Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, welcome to Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Christy Scales, Ashan Morrison, Jessnbar is here with you at the Star in Frisco. Ladies, there's a lot stock bat Let's jump right to it because, well, if you haven't seen it yet, Trayvon Diggs, according to multiple reports at this point out for the season with an ACL injury. What we can't speak on because we were right there is seeing Trayvon coming out with I'm not sure if everybody saw it, but Trayvon was in crutches, was transported to get an MRI, and then the news broke of it being a season ending ac ELL injury. Obviously very somber mood here at the Stars. That news broke really right before we came on here. So Christy, I'm gonna go to you for this as far as kind of what we know so far and what we can report on it.
Speaker 4: Sure, well, the Cowboys haven't officially confirmed it yet that it's a torn acl but most folks on social media have seen the reports. And boy, just when it's two and zero and everyone's talking about how many points you're gonna whip the Cardinals by, then reality slaps you in the face and it shows you the fragile nature of the NFL and how you can have injuries in practice. And so we had just been talking all week and even last week about the defensive backfield and getting Donovan Wilson back and Jordan Wilson and Jordan Lewis ten plays left, and then all of a sudden, now you're going to be without one of your starting cornerbacks. So I think that the immediate aftermath is how'd he get through this weekend? So Deron Bland, you know, he's been playing inside as your nickel corner, but he has an experience playing outside, and of course he did that last year when he had to step in for Anthony Brown last year. So the most logical thing would be, well, you probably take Deron and move him from the slot and have him play outside in place of Trayvon Diggs, and then Jordan Lewis slide in because he's he had been your starter at Nickel. But the thing is last week was his first game since a very severe foot injury last year, and he was limited to ten snaps. So I don't know that you can count on Jordan Lewis that you would want to throw him out there for thirty or forty five snaps in a game, depending on how many the Cardinals get. But then the trade for Noah Igbinogamy comes through. He was traded for Kelvin Joseph. The thing is, when he had Kelvin Joseph this year in camp, he was working inside. Noah works outside. So kind of interesting to see how they're gonna move the chess pieces around.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean, well, first, I just want to say that for Trayvon Diggs, I'm just I'm incredibly disappointed for him, just because he's going into what is his third fourth year now, and the development of Corner is, you know, it's significant in a sense of like he he said it yesterday, the game is slowing down for him, so it's less wasted movement, and he just seems so much much more precise, and I just I feel for him because I really felt like he was going to have one of the best years, if not the best year of his career, and so gut it for him, really hoping that he has a healthy, healthy recovery. But in regard to you know, what choices they have and just kind of how things works.
Speaker 6: It's interesting me you were talking to the Nashan Wright.
Speaker 5: Injury seems like a big deal too, just because if he wasn't on IR he showed you doing training camp when Trayvon Days was out with that toe injury, he could hang. He looks good that for those those practices in training camps. So yeah, I mean, DQ's going to have to move some guys around. You mentioned Ron Blad being a guy that can play on the outside also too. But the issue right now, going the fact that this is happening so late in the week, you think about how do you adjust to that and what does that look like?
Speaker 6: I mean, so yeah, I'm yeah.
Speaker 4: And then you wouldn't Eric Scott, the rookie cornerback who the Cowboys are really high on and had a pretty solid camp. He's on the fifty three man roster, but he was one of the coaches game day and actives the first two weeks, so we would assume that he would be active and be a backup for this weekend. And I'm so glad you mentioned right, but the fact is, just on the list that he's on, it has to wait at least two more games before he could even come back. But I issue you're right about the fantastic year that Trayvon tad even though it's been two games. This is such a ridiculous, crazy, absurd stat But the passer rating for the opposing quarterbacks through two weeks when they target Trayvon one point zero, not one hundred one point zero, that is that is crazy. And he's been targeted. Let's see, I've got the number here. He's been targeted eight times and has given up only twenty six yards, so three point three yards per target when you're throwing towards Trayvon. That's really that is crazy. Good for Trayvon. But then you say Bland, and again it's a little bit different because he's been playing in the slot. But eight targets towards drawn Bland only sixteen yards, so two point zero yards per attempt. But it's different.
Speaker 6: Animal when you're on the outside as opposed to the inside.
Speaker 3: It is a really somber feeling here at this shure, and it makes it so eerie that we just heard from Trayvon yesterday. He just spoke to the media yesterday that stat was actually brought up to him. They said, do you know what the numbers? He said no? And then his birthday, right, it was just his birthday yesterday as well, and so they talked about, well, do you.
Speaker 6: Know what this numbers?
Speaker 3: He said no, and then he heard he said to dang like that was it? So yeah, of course, wishing Trayvon all the best going forwards. It is a devastating blow to him and everything he's worked for, everything he's been doing in these games, because we've talked about, you know, maybe he's not getting the most interceptions, but he's setting up these guys for these plays, and he's being a ball hawk without actually getting the ball. He's making those hard tackles, he's playing physical. He was on that track to possibly have the best season that we've seen from Trayvon with his tenure here with the Dallas Cowboys. So it is very disheartening to see that for a player like him. But say you have Stefan Gilmore that came in in this offseason that has made a direct impact and automatic impact so quickly that I would be ten times more worried if he wasn't in the equation right now. I think that's kind of a saving grace that there's not very many positives that you go into and it comes to player injuries, but you have a Stefan Gilmour who's become that locker room leader, you know, and he's really worked hard to be that guy for the cornerback room. So all the best to Trey. Absolutely just devastated for him and knowing that he's going to attack whatever he needs to to come back like he attacks this game.
Speaker 6: And so that's really.
Speaker 3: It's gutting. Like a USA said, there's not really another word, but something I wanted to add on to. As you mentioned Naseeon right, we were talking about him, and so Christy, yes, he is on IR right now for the team. That means he can't be eligible to return and told the Patriots game and even then, what I think is going to be interesting to watch for is Mike McCarthy goes with these ramp up periods, whether it be post injury or anything like that. The ramp up is slow, so just very much so like you saw with Jordan Lewis, he only took ten snaps in the previous game on Sunday against the Jets. You're not going to see a full force Naseean Wright coming in right away taking all of the snaps. So it's going to be interesting to see how he's kind of integrated back in, maybe with limited reps at first, and then coming back in at full force kind of towards the middle of the season when you know he's able to do so after that ramp up phase.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I just want to mention one other thing about how you compensate for the loss of Trayvon in the near term. And we're talking about like nicol and so if Deron moved from nickel to outside and Jordan Lewis is only he was. They wanted him to get ten to fifteen snaps last week and he only got ten. But the good thing is with the versatile defense to backs that dan Quinn has to work with and the cross training that they all do, there are things that you can do. You can go, for example, with a big nickel, So one of the bigger body safeties, have them come down and play and have the matchups with the tight ends, and sometimes they're even matched up with wide receivers who are in the slot. So you would see more of a big nickel or the bigger guys in the dime. You're not going to see. They call a package called penny where you bring in the extra smaller cornerbacks, but this would be more like a big nickel or a heavier dime moving forward, and that's a good matchup anyway. And when you're playing a team like the Cardinals and one of the go to guys is zach Ertz, you know some of the bigger guys anyway.
Speaker 5: So maybe like in the short term, since you ring up that point, the short term, Woul Jordan Louis will be in a rampo face. If zach Ertz is the bigger body guy that they use in the slot or whatever the case may be, maybe we would see an Israel m Kwalm take on that exactly. He plays that against big slock guys.
Speaker 4: And Marquise Bell he's been playing the linebacker, but he's a safety, you know.
Speaker 7: Maybe Thomas absolutely absolutely, with all due respect though watching is Realmcuonmo's game watching I plays is Romakualamu is a corner and he's a good corner.
Speaker 5: And he has that fire that Trayvon plays with. He plays physical, but also too he can match the length that Trayvon brings, because that's one of the biggest things that Trayvon brings to this defense is that he can take away a whole part of a field because he has the length. Very curious to see how they decide to go forward with his room quambo just because they I think his skill set shows corner stuff and he I feel like he's far more effective on the boundary than he is even as a slot guy because of his size. So I would be curious to see if they give that open competition, if he's thrown in the hat as a contact could because I bet he can match the energy and also playing safety and having that versatility is vision is good.
Speaker 6: I would love to see him get the opportunity to show that.
Speaker 4: He isn't going I think you're right right, and I think it's going to be matchup week to week. Right, It's going to depend on the packages that they're expecting to see from the opponent. But we should share some good news, and that is that Donovan Wilson, which looks to be on track. Of course, this will be his season debut as he makes its way back from a calf injury. But he was listed as a full participant again today as he was yesterday.
Speaker 6: So that's stretching down a practice report.
Speaker 3: Actually reading my mind. So let's go down the practice report and then we have to take a break here in one minute. So something something to think about. Brandon Cooks, Tyler Smith, Jimmy Doga all full participants in practice, which is an upgrade from the limited that they were on Wednesday. Donovan Wilson, like you mentioned, was a full participant. Jaron Curse and Zach Morton did not participate. And then Taylor Beyotish added to this injury report today as a limited participant.
Speaker 6: With the hamstring injury as well.
Speaker 3: So more things to keep an eye on as we continue on through the week.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean I will say that I did get to touch base with Tyler Beyottish in the locker room. I know a lot of people missed him, but he seemed like he was in good spirits.
Speaker 6: He seemed fine. I asked him how his body was feeling. He was like, I'm good, you know, so I know that it just was.
Speaker 5: It was sent out though that a source said that he should be okay, so that mirrors me seeing him like and he seemed fine. So I would assume that the hamstring thing is a precautionary thing for the MRI. And yeah, it's it's just been a tough day in the office for everybody.
Speaker 6: Man definitely.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take our first break. When we come back, we're going to hear from a guest on the podcast. We're going to kind of switch gears back into Cardinals versus Cowboys mode, and then we'll come back to this topic as we get into more matchups. But stay tuned. This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, present by jigs Out, the preferred dating partner to Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Digsuth, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We are talking all things Cowboys and Cardinals. But first, experience the feeling of game day every day at the Miller Lighthouse at the Star, now open just steps away from the Toastedos Championship Closet, The Miller Lighthouse features a cooler of full grab and go beverages and snacks, tailgate games, a recharging lounge, and a Dallas Cowboys photo op as well. For more information, you can visit the Star on Frisco dot com slash Miller Lighthouse. All right, well, we promised you guys a special guest yesterday and she's doubled dipping here with the Dallascowis dot.
Speaker 1: Com a little bit.
Speaker 3: We brought in none other.
Speaker 2: Than Danny Sturrect.
Speaker 3: Danny now a Cardinals reporter for the team, however, a little bit of a history here with the Dallas Cowboys as well. We are so happy to have you on today.
Speaker 10: Thank you. I appreciate it. Yeah, I've been a couple of years back in Dallas. It's been been out here in Aerona for almost two years today, which is crazy how.
Speaker 11: Much it's gone by. But I appreciate you guys having me on.
Speaker 3: Yes, well killing it as always, Danny. We want to start by asking you. Let's start with the injury report first. We just got that injury report. Is there any notable injuries on the cardinal side of things going into this matchup that we should know about at this point?
Speaker 10: Not really. The only one would have been depending line unlucky spot to the most Sunday game against the Giants with the should He's been a full qui event the last two days of practice, so expect to happen that from the line, which is huge because the other major injuries that were on that report.
Speaker 11: Defensive lineman Carlos walk Into's here with the biceps injury, will have surgery and be out for some time.
Speaker 10: And instead of defensive lineman.
Speaker 11: Alga Collier deal with the same injury, he's.
Speaker 10: Already on IR. Linebacker Josh woodstill with an ankle. Don't expections of play. He hasn't played seek one, So no real changes, I would imagine I'll been, you know, hopefully going the right way for the rest of the week for the Cardinals. So from an injury standpoint, no real surprise from that report. Of course, you are also without who the Baker who recently went on IR with a handstring.
Speaker 11: Injury, So a couple of big defenders that will be no.
Speaker 10: Feels for the Cardinals to use.
Speaker 4: Danny, I have to ask what the what it's been like the talk around the locker room. I imagine the word finish has probably come up a bit, uh this week because that lost to the Giants is blowing in twenty one point lead and just collapsing, you know, midway through the third quarter through through the rest of it, you know, what's the mood out there and what is what is happening with this team in the second half of the games the first two.
Speaker 11: Weeks absolutely finished. Husband the big question this week and not just this game, but the Cardinals als will have to lead Week one in Washington, Arizone as an outscoord twenty seven to nothing in the fourth quarter. So execution for whatever reason has not carried on throughout an entire game. But this team has shown flashes, and I guess if you're looking for some sort of hope that that's what it is as a Cardinals fand as you see the flashes from this team, it's now just a matter of putting.
Speaker 10: That together for an entire game. I think the offense was struggling for whatever reason the end of that third quarter into the fourth quarter, and then you had your defense out there for a much longer time, not only dealing with a running back like staatelall Barkley, but a mobile quarterback like Daniel Jones. And I think samina came into play, especially with some of those defensive laws injuries that I was touching on when Carlos Walkins reads the game pretty early with the by sets injury. But that's the position for that. This defense has really been relying on a rotation, and that was the plan to rotate your five or six guys. And now that you have Carlos Walkin's and LJ. Colly are out with bicets injury and the succeinable future, that kind of changes things. You don't want your players having a higher snap count than what you would like, so I would assume that there'd be an adjustment period there. But you're right, for whatever reason, four poor struggles have become a pattern. Who is two weeks. I think it was a pretty big wake up call. The seeing that this team had twenty nothing need at behalf and then watching that collapse of maybe a little bit of the confidence said Okay, we can do this, but we need to make sure that we're carrying this throughout an entire game.
Speaker 5: Danny Michael Wilson as a gentleman that you folks drafted this past year wide receiver number fourteen. He's a gentleman that in the draft I was very impressed with with his route running ability, especially given how tall he is, how has he performed, and what's the overall feeling of what he brings to the team. And just how he's progressed that he's gotten into the league.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Michael Wilson has a great training camp, great pre season. Really kills a void in terms of that size that you lost from DeAndre Hopkins. And we've heard from teammates whose coaches not just the physical ability but also the mental side of things and being able to pick up this team rather quickly. So I think that he has a unique skill set on the rest of the receivers in terms of you know, you've got Ronga Warriors, thought, he's got Hollywood Brown, They've got the steam cover, they can create that separation. Michael Wilson's going to give you that side for those contested balls. We just haven't seen enough of really a downfield presence. There wasn't one, and he's one. Given torback Josh Shams only has his practices with the team. The annoyance hardly the strongest defensive line in Washington, So the game plan kind of changes the team and the past as you're running. So tell a little bit more of that presence in Week two against the Giants. But that's something I'm keeping my eye on, is me to have more of that down to But you have to get players like Michael Wilson involved because he really hasn't been quite yet. The main receiver has really been tied in Yeah hurt. So I'm looking to see more of that connection now that Josh Doobbins entering the thirty weeks first time in his career, is beginning three straight starts. But that is a player ding to Michael Wilson that I think if this team can really start to rely on him, I think that he can bring a lot to this offense.
Speaker 2: Danny, with Budda Baker now being on IR obviously not being an aspect in this game, who's a locker room guy, locker room leader that has potentially stepped up that you've seen maybe this week or in practice to maybe keep an eye on, that might be considered an underdog in this matchup.
Speaker 10: You know, that's a good question. I mean this team, I mean you were talked about early aversity of the teams without their best player on offense and Kyler Murray and their best player in Ja and Buddah Baker and Dudah Baker. It's almost hard to describe because he brings what people see of how he brings what he brings on the field. It's also what he brings in that locker room. I mean our kinds of coordinator Nikolallas is off in the media this week and said, you need all of loving guys who even try to emulate all of books the Baker brings to this team. So that is something that you're going.
Speaker 11: To have to find someone. You're right, You're gonna have to find someone to step up as a leader. I think if you're looking on consent, when you're looking there isn't a ton of veteran presence. But I do think in that DV room, Jamie Thompson, who's normally look that duo of Buda Baker is experienced, also leaves by example. And I think you're going to really have to continue to rely on David Collins, who's been here a few years now, first round picks for the Cardinals, who's made the move full time outside as an edge rusher and has really played well, and that transition that we've seen for the first two games, and I think that's somebody that you're going to have to look on and rely on to stop up in Buddha Baker's absence. So there's a lot of adversity that this team unfortune is already facing, but you know Cowboys is well now unfortunate and that boat to a certain degree.
Speaker 4: Hey, Danny, you mentioned Josh Dobbs earlier, who's playing quarterback in place of Murray and making his third straight start. I don't know how many interactions that you've had with him, because he's only been there a month, but I'd love to hear what he's like as a person, because there aren't too many aerospace engineers in the NFL, right who play who play quarterback, and but just he's a remarkable story. Obviously, a very bright young man and a great story, you know, a great spokesperson, and really an inspiration for folks with alopecia. He's done a lot of community things with that. And he can run now when he ran over the dB, you know on his long touchdown run. He's got some legs. It's not the skiddery fast necessarily like Kyler Murray. But he's gonna be a threat with his legs against this Cowboys defense.
Speaker 8: Isn't he.
Speaker 11: You hit the nail on the head with all things about Josh Dobbs from the interactions I've had with him so far, Christy just a really nice guy, very seems very honest and open with the media, and very smart. And that was the first adjectives we heard for at least a week from any coach or teammate we asked about Josh Dobbs after he was traded. There was intelligence and that was the first word. And Dobbs actually made a joke of look, it's not rocket science, right. Quarterback is a very cebibral position, so he knows he could handle that. I think the situation that he's founentslf in that he has handled himself really well in terms of quickly grasping this scheme. Week one a week two was a huge jump in confidence in his mobility and his quick releases, and you saw that throughout the entire offense. Josh Dobbs is actually a quarterback. This staff, this front office was interested in earlier in the off season. Just a matter of his contract and things like that kind of hells up getting him sooner than they did. But I think that all things considered, he has fit in pretty well.
Speaker 10: And Dobbs does have.
Speaker 11: Some experience with some coaches on the bass offensive Corney ter Drew Petsing, while our quarterbacks coach into a roll force. They all spent some time together in Cleveland. So Josh Dobbs has shown that he has the ability the accuracy for some of those longer throwers who finally saw some chunk plays last week that we did not see week one in Washington. So that mobility is really what this coaching bass and was looking for. That was part of the reason they walked away from veteran Colt McCoy, just because Josh Dobbs has that mobility. You're right, pass not to the Kyler Murray extent, but he is able to extend the plays, get out of the pocket.
Speaker 10: And we saw him use his legs.
Speaker 11: And also that he's not afraid to truck and defend your getting into the end zone and also on that two point conversion. So because Dobbs has been here for such a short amount of time, it is realistic that he can make a big jump from one week to the next. So I am expecting to see some more growth from him now from week two to week three.
Speaker 6: Danny.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of changes, as you've mentioned, as far as the trade, the training staff, the coaching staff, and obviously the head coach change and Ganning coming in there and everything. How do you think the team has responded to, you know, the coaching changes and do you think that plays a role and just kind of how how things have kind of unfolded this first couple of weeks. Them trying to gel them trying to get better communication, like you like you just talked about, you know, Dobbs is just coming in and this is his third full week. How do you think the team is responded to the changes that have been made in the off season.
Speaker 11: I think that the team, excuse me, has been responding well. I mean, this is the team's been doing in the off season. We were going to start the season without your franchise quarterbacks. You end up trading away one of your top receivers. Are not trading away, but releasing one of your top receivers can be on your hopkins. You trade away your former first round picking Isaiah Simmons. So there's been a lot of change, but has seemed like the culture that this new coaching staff under Jonathan Bannon and this new front office under money as important that the culture they're settying really has been panning out well for the team. We've seen that in the effort and the aggression that they've played with through two games. Actually asked Jonathan Gannon the question about the culture earlier this week when we were talking to the media. Obviously, winning culture means winning games, right, and that's not the case when you're own team like Arizona. But I asked him how much he has seen the culture work that they were putting in all off season for getting here, how we've seen that through the team through these first two weeks again, and told me that he has seen it and the work and not getting down on themselves and showing up Monday ready to learn and to get better, and that the culture they're trying to create is not necessarily results driven, but more process driven. And when you are process driven, that's how you're going to get those your goals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but building a culture takes time. And there's been so much turnover with the roster, what like fifty seven percent of the players something like that. Yeah, and you also your offensive coordinator and your defensive coordinator is their first time to call play. So my point is, and your quarterback's been in the building less than a month, so this is something that takes time. The question is what about the Cardinals fan base? Are they showing some patients or is the are the Daggers already out?
Speaker 11: No, I will say, thankfully, they are showing patients, which is good. I think. I think there's hope right, which is what if you're a Cardinal fan after having a rough year and a half the way that two years ago the wheels fall off and last year, that's what you want. I think that all started when maniof Support brought in Jonathan Gannon and you saw the staff being put together, when you saw the draft, what maniof Support was able to do, making trades to get more picks, planning ahead for the future, the picks he made and getting Paris jauntson Junior, an offensive lineman that you're planning on having here for a very long time. Let's plays very well. Might I add to his first two games, the decisions that have been made in terms of cap space, bringing in types of players that are the right fit on and off the field. I think that that is what the Cardinals fans are having hope about. Is you can see that things are moving in the right direction, and that goes back to the culture that even though this team is zero and two, I think it's safe to say that they have exceeded the expectations before the season started on what people were expecting from them. And that doesn't just come from the personnel and the skills that they have on the field, but that goes back to the effort and the type of you know, the passion that they are playing with. This team has had a very difficult time though, winning at home at State Folm Stadium. The only home win last season was Thursday night against the Saint So fans are understandably desperate to get that home win, right if you're going to the game and you want to be able to see your home team win in person. But I don't realize there are daggers with this stand base. Right now, it feels like you can tell that this team is really working on correcting things and creating long term success on the field.
Speaker 3: In the locker room, well, Danny, I guess the final question is what color is your family going to wear this weekend.
Speaker 11: That's a good question. I think I know which part of my family. All my family lives in Dallas, but I know some of my family's gonna be rocking Cardinals gear, like my little Teal nephew, who when I was talking to him on the phone other day a picture day this week at pre school and told me he was gonna wart his bird Gen jersey, which is his Kyler Murray jersey. So I think that part of my family will be in Cardinals gear. My dad for sure is going to be split. I know him well enough to know he's going to be wearing a Cowboy shirt and a Cardinal pad or maybe vice versa. But he will definitely still be rocking some of that Cowboy's blue, but still some of that Cardinals red, which I appreciate.
Speaker 10: It's going to be.
Speaker 11: It's gonna be pretty split. I think most of my family. At the end of the day, it's a win win. If the Cowboys win, that's great, and if the Cardinals win, that's great because I'm happy.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to put it. Well, Danny, thank you so much for joining us on here. It's so great to hear from you again. And I'm sure everybody listening miss hearing you on here as well, so we appreciate you keep absolutely killing it in Arizona, and we are big Danny Surrek fans here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk.
Speaker 11: I appreciate you also much. Thanks for having me on. I'm gonna tell you, guys, I I told them earlier on Mick Shots, which is, with the exception of this week's game, I hope you guys have a great rest of your season.
Speaker 4: Back at you, Back at you after this weekend. See you on the field, See you on the field Sunday. Ah waits all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks so much, Danny. We're going to take our next break here on the podcast. When we come back, we're going to get a little bit more into matchups and what news we officially just got from the team.
Speaker 6: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to our final segment here on Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We're gonna get into a little bit more of this matchup in some news now, but explore headwear built for greatness with the newest Dallas Cowboys New Era collection, dedicated to the one and only Micah Parsons. Head to the nearest pro shop or log onto shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience and grab your favorite style today. All right, Well, the Dallas Cowboys making it official about Trayvon Diggs saying that cornerback Trayvon Digg suffered a left knee injury during today's practice. An MRI was performed that confirmed the torn ACL. A timetable for Diggs's return to play has not been established, but he is currently projected to miss the remainder of the current season. Officially official, everybody again, it's it's gutting. I usual have found a tweet from Micah that he just tweeted out. If we want to talk about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just tweeted out, I am my brother's keeper. You know, I you know, there's nothing more that needs to be said. And honestly, I feel like, one I believe him. He said, I am my brother's keeper. I got you seven No more needs.
Speaker 6: To be said.
Speaker 5: And one thing about Micah and also this defense is, even though this is this is gut wrenching and it hurts, I feel like they have the guys to to you know, to take the step up and to rally together. They have that that chemistry and that culture on that side of the ball to protect each other and to you know, figure things out.
Speaker 6: So I believe Micah when he says I'm my brother's keeper. I believe that.
Speaker 3: And the thing about Trayvon is uh, he is a locker room leader. He's very quiet and how he does it, but he leads by example and he talked about that earlier, I believe, right before the season had started. He he talked about lead by example and he doesn't necessarily have to be the most vocal guy in the room to be a leader. And I think, you know, even though he's not the most vocal guy, and you know, when he talks, he's very self spoken and he's not you know, going to be loud with with what he's saying, his actions are very loud. And he's the kind of guy that's very intentional with his actions, very intentional with how he works, and he's very methodical in that way. And so yeah, a big blow is as far as there are the defense's brother, a teammate, somebody that they really look up to and look, you know, look to as as that leader. So yeah, wishing Trayvon all the best. We can't we can't say it enough here, We really, uh we hate to see any injury happen, but when it's somebody like Trayvon, who is just a man absolutely projected to have such a good season, it stings. And so wishing him the best. But now we kind of have to look at how does this impact this weekend? Christy, we were just talking about that, going into a little bit more of those options, how it could impact the matchup, the matchups potentially Josh Stobbs going a little bit more downfield with his passes, trying to bully the weaker side.
Speaker 6: If you will, the weaker man with.
Speaker 3: Whoever they decide to put out there. But Christy, what is the most viable option at this point when you look at.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, take Deron Bland and move him from nickel to outside. He stepped in for Anthony Brown last year and hey Dern Bland helps save this backfield the defensive backfield through the last half of last season led the team in interceptions with five, already has a pick six this year. The only thing is he, you know, has done his work in the nicol and so but like I said earlier, I think that there are enough versatile players, there are enough chess pieces that that Dan Quinn can can move around that it's really going to be more matchup driven week to win, whether you're going with the big nickel and things like that. But yeah, it's just the thing is it's the playmaking part of it, and we know that Deron Bland is one of those. But having Donovan Wilson come back this week, and I know it's a different position, he plays safety, but what has been the strength of the defense through the first two weeks of these this season. It's the same as it was last year. It's the ability to take the ball away and to get a good pass rush. And so Donovan Wilson coming back is one of those catalytic players, one of the guys that, like Trayvon Diggs, makes plays on the ball. And as the coaches always say, you know, you look at the last few seasons, if there was a takeaway, Donna was usually involved. So again, there's never good timing for a serious injury like a torn acl to one of your superstar players. But at least it's fortuitous that Wilson has been a full participant this week and looks to make his season debut on Sunday against Arizona.
Speaker 5: You make a very good point about the safety room and the safety room being strong kind of levels this out a little bit more in my opinion, just the way that they're able to be used, like you're talking about in a nickel, but also to just depend on what coverages and some of these these safeties are hybrids and that's helpful too.
Speaker 6: So I agree with you.
Speaker 5: I'm very curious to see how dan Quinn goes forward and how he rolls these.
Speaker 6: Guys out there.
Speaker 5: But when you talk about Donovan Wilson coming back, I think that's huge two for this next game. When you talk about I heard Michael McCarthy mention today rush lane discipline.
Speaker 6: Yes, especially with a guy like Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 5: You guys talked very heavily about you and Danny talked about his running ability. And so I was able to catch up with Demon Clark about this earlier, I mean earlier in the locker room, and he just was explaining what rush lane discipline is because I wanted to know. And he basically said that when when a defense like the Cowboys can rush four, it's four on five. So the offense does have the advantage with the running back being able to well the running back, the quarterback being able to run the.
Speaker 6: Ball and escape if necessary.
Speaker 5: And he really spoke about how much they emphasized in this offseason because that's what gashed them a lot last year.
Speaker 6: Josh Dobbs gashed in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Tennessee, Yes, Tennessee.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When the rush lane discipline and where that comes from.
Speaker 6: Is the A and B gap.
Speaker 5: So the defensive line, the interior has to be disciplined and making sure that they do enough.
Speaker 6: To clog up that area.
Speaker 5: So that's not an option for him, but incomes Donovan.
Speaker 6: Wilson and those guys.
Speaker 5: When you talk about him escaping possibly to the edges, you it's either a linebacker or however they decide.
Speaker 6: To do it. So I just thought that was really.
Speaker 5: Important, especially moving forward with this team, because that was a kryptonite for this defense last year, where mobile quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: And and sorry he's but yeah.
Speaker 5: So that was just something for the matchup that I thought was important as rustling discipline in my custom.
Speaker 4: One of the things with matchup though, because Josh Dobbs spoke to the media in Arizona today and so he was asking that most of the questions were about him trucking running over the defender into the end zone on that I think it was a twenty seven yard touchdown run. But Josh pointed out that they were playing a lot of man last week and what that means is once from Dobbs's standpoint, once he broke through, once he came out of the pocket and started running up field. Yeah, the backs are turned because the defenders they're following their man in coverage as opposed to a zone where your eyes are always on the quarterback. So I'm not predicting that it's going to be all man this week, or that it's going to be all zone. But that's one of the things where you when you see a quarterback get a lot of yards downfield. It's often when there's a lack of the discipline, as Ayisha's talking about in terms of maintaining the gaps the discipline, but also it's often man defense with the defensive backs their backs are turned and so by the time that they see that, you know the guy's taken off their way downfield, or you know they're not reacting as quickly as if they were in his own.
Speaker 3: Something I wanted to ask you guys, was Jordan Lewis only getting ten snaps. It's not really a lot to base how he looks so far, but from what you saw, what are some things you can gather from Jordan Lewis coming off of the Liz Frank injury. That was horrific, But credit to him for coming back, rehabing back. Some things you saw that Jaylu looked like Jaylu once again.
Speaker 6: Maybe were the goal.
Speaker 4: I was told before the game on the sideline that the goal was to get him ten to fifteen snaps. He got ten. But then keep in mind, there were only what forty three or forty seven offensive snaps in the whole game, just because they couldn't keep a drive going and the Cowboys had the huge edge in time of possession, so there weren't that many defensive plays. But you know, to go from a ten to fifteen pitch count to thirty plus, you know, that's that's quite a change. So I'll be interested to see how they try and manage his amount of snaps this weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to answer your question, he came in and had to pass break up.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 5: In college, they call him Velcrow just because of how sticky.
Speaker 6: He can be in coverage.
Speaker 5: And one thing that I was looking for looking for from him and I will continue to look for from him, but his.
Speaker 6: The Lis Frank injury.
Speaker 5: Without Christy, I really did not understand the severity of this injury until you explained it to us and just kind of explain that how the recovery is and how it can kick guys out of like this game. It's something that if your recovery does not go well.
Speaker 6: Can stick with you for a long time.
Speaker 5: So with it being a foot injury, I've been really looking at how he plants, like how comfortable is he is he confident in planting on that foot and seeing him break on that ball, take off stride for stride, let me know that his confidence is there. Again, We've talked about it on this team plenty of times that the mental part of this is important, and so that'll just be a continuous thing that I'm looking for from him. Is that because it might get sore, it might you know, that's something that might happen. How does he continue to seem mentally and confident with his ability because the natural ability is there with him, it's just him being confident and what he's still able to do.
Speaker 3: I also think too, along with that confidence is you don't want him to lose it because Duron Bland is playing like Doron blind too, So for him to take the step back and be like Okay, this is your pony and horse show. And now I'm here and I'm still gonna be me, and I'm not gonna let kind of what happened while I was gone dictate how I feel now, because that's easy to do as a human, especially on such a competitive environment. With that, it's easy to just be like, uh, well, But the way Jordan Lewis is is he's kind of just he has a fire. When I think of Jordan Lewis, I think of fire, and he has this fire to him that just never dimmed through any of the time that we saw him sitting out, whether it was in the locker room, just in passing. He has a fire that does not go out at any point. And I think it's so important to note that about Jay Lou today. But real quick, before we run out of time, ladies, who do you expect to have a very big game going into this matchup based on what you've seen from the Cardinals, which you've seen from the Cowboys this week? Who has a big.
Speaker 6: Game for you game prediction wise? What are we predicting?
Speaker 4: I think, as Danny was talking about all of the problems along the Cardinals defensive line with their injuries that this even though the Cowboys are dealing with some injuries along the offensive line. I think that the Cowboys run the ball and keep running until Arizona stops them and be another big time of possession advantage this week and more plays because I say, just big, big game for Tony Poler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she took mine. I was about to say, anybody that is a running back, all right, take a new one, oh, Tater tots. Uh, that's cheating.
Speaker 3: You can't just take other people.
Speaker 6: Okay, take a new one. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: We're trying to end on a positive note. It's a little somber trying to end on a little bit of a positive note.
Speaker 5: I just wonder if we see I mean, I don't know if they're going to just try to run the ball, but if they are, well they'll take their shots too, you know.
Speaker 4: And on's the thing. Once they have to commit more people to stop the run, then you ride over them in the passing game or play action them. How about to run bland stepping up and shining.
Speaker 6: That's fair.
Speaker 5: I do think the linebackers will have some opportunity, maybe a little bit more opportunity than they did even last week. Because if you look at their snap count, the true light linebackers played limited snaps last week just because of how things unfolded.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna go with three to three. I'm gonna go with the mont Clarks. He has a good day, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Jake Ferguson. And maybe it doesn't come up in the passing game, but I think this tight end room has a little bit of a fire under them right now because of just how things have played out these last couple of weeks. You start, you started to see the fire a night last week, You're really going to see the best of Jake Ferguson. I think this game, whether it be blocking or being that yack monster that we know he can be. So I'm going Fergie. But ladies, that is all the time we have today here on the podcast. This is our Friday, as you all know, so we won't be back here until Monday, four o'clock Central time here on Dallascowboys dot Com. We're gonna have plenty to talk about post Cowboys and Cardinals matchup. Christy be safe on the road, have all of the best time getting us all of those little nuggets that you can bring back to us here on the podcast next week.
Speaker 4: And you went the cookies from the team plane.
Speaker 9: That's what you want.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Christy brings us cookies.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they believe it or not, they literally have milk and cookies on the Cowboys team charter f.
Speaker 3: There you go, and we're trying to get some of those cookies. So Christy, thank you so much. I U should thank you so much. We will be back here, same time, at same place next week, starting on Monday once again, so have a great.
Speaker 6: Rest of your day.
Speaker 3: Everybody, please take care of yourselves, have a great weekend, and we will see you next week. This has been Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jig South before a dating partner, the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.