Speaker 1: Thanks to all of you for being with us. Right down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program at eight hundred and ninety four one Sean If you want to join us.
Speaker 2: Cash Betel.
Speaker 1: FBI authorities now have released videos and images and images on videos that show a masked arm person at Nancy Guthrie's doorstep the night she was abducted. This is now what ten days in the first and real only significant break in the search for the eighty four year old mother of the Today's co host Today Show co hosts Savannah Guthrie. Black and white images released by the FBI depict a person wearing a ski mask, gloves, backpack what appears to be a holstered handgun. Investigators say the person sit in the images was armed. Authority said the images showed the person tampering with the camera. It looks like this person sees the camera, knows he's being videotaped, goes and tries to, you know, pick flowers or something and cover it up with that. He's wearing heavy gloves. You know, they're not they're not boxing gloves. Some people have said to me that, and they're not. You can tell their fingers on it. But the images now show the person tampering with that camera next to the front door of the house just north of Tucson. The strongest pieces of evidence that in fact, she's been abducted, which has been consistent with what everybody's believed from the beginning, especially the blood on the front steps leading outside of that door, and police have said that the doorbell camera was disconnected. Now, we've been talking at length about new investigative techniques that they have, and I got to tell you got to really handle the law enforcement because they've they've come so far. What is it called celebrate and it is an ability that I didn't even know existed, and that is, the FBI is able to go in and even though somebody might have erased text messages, even encrypted app messages, and you think those things have gone forever, and let's say they don't have a cloud on et cetera, et cetera, or maybe it's a burner phone or whatever, they're able to recover all of those messages because of this new technology.
Speaker 2: Pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Actually, I got to give a shout out to a lot of you people online, and I mean this with all sincerity. Like, and I've said this before on the air, I mean, if you go online, if I want to feel bad about myself, I'll just start reading about comments about myself online.
Speaker 2: And you know, it goes with the territory.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe that there are so many people in this business that give opinions and they're shocked that not everybody in the world agrees with them, and they get offended that people take shots at them. I'm like, well, you're kind of opening yourself up. It goes with the territory. And if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. And Linda, we've joked about that quite a bit. But there are times I've said this many times that I will see something, or Linda or Blair or Sweet Baby James will see something and they'll send it to me and it is wickedly funny, all at my expense, whether it be a meme or a comment or something. And you know, the level of brilliance and creativity of people online sometimes is beyond impressive. Linda, We've had many times where we joked about and I laugh at like, for example, if Colbert and Kimmel were actually funny and when they go after conservatives, it would it'd be worth watching. But they're just angry liberals. They're not funny, like I think that Bill Mark funny. And he's also unpredictable, and it'll take a position that maybe people wouldn't expect him to take. He doesn't have a problem talking to people that he disagrees with. Although if you go on a show, I mean, it's pretty much a stack deck that audience hates conservatives and you're just dead on that show if you're a conservative and you know who the heck needs needs that abuse. But and the same with John Stewart. John Stewart can be very, very funny. I think one of the funniest bits ever done about me was by John Stewart. And you know, at times he will take a shot. Sometimes it's actually warranted. Sometimes that make a good point. I'm like, yeah, that's true. I'm pretty partisan. Yeah, I do support this or that, whatever it happens to be. But I only bring this up for this reason is I don't know if you've Linda, if you're seeing what I'm seeing. Somehow people are able to use these images, these pictures reverse the lighting on it. Yeah, AI, Okay, now I don't know one hundred perc that it's accurate and true.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it probably is. Though.
Speaker 3: It's pretty interesting to see what they can do by doing the reverse lighting and giving you the ability to see that in color, you know, or something close to it. It's almost like when they technicolored all the old black and white movies and you're like, oh, wow, that's so cool. It just enhances your ability to see it a little bit more clearly.
Speaker 2: It definitely does. Now.
Speaker 1: I've saw other analysis. Somebody that knows the you know, that figured out the width of the bricks in the in the doorway leading to the front door of Nancy Guthrie's house, and somebody you know, knew that particular brick and with and height, et cetera, and they just, you know, did their own measurements and they think that this person is five ten or five eleven.
Speaker 2: I mean stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are just some really really smart people that you know, put their genius to work. And I got to tip my hat to these people line they often get criticized. There are crazy people online, and that's fine. And there are people that are just viciously vile and mean and horrible and toxic, and you know, I just don't pay attention. You have to pick and choose what you what you read, and what you watch and what you listen to. But I'm finding that aspect of this very very interesting. The good news is this is the first break we've had in this case.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: It has been frustrating, you know, And I will say this, you know, and occasionally people will complain, well, why why are you covering this? Well? Why did we cover Richard Jewel the way we did? Why did we cover Ducal Cross the way we did? Why did we cover Ferguson Missouri the way we did? Why did we cover George Zimmerman and treymont Martin the way we did? I mean, there are certain cases that kind of capture the attention of the country. I made a broader point, and I did get criticized for this, and I it was I was sincere when I said on TV that this is not a political statement. I don't want it to be infirm to be political, but it's just a fact.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: This is why I often talk about lives mattering. You can see in this one case how much one person's life matters, not only to one individual, Savannah Guthrie, but also to her entire family, and how devastating it is to one family to lose a loved one. And that's why it is frustrating to me. And again I'm not being political here that for two decades I have been scrolling names that nobody ever heard of, nobody ever thinks about, of people that have been shot, shot and killed. Happens every weekend in New York City, Chicago, whatever it happens to be. And I couldn't believe that when Barack Obama was president, during you know, his time in office for eight years, he mentioned his home city of Chicago and the violence there maybe three times. And why did he not make it a priority are to bring law and order and safety and security because those names are just as important to the families of their loved ones as in this particular case. It's not a political statement, it's just a fact. Is that if human life does matter, and I believe everybody, every human being, all of you listening to my voice, were created by a God, a creator. That's why you have your own individual fingerprint, and that God put within you talent and ability. And when you hear about people young people in particular, and they're killed in the prime of their life. It is tragic and it needs to be paid attention to. You know, they had these ridiculous, absurd hearings on Capitol Hill today attacking Ice and we'll get into the issue later in the program. And I'm sitting there listening to people, first of all, Rodney Scott with the CBP, he's their commissioner, touting all the accomplishments they have captured, hundreds of thousands of unvetted Biden Harris illegals, unvetted alout in this country, and among them known terrorists and murderers and rapists and child molesters and drug dealers, cartel members, and they never get any credit for it. And you know they have, they have all these coordinated, well funded insurgencies trying to prevent legal law enforcement and laws of this country from being enforced. Andy Basheer wants to put his hat in the ring and potentially be a Democratic presidential candidate for twenty twenty eight. So he goes on the view. He knows his constituency, he knows if he wants to get the nomination, he's got to go hard, hard left, and he's not. He didn't sound at all like the conservative that he's always tried to, you know, portray himself as.
Speaker 2: And it's just sad.
Speaker 1: I mean, even at one point, believe it or not, you have this Congresswoman Lamonica mcgiver asking todd Lyons if he thinks he's going to hell. I mean, this is how absurd this whole thing got, you know, or mister feng Fang, Eric Swalwell, you know, asking if if todd Lyons is going to apologize to the families of Renee Good and Alex Pretty. In the Renee Good case, I think it's pretty cut and dry. She did accelerate her car was in the direction of an ice agent. That ice agent, by every objective measure, was hit and that resulted in internal bleeding and injuries. And you know, I'm at that point when do people have become responsible? We saw the tape ten days earlier, and I'll concede the point to Alex Pretty's attorney that what happened ten days ago, when when this guy was attacking and calling out and cursing out and spitting out and kicking the tail light off that car of law enforcement, I mean, it does give you a glimpse into his mindset. It's separate and apart from what happened that day, but he did go to that protest. He was up close and personal to those agents. Probably by that point he'd been at so many of those things. I might guess, I don't know. I know he went to the ten days prior. He might have even been known. But he was armed. And you know, if you, if you're a responsible gun owner, I would advise you never to do that. But that's again an untold story. But the bigger picture here is you can see in this case why life matters. And sometimes maybe it takes one case to remind us that every life matters. And then you ask us, well, why do some people why do we only hear about the George Floyds. You know, Gianno Colwell's a friend of ours on this program, and his brother was one of those many names of a young man who nothing wrong, just just hanging out and got shot and killed in Chicago. And Giano's now is pretty much to change the trajectory of his life, and he's dedicated his life to helping to end crime in Chicago and stop it and bring attention to it.
Speaker 2: But all these people never pay attention to it.
Speaker 1: You know, if it's not happening to you, what it's not happening, it is happening, and it just does raise awareness. And I'm I'm all I am saying in this is that every life does matter. And you know, I never understood why Democrats wouldn't stand for the family of Lake and Riley. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't stand for the family of Joscelyn Nungary. I mean Lake and Riley, nursing student brutally murdered on a jog. Poor Joscelyn Hungary, twelve years old, brutally raped, and then you know, murdered and thrown in a river. And you know, do you think those families are ever going to be the same again?
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: And at that point I just made a determination that politics Trump's everything. Unfortunately for this modern Democratic Party, and their hatred of Donald Trump guides that have their every move because if you can't stand and honor those families that lost everything, I mean, think about it, if you lost a twelve year old daughter, if you lost a nursing student daughter, you know, do you think you'd ever be the same again? When we had Nancy Grace on this program, and I part of me regrets asking her how she got so engaged in crime and what she had lived through and that was the murder of her fiance and how it impacted her life, that also changed the trajectory of her life and how to this day she's not the same person she was before that happened. And that's what families across this country. That's why restoring law and order and bringing safety and security and getting rid of criminals in this country and not defunding, dismantling police and reimagining police and keeping people in jail. That means you need bail laws. You know, that's why you do need voter ID what Linda, you know, it matters. And my prayer, my hope is is that they find Nancy Guthrie. It just becomes the breakthrough that we've been hoping for. In this case, it's ten days later. I know she needs her medication badly. I am working under the assumption she's alive and I'm going to stay there unless, you know, God forbid we get bad news. I don't want bad news. We have enough violence and death in this country will continue. Ay you're ready to get out of the media spin room.
Speaker 4: Well, you've come to the right place.
Speaker 3: It is the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 1: You know, you gotta sometimes just stop and pause and think. And you know, I've been friends with Cash Patel and Dam Bongino and Pam Bondy, and you know, I observe everything. I try not to get into the intramural squabbles that go on among conservatives because I think they've all lost the plot by you know, shooting at each other instead of focusing on the bigger picture, which is the left in this country and their policies, I mean, the idea. They don't want voter id really, they want to defund ice. Really, they want to defund this mental no bail all of this nonsense. And then of course they vote for the largest tax increase in history. They don't stand up for working men and women getting rid of taxes on tips and overtime. They don't stand up for the elderly, no tax on social security. You know, they think paying higher gas prices is the price of democracy. And I just think of this, and this is what I know has frustrated Dan Bongino and Cash and Pam and they just is this, you know, Republicans and conservatives and even people click, I would argue, are conveniently maga, because if you look at their history and the things that they've said in every single case, they've been, you know, only conveniently maga. But putting that aside, and I'm like, you guys lost the plot because the left in the country, if they're back in power, they will destroy the country. And while we might have some differences, is more that should unite us. You know, Reagan said, if we're eighty percent in agreement, you're not my enemy, you're my friend, and I think sometimes we need to remember that. All Right, we'll have more on these new developments, images, videos of Nancy Guthrie's abductor straight ahead, let me give you a little bit of background of foxnews dot com reporting federal agents arrived in Tucson last week. And I've known this is going on, but I've kind of stayed quiet about it. I'm sure you can put together why I know. But the federal agents did not exactly receive a warm welcome, and by that I mean the FBI in this howering, you know, search for Nancy Guthrie and he's abducted from this house by force. They have no leads at all. It's from her home and Catalina in the foothills in northern Tucson around two thirty am and according to the Pima County Sheriff, law enforcement sources described a delay in local cooperation with federal investigators. Now jurisdiction lies with local law enforcement. They have to ask for help. President Trump very early on said he's making available all federal resources, meaning law enforcement, in the search for Nancy Guthrie. And so they were there, willing able to help. And you know, it's sad because it delayed the cooperation. Now, if you look at some of the the techniques and the equipment that the FBI has, it is you know, for example, like Celebrate, which has the ability to take even messages that were erased not on the cloud.
Speaker 2: Uh, and they're able to recover them.
Speaker 1: This is probably how they were able to recover this this video.
Speaker 2: Uh, what do you call it?
Speaker 4: Ring?
Speaker 2: What do you call it ring? Ring?
Speaker 3: She has ring and she has nest.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds to me and I'm guessing here, I don't know, I haven't seen an exact report on it, that that's probably how they recovered all of this and it probably happened to Quantico, would probably happened because of FBI participation in this. And I don't understand. This happens too often with law enforcement, and when it does happen, it frustrates me to no end because you know, the goal should be not who gets the credit, but just get the job done. And you know, people should, you know, want to cooperate with each other. There's a lot happening too that I want to just tell you about. And the first person that brought this up was last night. This was Nancy Gray said, it's time and she's like everybody in that family, everybody that knew Nancy Guthrie ought to get you know, they ought to sit for a light detector test.
Speaker 2: She wasn't wrong.
Speaker 1: Now we have a report today that Nancy Guthrie's landscaper, pool cleaner, other hired helper submitting swabs. You know, it's now more than a week after the suspected abduction from her home in Tucson. According to law enforcement sources, the move likely means that DNA results have finally come back from inside of the house. Last week, the Pima County Sheriff said at a news conference, DNA testing on evidence outside the home, including the blood drops outside the front door, came back to Guthrie. If you know, it's significant because it reveals that maybe they did get some DNA from inside the home, although if it's people that worked in the home, that might not be unusual. But it's something to go on looking, you know, at this point, the look of everything they could possibly find. You know, the latest is, you know that this ransom deadline number two came and went, and we don't know for sure. They've not said whether or not there was another bitcoin address. Now, Harvey Levin of TMZ in the original note, he did not get the other two notes that went to a local news station in Tucson, but he does make it he does have a good theory regarding that that he thinks that in the original note they said that the mother would be returned within nine hours, and if they did pay the money, that period of time is long since coming gone. And if you if you make a radius of a nine hour drive that would also include parts of Mexico. That's got to concern people too. I'm sure law enforcement is thinking about that as well. The reward is still in place, by the way, with the FBI fifty thousand dollars and I'm not sure. I am thinking based on the brilliant people in this country that go online and we're able to use artificial intelligence reverse the lighting, assuming that's real, and I think it is real, Linda, I'm pretty sure that's real. And you get a much clearer picture of the guy. No, granted he has this this full face ski mask on, but you do see certain facial features. You get a much cleaner view of the individual, a much cleaner view. So, now that we have the video, and obviously this person was self conscious, noticed that the camera was there, or knew that the camera was there, I don't know. And then you know, went and seemed to pick up, you know, dirt and flowers and wanted to cover that camera pretty pretty desperately. But you know, security experts are saying the FBI is best suited to handle this, and that's why it's frustrating that and I knew this from the beginning that they were kind of being pushed off to the side, and the chief defended the investigation, say, critics haven't got a clue. Isn't that the same guy that was at the basketball game? Linda, I don't know if I'd be at a basketball game. If I was in charge of a case like this, would you be at a basketball game? I don't think I would be.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of things about this case that are super weird. But you know, in looking at the comments online, you know, one of the things that I was talking about with the team, and that's really troubling, is there's a lot of people missing right now. A lot of them are kids. And obviously this is a celebrity, so it gets celebrity attention, it gets federal reinforcement. We got senators involved, we got the President involved. There's a girl in the same area in Tucson. She's like, I think she's seventeen or eighteen years old. She's been missing since the middle of January. Nobody's doing anything for her, you know, just a little kid. Haven't seen her in you know, a month. And I think that's the thing that average Americans are struggling with. Well, my heart goes out to the Guthrie family and any family whose mother's son, uncle, cousin, brother, aunt, friend has been kidnapped and is missing. It's heartbreaking. But the amount of coverage that we are seeing on this. It's heartbreaking that we can't do this kind of investigation for everybody. It's really sad. But I will say it's awesome to see what you said. These people coming out online doing what they're doing. It's their ability to pick up little things and things you don't see, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I think that's really cool.
Speaker 1: I love their genius and if they make fun of me sometimes. I love when they're really funny. I really do. And I love what their ability to do all of it. I mean, you've seen all the AI generated videos of a wedding of mind that never took place.
Speaker 2: I mean it's hilarious. I find that it.
Speaker 3: Tux was great though, you looked fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'd look fantastic.
Speaker 3: Your AI version of you was looking very sharp on your fake wedding day, So kudos.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just think it's funny.
Speaker 1: Me crying though, that one pissed me off because I don't cry.
Speaker 3: But the twins, the twins looked very healthy at birth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the twins.
Speaker 3: Can't believe what you read online, guys, especially with AI is scary.
Speaker 1: The worst part is is some of my closest friends see it, like on Facebook.
Speaker 2: I got so social media messages.
Speaker 1: So well, well, you didn't have to invite me, but you could have at least told me, oh my, oh my gosh, what's wrong with you. We've been friends forever, You've read every horrible thing about me in the world. I do think that there are things that we should pay attention to. There's a former SWAT team captain. His name is Josh Schirard. He was interviewed by the Daily Mail and you know, again, this gets very complicated in terms of what's the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do, in terms of if if you're not able to communicate with the people that you believe have your loved one and they don't show proof of life, then it becomes, you know, a little more dicey. The fact that this was a kind of suff Look what I'm seeing in this video is somebody that this is a premeditated crime and with a lot of thought and sophistication behind the bitcoin ploy Because as soon as you have a bitcoin address, if that money was ever sent, now we know it wasn't sent to the original address, but another address could be set up, another account could be set up. In ten minutes, It's not that hard to do anybody that has had any cryptocurrency, But with no direct line established between the Guthrie family, it's a much harder call. Veteran FBI special agent Lands Lessing of Arizona suggested that the fact that the notes were sent to media outlets rather than negotiators or family members, that that's a red flag to him, and his analysis was, it's a legitimate if it's in a legitimate ransom case. Kidnappers move fast, They established leverage quickly, communication begins within hours, not days, of an abduction. Proof of life is produced early and often, and this case has not followed the history of a typical kidnapping at all. Now, another thing is ninety percent of the time these are just the odds. And I'm not casting aspersions and we don't rush to judgment, but ninety percent of abductions do involve someone that the abducted person knows, and a lot of times, unfortunately that's family or someone very very close to the family, or in the case of Elizabeth Smart, somebody that worked at the family home that the father was doing a favor for so And another thing, we don't know everything that law enforcement knows, and that's why I.
Speaker 3: Signed to that point. Josh Cherart is actually a friend of our show. He's the director of law enforcement for Berner, but he's a thirty year SWAT officer, and the one thing that he's been talking a lot about is how the elderly are easy prey and Berne is doing a whole thing on helping the elderly and getting them armed and teaching them self defense, because it's not just like women or children, it's there's a whole other class of people that are being preyed upon. Hence this case.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hope people see to your point earlier that you you ask a very legitimate question. Young girl's been missing for a long time in the same area and nobody knows their name. That's a problem. That all the people shot shot and killed every weekend in Chicago. I've been talking about it for decades. I've scrolled their names for decades. That's a problem. You know all these you know Lake and Riley's family, Rachel Morin's family, you know, all those lives matter. And maybe as a result of this, maybe people will take you know the fact that we need law and order and not defund dismantle NOBIL, and we need to fund the ice not defund ice, and that we need voter ID and things like that. Maybe people's perspectives will change a little bit. And again I'm not really trying to be political here, it's just common sense. Let's go to Doug in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Doug, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing good, Sean. I just wanted to tell you thank you for all you do.
Speaker 2: Without thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: We wouldn't get a lot of the information we do. But I want to be the bad guy for you. I know you don't want to, and I completely understand. And let me say that I hope and I pray that this idea that I am thinking on is completely wrong. But let's look at it from the eyes of the kidnapper himself. And I don't think anybody has really done that if you were the kidnapper now, and let's go on the presumption that the the brandom was a ransom was not paid yesterday, Being that as it would look to the kidnapper, they don't know who you are. They haven't been able to trace your email. It almost seems like you wouldn't want to be making any more contact than you had to because you're exposing yourself. What is the chances there that they have already taken her life, gotten rid of her body, and we're never going to hear from the kidnapper or see her mother's or you know, retrieve the remains. I pray to God that doesn't happen. But if you look at it through the eyes of the kidnapper, that would seem to be a viable option for them. And I pray that I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I pray you're wrong too. It's certainly something that is real. I'm not going to sit here and put my head in a send. Doug, appreciate it. I know where you're coming from. Americans have a heart. Americans are good people, all right, quickly, Susan Arizona. Hey, Susan John.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to comment on the sheriff who went to the University of Arizona game basketball game instead of being at work or whatever. And my husband and I are both former law enforcements. I was a federal agent, he's a Phoenix cop, and we we're total opposites on that. He thinks he's kind of like, oh, give him a break. Everybody needs a rest. And I said, I said, the reason that I think it's terrible is because when something like that happens, whether you're FBI or cops or whatever, sheriff's deputies, it's all hands on deck. And if I, as just a regular agent, had tickets to a game and said, hey, I really need to go to this game. I have the tickets, they were just tough, just tough, and so as a leader, I think you have to lead by example. So I just thought it was interesting that the both of us buried so deep.
Speaker 1: You know, it gets me, Matt, like, if my kids take off a day from work, they better give me a good reason or I get pissed. I'm like, you know, like one day last week, I got a tooth pulled on a root canal. On the same day, I still did radio and TV. I like to show up for work, you know. I mean, Linda takes off all the time. It's infuriating.
Speaker 3: That's me footloose and fancy free.
Speaker 1: No, it's teasing. Eight hundred and nine point one, Sean. If you want to be a part of the program, all right, we'll continue.
Speaker 5: By the way.
Speaker 1: Nicole Parker on the other side, also will check in with Jason Pack, retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent