Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: No Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys screening live from.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys World head Hours at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: To take burners here puts dot TIXI ty pain today that touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It is a same with your chest for right ay Here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 5: Live fastar in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 1: In the s turn please see studio.
Speaker 6: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick no, Cy Walker, Josh Roderyaz.
Speaker 1: Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back. I'm gonna get home. You just destroyed my like dog, all right.
Speaker 7: You know why because I haven't been able to do a push up in five weeks, so you're just so I'm hitting anything.
Speaker 1: Anybody can get a can.
Speaker 6: Mane, anybody can get these hands assertive. Right, I'm gonna get home and I'm gonna like you have a bruiser, take his shirt off, and my wife's gonna be like who five starred you on the chest?
Speaker 1: Just that your brother.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, She'll be like, all right, that makes suck it up, Buttercup, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You better stand back. Hey, hey, get out of the way. More than your last name. I'm like, just stand back. No, d mmm, I like that. It's kind of.
Speaker 7: Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright in the whirl off.
Speaker 6: That is just Friday's finest welcome in everybody, Like we said, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez to stand back, Chris be at the back.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeoman's as we move.
Speaker 6: Into a Friday, going into week three of the NFL seasoned Cowboys and Bears.
Speaker 1: Let's go coming up on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, there's gonna be a new face on the field this week, baby, and I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 7: Brockoffin Oh, I saw new face I saw around Oh the number forty two, the new forty two.
Speaker 1: Day Yeah yeah wait I'll get it later, Beamer. Sorry, say that's all.
Speaker 7: I'm excited to see it. Yeah, I'm excited to see the impact. Yes, I'm saying. And here's the thing, say it with your chest. It doesn't have to be in the form of sax initially. No, right, there's so many ways like those.
Speaker 1: I like them. I like those, I like sacks.
Speaker 8: I like the having Jadavian Clowney out there.
Speaker 7: Come on now, when you have to be concerned about more individual right, there's so many things that you can do as Eberflus. When you can say I can create one on one matchups. Yeah, you see, I see how I'm doing this because let me get this, let me get my pen out of my phone.
Speaker 1: I know you guys don't have your stylists.
Speaker 7: So when you can take your little laser and you say, I want to create a one on one matchup right here with this left tackle or this right tackle, right, and you can interchange guys, I love that, right, because then you can create opportunities for your guys to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when you can create opportunities for your guys to win, you could challenge them not only schematically, but you can challenge them as a man. Yeah, can you beat that guy across from you? You know what most guys are gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: I love that because everybody wants a fair opportunity to compete. Mono e Mono and when you have guys that are threatening like that. Now Eberflus can get in his.
Speaker 1: Back, you know how.
Speaker 9: I know Isaiah serious about this and passionate about this point the annunciation.
Speaker 1: Did you see how he put that t.
Speaker 7: Got a little bit of like me and that was a hard tea right in the middle of that.
Speaker 1: I respect it, hey, but I'm with him.
Speaker 9: Men, Jaeveon Clowney is likely and expected to make his Cowboys debut.
Speaker 1: So can I ask a question that might bring he raised a little bit he was doing, Isaiah? Yeah, I was. I picked this case. I didn't want them to be loner brothers.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: How many snaps is he gonna play?
Speaker 7: Seventeen, twenty fifteen, probably think twenty something like that, and it's going to be past situation.
Speaker 1: It's going to pass situation. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now, what I will say is again, we can't we can't keep blowing past the fact that Jadeveon Clowney is an above average run defender. So I will say that to say, yes, he will be out there situationally for past rushes, but I don't know if it'll be as early as this week. Maybe start to ramp him up and you know, deploy him more in the run defense training week. However, eventually he will be those situations will include some sprinkling in of some run defense sprinkling.
Speaker 1: So who, well, whose roster spot is he taking? I mean on the active I mean on the game day game day roster spot. That's a good question, dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he's already taken the fifty three for those that are, of course, like oh BB went to IR.
Speaker 8: But of your healthy scratches of your inactive guys, who's sitting that was otherwise active last week?
Speaker 6: I was surprised at how similar last week's inactive lists looked like two weak ones. I thought last week's it was almost carbon copy, except you threw an extra name in there.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised to see that happening.
Speaker 7: What's your answer? Say it with your chest? No, just tell you really my thoughts. You think that's my thoughts?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes, if you have to, if you had to pick somebody on the defensive line.
Speaker 1: I don't know about I don't know. I don't know, man.
Speaker 8: No, no, I And you have an answer, and guess what you said it with your chest?
Speaker 1: These guys, y'reall I'm going to say with my chef.
Speaker 9: But I think based upon the fact that you want to get clowny out there, and there is a defensive end, although very capable, he's off to a slow start.
Speaker 1: Maybe you make Dante inactive this week. That's that's Sante is off to a slow start.
Speaker 7: We know what Dante his faith You pay him too much film watcher right, that part okay, but that part that's true. If but if we're asking coaching, this said Dante Fowler is asking a coaching I am a coaching question. The guy who's having a slow start, I would, But again, if the new guy an opportunity in the next week, I'll figure some things again.
Speaker 8: Though, if he's only playing fifteen snaps, you need a guy that's going to carry the bulk of the load, right.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 7: I just have so if Donovan Aku and Dante Fowler Junior are having the same impact on a game, but their slow starts, news and who do you have more faith you can have an impact on your game because you got to thank you if you had to make the decision based off that, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: But the other is my second round pick. I hear you. You're sitting your first round pick right now. You're sitting your former former former.
Speaker 7: He's still not a first rampick former formal formers, he's still not a first RAPI what us this?
Speaker 1: We're not acting like? Is he still getting paid same? What's the date on is getting milk? Is he getting paid the same whether he plays or not? What's the date on the milk?
Speaker 7: Is he getting paid the same? No, his check hits the same. So you're talking about a front office decision. You're right, that's what we're talking about, coaching you.
Speaker 10: From me.
Speaker 7: But what's the exploration on the milk? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Why did we talk milk that's on the shelf, sir? It doesn't get it expired exacts. Guys, Remember you don't have your answer. Yeah, I'm getting there. I'm just answer. Keep interrupting. You don't take it from that specific position. You can take it from anywhere on the field. It makes take it from anywhere.
Speaker 7: Are you gonna take it from your secondary No? Okay, you can take it from your linebackers.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 6: No, you're gonna have James out there already. That's already gonna be on the an active list, So keep that in mind. I don't like that by the way, I don't either, but that's.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do. It's gonna be an offensive lineman. That's what's gonna happen. You've got you're down there, You're down an offensive line. You're saying another one. Yes, I think you have Booker the stars.
Speaker 6: You're telling us that Trevor Keagan is gonna be your answer instead of putting Davion fing Clowney on.
Speaker 1: The gonna have, You're gonna have seven. So it'll be fine.
Speaker 5: J Bass can play like six positions in reserve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be fine. They'll be fine.
Speaker 7: You're talking about the ability for the ability for players to get rolled up.
Speaker 1: Honey, you're saying nobody's fine.
Speaker 6: You can find that Johnny Cornelius has been in active the last three weeks.
Speaker 1: You can be fine, but you have let me give you perspective.
Speaker 6: You have one guy and three guys behind them that can play multiple positions.
Speaker 1: Perspective. Can an offensive lineman be thrown into the game to play D line?
Speaker 7: What can an offensive lineman in break glass scenario be placed in a position to play D line?
Speaker 1: Sure? Can a defensive lineman in brown well exactly. This is why you don't go into the game with seven or eight, You'll be fine. Eight. Okay, now you're going up.
Speaker 6: But that's what I'm saying, Like you you can man tell you the dog on gold Bulls, make it, make it tight end in active, make Brevin span Ford and a That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. Like, either that or make Cloudy inactive only two.
Speaker 6: Don't don't hinder your entire don't hinder your entire organization by making one stupid mistake.
Speaker 1: I like you, Kyle, No, You're You're out of your mind. You're crazy.
Speaker 6: You're trying to make a second round pick inactive on game day, a rookie second round pick on actif had.
Speaker 7: To make a decision this week, I'm not saying for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this week.
Speaker 7: If you're you're you're pinched on your offensive line depth, you're pinched on your secondary depth. You're you're not stashing a bunch of linebackers on your active roster. Why are you fashing the head rushers because they're not You need past rush and if you're not getting one, but why are you And if you're not getting one yet from your young bull, let him sit and watch.
Speaker 1: I just want to Internet say, let the boy watch.
Speaker 9: I've been sitting here watching Josh this skire time, and Josh is over here on his full joker arc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like he is like some people. Some people just like to watch the world bird. He's had this smug with this whole time, like this, I broke the pool kid jumping jump in the chat and wait, make it you guys, make it?
Speaker 7: Who would you sit? You're not going you're not going into it? Jump in the chat. I mean, yeah, come in the chat.
Speaker 1: Let us know. I'll read them on here.
Speaker 9: Maybe Robert I wouldn't only two tight ends. Robert is Robert Sis. He's saying Ryan Flinoyd. I'm out on that because I want more reps.
Speaker 1: For Flinoy and see, but I want more reps for Donna as a rocket. It's the same conversation. Jump in the One of them is a seventh round wide receiver from two years making the second round edge rusher from this year. Who would you make an active is to get I would rather don't know?
Speaker 7: All right, going the news and now we're fired eleven minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love it.
Speaker 7: Stay with your chest, Friday, let's go. Cols fed up because he's over there shaping. He's not done.
Speaker 1: No, I'm looking. I wish your.
Speaker 9: Listen, Josh, Josh's ruined cals uh. This segment was I didn't mean that, Josh run down, all right? So, looking at the injury report from yesterday, which was Thursday, Cowboys did not see dron Blad participate in practice.
Speaker 1: That is expected. That is expected. That is expected.
Speaker 9: They are hoping that he can get back on the field against the Green Bay Packers next week. Trayvon Diggs was back in as a full participant after missing Wednesday's practice within illness, so he is full of go good news. Tyler Geydon Kyle post a question yesterday, was there any concern there? I said, no, that's bearing itself out, no pun intended, dah Bears. Tyler Goyden was a full participant in Thursday's practice and the best news of all. Cavante Tasmanian Turpin know what it is is was a full participant in thursday's practice. We watched him in the open portion media part of the practice. He had his helmet on, he was going through individual drills and then, as it turns out, once the media was kind of showed away, he continued with his full participation. So, and then we talked to Cavante in the locker room on yesterday. I'm playing, yeah, he said, I'm playing, said at this point. I was like, at this point, I'm playing. That's his quote. At this point, I'm playing. So of course, let's let's tether that to the fact that he still needs to be medically clear to do so. However, all signs point to Cavante Terpin not missing certain and.
Speaker 8: Actually a little more clarification on the injury itself.
Speaker 1: It happened in week one.
Speaker 8: I thought it was week two, And it wasn't necessarily the neck as much as it was the trap that had more kind of a stinger situation fingers as opposed to being Because we were talking yesterday out like if it was bone or if it was muscles, muscle structural.
Speaker 1: So you're saying we should load up the Turkey turpy speed speeds. No, I think we should load it up on Monday. We should load it up, get it in the possibly, get it ready, get it in the chamber. All the fans know what it is. No, no, no, all the fans do not.
Speaker 8: They don't know what the size not. You don't I don't know about that song yet. My best rap us it's going to be in her Spotify wrapped.
Speaker 7: He is so so deserving of an actual and actual hot track.
Speaker 1: That, ain't it? You haven't that's it. You obviously haven't heard it yet. So I actually have, I've heard I've heard it. Yeah, but so yeah, you're just upset. You just salt me by the way, just to go back to our original.
Speaker 8: Numbers.
Speaker 1: I knew it found the name Josh.
Speaker 6: Chaos Ye Josh did throw Ko Dallas played with eight offensive linemen in the last two weeks they had they had three guys inactive and Identergy and Keegan were all inactive last week, so they had three guys in active and they had Nate Thomas, T J. Bass, and brock Hoffman as your backup your reserves.
Speaker 1: Did you can use one of those guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. That clears the spot for in inactive. You don't even have to take somebody else because they they they added Jadavian Clowney. You're fine with those offensive linemen. Eight offensive lineman.
Speaker 7: You don't have to add the same. Yeah, you can keep it the same, but now you don't have eight. Now you have seven, right, you have?
Speaker 1: You can go? Less than that, you can't go. Yeah, what are you talking about on the offensive line? No, I mean I was just talking about inactives like this. That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying, got you. Yeah, No, I'm not saying less than seven offensive lineman. I'm saying you have the same amount.
Speaker 8: Number wise one way or and it would be the same inact You'll be fine, gotcha.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it could be one way because instead of having Cornelius, Dentergy or Kegan inactive, see that world, instead of having a Dentergy Cornelius in active.
Speaker 1: Shaking a hand talking Never, Kyle, I'm here to talk. You're unbelieved. I am here to talk today. What is that black rifle?
Speaker 7: Yeah, dog, all right, black rifle. That's what our sponsor is. Why would I drink anything else? Trying to make a point, I warned you about the milligrams. Bring it in.
Speaker 6: Cornelius, A, Dentergy and Keegan were the inactives this week. Now you don't have to take You take one of those guys. You put him active and then there's an open spot.
Speaker 1: You're fine until game Yeah, there there will be a Yeah. The bottom line, it was a fun conversation, but it was an unnecessary let the boy watch in your opinion, Kyle, in my opinion, absolutely, and yet it was still fun. It was fun. It was still fun. Let the boy watch. You gotta stoping or emptying yourselves. Oh gosh, we'll be quiet, Kyle, run game? Wait go Patrick? Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: So finishing up the injury report, hopping over to the to Die Bears portion of the injury report, we already know that Jyalen Johnson with his growing injury Pro Bowl cornerback, he's going to miss this game and out for the foreseeable future with the Bears. Something else that's stuck out here on their report is t J. Edwards, linebacker. He's one of their starting guys. Second day and week, second day in a row, he did not participate with hamstring injury, so he's not trended in the right direction, and then their depth at linebacker is going to be affected if Edwards can't go. Because DeMarco Jackson, rotational linebacker, also a hamstring injury. He was downgraded from limited on a Wednesday to did not participate on Thursday. So yeah, Grady Jarrett. He did participate. He went from d m P to limited, so he's trending to war playing. Yeah, but he's he's kind of beat up. But yeah, you're talking about linebacker depth atop the linebacker chart for them and by behind the top of the linebacker chart. Then of course their Pro Bowl cornerback he's not going to play either. So yeah, they got some stuff going on over there.
Speaker 1: Edmonds is still there though he is he is. That's their heartbeat. I don't like that. I don't like Edmunds. I like him, but I don't like them. Yeah, he's a good player. These are really good. Is your defensive X factor going yes for them? Yes? Oh, we're so back in the rundown. Yeah, we are backing them down and we come back.
Speaker 6: We're going to talk about an offensive and a defensive X factor for the Cowboys going into segment two, it's to say it with your chest. Friday, Isaiah has been saying it with his chest right hitting my chest at the same time.
Speaker 1: When we come back with more here from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 11: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here. Providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you.
Speaker 1: Get the job done right.
Speaker 12: We're with you.
Speaker 11: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, we're with you.
Speaker 5: Where are you not it?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a.
Speaker 1: Bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 3: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 1: Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today. How's it going. You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 13: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you have some cream talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go Cowboys make a new.
Speaker 14: Friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 1: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 7: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Corpywright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 10: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 7: I'm home, Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 7: Hey can you?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 10: Hon?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine? Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 15: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident PAC ten of more towers. Restrictions and exclusion apply att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 14: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: This segment is to you buy in Visilne, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, and since it is to say it with your chest, Friday and Patrick wanted to hate on the Turpy Turpy Speeds song that has yet to be released we're gonna do some some on the fly. Producing courtesy of our man Chris Beam. Here is the new debut of our jingle for Say It with Your Chest Friday.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 12: I like it.
Speaker 4: Is loud and clear to getting cowboys bringing the gearwar Josh.
Speaker 1: Grow in the air from the family.
Speaker 5: He keeps us say, was it chess stream?
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 1: It'll hit harder the Do we like that? Yeah? I like it. I like it good. It just slowed the temple down on it. Good job, Beamer. Hey, it's wild, guys, this is wild.
Speaker 6: All right, Say with you Chest Friday as we go into some X factors for this weekend's matchup with the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: Josh, I'm gonna let you start here. Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: I've been had a lot of leeway on this show, lots of people talking over each other.
Speaker 1: Man, had you not thrown the damn chaos grenade? I don't know who that was. I don't know who did that.
Speaker 8: I was asking a simple question. Josh is just over here, right Tea, Zach's gonna use every the thumbnail.
Speaker 1: All right, got your X factor right? Last week? I did.
Speaker 8: I wanted to remind everybody I was so close man, I said one hundred yards.
Speaker 1: He was at ninety seven yards. Come on you a round up, well round you lost this week.
Speaker 8: I'm going with one Jacob Ferguson a bit biscuit out there.
Speaker 1: I need him to, uh, let's say five to eight catches. How's that? How's that sound sounds good?
Speaker 8: I just need to clean up over the middle. I, like Isaiah was alluding to earlier in the week, you want to get to the third level. You have opportunities for your wide receivers to get those deep crossers in there. For me, at least, I don't know that the office is going to provide deck that much time. So in turn, you have Jake Ferguson down the middle at the second level able to catch at least five at least five.
Speaker 1: I'm going more. Maybe how many yards? Say it with your chest? Say with your chest seventy plus yards? Seventy plus?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that too conservative? Because he did seventy plus last week?
Speaker 8: Eighty five plus yards for Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 1: I need you to say one hundred for Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 8: One hundred yards for one Jake Ferguson and his first touchdown.
Speaker 1: Of the year, oh that much. Yes, Now that's bold. I'm saying it with my es, I like saying it with his chest.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: It's it's interesting how much we have not talked about Ferguson. We've mentioned him, just kind of been passing.
Speaker 8: And you don't want to take him for granted. This guy is is excellent with Dak. His chemistry is unmatched with Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: That seam throw.
Speaker 8: I think they're gonna get it down this week, man, I really really really.
Speaker 12: Do, and especially for a Touchdoude and one hundred yards undred yards, if he like breaks free for like a sixty yard or in the first half, I'm gonna look across the bow and just be.
Speaker 1: Like, Josh, go coffee boy. What do you get? Coffee boy?
Speaker 7: Williams one hundred and two yards, two touchdowns, one hundred and two state again, Jamonte Williams on hundred two yards too.
Speaker 1: Touch I should have went first. You stole like, well you wanted me to go first. You're gonna do Prices right and be like one hundred and three yards. I was going to do Williams, But here you go. You're all hopped up on mountain due. What were you gotta say though. I was going to still I was just say one hundred. But oh so I want up to you how many touchdowns? How many did you just let it too? I'm not going couble couble Hmmm. George Pickens. George is my X factor. I think that. Why is that? Because I think he goes for his first hundred yard game with two tuddies.
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, oh, George Pickens, one ten, two touchdowns. I think the Bears will be so locked in at trying to throw the kitchen sink at Seede Lamb by the time they realize that it's a mistake, it's going to be too late.
Speaker 1: I like that. Go docs, go say it. I said it first. He said it first.
Speaker 6: You can't say, let's talk about stealing Josh's bit. I'm gonna go with brock Hoffman. Zero pressure is allowed in the entire football game. Zero and then I and then Josh is going to be here wearing EyeBlack on the yet old zero pressure, say not even a single hurry, single hit.
Speaker 1: I love nothing from brockos and he just be in one fight as well, one one skirmish for.
Speaker 6: We'll look at we'll look at the box score and it'll say penalty. It'll have one with a fifteen next to it, personal foul penalty, punches thrown four like ejected.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's how he has pressures. Is he gets a chat? Now, let's do that. Let's not do that.
Speaker 8: But i'd need Chris Beam to find me some EyeBlack. Just going to go to the equipment room.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can get you some eyeblocks there.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then in terms of a skill position, I'll just add one on here. I think Brevin spam Ford catches his first touchdown paths.
Speaker 1: Didn't you just try to make him?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was trying.
Speaker 5: I was trying to.
Speaker 1: Make a point.
Speaker 6: But hey, I think he's gonna have his first touchdown. Honestly, if we're talking about making a tight end and active, I think there's a conversation that it wouldn't be Brevin spam four.
Speaker 1: Would it be with your chest? It would probably be Luke sco Maker. Probably. I'm not the one. Yeah, I'm not the one making the decide if you were. But if I was, yeah, yeah, But add.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry they're leading, you're leading touchdown return. I'm just but that didn't sound like you said it with your chest sounded like.
Speaker 1: You, you know, murmured it. I don't want no, I don't want guy.
Speaker 8: If it were up to me, it would probably be John Tolbert and I would play Ryan Flinoy.
Speaker 1: Okay, but in that same you may have to play both of those guys.
Speaker 6: Anyways, you need to buying no, especially with Turpin kind of being halfway well.
Speaker 1: It needs more reps on offensive period. That's just how I feel about it. But no, no disrespect, definitely now none.
Speaker 11: None.
Speaker 1: It's like what I said right about Dante. Dante is more than capable.
Speaker 9: Okay, we've big up to Dante time and time again two years ago when he was here and then coming off of that career season against the Commanders. But if you're having a slump, you're having a slump, schoonmaker. He took strides last year in the absence of Jake Ferguson, right, but he's having a slump to start the season. This is just objective, you know. So all these guys are capable, We've seen that, and it's.
Speaker 8: It's more so, at least for me, it's more so the potential of having Flinoy on the team. It's it's and having him active and those receptions going to him because I think he can give you MORELLOI.
Speaker 9: Is physical, is a great block. Flinoy is a downfield threat. Flinoy showed in the preseason.
Speaker 7: There's more playmaking a bill and he gives you the special teams reps in addition to that. So I just want to see Flinoy coffee boy, which you guy have a question and the QP your visitor voice. Who's your emotional leader on defense?
Speaker 1: On defense defense.
Speaker 7: Osa and Kenny and Solid your emotional leader Solomon, Thomas, Solomon, probably Solomon and Osa, not in that order, Osa than Solomon Captain, right, Yeah, so you feel like there's a void there, yeah, probably, Yeah, but you don't have the line like yeah, I had the second and third level in that capacity.
Speaker 9: Yes, you don't have your defensive front. Your defensive line has two emotions I know you maybe even three. Yeah, he's setting us up.
Speaker 1: Why did you ask that question? Just wondering if new additions have to step into new roles. You're talking about he's going to be wearing forty two. He already is. Just I mean, that's a genuine question.
Speaker 9: First practice out there, he was he was coaching up Marshawn Neeling, Isaiah Lan and some of the young guys.
Speaker 7: When you when you step up this third down, they called it third and four. Right you're in the reds on who are you looking at to make the play? Honestly? Who are you circling on? Dallas's defense? But oh, all eyes on him. He's about to be He's about to make something happen.
Speaker 1: For this team.
Speaker 9: One of those interior Kenny Clark saying that with your chest, I am saying that. With Kenny Clark, I'm saying Kenny Clark and and Sally. I'm saying those three so run our past. He's they're going to make the play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because Osa, Sally and Kenny both have the ability to I hear you. But I'm saying, which one of those guys are you? Like you're watching the game with your boys, You're like, oh, here you go watch it right there, he's about to do it.
Speaker 1: I just told you those three.
Speaker 8: Guys, And i'd argue one of your not vocal leaders, but one of your leaders is not playing.
Speaker 1: He's injured currently.
Speaker 7: And Doron Blend I would also say to that point, the linebackers have one that I would circle if he could get more reps on the field.
Speaker 1: His name is Mari. His name is Mary.
Speaker 7: So if your entire defense was healthy, I'm gonna ask you guys that question again, who's your emotional leaders? So you don't see a problem with not being to identify that clearly without him being.
Speaker 9: Think you can, but again you won't give him the rips. His name is Mary Sleafe as far as the linebackers backward is concerned.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I asked that question because in certain scenarios, and this the NFL, there's gonna be those scenarios, Papa, you don't want an entire defense or entire side of the ball to be looking around trying to.
Speaker 1: Figure ot who's going to make the play.
Speaker 7: I agree, I agree at least I wonder how much of that this, this decision to bring on Jadavian played a role in that decision, I'm sure not just his play making ability. I think there's a mentality factor.
Speaker 1: His experience there. He is a dog, he's a lead, yeah, for sure, very vocal one.
Speaker 9: I get it because if you're looking at a line in a situation where it's Jadeveon and Kenny and Osa and and or Sally.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that a lot.
Speaker 6: A couple of things that you can look at, too, is the pressure rate from Solomon Thomas.
Speaker 1: It's really impressive what he's been doing. What I'm saying, so, I know, like he's only been here for a year.
Speaker 6: I know he's only been here for the off season, but the impact that he made in the off season and then the game play through the first two so far, he would constitute out of that entire back eleven on the defensive side to be a vocal leader if he wanted to be that.
Speaker 1: He's set himself up to.
Speaker 9: Sally looked in the camera some sounds from the sideline and he said, stopf and playing with me.
Speaker 1: Vocal leader.
Speaker 8: That drive alone after the Dak Prescott interception, That drive alone is worth acquiring him in the off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just that right there.
Speaker 8: If he can replicate that at any level going forward, you got a guy, and he's a rotational guy at that and we had been referencing that as soon as we got him. It wasn't that this guy's going to change the defensive line, but it's moments like that. If he's able to replicate that again, and again and again throughout the season. It's worth the effort. It's worth acquiring him for sure. Fact, No, who's your X factor, Sam Williams. Mmmm, Okay, I need and we've talked about it all week, Kayleb Williams cannot escape the pocket. You cannot let him outside the poem. You need to keep him right there. And a big part of that is what Sam william does in pushing that tackle into the pocket, creating havoc for Caleb Williams. I need to see more of that. I need to see him get home. Give me two secks O two s for Sam Williams.
Speaker 1: I'd be sweet.
Speaker 7: I'm let's just keep it. Let's just keep it to what it is. I'm going to Daveon Clowney here. Oh, I'm going to Daveon Clowney. I'm going to Davion Clowney here.
Speaker 9: I think Jadeveon Clowney number one not only is hearing football shape and he's anxious and starved to get some action and get his hands on the opposing passer. I think he also wants to show everybody who keeps saying he's thirty two years old and washed and have not looked at one one instance of his film over the past couple of seasons or some unlike Talking Cowboys, because all of us watch film and stats. So I think Jadeveon Clowney impacts this game. I think he gets his first sack in the Cowboys uniform effective this weekend against Dia Bears.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, uh hello, there you're there, You're there, Yeah, you're there. I can't hear it. I'm gonna go with Maris. Oh, I think if there's be a pleasant sight.
Speaker 7: I think there is ever a week to yeah, no, no, no, no, no no. I think if there is ever a week oh there going back, ever a week to have somebody keep an eye on the quarterback.
Speaker 1: This is the week.
Speaker 7: Yes, I agree, because Caleb Williams, based on this film, if he gets to his second read, he's looking.
Speaker 1: To escape, getting down, if he wants to eskate. So you have somebody that can run him down. Marius is that guy. Unleash the Marist. Unleashed on Mars.
Speaker 8: You do think Sanborn is going to have a revenge game.
Speaker 1: Unleash the Marist. No, I'll just leave it at that. Caleb is highly mobile, Yes, he is very much so.
Speaker 9: Marist is your most athletic lionel Boom saying it answers the question right by far.
Speaker 1: You got to use him.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, kayr Elam on the outside, he has not had a great Yeah, he's he's had a little bit of animosity toward his start, and.
Speaker 1: Why would you have any towards the start? Ghost hasn't played well, hasn't been great, Yeah, hasn't played well. He's hearing all the Cheddar year.
Speaker 8: And that's the guy that was the star of the off season in my opinion.
Speaker 7: What they're saying that he's giving up the most yard, it's because they keep pulling that he's giving up over two hundred yards. So his ig post was like you know a reference that and he was like see Sunday, okay, and we will.
Speaker 6: And I think one thing that they don't heard, the one thing that he has had to face. He's had to face two veteran wideouts in.
Speaker 1: The Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 6: Week one, he's got an elite wide out and elite neighbors. In Week two, he had to go up against a little bit not as much as Trayvon Dicks, but still went up against elite neighbors a little bit I like Rome Dunza, I like DJ Moore. They're both very savvy receivers, but I don't think they're on the same level as those three guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, And with that being.
Speaker 6: Said, I think it's a chance for a bounce back game. I think Kyer Elam has a pick in this game. But we start to see a little bit of that sprinkle of what we saw from him throughout the offseason and throughout the preseason.
Speaker 7: So I like to make mention of something quick story. Make your mention, quick story, Kyer Elim. He's feeling some type of way about comments being made about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trayvon Diggs is feeling some type of way.
Speaker 7: He's engaged in some online banter about people getting on him about his coverage skills.
Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 7: Last night at soccer practice, my son had a little bit of an emotional He's more emotional than I am, Okay, So he had a little bit of emotional meltdown during practice because he had made some mistakes and his new teammates called him out. Wow, right, and he didn't handle that well. He's eleven, and again, I'm not the most empathetic person in the world, So I had to take a WUSA and then figure out the best way to to meet him where he's at right, because I can't address him the same way my mom or you know what, addressed me.
Speaker 1: So I have you me.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 1: So we get in the car and I asked him, I said, what are you mad about? And he tells me.
Speaker 7: But the scenario, I said, so are you mad that they called you out? Are you mad because what they were saying was true? Because if they were saying those things about you and they weren't true, would it bother you? He was like no, I said, then change it. Then change it. Don't talk, don't say nothing, go put the work in and fix it. You don't like the results, fix the results. You're in control of it.
Speaker 1: Focus on the right thing. Focus on the right thing.
Speaker 7: So Trayvon Diggs, stop talking, Kyrie Elam, stop talking, Go put the results on film and shut everybody up.
Speaker 1: I like it with his chest. It's Friday right, it was sid I like it. Set it with the chest. So you're thinking, you're thinking Kyer, similar scenario.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, don't talk, just go do it, just get after it and get off. I G yeah, get off, I G get off.
Speaker 1: Socially, I'm thing that's the case. I'm hoping so too. These are grown men, Like stop talking to people. I like it. Like what is talking and arguing about things that are true?
Speaker 8: It's one thing to talk, it's one thing to argue people.
Speaker 7: You're arguing about facts that are It's true. You're getting routed up Treyvon Digs. You're not what you were and that's okay. But just identify the fact that you not. You are not back to who you were yet get there. Don't talk about it, just go play.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's on film. You don't like it, I get it. Change a result. I like it all right.
Speaker 6: When we come back, we need you to give us a call. Eight eight eight A five five two two nine seven. It's time to make some pick ems. Going into Week three of the NFL season. One game already done. Bill's got the win last night. We've got six games to pick. You want to be our guest picker here this morning, said afternoon, this morning, here at the Star, and first go give us a call right now. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. More talking cowboys and a pick them segment.
Speaker 1: When we come back.
Speaker 7: I'm home, Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice? Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 15: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for five or downtime last in twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single an impact in ten more towers. Strictions and exclusions apply. So att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 16: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 1: Would you, Dear Doctor? My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the soldier to cry out?
Speaker 16: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 17: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It is time for a pickham segment going into week three of the NFL season, Chris Beam in the back, Yes, sir, doing a great job. Is it time for a Beamer bulletin?
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a song for that one.
Speaker 5: There will be a song.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about that, okay, Yeah, give me my idea. All right.
Speaker 5: So we've got a tie for first place.
Speaker 7: Oh, I did not have a great weeks with Amy Well, I didn't even look the guy who's the dog is a puppy this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Patrick went too and four. Oh my gosh. But the top two guys are one Josh Rodrie five and one. Last week he was a Houston win from going perfect wow okay, and the other one was Isaiah Standard. He bet on the Denver Broncos and they got beat by Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: That one coming except for me.
Speaker 5: And then the fans went four and two and.
Speaker 1: Kyle Yeomans went three and three. Yeah, it was an even back to you, Kyle, Thanks Beamer. I love Beamer's bulletins, all right.
Speaker 6: When we do this pick them segment, just since it's week three, I want to remind everybody we picked five games and then we picked the Cowboys, and we make it a big deal to pick the score on the Cowboys game only, so no score needed.
Speaker 1: We've got Brian and Colorado on the line right now. What's up, be man? How's it going out there in the Mile High.
Speaker 10: Great? Great morning, just driving to work. I flew out to the game on Sunday. What a great game to go to. And uh, this is my third year in a row getting on with you guys, So thanks so much for having the fans on it having.
Speaker 6: Fun, Thank you for calling, Thank you for being a loyal listener. And are there mountains in your on your horizon as you're driving to work?
Speaker 10: Absolutely always on the West?
Speaker 1: Love that. I love it. All right, We've got some good games to pick this week.
Speaker 6: We're gonna start things off with a game that I think could be a wild one because it's two backup quarterbacks. I'm gonna put backup for the vikings and quotations with with JJ McCarthy being out because of injury. But it's the Bengals hosting, or excuse me, the Bengals on the road against the Vikings in Week three.
Speaker 1: Joshtra Domas will let you start.
Speaker 8: I'm going with the Vikings of Minnesota to take down the Joe burrowless Bengals.
Speaker 1: All right, Isaiah, I don't want to go against my UW associate aka Jake Browning. Brown but I but you will. But you're going to. I just think that it's forrez is gonna go ham in his game.
Speaker 7: So dang it, man, this is a tough one. This is a good good I'm not going against Jake Browning. I'm staying with the Bengals.
Speaker 1: The Bengals not saying that much. I'm going to Bengals. Your heart in your chest counts so slightly.
Speaker 6: I also think it's interesting because both of these got these teams have l s U superstar wide receivers that love to gritty when they score a touchdown, Justin Jefferson Jamar Chase, and they're both without their quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: This is a gritty off. It is a gritty off. I guess it could be all right, Brian, what you got for off the grip I have?
Speaker 10: I have no faith in Carson Wentz whatsoever. I agree with Isaiah. I think Brian Flores will be the best best coach on the field. Jordan Mason's gonna go off. Give me the Vikings at home.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of confidence here with the Vikings. I haven't picked. I know you picked the Bengals, but you picked them with your heart. I did you. Who are you picking? I haven't picked it, So who are you picking the Vikings. I'm gonna be different. I'm gonna pick the Bengals. I'm gonna see you. I'm gonna say you gotta make up some some scores, like two games. All right, he's a couple.
Speaker 14: Of games back.
Speaker 1: All right, it's only week two and he's already back.
Speaker 6: Dude, Yeah, you know, all right, Steelers at page. It's this would have been a banger match in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: It's not what you got, pat you know what.
Speaker 9: I'm taking Steelers to bounce back from that week that week two loss. Patriots did piss me off by taking it against the Dolphins, which kind of put me in this hole of men.
Speaker 1: I needed Steelers to punch him in the face. So I'm taking Steelers. Okay, going with the Steelers.
Speaker 8: I just don't think the Patriots have enough firepower right now to compete with that one guy.
Speaker 1: That plays quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm kind of he looks pretty solid the first first week, first week. Last week it was a little but I think he'll get back to it.
Speaker 8: And I think he played well last week, but it was on part of his receivers not understanding football bas turnovers in that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was not great. Let me go with Steelers though, yep.
Speaker 7: They Patriots have not found a way to get the ball to their high dollar receiver Digs.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: And I think that Aaron Rodgers beats up on Mike Rabel. So I'm going with the Steelers, Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Brian, Yeah, Steelers, easy for me, easy pick across the board and I get Digs the ball. Well, I mean he got tied up bow deck yellow. He's got a little bit going on. Texans at the Jags. Texans let you down last week.
Speaker 8: And I hate that man because I said it last week.
Speaker 1: I love Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 8: He's so hot right now. But I'm saying you don't remember that from last year.
Speaker 1: I do remember he is. He is, simply put, there's nothing wrong with that either. There's nothing wrong with that either.
Speaker 8: But what I'm saying is, whatever I pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to do. They do the exact opposite, and that is frustrating. But there's no way the using Texans go oh and three, I'm going Texans.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, you know I would always be hard pressed to put my money on the Jaguars, no matter what season it is, no matter who.
Speaker 1: Going, I'm going Texans to take it in Jacksonville. Can we say that sounder one more time? Bamer? Can you can you fire that up for me? You got if you say that, you got to follow it up with the next.
Speaker 6: Probably sometimes I'm gonna take the Jags. I'm gonna take They're they're desperate, they need to win big time. I know the Texans are coming off a loss too, But I don't if the Jags are that bad of a team, I really don't. I think they've got some pieces, they've got some talent. I don't know if they're better than the Texans, but I think they'll be better.
Speaker 1: At home in this one. It's gonna be a tight one, but give me the Jacks.
Speaker 7: Was gonna have those guys's gonna have those guys fired up. But something about it tells me that the Jags are They're figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think is going on three? I do? That's tight? All right, this one's for you. Wait, we gotta get Brian's picked for that last one. Brian.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can never bet on Trevor Lawrence. I don't think you feel.
Speaker 1: All right. We're gonna turn it right back around for you, Brian, because this is the Broncos at the Chargers in week three. What you got on that one.
Speaker 10: I'm literally on I twenty five right next to the Broncos stadium. But the Chargers are right now a better team. Give me the Chargers than Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 6: Isaiah almost got us in a car wreck right there when we were when we were there a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's another story for another time. Coffee boy, I don't remember that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll jog your memory when you realized that's an off the record conversation. All right, I'm gonna take Justin Herbert's been playing some good ball, Quentin Johnston's been playing well, Jim Harball has those guys rocking.
Speaker 1: Give me the Chargers to win this one. A tight game. I think this is one of one of the better games of the week. Chargers are strong I'm not going against them Patrick.
Speaker 9: For all the reasons that Kyle said. And I'll even throw in a high level performing Derwin James. Yeah, I'm taking the Chargers.
Speaker 8: H Joshph Domas, I'll take the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Think you're gonna pick up a game.
Speaker 18: Because he's got room to his spear. Get risk, can risk it for the Biscuit, all right, big biscuit. Lions at Ravens. I like this matchup a lot. This is really fun.
Speaker 1: Lions at Ravens Game of the Week. Yeah, this is a good one. Josh week material right there. I man the Lions.
Speaker 8: They I'm worried that they scoled scored all of their points last week against the Bears against the Bears, and it's not gonna happen for him against the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 1: Let me go with the Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens, all right, Ravens at home?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and unless you're you know, the Kansas City Chiefs, I'm not taking you against the Ravens at home.
Speaker 1: I'm going Ravens on this one. Give me Baltimore to win this one. Isaiah likely oh Baltimore. So he's not playing though, is he hasn't been hurt. Is Isaiah unlikely? He's I think he's likely Isaiah. Brian's good.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm good. Give me the home team, give me the Ravens.
Speaker 1: All right, we're where to make that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that was? All right? Uh, Brian, cowboys at the Bears. Give us the score and give us your winner.
Speaker 10: Oh Cowboys, thirty four to twenty. Brain to cut to press, Scott to pick in and Ciddey lamb all day, baby.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: Thirty thirty four to twenty the final score. Brian, thank you so much for coling. Be safe out there driving. We'll talk to you again down the line.
Speaker 10: Thanks, guys. Enjoyed the weekend, all right?
Speaker 1: There he goes Brian and Colorado. Brian had a monster snook into his car. That a that was not in this studio, right, was it? That was in his car? I don't know. I felt bad because I was like, I don't want to let he immediately he was like, yeah, I'm good. Sounds good. Just making sure you're I'm good.
Speaker 9: I'm great, great, Yeah, cowboys, just that early morning courus light, that's all.
Speaker 1: What happened to you?
Speaker 7: Dude's sound like you're possessed that Miller light in his fruit loops large Marge.
Speaker 1: Allright, we love you, Brian. All right, Brian, I love Patricks.
Speaker 9: Give us a start, man, I'm kind of hard to follow up with, Brian. I'm gonna keep it shut. I'm taking Cowboys in this. I think the Bears are going to get overpowered. I think the emotional component from both sides of the ball is a wash. And I think Javonte Williams and this rushing attack has their way setting up Seede Lamb Pickings, Jake Dack do their things. So I'm taking the Cowboys for another forty burger. I was correct last week with my forty burger. I think they dropped another forty. You just want more, I do, But I also do think both things are true. But also on the flipping to the defensive side of the ball, I think it takes them a moment to figure out how to keep Kayleb Williams in the pocket, maybe an entire first half Salen hurts, So I think the Bears do score some points from going forty twenty seven Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Okay, whoa forty twenty seven? Isaiah Wow? Thirty one seventeen Cowboys. Okay, hmmm, very close to my close in this one too. I'm gonna pull a heck Ma Harrison and say Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: I hope your team wins because it is going to be Cowboys thirty one Bears twenty Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, so Price is right. This is really funny. I went back and forth between like thirty one and twenty one the whole way, and that would split both of you, like right down the middle. I'll say thirty one twenty one first time. But you know why, Beimer, I'm gonna need you to help me out here a little bit. Do the Cowboys have an advantage at the quarterback position? Do they have an advantage at the wide receiver position? Do they have an advantage of the offensive line?
Speaker 1: What about the front seven? What about the defense as a whole? I don't know about that one yet, but we're gonna what's happening now? Boys are gonna do this week? Do you think they win it by multiple scores?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thirty one twenty one.
Speaker 6: Cowboys get it done going into Week three, and they're gonna go into a Week four matchup at two and one.
Speaker 1: That was fire, Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Of course for those that don't know, that's from the locker room celebration.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gottah in the night. It's amazing. Yeah, it didn't make it happen.
Speaker 5: We got it all right, That doesn't say it with your chest Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, beamer things right, Yeah, yeah, no, see Walker, Chuck, Yes, isay, stand back Chrispy and made.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yelmans say so long from Tarking Cowboys. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This has been a production Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.