Speaker 1: Hey, folks, real quick, if you live in New York City, I am hosting a little premiere of my new travel documentary about walking around Ukraine as a Gecko next Tuesday, April twenty eighth, at seven point thirty pm. The premiere is gonna be followed by a Q and A with me and my pal Roman, who helped me make the video. He's gonna join us via zoom from Ukraine, and it's gonna be a really fun and cool event. There's about seventy seats available. The tickets are gonna be pay what you want. It all goes to charity, and you can get more information at the link in the episode description. I am very proud of this video. I've been working very hard on it. I think it's pretty sweet and if you live in New York you should definitely come to the premiere. It's gonna be a lot of fun. But also if you can't come, I will be putting the full documentary on my YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash lyle forever on April twenty ninth. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the therapy, Get go? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 2: This is d what's up? All right? Well, I got left by my wife with the.
Speaker 3: One point one and a half year old, and my best friend, lifelong best friend, was telling me to not stay with this woman and actually left wild, crazy voicemails trying to save me from her. And now I'm completely screwed. I'm in an apartment I can't afford, and I'm gonna not be able to see my.
Speaker 2: Child and things aren't going well.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you called the therapy gecko.
Speaker 2: How are things with you?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I thought you would think that was funny. Hmm, Okay, so you said that your best friend went nuts leaving voicemails to you trying to help you get out of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knew that this girl was a demonic, crazy bitch and uh, I was gonna end up ruining my life. And I actually left out an important part. The woman I'm seeing, we'll call her k Uh. She she she purposely stopped taking birth control to uh to get knocked up really and uh yeah, and she ended up lying to me and saying that that's some antibiotic that I was taking. Uh ended up offsetting the uh the birth control.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she she had winked me.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, how old are you.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven? I know your callers are a buch younger.
Speaker 1: They're all over the place. So they're all over the place. They're all over the place. And your name is your name? One more time?
Speaker 2: D d?
Speaker 1: Okay, when did you meet this lady? How long did you know her for?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I met her right after covid off of a dating app.
Speaker 3: A little dairy girl moved here to Florida and didn't have any friends, and.
Speaker 2: I thought it would be a good idea to shack up with her. But it's been living hell.
Speaker 3: She has two dogs that pe and shit in the house all the time, and that's a nice break not having them around anymore.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So all right, so where are you right now? You're gonna you said you're in a house you can't afford. Who's who lives in this house?
Speaker 3: Well, it was me and Kay with the dogs and the child. And uh now she just packed up all her stuff and left. So I'm not really sure how we're gonna make things work around here.
Speaker 2: Might have to go move back with mom.
Speaker 1: And uh so you're calling me from this house right now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And who is is? Are you alone in the house? Are the dogs there?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I'm alone.
Speaker 1: Okay. So she took the dogs, dogs and the kid your kid, okay. And you have no idea when when did when did she leave?
Speaker 2: About ten days ago?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 1: And you have no idea where she is?
Speaker 3: Uh, she's somewhere in the near area trying to get me to help pay for her new apartment as well. It's quite a dilemma here. Yeah, I actually have gotten through it a little bit. Listening to your other callers, I think they spend a little bit worse time than me, So I feel better about myself.
Speaker 1: Can I ask who you were listening to? I'm suck. Can I ask who you were listening to where you were like? Well, at least I'm not that guy.
Speaker 3: Honestly, the million Little Fibers guy was the one who really got my my chain.
Speaker 2: Yanks. That was one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 3: And I'm an avid South Park fan and I never knew that that.
Speaker 2: Was the spoof of the book. So thanks for the history.
Speaker 1: Lesson interesting hmm. Okay, so I forgot that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I forgot to mention that my mother was so desperate for a grandchild that she sent down her wedding ring from Central Florida to to force me to ask her to marry her. So this girl was actively asking me for weeks to ask her to marry her, and she wasn't really the true love of my life. But I just kind of felt stuck.
Speaker 1: Hmm, what was going on with you before you met this lady that kind of left you susceptible to going down that path.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've really had long relationships with women before, so I think when she showed a genuine interest, I know was caught back and you know, thought this was something that I should pursue and stay with. But like I told my best friend, she wasn't my forever love, and you know, I didn't really like love her as much as I thought I would for a wife or someone who's gonna have my kid. And you know, now I'm in such a big mess now I don't really know how to get through it except listen to your podcast.
Speaker 4: M.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it was kind of a thing of like. So it was a thing of like throughout your life, you didn't have many other opportunities for like a long term relationship, and then a lady comes along and you're kind of like, well, fucking finally, like here's an opportunity, let's go for it type of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: I thought, like, you know, I'm getting older in life, I need to settle down.
Speaker 2: I need to you know, figure it out.
Speaker 3: Have you know, a family and life and stuff and juggling jobs. Trying to figure it all out hasn't been easy and just not in a great mental space.
Speaker 1: You met this lady, Okay, so you're thirty seven. You met this lady when you were like thirty one, about six years ago. Yeah, and what was your Okay, so what was your relationship like? Because this was because this isn't like, uh, you've been you've been connected with this woman for a fairly long time, like five years. Like I assume it didn't like start out all fucked up and crazy, Like, how how did it? How do you think it like progressed to this point?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, I think I kind of just tolerated it for a long period of time, you know. I mean she was always starting fights with my friends and always making them apologize for their behavior, when in reality, it.
Speaker 2: Was her behavior that was bad. And she's just a real toxic person.
Speaker 3: I don't know why the fuck I stayed around as long as I did, probably because I was just lonely and sad.
Speaker 2: But man, I should have listened to my best friend. He was right.
Speaker 3: Man, he was trying to get me to leave her and.
Speaker 2: And not do this.
Speaker 3: And you know, I love my daughter, and uh that's the one shining thing about this. But man, I'm in a I'm in a.
Speaker 2: Real, uh real conundrum the way. Yeah, I'm into Florida. Yeah, you have something against Florida.
Speaker 1: Dude, I uh uh I ship we talked to a previous color I don't know where I'll put it in the episode, but uh, I might I might have to add I might have to add a South Florida date. We'll see what's up. We'll see if if enough people want to come. But but anyway, enough enough about my tour. Fucking uh, tell me about the like, tell me about the relationship must have had, even in like a toxic relationship, right, it must have had times where it was like really good? Right, Like what did that? What did that look like when it was good? I'm curious.
Speaker 3: You know little dice love notes fit the house, you know, nice romantic dinners, you know, just things that made my heart.
Speaker 2: You know, gliver with joy, and I thought that, you know, this was going to be what it was.
Speaker 3: Forever and really in reality, she's just in controlling bitch that controlled my every move and every thought and ran lots of my friends away and just completely as train wrecked my whole life the last seventy five days or fifty days or whatever it's been. It's not been easy. Never thought I would be in the predicament where she'd leave me.
Speaker 1: Interesting, when did you first start noticing that, like you felt like you're being controlled?
Speaker 3: About the time I figured out that she went to go steal her sister's baby shower with the announcement that she was pregnant herself.
Speaker 1: WHOA, And you didn't know? But you didn't You didn't fucking know that she was like this baby was this? Was there a conversation about like, yo, let's have a baby, or like she just kinda sprung it on you, Like.
Speaker 3: What I mean, we weren't really in the financial predicament to have a baby, and we were thinking we would have a baby down the road, but this was pretty much forced on us.
Speaker 2: And uh, I mean not a good predicament. I'm happy to be a dad, you know, but she wasn't. She wasn't kind to the uh the talk about Petros.
Speaker 3: Possibly having a damn it, what is the word I'm thinking of right now? Well, I probably have like a fifth grade education right now?
Speaker 2: An abortion? There you go. Yeah, she didn't want one of those. Mm hmmm. And uh that caused quite a rift too, and so we just went through with it. By the way, do you ever edit? Do you ever edit parts of your episodes? There?
Speaker 1: Just like just usually just the part where I tell the caller to take the phone. Okay, got you off the thing? Why do you I mean? Is it I'm I'm gonna like Is it okay that I make our conversation into a podcast?
Speaker 2: Yes? I would actually love that, Okay, I was just curious.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool? What the fun say?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know. I have many more things about this situation to talk to you about. Hmm okay. But you like being a dad. You're proud of being a dad? Yes, okay, so proud of being a dad. And uh this up. You said you're in this apartment that costs too much money?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you buy it or did you rent it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: We're just renting everything at South Florida.
Speaker 3: If you're not a millionaire.
Speaker 1: You're renting, okay, And how long is the lease that you signed?
Speaker 3: We just signed it about two months ago, so if I break it, I'm gonna throw away several grand a monks.
Speaker 2: Trying to find a place to put a roof over.
Speaker 3: My head as well as trying to stay somewhat close to see my daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to oscillate between like my instinct to offer solutions versus my instinct to continue to interview you about the scope of the situation. Which would you buy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to know how to first approach like getting my best friend back.
Speaker 2: Because I completely wrote him off and.
Speaker 3: Like literally wrote him a letter of like, you know, we're done, Like see you later.
Speaker 2: Have a nice life type deal you did?
Speaker 1: You wrote him? Whoa okay? Okay, so you're so your homie was like looking out for you. He was trying to be like yo, this woman is like not good for you, and you wrote him back being like you know, fuck you, we're done, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I completely wrote him off in a really bad time after his dad just died.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 3: He was trying he was trying to get me to move up to be with him near him. We were actually working together at the time, and uh, he was trying to get me to leave the lady and I just didn't do it, and I should have did it. And the guy was having a really hard time, he was having anxiety attacks and you know, all kinds of stuff and just losing his dad out of nowhere, and uh, I should have been a little better to him.
Speaker 1: Have you tried calling him?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually just started reaching back out to him, And uh I told the ex who he left crazy voicemails too. And now she's at the point where she might not even want to talk to me anymore. Now she thinks it's a complete betrayal that I'm talking to him again.
Speaker 1: What wait?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Okay, well wait, let's okay, one thing at a time here. So have you been Have you been able to get back in touch with your friend?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've texted him sporadically.
Speaker 2: And you and you told him right and that I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. And you told him all the things that you just said to me, Yes, yes, And and did he respond uh?
Speaker 2: Yes. Uh, He's he's been open and nice. Uh. He says he's been treading lightly because uh, he feels that, like you, I would have not reached out to him ever if you she didn't leave, And I think that's kind of a good point. I probably should have touched.
Speaker 3: Base for them sometime in between that between now and then, but it was just a nasty ending, so I kind of had to stay on her good side and not you know, reach out to him.
Speaker 1: Dude, your friend sounds like a really good dude.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He's the best friend I could ever ask for. He actually he took down four friends in the process. He went completely nuts when he found out that she was pregnant. He was calling her saying that he hoodwinked me and she tricked me and all of these things, and he had incredible foresight. He's a great friend. Hopefully I could win him back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it is genuine. It's very uh, I don't know if I don't know what the word for it is, but just the fact that, like, you know, you guys are in your like late thirties, and your friend still has like this strong amount of investment in your in your life going, well, like that's a really really close relationship. How long have you been friends with this guy?
Speaker 3: I met him at a baseball camp when I was like fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, that's a real Well have you got to see him in person since this all went down.
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to figure out my life arrangements here the last week or so, but I'm planning on trying.
Speaker 2: To make a trip to him if he's open to see me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, And so then you, but you've also you've been in contact with your ex. Where where is she?
Speaker 3: She's somewhere near town because she's she's got a job up the street. But I'm not I'm not really too sure. She hasn't invited me over for crumpets, and so, uh, I'm not too sure honestly.
Speaker 1: Okay, but she has your like kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, So.
Speaker 3: The two times I've been able to see her since she's left, she's brought her to my apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, So you okay, so you this is not like okay, the way you the way you made it sound was that she like left town without a trace and whatnot. But you've seen her in the last ten days.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Well you talk occasionally, you know, check up on the daughter, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But okay, okay, okay, social life is going.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, wait, this is That's that makes the situation significantly less dire than I thought, the fact that you're still like, so, she's she's not like cutting you off from your kid.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that would probably be like kidnapping. But yeah, no, she hasn't.
Speaker 3: She probably will, but with due time, probably just trying to get what left out.
Speaker 2: Of me she can.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, hmm, what.
Speaker 3: Do you think about the whole thing? Her her announcing that she was pregnant at her.
Speaker 2: Sister's uh baby shower? What what? What kind of human does something like that?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's probably you want to let the let the person whose thing it is have the attention for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's pretty rotten. I think.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see. Okay, so now you're in a situation where you're like, all right, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say randomly if you were still in Japan.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm somewhere in the universe.
Speaker 2: But you're okay, you're.
Speaker 1: So you're in this house and you're like, fuck, am I gonna pay for this? Can you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I'm trying I'm thinking about a contingency plan for you, like what's next, right, Well, you probably should. You probably have to get your fucking like legal ship a bit a bit air tight. I know that's tough. Hmm hmm. Yeah, you're gonna have to get some legal shit going to make sure that like your your ex doesn't like kidnap your child, although it is illegal to do in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they have they have a really good highway system here where they have different alerts. They put them on the boards and stuff, so she'd get tracked down pretty quick if that happened.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, all right, So so the idea, so it's not super easy for her to just like kidnap your kid, no, no way, okay. And but you got and also you guys are still communicating, so you can. And she also she lives in South Florida with you, not like with you with you, but she lives in the same place as you. Yeah, okay, all right, that makes life a lot easier. And she's got like roots in South Carolina. And that's she's got like roots in South Florida. She's not gonna like go to you know, France or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well another red flag. Boy, she doesn't really have a whole lot of friends. She's actually from Mississippi. Funny thing is uh, at our engagement party, none of her friends showed up. It was only my one friend. He tried to save me. By the way, it was a it was a small event. Uh, but yeah, that was that was a sign that Yeah. But so yeah, your question was, No, she's.
Speaker 2: Not from South Florida and she doesn't really have many roots here, so yeah, she might be going back to Mississippi. You never know. Mm hmmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Uh well, Okay, as far as the apartment goes, how many rooms are in it just too just too Did you get a roommate?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I haven't really thought about that yet. Probably should.
Speaker 3: Do you think I should put like a Craigslist out or something sad lowly bad in quick need of a roommate?
Speaker 2: What do you think I should put out there?
Speaker 1: I think sad loaly man and quick need of a roommate could be an appealing offer. You can get a roommate. That could be fun. That would at least I think that's would that could at least that would at least ease the financial burden of like being in this house by yourself, like a long time. Yeah, it would buy some time to like get out of the lease and like figure your shit out.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of stuff to try to juggle that once. Haven't been sleeping very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. What do you what do you do you? What do you do for work?
Speaker 2: I'm in between jobs right now. I uh, I'm in the insurance world. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: They keep changing the rules after hurricanes come through here. So kind of a hard business to be in.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess as far as like, yeah, definitely getting a roommate for the place. Sounds like your buddy. Your buddy sounds like he's open to the fact that you're in communication with him is good. The fact that he's like willing to uh like work shit out with you. You know, it doesn't sound like he's gone.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think he's gone, but it's hard for me to like, uh, he just he thinks that you'd okay, is such a demon.
Speaker 2: It's hard for him to, like, I think, feel the love back right away, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but that related. But that relationship sounds like it's both repairable and worth repairing, and you sound like you care about him, so I'm sure that I'm sure that over time that relationship will will naturally heal. You sound like you care about you sound like you care a lot about your daughter, So I think naturally you will find a way to be in her life. Uh. It sounds like there's hopefully decent protective measures such that, uh, you know your ex can't like kidnap your kid. You can get a roommate to offset the cost of the crazy apartment. I guess this is after explaining I guess just like from an outsider perspective, after listening to your to your tail, these are these are kind of the little like paths forward that I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Gek, I really appreciate the uh the spreadsheet for self improvement.
Speaker 2: I think, Uh, I think I'm on the road to recovery. Yeah, man, m hm, And your podcast is help. It's a lot too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Really, you have a great talent. Oh.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, I'm really happy that you could listen to it. I'm really happy to provide a platform where, uh, where people can listen to other people's lives and be like, well, at least at least my life isn't that isn't as bad as this person's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like I don't want to like go off of that, you know, because it's not fun to like envy in people's ship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: No, No, there's a word. There is no perspective. No, I'm just being silly. There is a word for that. It's called shawd and fraya. It's a German word. Did you know that? No, that's let me look this up. How the funks are I? I spell this shut shut in fraud? Oh yeah, there's a word for this. Oh okay. Shot and freud is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self satisfaction that comes from witnessing the troubles or failures of another person. Yeah. So it's like feeling pleasure that at least your life is not as bad as someone else's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And more so, I think it gives you like perspective.
Speaker 3: And like gratitude, Like when you're feeling down and stuff, you're like, well, I can still make it work, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, people figure out how to make it work somehow. Somehow, people figure out how to make it work.
Speaker 2: You just need a little therapy from a get.
Speaker 1: Goo nah man, you gotta you know, I mean, see a real therapist if you can't. But I'm happy to talk through all this with you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Is there any other before before we end? Is there any other aspect of this that you wanted to talk through or talk about or anything like that.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think here, not really, I just want to win my friend back and uh get him involved in my daughter's life and not have him despise my daughter even though he's half of my demon x or.
Speaker 1: I don't think your friend's going to despise your daughter. Your daughter is just a fucking kid, dude. If your friend your friends, your friend seems like a nice guy, I think he's not the kind He's not. He's not gonna despise an innocent two year old girl for no reason.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's a good point. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I give that ship some time, but I think I think the homies will veil.
Speaker 2: Thanks Kak, I love you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Make your ways off Florida if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: D uh? Now, just that, Uh, you're a sensation that's taking.
Speaker 2: Off, and uh, thanks, I'm excited to see where you go in the near future. Man. Nice talking to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you It was nice talking to you too. You take care, good luck. Man, all right, easy see you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? What's up?
Speaker 4: Holy fucking shit? Is this lyld?
Speaker 1: It is? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: I did not expect to fucking come on.
Speaker 1: My name is Danny, Danny, what's going on? Danny has life?
Speaker 2: Life is.
Speaker 1: I guess life is kind of chilling. I guess why is life kind of chilling?
Speaker 4: I mean my work is she retail job, so that's always great. And I just started school again, so I'm like buried in the books right now.
Speaker 1: You texted me and you said, I think I am cursed when it comes to making friends with girls, And I don't know if I want to continue my current friendship. Why do you Why do you feel cursed?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna use a different name for my friend. So a little background. I used to have a friend. I'll call her Jenny. She was like my super close friend at my work back home. Fy, I like moved to this like new area like three years ago. But yeah, so like we became close friends and like she was a mom of two, and like I was like super fun hanging out with her. And then the friendship turned a little sideways. When she was like going through like a lot of personal shit in her marriage. Basically her husband was like a piece of shit. So I was like there to help her through they're like tough times, like helping her pick up her kids while she was like at work and you know, just trying to be a supportive friend. So then before I moved, like our friendship got really weird because we bought in another friend to like with with our friend group, and so like they were close, but then we, like me and the new girl, we started to become close, and I guess that like bothered her really badly.
Speaker 1: So like, friend, your friend, your friend is, your friend was bothered by you becoming friends with someone else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why, I don't know. It was just like really weird. I don't know if it's because like we were like chilling and vibed while like her life was kind of kind of going through the shitter a little.
Speaker 1: Your friend your friend's like your friend is married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she she's married.
Speaker 1: How old are you are? All you guys?
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I just turned thirty. She's like a couple of years older than me. Like I want to say she's like thirty, Like she was thirty one or thirty two. And then the new girl she's like say, like basically around the same age, like me and her are like pretty much almost thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, So your friend's life is falling apart and you're kind of like her rock for this for her life falling apart. Yeah yeah, okay okay, and then you wait, both of you were Wait, both you and the new girl were were like her rock for her life falling apart.
Speaker 4: Pretty much like me and the new girl. We were there for her when like her husband was, uh well, I mean it doesn't fucking matter, we're not friends anymore. But like basically her husband like hit her.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, yeah, like and.
Speaker 4: The fun and the super fucked up part was like he did that like on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's I think the hitting is the more fucked up part.
Speaker 4: But I think, yes, yeah, I mean it definitely was, like and she didn't like do anything for her Valentine's Day, so like I bought her like a box of chocolate because she's like my best friend, so it's like here you go. So yeah, it was it was all suck dope.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you are friend, Okay, Okay, so this new lady comes into your dynamic and then the new friend and you are are helping out this friend who's going through a real tough time, okay, and then at some point you start becoming closer with the new person and this friend starts getting like jealous that you and this new girl are like hanging out more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she like her since her husband was like a piece of shit, like he would not let her go and hang out with us. Yeah, because of how possessive he was. So that's why, Like she was also kind of like pissed off because she's dealing with him. And then like her kids, and she moved from Wednesday to another so she didn't really have like family around. So pretty much like yeah, like we were, we were her walk too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you and new girl are in one state. Then this lady and her abusive boyfriend they moved to a different state. And then so she so this new girl is kind of like isolated while you and the new girl are like hanging out.
Speaker 4: Yes, and no, like she she moved from Utah to California. Yeah, so yeah, so all of her family's in Utah and she doesn't have anybody out here in California except for like her husband and his family.
Speaker 1: You know that's funny. Okay, so you didn't hear Okay, how do I say this? It's interesting because okay, just to tie everything together, it's interesting because like, yeah, I mean, you guys are like thirty right, like you're all on your own. You're all you're all you all have your own arcs, and you all have your own lives pretty much, and and there's like not like I really feel like I really feel for your friend, and it sounds like she was just going through like some crazy ass shit and like but it sounds like friends going through like some crazy at ship. But it's not your fault that she's going through some crazy ass shit, and it's she can't just be like I'm going through this tough thing and you're not there for me and you're it's like it's like, oh, it's like there's only so much that you can do, like you have your own life, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plus like I was still going to college. Well like Gilly with all every shit too.
Speaker 1: You didn't he'll get the title that you didn't hear this other call, but the previous caller earlier in the episode, like his friend was like Bay was like begging, texting him, trying to get out of a like similarly toxic relationship. And they were also like in their thirties, and I found that to be interested like that friend kind of feel like I feel like they went like a little above and beyond to you know, do that. It's it's very but like it it's not your like this woman's life is not like your responsibility, you Knowah, I mean it's also but it sounds like you were, yeah, you were trying to be supportive at the end of the day, like well there's there's only so much that you can do, you know. Yeah, And it's like it's the fact that she's like blaming you for this ship and being like, oh, you weren't good enough, Like that's wild to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I feel for.
Speaker 1: Her, but that's still that's wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Make any sense like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, like fast forward after moving to like this new part of California and that I'm currently in, so our new friend she came out to visit me with her boyfriend, and I like posted a picture of all of us together on social media and then so, uh, what the fuck did I call her?
Speaker 2: Jenny?
Speaker 4: So, Jenny like messaged us and snapchat and was like, what the fuck like you guys like fuck basically told us like we fucking suck as friends and like because she was jealous that like me and the new girl were able to like hang out and visit each other. Yeah, and so like I yeah, so like I called her out on her ship. I was like, what the fuck is wrong with you? Like, I don't know what I did, And to be honest, it doesn't feel like you're like my friend. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she's got her her life is fucked up, and she's gotta like I mean, she's got to leave that round. I I who knows. I'm not talking to her, so I don't want to like comment too much on like with I don't know what her full I don't know what her fucking full deal is or like what's preventing her from like leaving that relationship and like moving on with her life. I don't. I don't really know. But it's not your it's not she can't like make it your responsibility. Like she's got like she's fucking like thirty something and she's got to like handle her shit, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Like I try to like show her like different like women like women, childs and stuff, because it was mainly financial. That's why like she had to stay with her husband because he like basically won't make you all the money. But a yeah, So like she message just and like was like what the fuck blah blah blah, And then I told her, like, well, it doesn't feel like you're my friend anymore. And then she like proceeds to tell me like we're not friends and I'm tired of like carrying all of your baggage, and it's like, what the what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like, nah, this this lady, listen, here's true truth, Like here's this lady is like I feel I feel bad. I feel bad for her because she's clearly like she's clearly like I feel bad for because she's clearly like in this situation where she feels like she has like no one and nothing and no control and like she's like and for some reason she's choosing to like lash out at like someone who's like trying to fucking help her, Like you're setting you're like sending her these shelters. You're like like you trying to fucking help her, and her life is just so out of control and she's just like she just needs someone to like blame and lash out at. And that's and she's choosing you. And like, listen, if you want to, and I genuine like, if you want to be the bigger person, if you want to be the biggest you know, look, you you you can live your life. How are you on right? If you want to be the bigger person. What you can do is be like, listen, I can't like you. You can't treat me like this, Like you can't lash out at me. I know that your life is like fucked up and whatever, just so you know we're still good. Like whenever you figure out your shit, like go to the shelter, like whenever you figure out your shit, right, whenever you leave this guy and you can figure out your sh like I know that there's whenever you figure out your shit, just so you know, I'm here. Whenever you're ready to send that text being like, hey, I'm sorry I was in this horrible situation. I shouldn't have lashed out at you. I was wrong. Let's be friends again, just so you know. Whenever you send me that text, bring her in, let's all go to the water park together. You, me, the other girl will hang out. It'll be great. Just so you know, whenever you're ready to do that, I'm here. If you want to be the bigger person, you let her know that. Whenever you're ready that whenever she's ready, you're there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But until then, if our whole thing is you getting pissed off at me because your life sucks, don't want any part of that. But when you figure out your ship, I'm here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's go ahead. The only problem is like when I did want to like ask her, like what the fuck her issue was, she like blocked me and the new girl.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Yeah that's not an issue. Yeah, that's not an issue.
Speaker 8: No, because I was still this this.
Speaker 1: Let this again. If you want to be like the bigger person, like, let this person block you and do all this stuff, and if you really want you can be like I mean, you don't have to say any of this. This is just like mentally for you, it is like listen, when you're ready, I'm here. But until then, like I'm not gonna I have no mental space for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, pretty much. But like after that, I've been vibeing, I've been chilling, like no contact with her, and yeah, so it's it's been, it's been okay, But fast forward to currently there's more. Yeah, because I was just giving you a little insight of like a girl named Jenny like that I was friends with before, and now I have another girl with the same name going through almost kind of the same kind of ship.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, So so just take every take, okay, So just take take everything I said over the course of this call and just pretend like I said it again to this lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with this one, it's a little different. So she so, this new girl, Jenny that I'm friends with currently, So she also went through like kind of kind of some fucked up ship as well, like she got fired from our job out of fucking nowhere, and then her girlfriend, I guess she found out she on her.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then why why why is it? Why is this different? U skip to the that part.
Speaker 4: So skipping to this part. She's like a little bit mentally unstables, like she literally has been submitted into the like psych ward like twice within this month.
Speaker 1: I ask again, why is this different?
Speaker 4: Because this time, like we're still friends, but like her current situation is just like what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Because you know, Danny, Danny, Danny, I actually I don't Danny. Actually I actually don't need to hear about this other friend. I just am going to tell you this, Like, Danny, listen, you can you can have a peaceful life if you really want to. Like, it's okay, dude, It's okay, Danny, if you if you want to just choose piece, Like it's okay, dude, Like you could do it.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to feel bad about about uh, just fucking picking peace, you know what I mean. I mean you're like you're you're like thirty now, you know what I mean. Like you know, it's not like you're it's like you've been like assigned a seat next to this person in fucking science class or whatever. Like you can, Yeah, you can pick and choose like what you want into your existence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I it just sucks because the whole going back to like I feel like I'm cursed is because what.
Speaker 1: About the new ga way, what about the other girl? What about the new girl? The new girls and you are chilling?
Speaker 2: What about her?
Speaker 8: Like were we are chilling, but it's just like her, like the decision she's making right now, Like I'm just like, what the girl, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 4: Like, no, you shouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait wit is she? What is she? What?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 4: So? Like she Okay, So, after like her two months of breakdowns, she is like.
Speaker 1: Wait, the new girl, this is the new girl. Okay, yeah, wait the new Wait the new girl and the mentally ill girl are the same people.
Speaker 4: No, they're two different people, but they have the same fucking name. Okay, yeah, which is really really fucking weird. But yeah, with this one, she like she still hasn't found a job. She got kicked out of her her roommate's place because after her like episode, she like just wretched it and they were like, yeah, we can't we can't keep you.
Speaker 1: Here, Danny, Danny. Yes, I'm gonna I'm gonna attempt to simplify this and I'm just gonna tell you, like, listen, Yeah, you're you're you're entitled to have peace if that's what you so choose, and you you're you're also entitled to make your decisions about uh, whether or not the people around you are bringing you peace or anguish and you can do that without without you know, guilt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just is like I know it can keep my peace, but it's just like I don't know if I want to continue this this friendship currently that I have because like pretty much like the Big hickor is.
Speaker 4: She got pregnant and now she's like excited. Oh, like I want you guys to throw a baby shower and I'm so excited blah blah blah. But it's just so hard to supportive with all the crazy ship that she's been through literally within like a month.
Speaker 1: I want you guys to throw a baby shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like she wants us to throw a baby shower for her.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't what do you? What do you hear? Fucking assistant.
Speaker 4: Right like we're like we're good friends.
Speaker 1: But no, that's stupid. This this person I that's that slame, Like yeah, this you're not her assistant or like her boyfriend or like no, I don't, I don't. I don't like this.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not really supportive of of her pregnancy because of like all the ship that she that she just went through, and then on top of that, like she's finishing up school as well, and the current boyfriend that she has, like they've literally been dating less less than a month and they're already pregnant.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like I don't have you. I don't do you know you you you keep you keep running into this thing where like everyone is like sort of like demanding that you be responsible for various things in their life.
Speaker 2: It's just more like.
Speaker 4: I just I just want normal friendship.
Speaker 1: I just know this is not normal, and like you can, and.
Speaker 4: I feel like and I can. I know that I can, but like it just feels like I'm cursed because when I try to make these sounds, it's like something happens or ship hits the fan, and I'm like what the fuck, Like why And like me and the new new girl that were like still friends. I was telling her about this situation and she goes, dude, you just attract like crazy, like all the crazy bitches. I'm like, I don't try to, Like, I just I just want to be friends with like people that I can go shoot the shit with and go eat like whatever the fucking just hang out and laugh. But it's like all their shit just somehow ends up like being a part of my life in like a small kind of way.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm going to tell you the thing that I tell like literally everybody on this fucking podcast, which is that like you need to join a community of people because what you really need are like a bunch of acquaintances, and then from those acquaintances, you will naturally select whom you become closer with, as opposed to like being locked in these like kind of insane like one on one friendships.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I feel like that's that's like part of the problem too, with like making friends in your thirties, like because like I never really had like close knit friends because I was like bullied a lot when I was in middle school, and so like it kind of made me like it's like be afraid to have friends. So like that's why, like I'm very careful with like who I want to have in my life. And it just feels like when I do feel like I have people who I feel like I can trust, like some some weird fucking thing always happens and it's like, well, fuck, like do I even do I even have a friend? Do I even want to continue this friendship? So like pretty much why that's what I'm saying, Like I feel like I'm fucking cursed because I feel like I can never have like a genuine friendship.
Speaker 1: That's not true. I think you just need to look in different places. Where did you meet these people?
Speaker 4: Work?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you do outside of work? I'm about to give you the same spiel I give I've given eight billion other callers, But like, I think you need to I think I think you need to like find a community outside of work that you can like regularly show up at and that way, like you have acquaintances and you know kind of like well leg you can kind of use that as like a filter to find like well adjusted people.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean like I'm slowly talking to people in my class and then in right now, like i'd obviously like it. I just started this week, so it's like I don't want to be like gun ho, like I'm just slowly getting to know these people. But I also have like a Discord server that I used to like be a part of a lot because my ex had a computer, so I would always like game with them and it was just cool, like it was just.
Speaker 1: Shoot, wait wait wait you said your ex had a computer.
Speaker 4: My ex had a like a full bloom like gaming computer. So I like ran a Discord server and I had friends that way.
Speaker 1: But like since I thought you I thought you were like I thought you were, you were kind of applying that like you didn't have Do you have a computer?
Speaker 4: I mean I have a laptop, but that's more for school, but not like a full warm.
Speaker 2: Setup a laptops computer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not the same. I can't I can't gain like the kind of games that they do. Like it's yeah, like I want one eventually and like go back to like being part of my discords.
Speaker 7: Like I'll still talk to my friends.
Speaker 4: On Discord like here and there, but like I don't know, because I don't have like a full Bowne PC setup, I don't really have the opportunity to like really hang out with them.
Speaker 1: So, Danny, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Take care of your mental health and really really pick people who you want to help you thrive, not not stress you out. Oh and while my boyfriend really loves you and.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, like you know that, oh ship, tell him? I said, what's up? Tell him? I said, tell him? I said, thank you? Wait, is he the one that told you about who told who about the show.
Speaker 4: He actually introduced me to you.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been listening to you for years, so he Well, I wonder.
Speaker 1: If he'll be jealous that you got to speak to me and I and we and I do get to speak to him.
Speaker 4: He was winging the fuck out just now, like he's super side but like looking the fuck out that actually gone on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll talk, Okay, give him a give him a pat on the head for me.
Speaker 4: Or something, will do Lyle, Thank you, see you Danny.
Speaker 1: Plus Danny Forever, ten thousand years of Danny. That's very interesting. I feel like that call on the previous call, I have a lot of like that's so I keep I'm trying, I'm drawing. There's a lot of parallels being that call in the previous call of just like how involved, like especially like in your thirties, like how involved are your friends supposed to be in your life? You know, like you got like a previous caller's friend like super involved, like willingly right, and then you got like this this this woman's like friends are trying to get her really involved in their life, like kind of like against her will. It's interesting. Hello, Hey, what's up, hommy?
Speaker 5: Oh is this lyle?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: My name is don Cou's Donku's lovely to hear from you.
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm doing okay. It's a lovely day on the earth for some people, some people. You know, what's today is the worst day of many people's lives, but also the best day of many people's lives. There's such an infinite amount of everything happening everywhere all at once. But if we start thinking about that, we're gonna go insane. So let's focus on the thing specifically that is happening with you. That is the reason that you called in today.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, Well real quick. What I have to say about the philosophical question you have proposed to me is how often do you think the ratio changes of people having the best days and their worst days. I'm just ashing, how.
Speaker 1: Often does the ratio change?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I think the universe has some form of predictable frequency to it where the ratio is kind of probably remains the same over time. That's just my wild guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like at the beginning of the week, everyone's life sucks. At the end of the week, everyone's life is good and it balances itself out.
Speaker 1: Hit me with your fitting homie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I went to a casino to go see a comedian performat in South Florida, and I got there a little early with some friends, and I brought only one hundred dollars with me because I didn't I couldn't bear losing more than that, right, And before the show, I put fifty down, run it all all the way up to like one ten, and then run it all all the way down to zero. And it happened in like the matter of fifteen minutes. I don't gamble often, and I've never even had an experience where it's gone to the point where I've trippled my money and then gone all the way down to zero. So I felt like the sino was out for me. So I was like, I'm not going to gamble anymore. I go to the comedy show and I have such a great time giggling with my friends in which I'm like, I'm gonna put these fifty dollars down and I lose everything up to my last ten ten.
Speaker 2: Schmacs uh huh.
Speaker 5: And I put ten bucks on a red seven and I walked out of there with three hundred and sixty dollars. Can't believe they left the lights on after I left that place.
Speaker 1: You know what, the lesson is, right, because you brought up you brought one hundred dollars in there, and you were like, I'm prepared to lose this one hundred dollars, and you did correct, but then you put that on fifty more right, and then you walked out with three hundred dollars. So the lesson is that if you gamble and lose all your money, you just keep gambling. You just keep going, and you will inevitably be rewarded for that.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you only lose if you quit.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely. Who's this comedian that you saw?
Speaker 5: I went to go see Starvros Oh cool?
Speaker 2: How could you?
Speaker 1: Oh cool? That's funny that he was playing at a at the at the casino. How was he?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: It was, it was he was actually so so funny, Like, uh, my girlfriend doesn't even like stand with comedy like that for real, And I convinced her to do it, and she came. She came along with me and me and a couple of buddies and uh, as we're watching I've never seen her uh laugh so much at just some dude on stage talking, and it's like we've done to like we've gone to like Don't Tell comedy shows and like other different small comedy shows. It was like the first theater show that she's ever been to, like's in like a real professional do it. Yeah, and uh man, we had a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the last person where he's the last person where I'm like, oh, I really want to get him on this show. Maybe we'll make it happen someday. But well, what are you going to spend your three hundred dollars on? Or I guess you really need you really netted one hundred and fifty, But what are you gonna spend your ndred dollars in profit on?
Speaker 5: Oh my one hundred and fifty dollars in profit went straight to wah wah Hogy Sandwiches right after, and then I put one hundred dollars down onto a Wisdom to Youth surgery I'm having in like.
Speaker 2: A week or two.
Speaker 1: Well, don I'm glad, thank you so much for finally you know, it's it's always good to hear a positive story of perseverance and overcoming adversary on here, so I appreciate you sharing of course.
Speaker 5: Also, if you don't mind me just saying my piece real quick. I got to see you live in the what's it called the Durrau Beach in Provs, Like two years years ago. Yeah, and at the end of the year I posted my my I guess I think. I think it was like twenty twenty four wrapped of like a bunch of like just things that I did, and meeting you was with a huge highlight and all I really remember from the interaction that we had because I was a little starstruck that I told you that the shrimp that sleeps the current takes them. But I told you it in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't remember. I wish I remembered that. I really do.
Speaker 5: It's okay you you you're you're a green man traveling the green world.
Speaker 2: A lot of green things to see.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tommy. I'll try to make it back. I'll try. I don't have any Florida dates this year, but maybe I'll try to add one if there's enough demand.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope our cross our paths crossed again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you too, man, you too? Is there anything else you want to say? To the folks before we go, wash your rice.
Speaker 5: I've I've actually encountered too many people recently where I've gone over to their house to have dinner and they don't wash their rice. And and I thought that was a joke on the internet that people don't wash their rice. So my, my big if there's anything to leave off of from this call is wash your rice.
Speaker 1: Wash your rice, whatever that means to you, however you want to interpret that, wash your rice. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Done, of course, have a great have a great night lyle.
Speaker 1: Take care man bye don forever. Hey, folks, if you're interested in getting a full entire bonus episode this week, plus getting all episodes of this show completely ad free, plus supporting the show's continued existence, then please consider becoming a member of our patreon over at patreon dot com, slash Lyle forever, or find the link in the episode description. Here's a quick preview of this week's bonus episode.
Speaker 9: My parents owned the first Coastareeakan Circus.
Speaker 1: WHOA. What was your favorite part of being part of the Costa Rican Circus.
Speaker 9: I feel like it's just see how it connects people. Like a lot of people like it was all ages, like not only kids really enjoyed it, but also like older people, you know what I mean. Just seeing how much people actually like would go to it. Because in Latin America, I don't know, I other than like Siko Sole, I don't hear like and maybe in like bigger countries like in Mexico, but in like Central America, we don't get a lot of like uh circuses, you know what I mean, So just having one it was very interesting.
Speaker 1: Once again, if you want to support the show, hear this bonus episode plus our entire catalog of existing bonus episodes, plus get all episodes add free. We would love to have you join us over at patreon dot com, slash lyle forever link in the episode description. Thank you very much and get bless you forever. Endeavor endevor endeavor.
Speaker 3: Ghosts on the line taking your phone calls every night. Never big ghost doing his eye.
Speaker 1: You're just teaching you cloud and your life. But he's not really an expert.