Speaker 1: The transmitting.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Wednesday Show, Morning Studio Morning. Kevin Costner's on on Friday. You're gonna be on the show. We're gonna ask him the question we've been dying to ask him. Is it Kevin Costner or Kevin Coosner?
Speaker 3: Oh, finally, I'm gonna be right.
Speaker 2: It's not Cosner.
Speaker 3: But watch him come and say like it's Cosner.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: Kevin Costner will be on the show on Friday, part of the Friday Morning Conversation. He's got the movie that's coming out the Horizon in American Saga, which he paid like thirty million dollars his own money to make.
Speaker 3: That's the one where they all give him stand innovation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like an eleven minute one day. That's a long that's a long standing renovation. But this movie is the American West Free and continue into the Civil War era, but it doesn't really deal with to Civil War, just people at that time. It's the fourth film he's directed an American Saga. Only in theaters this Friday, and then Chapter or two is out August sixteenth, ratedar under seventeen. Not admit it without parent, Get tickets now. But he will be on the show. Friday. We're very excited about that. Also excited now because we're gonna do a little bit early because we have a veterinarian coming in a few minutes to do a bunch of animal talk and a bunch of animal questions. We're gonna do the mail bag now here we go.
Speaker 1: You friends the game mail and we read it all the air. It's something we call Bobby's mail bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello, Bob Bones. I'm going on my first guy's trip as a married man. I'm wondering what I should do about my wife's request. I'm not sure if she'll just miss me or if she doesn't trust me. But she's telling me she wants me to check in with her while I'm gone, and not occasionally but often. Now I don't know what often means, but it doesn't sound good. What's the appropriate amount of check in time with the wife when you're on a guys trip for a week? Signed newly married, Matt, I've never been on a week guys trip. That's a long time. Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 3: It's actually crazy.
Speaker 5: She's letting him do that, that's letting him but like, that's a long time to leave your wife huh, I left.
Speaker 2: My wife wouldn't have an issue if I left for four or five days, but she and she also wouldn't made me check in. But if it felt like you were coming up from a place of I can't believe she allowed that.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've ever taken a trip for more than three days with the dudes and like been Okay.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about the check in part of it? I mean, yeah, that's normal, like often often.
Speaker 5: So if you're asking me how many times to check in with your wife, I would say three you wake up, I say, we wake up, call her, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: How is everything else?
Speaker 5: And we have kids too, so I'm checking on them as well, And then sometime in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: There's kind of a low to a kid's check in. This is a wife wanting you to check in with her, So we're not a dad. She wants you to check in as her husband. Okay, twice a day, morning, night, both speaking. Yeah, Hey a call, can one be a text?
Speaker 6: No? I mean you get text throughout the day. Oh, on top of it, today, just check in. If you're texting about real things, it doesn't count to the check in. If you're like, hey, don't forget this or this person's coming over. They're gonna, uh, we're gonna get a gut or fix or something.
Speaker 5: Now you just take a picture, like look at lunch box he's doing he's doing.
Speaker 3: A beer bong. That's funny, Hume.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of check in, you know, Like, yeah, lunchbox once once, once a day. It's fine.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you will have something to tell her, you call her, okay, But and it can just be a text. I mean I go to Austin for iHeartRadio and I'll text my wife once the whole day and she's with the three kids. These people don't have kids. I mean, you're busy, you're having fun. Let them enjoy the vacation. Once a day is plenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what often means, bro, Did you do something right? Did she have something? Because again, it could have nothing to do with you. You could have it could have something to do with something in a past relationship. It makes her sensitive. For me, I would say a text in the morning and then I called before I.
Speaker 3: Go to sleep, that's it.
Speaker 2: Or whenever the minimal like the amount that I should check in that attack say what's up. Everything's good, you're good, you need anything, and then it's call and talk our FaceTime at night. Wow. But if I if there's an actual conversation that needs to be had, I think it's okay to do it. But I think that would be my minimal check in no morning call, like how did you sleep last night? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, that's not good. My neck was hurting, but I feel good, Sonny.
Speaker 2: No, because that feels like you're doing it just to relate to her that you're like up to good.
Speaker 5: Not no good, no, man, just normal conversation. This is what we would normally do. We've been married for I don't know what seventeen years.
Speaker 2: I say twice a day, bro, you can do twice.
Speaker 8: A day, one text, one call, but also a standard.
Speaker 4: It's definitely a question to ask her yeah, because she's what she said often, but.
Speaker 8: He needs to say what does often mean?
Speaker 2: If she wants more than four? Oh my gosh, I just agree to it and don't do it. Yeah, really, No, that's worse. We're talking about it when you get back exactly. Yeah, so you can still go No, dude, otherwise she's gonna flatten the tires. You ain't going any I mean four times, you're gonna be wasting the whole trip. Talking to her, I was like, we have a guy that's part of our crew that's always calling his fiance. Hey, just checking in. We're doing you hours too, Just just letting you know where I am. You're the same place you were two hours ago, and that gets to be annoying to everybody else. If you can get away and do it by yourself, check in all day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your friends are gonna definitely make fun of you. You're talking here in the day.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Newly married.
Speaker 4: Matt Eddie just said, before we went into the details of kids like that, you'd be calling three.
Speaker 8: Times a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, morning, friends, not there, it's me my hotel room. What's up? Talk for about twenty minutes, and then before I go to bed. It's fun. That's what we did today.
Speaker 2: My nice playing cold though. Yeah, he's definitely and you guys are playing no, No, we're being honest. All right, Thank you, Matt. Good luck. Let's close the mail bag.
Speaker 8: We got your game mail and we laid on her.
Speaker 9: Now let's find the clothes Bobby failed bag. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In studio with Doctor Josie. Her podcast launches today it's a great podcast if you love it. Animals. It's called in the Vet's Office. In the Vet's Office, you're a vet. How long have you been a vet?
Speaker 10: I have been a vet for I have to think about this, seven years, almost eight years, you know.
Speaker 2: I like my doctors, my surgeons, my vets, my ballplayers to not be too emotional. And I wonder if this is the place you get because obviously you get into animal medicine because you love animals. But I wouldn't want you or my doctor reacting out of emotion. I would want you to be calm, cool, collected when making decisions or cutting. Do you feel that you still get super emotional at times when animals come in or can you separate the two?
Speaker 10: No, I'm really good at compartmentalizing. I mean, of course I care about the animals, yes, but I'll do surgery on my own animal, like I know I'm the best, and I just have to put my feelings aside. And it's like a it's a it's business, you know.
Speaker 2: Because emotion does affect performance, absolutely, and it can in a negative way. And I want my doctor, I want my surgeon to be like just another day. I'm very educated I believe in myself, but it's just another day. I doing what I'm good at. I don't want to be in like, oh boy, we got a big one today.
Speaker 5: But like doctor Josie though, where they can separate, not come back and see you're like they died.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, see you later.
Speaker 8: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 10: I mean there's a huge component to it of where when I'm talking to owners like a human element, very empathetic and compassionate of course, but like when it comes to surgery, yeah, I'm not sweating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would want everybody's cool. Like we had a Michael Chandler who's UFC fighter in studio and he was this is when he was going to go and you know, have a big fight with Lenoord mcgurna McGregor, and he's like, yeah, I don't get pumped up before a fight. I can't. I try to get as normal as I can be because I want to be able to think clearly on everything that I've trained to do. And I think and it's it feels like that shouldn't be what you want, but it is what I want for my doctor.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think the next time I walking to the o R, I'm gonna come out like I'm going into a UFC.
Speaker 2: Fight with people behind it.
Speaker 10: People are gonna be like massaging my shoulder and a robe on and like take it off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You ever do my seery gown, doctor Josie. This just came in and you have to go, oh God, and you have to go right into it. Yeah.
Speaker 10: We see emergencies like of a hit by cars coming in and they're you know, bleeding excessively.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all the time. You see emergencies that'd be such a hard job.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been in the middle of one, because I mean we've wondered this about doctors working on humans too, but where you're like, oh, shoot, I should probably google this real quick, like to figure.
Speaker 10: Out AI or not mid procedure. If I'm in a procedure, like I am prepared, I know exactly what I'm doing. I will say like sometimes people will be like, hey, can you look at my chinchilla, And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, like you do have a big history of chinchilla looking.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like I didn't learn about chinchillas in vet school, So I'm like, I should probably watch YouTube video or read a textbook before this.
Speaker 2: So I'll bet you get some weird animals.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean we'll get Yeah, what's a sugar glider? I saw one?
Speaker 8: Like, right, a little monkey bat?
Speaker 2: And then what do you do? It's all animals the same, just different size.
Speaker 10: Organs, well, mammals tend to be pretty much the same. But yeah, like reptiles, birds, very very different.
Speaker 2: Let's say I needed a surgery, you could kind of do that and walking dead. The vet ended up being like a doctor because a lot of the doctors were dead, so they knew they knew the general things to do with the body.
Speaker 10: Unless it was the zombie apocalypse, I would lose my license.
Speaker 8: No, No, let's say it is cold, I could Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my uncle was a town vet in Dilly, Texas, and he worked on cattle, little tiny chihuabas and humans.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so very similar, a large, small, all the above.
Speaker 2: Right, Doctor Josie's here. New podcast is out today. I want to ask you some general myth ish type questions about animals. Our dog's color blind.
Speaker 10: They're not colorblind the way we think of it. It's not like they see black and white, but they see less of us spectrum, Like they don't see the full rainbow of colors.
Speaker 8: So in a sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, our dog's mouths cleaner than human mouths.
Speaker 10: This is a huge myth. They are definitely not cleaner than human mouths. They lick their own butts.
Speaker 2: So why do we think that. Where did that come from?
Speaker 10: I have no idea who made that up, but they are full of boloney.
Speaker 4: I think it's to help us to deal with the fact of they lick certain areas and then they lick us, so we're just like, oh my god, oh there's some mouths are clean, And I know it's cute to see them like lick babies, but I like, I'm like, oh God.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, one human year to seven dog years.
Speaker 8: True or false, I'd say fairly true.
Speaker 10: I don't know that that's an exact science, but more or less, it's fairly true.
Speaker 2: Why did you become a vet?
Speaker 10: I became a vet because when I was fifteen, my mom said, if you want to have a car, you have to pay for gas, so you need to get a job. And the first place I passed walking down the street was a vet clinic. I put my application in. I scoop pooped for all of high school, all of college, and never looked back.
Speaker 2: My first job was a Marina, I'm not building boats because I didn't love to build boats. So you must have also found that you loved animals or you could relate to animals.
Speaker 10: Of course, yes, I loved animals. I grew up on my grandparents' farm, Horas's cows. They had a peacock at one point. I mean, we had every animal under the sun, so I knew I loved them.
Speaker 2: I feel like you have a job too. Where as soon as someone hears that you're a vet, they had many questions for you, and they want to ask all their really personal animal questions to you while they have you, without being well aout paying you.
Speaker 10: Does that happen everywhere I go? Every day I am getting asked, Hey, my cat's sneezing, or what should I feed my dog, which is really part of the reason why I started this podcast. I feel like people it's really overwhelming being a pet parent this day and age. There's so much information and advertising and marketing, and people just want to know what is the best thing I should do for my animal, and so yeah, that's part of the reason I started this podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like there's a lot of false information on social media where people are going this is what you should do for your dog or cat, and you're like, ah, not so much.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 10: I think there's a lot of like overwhelming marketing, like beautiful packaging, targeted Instagram ads, where you're probably going to be paying a little bit more money for a product that is not as great as some other products that are out there. I mean, if someone told me, if they were like, hey, fly to Japan, get Wagooby for your dog, it's going to make your dog live forever, Like catch me on the next light to Tokyo, I would do it. But the reality is it doesn't have to be that complicated.
Speaker 2: When a dog wags are tailed, does that mean they're happy.
Speaker 8: For the most part.
Speaker 10: Yes, Sometimes it can be like, oh, I'm really anxious, I don't know what to do tail wagging, But for the most part they're usually pretty happy.
Speaker 2: My bulldog Stanley goes outside and eats grass sometimes. Why does a dog eat grass?
Speaker 8: Dogs?
Speaker 10: If they're just out like munching on a blade here and there, they like their greens just like we do. They'll kind of forage, so I'm not super concerned about it. If they're like scarfing down grass and then throwing up it's because they're stomach kurts, so.
Speaker 2: They eat the grass because there's stomach kurts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's like if you know you're gonna vomit, you have acid in your stomach, and it's their way of like trying to get something not acidic into their stomach.
Speaker 2: So they're actually doing something somewhat smart.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're smart.
Speaker 2: But Stanley, you know my bulldog, Stanley, except for Stanley now the smartest dog at times, but he's out, he'll do that and they'll throw it up. But maybe that's just an instinctual thing more than.
Speaker 8: It it is.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's animal instinct.
Speaker 2: Can cats see in the dark?
Speaker 10: Yes, cats have exceptional eyesight.
Speaker 2: Really are cats evil?
Speaker 8: No? I love my cat. What why would cats be evil? Bobby, I'm asking a question a different.
Speaker 10: Like they select who they like for the most part, but to win a cat's love is very rewarding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have your cats? Because it sounds like your cat scratch you and then stays away from you.
Speaker 8: That was this one time that.
Speaker 4: I mean, so I think because of a situation with my dog, like she if she's very frustrated with the dog. I think sometimes she just takes attitude takes it out on me. But when she's loving, like when it's bedtime, like she will often come curl up right next to me and sleep with me all night, and I'm like, you do love me, because during the day she sort of ignores me.
Speaker 10: Cats are great pets and they're low maintenance.
Speaker 2: What about human food that dogs shouldn't have? Because my dog ate grapes once and it was not good. They freaked out way to take them in. Grapes not good? True? Is that true?
Speaker 8: Yes, grapes not good.
Speaker 10: Why by the way, we don't know exactly why, but grapes can cause kidney failure and dogs.
Speaker 2: And then what else?
Speaker 8: Chocolate that's a chocolate's a bad one.
Speaker 10: Anything with like a xyla TL in it, so an artificial sweetener that can be really dangerous.
Speaker 2: I give my dog Spreeze every day and he's doing just fine. We can be Supris. Yeah, I went up spreeese and just Stanley, which.
Speaker 8: Like a spree So I do not condone that.
Speaker 2: But I don't even know what that is like. So no people food for the most part with dogs.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's up to the owner. I really try not to give my dogs people food. Because then they just sit and they beg and they beg and then they get fat. So I mean you can with in moderation.
Speaker 3: And the chocolate. Is it all kinds of chocolate or just dark chocolate?
Speaker 8: I've heard dark, darker the worst, Right, the darker the worst.
Speaker 10: It has more of the ingredient that's bad for dogs.
Speaker 8: But chocolate just doesn't sit well with them in general.
Speaker 10: They'll probably vomit or have diarrhea if you feed them chocolate.
Speaker 2: Doctor Josie's here. You can follow her on Instagram. Doctor Josie Vet new podcast that's out today and it's called In the Vet's Office. This is and now I'm going to have you follow up on the story after I play the club. But this is Josie talking about on the podcast this finding forty hair ties and a cat's stomach whenever the cat was just in for a knee injury. Right here you go.
Speaker 10: I would never ever ever leave my hair ties or dental floss unattended around cats. Cats love string. They have like an affinity for it.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: Actually, one of my patients we were taking an X ray of its knee and had torn its ACL ligament and it moved right at the last second, and so we accidentally got a little bit of its stomach on the X ray and it was full of hair tis. I think when we went to take them out, I think it was forty eight to two hair ties.
Speaker 8: What, Yes, just an.
Speaker 10: Incidental finding, just chilling in its stomach. He's like my knee, also, my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, must you take the hair ties out or will the animal pass them?
Speaker 10: Uh? They had been in there for a very long time.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 10: They were all like congealed together and rock hard, so they had to come out.
Speaker 8: There was no passing those.
Speaker 2: So you had to do surgery to get them out.
Speaker 10: Yes, I was like I went into the room with the owner and I was like, hey, your cat towards acel and we have to do a completely separate surgery to get a bunch of hair ties out of its stomach.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh my gosh, because cat's mouths are so little. I'm wondering, like over time, how like when was the cat even doing that?
Speaker 8: And as the human like where all my hair ties? Because forty like I.
Speaker 10: Can barely came up with three, I think a hair tie a week maybe, Like I'm not sure what we were well, what was happening.
Speaker 8: I didn't know they were into that. Okay, and floss, they love it. They love dental floss.
Speaker 10: They love tinsel on Christmas trees, taking a lot of that stuff out.
Speaker 2: What's the weirdest thing you've ever found in the stomach of an animal?
Speaker 10: We have a really good I don't want to spoil this episode, but I did find some underwear that the girlfriend bought the dog in and they were not hers.
Speaker 8: No way.
Speaker 2: That's the craziest way to ever get caught.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 8: Good the dog is like? Found them outside? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wow, Doctor Josie's here. We're gonna take a break. We're gonna come back with doctor Josie in just a second. The first episode today is up in the Vets Office with doctor Josie. We will come back. I do want to talk about fireworks and dogs because Fourth of July is coming up. We have a whole bunch more dog than cat questions. All right, back in a second, Doctor Josie's in. She's also my dog's vet and she has a podcast out today that's called in the Vets Office. And by the way, what do you think Eddie's hair?
Speaker 8: I love it? Yeah, I think it looks great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 8: You look like a new man.
Speaker 5: I'm not used to it, really, I mean, it's still kind of weird. Like I look at the camera right now, I'm like, oh my gosh, what's on my head?
Speaker 2: I showed her a picture you on Instagram. Hear and her husband. We're at the house having dinner, and we were talking about your hair, and she was like, gonna see a picture. She said, oh, that does look great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was gonna.
Speaker 2: Judge it today. She was gonna judge it today.
Speaker 8: It looks good, right, yeah, Verdic's out. I think it looks great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Are you going to keep it?
Speaker 3: I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: What does your wife say? She warmed me up.
Speaker 3: To it just even last night. She was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You know my theory, right, I know your theory. She can't be like I love it because eventually, if it goes away, you're gonna feel like she liked you better with hair.
Speaker 3: Possibly.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that theory I have She can't totally embrace it because he may not keep it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think you probably just she's so use to the way you.
Speaker 5: Looked before absolutely, and she what she says too, is even when I did have hair, it wasn't like this, you know, like my line was like way.
Speaker 2: Up further, always losing your hair with her, Yeah, yeah, always, Well, doctor Jose's here, We're not talking about your hair. She did want to see it, and I saw her when she came in. She could good look at him before she said anything.
Speaker 8: Like a small animal on his Huh, what.
Speaker 2: Do you think of that animal? What would you do? How much did you charge for an appointment with the animal on his head?
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 2: Dogs during fourth of July, Like, I assume a lot of dogs either break out or get crazy scared. Like, what do you recommend people that have animals a freak out during fireworks?
Speaker 10: Get your dog microchip if they do get out, that's the easiest way to get them back to you. Don't call us on July third asking for anxiety medications. We get I think I have six thousand patients right now, and you would be surprised at how many people wait until the very last minute. So call this week if you know your pet gets nervous.
Speaker 2: What about benajol? Can you give a dog benadryl for the same reason you.
Speaker 10: Can give them benadryl. It just doesn't not It's not as effective. There's other medications that work much better.
Speaker 2: Over the counter, stuff from humans or just from.
Speaker 10: You, the prescription medications through your vet.
Speaker 4: If a dog has a prescription for anxiety meds, can a human take it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Boy, I would not recommend that based on size. I don't based on size well, because I obviously I don't recommend an honestly, can't I know? But okay, So for example, Traso doone is like one of the main situational anxiety medications we use for fireworks. The dog dose is exponentially higher than the human dose. They metabolize it differently. So if you took your dog's dose of tr how is it doing you would? You'd sleep for days?
Speaker 2: You get excited.
Speaker 8: But a pill cutter, you know, a pill cutting drug.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 8: I cut pills for my dad all the time.
Speaker 2: Our dogs still bark like crazy when anybody comes to the door. They still get very too excited. People come in the house all the time. There's never anything exciting for them, yet they get so excited. How do we stop the dogs from going crazy?
Speaker 8: That is an age old question.
Speaker 10: I'm actually in the talks of having an amazing trainer that worked with my dog to come on the podcast, so I kind of feel like you got to wait and stay tuned. A lot of the times it's us, we are the problem. So a lot of it is having to retrain what we do with our pets and like giving them structure in the home. So it's not really like a simple this is what you do?
Speaker 2: Answer, Well, then how do I get my dog to shut up? Just generally, how do I get my dogs to shut up? But they won't shut up in the middle of the night if there's like a flash, there's one flash, do they feel like they're protecting the house? What's going on?
Speaker 10: They do and think about it. They're like, here comes the mailman. Stanley's like wolf wuff like get out of her, buddy. And then the mailman leaves and he's like, yeah, I showed him, but.
Speaker 2: We don't celebrate him for doing that.
Speaker 8: So he need him to know he knows. Yeah, he's watching him walk away.
Speaker 4: He's like, interesting, Bobby, it is us. It's the owner problem almost always.
Speaker 2: What do you think about bulldogs in general? Like English bulldogs like mine? Because I feel like people shouldn't have them. I feel like they shouldn't be made anymore because I feel like made is the word, and you can say, you can counter me and push back. But and I love my bulldog and I would never give him back. But they are always sick. I think Stanley's had double digit surgeries at this point. He has trouble living because he can't even breathe. Those dogs naturally. What would you say to someone that wanted like an English bulldog?
Speaker 10: I had a professor in school. One of our first lectures. She gave us all a straw and she said, plug your nose and then breathe through the straw. And that's how bulldogs read. They have such small earways, and so I think they're so cute. I understand the appeal of them, like they're amazing dogs. But if you don't have a very large savings account, I would recommend you probably don't buy a bulldog.
Speaker 8: They are prone to everything.
Speaker 2: What about pet insurance?
Speaker 10: Pet insurance is awesome. I highly recommend it. Every time an owner comes in with a puppy or a kitten, get pet insurance right away.
Speaker 2: So a fine fact about doctor Josie. She went to Mexico and then brought a dog home with her. Have you guys heard this story?
Speaker 8: Can you do that?
Speaker 10: I did much to my husband's sugar, and he was so mad at me.
Speaker 2: So you guys are there on vacation.
Speaker 8: We were there.
Speaker 10: We were in Sily to Mexico or walking down the street. We're going in and out of little shops and then this stray dog just starts following us and I was like, oh, she's so cute, like and then the next thing I know, she's following me all the whole trip. And I asked the locals. I was like, hey, like does she have an owner? And they're like, no, she doesn't. And then like perfect, I will take you home with me.
Speaker 2: So you get a dog home, going through customs like anything with you.
Speaker 10: No, I can sign off on their like international travel paperwork. So I found a Kinko's in Mexico and got a rabies vaccinated. I will say it was also during during COVID when things were contactless, so they didn't ask a lot of questions. She was like very skinny, her nipples were like so big. I didn't realize. I came home and spade her and she was pregnant. Yeah, I rot I brought home eleven dogs, what honor?
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 10: We didn't use the right anesthesia where and she was sick. She had a tick born disease. The puppies sadly would not have made it. But yeah, that was a surprise.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you still have the dog?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, she's like. My husband was very mad, Like, he's like, why are we on vacation? I've had two Margarita's. Why am I in a vet clinic getting a rabies vaccine for this mutt? And now he tucks her in every single night. I gets obsessed with her. Her name is Saya and we found her in say Elita, Oh, very Mexico. Yeah, yeah, she's a Spanish lady.
Speaker 2: Should I be brushing my dog's teeth?
Speaker 8: You should?
Speaker 10: I know, if I'm being completely hones, I brush my dog's teeth like maybe once a week.
Speaker 2: Once a week sounds to wow.
Speaker 10: As your vet, I am supposed to tell you with a dead face, you need to brush your dog's heeth every single day.
Speaker 2: I don't know that dogs ever been brushed in.
Speaker 8: Your cat's and your cat what? My cat will not sit for that.
Speaker 10: That's just what I'm supposed to tell you. I would say, realistically, if you can do it every week or two, like that is better than nothing, because they.
Speaker 2: Get dog is going to sit and let them brush their teeth.
Speaker 8: You got Morgan Remy does every night.
Speaker 3: She gets you.
Speaker 2: Brush your dogs teeth every night? Every night?
Speaker 3: No, Morgan, every night.
Speaker 4: Morgan's dog is a therapy dog. It's highly trained and obedient.
Speaker 8: I've been doing that since she was a puppy. Yeah, there you go. She lets you every night. She doesn't necessarily love it.
Speaker 2: But what about when you floss her?
Speaker 8: I don't don't bloster.
Speaker 10: You don't need a floss. That's where you draw the line.
Speaker 8: The dogs ever get braces?
Speaker 10: No, not yet. I mean I'm sure for ten years from now we'll have not for looks, but like people will do.
Speaker 8: No, I don't mean for aesthetic like it's a legit question.
Speaker 4: Because if we're chewing, or if there's like if their mouth is out of alignment, they might need a retainer or they can't it hurts to eat or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I know what you mean. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 10: Cats can or cats dogs can have underbites or overbites are narrow, and we'll we'll sometimes say, hey, have them play with this ball, because if they chew with the ball over and over, it like expands their jaw. So we don't know. We don't have races.
Speaker 2: Do you think eventually we'll have AI that will allow us to talk to our animals and they can talk back in the AI, I will know what the animal is thinking.
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 10: I wish that would be amazing. Dang, make my job a lot easier.
Speaker 2: What's the coolest trick you've ever seen the dog?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 2: They came into the office and you're like, I can't believe they taught him that?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 8: The coolest trick I've everget?
Speaker 2: I got another good one. Don't pocket too after this one?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 10: I it wasn't in the office, but I have a friend who will say, hey, get me a beer, and the dog runs the fridge, opens the fridge, grabs the beer, and then brings it to him.
Speaker 3: I need that.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. That's a lot of work, though, you have to do with the dog. Atty. Is your dog used to shut the door when I shut doors? Rope on it. You can pull close and do everything.
Speaker 8: That's like what you dedicated a lot of time to that.
Speaker 2: I'm a loser in any other way. No, No, I heard that you dedicate a lot of time to that alone.
Speaker 8: Which is you you got like obsessed with that.
Speaker 3: Nobody was really cool to see.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you were in your twenties.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good trick. Okay, how about this. Anyone ever brought a dog in with a name that was so wild or you were very uncomfortable with, like this is my dog Nazi, Yeah, something like that. You're like, no, no, that's terrible.
Speaker 10: I have had some crazy names. I have to think about this.
Speaker 2: I've ever been asked that before that question.
Speaker 8: No one's ever asked me that question exactly.
Speaker 2: I told you had a good one saved up.
Speaker 10: I get some really creative names, like I had a dog and the other day his name was Russell Sprout.
Speaker 8: Which I thought was cut Russell sprout. But I don't know.
Speaker 10: There's everyone where I'm like, ooh, this is not a good situation. There's a lot of like video game names too, which are interesting.
Speaker 2: Like no one comes in with the dog nameed the P word?
Speaker 8: Like what's the P word?
Speaker 2: Penis? No obvious?
Speaker 3: Not that one the one?
Speaker 8: We got it?
Speaker 10: No, yeah, got it?
Speaker 8: On a catably like a cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 10: No, no, but I'll have to remember that. I'll keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: That'd be tough. Someone comes in with the dog and the name you completely disagree with. Doctor Josie has a new podcast that is out today. It is called In the Vets Office Amy. Any final question.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess we've been talking a lot about human water consumption and I feel like I fill up my dog's water ball just once a day, and I don't know even if it's the right amount of ounces. So I didn't know we're supposed drink half our body weight announces?
Speaker 8: Do dogs?
Speaker 4: They have a required amount daily and that we should try to meet that, especially in summer.
Speaker 10: There's like a rough estimate, and obviously dogs can be five pounds to one hundred pounds. So you can ask your vet and they'll tell you exactly how much about that your your dog should be drinking. There is a like an equation.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I just didn't know if it could help her because we measure out the food, but I don't ever measure water. No you don't, I mean, fill up her water bowl and if it's empty, keep filling it up. Just so that she has fresh water all the time.
Speaker 2: From my wife does to me.
Speaker 10: I will say when dogs, dogs can get sick and drink a ton of water. So if you're like, whoa, my dog's drinking way more water than usual, that's a red flag.
Speaker 8: Okay, Eddie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the flea callers, do those really work? Like?
Speaker 5: And how do those work? If it's right here around their neck? How does it cover their tail?
Speaker 2: Or a pill?
Speaker 10: They say, take it, and no flea or takes it ends up getting absorbed through their their bloodstream, so it works throughout the whole body. And yes, the flea and tick collars do work. I personally don't like those as much as like the chew. I don't like to put like the topical. This is just my own personal preference, but I don't like to put the topicals or the collars on. I just prefer them to eat the chew and it works great.
Speaker 2: What do you create training pro or con big pro?
Speaker 10: They're super important. Yeah, crates are super important when you're potty training a puppy. It's like almost impossible to potty trade them without a crate.
Speaker 8: Big fan.
Speaker 2: What if someone's leaving home and their dog is now at home and the dog cries the whole time because that's seen little toys like heartbeat toys or does any of that stuff actually work?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think so. Some of it does work. It's just it's separation anxiety. So turn your TV on, put Beethoven on your you know, Alexa. Just things where they don't feel like they're alone, and then really high reward when you're leaving, like a cong or a treat with peanut butter in it, like something where it's like, hey, I'm leaving, but here's this amazing something.
Speaker 2: Dang. I should do that in my wife.
Speaker 3: You put the show on for your dogs anymore?
Speaker 2: Dogs hate the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like to.
Speaker 4: See you should leave Caitlin a treat or Kaitlyn should leave you a treat both.
Speaker 2: I like treats. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Dogs. Dogs don't want to hear this at all. They like ESPN.
Speaker 3: I feel like sports much rather.
Speaker 2: They're Mike and Mike or whatever. Doctor Josie, thank you for coming in. Guys. Check out the first episode. It is up now. Mackenzie Porter is guest number one. Yes, did you know McKenzie?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 10: We had met at a spin class.
Speaker 2: That's Nashville for you.
Speaker 10: Randomly's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Nashville for you. You ever see anything any country stars in town, just randomly.
Speaker 10: I take care of their animals. Oh yeah, they'll randomly come in.
Speaker 2: I probably can't say who it is. Yeah, Hi, do any of them around with Barrack Birch?
Speaker 3: No, okay, that's good once. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: I don't either.
Speaker 2: They trust me, I barely do. She went to Ohio State, you know that. Go Buck fun fact.
Speaker 8: Go Buck guys.
Speaker 10: Top three vet school in the country one and two. One is Oh, don't get mad at me if this isn't right, But I'm pretty sure one is Colorado State, okay, and I'm pretty sure number two is you see Davis, Where's tex is saying?
Speaker 3: Where they at?
Speaker 8: I think they're like fourth or fifth? What Sorry, guys, we've gone down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doctor Josie follow her at Doctor Josie Vett and the first episode is up now in the vet's office. Doctor Josie, thank you for coming in and good luck with the podcast.
Speaker 8: Thanks for having me. It's time for the news.
Speaker 2: Big storm a castle Rock Colorado thunder was hitting so hard that the laundry room door opened. They have a bulldog. The bulldog, who is scared of storms, was like, oh crap, freaked out, ran outside family, then wakes up, can't find the dog. Looking everywhere for the dog, so they can't find bear anywhere. They get on social media they're posting. They are putting up posters in the town and again there's a five year old American bulldog. I got a bulldog. Mine's the English bulldog a little fatter. But these bulldogs one are expensive. People would steal them and too then would get around super well, it's not like do you ever stiose race dogs greyhound? Those things can fly. But people started saying, hey, we saw your dog near the interstate, which is also not something you want to hear. However, they get a call from a guy named Anthony who had seen the dog near the interstate, grabbed him and then took him to his house and slept with him in the house. Finally found the dog, got her back to the people. Huh, that's crazy. They'd find the dog, put it in the house, make sure it was all good, probably hoping no one will call for it, but then also saw and then took the dog back. That'd be pretty cool if you're the family and he gets your dog back. But Morgan had a dog that she found. What's the latest on that dog that you found on the street.
Speaker 8: She's still with me.
Speaker 3: She's getting spade currently.
Speaker 2: Nobody has messaged to you at this point. They're not going to No.
Speaker 12: I don't think she if she did have a family, I don't think they want her back. So she's gonna get put up for adoption, or hopefully somebody close to me can take her after she gets spaded.
Speaker 2: Well, once she spade, if you want to put her up for adoption, I don't know the official rules, and there aren't official rules. R. It's a dog. But I know you're not doing all the interviews.
Speaker 12: No, So I'm doing it through a rescue called Proverbs. They're they're handling all the interviews of her adoption and stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, they will post a picture and her link whenever she goes up. Yes, looks like a good dog.
Speaker 12: Though she's a great dog, and she acts like a little Grimlin, which I think is a city like, don't.
Speaker 2: Feed after midnight, yeah yeah, don't get him any hour water.
Speaker 3: Don't get him wet any hour.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: All happened after midnight.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't seen that movie. And a long time Gizmo wed and then Strike came out.
Speaker 8: He's super spunky stripe.
Speaker 2: All right, that's from CBS News. That's a great story. That's what it's all about. Thank you that was telling me something good. Yeah, I was talking about I got pulled over and I never get pulled over. I never speed. I was in a place where I think the speed limit was way low for like a block. I was going ten over, got pulled over, knew it. Cop was coming up, and immediately I said, I was probably speeding. I deserve a ticket. It's weird thinking back about that how that whole thing went down, but that's pretty much what happened. I knew that I probably was speeding if he was pulling me over. Whatever I was getting I deserved, so I will go ahead and take it your honor. That's what I felt like to the police officer. We do have a police officer. Now, this is Corey who is listening in Arkansas. Hey, Corey, we were talking about getting pulled over for like one mile an hour over. I got pulled over for what was ten mile an hours over? Corey, what do you think? What's the general rule there, well.
Speaker 1: What we were told in the academy is, don't be a hypocrite. If you drive ten over, don't give anyone a ticket for ten over, if you drive twelve to fifty, whatever you would drive normally, don't ticket to someone for something you're gonna do. And then also there's kind of a phrase we have it's kind of you earn your tickets, so pull you over. You're doing you know, twelve over. You know, we're probably just gonna give you a warning. But if you're being rude or you know, sniffy and just not being you know, polite to let us get through get through the traffic stop, then we're going to give you a citation. But normally we're just gonna you know, you need to watch your speed and give you a warning, and we'll put your the reason he took so long, he's gonna put your information in put down that at a warning. That way, you get pulled over again later that day or a couple of weeks or however long, they'll see that you've had a warning for this before. And if it looks like it's a trend, then you'll start getting tickets for you know, ten eleven, twelve over, but typically it's you know, don't be don't be a hypocrite. I do ten over. It's just I can't help it, so I don't get anyone for ten over now if I'm doing stops or something like that, like you know, I'm pulling over anyways just to kind of get a school zone or what's typically a school zone, but it's not during school hours. Try to, you know, keep it in the back of people's minds. I got to watch the speed through here, so we'll stop you anyways and just give you a warning, but you can earn a ticket.
Speaker 2: Is there such thing as a quota where maybe in a new water fountain it's pre zin No, No, there's not a quote, I thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, No. The only time there's anything like that is like like you'll see you'll hear it on the radio to like the ramping up for like click it or ticket or you know, drifts over, get pulled over, Like we'll come in on days off and working extra you know, an extra paid ship specifically looking for people either you know, depending on what the stuff that grants for whether it's you know, clicker or ticket or drifts over, it gets over distracted driving, like we're looking specifically for that, and then there's a certain number that you're looking for. But that's you know, during you know, for the July you know, Memorial Day, like you know, times like that, Like there's specific tiger, we'll do that, and that's what we're looking forward. Just to try to keep everything, you know, at a status flow and keep it, you know, even and just normal throughout it. Every once in a while look like that, but not typically. No, it's not like they're like, all right, you need to get ten speeding tickets today. It's like that.
Speaker 2: What about Because when the officer walked up to my door, I was like, I probably did something. I knew. I figured I was speeding, even though I don't remember, I knew he wouldn't have pulled me over for another that. I was like, I was probably speeding. I deserve a ticket. Has anyone ever try it? Because I wasn't an approach. That was my honest reaction. If someone says that to you, have they said that to you, how would you react?
Speaker 1: It kind of it throws you off guard. I mean I'm I'm just a year into it, so I haven't got you know, my whole little spiel down when I come up for a stop. So they you probably probably said that before he said anything like introduce himself, what department is with and all that like. So you said all that. It probably threw him off of his his his you know speech that he'll say to you. But I mean you were being polite, you know, it kind of threw him off, but he still maintained it. And I mean, you're only doing ten overs, so it's you know, just a warning, and he might not even he might not even giving you, like a written warning. It could have just been a verbal And that's just entering the information.
Speaker 4: In the system.
Speaker 5: Mister officer. You said that the warning, you put that in the system. How long does that last in the system with harmanent record or does.
Speaker 2: It go away?
Speaker 1: No, they stay in there. Referring to the academy, we pulled someone over who had temporary tags that were expired, pulled it up and they've been pulled over and had warnings for you know, a year ago from a different vehicle and six months ago and so them and they were like, yeah, I don't have it. I just want time to go get it. In my life, this isn't the first time and normally the first time, you know, we'll let you go, give you warning, put it in the system. But we gave them a citation.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate the call. Thanks for what you do. You're definitely putting yourself a danger every single day y're out there. I respect that, and thanks for spending a few minutes with us killing some of these myths that people like me think that they are dumb, Like do you have a quota? So we appreciate that, officer.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, thank you. I love the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much. Appreciate that they're selling something on eBay they say is haunted. I didn't know you could sell stuff and claim it's haunted on eBay. I thought they would pull that stuff down. Oh you know what it's. That's he has different rules. That's so you can sell a hant. Can you sell like bodily fluid? Alright?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because someone sold their forest?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Is that see like a whole different rule. You can't think that's he's like the black market of not the dark web. Huh. Well, that's they're selling something supposedly haunted. We'll talk about what it is. Could you sell like underwear like that you wore on Etsy. I don't think you sell it on eBay its authenticated.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, he was just homemade crafts.
Speaker 2: Recipes what's haunted on the internet that you could buy. We kind of have a story that one of us on the show lived with one of these. We'll talk about that coming up next. There's another doll on eBay that they say is possessed. We had a doll that was haunted at one point, and Amy lost the game and had to keep the doll. But then she paid Lunchbox a bunch of money, right, Yeah, she paid me money to do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And then I can't remember the amount.
Speaker 9: But it was.
Speaker 8: To take the doll.
Speaker 13: And then Lunchbox took it to my house and burned it at my house, so it lived at my house.
Speaker 8: I was about the mental well being of my kids. Yes, and I had to pay him.
Speaker 2: So Amy lost the bet. We had this haunted doll. She took it home, except she did it. She paid Lunchbox take it home and for days he kept in his house, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in my house for like a week and a half, two weeks.
Speaker 2: And did you feel like that doll did anything negative? Did to bring any negative vibes that anything bad happened. Yeah, it was just weird, weird feeling around the house. It was awkward, it was strange. And then but was it because you knew there was a doll? If the if you didn't know there was a doll there, and that doll was there.
Speaker 7: I don't know, man, I mean then like close after the tree fell on my house, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That doll was kind of weird. A doll named Billy it's making waves. The Etsy seller says that she was a brilliant florist trapped in an abusive marriage. Then she was by her husband. Now Billy's spirit is said to inhabit this doll, which is up for grabs on Etsy a few hundred bucks. Would you want this doll?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, why why would you want? Because it does say it could also if like the doll likes you, protect you, but if not haunt you. Would you even want to risk that? Do you even believe either one could be true? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Because I don't. Okay, No, no, I don't think the doll is going to haunt me. I told you about the tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just told you about how like there was a storm, guys, like a tornado, but it's still not a tree into my house. And then Lunchbox didn't want to burn it, so he took it to Eddie's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't want to leave your spirit at my house, so I took it to Eddie's backyard and left the spirits there.
Speaker 3: And then a few months later I cut my finger.
Speaker 2: These are natural things that just happen in life, and now you're just designing it to a doll.
Speaker 3: I almost cut my finger off.
Speaker 2: I was reading this story so back in Texas, I think it was like the eight at the late eighteen hundreds, and there was a relationship and the guy did not want to be with her anymore, and so he said, hey, I'm breaking it off with you. And she was very upset and she tried to herself and it was unsuccessful. Went back to him. He said no again, and then I believe she did right. And this is like late eighteen hundreds. So her brother, her brother then comes and brings a gun and tries to kill the ex boyfriend. And he goes and he shoots at the ex boyfriend, misses them like barely, like clip skin, and the bullet goes into a tree. So this happens. They arrest the guy, they get him out of there. Like twenty years later, this ex boyfriend who's now married to somebody else. As a kid, they're out in the yard and they're removing this tree. They're like sawing the tree, him and the kid, and he saws the tree. The tree falls, hits the bullet. The bullet, which was still live, ended up shooting like exploding in the guy and killed the guy. No, they was supposed to be the one shot initially, How did the bullet that happened? I mean, think if you had a bullet and hammer boo.
Speaker 3: No, no, I understand, but the bullet was in the gun when he shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if the tree is like collapsing onto the bullet because they were trying to remove a tree.
Speaker 8: But I guess it's just you heard what you heard out of the gun is still alive.
Speaker 3: I already bunked your myth or not possible.
Speaker 2: Not possible. I read it late eighteen hundred's. I don't know if it's true or not.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: I'll have my team effect researchers.
Speaker 8: Oh that's better than what I thought. I thought. You're gonna say the tree fell.
Speaker 3: On the boy, and that's what I thought, so too killed the whole family.
Speaker 2: That was kind of unbelievable.
Speaker 3: They changed the story.
Speaker 2: Due I didn't tell my story. I literally read it. Well, okay, I watch it on TikTok, so there's I read the words as it one on TikTok. But I get all these weird conspiracy things on TikTok. Now, like I'm watched like two of them, and all of a sudden, my algorithm feeds me NonStop, wait till you here about Antarctica. What the people that are living in the whole Antarctica? Man, I don't know it's on there. Come on.
Speaker 7: Henry Ziegland, a farmer, died after using dynamite to cut down a tree on June fifth, nineteen o three, as the tree was too thick to cut down with an axe, and doing so, a bullet that was preserved in the tree was simple by the velocity the explosion in the head killed killing him.
Speaker 2: Said they're taking the tree down, don't Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I forgot that part.
Speaker 6: But the whole part was the bullet, the velocity through a dynamite, the bullets that.
Speaker 2: Was originally shot at him and missed ended up. Okay, that's crazy hitting him, killing him, that's crazy. That's a real story. I can't believe it myself. Now. Look up people living in it in the ice in Antarctica like an underworld.
Speaker 3: What underwear under under the ice?
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't say they're human. Oh I saw this on TikTok too, like type Antarctica, people living in a hole or something like that, like underground. So it's on TikTok has got to be true. It's kind of how I see it now, TikTok's and New Wikipedia. It's the truest thing there is. It can't possibly be wrong. Go ahead, nothing on that one. Okay, maybe that one's not true? All right? Good?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I need about this on a dog game. No, I think we should let this go.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it out.
Speaker 3: Or what if the doll it helps you win the lottery?
Speaker 2: It could protect you? What if that is the key? No, I've already had a doll. But if you carry this all around, it says that if it all likes you, it does protect you and make good things happen.
Speaker 8: So carry it with you to the gas station.
Speaker 3: Let the doll pick out the ticket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, what was the guy's birthday? Use his numbers as the.
Speaker 2: Now you're kind of thinking, Amy, Okay, all right, let's go. Everybody come together here we are raising money to build Sergeant Daniel Besting a home. His home was washed away in the hurricane he served. He's been on mini tours, he's in the Middle East. He has tons of injuries physical and mental. And you can hear or you can see a lot of these bobbybones dot com. Even the PTSD that he deals with.
Speaker 11: There's plenty of times when he came home that a car would backfire or the lmarm we live on, and so they were to have like sirens go off every so often for trainings that he would grab.
Speaker 8: Us and throw us under the table, thinking it was a missile alarm going off.
Speaker 11: You kind of dealt with it and just constantly said it's okay.
Speaker 2: You're home. That's his wife talking about struggles that they go through still. But if you go to bobbybones dot com, we have a lot of our Pimp and Joy collection T shirts, hats, hoodies, fantastic stuff. I saw somebody wearing something today who walked into Pimajoy Shirtarlier I saw who kick off Kevin kick off? Kevin had one looking good too, So go and all the money goes to help build Sergeant Daniel Beesting house one for his needs. You know, he has been injured, has gone through so much in the Middle East, serving even when he's working here in the States, like in Alaska when he was up there. Here's a clip of him talking about all his injuries.
Speaker 9: I broke my spine while I was in Alaska. I had to have multiple foot surgeries from my feet got deformed from all the running on concrete, nine pieces of metal in my right foot, six pieces of metal in my left foot, part of my left calf ripped off, and I've had twenty something tendon surgeries.
Speaker 2: So you can help. Go to Bobbybones dot com. We don't keep any of the money from this line, and it'd be super cool if you did. I think you liked stuff, and I think you'll also be helping out someone. So bobbybones dot com.
Speaker 8: Pile of stories.
Speaker 4: You know the saying money can't buy happiness, which I know is debatable, but here's the thing.
Speaker 8: Happiness can equal more money for you.
Speaker 4: And this whole study was done talking about how happier people like people that sit down and make a conscious effort to just be happier regardless of circumstances. This leads them to more money, better relationships, more success in life.
Speaker 8: And this is coming from a happiness trainer, which those exist.
Speaker 2: Let me be your happiness trainer that you don't have to pay if you do something that you like. This is just a natural evolution. If you do something that you like, let's say love. You do something that you love and it makes you happy, you are obviously going to be passionate about it and then be better at it because you love doing it. When you get better at it, you then are rewarded with promotions, raises. If that is your goal, moving to a better place, it could be many of things. So the more you do something you love, the better you get at it, the more rewarded you are for it. And if that reward is money, then that makes sense. I would say this job. There is absolutely no money in a job like this, none, But I loved it. I pursued it, and because I loved it, I worked hard at it, worked fit ten twelve thirteen years, no money scraping by, But because I loved it so much, I work so hard at it and now look at me. I don't know if that means, but.
Speaker 3: Look at me here.
Speaker 2: I am also well.
Speaker 4: Even in those moments of the struggle, or if you're at a job like this, you're not loving necessarily in the moment, choosing happiness will help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have trouble with that when I'm not happy, just going you know what, I choose it. I think it's a lot easier to say, but I felt that I got there.
Speaker 8: It was just a new study, all right.
Speaker 4: So there's a study that was also done on longevity healthy aging, and they said, of course your mental well being plays a role in that, but a close second to that was cheese consumption.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the cheese factory or cheese dot com or something. No chances is real.
Speaker 8: Well they're not talking about cheese its or anything like that, but like good cheese, No, no cheese, cheese.
Speaker 2: I love cheese. There's no chance that happiness is first, and a close second cheese maybe like thirteenth and only some cheese, but no chance, that's a close second. I say genetics is first, and then all the other stuff, happiness, diet, blah blah blah, not standing in the middle of the road and then cheese, cheese.
Speaker 8: In your diet, Macon butter.
Speaker 4: Which speaking of butter, I saw that that's one of the summer colors because like Haley b it's been wearing it a lot, and Sabrina Carpenter, it's called butter yellow.
Speaker 2: It's called I've worn this white T shirt way too many times and through the wash it's now become butter colored.
Speaker 8: That's a great way to describe butter yellow.
Speaker 2: I think the shirt I have on now, which is a cake T shirt, it's an old cake T shirt. I think this shirt was white at one point. Is that your shirt or did you buy it like that? I think I've bought it a long time ago, but I think I also bought it from a threst store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's butter yellow.
Speaker 2: It's probably like half butter for me, half butter for them.
Speaker 3: But I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm in with the times.
Speaker 4: No a lot of the you can buy them new new clothes that are butter yellow. Like some of the popular clothing websites are saying ninety eight percent for butter yellow has gone up in the search engine like that high.
Speaker 2: Most of my white stuff is butter So I'm trending big time? Is that it?
Speaker 8: I'm Amy? That's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 8: How much box?
Speaker 7: Vindy Jordan stops at the gas station in White Settlement, Texas, and she's getting some gatorade, some snacks, and she sees this woman at the ATM crying on a FaceTime call, shoving one hundred dollar bills in the ATM. Frantic, and she's like, man, this doesn't seem right because the guy's telling her, Hey, you need to do this, press this button. So she calls nine one one. She goes, hey, I think this lady's getting scammed over here at the gas station. You need to send an officer quick. An officer came over and stopped the lady. She had withdrawn forty thousand dollars and was putting it in the ATM.
Speaker 2: It was all a scam. How is she putting money in the ATM?
Speaker 7: It was a bitcoin ATM. And this is what scammers doing. They tell you you go withdraw the money and then you go to this certain ATM. And so far she had put in twenty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put I used to put money in, but I put in an envelope, OR'd be a checker cash, but it was never like put one hundred. But if it's a bitcoin ATM, I'm sure that takes cash cash, yes, because it turns it into bitcoin.
Speaker 7: And so then the scammer gets the forty thousand dollars and bitcoin and never get it back. This lady had already put in twenty three thousand dollars, but the cop was able to contact the owner of the ATM stop everything.
Speaker 2: She got her money.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the scammers are telling her to, like make her feed the ATM? Like she was crying. It must have been something really really bad.
Speaker 8: Maybe they had yeah we kidding, you didn't.
Speaker 2: Get in a video you missed the loser.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: But they just said go to the ATM, or go to the bank, get forty thousand dollars, go to this ATM and.
Speaker 2: Put it in. The point is, if you see something, say something right, Yeah, but this, I mean, he wants me to a bitcoin ATM. Now he's looking it up. Where can I go to a bitcoin ATM? I don't even know what that is. I've never seen one, I don't think. I mean, how do they unless there's like an ATM and that's bitcoin an option as well, but I've never seen that night and maybe upgraded. Okay, there you go. Good story, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. You can go to a podcast to or you can wait till podcast two comes out. Thank you all This is me letting you know because of all the messages that this is the end of the first half of the podcast. Thank you all right, This is the end of the first half of the podcast.