Speaker 1: Coming up with a Get Loud podcast. Of course we're gonna talk about Dallas Week. Of course we're gonna talk about things and the lonely time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, superstition is something.
Speaker 3: Hey knowing guys. It is to Get Loud Podcast with jameson.
Speaker 1: Smooth, presented by See Geek, the official Chickny partner of your Hollday Holidays.
Speaker 4: Ooh, we should do an album, you know what we should because I am a crooner, you know, like I played the piano as a side job too also, so.
Speaker 2: That's why really anytime I do karaoka, I do a lot of Elton jug Oh.
Speaker 3: I could come into the background and be like, dude.
Speaker 4: See yellow Brick Road is my goal to see everybody. You gotta yodel when you get into that Yellow Brick Road.
Speaker 3: You love that that's your favorite song?
Speaker 4: Right close to it, that's my favorite Elton John's okay, all right, So you know I'm all over the plateau when it come to music.
Speaker 2: Like, I like a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: All well, you will be listening to sad songs if you were talking about this game, because it was not the best performance for the comm So look, we can go into the weeds here, But I think more than anything, what I'd like to know us, and I think what a lot of people would like to know us. When you're in a position like this, yes, and you're sort of in a tail spin, how do you get out of it as a profession where.
Speaker 2: You're talking to the right person?
Speaker 4: Because I started off of my career here oh and six, and we had some other stores where we had to just set everything down and axi ourselves and talk to the players and talk to each other and say, how are we losing these games?
Speaker 2: What's to come? And denominator.
Speaker 4: So we take the last five games, we bring them up, and we only watch them as a team. Push the coaches out. This ain't about you, This ain't about the exits and O. This is about the Jimmy and the Jones. Get in here and we kind of self correct. That's what we do, especially when we lose to a team that we feel like playing for player health wise, we was better in position, third screen, quarterback, We had everything working in our favor.
Speaker 2: But yet and still we seem to give these games up. What's to come? Denominated?
Speaker 4: It seems to be playing We play our best games on the road. Why do we have a bunker mentality? Do we have the mentality?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 2: We played better when it's everybody against us?
Speaker 1: Is it that?
Speaker 2: Truly? We play better as an underdog because when we're overdog, it.
Speaker 4: Just never seems like we're focused on crossing those t's and Dotingo's eyes. And I think that what has a lot to do with it, because then it's all about finishing. It's all about.
Speaker 2: Completing the mission. And even though as bad as it was, we turned the ball over six times, still we had a chance to win that game at the end.
Speaker 1: So I loved what John Allen said after the game, which is, you need to ask yourself and my part of the solution of the part of the body.
Speaker 2: And that's what we was talking.
Speaker 4: That's what we talk about in these meetings. That's how we hold each other accountable. No coaches in there. Now, we could sit up there and be rudely honest with each other. You know, James, what was you doing on the third down?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I was I was trying to get this done, but it was outside of the play call, and that's how you got out of there.
Speaker 2: We schmooth.
Speaker 4: What was you doing when you gave up that favor? Out man, it was my technique. I should have probably played them outside safety. Next time I pat my thigh. I just know I'm not finna move. I'm finna go try to get this bob. So it's like a family, Like when things going wrong with your family, y'all sit down over dinner, y'all hash it out, and y'all move on.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what they have to do.
Speaker 3: How do you do that in a way where because everyone has an ego, you.
Speaker 2: Don't offend anybody.
Speaker 3: Well, and you're gonna get offended, leave your ego at the door.
Speaker 4: Well, tell you that before this meeting. When we had this meeting, you know for a fact, I ain't nothing. We ain't in here the power out here.
Speaker 2: This won't be good. You're not in here to praise anybody.
Speaker 4: Indeed, everybody knows no matter how good of a game you had, you threw for four hundred one, enough, rest for two hundred one another. Like so everybody in the room though, we ain't doing enough as a collective group. And we know in pro sports you either work together. Are y'all playing to be on divided on other teams? Because the one thing they don't do, they're just not gonna keep guys just playing the game to get that's not winning football game.
Speaker 1: A buddy of mine in that same vein he had hired a guy to work for him in the restaurant business here in DC. It's a kid like he would just kind of come up rough around the edges a little bit, but had the grind to him and he said, hey, listen, man, I just need you to know, like before we close up, we need to do this and this and this kid and me was like, well, there's a problem.
Speaker 2: We can take care of me.
Speaker 3: He's like, yo, listen, no, no, no, no, no, Like we're.
Speaker 2: On the same We're on the same side.
Speaker 3: We're on the same side here. We have a common goal, you know.
Speaker 4: And this the whole thing when you gotta come and go. First of all, Number one, what is the go to? How do we get there?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 4: What's been hindering us? Like I was always told young, very young age Steve McNair, never forget it. He used to throw this dream camp in Mississippi, Steve McNair, Jerry Rice, all of the grace that was playing at the time. Then you got us high schoolers just right under him, and they would come out and this wasn't no regular camp. They went out here teaching. They was out here actually like doing the with us. Steve was to sell them on salmon. Quarterback Jerry was to wind out Jimmy Smith wind out. I'm walking up on Jimmy Smith as a tenth grade level and he just maudeling me like so.
Speaker 2: But but guess what they told us? The price to pay the ball to be the boss.
Speaker 4: And they said something that always stuck out with me, this little brown football not only could change your life, this can show you the world.
Speaker 2: And I've lived it and it has shown me the world. And that with the thing about it.
Speaker 4: So sometimes you need to get roughed up, yep to really understand what game you were part of.
Speaker 1: What's the one time, maybe there was multiple times, but one thing that stands out to you in your career could be a tough game, touch stretch and you kind of had to sit down with yourself and say, I need to think about what I need to do here and how I want.
Speaker 4: To approach this movie forward. Great question, Jenks, that would make you a professional? I would probably say when I was in Minnesota my second year, it started to you know, they always say oh boo boo, roll down.
Speaker 2: Here, you know.
Speaker 4: So it started off I come in, I'm kind of thickest out and ever being like two hundred pound fresh ain't pounds.
Speaker 2: Then it's I'm sluggish.
Speaker 4: Then my brother dies during the season, and then I just never could shake it off, and I was just for a little bit, I just just lost love for the game.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't focus like I'm hyper focused. I just was floating.
Speaker 4: And that's when I said, at the end of the year, I was like, I'm emotionally not happy, I'm mentally not happy. And that's when I went in the office with Ziggy Will and the rest of these guys and got myself traded back here and I smiled the whole time. So sometimes you have to push the reset button. But the first thing you got to do is be self aware. And I told him I have nothing against Minnesota. I love Minnesota as a place. I just don't think you will ever get the best friend smooth, You'll never get the best version. Not why coach Gibbs over there, Yeah, not why I'm looking over there missing him. Like so, at the end of the day, if you really want this to work, let's just break up.
Speaker 2: Emably and make it good. And that's why I was no drama with it because I was good. They was good, cause Gibbs was good.
Speaker 4: I got I got on the phone call Coach Gibb like, yeah, they said, if you can trade for me, and they're like, give me thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask you a question. You don't want to talk about it, we can start over.
Speaker 1: But I lost my brother a few years ago, and as anyone who has lost someone, yeah, you never really get over that.
Speaker 2: Now, you just you just learned to live with it.
Speaker 1: So my question is, since that happened while you were playing, how much did it help you coming back to DC and being under someone like Joe gibbson WHW I know you were here.
Speaker 4: Because he's nurturing. Yes, like Coach Gibbs has d like it's a couple of different coaches. You got your disciplinarian, you got your genius, then you got your guy with the Granddaddy effect, and Coach Gils was actually a sprinkle of all three, all right, So that Granddaddy effect, that's when you would run through a brick wild for you don't have to ask him twice. I'm here to protect him. You know how you feel about your grand But then you got that mad scientist and that genius, and today people would probably say Shannon hand like, so you got the guys that's just gonna really get on that paper and do it.
Speaker 2: But he knew it. He knew it, He knew how to let me be me.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's always understood you at your court, at my court.
Speaker 4: He knew I love football, he like, he said, boy who loves the practice every day? Like I love the practice every day. The game just ain't promised, he like, because nobody I come out to practice.
Speaker 2: I'm full in it.
Speaker 4: I'm full of gold. Everybody's scratching. I'm walking around talking to allay. He like, he knew I could bring a team together, gavanize a team. And I think every player has to have another job besides catching the ball, intercepting the ball, tackling the ball. You got to have some people that have to connect the tissue to a team. And I think coach Gibbs and Coach Gibbs is right what I needed at that time. I don't think if I go to the charges, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Fat like between him and Greg Williams, they was right what I need because Gregg is your main scientist, and Coach Gibbs is my granddad.
Speaker 1: I love that we're gonna talk about the cowboys. We're gonna talk about Thanksgiving first, We're gonna pay some biz.
Speaker 2: Let's start. You're traveling this holiday season. I might jump in the hond all right.
Speaker 1: Feel the power of the CRV hybrid and a cord hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport their most rugged eschue of ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the funder drive Honda Civic with the available Terrible Charge engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today, and we cannot forget about recycle track systems.
Speaker 3: This agreeing guy right here, he cares about the world.
Speaker 2: I just had to do an interview with de Yeah, we did. I had to tell him that I knew a.
Speaker 1: Living Arts Yes, is transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with preemium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules and sharing timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit artis dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 2: The Price is Right is in your future. I think you think so. I think you'll be a great game show host. Oh thanks, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta sprinkle a little chuck Woolery in there, and you know, little.
Speaker 3: Bob Bark, we can work it out under the table and you can that one dollar. I'm like, come on down right.
Speaker 4: Out there had always been one of my dream because I watched it with my grandma all the time. Prices right, Oh, it's kind of like an old people's show, and I would close.
Speaker 2: My eyes and be like, what happens if they say free? It's smooth? Come on that, like all of us want to come on? Oh yeah. I was watching these old.
Speaker 4: People run and I was like, I wonder how many people they had to cut out of here because they fail.
Speaker 2: Because I'm sure some old people face has that's what old people do they fall? I was sure, you.
Speaker 3: Don't mean fail, you mean fall, I mean fall on the ground.
Speaker 2: After Bob just told you come on down, like come on man. Everybody wanted that man. Everybody wanted that situation for a while.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen that documentary where the dude got both He nailed to a dollar, like the exact like the showcase showdown got it down to the dollar. It's because he was using someone else in the audience, and the guy in the audience was the one who had done all the research and he had this spreadsheet over years, knew everything down to the dollar. So this guy who won both showcases was watching a guy in the audience and got them both. And the crazy thing about it is this is how you knew that the Price is right figured something was up. Is that when Drew Carrey says, hey, you want both showcases, he didn't even get excited.
Speaker 3: He's like, hmm, you know that got them both? Ye, and just walks away And you're like, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen to me. People with five ways to cheat on everything, it.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing you can do.
Speaker 4: The price is right actually with one of the easier game to cheat, because if you know something. Come on, we know what the average car they was never putting Mercedes on there, right, putting lower cards on there?
Speaker 2: Who don't know how much refrigerator cars? Like they had items over here.
Speaker 4: I used to watch him people be like ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm like they talking about a pillow? What are you guessing?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What's really going on with you? Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: It is not my best transition, ye Patrick Mahmes, because I don't know how to transition to this.
Speaker 3: He says that he wears a lucky.
Speaker 5: Pair of underwear, underwear red pair of underwear Superman, given to him by his wife years ago, not months ago, years ago, and that he wears that pair before each and every single game.
Speaker 2: Yep, so all, let me share this with you all sports athletes. Track. I don't care a NASCAR. We are so superstitious. We could be the most superstitious people on the earth.
Speaker 4: If we have a good game wearing any apparel, it's gonna be whoa until we have a bad game.
Speaker 2: That's just how we are.
Speaker 4: I used to have this pair of socks, Okay, I started wearing them my rookie year. I wore my first game against San Diego. I had an interception, sem tackles form a recovery, Rookie of the Week, play defensive player of the week, and I roll those socks jinx until like week fifteen, when I was like, it ain't no sock left yep, all right, And it was.
Speaker 2: Only like you know how you got a ristband.
Speaker 4: The top of the sock is what I had left, the bottom gone, the toes gone. So I would just wear the sock band really amongst my other socks. You just put it on the top for three years.
Speaker 2: No, no, I just make it part of it.
Speaker 4: I was like, I just need a piece of that sock, Like I'm literally like like somebody that's addicted. You got some socks, and I would wear any remembered of those socks.
Speaker 2: This is every player.
Speaker 4: So once he said it down, like I have seen like players do like way worse. I got players that had undershirts that they had made, they cut all up, they put like people name on them. Yeah, and if they had a game, they would never wash it and it would stink like when I say stink, it would stink and they'd be like, no, I can't wash it, Like whatever works for you, baby, Like patrickhome seid he doesn't wash his drugs unless.
Speaker 2: Listen and it's working. A couple of MVPs come to Super Bowl Patrick, let me borrow them.
Speaker 3: Draw When did you stop wearing the sock? Did you ever stop wearing them?
Speaker 2: Once it became clue clear to me that it wasn't nothing left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once I got to the band, I was like, you know what, maybe I just need to push the reset button. It just you know, try to take control of my own destiny. Yeah, and buy me a new pair of socks. So then what it was like, we are to the point where there was certain cliques.
Speaker 2: How would wear like?
Speaker 4: I wore the same pair of claks every time I played bread Fardy's Jordan Claks and I picked breath off.
Speaker 2: Like five times. So did I believe it was me? Of the shoes?
Speaker 1: It was me?
Speaker 2: But with these shoes over makes me britt fav dominant. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So we play these mentals.
Speaker 3: I started saying, so mental, it's.
Speaker 2: So mental, and we play these mental games with ourselves.
Speaker 4: I had cliques that I played so bad that I left them in the state in the stadium and we just played it. Left them in Carolina. Never want to walk in those shoes again.
Speaker 3: Is that the game where he came back and you have the button yard?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so just clarifying, I left the.
Speaker 4: Shoes in Carolina only to ride home with a butt toxicgether. So you have these times like players do this. Jason Campbell, my quarterback, was the same.
Speaker 3: Way with a pair of blue Oh your were okay.
Speaker 4: We used to call him heck saw Jim Duggins and he and he played so bad in Temple one year. I just got up and said, if you don't leave these draws and tell I know something. Them draws are not getting back on the plane. They are not getting back on the plane head at the dully, not with us. So we add superstititions. I think coaches are very superstitious.
Speaker 3: Also, Oh no, that so what is the knock you want to knock anyone?
Speaker 1: Because whatever works for you for what is an odd superstition that you saw in the locker room or were you thought even for superstitions?
Speaker 3: That's a little weird, all right.
Speaker 4: Uh. London used to throw up before every game, mostly emotionally, no, just mostly mostly okay, used like you'll see London before a game his eyes read and throw like You'll be like, we already played for corn and football start yet, so.
Speaker 2: He'll rip up like that. Sometimes it's it's like different guys. Some guys like to get slapped.
Speaker 3: You were telling me that's crazy.
Speaker 4: To me, man, listen, I don't know if people remember what is his name was. They had that on TV where he had one trainer. No, it was the weight room coach, big detail of John Henderson. Okay, play for Jacksonville, yep. And he would get the weight scrint coach just to give him ten of the hardest slaps in the world.
Speaker 2: Like and this is a scrint coach. You know, the scrint coach work at the when he ain't in the gym.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, like, I've seen some crazy crazy now me. I would also like I would lay my outfit on the floor. I stole that from the I would lay my whole outfit jersey, pants, socks, him, clicks him, mowam, helmet, whatever, wristband.
Speaker 2: So I would make this.
Speaker 4: Floor mannequin, okay, cause you know you look good, feel good, play no doubt, it's all about it. So I would make this floor mannique, and I rearrange stuff until it gets right. I let it sit there, go shower, come back, throw it on like now.
Speaker 2: I ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready to pay some bills for guess what I love spending money. The Good Live Podcast is brought to you by Bet three six five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet three six five app. Craft your own personalized betslips with Parla's excess thousands of games with live screaming. Place your bet before the match, doing the game's up to you. Download Bet three sixty five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called texts one eight hundred gambler. That's the way to get it done. M waa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of any place, anywhere in the world, and in the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dullis International Airport. Let your imagination sore. Book your adventure today at flight Dullis dot com. Slash lun stop smooth as it gets Billy d every.
Speaker 2: Time by keep him away from your mama.
Speaker 3: So thanks skimming it stayskivving weak.
Speaker 1: Yes, And as we were walking in here, one of the first things I heard you say was I'm making that turn ducking sure.
Speaker 2: Ducking duck. Yeah. That you gotta speak it right.
Speaker 4: And it is a chicken inside of a duck that's inside of a turkey, served with six legs, two of beach dressing in between each layer of meat. It's gluttony as its finest. Like it's down south.
Speaker 2: Where I'm from, Mississippi, Louis Auta, and that's where it's from. Yep.
Speaker 4: That means you made it in life when you say anybody like, hey, y'all frying a turkey today, Like nah, we already fried the turkey, weeding tra duck, and.
Speaker 2: Baller, like.
Speaker 4: There's a hole you hear from, like somebody holler from, like the names. It's reducing. It's different and it's harder to make than people think it is. But you know, if you get it, I already bought, already processed, it becomes easier to to cook. And most people haven't even heard of a traducing and unless John Madden put them on like.
Speaker 2: With the traduct and getting the leg like that.
Speaker 4: But it's great, man, it's It's one of those things where I love to cut in it to see the layers, and that's what you really want. So if you like like the stuff in between. Yeah, so it's like a meat big mac. Okay, you know how big mac is laid layered, the t reducing is layered. And if you can get that perfect cut where you get that turkey, chicken and duck magical.
Speaker 3: Now on the flip side, if you're not a good cook, can you screw it up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You can screw it up right, it doesn't do well and share it.
Speaker 4: Always bake it by itself because it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Have a distinct taste and a distinct smell to it.
Speaker 4: And most people don't cook it long enough, so all three meats don't get cooked all the way through.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't beat fried. You can only bake it.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can only bake it. But when I say it's magical, it's matural.
Speaker 3: So I can tell just from hearing you speak your thanksgiving God, I am.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's family this family. That is fine is in Mississippi. That's what we do. We eat with family like this is what we do.
Speaker 4: So like, for instance, in my family, nobody has the whole burden of cooking thingsgiving dimmer. Right, everybody brings two three dishes. Actually, everybody brings almost a meat aside in a dessert.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So by time we at the Smooth House, we got like everything from prime real fried turkey, fried chicken, triduccin. Oh, you got roast peed, You got everything you can think of because everybody brings one of each.
Speaker 2: Okay, desserts. You know what I had? I just wanted dessert cook off in the building over here right now, did you?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this.
Speaker 4: Well one, you know, we got Jack Selby when I edited, he swept out. He was a great baker. So he challenged me to get out of my lane because you know I can make sweet potato pie for Lissippi. Well how about you do a pumpkin pie. I never touched punkin in my wife.
Speaker 2: Even my oven got mad when I put pumpkin in it, Like what are you doing? Have you changed?
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, challenge put it in there. So he made a sweet potato pie. And I made a pumpkin pie, and I maybe now putting the one up here.
Speaker 2: Wait, you made a pumpkin pie.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did.
Speaker 3: Wait, whoa, I thought I heard that incorrectly. You hate pumpkin.
Speaker 2: I hate pumpkin. But he challenged me.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh okay, he was like, check this out. He had a double bake. Let me see you make something that you never made.
Speaker 2: So I made it. And guess what when he seen my pie, he was like, your pie ugly?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: So I didn't have the cutest spot. It was my first time making punkin pie. But boy, that ugly pie taste so good. So I triumphed and and I won uped him and I beat him like at his own game, at his own game. That just shows at the end of the day, either you can cook or you can't.
Speaker 2: I'm a cooker.
Speaker 4: And if you challenge me to do anything, baking anything, I will expose your weaknesses. And his weakness was he overdid it? Oh, overdid it? He had like he made a sweet potato pie.
Speaker 3: When I walked by him, I will say his head was down just a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's because mine was hell high. Like the one thing you had to realize what people is. Two people can't hold their head up unless they married. Now, and I see when I walk past him.
Speaker 4: Now, that's why I give him grief every time, because he he did see he had it. He wasn't the guys too, because anytime I used to always getting the cookout with the offensive lineman like Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, I stayed in cookouts with you.
Speaker 2: Hey, at the end of the day, I enjoy it. I beat him, and now he wants to cook cake, so I beat him in that too.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite Thanksgiving side? If we were doing a draft right now, a draft before we go.
Speaker 2: To number one.
Speaker 4: It's all right, So everything besides meat is really considered a side, right, I agree?
Speaker 2: Dressing? Oh, I love not stuff.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not stuff, dressing, corn bread dress. I make some of the best, right. And I don't like the cranberry sauce with cranberries in it like a jelly.
Speaker 3: On the same way, I don't want the actual berries.
Speaker 2: I don't want the no, no, give that to the pilgrims.
Speaker 4: I want JAILI I listen to me, dressing to me, especially when I make that ghiblick white gravy two to put on it.
Speaker 2: Dressing to me is a is a meal in itself.
Speaker 3: Like I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: I could just take dressing and nothing else.
Speaker 3: I crushed him dressing.
Speaker 2: I literally cook dressing like ten times a year. Anyway, do you really? I love it.
Speaker 3: I also say this, you can really screw up dressing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you you can by screwing up the corn bread. And most people do this.
Speaker 4: Most people make the corn bread, take it out, and then go right into making a dress. You gotta let the corn bread cool all the way down into it hard and they're like two there's like two three hours. Yeah, Like that's what people get them on. They take that hot corn bread, mess it up and try to make it not a corn bread, I mean, not a dressing flat.
Speaker 2: Ok, gotta let it dry out. It's similar to stuffing.
Speaker 4: Stuffing is just made from what crew toons and crackers and stuff all right where they dry, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So let your corn bread drive before you do your.
Speaker 3: Dress, before we pay the bills. You even though about doing a cooking show, Well, you know what, I'm serious.
Speaker 4: I do work their risk with a baby hand. I could be one of the best cuts anyway. You know, I could be the male polydne.
Speaker 1: Because you know what, it would be unexpected because you would be like, it's former NFL player is a great cook.
Speaker 2: But I know you love to cook. I need a passion for it. Some of these make that happen.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta realize. I used to cook for all my teammates on Thanksgiving. Oh really, you gotta realize you're gonna have a portion of the team that's married. Yep, they gonna do it with their family. Three fourths of the team ain't married with nowhere to go. So therefore, I used to have Thanksgiving party in my house where I cooked follow a single player. So every year, all the players spent their time on Thanksgiving in my house like this was every year. I even had Mary dude like now I'm coming, I'm coming through. So I was always that one that brought that team together like that. I always cooked for everybody, and they knew it. They expect it smoop your house. I'm like, yeah, man, I got you. So I would know how much I had to cook by how many teammates was coming over.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: That's what things is all about, it bringing people together. Yeah, you know what else brings people together?
Speaker 1: And tell me Honda, every one of the build the power of the CRV Hybrid and a Court Hybrid, Hannah's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport their most rugged sub ever.
Speaker 3: Or experience the thrilling performance.
Speaker 1: Of the fun to drive Honda Civic with an available if you want it toward charged engine, get power performance and rugginness with Honda. Find a Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. Finally you know the news.
Speaker 3: You know the drill I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Seat Geeking help me every time.
Speaker 1: The official sponsor of this pod, the official ticketing partner of the Commanders.
Speaker 3: It deals finalized, all right, They're a part.
Speaker 1: Of the family. Thanksgiving us for family it is. See Gek is part of our family. Whether you're buying your selling tickets to Commanders games or any other live event in the DMV, Seat Geek is the place to do it. The new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commander's fans can it is now?
Speaker 2: What was another tradition? Okay?
Speaker 4: On Thanksgiving was I've been playing on Thanksgiving my whole life felt like a MISSI mistate old miss Thanksgiving Yep. Washington Cowboys Thanksgiving never had the day off, right, that's true.
Speaker 2: So most of the time they make us.
Speaker 4: Fly to Dallas like they never want to play it here, right, we always going to Dallas on Thanksgiving. Well, I had two of my better mentors there. I had Dan Sanders yep and Mike er So every year, yeah, every year, me and Champ Bailey laying in Dallas. Time we get to the Hotel Cai out front, it's d un and Mike irvery coming to get me a chap. So we would go back to Prime House, okay in Dallas, and you want to talk about conversations at the table? Oh my god, Champ quiet, so he ain't gonna do nothing but listen, and the rest of us are loud as can be.
Speaker 3: I cannot even imagine listen.
Speaker 2: It is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: If we would sit around for three four hours just yappy in it up and it always in the same.
Speaker 2: Prime time Michael Irvy about who's the.
Speaker 3: Best, like we did that last year, felling every time.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm the playmaker, right, you could never stop. It was like it was on team and.
Speaker 4: I played your position and mine, so they'll just go back forth and back and I just laugh. And you know, the food was good. Prime like the cook too. Oh yeah, okay, Prime like the cook too. So the food was always good. So I always look forward to that. Yeah, everything, I mean every time I played the Cowboys and it wouldn't stop, like he would always come get us.
Speaker 2: So I always look forward to that.
Speaker 4: Now that when I think of Thanksgiving, Digg on my Thanksgiving table right there. But if I had to pick, okay, between celebrities in the world, okay, that I would want to spend Thanksgiving with, it's only one family. I want to spend Thanksgiving with the Wayne's family. I would want to go to the Wayne's house.
Speaker 2: Yes, Damon, Sean, all of them. You know what I know.
Speaker 4: One thing about Mama Wayan's already she knows how to cook. With twelve kids, you know how to cook?
Speaker 2: I forgot to. Oh yeah, so she knows how to cook. And I like to laugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'll be crying at the Wayne family Thanksgiving. I think I leave there tear Duck's dead face red, ready to get on the plane.
Speaker 2: Do we mention Damon? We didn't mention him.
Speaker 4: No, that we did, which is the funniest all of them. If you had to choose Jacobs, God, any celebrity, any family, you know a lot of people say jay Z and Biance.
Speaker 2: I think that'll be boring. Do you Thanksgiving with Like?
Speaker 4: I like funny people, but Thanksgiving is more of more talking, more more things.
Speaker 2: So the waynes be where I'm going, that's a good one. He would have to be.
Speaker 1: You know what if you could talk about if you want to hang around someone's fun. If you consider around like Chappelle because he's a family guy. Think about it, he's country, he's in Ohio.
Speaker 3: Yes, thinking about how much fun.
Speaker 2: That would go, that would be. That would be a hell of Thanksgiving because he probably has friends. He brings it. Fellow commedian, Oh my god, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So imagine sitting there with Dave Chappelle and Kit kit Willis, Oh my, just just there like this how I look at Thanksgiving. And that's why I chose the biggest family in Hollywood. Yeah, because it's about family. So I would most definitely love to do mine with the wings hands down, you.
Speaker 3: Spend a lot of Thanksgivings in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 4: I know you did, except for those dinners. I've been sayingth going from to Primes house. It was really nothing and you gotta realize. And all these boys were young then, yeah, young. So when I see them now, I'm like im.
Speaker 2: When you I'm like, wait. Deon Sanders has a son.
Speaker 1: He plays quarterback. Yeah, like Tim Hardaway Junior is another guy. It's like a junior. You see it all the time. I love Robt Harrison is another.
Speaker 4: I love seeing the second general ration pick up where they where their father's left off. Because it's not easy to walk in them shoes, especially when them shoes big like that. Like some kids and men tanning them have to talk all the time. Some kids don't want that smoke yep, they want to go live.
Speaker 2: Their own life. Dad did that. I ain't doing it right.
Speaker 4: But some say I want the challenge and the ones I love to see the ones say I want the challeg because I want out doing.
Speaker 2: I want to one up my dad. I want to set something up for my generation. I like those kids.
Speaker 3: What makes this rivalry as special as it is?
Speaker 1: I know that seems like a very easy question to ask, but I want to hear your perspective because you've been such a part of it, the storied.
Speaker 4: Tradition, to Joe Gibbs of it, the Bill Parcels of it, to Jimmy Johnson's of the Michael Irvans, the Darrell Greens, the Marco, the Marco Coleman, the it's the players, the people to be Mitches of the world, the Santana Mouses.
Speaker 2: Uh, It's just it's so hate right there.
Speaker 3: It's like even Tanna, he's no to this day as the cowboy Killer.
Speaker 2: And that's how easy you cannot be identified with that.
Speaker 4: Uh. It's the elites of versus the elites. It's Steve South versus the North. It's the uh America's team versus the team that actually in the city, the capitol, Nations capital.
Speaker 2: Is uh, we better, we better.
Speaker 4: It's especially in the past, it was y'all get a ring, we get a ring, y'all get So it was just so much to it, and I think putting it on Thanksgiving just was the icing on the cake. And I thought that the narrative was always there, Uh, no matter the players that was playing in it.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 4: My first one was probably Jeff George at quarterback. Oh wow, against Quincy Carter, who I picked off, thinking Quincy uh at the end of the day. So it's these it's these things where it's it's legit and you don't even have to be in the rivalry but a year and you're like, I hate them, Like.
Speaker 2: It's true because when.
Speaker 4: They walk out there with them silver pants on and their style and they hear him. I used to just look at Miles Austin and they just just walk around with this, with this, with this swag. We the lakers of the of the NFL. Y'all should be happy. We here they have Arrogancy and I couldn't stand it. I could not because it's like that bully. They're not also a bully. He actually the prittiest dude in screw too. So I punched him in his perfect eye. That's what I'm gonna do, the one perfect, the one out of this perfect. I want it.
Speaker 2: So it's it's some electric about it. It's it's uh.
Speaker 4: And I think it has a lot to do with the history and the people. That's a part of the history. So I have to say it's not for the people. Now, I think you don't get it when you in the box of the midst of the storm. I think you get it when you outside of the game or you're like you know what, yeah that is. That is because you look at rivalries and football, especially in the NFL. You got the Pittsburg Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know the Dallas and Washington is always up there. Uh you got the Eagles Dallas.
Speaker 2: So you know, so you know it's these games.
Speaker 4: But we got that game on that special day when the world is sitting at home, and that's how you become a household name. The world is sitting at home watching you. You two three plays away from people, never forgetting who you are. So I just think it's a special game on a special day while people spending time with their family. These memories are never forgotten. I talked to fans. They were like, yeah, we used to watch you every Thanksgiving, all right, So now I become part of your living room.
Speaker 3: The Thanksgiving experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I become part of your family, right because now as you.
Speaker 4: Get older, like they told me, man, when I was a teenager, I used to watch Thanksgiving with my ben.
Speaker 2: That's the time stamp in.
Speaker 4: They like, you become that time stamp, and I think that's what we forget in football, that even though we on that screen, we're steal a part of your living room organically.
Speaker 3: Last question, what do you want to see in this game?
Speaker 2: I want to see the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys get beat up. I want to see them get humiliated. I want to see them on national TV. I want to see they bubble get busted because I feel like they in that rim of when you think you're good, and you think you're better than you are, but you failed out the tests that really matter.
Speaker 2: For the nine Ers, black Eye.
Speaker 3: The the Eagles, Black Eye, Cardinals beat them.
Speaker 4: Blackyye, but then you go out and run the score up on the Giants and he who remains. I just think, at the end of the day, this is a game we asked win. We always play up.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. That's true. We're known to hate.
Speaker 4: See when you get into this time of year and some guys high riding front ride and then you right there, all you got on your mind is hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. I'm talking about Silkie Johnston. I'm talking about hate at its highest level. The only way I can really hate on you is to knock you off your high House. Well, what better day to do it then Thanksgiving, because then it scars them Dallas fans even more because they do this every year where the beginning of the year they going to the Super Bowl, but as the year goes to the end of.
Speaker 2: It, they just fall a party crack I'm talking about. They just shatter, right.
Speaker 4: But it always starts with one game, and it's usually us on Thanksgiving. So if we can do this and give the DMV and all of the Washington fans around the world, it's one present, this one present. Just beat Dallas, all right, give them that. Let them hold their head up high. Let them go out for the Turkey Bowl.
Speaker 2: Did you play any Turkeys? I did not. You look like you didn't. I did.
Speaker 4: Every year Thanksgiving. That's what we do in the hood. We play in the Turkey Bowl. One Thanksgiving, my father said he was gonna.
Speaker 2: Play to preach a man.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you meant in a real like college football.
Speaker 2: I was like, like, no, just pick up. Oh yeah, yeah, yea. So my daddy came out and played. I broke his arm You broke your father's arm YEP for actually on purpose out Let him know, got him, got him Get up I love you that.
Speaker 3: I'm just that's the baking chicken.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views for positions of the Washington Commanders for any of their representatives