Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser and I'm Tim Steadabeck he is. Indeed, let's take a look at some stocks in the move this week. Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent Nora Melinda is in the house taking a look with some of the movers this past week.
Speaker 4: Quite a few.
Speaker 5: I had to really narrow it down, but that's kind of fun. Let's start with General Motors. Let's sick our GM.
Speaker 6: This is the second biggest performer that we saw in the S and P five hundred, behind Intuitive Surgical, and we did see the stock gaining nineteen percent this week. This is all after years, right, insane fifteen percent surge on Tuesday of this week.
Speaker 5: That's really what's propelled this stack.
Speaker 6: The stock hire this after the automaker raise its profit, guidance on buoyant truck sales, and of course a dose of terror for relief.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've been talking about four a lot this week as well. It's one of its.
Speaker 6: Competitors, and it seems as though there is some positive guidance coming out of these companies here and on Friday, of course, we do know that General Motors announced that it would be cutting hundreds of salaried workers due to what the company is calling business conditions. But we do see this talk up about thirty one percent on the air.
Speaker 4: Wow, all right, so GM up.
Speaker 3: Of course, ticker GM up about nineteen percent this week. I am just going to throw a ford in there, because it's up sixteen percent this week.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's you know, some ounperfect.
Speaker 1: That's an honorable mention you can say. But how much of that can today, Carol?
Speaker 3: Because okay, four chairs details.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying twelve percent just today, all right, Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twelve percent today. You're right, You're right, all right.
Speaker 4: Moving on to Warner Brothers Discovery. It's a busy one.
Speaker 1: This one is a good one.
Speaker 4: I forgot that this was a big story this week. I mean it really was.
Speaker 6: It was a big story. It feels like so much has happened this week. I had to dial back a few days. But this is among the top performers this week, rising sixteen percent, And of course, this after an eleven percent surge that we saw on Tuesday and This is not that a company said that it's considering a possible sale after unsolicited interest from a course what we know to be multiple companies including Netflix, Netflix and Comcast both saying that they could be potentially interested in this company. But I mean, if you look at a year to date basis, I was digging into some of the numbers up for triple digits this year. WBD up one hundred percent so far this year.
Speaker 3: So it's you go the dees page, right, it's one hundred percent, one hundred point zero nine percent, but clean number, so it's doubled this year.
Speaker 1: Let's remind everybody, Yes, what is under the Warner Brothers Discovery umbrella. A lot of stuff HBO, Max, HBO, Warner Brothers, HGTV, CNN, Discovery, Oprah, Winfrey Network, DC, and then you get into the smaller stuff. But that's kind of.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, so what's not what's not Discovery?
Speaker 1: I will say, if you if you max out Warner Brothers Discovery from when it became this iteration of a public traded company, which was back in twenty twenty two, share spike then in April of twenty twenty two at twenty six dollars a share still below the twenty one dollars a share where they are now.
Speaker 4: So TVD we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Since the industry has been under a ton of pressure. The story, we've told that story quite a bit, but this year's performance on that news or the idea of potential acquisitions.
Speaker 3: Doxia companies in play and listen, it's all about you know, we've talked with a lot of unlets about content right and IP procurement, and so you got to believe that anybody interested is getting, you know, hopefully some really good intellectual property that they can monetize in a big way.
Speaker 4: Speaking of kind of content.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we talked to her.
Speaker 6: Two names in the green. Let's talk about one that ended in the red. This is Netflix. Take her in FLX the third biggest decliner in the S and P five hundred, shedding more than eight percent this week. It lost ten percent on Wednesday after of course, we know it's earnings revealed a tax dispute with Brazil, which cut into its third quarter earnings. Of course, this is a company where a lot of investors are used to upside surprises here, so this was definitely a drag on the company this week, and of course this really just raises broader growth concerns for investors that are used to positivity here for the stock. But shares of Netflix still up but twenty three percent this year.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.