Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arms Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: This scene that you saw off the coast of Venezuela really underscores just how dynamic this whole situation is, in which you see US forces being brought over to that ship by helicopter, repelling down onto the deck, seizing the ship, taking it into custody. The Attorney General's Office says that this ship was carrying sanctioned oil and contends that it has done so for Venezuela and Iran in the past, and this is certainly an escalation, you know, a major move that is being made by the administration here in the region.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Venezuela and Iran. This is a report on NEWSNAY this morning. I thought thought was so interesting. Then they went to a military guy who said, obviously this involves Venezuela, but it's also got to do with Russia and China and the war in Ukraine and everything else, and that there are many many oil tankers around the world that just fly under false flags illegally transporting oil around to get around the various sanctions that the countries that are part of the world order try to put on bad countries. And you always wonder how they get around these sanctions. Well, it's these sort of oil tankers. And was this at least the analysis on News Nation was this wasn't just you know, the ongoing trying to force Venezuela out. This was dealing with a separate problem also of we got to do something about these illegal oil shipments that have been going on forever, I mean forever.
Speaker 4: We just not hear about these seizures or are they really really rare? They never happened, That's what the guy was talking about, the world has just been letting this happen forever.
Speaker 3: And maybe Trump has decided that's enough of that. And I wonder, now this is getting into the giving Trump credit for nine dimensional chess thing, is part of the build up around Venezuela. To do this without specifically saying out loud of Vladimir Putin to poke him or whatever, that your daisy getting around the oil sanctions are coming to an end.
Speaker 4: Mmm. M. Realize that's a bit of a stretch, but a bit of a stretch, but not crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I call it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a minority likelihood less than fifty percent.
Speaker 1: But conspirable. Lord, it's the Jews. There you go.
Speaker 4: I saved you the trouble. Ah oh yeah. And what's the what's the latest one? Oh that the US government killed Charlie Kirk. Yeah, the help of the Jews and erin Kirk.
Speaker 1: Oh back to.
Speaker 3: The uh So, we we landed a bunch of our our military geniuses on the repelled down onto the oil tanker, took it over. The people in the oil tanker didn't fight back. That was a good move since the US, you know, a quarter of the US navies in the area.
Speaker 4: But Trump was asked, what's going to happen to the oil? This was his answer, It's unfortunate what happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know exactly what happened. He kind of started a little bit. But we'll see if we can put it out. We're interested in the world where we keep it. I guess when you have to follow the tanker, you know, here a good judgement, just followed the tanker, follow follow with the keep it. I guess that's another that point. I can't understand what they're saying anyway, we keep it. I guess.
Speaker 4: Hey are oil now you know finder scapers? Uh, so, finder escapers. We found this. Speaking of Venezuela, have you heard the story of Ria Corina Machado, the Nobel Peace Prize winner. She was trying to get to Norway by Wednesday in time to receive the prize, but she couldn't quite get there in time. So she's been hiding in this suburb of Caracas for a year.
Speaker 1: But first she.
Speaker 4: Had to get from there to a coastal fishing village. Over the course of ten nerve wracking hours, Mahado and two people helping her escape, they hit ten military checkpoints, avoiding capture each time. She was wearing a wig in in disguise. Finally reached the coast by midnight, rested a couple hours, then launched off on a perilous trip across the open Caribbean Sea to Kasau.
Speaker 1: Now why does she have to do this?
Speaker 3: Is would she be arrested by the government if they could get a hold of her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if she's trying to leave or come back into the country or whatever.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: She's in hiding, but there are strong winds, choppy seas, slowed them down.
Speaker 1: That's interesting to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, prior to her becoming a big name, I could see how that was the case. But after she won the Nobel Peace Prize. God, he would bring down so much international pressure if he arrested her, certainly if he hurt her. But so well, right right, so hang with me here now. So at five a m.
Speaker 4: She and her two companions set out on a high speed boat trip across choppy seas and strong winds. All right, so what was somebody luckily said, you know what we ought to do. We ought to kill Call the US. Yeah, let the military know this is US where we're launching from. And when drawing a strike on the Nobel Peace Prize winner would not look good. And as you can see, the Nobel Peace Prize winner is still bobbing in the ocean, clinging to balsa woods.
Speaker 1: We hit her again, yeah, oh boy.
Speaker 4: So they warned American forces in the region of the vessel's occupents to avoid the kind of air strike that's hit more than twenty similar vessels in.
Speaker 1: The past three months. Perhaps you've heard about it.
Speaker 4: So it was all coordinated and her her daughter accepted the Peace Prize, but she got to Oslo the next day and was vetted or not vetted, but vetted and celebrated, and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Vet vetted very different situations. Yeah, yeah, well she's probably fetted too.
Speaker 4: You can't have any joker walking off the street claiming they're the Nobel Priest Prize winner.
Speaker 3: But anyway, she got that show up in a city hoping to be fetted and they say, where's your birth certificate?
Speaker 1: I misread it, right, So then'd be unfortunate, right exactly.
Speaker 4: So moving along to other news, this is not getting any coverage, but I think it's really really interesting, particularly because this has been one of my many, many jihads through the years, and honestly, the confusion the reporting of it's been so confusing. Unless you know what they're talking about, you wouldn't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: There is a measure.
Speaker 4: A bill to overturn one of Trump's executive orders. The executive orders set no federal employee collective bargaining with the unions can't do that at an array of federal agencies, including parts of the Department of Defense, State Veterans Affairs, Justice, and Energy. Trump saying essentially we can't have the Department of Defense over a barrel because the union wants better benefits of the public employee union. And from Franklin D. Roosevelt on, most people with sanity know that there should not be collective bargaining for public employees, including one might.
Speaker 1: Argue school teachers. We could argue about that another day.
Speaker 4: It's just fraught with difficulties because the taxpayers are on the other side of the table, and generally nobody represents their interests anyway. Having said that, so there's this law to overturn Trump's executive order that the leadership won't the House leadership won't support, and so they're trying to pull off this discharge petition where you get another votes and whether the House leaders want it on the floor or not, it's coming to the floor for a vote.
Speaker 1: Here's the interesting thing.
Speaker 4: The thirteen Republicans joined Democrats to advance that bill to end Trump's efforts to cut down on the collective bargaining of unions, screwing up the government.
Speaker 1: Why did that happen? I found this interesting.
Speaker 4: A couple of these people, several of them are like in swing districts, and a couple of them just directly get a lot of union support. But here's where the thirteen were from. The thirteen congress people New Jersey, New York, New York, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Iowa, New Jersey, Minnesota, and Ida and Ohio.
Speaker 1: They're just all in big Union states.
Speaker 4: You'd hope Republicans would stand up for principle.
Speaker 1: NA, it's not gonna happen. So moving along.
Speaker 4: Mentioned this early in the show, this is a huge, huge story. We played the whole audio of the Attorney General of Florida announcing this, James Huttmeyer.
Speaker 1: But the state of Florida's filed.
Speaker 4: Two blockbuster lawsuits, one against Starbucks for discriminating against white people in the post George Floyd madness era. But secondly, Florida's filed suit against three medical groups that have pushed children being mutilated in these sex change experiments that kids can't possibly consent to. The w path Maniacs, the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, the Endocrine Society, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. And he just absolutely blasts him. They failed to disclose the risks, limits and evidence when promoting promoting so called gender affirming care for children. For years, these groups insisted the recommendations were set up science, but behind the closed doors, they knew the evidence was weak, they said, So they knew the outcomes are uncertain and the risk was real, and parents were not told the full story. In fact, many of them were emotionally blackmailed that if you did not turn Johnny into Jenny, Jenny would commit suicide.
Speaker 3: So is the key proving that they knew there were doing the wrong thing or known you're allowed to be wrong.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but if you're a medical association pushing say some heart surgery, that there's no statistical evidence that it's a good idea, yeah, you're absolutely liable. I was just wondering if it's like the tobacco companies, if they got emails or whatever, were people communicating where it's pretty clear that they knew they were pushing bs that was your help, I would think, although, I mean, if it's just gross negligent, I think they actually believed it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've heard people say it out loud that the whole you have to you have.
Speaker 1: To you know, do the.
Speaker 3: What do they call that addictomy or yeah, or the kid woke commit suicide. So you got no, but you said people, and I think it's absolutely imperative. You recognize we're talking about medical professionals and their groups. I mean, removing healthy genitalia from children unsupported by any reasonable evidence based science is horrific. Can I believe that they took the very specific small study about suicide and extrapolated it in their own minds to get the woke mind virus and believed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do believe that. Yeah, Yeah, absolutely true.
Speaker 4: So where this goes should be really really interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: My virus is a real thing. I agree with Elan on that sense. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just read actually a different study about how so much of the transgender stuff was just a signal of political position, political attitudes, and that the kids are so susceptible to that sort of thing tribal signaling or fashion signaling or I want to be in the in crowd signaling. That makes it all the more monstrous that you would seize on that sort of thing among children and alter their bodies forever.
Speaker 1: It's monstrous.
Speaker 3: It's like that buddy of mine here is his daughter, high school daughter, Herne. All her friends, like nine of them decided they were gay. At school and he was telling her statistically, that's really just not possible.
Speaker 4: And also statistically, in just a few years, the vast majority of you, we will say never mind, if not all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so go Florida.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Fallon joke just came across on Twitter. I don't know how old it is. It doesn't make any difference. It's really interesting, among other things.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: This is kind of apropos and nothing, and we don't need to dwell on it.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how long ago this.
Speaker 3: Was guessing since they were talking about the twenty twenty census. It was when do we get that information year year or two later, something like that. Yeah, AnyWho, And there's scary. There's music behind this because I came across it on Twitter and they wanted to be scary.
Speaker 1: It actually is scary.
Speaker 3: But this is a joke from the Tonight Show and Jimmy Fallon when he was talking about census data.
Speaker 1: Some more news.
Speaker 3: The results of the twenty twenty census just came out and for the first time in American history, the number of white people went down.
Speaker 4: That's the whole clip. Just and Jimmy Fallon had a look on his face. He looked at the band and made this confused face, like, why are you cheering that?
Speaker 1: Wow? What great? Being weird? How often has that ever happened?
Speaker 3: I've asked this question many times. How often has this ever happened in world history? We're any group of people, because I guarantee a lot of those people cheering were cheers their own diminishing power or existence or whatever.
Speaker 4: As I started to say, that is a really great emblem of how sick that time was, where self hatred among white people was so fashionable. Some have clung onto that, but they're sick. I think it's still around, and I don't care what the percentage of white people are. Doesn't make any difference to me. If you believe in you.
Speaker 3: Know, self governance and limited government, low taxes, The hue of your.
Speaker 4: Skin got nothing to do with it. But fewer white people, no matter your color, day is.
Speaker 3: Strange, subhorrent, sick And obviously don't even need to say this. Obviously, if you said that about any other skin color or religion or anything like that and people cheered.
Speaker 4: It would be a national crisis. Might they would end your career, take away your children. Oh, speaking of which, let's play this now, it goes along great. This is a Congresswoman, Sarah Stalker, Democrat of Kentucky at an education hearing eleven Michael.
Speaker 5: I don't feel good about being white every day for a lot of reasons, because it's a point of privilege that I get to move through the world in a way that so many of my other colleagues and friends and family members of the community don't get the privilege to do. And I'm just a female, but just a woman, just a white woman. If I was a white man, I would be functioning from a point of.
Speaker 1: Even greater privilege.
Speaker 5: I think we're missing an opportunity when kids have a moment to reflect about how the color of their skin does and does not allow them to move through the world, running to them and trying to stifle that and trying to say you shouldn't feel bad, so we don't want to ever expose you to something that is going to make you have to pause and have maybe some internal feelings. It's a missed opportunity for some really good diale.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what a favor of making white children feel bad for the color of their skin in every class And she.
Speaker 1: Is a what what is her position of power? Is she a congress person or is that a state legislator? She's a state representative. I don't care.
Speaker 4: She's a hot dog vendor on the corner. That attitude is unbelievable. Yeah, so she went from uh, she not only is going with the you need to recognize it, which I've never understood what the hell that means?
Speaker 1: What? What what am I supposed to do with that?
Speaker 4: It is somewhat easier to be a white person than a black person, for instance, Okay, some of the time, probably.
Speaker 1: Depending on how what do you want me to do? Just now feel bad?
Speaker 4: But then she took it to if kids aren't feeling bad, that's a problem, right, you are so nuts? Well, yeah, certainly misled. But she's a useful idiot of neo Marxism that seeks to pit all of us against each other, victim and oppressor at every moment. And how do you get power away from the patriarchy or the white supremacists as they see it, by shaming them into giving away, you know, virtually everything they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: I'll bet she actually believes this also, though play that very first part again, though I thought that was interesting, just the first like sentence A useful idiot.
Speaker 5: I don't feel good about being white every day?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: You go through every day of your life not feeling good about your skin color.
Speaker 1: You're so crazy. I mean that's on your mind every day.
Speaker 4: How Wow, I'd like to crawl inside her brain for a while.
Speaker 1: Live that way. So people are sick and they're teaching their kids. Wow, different topic.
Speaker 3: The NATO Secretary General just gave one hell of a speech in Berlin that we ought to pay attention to no matter your skin.
Speaker 4: Color, and I will finally pay off. Why is ice slippery? Science thinks they've figured it out. They didn't know why we can fall on our heads happily knowing science can explain it.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Lucia has bought We're back into Europe and he must be prepared for the skill of our grandparents and great grandparents and Jeordan.
Speaker 3: That's part of quite a speech that was given today in Berlin by the current NATO Secretary General. That's Mark Root. I don't know what his nationality is. The commander of NATO is always an American because we are NATO, and NATO will only succeed.
Speaker 1: With US, at least so far.
Speaker 3: But the Secretary General said today we are Russia's next target.
Speaker 4: We must shift to a wartime mindset. Ukraine must have what it needs to defend itself. Russia's losing twelve hundred soldiers a day. If Putin's willing to sacrifice ordinary Russians like this, what is he prepared to do to us? Eighty percent of the critical components in Russians drones and missiles are made in China.
Speaker 1: China is a lifeline for Russia's war.
Speaker 3: Russia could be ready to use military force against NATO within five years. Conflict is at our door. And then what you just heard, we must be prepared for the scale of war our grandparents and great grandparents endured.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow is right.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's Samed at least partly right at Trump too, with that recent security document that came out that honestly its significance is overrated. But yeah, I think Europe is really really concerned about Trump's attitude toward Russia and Europe.
Speaker 1: Of course, what are they willing to do about it? Well?
Speaker 4: I like what he's saying that Europe needs to be ready to well, it needs to be ready for war on that scale, should it come as opposed to being a fat, lazy old you know, you know family pet of the United States that does nothing to protect the homestead.
Speaker 3: As I pointed out before, I forget what thinker said were for European countries in this battle. There are those that can but won't, and there are those that can't and won't. That's pretty much your choices.
Speaker 4: You got a handful of countries that can't even reform their entitlements and the rest of the things. The socialism in short, that's dragging them down to balance their budget, never mind dedicating another two three four percent of their GDP to defense.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that.
Speaker 3: Well, how about that shot at China? What was what's the intention there? Eighty percent of the critic components in Russians drones and missiles are made in China. China is a lifeline for Russia's.
Speaker 4: War message in that new foreign policy document that the Trump administration put out, they kissed up to China. They made it all about, hey, we got to do business with channelists. Do business with them there, buddy, And Europe needs to straighten up, including the best new Navidia chips yea and Ukraine needs to give up and the rest of it. Yeah, the Euros are not happy with the state of American foreign policy right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not happy with their foreign policy. I want you to do something about it. As I've said eighty times, I'm on Donald Tusk of Poland's side.
Speaker 1: Why are we.
Speaker 3: Equal economy to the United States counting on them to defend.
Speaker 1: Ourselves against Russia. Well, that's what Ruth's saying. That's exactly what he's saying. Yeah, well, you're turning it into Trump.
Speaker 3: I'm standing up for America about Europe does something about their own backyard.
Speaker 1: And then that was beautiful. That was really good and a nice saying. I think. I think that's when. I think that's when Lee Greenwood comes on the stage.
Speaker 4: Or something, eagle flies by or I'm not sure really, but yeah, probably the balls hit rock punches you in the balls exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a couple old guys fighting.
Speaker 3: Here's my best slipping on the ice story before you explain to us why ice is slippery. And I've fallen down on ice many many times in my life. Having grown up in South Dakota, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Kansas, I've slipped on the ice many many times, but my best slipping on the ice that hurt the most and was the most embarrassing. I'm in a tuxedo, I think for a wedding, and uh.
Speaker 1: Hard shoes are bad on ice, man, oh boy.
Speaker 3: And the worst of hard shoes cheap rental tuxedo shoes, which aren't likely.
Speaker 4: To have any rubber grips on them or anything like that. They're just the smooth leather.
Speaker 3: Somehow, like it was like a cartoon. I could feel it, and it feels like there was a pause in mid air. Both my feet went out and I feel like I was horizontal in the air at about eye height. That's what it felt like to me for like a second with music bellying in the background, before I came down to the ground, completely flat on the sidewalk. It was just, oh, did that hurt?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: She don't know how that happened, Auchie, Because ice is slippery, Jack, But why is ice slippery? I had no idea, We didn't know. It had never occurred to me to ask. Everybody knows it's slippery because ice is got a thin, watery layer on top of it. Well's gonna say if you put a thin watery layer on anything, pavement, anything, it's slippery.
Speaker 1: So that seems to answer the question, it's more slippery.
Speaker 4: But why is there a See, this is why you're not a scientist. Why is there a thin watery layer. Well, three main theories about the phenomenon have been debated over the past two centuries. This is one of the great questions confronting mankind and one that frankly, could go un answered for the rest of time and everybody'd continue to fall and break their elbow. But anyway, earlier this year, researchers in Germany who ought to have a better defense, put forward a fourth hypothesis that they say solves the puzzle all right. So hypothesis number one was pressure, Like if you're skating or you step on it, the pressure melts the surface, making its slippery. Now, in the nineteen thirties they disproved that they calculated to me the average skier exerts way too little pressure to significantly alter ICE's melting point. To do so, the skier would have to weigh thousands of kilograms, and certainly that five thousand pounds skier would need specially designed skis moving along. How about friction, Yes, it's the friction that melts the ice as you step on it. They tested Zeri and Round official ice cave in the Swiss Alps, using a complex contraption to measure the friction between ice and other materials. Although this explanation still appears in textbooks, many scientists disagree with it. The problem is that you only melt the ice behind you, not the ice you're actually skating on. Ah right, exactly, you haven't.
Speaker 3: You haven't had friction on the stuff that your skating blade is about to hit, and it's already slippery.
Speaker 4: And to test the friction hypothesis, these scientists created a microscopic ice skating rink. They rotated a piece of metal standing in for a blade of a skate at different speeds, measuring the force required to move the metal and force the metal exerted onto the ice.
Speaker 1: Measure that.
Speaker 3: It turns out, I was assuming that, like all scientific experts, experiments that involved mice.
Speaker 4: So they put mice in tiny little ice skits. Couldn't get them laced up. Try it over and over again, couldn't get them on type. The mice's ankles just bent sideways. Sound they gave it up anyway, that didn't work. In short, there's another possibility the ice surface is wet before anything makes contact with it. That's called the pre melting theory, which is getting close but hypothesis number four. Recently, a team of researchers in Germany identified arguments against all three prevailing theories for pressure to be high enough to melt eight surfaces.
Speaker 1: In short, it doesn't. It doesn't work.
Speaker 3: So my biggest question is, and I'll bet there's an answer to this. It seems like a lot of time, effort, and money is being spent on trying to figure this out. So there must be some reason they think if they could figure out why, and I bet it's got to do with some sort of cheap transportation or something, why they need the answer to this question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there was another explanation that I kind of skipped, that, being that surface molecules don't have as many neighbors as low lying molecules, and so they don't have enough energy to overcome the strong bonds with solid ice molecules. And that's what they're looking at right now. Gemstone polishers have long known from experience that some sides of a diamond are easier to polish or softer than others. In twenty eleven, another German research group published paper explaining this phenomenon. They created computer simulations of two diamonds sliding against each other. Atoms on the surface were mechanically pulled out of their bonds, which allowed them to move form new bonds and so on. This sliding formed a structureless amorphous layer, and in contrast to the liquid nature of the diamond, this layer is disordered and behaves more like a liquid than a solid.
Speaker 1: So it gets go ahead. I'll think about that the next time I'm polishing in the diamond. Wow.
Speaker 4: So they argue that a similar mechanism happens in ice. They simulated ice surfaces sliding against each other. Blah blah blah. It's at a molecular level. It's just more unstable at the edges. And so you know, I've I've played pond hockey on days that were so bitterly cold it was a risk for frostbite at every moment. There's no melting of the surface of the ice under any circumstances. Yet it was slippery as hell. They should have asked a young pond hockey player.
Speaker 1: Our pond. Yeah, that's true. I've been on ice. It's not slippery.
Speaker 3: Our pond nearby when I lived in one time moved a lot and when we lived in a near Hazel Green, Wisconsin, tiny little time, the pond that we'd go out on was actually the sewage that's where all the sewage would go, and then it would freeze over and have a ice on the top and we'd.
Speaker 4: Go out there and skate around stuff like that. But occasionally it would break and I don't remember anybody ever fallen in, but like you could throw rocks in that pond and the water that would splash up would be brown.
Speaker 1: I was disgusting.
Speaker 4: Oh and it horrible, But we would go out on that when it was frozen winter.
Speaker 1: Wonderland. Mmm, We're lucky.
Speaker 4: Our little town in Chicago Land we had a big, big park at the time. It's kind of gotten squashed by building a school in the middle of it and that sort of thing. But they would just flood these large, large surfaces of the park and it would freeze like for most of the winter. That was great to play on. That was the purpose. Oh yeah, yeah, for pond hockey.
Speaker 3: Could you get away with that anymore? Or would you get sued? Because somebody fell and hurt their arm, or.
Speaker 4: Oh, now you're making me sangry, sad and angry. Yeaheah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, but oh yeah, god.
Speaker 1: We'd be out there for hours and hours and hours and.
Speaker 4: Hours and at risk of getting a bruise or I took a couple of bucks off the face of maybe bleeding a little bit. And all we got out of it was constant exercise, inventing games, inventing rules, adjudicating disputes for those rules, and just.
Speaker 1: All without adult supervision.
Speaker 4: And when we did get our heads split open, we thought, ow huh. And we made our way home and our mom said, oh my god, what happened, and they dealt with our wounds, and we thought, yeah, it's no big deal to get hurt.
Speaker 1: You're generally pretty okay. It's a good thing we didn't do that when we were kids. My grade school in high school had a steep hill that we skate. We slid down on our shoes in the middle of the winter, and it was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Everybody would wear their Sunday school shoes on the bus in the winter. See have your slipperiest shoes on and get at the top of the hill and you just kind of squat down and go flying down that thing and crash at the bottom, and.
Speaker 1: Everybody loved it. Yeah, there's no way you'd come close to doing that sort of thing. Now.
Speaker 3: I'll visit at that school when we were at the convention, the Republican Convention and Madison, I drove over and checked. That school still has the hill, But I'll bet they don't let people sled down it on.
Speaker 1: Their shoes anymore.
Speaker 4: I would bet you any sum of money you're right, and does any Is there a single human being that thinks that's better? There might be sort of moms that go to the skate park and make kids fill out forms to make sure they have a helmet on before they have any fun. The fact that Jack played on sewage, Yeah, that's where I'm stuck. Okay, sewage hockey. It's not like we've lost in America. And the fact that that was the sliding down the hill generation one World War two all right, didn't really It was several generators, remember though, huh, I don't remember dashing Grenada.
Speaker 1: So playing on the sewage pond is surprising to you.
Speaker 3: It's surprising to me looking back on it a lot. I don't know that any there were any parents that were aware we were doing it, so they might not have been in.
Speaker 1: Favor of it either. I don't It was.
Speaker 3: Off far away. What was the best toll exactly? The death toll was zero. Luckily we were still still around to win World War two. According to Joe in the seventies, we will finish ship strong next. I swear our goal on this show every day is not how could we depress people the most? Though sometimes it seems like that is our raison dat track for this program.
Speaker 4: Stike you sad, scared or depressed. I don't know, It's just our personalities, I guess.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there's this article that would would be uplifting if it weren't for I'm going to throw in there, here's why you shouldn't be so happy. Oh No, four oh one k's are minting a generation of millionaires. Many Americans are peaking that the retirement counts and cheering higher balances. I had to for legal reasons, actually take a look at my four on one K yesterday, and it was pretty pleased at where it was compared to the last place I looked at it. Because, as you know, the stock market is been setting a record practically every day for quite a while now, and it's a lot higher.
Speaker 1: As of the.
Speaker 3: Third quarter, there were six hundred and fifty four thousand millionaires in the brokerage fadility, just from their four to one k, highest level they've ever had. My first thought when I read that was yeah, but with inflation, it don't quite mean the same as it used to.
Speaker 1: So I got out my inflation calculator and here's.
Speaker 3: Where I take what was supposed to be an uplifting story about how many of us are millionaires and turn it into it's not quite the same. It depends on how far back you want to go. But if you go back to nineteen eighty, like you know, were you a kid or whatever you were in nineteen eighty and you had a view of what a millionaire was, well, that person that'd be like a someone a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars back then, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, a two hundred and fifty thousand there, or another way to look at it, was a millionaire back then, you'd have to have four million dollars now to reach what you thought of as a millionaire back then in nineteen eighty or Okay, that's too far back, you're not that old. Let's just go back to two thousand, in the beginning of the century. Still about half a million. She still got to have about wow million dollars to be the same as what a millionaire was in the year two thousand.
Speaker 4: Keep pumping currency into the economy and devaluing everything we've worked for a government.
Speaker 3: I'm not actually, my goal actually isn't to make me or anyone said. My goal is let and this is one of the cores of conservative is to live in reality.
Speaker 4: There's no point in going around thinking I'm a millionaire.
Speaker 3: If your view of a millionaire is a little outdated given the inflation over the.
Speaker 1: Last several years.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean to the extent that I have a philosophy of this show at all.
Speaker 1: It's what is the truth? What's reality? That's something, isn't it.
Speaker 4: The nineteen eighty number was interesting, The two year two thousand number was shocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cutting in half Pikes final, Oh gee, are you ready to soft rock? Here's your host for final thoughts.
Speaker 4: Joe getting Let's get a final time from everybody on the crew. To wrap up the day, there is Michael Angelo pressing the buttons in the control room.
Speaker 1: Michael final thought, you.
Speaker 4: Know, we did a news story about cheeseburgers and then it turned into it we need to get a cheeseburger for lunch. I'm just thinking, how often do we do stories about food.
Speaker 1: And it ends up becoming lunch after the show? A lot?
Speaker 4: A lot? Yeah, indeed, Katie Green are a steam newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 3: Well, on that note, I have already planned my cheeseburger for later today.
Speaker 1: He wants me talk about it. I have to have it. Yeah, me too, heah yeah, and you're cheeseburgering for two yes.
Speaker 4: Jack. A final thought, Ah, the way I.
Speaker 3: Have started to do it is to I'll indulge the cheeseburger, but no fries. There's really no reason for me eating French fries. I love French fries, are delicious, but I mean they're just there's just like no.
Speaker 1: Health benefit to eating French fries. Yeah. I love the cheeseburger, love it, love it, love it like everybody does.
Speaker 4: But if I had one food, I had to eat only that the rest of my life, no question. Be like supreme pizza. Number one, I'm a pizza freak. Number two.
Speaker 1: I get tired of sausage, I just pick off the sausage.
Speaker 4: I get tired of green peppers and just pick off the peppers.
Speaker 1: So it's a bit of a cheating, is what you're doing. It's not cheating at all, it's thinking. Do you consider thinking cheating? Do you do you?
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny Armstrong in Geeddy wrapping up, But oh they're grueling four hour work there.
Speaker 4: I would eat pizza five daytes a week. Ah, so many people who thinks so a little time ago. At Armstrong and geddy dot com, the swag store is still open. Put a picture of the really cool T shirt. You're gonna get your loved one under the tree. That's good enough. Drop is a oak nail bag. At Armstrong and Getdy dot com, I give.
Speaker 1: Them a picture of their gift. They'll get us soon enough. Sure we will see tomorrow with all the news. Oh tomorrow's Friday. I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 4: We'll see then, God us America. I'm strong and Jetty stole bluff the show. Listen there there get a six.
Speaker 1: Sons all honey yet song. Benny Foot Song, Benny Foot, Sonny Top Talk, Bendy, Tom Tugbady's Dot Talk, Armstrong and Getty