Speaker 1: I am all in, bless you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast, one of them productions iHeartRadio, iHeart Media, iHeart podcasts. Uh. Season six, Episode eight, Let me hear your Bala lakes ringing out and we have our intrepid crew. Suzanne French, the newly minted Queen Tara Suit is back yes and her travels, and Amy Sugarman has arrived with Bells on with informations that could make everybody tremendously happy.
Speaker 2: I almost couldn't sleep last night. Okay, I'm so excited about this episode. Why so, I've always tried to remember when I met you because it was during Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: You met me, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: During Gilmore Girls. So I've always known that, right, I've always known we met during the era of Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: We didn't meet the on the bec Antilly podcast.
Speaker 2: No, we met before that. We met during when you were on gilmourg Girls, because you came over to iHeart and you did an interview with Valentine. So I can remember that on Kiss FM, okay, but I couldn't figure out the other time I had met you. I was like, I know it existed. I also knew I had been to the set of Gilmore Girls, but I was like, why was I there? And I thought it was because there was a party ones that you might remember on the lot, one of those like season premiere, and we convinced our tram driver you had to take the tram into the party. And we convinced our tram driver. And I think he got in trouble to go through the Gilmore Girls set on our way out.
Speaker 1: I thought, I thought because it was because it.
Speaker 2: Was he like went off roading basically, so I thought that must have been when I went to the set. But I had this weird memory, and this is like so ridiculous that I couldn't remember this until last night. I had this weird memory. But I've been to Emily and Richards. I've been to Emily and Richards. But I just thought, maybe I'm just crazy. I was watching the episode last night and.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, you remember there's a.
Speaker 2: Scene, and everything came flooding back to me. So what your what you're Let's do the synopsis? Like I'm over the I can't I'm freaking out.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so, so, so you want a synopsis now before you reveal this information?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, what year it was? What year it was?
Speaker 1: And who's norm and Tara? This is on you, Suzanne, Suzanne, so I guess now, I'm all I'm all a Twitter. Please take us away with your synopsisizations all right?
Speaker 3: Season six, episode eight, Let me hear your bala laka's ringing out. This aired November eighth, which actually is today's date, two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Enemy's going crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, realized.
Speaker 1: Soeenth anniversary? Right, it is good.
Speaker 3: Rory is pleasantly surprised when her ex boyfriend Jess appears at her grandparents house and reveals he wrote a book. Rory agrees to go to dinner with Jess, and when Logan unexpectedly joins them, and ugly confrontation develops, leaving both Rory and Logan to face the choices they have made. Emily is concerned about Rory's sudden evasiveness and tries to exert some parental discipline. Meanwhile, Luke agrees to sponsor a local girls soccer team, and lorel I channels all her concerns about Rory into caring for her dog.
Speaker 1: Paul Anka Amy, The floor is yours.
Speaker 2: First of all, Kenny Ortega directed this episode.
Speaker 1: Did you say that? No? I did not say that. You just said that.
Speaker 2: So okay. So I texted you all last night a picture of a scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you see it? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, Scott, look at your phone, go into the I am all in group text.
Speaker 1: I know. Let me get there.
Speaker 3: Now. This isn't fair because I'm not on the group text.
Speaker 2: Oh you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a wait. The two guys in the background, the other radio guys or something, right, right, they're big, they're big, huge radio guys. I remember these guys.
Speaker 2: I was there. Oh nope, I was on the set when they filmed that.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you were handling these guys, because they're under the auspices. That's hysterical.
Speaker 2: First of all, Scott, were you with not always the perfect memory? You fully remembered it? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I saw these pictures last time, and they said, and I looked at the first one, I go, what the hell's this? And then I looked at the second one. Oh it's it's the two big shot radio guys. So at the time, right.
Speaker 2: And they loved you. You totally were in the scene. I think James Pettitt set it up. So when we get to that scene, I'll give you more details and then the surprise can happen. But this is also so right around this time is when I met Matt Zukrie for the first time. Because these radio guys were obsessed with Gilmore girls. We loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Yeah, so who are they? Who?
Speaker 4: Who are so they were?
Speaker 2: So they're there. It's crazy too because it all comes around to podcasting. So those two guys are named Jack and Stretch, right, and they were on Star ninety eight point seven in Los Angeles and they were big morning show guys, right, yes, huge, crazily in a crazy turn. If you Wikipedia podcasting, they are in the Wikipedia as some of the first most original podcasters.
Speaker 5: Really and here we are the circle moment and I now know it was so memories are so crazy because it was like so splotchy and then I saw this and I was like, oh my, oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, So did you call them course and I are they coming on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we're going to have or both of them and they remember it better because obviously if you were the one that was the background actor, you're going to have a better memory than me, who was like just taking people to do this kind of you know all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh man, they're going to give some huge behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: If you rewatched the scene, they're pretty good. I'm pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember them as being expert extras. It's it's not an easy thing to do.
Speaker 2: And they were really really good. And you were amazing, so amazing because obviously, like I think you were in on it, right, like either Pettitt had asked you or you had come on the show.
Speaker 1: No, they asked my permission exactly. I had to approve it because it was my sort of day on my day there in the diner, and and you did like with James, it's like, you know, Jay, I'll say yes to James for anything. I mean, I love the guy, right, so that's going to be a hard Yes.
Speaker 2: You were so rad, so rad. And this is either the first time we met or the second time we met, I can't remember. Then we didn't see each other again for like a decade and look at us now.
Speaker 4: Is that so crazy?
Speaker 1: Eighteen year aniversary and they're back stack and stretch. How at you with their own episode?
Speaker 2: I love that you remember it too.
Speaker 1: I do I remember it very well. I remember it very well because they were first times I felt like I had any kind of power at all on that set. I got to decide if they could come on and do that thing, and I said.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, so rat And that was why and how I have been to Richard and Emily's because what happened was, you guys were shooting over there, and there was this woman, Jamie White, who was also on the air with them, and I think either she came or a couple of iHeart people, And I don't even know if we were called iHeart, we might have still been.
Speaker 4: Clear clear channel.
Speaker 2: We were still clear channel. And we were there and James took us around the set that wasn't being used well you know, because you're shooting for a long time. Like it was fun to watch for about nine minutes and then we were like and James took us around. It's so crazy. I couldn't remember this until I saw it, and then I was.
Speaker 4: Like, wait, did you go into the house or like the driveway?
Speaker 2: No, it's it was a set. So we were in of the Gilmours because it was a set.
Speaker 1: On the lot, right, which which one the gil Yeah, Richard sound It was on a sound stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, so we went onto that sound stage and we fully were in their house.
Speaker 4: It was just so cool a bite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we had like three sound stages dedicated to our show. That's that's a lot of rent to pay Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yes, you did, because we walked because because obviously the shoot and it was night. I remember it being night and pulling my car on like I got to park close kind of like I remember being like kind of special, right, And that was either the first or second time we met, So we had either met before that when you did a different interview at the iHeart or you came on right after. So that's fuzzy.
Speaker 1: But so what you know is it? You know, just you know a side car note, sidebar on the world of sound stages over at Warner Brothers. It's like this, It's like these It's a city of sound stages with street names and corners and neighborhoods, and there are all these massive sound stages and you could be coming out of your Gilmour sound stage and the next sound stage over is Drew Carrey. So you can walk to lunch and say hey Drew, and then keep walking, and then the other sense. The sound stage across the street is Ocean's eleven. He said, Hi George, Hi Brad, you know. And then you keep going and you're seeing all these people and it's all of these different shows and movies working simultaneously.
Speaker 2: It is a Wild and Friends and the Ellen Degenerous Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I never got close to that stage.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the Lauren did that a lot.
Speaker 4: Ellen came to Warner Brothers like halfway through.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: She wasn't on Warner Brothers a lot at first?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I remember I was. I watched it. It was always on TV, like after school, and I remember there was like a big moment where she was moving to Warner Brothers. I just don't know what that would be.
Speaker 2: Were you in two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: I was thirteen.
Speaker 2: And I were just working away doing basically.
Speaker 1: What we're doing now. I was forty five seven.
Speaker 2: Trade either way, I know, we'll get into it, Bravo. This was an amazing I literally wrote in my notes, I love lu so much.
Speaker 4: I don't like a good episode.
Speaker 1: It's a good episode for Lukie. Oh yeah, beyond, let's get into it. Let's let's get into it.
Speaker 4: You know that I'll get I'll get to it. But you know there's a viral TikTok sound from this episode going around right now, right?
Speaker 1: What's the sound?
Speaker 4: Also when we get there, I don't want to jump to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, this is an iconic episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically, yeah, this speech, there's so there's this.
Speaker 2: Look, this is a ten out of ten. This is a hundred out of ten.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, Hold your horses here, partner, Hang on a second. I know you're excited.
Speaker 2: I got to let you rate the episode last week. A lot of people, Yeah, a lot of people let us know that we all rated it, and we're like, bye.
Speaker 1: No, I gave it a four. I thought four. Oh no, no, no, the perfect episode, the one I loved so much. Yeah, I gave it a ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, okay, good, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know I did rate it. I did rate it unless you edited me out. What's going on? What's happening? Power play? What's going on? Plia?
Speaker 2: Did you guys? I mean, right from the start you see that Milo is a guest stime.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, with the with the recap part, like, yeah, yeah, what do you think of this episode?
Speaker 1: I like a lot of it. Some of it I thought was a little off for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what parts were off other than the paint. The paint I could have done without.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind the paint. I didn't think it was hugely funny, but it was pretty funny, you know. I think I wanted to see the Death and Light Brigade in a better light. And I putting them in a rath scaler listening to a folk singer and throwing stuff at her I thought was not wise. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: They didn't like that, and they and it was kind of a dead scene. They were just sort of sitting there all bored and it's just not like them. And then they were so drunk they couldn't walk, and it was just it was just a little over the top for me.
Speaker 2: You know, it made them look like a bleeps. Ass please you really did it?
Speaker 3: Really were though, I mean, they looked like that in a lot of EPISO.
Speaker 2: This was their lowest moment for me.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: I think when they're being a bleeps in other situations, at least they're you're chuckling a little bit and they're having some fun, you know, and it's a it's a lively scene. This was just kind of dead flat these guys, you know, nobody likes them. They're not being likable at all, and it was just sort.
Speaker 2: Of throwing stuff at the was rude. And then like, I love the scene between Logan and Rory. I think it's an incredible scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing, he's so good, He's.
Speaker 2: So good, both amazing. But he looks like a big but jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like every his character kind of really got destroyed there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it was the first time that, like, because they're supposed to be like the rich kids, the popular ones, and I think we've all we've always liked them so much, and it was the first time that now us as an audience really don't like them because I think that for people who go to Yale, they didn't want to hang out with them, like they're like the cool kids were jerks, but like they've always seemed somewhat charming in our eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really accurate, Tara.
Speaker 1: Right, right, And uh yeah, I thought it was unfortunate that they made it so easy for us to hate them and so eat for us to welcome almost forgive Rory for I mean, I don't she I don't know if she was cheating. You can't. You can't say she was cheating on on Logan? Right, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Awkward though, but I only didn't feel right.
Speaker 1: So what is the appropriate Let's take a pall, what's the appropriateness of that? She? You know, he's in her bedroom, She's dating this guy, she's in love with Logan. They're having this relationship, but he you know, ultimately Milo snaps her out of it at the end. Yeah, but just given that, you know, Milo got so deep so fast after being away for so long as a changed person, was it appropriate that she was going out to dinner with him when Logan was out of town? How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 3: I didn't have a problem with that. I don't think that they were acting inappropriately. They were two you know, friends that hadn't seen each other in a long time, and they were just going out to dinner. Like, I didn't feel like there was anything romantic or anything going on there. So I didn't have an issue with that.
Speaker 1: But they had they had dated and they were very serious though at one time.
Speaker 3: Well years ago, I mean, they still I felt kind.
Speaker 2: Of okay about it. Actually, the bedroom scene didn't bother me as much as I felt bad for Logan. I actually felt bad for Logan when he pulled up.
Speaker 3: It made me.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, you guys, he's her boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Well, so here's here's my thing.
Speaker 2: Basically going on.
Speaker 3: She's never allowed to talk to anyone she's ever dated. No, she totally is Logan to mark his territory. I didn't. I didn't like Logan at all.
Speaker 1: Communication between Rory and Logan about what they're doing that night, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rory could have just texted Logan.
Speaker 3: I mean it was it was what Rory and just were doing was innocent and and Logan.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it wasn't. I'm just saying that. You know, couples that are coupled up and loved up like that, you know, they'll text each to hey, tonight, I'm going out with an old Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would have done that.
Speaker 1: Woun Yeah, So for me, call me and you know, like be respectful. Right, Yeah, I don't know. If I don't know if Logan is returning that favor. Is is Logan in a committ Is he committed to Rory now they are? Yeah, they're in a committed relationship. And they're both adults, right, and you know, so yeah, I thought that.
Speaker 4: So for me, I I didn't think it was appropriate to go up to the bedroom because also Emily's in the next room, so why why wouldn't you just talk downstairs? Like that was the one question. That was the one thing that flagged me. And then if he shows up like Rory, Also, Logan's drunk, so she's not going to call him in that moment. And I think she should have been like, hey, like this happened last night, but she agreed to the dinner the next night, so I think she should have told Logan like, hey, my old friend who happened to be my best my ex boyfriend is in town. I'm going to dinner with him. I wanted to let you know. But I also don't think the way that Logan acted it was appropriate. So it's kind of like like, listen, I know he's mad, but he was just being a jerk, it was.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is, uh, you know he was blindsided, right, he was absolutely blindsided. He was completely blindsided by that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's agree.
Speaker 1: It's hard for a hearty, young dude to be gracious and cool in that situation when you're that in love with somebody, it feels like a massive betrayal, so you sort of go into a state of shock. I have no experience here. I just people have told me what it's like. I rest, but it's it's I don't see the humor in that amy, I don't are you implying that I'm lying?
Speaker 4: Also, was the last time that they saw each other when he was the last time they saw each other when he tried to like go to the dorm and get back together.
Speaker 3: Was that I feel like it was like, yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: His mom's wedding, but like the way that I guess for me and again like I'm I'm team Jess. I always have been, so like this episode was like the best episode for this season for me. But I kind of was like she was just so happy as if like everything that happened in the past just like went away, which I understand, but she was a little like too welcoming. And then I kind of think like maybe she needed that because her life is just in shambles at the moment and she doesn't know what's happening, so she needed that comfort. But the way she's like yeah, come on in, or like yeah, I'll go to dinner with you tomorrow night. I'm like, did you forget that you let this guy down?
Speaker 1: Right? Did you think he was being Jess was being a little stalkersh Nope, No, like getting like getting the address from Luke and then just sort of like no, coming through the gate and here I am, and what if she wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I thought the gate thing was a little weird because they had just closed down the bar. It's what like two o'clock in the morning, and he's like, yeah, skulking outside the gate in the.
Speaker 4: Middle, so it's three it's three am. Basically, Yeah, that was odd.
Speaker 2: I just thought everything about Jess in this episode was amazing. I'm like, this guy is a good total. He's got his sleep, he's got his bleep together, he's got.
Speaker 1: Let's put a pin in this discussion, and let's start from the beginning. Amy, take us from scene one or you know, we're twenty minutes into the podcast. Let's start.
Speaker 2: So we're at Loreleized house and the whole painting situation is happening, and paul Anka's got some stuff going on with the shoes, right, So like my immediate question was, like, what's going on with paul Anka.
Speaker 3: That was Yeah, that was my red flag on the whole episode because it's like a.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought it was kind of a nice, cute, little opening scene between Luke and Laurel I, and it wasn't it wasn't fall over funny, but it was humorous. They were chuckles and it was very relationshippy and comfortable they are, and they're planning their lives and they're doing it together, and of course Luke's going to be a little frustrated and picks up the shoes, he puts them down, you know, it gets a beer. I thought I thought it was a nice opening. Yeah, it was all good, nice opening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was a cute scene. The whole subplot of the shoes and paul Anka I didn't enjoy, But that's the payoff was Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like it either. You're right, Susanna. It was sort of like same thing I would feel about the paint, but the payoff at the end of realizing she's not even talking about paul Anka, She's talking about Rory. Paul Anka was at Rory's door.
Speaker 1: And jumped to the end.
Speaker 2: And I give it a ten shortest episode, so I my problem was so the next scene I got a little distracted. We go into the diner because immediately that's when I see Milo's name, which obviously I knew it was coming because he was in the recap, and Kenny Ortega's, so all of a sudden, I was like, oh, yeah, I am so stoked right now. But this is where we get the soccer thing. So the kids come up to the counter, mister Megan.
Speaker 4: I was so cute.
Speaker 1: Those little actresses were really good too. Yeah, they were really good. They were cute. It was really a charming little scene.
Speaker 2: And even though they're like vultures, those soccer girls, they were all great actresses. They were all great, terrific. They're terrific, and I love I just love the cuteness of it. I love the I love the whole thing, right, like, really cute.
Speaker 1: Very Gilmour, very stars holloween. Good way to soften Luke, you know, get them a little happy. I like how they do. That reminds me that that picture of of Luke sitting on the bench desponding and then the three little ballerinas next to him. Yeah, that iconic photo. Yeah, really kind of says it all.
Speaker 2: So then we get Rory and Logan on the phone, and we know that he's got to do something with his dad, and like we get the vibe of.
Speaker 4: Like, oh yeah, which.
Speaker 2: Becomes important. I think there's a lot of importan to that later on, and we get the vibe that, like things are not going great for Rory right, Like she's sort of just being followed by Emily at all times, and we kind of, you know, he says, look.
Speaker 1: That was uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Very I don't think Emily is not good in this.
Speaker 1: Episode, but but it's but it's like here we have, uh, Rory who's dropped out. You know, they're they're giving her a place to stay, you know, they're giving her a livelihood, a job, a chance to you know, do the daar thing. And maybe it's not her life work, but at least they're keeping her busy and keeping her circulated and keeping her out there. And then there's all this tension between these two and Rory doesn't want to look at her, she doesn't want to turn around.
Speaker 2: That was weird too, am I.
Speaker 1: You're just a pain in my button eye rolling, and I'm just really late. I got to get away from you because you're such a a pain in my ass, and just it's like that's not how I want to see this relationship.
Speaker 2: And that's not how they are. Like Emily way over the top and Rory's being a brat, like real, like they come on, you literally got arrested for stealing a freaking yacht. You suddenly want to drop out of school. You're not speaking to your mother. These people saved your ass.
Speaker 1: And you all look, I can't judge her on the yacht thing. I'm all for. I'm pro yacht theft. I've sailed with other sailors and protest against the yachting theft laws.
Speaker 2: Yachts are just for taking. So I get that Emily has become very overbearing as soon as they realize like she's having sex because they don't want her to get pregnant, so they've lost their minds, right, and they're so overbearing, and she's just nuts. Rory is obviously getting irritated by it. But she's so rude and like that's her grandmother.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: I think kind of her privilege and the privilege of her peers is like rubbing off on her a bit, like she got it so easy, like she stole the yacht, and now she's living in basically a mansion, not going to school, doing whatever she wants. And she even says, I'm twenty one. I can go wherever I want. You know, you can't ground me. So yeah, it's a bit of I think. I think the privilege of Logan and her peers are rubbing off on her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she talks about how to stage's party all the time, like that's all they do now is just drink and party, and that seems I think, really shows how she's she's starting to have doubts though about was it a good idea to move in here with my grandparents because now the you know, the novelty's wearing off, it's starting to get a little harder. And so then when I don't want to get too far ahead, But then when Jess comes along, he really kind of pushes her over that cliff and she really sees, okay, wait is really going on here? But you can start to see a chink in that armor in that scene with with Emily.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, I think maybe. And obviously the writing staff said, let's show, let's portray Rory in this episode in as dark a light as we can possibly show her so that the just scene shaming her out of that light and back into the light will have impact. So it's like at her lowest point at.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, you needed that contract a bit.
Speaker 1: It's a little force to me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's the only thing.
Speaker 2: When y'all were talking. It's interesting because what came to my mind is like I was very judging of Logan in this episode, and he's like a big a bleep. Rory's a bleep to to her grandmother and just like yuck, like what and you're right kind of bringing up just how privileged these people all are.
Speaker 1: And it's like, you know, hard to sympathize with them in their plight, you know, it's it's.
Speaker 2: It's like, get your bleep together. When he's going to school, Logan stopp being a big baby, tell your dad you don't want to like.
Speaker 1: Right right, yes, God, get tough and get back in the fight.
Speaker 2: And Logan was so like that to Rory, right, Like he's very sort of inspiring to her, and he's kind of like basically to what we'll get there, but he's like, I accepted your decisions that I didn't tell you to do this, and you, you know, you could have done anything you wanted. Go get go be a journalist, go be a clown, be whatever you want. But Logan should take that too. Logan, go tell Mitcham you don't want his money. Go become whatever you want to do. The baby a bunch of big babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think enough time has gone by for Rory to reassass and get back in the fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like the show really needs and it's kind of the show is kind of wandering a little bit, you know, and it's like, let's get it back on the Rory track.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're getting there. But so after sort of all that, and you know, Paris can sleep over here, and you need to give me twenty wearers notice for dinner and just sort of this like I understand the teenager me was like, f off, Grandma, but like the adult me was like, well, she's respectful, she's being so nice to you and just wants you to have dinner. And you know, this weird dress and the whole thing like Harry Russian tea dress. So then we go to the house and now bebets in on the paint mess. I loved that scene was well and Luke off ham, which I do like when they do that, because that they did do that from time to time, and Luke is off camera but very present in the scene. I thought you were a little mean with the yelling, but pretty pretty good when you're like off camera, but pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't do it over again. Sorry, I want to too, but I can't.
Speaker 2: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 3: They thought it. It played well and Babt thought he was yelling at her and she's like, oh, I'm so sorry, she's free why.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was really funny fo realizing like the prettiest black dress like with sparkles. Yeah, I did really really get it, and then literally melt my heart. She goes into the kitchen and Luke is on the phone getting the jerseys, and I just was like, excuse me swoon like I was swooning over you, Scott, sorry to be creepy.
Speaker 1: No, no, give me all you got.
Speaker 2: You were so cute and charming and adorable.
Speaker 3: It was like the whole episode when he was ordering the uniforms. I thought that was cute too, Like because Luke is usually kind of stand offish about the town stuff. But now that he's got this soccer team, like they're going to have the best hats, they're going to have the best jerseys because he doesn't want them to look like bag ladies. And it just was cute to see how invested he was in this whole, this whole soccer thing. Well and then they're ordering shirts for the dog and it.
Speaker 4: Was so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a cute scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, adorable, and you wanted to everything fancy and the just the whole thing.
Speaker 1: You could just start ringing out through America, Francine, wake up, Grandpa Luke's ordering shirts for the kid's soccer team. You know.
Speaker 2: It was really the hats and it was really adorable. And we got out to the scene, none of us like we're so now we're in the bar with Finn and Colin and Logan and the Folks singer. First of all, I like folks singing, like I'm into that.
Speaker 1: I thought that girl was pretty good. Actually, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was a good Kingston trio. It was a good song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a song. Knowledge.
Speaker 2: The one flag I have on this play is hello, It's so obvious they're on the Warner Brothers lot, I know.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, the the the entryway to the bar. I'm like, isn't that Yale? Yeah, like it on the coffee shop right there, like a season ago.
Speaker 2: I'm on the warner, like I get it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like it was a little too obvious for me.
Speaker 3: They were like ten ft away from Rory's study tree.
Speaker 2: Totally, and like it's a messy scene. First of all, who if you're at Yale finding parking like that would never happen, Like they're like.
Speaker 3: The only carry I'm parking.
Speaker 2: That's never happening. Like I've been on a college campus and it was just messy. I wrote, eek messy. I don't love it, Like the whole scene was messy, and I know it was intentionally messy. And they're all drunk, and Logan is so drunk, gross drunk. Yeah, he was drunk from the table. He was light drunk, like he plays drunk pretty well because I knew he was drunk in the pub. And then it just went downhill and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Like it so far. Nobody's likable in this episode. It's it's kind of amazing. I did laugh and Laurela except for Loan Laurela, Yeah, right, and paul Anka and soccer kids. Soccer kids.
Speaker 3: I did laugh in that scene when I think it was Colin said I've forgotten how to get in the car, and then Fenn says, do you have the owner's manual? That did make me laugh.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, it was like amusing. So then we get what you guys call Stoker scene and I call it amazing, and we suddenly Jess is in the driveway and you're right, it was two in the morning, which is a little odd.
Speaker 4: It was just the timing that seemed weird. Everything else I was all for, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I liked their banter right off the bat. I was like, you know, the awkwardness, you look good, you want to come in? She shoves her pillow on the door.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: The banter is great with them, the book, all of it.
Speaker 3: Did you notice how she was totally trying to downplay the whole dar thing. She's like, oh, it's just temporary, she said. I can't remember everything she said, but she was trying to downplay the whole thing with living with her grandparents in the daar. So she knows shec'ts different with Jess than she does with Low.
Speaker 1: But it's an amazing juxtaposition from where she was in season one and two at the fancy private school, and here's this kind of you know kid who's trouble and not good enough for her according to everybody. But they had a thing, and now look at them. A couple of years later, he's living in Philly, he's published, he's got a steady job, he's published this book. Great what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looks amazing too. His hair, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I also like in this I really what I loved about Jess and I always will. But he he didn't put Rory down. Now I know, I'm later on. He kind of puts her in her place, but he doesn't judge her when he's she's like, I'm not in school, he like, because he knows it's not his place in that moment to be like what are you doing? Like he's just letting her do her thing, and I think he always has. But then, you know, I think it's a special moment when at the end he says, like, you know, you really what do you say exactly? I don't have this this line in front of me, but he says something along the lines of like you you really inspired me or are you right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't have done it without you.
Speaker 2: This conversation about the book was so sweet. He can't do it without her, and she's so complimentary of him, and they just have such a nice friendship and relationship. And I will say it's one of the strongest scenes in the in the year in the life. So I know I'm jumping ahead, but.
Speaker 1: Like, I still think it's odd that he shows up like that. He had he had her, he could have gotten her phone number and just called.
Speaker 2: Her, but that would make such good television.
Speaker 3: He might have been afraid that she would reject him again.
Speaker 1: Or not.
Speaker 4: This is those moments, yeah, show, he said, he.
Speaker 1: Said, saying it's not a great freaking show. I just said, I know, but it's for the moment, you know, two am, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's crazy town.
Speaker 1: You're right, like supposed to be evolved. I mean, he's like he doesn't know those boundaries.
Speaker 2: Well right now or show up in the morning. I look, I get, but.
Speaker 1: It's just so it's okay, you know, because he's just because he's got great hair. It's okay, come on in because you have great hair. Oh the way, if you had hair, I'm sorry if you had bad hair.
Speaker 2: My thing is, you're right, you' all right in throwing this flag on it, Like right, why did they write it like that? That it's the middle of the night, And there he is like, why wouldn't they just do it in the morning like that, you went to the diner. He went to the diner in the morning. And then she goes out to her car to run her errands, and there he is like, the timeline's so bizarre.
Speaker 1: But still he's still he's still that dysfunctional jest that doesn't respect boundaries. It was weird.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it was weird. I will say what he said, so I got the line he says, I just basically wanted to show you that, tell you, tell you that I couldn't have done it without you. And I feel like I would want to tell someone that in person too, Like I don't know if we're throwing a flag on the play, I feel like I would want to say that to someone's face, because the.
Speaker 1: Timeline yeah so badly to her that he broke into.
Speaker 2: It in the morning, the line.
Speaker 1: I loved that, you know, his hair was filled with he was looking good.
Speaker 2: His hair was actually better. When he goes out with logan, but.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't keep up with.
Speaker 2: Did you graduate? Doogie?
Speaker 1: So listen. I I also like the fact that he asked permission if they could talk again. Yeah, I thought that was that was very gentlemanly and very respectful. So it did show some growth, right, would it be okay if we talked again? I mean, I'm going to be here for a couple of days and he asked permission, so he's lovely.
Speaker 2: He's lovely, Okay. Then we go two the scene that just really shocked me and I didn't remember it. You guys are at the soccer game. You're looking so freaking adorable. You're in the jerseys. I'm like, this is so cute. Did you notice.
Speaker 3: Cute the jersey over the flannel shirt. I loved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, this is so adorable. And then all of a sudden, I did not see it coming. I was like, they're animals.
Speaker 4: I totally forgot about this.
Speaker 1: That was funny, and I just, you know, it's memories, a strange thing. I don't I didn't remember any of that, oh really. And it was one of the rare times we got to be on location and outside and we had to show up at a different location than Warner Brothers and there's a soccer field and like, yay, you're out there.
Speaker 3: It looked real.
Speaker 2: That looked real. Well, it was, Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 4: It was also just the banter with Luke and or Ali that just like those are some of my favorite I wrote it down as my favorite lines it was.
Speaker 2: That was great. And the yeah, the conversation in the truck and like parent.
Speaker 1: Did I thought that that their reactions in the truck that they feared the little girls so much that they were getting down. I was, I don't know if I'm buying that. Was that a little odd to you?
Speaker 2: Going over the top for sure?
Speaker 1: Over the time enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Back around with the scene in the diner where you're then not afraid of the girls and you're still having them for burgers and you're trying to say, like, now, girls, we need to be donkey kicking each other or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, that was that was a great scene. But I thought the truck scene was just it was a little much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a flag on the truck because that is not the same truck that Luke drives around all messed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually did notice that, but I didn't think too much into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then a good eye.
Speaker 3: Well, my husband watched it with me last night and we were talking about it, and he says that the truck in that episode was a four. I guess you could tell, like from the grill, But the truck that Luke drives around stars Hollow is a Chevy. So I don't know, like, you know, maybe they couldn't rent the correct green truck that day, so they just gave them some other truck.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they buy the green truck?
Speaker 1: I hope because the guy wouldn't sell it. And yeah, really I tried to. I tried to buy it.
Speaker 2: Stop tell me more, Okay, wait, tell me everything. So they did rent it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy, the guy loaned it out for a price to the production all those years, and the night had a really good relationship with a head of Transpo. Great guy, we should get on Mike Patovich. Good good dude. Yeah, and uh h, I said, Mike, I gotta buy this truck. I love this truck. I want to have this truck. He goes, there's no way. He guy's not going to sell it, not going to sell it. So I offered a price for it and he got back to me and said, he didn't go for it. He's not he's not selling so.
Speaker 2: Super rich, super rich. I would love to buy you that truck. That would be awesome, that would be so rad. I'm not able to buy you that truck, but just know I want.
Speaker 3: To the council.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 1: Such a well, that's as good a president as I've ever gotten.
Speaker 2: That would be an iconic TikTok. If we surprised you on the Warner Brothers lot with that truck with a big.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't have to do that. I appreciate that, but.
Speaker 2: That would be so rad. Maybe if we like just suddenly, I don't know, we get a big bonus, we'll get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do that. No, I'd want you to invest in in corn futures or something all the way things are going, No, I guess not.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So okay. Then we go to the scene that is awkward and uncomfortable but also amazing. So Jess is tossing the rocks and he's so cute, and I'm like, he's so cute and she comes out.
Speaker 1: What were you saying to yourself? Were something of it? What not?
Speaker 2: Only was I saying it to myself. I wrote it down. So now the flag on the play I do have is that she doesn't know anything about Hartford, Like, isn't Yale in Hartford? I'm like, girl, you know Hertford?
Speaker 3: Well, Yale's in New Haven, but she's been I mean, her grandparents have lived in Hartford like forever. So she sort of explains it. She's one or two restaurants and she says.
Speaker 2: I just took the bus and whatever. So, oh, that's right, Chilten's in Hartford. Pardon me. Anyway, I was so uncomfortable in my stomach when Logan pulled up. I was like, I am one, come you guys feel that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because like I wish I wish he wasn't like that, like hard right off the bat. Like I kind of wish he like eased into like if you want to be a jerk, like a jerk very well with totally, and I agree that she should have told Logan, but like right off the bat, I was like.
Speaker 1: You're guy's shoes, man, do you know about territoriality?
Speaker 4: Dudes are different, Yeah, but I'd be fake a little bit in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just went into alpha male mode like the second he's said car and even like his body language, like he was like leaning over Rory and like he was making it clear that, you know, she was his property, and I don't know, I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: It also kind of reminds me of Laura. I Like, yeah, because Laura I didn't tell Luke about seeing God. Yeah, it was. It was the same thing, and we had that conversation before, Like it's the same thing that Laurel I should have told Luke that sorry on what's Rory's dan name on blank?
Speaker 2: Christopher?
Speaker 4: Christopher Sorry, you know, like it's kind of the same thing. It's kind of like it's very similar. Yeah, So you.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't want a guy acting that way. You wouldn't want your boyfriend acting that way. She caught you going behind his back. Wasn't but it wasn't, of course it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a date. But I feel like he shouldn't have been that intense in that moment, Like he should have kind of played with it and then had a conversation with Rory, Like yeah, like because think about it, Luke and and Logan are complete opposites, and look how they handled those two situations so differently. But like Luke did say, like I wish she told me, you know, And I think that's the way of handling it to me.
Speaker 2: Logan was fine, and Jess was fine, and Rory was a babbling mess because she knew she sort of was not totally. It's not like she'd done something wrong, but she hadn't done it right. That's where I'm at on it. It's like she wasn't wrong, they weren't going to hook up, She's not cheating, but she didn't handle it properly. And also because she thought he was out of town. Yeah, like you have a phone, tell him what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the thing is like you talk to him every day. You call him.
Speaker 1: So just feel like yourself and put yourself in Logan situation. I would feel like you, Well, hang on, Tara, you go away on a business trip, you come back early because you want to surprise your boyfriend. He's leaving his house with a with a really attractive girl that he used to date. Telling me, you wouldn't be pissed.
Speaker 4: Off, No, I would be pissed off. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be that intense, and I would. I would I wouldn't do it in front of like the girl or Jess. I would do it in front of my boyfriend and pull them aside and be like, this is messed up. I just wouldn't act like that in front of someone else.
Speaker 2: I actually thought Logan acted kind of okay considering how bad it was. He was very like, logany, how you doing okay? And then he's like, yeah, let's all go to dinner. I got the arm around because he's kind of peeing on his territory. Yeah, and she has the weird awkward hand motion. Did you see that? She's all You got to rewatch the body language.
Speaker 1: Listen. He wasn't He wasn't pissed at Jess. He was pissed at Rory, Yeah, for not telling, for going behind his back like that, and he was taking it out on Jess.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't take it out on her. You gotta take it out on the unsuspecting dude.
Speaker 4: Of course, totally.
Speaker 1: And I'm also thinking, and the unsuspecting dude is supposed to go, wow, so didn't know you were dating somebody? I should go yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what a classy guy does getting caught in that situation like, oh god, I'm in a bad situation. I don't want to cause friction between you two. Listen, sorry, have a great night. No disrespect to you guys. Yeah, yeah, that's what you do. So both Rory and Jess were in the wrong. Yeah, I'm not going to throw a flag on Logan at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, Scott. So two things really and I did rewind it. I'm not gonna lie. Watch this scene like three times. So he puts the arm around and then she has sort of the awkward hand emotion, and then if you stay your eyes on it, Jess does like a headshake like where he's just.
Speaker 1: Like a gosh.
Speaker 2: I didn't rewatch the scene. That body language was really well done.
Speaker 3: I did catch that low and said he's specifically excluded Jess and said you can follow us over there.
Speaker 2: But if they could have.
Speaker 3: All gone in Rory's car and all gone together, but he specifically was like, no, talk to the hand. You're going to take your own transportation.
Speaker 1: Don't think he's going to jump in Rory's car with the three of them.
Speaker 2: I heard jalopy compared to his lose them.
Speaker 1: And he should have. He should have The guy doesn't have enough sense to bow out you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you were differently tell us.
Speaker 4: I just didn't.
Speaker 3: I just think that I was just annoyed by Logan's aggression. And to me, it wasn't a date. It was just like they said there were going to go have some dinner and talk about whatever they were going to talk about. I didn't. I didn't have that big of a problem with it. And if if I was in that situation and I came home from a business trip early and my husband was, you know, leaving with his ex, I would I I agree that it would have been nice to get like a heads up, but I wouldn't be all, like, you know, up in her grill on the driveway. I oh, i'd maybe that's maybe that's just.
Speaker 1: I just talk to my husband.
Speaker 3: He's not dating someone behind my back. It's just to me, a trust.
Speaker 1: That we're talking about kids here, we're talking crying.
Speaker 2: Scott.
Speaker 1: It's different. It's different.
Speaker 2: I'm the first person to disagree with Scott, and this time I'm right.
Speaker 1: Well, you just agree with me.
Speaker 2: I'm the first person that normally disagrees with you, and on this one, I am just in lockstep okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if I was Logan and I was me and I pull up to surprise my boyfriend and he's there with his ex girlfriend going to dinner looking all to you, I wouldn't be aggressive. I would just start crying. I would just be like, that is aggressive. So yeah, and then I guess let's okay, let's go in order. So then we lorealize home. She's got the paint, is sort of like all the stuff's laid out for the paint, and the shoes are all lined up, and we see Paul ank and then she calls the diner where Luke is at the diner with the soccer team, and this is our big scene we need to talk about that's life changing. But first let's just talk about Luke with the soccer team girls.
Speaker 4: Like he's just like I thought it was so cute. He's at the head of the table with all the girls.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's being so sweet and he's like, I want you guys to win, but do you need to murder you know, the other.
Speaker 2: Team, and they're just like, we need to be aggressive, although rull over us.
Speaker 3: They need to eat dirt man, And to them.
Speaker 2: I did agree with him, being like oh, forget boys or boys like we want to win. And then I was.
Speaker 1: Here, here's one thing I learned that girls at that age are far more aggressive and far more coordinated and far better athletes than little boys are at in every single discipline baseball, soccer, basketball. I watched, you know, in my new neighborhood, I watched a girls softball team and they're like nine, ten eleven year old girls. And I watched them practice and they were so good and they hit the ball so far with such perfect technique. And I went up to the coach and I said, what is going on here? These girls are like ten times better than any boys their own age, or even boys, and he goes, yeah, that's how it is.
Speaker 2: It's such a hot there's two sports. So girl's water polo is like a super hot sport. Yeah, and you know what's making a huge like rise. I don't know what the word is. Girls blag football. Oh Steve Young, you know, forty nine er he is coaching. I believe his daughter's girls flag football high school. Totally.
Speaker 1: It's fun cool.
Speaker 3: As a former soccer mom, the girls games are more fun to watch the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yay girls. So then we this is the scene that we sort of talked about in the beginning of the episode. So Luke is on the phone with Lorali, so he gets up from the girl's table and because the phone rings and he takes the call with Lorelei. And this is where I was there. So in the background are two radio guys, Jack and Stretch, and they're they're fairly prominent background actors, Like it's really Luke, but you see them and the server comes up and they're fake eating and they're doing a very good job. And I that's when I was the day that you shot. That was when I met you, and I was on the set either for the first time or maybe the second, but I was there.
Speaker 1: That night, and I remember, like we we we had that shared love of what was it? We had that shared love of that one song. What was that song? It's a rolling Stone, so give me Shelter? And we were like and and you were singing that part where the girl comes out on stage and like really starts belting it out.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I'm already remember, I do not, but I remember that I remember that you were awesome. And I love that you remember Jack and Stretch and that you remember them being radio guys, and you were awesome, And I said to you, I'm gonna call you in eighteen years and we're going to do a podcast.
Speaker 1: We actually had a plan.
Speaker 2: I think it was I said, I'm gonna call you in fourteen years. We're gonna do We're gonna do a podcast where we rewatch all these shows that you're shooting right now.
Speaker 1: Believe I knew, she knew.
Speaker 2: You knew even back then, I will say, because it all did come flooding back. It was an amazing experience to be on the set and just the bigness of the set, like meaning like it just went on and on and on, as you talked about, like you're really walking all around the lot.
Speaker 1: Well, we had the whole back lot at Warner Brothers, the entire back lot of Warner Brothers with stars hollow. I mean, it was an actual town. Yeah, plus three sound stages too, So we had we had more real estate over there than any other production, anything, more than Er, more than Friends.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, because it was so you did like Er is basically just in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Right, And we had an outdoor set and we had indoor sets. Sorry, it was.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk more about that when because we're gonna have stretch on this week. So then we go to the pub, which is like, oh god, so we've got Jess with his great hair, Logan being real Logany, and Rory this.
Speaker 1: Is just pretty good hair too. Come on, give me credit.
Speaker 2: She does, he does. And I love the What I wrote is I hate this, but I love it. I loved the banter. I love how oh are you high school sweethearts? Rock around the cluck too, straws and a milkshake like they're all firing. Yeah, and Logan's the but I get it. And it just was like and then you get the confrontation between Jess and Rory, which.
Speaker 4: Is would you like me to up the viral moment?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 4: All right, keep talking.
Speaker 1: Yah, but wait a minute. That conversation between Jess and and Logan in the restaurant was epic.
Speaker 2: Totally the epic. Everything was epic. It was epic. Their conversation Rory and they were.
Speaker 1: Measuring Yeah that no, definitely, but that I mean that's when Matt really shines. I mean, he just drives a scene so beautifully, and.
Speaker 2: I agree he's quite skilled.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's really the real deal.
Speaker 2: Who says to who you're a little obsessed with length?
Speaker 1: He it just says that to him, says it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had that one of my favorite lines later because.
Speaker 2: He's talking about how long is the book?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, so do you want to play it?
Speaker 1: Amy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So this actually has over twelve thousand with this audio on TikTok.
Speaker 2: You what do you mean?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I know you. I know you better than anyone. This isn't you. Know?
Speaker 2: What are you doing living in your grandparents place?
Speaker 3: Being in the da R No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you drop out of Yale? Anyone? This isn't you.
Speaker 4: It's mainly why did you drop out of you?
Speaker 2: Why did you drop out of Yale?
Speaker 1: Oh so that's just an audio clip, there's no video.
Speaker 4: Well, people make videos to that with TikTok. So there's like over twelve thousand videos.
Speaker 2: With different videos. Yeah, and then they write like little things or yeah yeah yeah, yeah I've seen it TikTok.
Speaker 4: We'll post on on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you think TikTok is in part responsible for the resurgent or the continuing surge of this show.
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 4: So right now, is all like Netflix? No, no, well it's also Taylor Swift at the moment.
Speaker 2: Wait, what is the tailor?
Speaker 4: Oh, so there's so she's a huge Gilmore Girls fan. And Lauren Graham didn't interview saying that she's like a huge Taylor fan and she listened to the song the Second Drops at Midnight, and there's a line in one of the Vault songs that came out from nineteen eighty nine saying three hundred coffee dates later, and everyone is saying that it actually is a Gilmore Girl's reference. Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't know that, Amy.
Speaker 2: No, because I follow a lot of Gilmore Girl's content, but I didn't see this.
Speaker 4: So currently it's it's kind of this, like Taylor is the biggest Gilmore Girls fan. She referenced this coffee dates line in the Vault track and so and then Lauren came out and did an interview saying that she met Taylor and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So, my god, and Scott, I think you're onto something though, especially right now with it being fall fall and Gilmore Girls, there are so many tiktoks about like, oh, it's fall, time to rewatch Gilmore Girls again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of people that just watch it once a year in.
Speaker 4: The fall, right and then restart.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, And that's the predominant platform for what thirty and under, twenty five and under is consuming. It's TikTok, right.
Speaker 2: Fifty and under.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say t ii'me on TikTok every night, and Amy and I.
Speaker 2: Sent Scott you should get on TikTok. And let me tell you, if you ever like in a dentist office waiting for your appointment and you want it to feel like five minutes, just put your headphones on and TikTok. It literally you can suck away forty five minutes and it feels like two and you're like, oh crap, I just watched TikTok an hour and a half like that algorithm's genius, Mine's Gilmore Girls, Beg's and basically like friends clips right now, Hm, oh my god. We have to get Scott on TikTok and then see what.
Speaker 4: Does Scott did a TikTok When we were at I heard fest Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to do another TikTok wherever?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 4: Do you remember do you remember what the girls from from the Bachelor We were big Yeah, TikTok about go work.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, yes, I'm trying to get everyone to launch tiktoks in twenty twenty four. So get buckle up, Scott. Okay, so back on track here, we've so to me just it's all so painful. So we have this painful scene and then he says happy birthday and it's just like, oh God. And then Logan and Rory now we have their scene and she's like you were a jerk and you were an ass and suddenly she realizes like what is she doing? And they're just drinking. And then I did admire Logan for saying like, I didn't tell you to do this. Be a journalist, be a doctor, be a clown, Like do you like he's not trying to control her. So I just wrote ten, This is a ten.
Speaker 4: I actually I actually have something to say about that. Amy. I think the way per the way that Logan worded it is you can do whatever you want. But the reason why I liked Jess's speech is I know you. This isn't you. You want to go to school, you want to do this? What are you doing with your life? When Logan's speech is more like do whatever you want I'm not in charge of your life. And I think that's why that speech is so important and popular. But also I think that's why I think it really shows people why they like Jess over Logan. I think that's a great moment because Logan is his speech is like, don't you see my life? Like I got to go to Omaha with my dad, and like I want you to do whatever you want. But I think that Jess is trying to get Rory back on track, and to be honest, I think he was the only one that could snapper out of it.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Yeah, and he's very clear. The thing about Jess's speech isn't about Jess, and he's very clear and about Logan. He says, this isn't about him, this isn't you, and she find he says, what are you doing? And she finally says, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I could.
Speaker 1: I could actually see Dean coming back into her life as a friend and briefly and snapping her out of it too.
Speaker 2: I just don't think he has the power over her life.
Speaker 4: I don't think the Dean.
Speaker 1: But pointing it out, no, No, I just but I mean I think she would she would listen to anybody from her past that she was formally intimate with who expressed some real care for her and about her to snap her out of it. I don't think it was magic formula to snap her out of it.
Speaker 4: I agree with that, but I think in this moment, Jess was the boyfriend who would read books with her and like they could talk about it. And I think it's kind of more in the same pattern of school and Yale, because Jess was a smart guy. He just didn't It was just kind of like the bad guy, you know, like he didn't want to go to school, but he he's so smart. He's so smart, and I think that's why this made sense for him to come back and say that.
Speaker 2: He might be smarter than she is.
Speaker 4: Also, I've had this by my desk.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're biased.
Speaker 4: I know I am a little biased biased.
Speaker 2: So okay, So we briefly see So then we got Logan and Rory, and you know, he calms down a little bit and he says let's go, and she says, I don't want to go, and then he kind of throws the money at the table. It's very yucky. I'm not gonna lie like it's a yucky. It's a yucky scene. It's awesome, it's powerful, but it's like it's uncomfortable. So then we see Emily at the door and we realize the bed is made and Rory's gone, so that's kind of heavy. Then we go to Rory's Sorry, we go to Lorelai's house. Luke wakes up, Laura's not there. He goes into Rory's room and we have that just beautiful, amazing, incredible scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't you guys think she had been bottling that up for so long and she was trying to kind of play like she can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 2: But and the physical like Scott the way you were because you have words, but for me, it was like the physical of what you did in the scene. And I just was like, I love him. I literally wrote, I love Luke so much. He's so sweet. It's just like, I think, why fans love you because it's such an amazing scene. She's amazing, the Dog's amazing. The whole thing is just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: It was emotional, putting the Dog's performance on the same level as Lauren Graham's perform third but Dog's bottling all together, like the Dog see. This is why W. C. Fields has a famouslight. Never do scenes with dogs or children.
Speaker 2: Dogs, they'll steal.
Speaker 1: They'll steal, they'll steal the scene from everybody.
Speaker 2: She's crying.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding you know that.
Speaker 2: It's no, of course, it's just you were amazing in this episode and this scene in particular, and she's really good in this scene, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well it's a very tender moment and words matter, but behavior matters more so you have to support the words with behavior. And it was a chance to be very tender with her and very supportive and loving. And it's always nice to see that between a couple, you know, yeah, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the decisions that both of you make that you know, are yours. It's just I don't know. I think maybe one of the reasons I love the couple of Luke and Lorelai is there's it just feels so real.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot of people have those scenes. They relate to that because they live that with their pets, and their pet gets sick and somebody, you know, somebody has to be comforted because the pets, you know what I mean. It's like having a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then when it segues from being about the dog, and there's sort of this moment where we all, as the audience, we all realize like she's of course she cares about the dog, but she's talking about Rory and you know it too, but no one says it, and it's just like it's all going to just there's something about Luke saying it's going to be okay that makes me go, it's gonna be okay. Yeah, he's pretty strong. Luke's a pretty strong guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very like steady at least so far.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Then we get to sort of again what I always.
Speaker 1: Say, I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: God, oh no, Scott's remembering. So I always say this about Gilmore girls, and I know I beat it like a dead horse. But just when you think, okay, the show's gonna end right, like because they could have ended the show on that scene with Luke and Lorlai, but no, we they go for the jugular and we get the scene between Emily and Rory that is just I just wrote, Oh wow, m hm hmm. What do you guys think of that mess?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's basically she's treating her probably like how she treated Laurai when she was kid, right.
Speaker 2: Total, she even says, you're grounded when your father.
Speaker 1: And your father gets so Yeah, a couple of slips there from.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh, man, you kind of saw why. And again I don't, I don't condone Rory's behavior, but with the way Emily's acting, you kind of get an insight on why Laurlai left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. Emily is like so psycho and so over the top about the whole thing about you know, you don't know how to dress and blah blah blah. Meanwhile, Rory's wearing almost exactly the same outfit as Emily, But I digress. But she's just so over the top about the whole thing. And I definitely can see how year in and year out, that would get old quick. And I totally can understand why Laurlai would bristle against growing up in that environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, I guess. I guess Laurela I grew up being terrorized by that woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just so nice, I can.
Speaker 1: I can kind of see it now. Yeah, because we are getting your right, Tara, we are getting a snapshot of what Laurel's life was like and probably a very nice version of it. I mean, I think Emily as a younger woman with more energy, you know, twenty years perre was twice as horrifying, you know, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's gotten worse as the time has passed that Rory's been with them. Like in the beginning, it was like, here have all these you know, five trays of sweet rolls, and you know, let's redecorate your this whole house for you. And then she gradually was falling into that old pattern that she had with Laura and you. Obviously when she says, you know, wait till your father gets home, then like she's just completely reverted back to her that old pattern. So it was an interesting progression.
Speaker 1: So that's the part of Rory's personality that is like Laurela, yes, yes, you're right, it's not the sarcasm, but it's the backbone. You're right, it's the strength in a situation like that.
Speaker 2: You know, there's the lines I can't exactly remember, but she says, like, you're being so much like your mother, and she says, you're really being like my mother's mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 4: That was a good disc about a smack yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, it was so hard for me not to go to the next episode after.
Speaker 1: That, and you have my mother's.
Speaker 6: And we learned she's moved in with Lane right now. Yeah, so I kind of, I mean, I kind of like it. It sounds weird, but I kind of like that she went back to Lane. It's kind of like it's that best friend that doesn't matter how long you don't see them, you'll always go back to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I sort of hope she was going to walk into the Laurel lies. Yeah she wasn't, but.
Speaker 4: I syeh, I get it. She's closer.
Speaker 3: Rolling option at that point. She can't go to Logans. She's not ready to go back to Laurel.
Speaker 4: I she's a good point the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I just have to tell the whole, the whole story to Paris.
Speaker 1: I was rooting for it to go back to TJ's if you could find I want to see the guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, this episode is so phenomenal. That's why I'm like, season six gets a bad rap but not yet show up at Kirk.
Speaker 1: Or show up. It's a.
Speaker 4: That's a slap in the face.
Speaker 1: That's too close. That's too close right next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be all over town the next morning. Totally sleep, come on in here, Yeah, you stay with me and should go ahead and rest your little head right there.
Speaker 2: What does every I mean every line. There's so many iconic lines in this episode.
Speaker 4: Drop out of yeah that that has to be like that's that's that the one of the whole episode. I feel like I have.
Speaker 3: A minor one. It's not quite as iconic, but I thought it was really funny when the the two soccer girls asked Luke to sponsor the team and he said no, and then Laurel I says, wow, Oliver Twist asked for a little more gruel and you kicked him right in the jump.
Speaker 4: Oh I did have a line from that. It was just it was just.
Speaker 1: Luke, I mean just you just you just said a line. You don't get a second line, and Amy's turn? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Give mine? I'll give mine to Tara. I'll give it.
Speaker 4: Didn't you say the Yale one? Amy?
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to keep order around here? Otherwise I got excited.
Speaker 2: You can have one extra because you weren't here last week.
Speaker 4: I think, okay, true mine is when Luke says or sorry, Laura I says oh I heard that. Is it just as bad as seeing it? Lukeuse now I think that girl's unconscious. It was the it was like the delivery of it. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Got one? Why did you drop out of Yale?
Speaker 1: Mine is?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is the ry line to Emily and you remind me of my mother's mother. Yeah, that's been one.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: No, that just was home run. Love that line what about you? What about you?
Speaker 2: And I also love the line about the length. You seem very obsessed with length. Stop it. I do like when you're yelling from Shocking.
Speaker 1: That you love a Jess line the most.
Speaker 2: I know. For me, this episode is like, because I'm a Logan, I'm team Logan, but this episode is on team Jess. Yeah, I'm team Jess in this episode. So, okay, what do I give it? Obviously ten? But ten?
Speaker 1: Is this the episode that Rory got what she deserved? She got a face full of Logan wrath and Jess rath. She got a face full of Jess wrath. She was getting from both barrels.
Speaker 2: I okay, I'm giving it ten burgers eaten by Jack and Stretch. They probably did eat ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to give it nine point five blue soccer jerseys.
Speaker 4: Good Tara, I was going on the same I will give it ten wow wow beers at the pub.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it was the first I don't know, it didn't feel there was something off about We didn't really get into this in the beginning when we got on. There's something that fell a little off about it.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, every everybody was kind of unlikable and not acting. The thing that saved it for him was the Luke and Lorelei stuff and you know, some of the other stuff. But it did produce some good scenes and all that, but it was just it just seems so heated and so, I don't know, just people not acting like themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot of angst.
Speaker 1: It really was. I mean, it wasn't filled with humor the way it usually is. And I think Luke and Laurel I provided a lot of that human those girl little girls soccer girls provided a lot of the humor. But there's usually more humor in this in an episode. So I'm you know, I want to I'm not even going to give it a nine, Okay, I'm going to say eight point seven two, oh, eight point seven two.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're added the two.
Speaker 1: On Unconscious Soccer Girls.
Speaker 2: What's what's next? I know what's coming. I know what's a coming.
Speaker 1: What's what's the name of the episode? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I think I know what it is? Is it the Prodigal Daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Turns all right?
Speaker 1: So that's episode. Wrap it up here, listen. Join us next time for season six, episode nine, The Prodigal Daughter returns. Thank you Suzanne French, Tarasuit, Amy Sugarman, my o Trupid group and all of you out there. Appreciate your cards and letters and your d ms and your smoke signals and your tiktoks and all that stuff. Keep it coming. Love you guys, best fans on the planet. And remember we I I'm all in. Stay safe June, Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.