Speaker 1: As you may have heard, Meat Eater is hitting the road again this spring for another round of Meat Eater Live. Join us for a fun night celebrating the outdoor lifestyle. We'll deliver laughs, trivia, news and opinion from across the worlds of hunting, fishing, wildlife, conservation and wild foods. And here's another reason to come. Every ticket includes a signed copy of the new Meat Eater Outdoor cookbook, Wild Game Recipes for the Grill, Smoker, Campstove and Campfire, which is a thirty eight dollars value. All ages are welcome. Tickets are on sale now and here's where we're going. Tuesday, April twenty third. The Mesa Arts Center in Mesa, Arizona, Wednesday April twenty fourth. The Balboa Theater in San Diego Thursday April twenty fifth, The Grove in Anaheim, California, Saturday, April twenty seventh. The Crest Theater in Sacramento Monday, April twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: The Union in.
Speaker 1: Salt Lake City Tuesday April thirtieth, The Egyptian in Boys Wednesday, May first, The Wilma in Missoula Thursday, May second, The Bing Crosby Theater in Spokane Saturday, May fourth, the Revolution Hall in Portland, Oregon, Sunday May fifth, Pantageous Theater in Tacoma. For tickets and more information, visit the events page on the medeater dot com or the theater websites. And if you're not able to make it to the show, but are still interested in getting your hands on a signed copy of the new Meat Eater Outdoor Cookbook, you can do so at Signed Outdoor Cookbook dot com. That's Signed Outdoorcookbook dot com and Barnes and Noble Online. It's podcast Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Brody, Yanni Randall, cal Christine Corinne and Max. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the stant of the week. This week we're looking at near perfect games, which is when the winner finishes with nine correct answers. That has happened seventeen times in the history of Meat Eater trivia, which is eighteen percent of all games. Ten of those seventeen near perfect games were done by Brody. Brody, is there one that sticks out in your mind as a figure It's happened ten times? Now?
Speaker 3: Not really, man, No, I mean, did I lose to anyone?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 5: Are those winning nines? Are those? Well?
Speaker 1: I think two of them were tiebreaker nines that happened.
Speaker 3: Imagine a perfect game then that would be irritating.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think if I asked that question Randall, he'd know the exact act question that he got wrong. Yeah. Now here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Meat Eater dot com with the subject line I f a Q. Eric Moore wants to know who does Steve most like to beat at trivia? Same question for Randall, Yanni callan Brody. Now, we don't have Steve here to answer, but I feel like we can answer for him. I think it would be Brodie. Okay, they're in agreement. Steve most likes to be.
Speaker 5: Steve talk about never heard of him?
Speaker 1: Now, Brody, who do you enjoy beating most at trivia?
Speaker 5: Everyone?
Speaker 1: Okay, and come on, give us a better answer than that.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 1: He likes to beat you all equally when it comes to trivia, Yanni, who do you who do you get the most pleasure out of winning against in trivia?
Speaker 6: Take no pleasure? Okay, I take a little pleasure.
Speaker 5: Terrible answers?
Speaker 6: Knowing, I guess I'll give us a good answer.
Speaker 1: Who do you like beating at trivia?
Speaker 6: I think great against anybody only time.
Speaker 7: Only time I want to win is when I see like Steve getting all riled up and super like obsessive. Then it's like something something needs to happen and it can't be winning.
Speaker 1: Randall, can you give us a satisfying answer? Who do you like to beat? Immediate to trivia? Uh?
Speaker 8: I don't know that there's a person I enjoy beating. I just love winning. So I just I love winning and I hate losing to Brody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all said, Chris, Okay, very good. There's some housekeeping to get to. In a previous game of trivia, Yanni brought up a horror movie that he watched called Triangle. Phil disagreed, saying it wasn't a horror movie at all. Well, Phil has an update for us on this front.
Speaker 9: Take it away, Phil, Yeah, well, if you watch the YouTube version, I kind of slipped it in there if you're an audio only listener. Yeah, Jans was talking about a movie. He's thinking it his channel flipping somehow. That's the thing people still do in twenty twenty four, I guess.
Speaker 5: And he's in the hotel room.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: The best place to do it these days.
Speaker 9: And he said, I was watching a movie called Triangle I think came up and people were getting killed on a boat. And then I very smugly butted in with the tone of like, oh, Yannis, you and a innocent adult. It's that movie's called the Triangle of Sadness and it's not a horror movie. Turns out there's a there's another movie with Triangle in the title where people are killed on a boat. And yeah, and you, honest was right. There's a movie called Triangles. I just want to apologize to Giannis for acting.
Speaker 1: So there's the movie Triangle and the movie Triangle of Sadness. It was Phil's best YouTube added ever. He put both movie posters side by side, and both of them are set on a boat, which.
Speaker 2: Is nicely done.
Speaker 6: Phil, I can tell you and my I think my late years at forty five, now, those kind of movies don't interest me one bit.
Speaker 1: Did they ever interest you?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, there was a Yeah, there's a period. Yeah, I don't know. It's like it's fun to get scared and fun to get see people get messed up or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Not anymore. He takes no pleasure in winning meat Eater trivia or watching people get killed on TV.
Speaker 7: So what was it? A slasher movie? Like lots of blood and gore and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I only watch it for thirty seconds and then I was I was on, you know. But there was just a dude in wearing like a cloth mask, very small holes cut out of it, which I'm like, he can't be running around with that thing on. And that brought it. I brought it.
Speaker 7: I brought it up.
Speaker 6: It was interesting because he had an over and over under and when he fired once, then you heard the.
Speaker 1: Sound racking a shotgun.
Speaker 6: Before he shot again.
Speaker 1: It's like in The Walking Dead never have to reload their shotguns ever. They can. They can like shoot fifty straight shells and uh yeah, never see him reload.
Speaker 10: That would be nice for duck hun work.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Now, the Shelby index for today's round is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil.
Speaker 11: Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 8: How's that?
Speaker 7: Just?
Speaker 2: Tend to win everything? Was that?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 2: You didn't interrupt?
Speaker 1: No, No, that was cal.
Speaker 12: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay. Question one, the topic is biology, and this is multiple choice. Which of these animals does not have a banculum? Is it black bear, raccoon, Golden retriever or Canada moose? Which of these animals does not have a baculum? Black bear, raccoon, Golden retriever, Canada moose, Kla, Janni, Seth and Brodie. You pure confident, Randall as well? Three of those animals have a vaculum. One does not.
Speaker 7: I once squared off on a small game veterinarian.
Speaker 1: Okay, look forward to mm hmm a.
Speaker 5: Small game veterinarian.
Speaker 7: Yes, and he was like, that's not what it's called.
Speaker 1: What did he want to call it?
Speaker 5: That only worked on squirrels and rabbits and ship like that.
Speaker 7: I say small, uh you know, not small animal, not large animal.
Speaker 1: The world could use this one small game vettic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, busy in the fall.
Speaker 5: We always used to.
Speaker 7: Say, and take a hell of a vet to bring that one back on the shoot stuff.
Speaker 1: Christine, are we ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Max saying golden retriever, Christine saying.
Speaker 10: Moves only one.
Speaker 1: The rest of the moves they got it. The correct answer is Canada moose. I'm sorry Max, so specific with.
Speaker 5: What kind of moves?
Speaker 1: Just said like throw you off a little all It threw me off. So. A baculum is a penis bone. They are found in most primates, rodents, hedgehogs, bears, dogs, walruses, seals, otters, weasels, and bats. In two thousand and seven, a four and a half foot fossilized vaculum from an extinct species of walrus was sold for eight thousand dollars. The seller claimed it was the largest in the world. Question two. The topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Thomas.
Speaker 2: Wilms were this great question.
Speaker 1: Thomas is going to get a board game signed by the crew if you want a chance to win our listener question of the Week and send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. The topic is fishing. Name two of the five states with the most registered boats in twenty twenty two. Topic is fishing. Name two of the five states with the most registered boats in twenty twenty two. Max, do we have this one? Right?
Speaker 10: I sure, hope so.
Speaker 13: And it's so funny because I was trapping with Seth a couple of weeks ago and he taught me what that was.
Speaker 8: M I should have Yeah, Okay, gave him the old vaculum lesson.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she showed We showed Max vaculums off of pine Martins, coyotes, Pine Martin, box sock and raccoons. It's like smaller than a toothpick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People would pay a lot of money for a lesson like that. Seth Man's just got it for free.
Speaker 6: You show something.
Speaker 8: We can show different vaculums.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shadow box full of vaculums.
Speaker 1: Again, you need to have two states on your whiteboard. Name two of the five states with the most registered boats in twenty twenty two. I feel like, you know.
Speaker 8: Those big posters that have like different fish sort of arranged by size in the Latin name. I think we could. We could do a nice vaculum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in the.
Speaker 7: Store, from what I have seen, the badger takes the cake as far as like a giant vaculum for the size of the animal. Yes, Is that consistent with what you have seen?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen a badger one.
Speaker 7: Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 12: If Randall would let us come over there and trap his property.
Speaker 8: There's just there's not a fence that would keep neighboring dogs away from your bait.
Speaker 6: Check it every morning early.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max saying Minnesota and Florida, Christine saying Michigan and Florida. Corinne. What do we got there? Kuranna in California, Florida and California. Randall sang Florida, in California, cal sang Michigan, Minnesota, Yanni saying Michigan, Minnesota, Seth saying Wisconsin, Minnesota, Brody saying Florida, California. The five states are Florida, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, and California. The room did pretty well there.
Speaker 2: Ohio, nice, nice.
Speaker 5: Nice, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ohio's top five population in the US, So that makes sense and they're right on here.
Speaker 1: According to Statista, there are one million registered boats in Florida, eight hundred and twenty thousand in Minnesota, eight hundred and nine thousand in Michigan, undred and fifty two thousand in Ohio, and six hundred and twenty six thousand in California. Rounding out the top ten are Wisconsin, Texas, New York, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Question three, the topic is public Lands Catmine National Park holds an annual competition that celebrates the plumpness of these animals.
Speaker 7: Of Yon.
Speaker 1: Catmine National Park holds an annual competition that celebrates the plumpness of these animals.
Speaker 5: How cute?
Speaker 10: How exact do you want it?
Speaker 1: If you thought the answer was like a labrador, you'd say black lab instead of labrador. That's the specificity I would need you to go to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's an argument ruin here.
Speaker 1: Way Wow, Okay, that krinn is racking her brain.
Speaker 10: I just can't think of the name of it.
Speaker 8: This is from the sixth Meat Eater vertical Internet Culture and memes.
Speaker 1: Public Lands public Lands cat Buy National Park holds an annual competition that celebrates the plumpness of these animals.
Speaker 5: Boy, they get some fat ones too.
Speaker 3: Tell you believe they call them chonky chonk Ofsaurus Brody.
Speaker 1: I gather you don't like what this National park does. Huh oh?
Speaker 5: Why why do you get that impression?
Speaker 1: I don't, Yeah, exactly, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Got a problem with it.
Speaker 1: I kind of dot on you go ahead, cal floor is yours? Why don't well, without giving anything away, why don't you like?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just think, like to our earlier conversation, the whole garden the gate thing, this would be a good thing to be proactive on where it's like, we don't need the whole world coming up with backstoris and family story and the anthropomorphizing of these animals, because it's going to come around and be like, well, why the hell would you ever want to shoot one of those?
Speaker 1: Does everybody having?
Speaker 7: It's a chonkasus.
Speaker 1: Karin was listening very closely. Karin, did you figure out the answer the second?
Speaker 10: Your answer?
Speaker 6: The answer is I just can't think of this one animal.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, did you say you're going for funny answer?
Speaker 6: No, I'm going for an answer that's wrong.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll go everybody ready diagram. Go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 1: We have Max saying brown bear, Christine saying brown bear, Karin saying ground squirrel, Randall saying brown bear. The rest of the room said brown bear. They got it. The correct answer is brown bears. The event was first held in twenty fourteen, which was referred to as Fat Bear Tuesday. It was so popular that the park decided to make it an annual week long competition the following year. The twenty twenty three winner was Grazer, a seven hundred pound female who's eighteen years old. Her competition in the final round was Chunk, who came eighty five thousand votes short of beating Grazer, the record.
Speaker 5: A record number.
Speaker 1: Of ballots, more than one point four million, were cast in the twenty twenty three Fat Bear Tournament.
Speaker 7: What's that animal call?
Speaker 10: That's like high altitude, like alpine.
Speaker 1: Garmotar mix, Pica.
Speaker 10: Pa, that's about pike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fat pika competition. You could start that correct.
Speaker 7: Very very cute.
Speaker 1: You gotta name them, like Cal said, create a backstory. Now, Cal, I think this competition is fun. It's like celebrating the bear and sake salmon, specifically showing how much weight they can put on by by time they are about to.
Speaker 7: Not argue the fun factor and it is cool, but it just really hammers home, like the whole Park animal syndrome.
Speaker 14: Sure, the disneyfication of yeah, And it's just like, I don't know that the fun facts that are like real facts about the bears and why they're putting on the weight and the salmon and all that are hammering home as much as the.
Speaker 1: One point four million people voting. Maybe don't think of all that stuff.
Speaker 8: I would just like to point out that I wouldn't ordinarily throw one of my competitors under the bus for using her phone.
Speaker 2: But krinn is Karns.
Speaker 8: She's using the whiteboard that has shed its frame, and she is currently shopping for replacement dry race whiteboards.
Speaker 2: On Amazon.
Speaker 5: Now Spencer, which.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is not ergonomic enough, but she seems.
Speaker 8: To be sufficiently displeased by her whiteboard that it's this is the last straw.
Speaker 1: You can shout for those white boards.
Speaker 5: Brody's about to ask you would have accepted.
Speaker 13: I think we'll take because that's what That's why I asked, because I was going to put that.
Speaker 1: I think we'll take grizzly. If you said grizzly at home, no one in the room did.
Speaker 6: I thought that, isn't it that all brown bears bears a grizzlies? And I think that these that live in this part are not.
Speaker 1: It had gotten complicated in here if someone wrote down grizzly. But if you're playing at home, you said grizzly, I was hoping you question for the topic is conservation. This next great question comes to us via Mike Scheffer. The five largest man made lakes in the United States are built on these two rivers. The five largest man made lakes in the United States are built on these two rivers. Corin are the whiteboards ordered? Okay, what happens soon?
Speaker 2: It looks like we have some good options.
Speaker 1: Though our whiteboards have broken down. They are on their final legs. I think we're gonna have to get some glue and duct tape out to make them last until the new ones arrive, and then these will show up in the auction House of Odities someday whenever that makes its return, maybe in twenty twenty four, you can have the actual whiteboards that our competitors use in the room. Here's a question again, It's question four. Topic is conservation. The five largest man made lakes in the United States are built on these two rivers. Seth is confident. Seth, you got this one right. I got one of them right, Okay, one of them. One of them knows no half points in trivia. Unless you're my wife. She will reward herself half points. And I don't argue. But if you only get one of these in the room, you just get it wrong.
Speaker 7: Man, I don't feel good.
Speaker 1: Okay, two rivers. Ye to tell me the two rivers. It's everybody ready. Brody, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max saying Missouri, Columbia, Christine saying Yellowstone, Mississippi. Carine without an answer, Randall sang Missouri Colorado. Cal sang Missouri, Mississippi. Yanni saying Colorado, Missouri, Seth saying Missouri, Colorado, Brody saying Missouri, Colorado. The two rivers are Colorado and Missouri. The largest man made lake is Lake Mead on the Colorado River in Arizona and Nevada, followed by Lake Powell on the Colorado River in Arizona in Utah. The next three lakes are located on the Missouri River. They are Lake Chicagawea in North Dakota, Lake Owahe in North Dakota and South Dakota, and Fort Peck in Montana.
Speaker 10: Phil that's a half point for me. You know, if you.
Speaker 1: Guys had to tell me the five biggest man made lakes, how many of those do you think you would have gotten?
Speaker 10: Chicago, Wahi Peck, everything on Missouri.
Speaker 7: That would have been a good way for me to think about that question instead of thinking.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Powell or Mead or in danger of losing their stat It says top two.
Speaker 1: Mm shrinking probably stay in the top five though. Question five, the topic is cooking This Argentinian green sauce, which is often served with grilled meat, uses ingredients such as parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, and olive oil. Brody knows this one, Max and Cal and Corinne and Christine all look confident as well. That leaves Seth and Yanni who have yet to pick up their whiteboards. The topic is cooking this Argentinian green sauce, which is often served with grilled meat, uses ingredients such as parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, and olive oil.
Speaker 3: It's an unpopular opinion product. But I've always felt like this stuff is overrated.
Speaker 1: I think you've made this before a little overrate. I think it's underrated. Under it Okay, this would be called meat eater first take YouTube. Boys can wear suits like Steve likes and sit on opposite sides of the table and debate each other. That's an observation Steve is made when sports is on at the gym. He says that these guys in suits sit on opposite sides of the table and just debate each other all the time. He's not wrong. It's Randall's favorite TV.
Speaker 2: To watch Printing Money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, laughing all the way to the bank.
Speaker 1: This Argentinian green sauce, which is often served with grilled meat, uses ingredients such as parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, and olive oil. Cal Have you in fact cooked this for seth before?
Speaker 7: It's a strong, strong possibility, although it's not like a go to thing for me because of the oil.
Speaker 6: What you got, Yanni, I'll tell you that it is present.
Speaker 1: And you not know the answer. You know the answer, you forgot you didn't know what about twenty seconds?
Speaker 6: No, it took a second for me to uh huh remember the name of it, but it's present in the Meat Eater cookbook.
Speaker 10: Now we're just giving away hands.
Speaker 6: And it is the salt in there is wrong. The salt in there is wrong. Really yeah, so uh I love this, so keep going so you have to use I can't remember now what it is, but it's like a quarter if you're gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Who should I file my complaint with when I made This's a pretty big mistake? Who should I file my complaint with? When I make this?
Speaker 2: And it sounds like a pre Randall publish.
Speaker 5: Great way to promote the fact that we got a new cook outdoor cookboo.
Speaker 1: All right, is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max saying Jimmy Cherry, Christine saying pesto, Karen and Randall and Cal and Yanni and uh, Seth and Brody saying Jimmy Cherry. They got it to answer. I don't know if any I can tell you who the and that was Seth. Seth was the most wrong. We'll give it to him anyway.
Speaker 12: Looking at my answers just so we can laugh.
Speaker 1: How although it's less popular There's also red Chimmy churry, which is made with paprika and dried chili's. Green chimmy chury is also used in pasta's, as a mari and as a marinade. To learn how to make it, go to the meadeater dot com and read Danielle Pruitt's recipe called Venison Tongue Chimmy Churry. Steve said Danielle's recipe created the best tongue he's ever had.
Speaker 6: Listen. I think for hundreds of recipes that are in that book to have so far one miscalculation.
Speaker 1: There you go, Jimmy churry. If you want to spell that correctly, c H I am I c H you are r I.
Speaker 5: No, did I missed an R fell.
Speaker 1: We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 9: Max, Couran and Christine I'll have three points, Seth and Cal have four, and it's a three way tie for first place. Brody On and Randall all have a perfect game.
Speaker 6: Golden retriever.
Speaker 2: My goodness, you're a dog guy too.
Speaker 1: I know question six, Big dog guy, Big Question six. The topic is hunting. This next great question comes to his vade via j Thompson. This shore bird is often associated with the prank, where an unsuspecting person is given an impossible nighttime hunting task. Max is the winner. This was a race. Didn't even need to finish the question. This shore bird is often associated with the prank, where an unsuspecting person is given an impossible nighttime hunting task.
Speaker 10: We used to do this so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, don't give away too many hints, because I see a few of your competitors are currently stumped.
Speaker 10: I know hopefully, so I know this. I'm just shot clock ten seconds here a.
Speaker 7: Loss for the don't know Randall. This is one of those things that when you're a little kid, you're like, oh, there's some mystery to it, but then once you then.
Speaker 10: Like, yeah, shot clock.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Seth and Brodie seem confident. Cal you have this one, right, I assume, I assume to Randall, have you written anything down yet?
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm I'm drawing a blank. I'm gonna go with the shock.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Here's the question again, this shore bird. This shore bird is often associated with the unsuspecting person is given an impossible nighttime hunting task, waiting on Yanni, and do you boys give up yet it?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm going to get it.
Speaker 1: I just they give up. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have saying snipe, Christine without an answer, Karen saying dodo question mark puffin? Question mark? What if one of those was a correct answer? Krin? What would I to do with that.
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 5: The fewest question mark?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: Snipe to say, then what happened? I just couldn't. I didn't think of the word.
Speaker 1: Cal says snipe.
Speaker 2: If I had come up with the answer, it would have been snipe.
Speaker 1: Yanni says. Seth says snipe, Brody says snipe. They got it. The correct answer is snipe. The snipe hunt prank dates back to the eighteen forties. It's a practical joke where someone is told to go outdoors a night and make silly noises to attract the mythical snipe, which they're supposed to catch with a bag. According to the Encyclopedia of American Folklore, the hazing ritual got popular thanks to Boy Scouts in the early twentieth century. Has anybody ever been on a snipe on the fake one or the real one.
Speaker 8: All I could a picture in my head was the person with the bag.
Speaker 2: I could picture like a.
Speaker 8: Drawing of that sh from a Max.
Speaker 1: Did you hate somebody to go snipehunting? Definitely hate you went snipe honting.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're little kids, and we had pots and pans and walking up and down the shoreline, and then I believe someone went on a dock and then fell into the water and there was no more.
Speaker 6: My cousins. It took me snipe hunting. Did it in the mountains of Colorado? No bag, no shore, no crazy noises. And I took it very seriously, as did Max.
Speaker 1: He was swinging pots and pants around out there.
Speaker 2: You guys turned out fine.
Speaker 3: Hey, cal have you ever shot a Wilson snipe with like size to goose shot?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Did it just.
Speaker 1: Disappeared when that happened, Like you're out hunting geese and ducks.
Speaker 7: And you're right, yeah, exactly, You're like, it's the only thing, the only thing that came by today.
Speaker 1: As Brody said, it's a real bird, the Wilson's.
Speaker 7: And I think they do taste good though i've eaten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're like wood.
Speaker 2: They've never eaten one.
Speaker 10: I learned that they migrate. They do migrade, Yeah, which is cool. Tony Pearson taught me that.
Speaker 1: Question seven. The topic is fishing. This is an audio question. Phil is going to play you thirty seconds of a tune called the Fishing Hole. You need to tell me what nineteen sixties television series. This was the theme song for Take It Away. Phil. Well, now, no, no, no, hold on, You're supposed to start at forty seven seconds.
Speaker 12: Love the song, love the tune, have no idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, you need to tell me what nineteen sixties television series that was the theme for.
Speaker 10: Is this TV series like a fishing show?
Speaker 1: I can give you any The tune was called the Fishing so much fishing in.
Speaker 8: My mind, I didn't realize there was anything other than the whistling.
Speaker 1: Yeah during the opening credits you only hear.
Speaker 9: Spencer wanted me to play Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No. I was like really thrown off when it uh huh.
Speaker 7: Was going on over there, Brodie you fall asleep.
Speaker 2: But the lyrics are nice though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Brody is off camera right now, but he's doing the board in front of the face move.
Speaker 10: I don't think that's he's hid.
Speaker 8: I just can't believe that my face turned colors that quickly. On the Snipe Hunt, I'm no, I'm I can't play pokes.
Speaker 7: I've seen it before once strand Will gets rocked off his game. It's not pretty again.
Speaker 1: You need to tell me what nineteen sixties television series that was the theme song for.
Speaker 7: Are we ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I don't think.
Speaker 13: I don't think we are, except Randall.
Speaker 1: Brody do we give up yet?
Speaker 2: If I have to, let's up. Let's run the snipe clock on this.
Speaker 10: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's count down.
Speaker 2: Everybody read so much fun when.
Speaker 1: Ahead and your answers we have saying three stooges, Christine saying leave it to beaver Krinn without an answer, Randall saying the Andy Griffith Show, Cal sag Andy Griffith Show, Yohanny sang Andy Griffith Show, Seth saying gone fishing. Brody's saying, what's.
Speaker 5: Just people that were on it?
Speaker 3: To try and remember every Donnaz who was indeed Richie Cunningham he was on it too.
Speaker 1: The correct answer was the Andy Griffith Show. The Andy Griffith Show lasted for eight seasons from nineteen sixty to nineteen sixty eight. It's famous opening credits show Andy and Opie walking to a river while carrying fishing rods. When Griffith left the series, the spin off Mayberry RFD was born, which only lasted three seasons. Johanni, did you ever watch that show? It ended well before you were around, but I imagine it was still relevant when you were watching TV as a kid.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm watching reruns of that. But I did not have the answer until someone said that they could only remember it because all they remembered was just the whistling alone. But then Cass started actually whistling it. I was like, oh, that's from that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, a lot of hours of Nicked Night have been dedicated to the night of the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a big yeah question.
Speaker 1: Ay, the topic is hunting. This next great question comes to us via bou Burnett. This company, which was founded in nineteen twenty two, is best known for its baseball bats and our tree arrows. Seth, Max, Annie, I wouldn't cow Okay not Max, take it back, Seth cal Randall Yannie. They all look confident. This company, which was founded in nineteen twenty two, is best known for its baseball bats and archery arrows.
Speaker 10: Oh now, I got it, okay.
Speaker 1: Max, Max is confident again.
Speaker 10: Should have said something else, though, Phil, Did.
Speaker 1: You ever watch the Andy Griffiths show?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love Nick?
Speaker 9: And I had a dad who sat me down in front of the TV and made me watch like Colombo and Andy Griffith Show, all of his favorite shows.
Speaker 1: And he was young. And do you do you dislike him for that?
Speaker 5: Or do you?
Speaker 9: Oh? No, I definitely appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, hit a lot.
Speaker 8: Of home runs.
Speaker 5: They'd call you a slugger. You remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't call you that anymore.
Speaker 7: I don't know if they do.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone Cal's requesting to start calling him slugger, he says.
Speaker 9: Better than vaculum boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, vaculum boy and sluggers.
Speaker 7: Off for thinking about baseball bats? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 10: Should have said that?
Speaker 5: Everybody read w'd be a good hint?
Speaker 1: Follow up on Brody? Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm men, Braddy, I just can't think.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max saying easton Karinn, sang easton Karinn without an answer, kill me. We have Randall, Cal, Yanni and Seth saying easton Brody without an answer. The correct answer is Easton Brody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son's gonna kill me for the bat, one man.
Speaker 1: When Easton was founded in the nineteen twenties, it was just making bows and arrows. The company stayed that way until nineteen sixty four, when it created a ski pole that became the brand's first non archery product. Five years after that, they made their first aluminum bat. In twelve years after that, they made their first hockey stick. Easton has also dabbled in cycling gear, golf chafts, and drumsticks. Phil, we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 6: Nick timp poles too, don't they.
Speaker 1: I think they make a little of everything. It seems like.
Speaker 9: Karen and Christine are out of the game. But Max with five points, Seth and Brody was six and it's a three way type for first they've got seven points. It's Cali Giannis and Ramble.
Speaker 7: Question nine, Which one did you miss?
Speaker 6: I've missed a bunch.
Speaker 1: I think you've missed one. We can do a review of answers here. The first one was Canada Moose. Then we had the Five States Florida, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, California. Then we had brown Bears, for the Fat Bear contest, then Colorado and Missouri for the largest man made lakes. The cooking question was Jimmy Churry. The hunting answer was snipe. Then we had the Andy Griffith Show, and the last question was Easton.
Speaker 6: Oh, I guess you're right. I just missed snipe.
Speaker 1: Good job, Phil.
Speaker 6: I knew that I went on a snipe as a kid and that it was a joke, but the shore bird thing threw me off. I did not think of that.
Speaker 1: Question. Nine the top is biology. Encyclopedia Britannica defines this five letter word as quote accumulated excrement of birds, bats, and seals valued as fertilizer. Brody had this one before I even finish reading the question. Encyclopedia Britannica defines this five letter one good input.
Speaker 5: Can you get it, Spencer?
Speaker 1: I get it. Accumulated excrement of birds, bats and seals valued as fertilizer. Randal do you know this one?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Randall and Brody have it right? Seth, you know this one as well? Maybe you accumulated excrement of birds, bats and seals valued as fertilizer. It's a five letter word, five letter feeling.
Speaker 9: Pretty good about a tiebreaker this game.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'd be fun. He's weird now on an eleven week drought with no tiebreakers.
Speaker 10: I wish I was competing for that tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: Don't give up, Max, I gave up long time after the first. In general, UH, is everybody ready? Who's gonna come up with an answer?
Speaker 10: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Yanni? No guess Christine? We ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max without an answer, Christine and Karn without an answer, Randall saying guano, cal saying guano, Yani without an answer, Seth saying guano, Brody saying guano.
Speaker 2: They got it.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is guano g u a n o. Guano is so valuable that mining it has led to wars and slavery in some countries. Congress even passed a law in eighteen fifty six called the US Guano Island Act, which granted any US citizen rights to guano deposits in Caribbean nations. Guano's value comes from the fact that it's about thirteen percent nitrogen, which is six times higher than cattle maneuver, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Used in uh or was used in gunpowder?
Speaker 1: I think he's got all kinds you can leach.
Speaker 8: You can leach nitrite and nitrates out of it.
Speaker 1: I think there's even like guano coffee.
Speaker 8: It's also a pivotal plot device in the film Acephina two when nature calls.
Speaker 2: Really, that's where I first learned to work.
Speaker 8: Well, there's an evil. I'm not going to recall the plot in great detail, but essentially, because you can't, corporate interest has discovered that there's guano from the Great White Bat in these caves, and so they're trying to move. They're trying to uh pit a war between these two villages so that they destroy each other so that the the uh Western interest can gain access to the guano.
Speaker 7: Do you remember Young Guns too?
Speaker 8: No, there's a great guano.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: I had no idea this had such a pop culture relevance. Oh yeah, yeah, Phil, We have one question better than was left in the game.
Speaker 10: There was.
Speaker 8: A spent foils the plot and saves the day.
Speaker 9: No, we've got Seth JOANNISENBIRDI with seven points and then tied up in first place. Now are Calan Randall who have eight points apiece.
Speaker 7: That makes sense because we recently bathed together.
Speaker 1: Question ten the topic is conservation what non game bird is most frequently used in state wildlife agency logos? I went through all fifty of them to answer this question, what non game bird is most frequently used in state wildlife agency logos? Quick answer from cal cal How do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: It was quick?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, but I'm not gonna look at it again.
Speaker 1: Okay. Can you picture some logos that have this bird on it and that's why you're going with it?
Speaker 10: Or you're just what state?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, don't do that.
Speaker 10: I almost had them, Yes.
Speaker 7: I can, but but now that I'm like, oh, there's got to be multiple you know, it's casting some doubt in there, but the game can't go on forever.
Speaker 1: Randall is contributing to the broken board pile that we have building up. He just slammed his board on the get an answer me, uh huh.
Speaker 6: Good question, because I think the more you think about it, the more birds you think of.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think I'm gonna go to Randall's primary care physician and be like, listen, I think this game is not good for.
Speaker 8: It's plainly it's not. I mean, if if sleep is any measure of health, the game is not contributing to my wellness.
Speaker 1: What non game bird is most frequently used in State Wildlife Agency logos? Max, you like Christine? Answer okay, is it different than yours?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 6: Randall? Do you consume more or less alcohol when you win or when you lose a game of trivia?
Speaker 2: Pretty steady into.
Speaker 1: Max has three answers written down. Okay, you're gonna pick one of them. No need you to pick one of them. It's everybody ready. Randall just thought of another bird. He knows a non game bird. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: Randall is making a change.
Speaker 1: Okay, could win or lose the games, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max saying Robin, Christine saying bald eagle, Krin saying eagle, Randall saying Pelican, Cal saying Pelica Pelican. Oh yeah, Yanni saying g beat great blue Heron. I assume Seth saying great blue Heron. Brody saying bald eagle. We have a correct answer in the room. It's bald eagle. Brody a tiebreaker with Cal and Randalls. Wow, play the drop fill.
Speaker 7: I just want to say, Brody, I couldn't have shop any better. Happy to have you up on top of them.
Speaker 5: Happy to be a boy. Just cut it at if you ain't.
Speaker 1: First your laughs and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 7: And we know he's not gunning for anybody, He's just happy for everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the fact to it. There are six states that have a bald eagle in their logo. Those are Alabama, Georgia, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Some other non game birds that make Wildlife Agency logos include gulfs, cardinals, cardinals, herons, and kites, but none of them are used more than twice. So six logo have the bald eagle.
Speaker 8: I mean, I know it's the wrong answer. It was the right answer, but uh, I just feel like it sort of cheapens the bald eagle to be a state agent. It's like a little league team that no offends to state agencies that like calls themselves the Yankees. You know, it's kind of like it's our national bird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, states can't have it, especially in Alabama, Georgia, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina. You're from Ohio, Randall, did you know that?
Speaker 2: No? I had no idea plainly.
Speaker 6: Clearly, But is there a what FED agency uses it? Does that any FED agency use it in their logo that share, So.
Speaker 2: The Department of Defense, random what you erase? Random? What do you erase before the cardinal?
Speaker 1: The tie breaking topic is public lands. This is a numerical question, So whoever is closest between our three remaining competitors will be declared the winner. But everyone in the room should play along because if somebody gets it right on the nose will add an extra one hundred dollars to the donation. What is the price of a standard twenty twenty three America the beautiful pass which gains you entry to every national park for one year? Brody, do you know this answer?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, And I feel like we're gonna have you write it to like cents if you think it's every national that's right. What is the price of a standard twenty twenty three America the beautiful pass which gains you entry to every national park for one year?
Speaker 5: I know I bought them like way in the past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they did, they did. All that stuff got cranked up.
Speaker 4: No intent, Well it is, but you need still need to Knowline down to Randall, call and Brody, everyone's going to come up with an answer.
Speaker 1: The price of a standard twenty twenty three America beautiful pass? Does anybody know this?
Speaker 2: In the room, I'm within.
Speaker 8: Pennies five ten dollars, I think.
Speaker 9: OK, I know that you specified twenty twenty three, but I wonder if since then it's it's gone up even more.
Speaker 1: Well, I wrote this question so long. Now, like I said, we've been in this terrible overtime drought, and now it's you know, it's pouring in here. We've we've ended.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 1: Why I was twenty twenty three.
Speaker 7: Ready all the there's a lot of a lot of grape from the from folks about uh, the park just the general park passes being so high?
Speaker 1: What's new? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Max saying seventy nine ninety five, Christine saying eighty dollars, Krinn saying one hundred and sixty five dollars, Randall saying seventy eight ninety nine, Cal saying one hundred and sixty five dollars and fifty cents, Yanni saying two hundred and twenty five dollars, Seth saying ninety dollars, Brody saying one hundred twenty dollars. The correct answer is eighty dollars, making Randal our winner and Christine hitting it right on the news nicely dying. We have a six hundred dollars donation, Christine? Did you know that or was it a guess?
Speaker 11: I bought one last year?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good on you?
Speaker 5: Christine hit it right on the What I paid? How parks did you visit?
Speaker 12: Christine?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 7: Many more?
Speaker 9: Maybe more?
Speaker 1: A senior annual pass is twenty dollars, and a military annual pass is free. The pass will let will also get you access to lands managed by the BLM, Bureau of Reclamation, US Army Corps of Engineers and more. Randall, Where is our six hundred dollars donation going to defer to Christine?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: There you go, very nice Christine wearing the Detroit Lions hat.
Speaker 5: Here's a celebration.
Speaker 10: Dan Campbell's you can get it to the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: Where is this six hundred dollars donation for meat eater?
Speaker 6: Gonna go?
Speaker 11: I just never thought this day would come. Michigan United Conservation Club.
Speaker 1: There we go to the m u c C. We had at the Kalama Zoo show. I think our winner of trivia there donated to the m u c C. Now we're sending six hundred more dollars their way.
Speaker 10: What do they do?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 11: You know, I've heard other people donate for them. But also they're the big, one of the biggest MPOs I think for conservation at one of the oldest, oldest. Yeah, a lot of stuff from Michigan obviously, and Mark Kenyon did some work with them for working for Wildlife. Turn told me a lot and I got excited about him after that.
Speaker 1: Well do Randall, Well done, Christine. Six hundred dollars going their way. Join us the next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.