Speaker 1: Welcome everyone. It is Wednesday, December seventeenth, and we are trucking through our holiday gift guide. Time is running out, but never fear. We have a wonderful idea for your list.
Speaker 2: Best one on our list so far. This is the best one coming from of a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it could go to anyone, Like there isn't an age, a gender, a person. Maybe a baby wouldn't be able to use this, but short of that, this is you know what, maybe a baby would even like this to. This is gift number thirteen on our Holiday gift guide and we are talking about the Marshall Emberton three portable Bluetooth speaker. It looks good, it sounds good. It's an exciting gift unwrapped, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: It's a sexy speaker. There are a lot of Bluetooth speakers out there. Yes, this is another one we use a lot. This is the best one we owned, and we owned it before it was sent to us to try out, and that's why we had this is the one we have the most knowledge.
Speaker 1: Of, correct and we actually were thinking this is also going to speak to how much we like the speaker. It's already boxed up. The producers gave it to us, and you said to me, should we give this as a gift to someone? And we decided, nah.
Speaker 2: We like it that much that we want to want two of them. That is a true story, and that can we give a better endorsement of a product yet?
Speaker 1: Correct? And I thought, let let's have this one or the one we already have be our travel speaker. Just keep it in our luggage and everywhere we go we will have an amazing speaker with us, which is always fun on vacation. Here is the actual write up about this product, A rugged, waterproof portable speaker that delivers a classic Martial signature sound wherever you go. I didn't know it was waterproof, by the way.
Speaker 2: I was just about to write that note down to say that that makes me love it even more.
Speaker 1: Correct, It's pretty awesome. So the Emberton III uses dynamic loudness to automatically balance your audio so your music sounds full, rich, and brilliant at any volume. It's true stereophonic three hundred and sixty degrees sound fills the room, or the beach or your backyard with immersive, multidirectional audio that flows all around you. You know, Ava has one of these speakers too, and she's brought it along and we were fighting over it at one point. Like love, she brings it with her everywhere. It says it has thirty two plus hours of playtime on a single charge, so you can listen all day and well into tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Now. I didn't think it was thirty two. Yes, but that's just one of the things I would say about it. Once this sucker is charged, I don't have to think about it again for a while.
Speaker 1: That's pretty awesome. And listen to this. So it features a I didn't know this either, a built in microphone for hands free calls whether you're getting ready, cooking or mid road trip.
Speaker 2: Okay, this thing is amazing.
Speaker 1: See I didn't even know it did that.
Speaker 2: Because we don't use it for that, so we didn't know. Yep.
Speaker 1: And how about this. It has an IP six seven dust and waterproof rating. But here's what it says about the waterproof.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, Okay, I believed you, damn it. I'm so gullible. But listen to this. You can submerge this Marshall speaker up to three feet of water for thirty minutes stop nope.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't believe that it can go.
Speaker 1: It says it can go into three feet of water for thirty minutes. Well underwear yet, Well I don't know. We should test it out, but it says making it perfect for travel, outdoor adventures and anywhere life gets messy the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I worry, you know good? Hell, well, I go into the bathroom all the time with something playing. You do I either got music, but usually iPad something's playing. All of that moisture. Can't be to think that this is okay.
Speaker 1: You know what? This should be our bathroom speaker narrative. Now we don't have to worry about bringing something into the We have a bathroom speaker.
Speaker 2: Is that something people do?
Speaker 1: I like to listen to music and show.
Speaker 2: A great shelf in there.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, let's do it. We now know where it is. Forget to forget leaving it in the luggage. We're putting it in the bathroom, all right. For more than sixty years, Marshall's has been synonymous with legendary sound and iconic design, beginning with their first amplifier, built in nineteen sixty two by Jim and Terry Marshall, and that is still crafted in Bletchley, UK today.
Speaker 2: Did you know that I did not know about the background in the history of this company.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What began as the heartbeat of rock and roll has evolved into a global audio brand, powering musicians and music lovers around the world. I didn't know this was their lingo. Marshals remain simply the home of Loud. I didn't know that was their thing.
Speaker 2: It's amazing the company can continue to thrive with such a slogan. It doesn't sound attractive, right.
Speaker 1: I was like, loud if I want Loud?
Speaker 2: The product is so good that we can have such a bad slogan and you still will buy our stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. So I mean, do we normally this is the time where we say what we think about the product, But obviously we've been giving ringing endorsement throughout the entire product description. It's very exciting. I have also some sample Amazon reviews, by the way, again feel validated here. Ninety three percent of folks gave it five or four stars. Eighty four percent gave it five stars, nine percent gave it four stars, so ninety three percent of reviews okay.
Speaker 2: Can I ask the negative ones? Was there a theme to them.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pull them up right now, because actually it's really hard to find the negative reviews because everywhere I look it's all positive. So I think I can search through like the one stars. Yes, okay, it says. My mom told me that if I had nothing nice to say, then I should be quiet. But she also told me that if I were to charge one hundred and forty nine dollars for a portable rechargeable speaker, I should be I should be aware that some buyers might suffer an expectation that the speaker would arrive with the charging device. It's not. So he's upset that there's no charging device that came with the speaker.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope he doesn't have an iPhone.
Speaker 1: Because they don't. Those are thirteen hundred dollars and they don't come with a break anymore, or with a box. You don't get a.
Speaker 2: Box, right, Yes, they don't give it that break anymore. Give you it. Okay, I get that, and that's fine. That can be an annoyance. You have twenty of these at the house. You have twenty of these charges, do you not? Yes, it's the same one that charges the most recent, which one of the USB es. See it is the thing, yeah, the lightning or whatever they call it. Yes, it's that thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's another bad one. This is the crappiest speaker I've ever owned. Good noise, but way too complicated to work. It shouldn't be this hard to play on a speaker. I have a Son NOS and once plugged in and connected to Wi Fi, I've never had issues ever connecting any device to it. See, I've had plenty of issues with sons. That's so funny. This speaker is not worth the price it takes. It takes too much energy every time to connect.
Speaker 2: Stop. Okay, fine, if that was you, happen to be your experience. But nobody couches it that way. But you all this this person that's talking about how complicate it has literally one button. It's got one button on top and that's that's it. So it is actually one of the simpler ones that I have used. And again I am looking in our library here, one, two, three, I'm looking at three different ones up there, three other Bluetooth speakers. We use them every day all day as we travel everything. What I'm saying is we are qualified on this speak yes to rate the Martial one. It is the best one we have in the house. It might be the best one I have ever used.
Speaker 1: Wow, I agree, And there have been There were a couple other a couple other negative reviews that just said that they didn't like the sound. That one got really specific about I don't even know what it means, cris Pie's subdued sound, flat whatever. I don't know what all that is. But yes, the reality is ninety three percent of people said it's the best speaker they ever had. Like their Rave reviews. People love this thing. They love the speaker, and we're right there with them. We think it's amazing. And it is a little pricey. I mean, it's pricier than other speakers, but it's absolutely worth it if you like good music. And the fact that you can get it wet, and that's huge to me because we're constantly moving these things around, and especially if you have kids, it's nice to know you could spill a drink on it, it could land in the pool. It's totally gonna be Okay, that's that's an amazing function.
Speaker 2: We're gonna wait on the price until.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will wait on the price because you know what, it's cool. This is the one that we're actually profiling. Specifically, the one that was sent to us is the Emberton three. Do we have the Emberton two?
Speaker 2: I think we have two. The one is two, so.
Speaker 1: The Emberton three. And the point being is these different iterations of these speakers are still available, and some of them are at a lower price point if they are older models. So that's a good way. And I'll just suggest that for anyone who's thinking about this, when we come back, we'll tell you the price. But if it's a little too pricey, you could go to older models because they look the same and the look is so cool. It's that iconic Marshals speaker look so clean.
Speaker 2: That's one of the highlights, yes, for us. But we have our ours actually sitting and what I would argue is the nicest area of our home that's most decorated with fine stuff that's not supposed to be touched. That is our dining area, and it sits in that area seamlessly. You never think it's gaudy or looks off there's a speaker sitting over there. But it can sit in a kids room, it can sit there, you can travel. It is a gorgeous gorgeous speaker that we use. It's attached to our record player here, so we have one area of the house we want to play music. That speaker is you specifically for our record player in the house that we're trying to say, trust us on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a sexy speaker, like you said. And I actually wanted since I read some of the bad reviews, I wanted to read some of the better ones. Sound quality is excellent. This speaker is about half the size of a brick, but it gets plenty loud. It can fill a medium or large size room with.
Speaker 2: Ease to that about the size of a brick. There's something about the way it's made that's a very manageable. They make me all kinds of we're looking at our three. One is a smaller rectangle, one is a round short flat one, and another one is a tall cylindrical. They can come in some odd shapes. This is a manageable, but it feels solid and firm.
Speaker 1: It's the best looking of any of the speakers that we have. And this is something else that this it's funny one. People talked about it being complicated or whatever. This user wrote, I love the power indicator. Many speakers do not have a visual battery indicator, but I always like to know when I should go plug it in. The battery life on this device was excellent and I was able to use it for a full day with still over half power. He also said he likes the design of the brass control knobs because it provides an easy way to increase or decrease the volume or to skip tracks, and again he talked about the look. The speaker has a great look. You can place it anywhere and it will not clash with any other items. And the texture gives it a great nostalgic field. That's a good point. It goes with any design, if you have a modern house, if you have a country home, if you like anything in between. It fits all designs because of it's retro look. It just goes well with everything.
Speaker 2: They nailed this one. They nailed this one. And so I'm very curious now about the price. We're not getting too that yet, but now I'm I'm very curious.
Speaker 1: Yes you are, Okay, So when we come back, we will give you the price, we'll tell you where you can buy it, and we will preview our gift number fourteen. It will be our second to last. We're winding this down, but hopefully you've enjoyed some of these really cool, cool holiday gift ideas. We'll be right back. Welcome back everyone, as we are still on fire with our holiday gift idea list. And this one is actually our favorite. I think if we had to pick our favorite gift, this is it. It is the Marshall Emberton three portable BLUETOOTHS speaker. It's waterproof, it's sexy, it sounds great, it can travel with you everywhere. This is the perfect gift. The only drawback is the price tag. Wow, you get what you pay for, though, well, you get what you pay for, and I think that that certainly is the case with this one. This is the third so I said, this is the third iteration in this design, and our our producers had it listed at one hundred and eighty dollars and that's what it normally is. That is the retail price. That is expensive. But on Amazon right now it's on sale for one hundred and forty nine ninety nine, so it's thirty bucks off. And I looked if you wanted to get the Marshal two instead of the Marshal three, right now it's on sale for eighty nine ninety nine, so I feel like that makes it a lot more reasonable. This is for somebody who you really love, you know, But that is that is a higher priced item than than typical a typical speaker. You can get speakers for much, much cheaper, but you can't get a speaker like this.
Speaker 2: I would. Okay, if you want the Emberton two, I promise you you're good, because that's the one we have been sampling. I don't know if the one we had previous had the waterproof feature. May maybe not, but assume they improved along the way. But this is a really I love this itel.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you can go onto Amazon and get it because those are where I found the sale prices, or you can go onto Marshall dot com and order directly from the company as well. But again I would go where the sale is, and Amazon certainly is having it, you know. I wonder even this is we're at a point now where people might even be considering like they might be getting money for Christmas or anticipating getting you know, a cash or some sort of Venmo option. If you then want to buy your own presence this who knows things always go on sale even more after Christmas, so this is a fun one you could even buy for yourself. Merry Christmas to me.
Speaker 2: If anybody is in the market. And we have Bo speakers here, it's not a maunt of sound quality, but this sound quality is good. But the way it looks and the combination here makes this by far the best travel small bluetooth speaker I have ever used. For sure, that is good looking.
Speaker 1: I see it in your head right now. I know it's funny because you're right. We have Bo's, we have Sonos, we have Jbo, we have everything, but this, the Marshal is and you know, I actually consider getting the big one for you at one point, yes, because those are those. I don't know how much those run, but they're so. We actually stayed in an air and Airbnb exactly yep, where they had the big Marshall speaker and I thought, wow, that looks so nice. All right, well, happy shopping everyone on that one. Tomorrow. It'll be Gift number fourteen. This is going to be something. It's a gift that you give to someone, but you're also giving back when you use the gift that they gave you. It actually elevates everyone in the room if you use this gift. So I'm trying to think of another way.
Speaker 2: To teach you. Even I don't know what the next one is, so I don't know it. It's is that that one there?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: The other one? The uh oh, the little set.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a little set. It could be a stocking stuffer. But you just want to make sure you give it to the right person because this could be taken badly if you give it to the wrong person, Like I would give this to Annalyse because she actually specifically loves this brand. But is that a tease?
Speaker 3: I think you have a better way to tease it for the person who is uh challenge with odor. This is why you have to be careful who you give this gift to.
Speaker 1: Alight.
Speaker 2: But I will also say when Sabine saw it, she wanted as well.
Speaker 1: This is a very popular brand, especially with young girls, and you will see it everywhere in Sephora, So I think this would probably be for the young girl in your life.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, okay, terrible, terrible, I apologize, I'll do better tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I chimed in as well. I made it worse with that.
Speaker 1: Everyone. Thank you for listening. I'm Abe Roebuck alongside DJ Holmes. Happy shopping everyone,