Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, and welcome to Morning Ron. We made it.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, June twenty seventh. I'm Amy Robot.
Speaker 3: Wow, let's get through this thing before we declare we made it. No, we are going to make it through this and make it through this well. Good morning through you all. I'm TJ. Holmes. We've got a Friday morning run for you. On the Run this morning, the White House doesn't think Congress can be trusted with sensitive information, so are they going to give them less of it? Yes, the search is on for the leaker who put a damper on the president's damage assessment of the Iran strike.
Speaker 1: And the jury in the Diddy trial could start deliberations as soon as today, but will they have to endure another five hour closing argument today as well? And one of the greatest female runners ever tried to do something yesterday that no woman has ever done and the result wasn't even close.
Speaker 3: Also on the Run this morning, Brad Pitt is out there trying to promote F one and gets an FU from a group of thieves who took advantage of the fact that he wasn't home. Also, one state wants to charge Taylor Swift an extra one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars why just to continue to have a home in their state.
Speaker 2: Plus on the run.
Speaker 1: An arrest has been made in a crime that happened four months ago in New Orleans. And you might be called as a witness in that case because you're probably among the one hundred and thirty three million.
Speaker 2: Of us who saw it happen.
Speaker 1: And it's a theme song every one of us can hume right now, Mission impossible. Yes, the man behind that tune has passed away at the age of ninety three.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the accompaniment, you got it.
Speaker 3: Also this morning, folks, he made the world a little lighter. The actor who played one of the lovable characters from Dukes of Hazzard has passed away suddenly. Also, the annual and ultimate list of the best airlines in the world is out one through twenty and not one is a US carrier on that list. Ouch, I didn't know. You said. This is a big deal list in the airline.
Speaker 1: Errst so they referred to it as the Oscars of the airline industry and wan wah for Americans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did twenty though it was five, maybe ten.
Speaker 1: And I haven't even flown on hardly any of these. I got a lot of lists to check off here after I saw that one. We begin our run in Washington, d C. On this Friday morning, where the White House is pissed saying leak, we limit the administration announcing it will now limit the amount of intelligence it will share with Congress after that leaked Iran report, no.
Speaker 3: White House officials says they will now simply post less information to the system used to share classified material with Congress. President Trump was outraged after some media outlets reported a leaked early assessment of the damage from the US strikes on Iran. That report said Iran's nuclear program had only been set back by possibly three to six months. That flies in the face of what Trump and his officials were telling us, which was total obliteration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big difference there.
Speaker 1: And when reporters asked Speaker of the House Mike Johnson if he thought that leak came from Congress, Johnson said, that's my suspicion. While it's officially unknown who leaked the report, Congress did have access to it, and senators were further briefed on the strike's impact Thursday afternoon by administration officials.
Speaker 2: Their reaction to that was shockingly along party lines.
Speaker 3: So what did the Democrats say? Okay? Well, the Secretary of Defense Pete Hegxsath held a press conference earlier in the day with members of the media where he scolded members of the media for reporting on the classified report. Hexeth, along with help from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, detailed the impact of the strikes, saying Iron's nuclear program had in fact been severely damaged and some key sites had been destroyed.
Speaker 1: Next up on the run, It is a big day in DC. It is the final day of the Supreme Court term, and it's going to be a doozy. Six major rulings all expected today.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This first one here is huge. Most anticipated one is going to be whether the Court is going to allow President Trump to enforce his changes to birthright citizenship while it continues to be challenged in lower courts. That decision could make it harder for judges to block any of the President's policies moving forward. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Court will also rule on five other cases involving voting rights, religious rights, healthcare rights, and a case involving age restrictions for porn sites, and an FCC program that subsidizes phone and internet services. Folks are saying, this is one of the biggest drops the Supreme Court has ever done in a single day.
Speaker 2: So the world will be watching.
Speaker 3: You're gonna drop all of us on Friday and then go out for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, no out for the year. This is the end of their term.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm thinking about White House. We're used to them dropping things on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Yes, so no one knows Boord notices.
Speaker 3: It's not the that it is different at the Supreme Court. It's not just the weekend thing.
Speaker 2: They're heading out for the summer after this.
Speaker 3: Take this, guys, all right, we'll get to you on the run. This morning with the Diddy trial, the jury listen to a nearly five hour closing argument from the prosecution yesterday, taking them through each of the counts against Sean Combs and telling them it's time to hold him accountable. Prosecutors had originally, you might remember, asked for just four hours for closing.
Speaker 1: Christy Slovak candled the closing for the government and had the task of summarizing the case in a matter of hours. That took the government seven weeks to present during the trial. Diddy's defense expected to present its closing argument today and it's also expected to take around or at least four hours, and.
Speaker 3: Then after that the prosecution gets time for a rebuttal. Not exactly sure how long they are going to take, but also maybe how much they're going to be limited. Don't know if they'll the judge will put them one o'clock, but after that the jury's going to get instructions, and then deliberations could potentially start as early as today, depends on what happens in that courtroom. The judge seemed to be open to letting the jurors decide their own schedule, So likely Monday is when they're going to get started with the liberation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes the most sense, So we will keep you updated on that.
Speaker 2: Always check for our ditty updates throughout the day.
Speaker 1: We will have probably more than one today given the scope of what we're going to be looking at all. Right. Next up on the run, a three time Olympic gold medalist and the greatest middle distance runner of all time, attempted to become the first woman to run a mile in less than four minutes. I didn't realize no woman has ever done that, But unfortunately she came up six point four to two seconds short.
Speaker 3: That's a big it is, yeah, when you're talking about this faith kit. Yegon still was able to set another personal record in yesterday's attempt. She ran the fastest mile ever by a woman and beat her own world record by nearly a full second, but her time will not officially count in the record books because she got an assist here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of assists.
Speaker 1: Kipiegon had a set of thirteen male pacers who helped her with a carefully planned out route and formation to reduce the amount of wind resistance she faced.
Speaker 2: She also wore a Nike.
Speaker 1: Specialized speed suit and sports braw to try and make her more aerodynamic.
Speaker 2: They also created special cleats just for her, and yet still she came up massively short every event.
Speaker 3: This is This was deemed impossible for a long long time. Nobody's gonna run a four minute mile. Then one man did it, and now so many thousands of ents have done this. Now to think she had every shoe, every advantage, every technology, pacers, everything in place, and still came up that short. This is it's just amazing. What the limits of physical what your capabilities are? Yeah? Men and women?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, And there is a stark difference between the two. And this is probably one of the clearest examples. And you know, I my heart went out to her because hey, you know what, I give her huge kudos for trying.
Speaker 3: Great. No, no, she might be the greatest ever to put on a prayer of cleatse. Wait.
Speaker 2: So that said, you know you have a lot to lose.
Speaker 1: Then if you say I'm going to try to do this and you fail in front of the world that is watching. And so I just think that takes a tremendous amount no matter how skilled she is, it takes a tremendous amount of confidence to go out there and try it and fail. So I give her total kudos for going for it. And maybe she'll keep trying.
Speaker 3: And we watched her during the Olympics. She is and as runners, she is otherworldly. Yes, all right, we'll continue here on the run. We're gonna head to la where police are investigating a burglary at Brad Pitt's home. La Bleez are now looking for three people who reportedly climbed over the front fence and broke into Pitts home through the front window.
Speaker 1: It happened around ten thirty pm Wednesday night, while Pitt was away promoting.
Speaker 2: His movie f One.
Speaker 1: He was in London and Japan, and that was widely publicized, so it was likely they knew he wasn't home, and no one thankfully was home at the time of the break.
Speaker 3: You always suppose leave a couple lights on to make people think.
Speaker 1: You're home when but when you're walking the red carpets in real time and people know where you are, it's kind of obvious you're not home. So police say the three suspects ransacked his home and were very vague. I love the description that police gave us about what the suspects were able to get away with. They said that thieves took an unknown amount of miscellaneous property that.
Speaker 3: Could be worth millions in his house.
Speaker 2: Though exactly, that's the vaguest description I've ever seen of what the loot was that burglars got away with.
Speaker 3: That I mean, have some memorabilia in there. Yeah, he's not really a flashy kind of guy.
Speaker 2: No, but I think you know, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Police don't want to give the exact amount because they don't want to encourage other thieves to go and say, wow, you could walk in there through the front window and walk out with millions. And there have been a string of robberies. Might yes, and even like Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's home, when you are seen somewhere else, you know they know you're not home.
Speaker 3: So yeah, my front porch light on trick doesn't work, Probably not for them. All right, we'll continue on the run. Now, and there's a new tax being proposed in Rhode Island. Now they're calling this thing the Taylor Swift tax. Now your mind might start to race. What could that possibly mean? Well, Rhode Islands twenty twenty six budget just passed by committee. It includes a tax for non primary residences valued at more than a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Do explain real, Yes, Taylor Swift purchased a beachfront mansion in that state twelve years ago. The tax is officially called Non Owner Occupied Property Tax Act, but it's affectionately referred to as the Taylor Swift tax.
Speaker 2: That kind of has a ring to it, I guess.
Speaker 1: So if the budget passes, how much more would Swift be tax?
Speaker 3: Okay, she bought the house, so she's had a house in your state since twenty thirteen, So at the time it was worth around seventeen million dollars. Now it hasn't as set of about twenty eight million dollars. So the change means with this law, she would owe one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars annually extra just.
Speaker 2: Cus, just cause, I mean think about it.
Speaker 1: She's already going to have property taxes annually period like what every other resident is going to have in that state, but now this is an added tax.
Speaker 3: Well just cus. But what do they say they're trying to do. It's trying to balance a budget or just I mean, what are they doing?
Speaker 1: It seems as though they're punishing people who don't permanently live in their states.
Speaker 3: So is that Are they trying to encourage or discourage? It seems like you're trying to discourage people from having homes there.
Speaker 2: It feels like that.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how many people could possibly afford a twenty eight million dollar beachfront mansion, you know, So what's going to happen if you were discouraging folks from coming in and purchasing homes?
Speaker 2: I guess those homes would what what are you.
Speaker 3: Encouraging people to stay. Are you encouraging people to leave? Are you encouraging people to courage You're.
Speaker 2: Just trying to be a little greedy and make some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: It's usually about money.
Speaker 3: But even when you say a lot of people say she.
Speaker 2: Could afford it, that is usually the first thing people would say.
Speaker 3: It's a principle involved.
Speaker 2: She doesn't mean she should have to.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to read into that one some more. All right, Uh, where we're headed now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, next up, we got a crime here that was committed that all of us were witnessed to heroes. We're down in New Orleans for this one. Can somebody plead not guilty to a crime if one hundred and thirty three million people? So you commited? We'll talking about the halftime performer who unfurled protest flag during Kendrick Lamar's halftime show. Well, he has now been arrested in Louisiana. Yes, the show was four and a half months ago. We know what. They're just getting around to making this arrest.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we switched reads by accident because I didn't start reading my script, and so now I am stuck with the name that I cannot pronounce. So I'm going to have you jump in, babe, because I'm hoping you have checked this out.
Speaker 2: No, you don't know. Okay. Police announced the arrest yesterday of forty.
Speaker 3: One year old Zulkarnan Kwame Non Tambu. He is from New Orleans and he has been charged now with resistance an officer and disturbing the piece by interruption of a lawful assembly.
Speaker 2: That was really good. I just wow, I'm swooning a little.
Speaker 3: We've learned, We've learned this how many years into journalists.
Speaker 2: Just say it with authority, Just say it with confidence.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows if I got that right.
Speaker 2: It seemed like you were totally right, all right.
Speaker 1: That assembly happened to be the Super Bowl halftime show, where he had been legitimately hired as a performer but was not authorized to hop on top of a car during the show and display a flag that said Sue Dan and free Gaza on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all evidenced and we all saw it. He's been banned now.
Speaker 1: For life by the NFL from everything, and now yes he is facing charges.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, stay with us, folks here on this Friday morning run. When we come back. We need to say goodbye to two entertainers, one who gave us a song we'll never forget. The other put a smile on our face in Hazard County. Also coming up this morning the list of the best airlines in the world, Delta United. Y'all need to step your game up, all right. We continue on this Friday morning run now and we say thank you to a composer who gave us one of the most enduring, catchy and instantly recognizable tunes in entertainment history. We're talking about Lalo Schiffrin. He has passed away at the age of ninety three, and a lot of people don't know that name.
Speaker 1: Probably do No, I would never be able to tell you who that was. In fact, I think when I saw his name, I said, who is that in the rundown?
Speaker 2: And you told me? And of course he's the guy who.
Speaker 1: Wrote the Mission Impossible theme song, written originally for the TV show that aired between nineteen sixty six to nineteen seventy three. He later updated the song for the Mission Impossible movies that started up in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: Schiffrin, originally from Argentina, came from a musical fan and came to the United States, where he became a prolific writer of music in Hollywood. He was nominated for six Oscars, including for the movie Cool Hand Luke and I thought you'd like it, Wow, Amityville Horror. So even if you didn't know, he touched your life in some way, and so many things he did. He is a Grammy winner as well, and received an honorary Oscar back in twenty eighteen. But that theme song is just everybody knows, no matter what age you are, everybody knows.
Speaker 2: It and it makes you feel something.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's that's incredible to be able to write that music without any words, any lyrics, and still in part of meaning and a feeling and just an instant recognizable hit.
Speaker 3: He said he wanted to take off some of the seriousness of it and wanted to be a little fun and wanted to sound the way it did. I didn't you musicians out there. A five to four signature is some rare form of writing the note, but that's why it comes across the way. It is four and supposed to be four beats, right don Dune, but he puts it in five. It's a five to four. So done done, done done. That's four beats, but the first two are longer done done done done done, done done done. That's a five four signature. I learned all that this morning, and it's wise as catchy as it is.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we are gonna talk about cleaning it is. Remember him Deputy Cletus Hog on the Dukes of Hazzard. He was that sweet second cousin twice removed to Boss Hog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that guy we're talking about that character. Well, the guy who played on rick Hurst has passed away suddenly at the age of seventy nine. No further details, No cause of death was released, and ropes he had like appearances that were scheduled, so he was still out there in actors. So this was a sudden passing. He was originally from Houston, has degrees from Tulane and Temple. He has has a master's in fine arts. But we know him from his starring role on Dukes of Hazzard. Listen to this. In that time rose around the seventies, he appeared in Everything Wow, Sanford and Son, Partridge Family, Happy Days, Little House on the Prairie, Max six Million dollars, Man Gunsmoke.
Speaker 2: All of the big hits he had.
Speaker 3: See he appeared in all of them at some point. So this was a working guy and he was around.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing. And the official Duke's Instagram page, I didn't know they had one still wrote in a statement that Rick's passing is a profound loss, but his memory will forever ride shotgun in the hearts of those who grew up watching him, laughing with him and loving him. Rest easy, Rick, You made the world a little lighter. And that was such a great show. I remember Friday nights sitting waiting for it to come on. Duke's a Hazard.
Speaker 3: That last line, it stood out to me. You made the world a little lighter. We can all think about that, like, what are you bringing into the world?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you today in somebody's life when they walk away from you, how are they going to feel a little lighter? That's just an easy little thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, to brighten up every room you walk into or leave it better, A little lighter, all.
Speaker 3: Right, final leg of our run. On this Friday, the OSCARS of the airline industry has put out its annual list of the top twenty best airlines in the world. Not one US airline made.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen ninety nine, Skytracks has determined the airline rankings based on results from the largest airline passengers Satisfaction survey, and topping this year's list Cutter Airways, And not only did it win World's Best Airline for the ninth year in a row, it also topped the list in several subcategories.
Speaker 3: Best Airline in the Middle East, World's Best Business Class, Best Business Class Airline Lounge. Now, Middle East and Asian airlines dominated much of this list. Yes, we got to Cutter at the top, but Singapore Airlines was in seconds.
Speaker 1: Yes, followed by I'm gonna probably massacre some of these pronunciations, but hopefully you all know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Cathay, Pacific Emirates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always wanted to fly Emirates, heard a lot about it, never ever had the chance. Ana Al Nippon Airways, Turkish Airlines, Korean air Air France, I've flown on Air France obviously. Japan Airlines and Hanan Airlines round out the top ten. But you know, even British Airways I believe, was in the top twenty. But not a lot of airlines that are familiar to many Americans.
Speaker 3: I guess what are we we just a different time or a more budget. You're catering to an American audience. These these airlines are top some of these who been on they don't even look like anything we could pull off in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they focus on luxury, and I don't know. I actually now want to look up and see, like what is the average cost of a seat in cutter airways? That would be interesting. I'm thinking I'm going to do that as soon as we're not with the rut then book. It probably can't afford it.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, on this Friday, before we let you go, something wants you to take with you, something to consider. It is our quote of the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this is when I love to go way back and say, you know what, even folks who lived centuries ago get us today and we're still dealing with the same stuff.
Speaker 2: So this comes from Socrates. I think this is a loose translation, but the.
Speaker 1: Quote is what screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: It's probably a direct quote. Sound like some Socrates will saying, yeah, well you know what screwed me up to the Yeah, it sounds.
Speaker 2: Like Socrates rends me of that song suposed to be.
Speaker 3: I like that translation posed to be, Yeah, of what's supposed to be. But yeah, this is obviously we talk about this so much, and it's so much training that's involved in keeping that in mind. When you're in the middle of a storm, you just have an idea of what the world is supposed to be, what's supposed to happen round and that's the thing that ends up causing disappointment and even depression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, this is another example of how we create our own suffering. It's just another reminder to accept what is. And once you're okay with what is, Michael Singer says that everything's okay as long as you're okay with everything, and that's really the mindset that well I continue to try to be in. Doesn't always work, but Socrates perhaps said it best when he said what screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of what it's so supposed to be.
Speaker 2: And before we let you go, just want to love.
Speaker 1: We just want to ask you all if you would check out our new relationship advice colin with Yahoo.
Speaker 2: It's in the life section. This week's question comes to us from C and R.
Speaker 1: I will summarize the question. It says, I'm fifty nine, she is nineteen. Can you offer some non judgmental feedback about how or whether to pursue this relationship.
Speaker 3: Yes, we had some opinions on that, and a lot of you had some opinions, or a lot of readers at least please chime in on that conversation, but we always appreciate you running with us. For now, I'm t J.
Speaker 1: Holker and I'm Amy Robock. Have a great Friday and the even better weekend.