got a judge tyranny that it's real kind of like me, Like I like her.
Speaker 2: So I was shocked.
Speaker 3: Like when she did that apology, it was just eh, it was cringey because it.
Speaker 2: Was a lot of people hurt.
Speaker 3: I do know she cares about her career and what she does, and she loves what she does. I'll give her that. I'm gonna do more than what they've done for me. She loves delivering babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, she loves her career. And I've said this publicly too, that my mom died of breast cancer and when she was suffering, I called doctor Jackie and we spoke for an hour, and she gave me the greatest advice. Obviously, at that time it was too late for my mother, she had stage four, but I've always gone on record saying that she definitely helped me through that process and gave me some great advice because I do know she loves her career and she is great at what she does. So I also wanted to make that clear too. When it comes to the show. Do you feel like they protect her?
Speaker 2: They do? They do.
Speaker 3: Like what's going on with her marriage right now, Like this is married to medicine, and a lot of the story of this show is how hard it is for the husbands that are married to these successful black doctors. Let's talk about it because the world sometimes sometimes minimizes black men as coaches like doctor Curtis, as successful marketing reps.
Speaker 2: Like Samone's husband Cecil.
Speaker 3: Like, we don't see how as successful as they are, it's not enough for the world sometimes, so I think seeing that is important and.
Speaker 2: Why hide it? If it was Toya, they.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't hide it, Baby, if it was me, they wouldn't hide it.
Speaker 2: Why hide that? Like? It's real. It's why you're on a show.
Speaker 3: You can't just show the bits and pieces that work for you.
Speaker 2: You have to show the real shit.
Speaker 3: And I would say that to them and it honestly, it humanizes it. Lets you see we all are more alike than different. Honestly, we all deal with a lot of the same issues.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on Toya?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think Toya is at a m passy I do. I think she needs something for her. I think she needs something for her. And I'm not saying raising her kids isn't enough, being a wife isn't enough. I'm not saying that, but she needs something for her. So when I heard that she was doing the wine, I was really.
Speaker 2: Happy for her.
Speaker 3: I hope that that suffices and you know, feels whatever void she has. But I think, honestly, Toya is probably the most real of all the ladies. Yes, I do I think love or hate her. For me as a producer, she was the epitome of a doctor's wife, love a hater.
Speaker 2: Every doctor and nurse told me go and meet Toya Harris.
Speaker 3: That's the only person that I did not know that everybody told me to cast. Toya was the person that every nurse and doctor said, do you know Toya Harris?
Speaker 2: Toya and Eugene Harris.
Speaker 3: So for me, she was She is a major part of married to medicine.
Speaker 2: She is love her, love her or hate her.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of what medicine looks like with a lot of the wives. That wasn't my life, but I respect it because it's.
Speaker 1: Hers, It's I was just about to say that it's different, and we got a chance to see the difference.
Speaker 2: Toya reminds you know, what do you think of Toy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, and I'm being very honest with you. Toya is from Detroit. I'm from Detroit. Toya reminds me of my mom in some ways. So when you said she needs something for her, my mother ten kids, same man husband, and my daddy was a housewife her entire life. The reason why I was sad, I mean not. I was sad as a teenage boy from my mom because I felt like she wants more, but she knows it may come at the cost and the price of her marriage. She knew that. And and and as a I'm a mom's boy, huntings, I'm a liber I love my mom child, So yeah, I'm sure he adoes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: My mom was like, who do you my best friend? Right when I see Toya. Because I was asked this past Monday, does Toya love Eugene? I said, I believe she does, absolutely, and I believe she's grateful for Eugene. I said. When I look at Toya, she reminds me of my mother's generation of women from Detroit who gave everything to their husband and the kids. And when I look at Toya and her honesty about her marriage, I do believe in my opinion, and this is no disrespect to Toya or Eugenie, who I love. I love the both of them. I think Toya wants something. I'm not saying she wants divorce or a new man. When I look at Toya, I look at a woman who wants something else besides what her reality is at the moment. I think she's great television. I think she's real to a fault. I think Toya is like that's how I feel. I may get read by the comments I don't give her that's how I feel. But I definitely think she is one of the examples of your creation of this show. And I think she I think she lives the life for the cameras. I'm too much. I'm shocked.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you the story about toy too much almost.
Speaker 2: I remember telling the women.
Speaker 3: I remember I remember getting all these all the women together and say, hey, I want to meet I think we met it. The South African restaurant is ten degrees.
Speaker 2: South or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: All the women together. And this is when I want to have the most Favorite Nations. It's going into second season. Like listen, they're gonna try to divide us. They want to do divide and conquer, So we got to be a step ahead.
Speaker 2: This is what we need to do.
Speaker 3: Let's do this most favorite nations so they can't divide us. This is the you know, integral castle, like, this is what it is. This is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: And just so you know, Niemi Kim and Charade did that going to season.
Speaker 2: Two, smart switch.
Speaker 1: I want you to know that that is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I went and I told all the women.
Speaker 3: Get together, Jackie, all of us. Toya went to the other producers and said, Mariah is trying to get us.
Speaker 2: Toya snitched on me.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to help us, like I'm trying to help with them, really, because I know I was gonna get my coin.
Speaker 2: I keeping it real with you. I knew I was gonna.
Speaker 3: Get paid, yeah, but I wanted it. I knew that they were going to start playing us who's the star, who's not the star? So in order to just lock everything in and everybody be on the same court, and I knew they couldn't play us against each other with money, you know what I mean, or the budget. If you just lock in, do that most favorite nations. Toya went told them so to your You're right. She does it to a fault almost, and I think she means well, but it comes off the wrong way at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: Sometimes. She was the only person.
Speaker 3: I think her and Eugenie were the only people that kind of stepped up for me when she was the person that suggested, honestly, I mean, this might have came from the producers by way of her, I don't know. She was the person that said you should go and do the hair test with the drug stuff and yeah, and found the place for me to go that was Toya.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't really listening to Toyas, but.
Speaker 3: I did, so, you know, I have a respect for her, you know, in that regard because I think it comes from a good place. But I also feel like sometimes she just doesn't listen.
Speaker 1: Do you guys still talk?
Speaker 3: No, I don't talk to any of them. The last person I talked to and it wasn't talk, it was a text, was Quad and it was because she lost a family member and I just sent my condolences.
Speaker 1: Did she respond to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And I think she was happy to receive the message. Yeah. I just at least you could do, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What are your thoughts on Sweet Tea.
Speaker 3: I don't really know her, honestly, I just I hope she has a fair chance. I feel I really feel like I think Heavenly is going from the snippets I've seen from your show and just kind of what I've seen on social media, I think Heavenly is going too hard on her and her Man I don't understand why she's so caught up.
Speaker 2: If she can have babies. If she can, she didn't do it. That's why Qua I didn't have a baby with Doctor G.
Speaker 3: Why didn't she do I don't think I think that is double standards.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's hazing the new girl.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 3: I would call it hazing if I thought she was gonna make the line. I think they do more things to block you out and shut you out. So I think that she's shutting Sweet Tea out versus giving her a chance.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If the girl got a big person out, I don't know. And maybe she's trying to make herself up.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what the goal is.
Speaker 3: But I think you have to give people a chance because the first season you go on you don't really know who you are. You know who you are, but not on TV, like just it's just different. When you see yourself, you're like, oh god, I mean I had blue eye shadow up to like blue and yellow eye shuddle up to my head, like you know, you just just see yourself. When you see yourself, it's like wow. So I think they just got to give people a chance. I don't think they give a lot of these ladies a real chance.
Speaker 2: And that's the issue I have. See what she can become?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Like, why are you poking this girl? She really truly just is a newlywed. Marriage is hard enough and heavily doesn't have room to speak on anybody's marriage at all.
Speaker 2: Why no marriage is perfect? I spoke on mine.
Speaker 3: I was warming enough to speak on mine and the issues we've had in it's some of the issues we've had in it, because there's no perfect relationship, but heavens ain't perfect either.
Speaker 1: Do you still have the receipts and the invoices?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: But it's not my place to keep a journal on anybody else's husband because I got one on my own and I'm just not trying to do that. I don't put shit past nobody, her husband, my husband. I ain't following no husbands. That ain't what the show.
Speaker 2: Was created for, right, you give it. I just did not want to get into that. I really didn't.
Speaker 3: And then Aiden is a liber too, and he's like, he can't do it, you can't, And I.
Speaker 2: Start saying, well, what you got to had? Why do you say?
Speaker 1: Why? I'm I don't put at all, even if you go to the gas station at least once a day.
Speaker 3: Black brown, baby white, it's about that.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about your thoughts about Phaedra joining Mary to medicine.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand the correlation. You know, it really to me, same thing I said, it's quiet. I think Fader deserves her own show spin off, like she's in law. I think that she has proven that she's a big character and she's entertaining. So I don't want to make it seem like I'm being shady, because I'm not. I just didn't see the correlation with her when married to medicine unless she had a male practice suit and it was referencesenting one of the women.
Speaker 2: I just didn't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: And I think, honestly, Fader was there for a check. She's cute and sitting up and she was perched. She wasn't at work. She was at a collectical coin and it was obvious. You didn't see that as a producer.
Speaker 1: I listen, was she there to work?
Speaker 2: Or was she there?
Speaker 1: But this is the thing about me, was she there to work or collect I said it on my Monday. No, I'm the one listen what thing about me. That's why it bothers me when people want to talk about me, called me out, my name, messy whatever. Why are you mad at me for commenting on what you're showing on a show you signed up to be on the show. I signed up to do these YouTube and podcasts so I know that I'll get read for PHILP. I don't care what y'all think about me when it comes to Theedra who I worked with Atlanta Housewives, great television, funny as a wit, whims the call, you know, pomp to circumstance, all those things. When it came to a maritime medicine, predictable, unpredictable, the justaposition between being a Christian and a city girl.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I love that. We love it and she leans into it, which makes it more funny because you know what she's doing. Yeah, yeah, you know the whole like Willie Watkin's funeral home, Like she understands the assignment. I've always said that she does. First episode, I was like, it was good to see her back on television because she's great TV. After episode one, I said this public and I'll say it again. It is anti climactic. She has brought nothing to this season. She's a disappointment. She is there for the paycheck. And what makes it more infuriating to me, you girls have been there for ten seasons and you are going to war with the people you started with, from you to Quad, and I know that it's different wars, right, Yeah, y'all let her get by so easily, y'all. Some of y'all look like fans. Some of y'all are starstruck.
Speaker 3: Do you think that maybe we had too much of an expectation of phasia?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the thing, Number one, I call it stunt casting. Stunt casting is when you bring somebody who has a familiar name and fan base and use them to get eyeballs to the show.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If she was really dating a doctor, then go Off says, is the luck of the draw, the reality God said, girl got something for you, Right, no doctor, no relationship. I don't see Apollo. I'm not seeing you do anything. But what bothers me the most is these girls are so opinionated, and some of them come across as fans, and.
Speaker 2: Let's have they given their opinion.
Speaker 1: On no Faje walks around there. I was shocked, shocked that at Latoya's wine event when they were all at the table and Quad, now I'm not Quad. Phaedria has now admitted that she did switch her flight so that she won't be on the same flight as Quad, because what I now understand about the environment of Meritan medicine is it's Sinkle swim. It's like it's Sinkle swim, right, So she knew that if I'm around you, these other girls won't mess with me. So when Pedro was at that dinner table with her rear leather jacket and blonde tresses, and these girls are coming for Quad, y'all came on the show together. You knew you know Quah better than the rest of these girls. You sat there and didn't utter a word in the fence of her and all of these girls because they were gas lit by whomever, and gave all of that to Quad. When I'm looking at them and saying, this is the one who possibly makes more than y'all who came on the show showed.
Speaker 3: Off her outfits, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's she came.
Speaker 3: She gave her, She gave the girls a fashion show. She said, I'm not gonna sweat it out. I'm gonna stay intact. I'm not gonna you girls work. And she looks good, so I don't get fined.
Speaker 1: That's one of this. She looks amazing.
Speaker 2: She did. She does I know how.
Speaker 1: To produce Pager in the sense of you gotta make her work, make her work, clock clock in, clock in. And I'm more disappointed in those girls for not saying, if you want to be a part of our show, we're not lucky to have you, You're lucky to have us. Clock in. Let me show you what we do here. So what's what is going on with you? No, you are messy? What was going on here? Like what? And I'm not saying, you know she was on the show.
Speaker 3: I would want to know some of the other things, like what happened. You can't leave this group of friends and and and come to this one and not explain a lot of things unanswered questions in this group.
Speaker 1: Heavenly said that, and this is how the show works. Unfortunately, Heavenly did say that she gave Phaedra heads up that hey, they want me to bring up candy. What she gave her heads up? She said this publicly, and that Phedra allegedly called the production and the network use some curse words.
Speaker 3: But what doesn't that strike you as odd heavenly of all people? Do you think that she's giving Sweet Tea heads up? Why would she give Faedra a heads up on anything? They're not friends, they don't have history, so it's what it's It wasn't her reputation? Was it that she's phaser like to me like that speaks volumes? Why would she call Faedra? I don't get that. Why would she do that?
Speaker 1: Phaedra has gotten that show and ran it.
Speaker 2: You even more power too? Running bitches? Are they stupid enough to go along?
Speaker 1: It's crazy to me, And I say to you, it's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: I wish I will keep on running them.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I deserve it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: If they allow it, then so be it.
Speaker 1: Who would you like to see American Medison moving forward? Who's your dream cast? Oh?
Speaker 2: I know he was going to ask me that.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the dream cast is, but I do. I feel as though Toya should be there. I think Buffy. I'd like to see what Genie could do.
Speaker 2: And you know, I my antennas are up for Sweet Tea. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think she's great television.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet. I haven't really watched.
Speaker 1: She has potential.
Speaker 3: Something's coming out of her, like making her rise to the occasion, maybe for all wrong reasons, but you know, I think that she will rise to do what she needs.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Even with the new I haven't heard the new young lady. I think Alicia. I've never heard her say anything.
Speaker 1: Well, she's doing the Beyonce a Mute challenge and have been doing it for two months.
Speaker 2: It's too like, I don't get are they cutting it out or.
Speaker 1: Is she just not I think she's holding her breath.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It has to be saying like they have to be editing out. There's no way she could be in all those scenes and not saying.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, she's a beautiful girl.
Speaker 2: She's like a younger version of Jackie. To me, y'all don't see that.
Speaker 1: I look again, because I don't see her.
Speaker 2: Takeingized brown like, yeah, the looks okay.
Speaker 3: I can tell you why they casted her, why she's the younger version of Jackie. But she probably has another side. She probably has another side that they haven't shown yet.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. She's a younger version of Jackie.
Speaker 2: Guarantee you, but she has another side.
Speaker 1: Is it time for some of the ogs to be removed?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Absolutely. I think that they've gotten very complacent. I think that that, just like medicine, the shows have to evolve, and it's not evolving. It's not And then even when they bring on new people, they stunt their growth. They won't allow them to prosper at all.
Speaker 2: They block them. And I don't understand.
Speaker 3: It could be I'm telling you, it could be a It is a good show, but it would be an amazing show if they the producers just take their hand out of it and just let them ladies leave, Let like for real, just let it happen.
Speaker 2: It's a group of good women. And if you.
Speaker 3: Really just let it happen the way it's supposed to, not tell people who to be friends with, who to ice out, then I think that things will happen the way they're supposed to.
Speaker 1: We want you back on television, and by we I mean me and the world. I'm included.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, I'm ready. Are they ready for me? For me? Well? What on some okay? Ass is ready for me? Who could take me.
Speaker 1: Would you would you do an ensemble show?
Speaker 2: What an ensemble do me?
Speaker 1: I'm not getting what unsemble do me?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can get in line with the group of girls, orf they gonna line up next to me because I'm not gonna dumb it down anymore. I'm not going to I'm not getting attention anymore. I mean, I feel like I was nice and sweet and that didn't work out. I feel like I was let the librougs I was trying to do and then look they still hate it and they pushed.
Speaker 2: A bitch out. So this the next time around. Yes, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: I'll do it ensemble. Now how long it would be ensemble? I don't know, but I would.
Speaker 2: I love TV. I was born to do it.
Speaker 1: You listen. I always say there's certain people who were in my opinion, you know, like there's certain people who are born to be a doctor. They were born to be an athlete. You were born to be a reality star.
Speaker 2: Oh a reality sung.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna tell you no, no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: You can have That's like me saying you're born to be a blogger.
Speaker 3: Let me get you.
Speaker 1: It's not even shame you mean this? Always tell people reality. I'm going to redefine when reality started me? Is the reality of your life? Is reality unscripted things? That's what I meant, just like I.
Speaker 2: Was born to entertain.
Speaker 1: Oh you're entertaining, but you are meant to be on reality television and make a mass millions off of that and multiple streats of income.
Speaker 3: Right. You know the funny part you're saying that is I never felt like that. You know what I felt like. I feel like my gift is and this is what people don't get why I was never jealous of any of those ladies.
Speaker 2: My gift is bringing the best out of other people, making other people.
Speaker 1: I can see that.
Speaker 2: But in that I lost myself, like I forgot to.
Speaker 1: I don't know too many people who could come out and say, pressure, watch this motherfucker nasty as that's my point. I wasn't even try but listen to me, that's my point.
Speaker 2: I felt like that. I know it was dirty ship. Well look she I'm painted it now. I like the white.
Speaker 3: I ventured the pressure wash it every other week.
Speaker 1: No, I know with some I just know it's started. I see one and when they're being real. When you said pressure washes, motherfucker, we all contaminated. We something said, and then you have these you have these moments that are you can't make them up. You are meant to be on television. Do you have anything in the words? Are you?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: But I don't know if you're gonna like it. I have a you know, I have a talk show coming. It's called The Glow Up in heavy negotiations. We filmed three episodes here e sleek, full studio audience, and I am so excited about it. But it's not the Mariah that you've seen in the reality way.
Speaker 2: You know, It's still me, my personality.
Speaker 3: It's you know it, And it's the other side of me that loves entrepreneurship and recognizing so many minorities like you and I that had to work so hard for a seat at the table. And that's what this show is about.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Yeah, how.
Speaker 2: You got a seat at the table?
Speaker 3: Telling your story how hard it is and not only getting one, keeping one.
Speaker 2: Nobody talks about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, you reign supreme in reality TV, but keeping that spot, yeah, it's so hard.
Speaker 1: No, And people don't get it because I don't think people know that it's hard to run a production company full service. I am responsible for the crew, the editing, and the cast, and all of this is a big to do. I think people think I just said in my clothes and read the girls and you don't and eat some chickpea tuna like I Literally, it's a lot of work to do. But that's the reason why I think you are meant to be on a show that focuses on that.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you create one for me?
Speaker 1: Well, I know, would you be open to co creating one with me?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 3: I would, and I will let me tell you and.
Speaker 2: I will work that mother, So yes, God, I would. Honey, I'm ready for it. Ready, I am ready. I miss it.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it.
Speaker 2: Be doing, you know, I even know I am like, I don't. Really I needed a moment. I'm gonna be honest. I needed a moment because I wouldn't have been productive for anybody. Like. I was angry.
Speaker 3: I can say that I was angry for the way things played out on Married to Medicine. I was very angry, But you know what, so be it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm ready for the next step. I told you what you gonna do? Love in medicine. I got some girls in mine. What would be the perfect cast for marriage to medicine. I'll tell you the perfect cast for love and medicine.
Speaker 1: Love and medicine, Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. You already think a franchise?
Speaker 3: Already, you already, and I got some girls. Mm hmmm, I too, Yeah, I bet you won't be giving opinions on merits and medicine for too much longer.
Speaker 2: What you said. But you know why. I am so proud of you.
Speaker 3: I heard I heard Oprah give you a shout out for your one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yes episode The Love and Maritionsville.
Speaker 2: How does that feel?
Speaker 1: You know what it's. It's the combination of my hard work. It's not it's not easy to do what we do. I don't talk a lot about my difficulty being in this business. I relate to you so much. I know what it's like to be iced out. I know what it's like to have a machine come against you. I know what it's like when you surpassed people's expectations of you. I know what it's like for I know what it's like for people who look.
Speaker 4: Like you, your own race turn on you because they're afraid of they're afraid of going against the machine, and they they now publicly despaired you. You know, they call you out your name, they make up stories about you, they tell you know, it's it's all because the only thing I wanted to do was I just want to do more, to be told you burned the bridge, to be told that it's it's it's it's people don't understand it's it's it's kept up, it's.
Speaker 1: Stept up, and we're libras. And there's the moments of I cried myself to sleep at nine medium nights because I was like, the world thinks on this person when if you ever meet me, you would say, he's like the nicest, sweetest guy. He's funny and what ch'a don't understand that he's doing. He's talking about you because he cares and he knows that his voice is powerful. So it's going to just put more money in your pocket. But when you have somebody in your ear, what is most hurtful for me is that the people who are loved similar to you, who you gave opportunities to, they turn against you because they know that there's people who sign their checks, there's people who are the opposite race of them, and they're afraid of them. There's a lot of black people and unscripted who are afraid of going against the white man so much because because because there's a lot of people who believe white is right white. And I am going through that as we speak. I'm going through that as we speak.
Speaker 3: And why we create such amazing content when we create all of these things, if we have our own studios, we have our they can't recreate what we do. They can't duplicate it. And it's not about white or black. But I'm saying, when you were born to do certain things, yeah, and you create magic. We just have to know our power because it's getting to a point with social media.
Speaker 2: Do we need certain things? No, you do it ourselves.
Speaker 1: But you've shown that, You've shown building this impot that you have. And that's the reason why when I reached out to you, I said, listen, I could talk to you all their long, child, but I need to use my platform. And I said, I want to get a tour. I want the world to see what this black woman has created in her silent times. I know what it's like for God to hide you when I left in Line of Housewives and I love at a time where I was being attacked by a cast and some other people, right, and I left shitting.
Speaker 2: On your name.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I moved to LA. I moved to LA because I wanted more for myself and it was hurtful and I cried.
Speaker 2: Carlos, look at you now you're reigning.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I am so proud of you, and I mean that from the pits of my heart and you when I look at you.
Speaker 2: I see the possibilities.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to go to social media and I mean that, but I'll go to yours and say I can do this.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should just let's see what So know that seeing you do it and what you can do, it inspires and it uplifts and you put a little miss into it. I mean, so be it. We're born to do something. Yes, we like extra credit.
Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 2: We were born to be seeing too much. So that's what that's the greatness in it.
Speaker 3: But I am so proud of you and to see you continue to create and not just create shows, create jobs.
Speaker 2: People don't get that part of it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to reality with the King New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions yet and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, King Dooming Entertainment, Baby