Speaker 1: Predictably.
Speaker 2: You know, I had to get into some NFL talk because there's a lot of NFL action that took place this weekend. And who better to get into it with than my man, the one and only Chris Carter only did was catch touchdowns, the Hall of Fame wide receiver.
Speaker 1: What's going on, big time? How are you man? How's everything all good?
Speaker 3: Bron How you doing? You got your studious time.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna bring up or I'm not gonna bring up Ohio State because I want to wait till next week. They don't play until next Monday, so I'm just gonna I'm gonna wait to press you about that. I know you're feeling it. I know you're feeling it right now.
Speaker 1: And that's cool. Let's see what they do, all right.
Speaker 2: But we'll get into that another time and we'll get into Minnesota your vikings in the NFL in just a few minutes.
Speaker 1: But first things first.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about what you saw this weekend and what has you most excited about these playoffs?
Speaker 3: Man? Just the overall physicality, and I do believe it. It's wide open, like the margin between who's gonna be the best and a team like Washington. The Commanders with Jade and Daniels like that margin. It is really fin better than we've seen in years. So is Philadelphia talented, yes, but a number of injuries and some other issues. Detroit are they talented? Yes? Kansas City, who will we see in the playoffs? We know decisive home field advantage. I heard Taylor Swift is at least going to be at the divisional rounds, so they're almost undefeated with her in attendance. So there's so much. It's such a great storyline, but none of it you can predict.
Speaker 2: Did you find yourself disappointed in the Philadelphia Eagles yesterday?
Speaker 1: Offensively?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 1: Did you find yourself disappointed in what you saw against Green Bay?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not going to say disappointed, but I was concerned when you missed two or three weeks of practice coming down the stretch and you don't have that continuity and they have had times where their passing games has been average to bad. So now you missed that time. And this is not something that you know. Jayden is not a natural throw of the football of like the great quarterbacks that we've had plays in the NFL now and the ones of the path. So when you missed two weeks of practice time because of getcussion, you're not in your normal schedule. Yes, I could see their passing game being all especially with the inconsistent way their passing game was during the regular season.
Speaker 2: What did you think about AJ Brown being seen on the sidelines with reading the book.
Speaker 1: What did you think about that? I mean it was a motivation.
Speaker 2: I thought he was doing it to keep his cool because he was so disgusted about being talking to just three times to catch you one pass but ten yards. I think I think he's just meditated trying to keep himself cool. But what did you make of all of that?
Speaker 3: Very very wide receiver Ish and AJ Brown. The more he plays, the more diva wise of things the receiver, things that he starts to add to his repertoire. You know, he is a great player, but I do believe there are a number of issues he personally has with the quarterback. And when you open up a book like that compared to opening up a conversation and communicating, that's just another sign that what they have in Philadelphia it should be very very.
Speaker 2: Frag I know you've seen some great things over their careers thus far. In Jordan Love's case in the regular season, in the postseason, and Justin Herbert just a regular season.
Speaker 1: But what are you to make of what you saw of their performances this weekend?
Speaker 2: I mean, Jordan Loved three interceptions, Justin Herbert four in exceptions. He threw three interceptions the entire regular season, and through four interceptions over thirty two and thirty two pass attempts yesterday. I mean, you know, Saday, what the hell is going on with them?
Speaker 3: On and off the field? Man, You are judged based on what do you do under the worst of conditions, Like how do you respond and when you have the responsibility of taking care of that football and you throw the football in arms way now, and Jordan's Love has done this more and so than Herbert. But when you have the worst game of your career statistically, you know all these things, they should be criticized, Like we criticize the quarterbacks a lot in the playoffs because they're the only player touching the ball all the time. Now, yet can that be aided by injuries? Can that be aided by drop passes? Yes? But when we give them all the credit because we give them a big contract, we should be criticized in these two quarterbacks. You know Jim Harball is not expecting that from his quarterback. Uber talented, the way he is conservative, the way Harball is that is not a championship match right there. I do expect him to match now to repair that next season, because he had a great regular season only throwing three interceptions or yesterday. But Jordan Love, he is more of a gamble like he's going to throw the ball in arms, way more so than the other quarterbacks compared. I believe in protecting the football. When you protect the football, you protect the franchise, protect the franchise, you protect my job.
Speaker 2: When you saw Buffalo blow out Denver in the second half and you saw Baltimore blow out the Steelers in the first half, don't get me started with that. I came into the weekend thinking Buffalo is gonna take Baltimore out when they meet in a divisional playoff round. Now I'm not so sure. Based on me watching Buffalo, I know they want. They had a strong second halbit. You get the Redison five times, only convert once. I think you need more. You gotta have forty one to eighteen advantage and time of possession. That's not gonna happen against Baltimore next week. How are you feeling about that encounter that's coming up?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is an epic battle right here. I mean, guess all the pressure is on these quarterbacks, not only the franchises, but on these quarterbacks to build how far can they advance in the Patrick Mahomes era? And who's gonna be abd knock Patrick Mahomes off off the throne. But there's a tremendous amount of pressure, man deump. I mean this Geame, though, is I can't believe we're debating over the MVP because the way that Baltimore has played as a team, where would they be without Lamar Jackson? I mean, when you have the type of numbers that these has, these thirteen more touchdowns than Josh Allen, four hundred more yards, I get that sect.
Speaker 2: Let me interrupt, Let me interrupt, Let me interrupt, And I'm gonna tell you why. I'm gonna tell you why. It's debatable, all right, because even with Lamar Jackson's great numbers, you came into the season with expectations for him in Baltimore. Light of the fact that you're still Baltimore. You acquired Derek Henry. In Buffalo's case, there's no Stefan Diggs, there's no Gave Davis, and you look at him losing his two primary weapons, and plus McDermott was on a hot seat and wholesale changes were made on.
Speaker 1: The defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: A lot of people didn't expect Buffalo to have a great season, let alone be the number two overall seed.
Speaker 1: That would be the reason for the debate.
Speaker 3: SEC Okay, no problem, we can have that conversation. But let me tell you something. He didn't play better than me every year we got circumstances. I've been MVP twice. I'm having an epic season, not only based on my standards, but based on NFL standards. But he still didn't play better than me. This is like the great quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers them. They have put the standard so high and then someone comes maybe close to it, and we're like, oh, he's the MVP, But he didn't play better than Lamar. Lamar had the best season. Did he have a surprising season, Yes, Now that's a different conversation. But did he have the MVP best season of any quarterback? No, he did not, So that will be the conversation that I will continue expectations based on know what actually happened. So now we're giving him MVP because we didn't have expectations. Joe Burrow had an MVP type season final season, but we're not giving him the MVP.
Speaker 2: No, that's because they're not they But no matter you're your argument is profound. I gotta give it to you. Right about Lamar Jackson, You're right about Lamar Jackson. Let's stay with Baltimore and Pittsburgh in this regard. Now that Pittsburgh has lost Mike Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since twenty and sixteen. Uh, they're one and done at least five times. You know, you got people speculating about a lot of different things. The Steelers obviously ain't gonna make changes. They don't fire coaches. They've never fired a coach. What are your thoughts about Mike Tomlin six straight postseason losses? And by the way, I mean, you know, they just don't score as well when you consider what's been transpiring. What do you do if you're the Pittsburgh Steelers when it comes to Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 3: CC in the modern salary camp era, the Pittsburgh Steelers system does not work. Bro. Like, you cannot say I'm not gonna participate in free agency all the money that you're making as a family. Your philosophy is obsolete. Oh, I'm gonna only sign a couple of the players that I draft to their second or third contract. See, Mike Tomlin's been battling that. No one even talks about that ever. Of the economics of it. I mean, he is at a decisive disadvantage than people like Baltimore, Kansas City. Like, these people are spending bread man to get guys that come play for their team. All right. Not only do they have a franchise quarterback, they got people. I mean they are going out of their way to make them highest paid at their position. Man, So you know how many concessions do you want players to make to come to Pittsburgh where I can go somewhere else and get paid. So we're gonna start talking about Mike Tomlin, and we're gonna start talking about it in the right name. This should really be about, man, is he limited there in Pittsburgh? Would he be a better coach somewhere else where? They were spending up to the coward recap and they were participating free agency. And also imagine Mike Tomlin recruitment. Now he can get the kind of dudes that he wants to get. Oh, now that's a different conversation. So Pittsburgh, be careful, don't step on yourself because you run a program that Mike Tomlin's familiar with, and that program can only get you first round, a divisional round, maybe in the second round, but it is not going to get you with the elite teams because everyone is spending money.
Speaker 2: Now, Chicago's in the market for head coach New Orleans, the.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys, Mike McCarthy, he's gone.
Speaker 2: He's going now because him and and Jerry Jones couldn't reach an accord on a contract extension. What would be the best place for Mike Tomlin. And who should want Mike Tomlin more than anybody?
Speaker 3: Well, Mike Tomlin going to Chicago as a game changer. Not only are you going to get the benefit of what he coaches on the defensive side, but you you got a sure superstar and cayleb Win at the quarterback. And I can guarantee you when Mike Tomlin gets him a quarterback, just like when he had with Ben Roethlisberger, even though they weren't spending up to the cap like other teams. The Chicago Bears are ready for a quick turnaround if they don't get Mike Tomlin, get someone like Ben Johnson, someone that can affect that offense. I mean way Ben Johnson calls slave, he's the I remember when Mike Mark used to call the plays, and with the Rams, I'm like, my god, I've never seen that play before. I mean, the way they throw the ball, the way they attack the defense. So I do believe Mike Tomlin would be a great fitting in Chicago. I believe Mike Tomlin would be a great fit with the Dallas Calgarys. Why because he understands hierarchy. And I do believe that Jerry Jones having someone like Mike Tomlin, he wouldn't give away some of that power because he knows there's no redeal. Mike Tomlin's ready to go now. And I'm sure man that locker room would respond to Mike Tomlin being named. So Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, I mean, any team that's got aspirations of trying to get their team in the Super Bowl the next three years. Mike Tomlin. They should be calling Pittsburgh trying to work out of trade.
Speaker 2: Last question for you, the Los Angeles Rams in Scottsdale, Arizona because the game was moved from LA due to the wildfires. Uh, they're going to there hosting a playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings tonight. You saw what happy to you, boy, Sam Donald last week? As I told you, I told you that was coming. I mean, I tried to break it to you. I tried to break it.
Speaker 3: He went up. You told me that in week number four, So you were wrong in week five.
Speaker 1: I don't recall it.
Speaker 3: Six, I don't recall seven to that week you got talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you talking about. Man, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But I know what I saw against the Detroit Lions last week. And now he goes into the playoffs fresh off getting his ass kicked. What do you expect for the Minnesota Vikings against Los Angeles tonight?
Speaker 3: Man? This is a contract changing game because if he's able to win this game in Arizona, and God bless the Rams, man, God bless their families and what they're going through out there horrific. While I mean It's hard to concentrate on a football game when life is really you know, get throwing you a really a set of unfortunate circumstances that we've never seen in our life. But this right here, it came with Sam Donald. It changes well, how the Vikings attacking JJ McCarthy, it attacks. It makes a statement of do they franchise him? Do they sign him to a multi year deal, because if he's able to win this game, you can't deny the Vikings got to be able to bring him back. And the only way that you can execute the ghosts that you have while you pass is by winning. He was shaky last week, but any quarterback can be shake the way Dee Trot was claned, the way the way that they had them moving on.
Speaker 1: Thirteen guys on the engine. Listen to the defensive side.
Speaker 3: Of the ball. Man. They that they played the hell of the game. They brought it to my Bikings. I respect that, But now it's the playoffs and now all that can be rectified in Arizona against the Rams.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna beat the Rams? Rams have been looking pretty good.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we're gonna throw it. Man. We gotta get JJ. Man. You saw what happened last week. JJ, JJ is getting ready to have one fifty. All right, defense turned it all over. J.
Speaker 1: Don't you just said.
Speaker 3: One fifty in Arizona against the Rams the night? All right, the night.
Speaker 2: Very emotional sounds, very emotional, sounds, very emotional, Chriscott, I'm gonna let you go, but expect the text from me tonight. Expect the text for me tonight. I'll be watching the game virtually with you, brother. You know what I'm saying, saying some living whatever the hell the word is, I'm gonna be watching it with you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna because ain't no way, I can't well, I shouldn't say that, because this is justin Jefferson. We talk about here. Anything is possible, anything possible.
Speaker 2: Hollot you later, My brother, appreciate you one only Chris Carter right here with Stephen A over the digital airwaves of YouTube and of course I Heeart Radio.
Speaker 3: H