Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, we're back. We're black, We're brown. I'm tippinging.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, this Mandy.
Speaker 1: You know that's where like it's like, I don't know if you've ever seen my IG stories, like whenever I travel with Drina, you and Drina are like the straight the straight guy and what is the other person's like title, goofball something, because I'm always like, hey, Drina, Adrina looks at the camera like Sup.
Speaker 2: It's just hard to match that energy. Tif. I just want to let you shine, you know.
Speaker 1: I guess I always have dreamas and Mandy's around me. I'm always like, what it's a good balance.
Speaker 2: Yin and Yang? Yin and Yang. Remember our disc profiles. You're exactly the opposite of my disc profile?
Speaker 1: What did you end up being? Again?
Speaker 2: I'm a high and you guys, you need to go back and listen to I don't even know what episode it was we talk about all about the disc personality assessment. I'm a high D and a high C and you're a high I S.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am ok. We make the perfect death.
Speaker 2: We're perfect. My husband's a I S. I'm just saying, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, Auntie, I wonder what I wonder what Superman is.
Speaker 2: You gotta you can you gotta give him the disk assessment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do, to see if we make a perfect disc. So how was your gobble day?
Speaker 2: I spent the entire I've never shopped this much. Usually I just kind of ignore Black Friday Cyber Monday, but we just happened to. It happened to be in the week when we needed to order all of the stuff for our house, like all the furniture and you know, bed and all that kind of stuff. So we literally just I have never I mean, I have like a stomach ache like you have from eating too much sugar, from just like spending, you know, just like spending and shopping and promo codes. And I will say it worked out really perfect though, because we did basically get a lot of money off all of those purchases, which worked out perfectly. And that just means that we're almost at the finish line.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so jellousy.
Speaker 2: I can sing too.
Speaker 1: I feel like we are at because we had to halt some things because we were waiting something for them from the city.
Speaker 2: But too, would you say, I said, ew, halting terrible, I know.
Speaker 1: But luckily like tomorrow, well, Wednesday. Whenever you guys listen to this is the day that we pick up speed and we go back to full time every day until it's done. So I'm excited about that. Now we're talking about fixtures. Did I tell you Superman's idea? What kind of fixture he wanted?
Speaker 2: Wait? Fixture for?
Speaker 1: What fixtures for? Like the house? Like like you know, like I'm talking about like plumbing fixtures.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, faucets and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me, Oh my gosh, so he I guess I don't know if most guys are super modern, you know, like shiny super like you know, like the kind of things you see in like a brand new restaurant where it's like a plate pouring out the water for you and you're like why. And so our house is you know, our house was built in the nineteen twenty And not to say that stuff is terrible, but the house, it doesn't match the house, you know, like there's a lot of features in the house that are still original. So I was showing him some features. He's like, that's old timey. He was like, I want this because we're getting a double sink in our master bad. I want this feature. And I was like, oh, Superman, that's like way too modern, and he was like, yeah, that's why I like it. And he's like, how about this, this will be cool. How about you pick your feature, your your fixture. I pick mine?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Good luck. That's the That's how it's going to be with you, guys for the next several months until the very end. You haven't lived until you've had a shouting mouch about curtains. Okay, you have curtain rods.
Speaker 1: Just to wait to wait, many yo, how are we going to have two different fixtures on the same double sink. I looked at him like I thought he was. He was dead serious. He was like, I don't you pick your as I pick mine? I said, honestly, I'm walking away. Are you crazy? He was? I said, no, one does that, he said, because it hasn't been done. Whytould that be like new? Like people will come in our house and say, oh, my goodness, that's cool. I'm like, sorry, no, they won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you just take a piece of tape and you just draw it down the entire line of the room, and then he's got his side of the house. And then no, that's not how it works.
Speaker 1: So I just said I. So luckily we came up with a semi solution in that. He said, from the beginning, so I was waiting to pull this car because I knew I was going to need it later. But I pulled it out because I like I had to. He had said in the beginning, as long as I can do whatever I want in the man Cave, like whatever I want. He's got two rooms in the basement, he could do whatever he wants that I have the rest of the house. So I had to pull that out and say, sir, let me pull out our original agreement. He said, this is true. This is true. I did say that, and he was like, but you asked me. I said, you're right. My mistake was asking you additional opinions. So I said, that won't happen again, and I will not make any decisions in the man Cave. I mean, you can make it purple for all I care, but leave the rest of the house to me. He said, okay, So we'll see how long that lasts. Because Superman has opinion about design. Who no, he can't about design.
Speaker 2: They will surprise you, they will. I'm really glad that we were working with a third party. Designer, because it was almost like the same way I use my financial planner as like a tiebreaker or just you know, someone to tell them that I'm right. It's worked out pretty much the same way, like oh you don't like that, Let's see what Julia says, okay, or if they if they ask you what you like, you know, if you like this thing, and then it's like, oh, yeah I do. Let's see what Julia says, knowing that they won't like.
Speaker 1: It, like, oh, Julia says, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Heer, it's a but uh yeah, home home, home stretch.
Speaker 1: Would you guys eat?
Speaker 2: Oh what did we eat? Oh? Yeah, food happened.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: My mother in law she made a giant pork carcass, some kind of per neil with some vegetables. And then we went to his cousin's house and they listened to the podcast. So I'm putting them on blast again. But they are like anti Thanksgiving food. So we went over there and we had beetball sandwiches and French onion soup with peta pie. It was like it was empaiea. It was like, this is like a very European Thanksgiving menu, but I was I was into it.
Speaker 1: Now it sounds delicious. We had uh We went to my parents' house and that was fun, and then we went to his sister's house. She usually posts Thanksgiving, so that was fun. It was delicious all around. I mean there was so much food it didn't make sense. I probably gained like five pounds.
Speaker 2: How did a turkey turn out?
Speaker 1: Well? I merely bought it and then passed me, So it turned out delicious, That's what I mean. Yes, it was so crazy because it was two days before and I was like, when Mom texts me like, hey, everyone's bringing me something for Thanksgiving? Can you bring the turkey in the fixings, I'm like, Mommy, that's called Thanksgiving the turkey and the fixing, So what is my what are my sisters bringing an appetite? So thankfully my friend Vonda, Hey, Vanda, she's got an awesome restaurant, soul food restaurant called Vonda's Kitchen, And so I hit her up and I was like, so what are you doing for Thanksgiffing? And can you make my turkey and some fixings? So she said yeah. She' said oh, but we're out of turkeys because she you know, she made them vond Cators as well as has a restaurant. And so she was like, but we ran out of turkeys. I said, oh no, no, no problem. I have a turkey that I do have. I just don't have the wherewithal to do anything else. And so Vana made turkey delicious. Oh my goodness. She stuffed it with like pears and all these other things that gave us such an amazing flavor. She made baked macaroni and cheese, which was who and I'm not supposed to have cheese or anything that. Yeah, she was gone for Thanksgiving. I was like, girl, you tried it. Baked baked macaroni, cheese. She made candy yams delicious, collared greens, corn bread, and then the turkey. So and then my sisters brought like lasagna and rice and salmon. Honestly, we had so much food and it wasn't even that many people, but it was awesome. And then his sister's house was ten times more food. So we had a really good, fat eating time.
Speaker 2: That's exactly as it should be.
Speaker 1: M hmm, what about you, what's new with you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this time last year, I was just about to go down for that leadership institute that I did last year for like Young Leaders in Media, and it was such an amazing week for me, and I said I would try and do one of those every year, But those programs you can't really plan for because that you have to like get you have to apply, and there's a lot of competition you have to get accepted. But I just submitted an application for I won't quite It's not going to be in twenty eighteen, so I won't I'll miss it, but it's going to be early twenty nineteen. A program that's focused on women leaders in journalism and it's called like an accelerator program and the same thing. It'll be like a week long experience that I've heard really cool things about it and I want to keep doing. We had talked a couple of podcasts episodes ago about professional conferences and how you work them into your schedule, So my personal goal was to try and do one per year, and I hope, I hope I get in because it sounds really awesome. This will be the first one I've done with just women leaders. The last one was co ed, so I think it'll I don't know. I had such a good experience. I think the biggest benefit. One of the big benefits was just like the network you get afterward, like the peer network that you get where you can. You don't realize the value of having people who aren't working with you or for you to talk to about what you're doing. Yeah, like professionally. So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: That's not awesome. I feel like you got it already. I'm claiming it for you.
Speaker 2: Thanks the universe deliver on to me.
Speaker 1: No, that's awesome. No, you're right, it is. It's nice to have different perspectives on women who are similar but not the same, you know, so that's always dope. Yeah, yeah, you know who wants to be a businesswoman.
Speaker 2: Now let me get a Supergirl.
Speaker 1: Why does she send me a business plan via email?
Speaker 2: How she is your stepdaughter?
Speaker 1: Is she not? Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you expected.
Speaker 1: It was so hilarious. I'm like, there's something. Supergirl doesn't even speak to me. Another day She's like hey girl, Hey, And so I'm like, oh, so are you downstairs? Because so I read the email. If I tell you, the top of it says this email in all caps and bolded and large fonts. This is the top and the rest is regular this email is for Tiffany. If you are not Tiffany, please do not delete. This is Supergirl. She knows who I am. Please forward it to her.
Speaker 2: I was rolling, well, she's not off because you'd be having other people check your emails.
Speaker 1: When I tell you. And then she had to nerve to say, Hi, my business plan is I would like to sell She listed all these kind of like chowchi's, like lip loss and lip bomb, totally different things, ceramics. So secretly Supergirl is still kind of like into dolls, like sometimes so she's like, I'm twelve. She doesn't like to know, but I'm like, girl, that's fine. I was into dolls until I was like fourteen. So she wanted to do grocery delivery service for dolls. Wait, oh my. She had a list of all of these things. And then at the end I was wondering why she was sharing with it with me because and then at the end she was like, I would like for you to share my business with your dream captures so they can buy things. And I was like, so let's have a talk later. You know about she.
Speaker 2: Wanted to set up her lemonade cart outside of your business.
Speaker 1: I say, when I say I was rolling. I thought it was the cutest thing, and I was like, So we had a really great talk about you know, your market and explained She's like, well, what is that? And I explained to her, like, you know what, that's your perfect customer and who would actually buy your things, and she's like, like people your same age and said I was like, you know, it depends. And we talked about gross profit versus net profit, about picking one thing to deliver on before choosing too many things. And so she decided that she's going to make her own lip glosses because she saw this video on YouTube, and she's going to share them with her friends and then see if she can like sell them. So I thought that was really She said girls her age and I at her age I was I'm into lip gloss now, who am I fooling? But at her age I was extra into lip gloss.
Speaker 2: So, man, yeah, what were those little colored lip glasses called where you had to have like every single color lipsmackers?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my goodness, And honestly I love them. And so I told her, I think that would be a really cute idea, And so that's what she's going to She's going to do so today at school. So last night we had like a little meeting and I told her, you have to do market research and I explain that just meant figuring out what does your audience want? And we wrote down four questions that she can ask her friends. And I could tell she was like feeling like, oh, I don't want to like ask them. I said, well, you can ask casually. You don't have to say I've got four questions for you. You could just say, like, you know, hey, you know being in that's one of her friends. Hey, hey, Ebina, do you do you wear? Do you wear lip? Class? Let me see it? Well, why did you choose this one? We could have had this one? And so I told her I showed her some way she can get the answer she needed without having to like, you know, like interview her friends. Like and so, I don't know, it's cute, and I feel like this is great because sometimes I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but I tell you girls are hard because you know, I never know she loves me, she hates me, or some blazes in between. So this is something something Well, she was little, it was so easy. She was like my little be of everyone everywhere together. But this will just be something nice that we can like do together. And so yeah, I'm excited. You know, I told her i'd invest in her her company, but she'd have to pay me back with interest.
Speaker 2: Oh you got to save the little business plan.
Speaker 1: I do know. It was an email, so you know, like it's officiat. I could not believe she said to me. I was like, what it is so cute? What is this?
Speaker 2: It is right, she said.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, oh this is cute. She's like, oh yeah, and send it to your dream catchers so I can make money.
Speaker 2: She's trying to take us. She's trying to skip a few steps. That's really cute, though, kid preneurs. Everyone loves a kid entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: All are you ready to boost or break?
Speaker 1: I am a booster breaker? Booster break? I am?
Speaker 2: Which one? Are you going to do that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I thought you gotta go first. I think I am going to boost, Well not even I think so. Have you ever heard of supercent?
Speaker 2: Supercent like a smell.
Speaker 1: No, like scent like cent ten cent? Dalla got it?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, I was like, and if you are West Indian or African or just anyone who's heard that song. You know you were doing the wine because I was when I was saying it, like you know, the little Body Wine. Anyway, so there's this woman named super Supa sent cu ce n t Well that's not her real name, but so she's got this really cute, amazing line of makeup called the Crayon Case. Honestly, Mandy. First of all, the makeup is so cute. The idea look, it's brilliant. So the crown Case is all of the makeup like eyeshadows and look losses, lick six, but Mandy, it's done in a way that's supposed to look like school supplies and so like she's got like a palette for like, say, eyeshadow, and it looks like a paint set, and so the brushes that you use for blush it looks like a number two pencil. Honestly, the packaging is gorgeous and amazing and fun. But what I love about her is that she has been like just a small entrepreneur trying so hard for years. I mean, from what I understand, she started like, you know, like selling things on the side since twenty fifteen, if not earlier than that. Before that, she was a waitress. She's from New Orleans. So she struck gold with the crayon case. This is not her first business or her first venture, but she struck gold with crayon case. And yesterday, well I don't know if yesterday, but for Black Friday, it was either Monday or Tuesday. She had a sale sixty percent off of everything on the side. Guess how much she made? How much in ninety minutes? She made over one million dollars in thine minute. Yes, she sold. She would have made more, but she sold out, broke the site sold out. I mean, I mean she showed like she showed because I use I could tell, but she uses Shopify like I use Shopify. I mean, but killer me, I'm not making that kind of money. But she she showed like her Shopify like proof. It was on the news, but I like, you know, I follow her on social. She was crying, her family came in with balloons and cake, and it just it's just a testament. This is like, like I said, this is not her first, second, or even third business. I mean, this woman had sold everything from bundles to Christmas sweaters and she's just tried and just not given up. And she built a following on social media via her personality, and this was just the amazing product and people have taken to it. I mean they I've heard like really great things about the product. I mean, it looks beautiful. And just to see someone a million dollars, I mean, I don't know what, like, I don't know honestly what beauty brands normally do, because I you know, it's not like Sephorest post their numbers. But I mean that's tremendous, and I mean I definitely have seen some distractors and haters that are like she didn't said at but then she showed her numbers, and really what it was. It was like she had thirty five thousand people ordered. And so if you think about thirty five thousand, if thirty five thousand people bought let's just say ten dollars, not even ten dollars, what is it thirty five thousand they bought one hundred dollars worth and not even a hundred. They didn't have to spend that much. Were fifty dollars worth of stuff? Not even fifty If they bought like thirty dollars worth of stuff, thirty five thousand and thirty dollars worth stuff and thirty dollars is not much. That's like three of her items. That's that's over a million dollars right there. So it was just and she has one point two or three million followers, so she's got like these really great numbers. But you can have numbers and not convert. But so if anybody needs like a if you're an entrepreneur and you kind of need like a social pick me up, go to Supercents Instagram. And then I just been watching interviews about her all over and just kind of like learning her story of how she started off as a as a single mother and a waitress not too long ago, and just wanting more. So she tried so many different things until she found the thing. So it was just she's so regular regular, you know. I just love that. And so yeah, it's really really inspiring cool.
Speaker 2: Where's she based or where's how did you come to find out about the company?
Speaker 1: I you know what I found out. I had heard about supercent before because she's also like really funny. She's like like on on ig So sometimes I see like people would repost clips of her. She's very nola, Like she's got a really heavy Nola accent, and she she has this thing called asked Supa where you can ask her any questions she answers it, and so she's funny in general. So I've seen like kind of clips of her. And then I heard of Crayon Case. And when I really got acquainted was when I went to Essence Fest last year and they Crayon Case had a had a booth, Mandy. When I tell you the line for that booth, I mean you would think that Beyonce was like selling like, you know, cookies or something, because I remember thinking like, what is this the line? Like there were all of these booths. You know, Essence has hundreds, if not thousands of booths in there in their big, big like kind of like I guess it's a conference room or whatever expo center. But it was the only both that had a line that almost just going and going and going. And I remember being like, Oh, is that Crayon Case And because that had a really nice setup and I was like, oh, I heard I heard vainly about that makeup, and I remember thinking the packaging was cute. So like, if that line is any indication, I'm not surprised, honestly. Yeah, she's done an amazing job of marketing and and you should see, like she had video where she's taking you through her warehouse. She's hired mostly family and friends, and people were like, well, that's growth, not that we know. Sometimes I'm just like, don't you. Sometimes I just want to tell people like that's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, we get people have a win. I know, let people just celebrate, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I mean, I mean I don't know about you. But a million dollars gross in ninety minutes and they ran out. That's why it would have been more. She didn't anticipate selling as much, or she didn't have like all, you know, she in her warehouse, she didn't have enough to accommodate like everyone. But maybe it would have been three or four million. But yes, we know it's gross. We know there's shipping, we know there's product, we know there's there's staff, we know all of that. But I honestly don't know too many businesses from brown women who used to be waitresses just a few years ago in Louisiana, single moms who who sell a million dollars worth of product in ninety minutes. I mean, if you if you know where they are let me know, you know. So, yeah, I just thought she was amazing, so I thought she's my win for the week.
Speaker 2: That's lovely. Well, I wish I had supported some small businesses all my furniture shopping. Now maybe that's why I feel bad. Uh dope, Well, I want to do a quick boost for I know everyone's been talking about well two actually one, you have to go see the movie Widows if you haven't yet. It's an amazing movie with like a majority minority female cast who are like badass. I don't even know how to describe, like a heist movie mixed with like a political thriller. It's got Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Cynthia Rivo. It's really really good.
Speaker 1: You know, she's a wave, Cynthia Rivo, she's in our ways with Epic and Volta.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, you've talked. I know, I know, I know you got connects. Yeah, it was really really amazing and it was directed by the same director from Twelve Years a Slave. I think that was like his first or second movie since Twelve Years a Slave, and it couldn't have been more different. So if you're going out to see Creed, go see widows too, maybe first because they need some support. Secondly, I know everyone's been talking about Michelle Obama's book, but if you haven't like people maybe talking, but like actually read the book, it's really really good. I haven't actually read it. I've been listening to the audio book, which I recommend, because something about Michelle Obama telling you her life story was just like the therapy I didn't know that I needed. And I joked about it being therapy, but legit, I don't know something about her stories everything, like and I'm not really understanding. We know, I knew of of Michelle, like you know, surface level from what I heard in the news and everything, but like actually hearing how she grew up in Chicago, how she found her way into law school, how she realized how unhappy she was in the legal profession. It was just really refreshing to hear, even that she had doubts in her twenties. So if you need like pick me up or you need you need to like hear a story from a big sister or an auntie about how they sort of dealt with the on the insecure years of their life. I was really I'm just like surprised how open she is in her book, so really really recommend it. I love the audiobook because it's actually her telling her story, and her voice is just lovely, and she even sings a little bit. It's nice and she does just like a tiny bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's sweet. And she tells a story even of how her her dad passed away and actually was literally crying on the train, which I don't really do listening to audiobooks ever, but you can tell she put everything into this book and it's really amazing. So go get your copy. There's a reason it's sold like close to a million copies. It's first week. It's that good. It's the anti Trump, So pick it up if you haven't yet.
Speaker 1: No, that that's just warms my heart. I'm like, yes, I'll here slang for the.
Speaker 2: Gold perfect seguay for questions? Did I get it that time? Did a good segue?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe it's a perfect seu. I'm like, let me see if maybe going do this this transit.
Speaker 2: You I pulled the train around? Got it? All right? We do have some great questions from our listeners today. Let's start with a light one. Let's see a little light and fun one. Okay, so for the holidays, maybe not light and fun. Maybe it's light and fun to me, but this question. This comes from a listener who wants to remain anonymous, but is wondering about using prepaid cards for her holiday shopping. Okay, she says, I have a question regarding prepaid cards. Through the year, I saved money for the holidays to use for my holiday related expenses, but I don't like to mix my holiday money in with my regular money. I'd like to know if I should use a prepaid card and would you recommend any particular prepaid card for my holiday spending? Anonymous, very mysterious. This is a smart idea because with prepaid cards you basically load money. It can be a smart idea if you choose the right one. So it's good that you're asking for recommendations. A prepaid debit card if you load money onto it, and then you can use it same as cash or same as a same as a debit card basically, or even a credit card. You swipe it at the register, and as long as you've got sufficient funds, you know it'll debit your prepaid account, and if you want to keep your it's a nice way to budget if you want to keep money separately, like this listener says she wants to keep money separately. Where you can get into trouble though, is prepaid cards. You know, unlike banks. They have you know, not unlike banks, but just like banks, they need to make money somehow, and often how they do that is by charging fees. And some of these cards will charge you a fee if you put money onto the card, like a reload fee. They'll obviously charge you ATM fee. If you use ATMs that are out of their network. They may charge you to replace a card if you lose it. For example, they may charge you a monthly service fee. So you really have to be careful and choose a card that has very few fees if you're looking for a card. And I don't know if you have any anything else to add, but I did pull up like credit Karma dot COM's got a good roundup of its best prepaid cards for twenty eighteen. So I was just going to read off a couple of their recommendations.
Speaker 1: So you can also join like they have those qrits. But no, go ahead, I think this is this is better.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, Bank Christmas Club. Yeah, so obviously when you're looking for a prepaid card, you want to look for a card that's going to be accepted at most places where you shop, so make sure that it's you know, issued by an issue where that's largely accepted. You also want to make sure it has low fees, so look for a card that has no monthly fee, you know, doesn't charge you high fees for ATM, or any fees at all is even better. So some of the best cards on Credit Karma's list are the Bluebird prepaid card by American Express. There's even a card they recommend that offers rewards on your spending, the American Express Serve Cash Back Card. I haven't used any of these cards in particular. These are Credit Karma's recommendations, and they've got a whole methodology here. I'll put the link in the show notes. Best card that has free reloads they mentioned Chase Liquid Card. There's also a PayPal prepaid master card that they recommend. So Google, you know, Google is your friend when you're looking to compare prepaid card offerings out there, because there's a there's a bunch out there, but not all of them are as good as some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then too like I mentioned earlier like sometimes banks have Christmas clubs. It sounds very old school, but basically you set aside your money every month into like a special money market or savings account, and they call it a Christmas club because at the end of the you know you had a little bit of interest. But at the end of the year or near nearing when it's time to go holiday shopping, you know you're able to take your money out and then use it to shop for the holidays, knowing that it was safely tucked away from you. So it's a little harder to get your money than like a regular savings account typically for Christmas clubs, because that's the point you wanted to make it kind of inconvenient, So that's an option as well too.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Well, hopefully that helped, And if you guys have any other holiday spending tips you want to share, let us know. I think it's smart to keep your at least keep your budget separate so you're not mixing your money and not having any ease, making it easier to like dip into your savings for holiday spending. So good question, easokly, another question, ooh, auto refinancing. This question comes from listener, Jackie. She says, I'm considering refinancing my car and would love to hear your thoughts. Here's my scenario. I've got a car at fifteen point one eight percent. That's a very high APR. Geez, fifteen percent APR. Currently working on getting my credit score in the seven hundred range, but currently I'm at six p nineteen. It's a work in progress. I want to make the best decision without worsening my score. I've checked and I've seen that I can maybe get a lower interest rate that shows a six point nine percent APR and a four hundred dollars monthly car payment as an option. But I want to know if that's the best I can do right now. Will refinancing actually help or hurt my credit score? And she just adds that she has twenty four thousand dollars left on her auto loan. Twenty four thousand dollars at fifteen percent. Ooh girl, yes, refinance even as possible, as soon as possible. I'm going to go at a limb and guess that when she got this loan, she did not shop around for financing before she got the loan. She probably got it straight from the dealership. Yes, which is the worst thing you can do.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say. I saw someone post that somewhere. They're like one of the dream catchers, like, hey, I'm gonna go get a car. Should I Should I get on my own loan or should I get from the dealership? I nearly leapt through the computer was I do? Because you got to get the worst interest you know, always, always, always, even if you don't have great credit, always come with your own financing. And that's just as simple as like, you know, going to your bank or better you're going to your credit union and saying I want to purchase a car, because you're almost always going to get a better interest rate than what the car dealership is going to give you there they're going to give you the worst interest rate possible. So if you come with your own financing and say no, I've got my financing from my credit union, you're going to be better off. But yes, please refinance. And there are some credit unions now that even if you haven't been a member for a very long time, you can literally sign up that day and apply. So if your credit is recent, if you don't, if you're not a member of a credit union. And the reason why I say credit unions first is because most credit unions are nonprofits, and what that means is that their interest rate is typically lower than a regular bank because their focus is not squeezing as much profit as possible. It's just about running the business, making enough to run the business, so they offer you better interest rates. So trying a credit union seeing if they will loan you the money or help you refinance your current paying it off that way. I mean, unless your credit is like really, really, really bad, I'm almost positive you could do better than fifteen percent someplace else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just got a six nineteen, so it's not good, it's not even great. It's it's like in the fair maybe poor category. I think six twenty is like the ceiling to where you get into fair credit category. But you're close. So the worst thing you can do is miss a payment, So keep making your payments. And I think tip's right with port with credit on the borderline like that, credit unions make a lot of sense and credit, you know, refinancing, you'll you will have a hard inquiry on your credit to see if you get approved. But I think the benefit in the long term is way far outweighs the ding to your credit temporarily. I just did it quick. You can look up online refinance or sorry, auto loan calculators where you can see how much interest you'll pay. And I'm assuming that you've got forty eight months left on your on your fifteen percent auto loan. At twenty four thousand dollars, you're going to spend over eight thousand dollars in total interest if you keep this loan as it is. So Really that twenty four thousand dollars car is like thirty two thousand dollars. So you want to get a lower rate as soon as possible. And I think, Tiff, that's good advice. Yeah, going to your credit union. Thank'd me for more close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to do what you want to do? One more? You think we're a.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah, let's do one more question. This is anonymous Unamas, Unamas, why not? Three's a good number? Okay? This is another anonymous question, she says. This is another anonymous question. She says, I'm in the process of divorce, so I decided to take a little more interest in my credit in the past. In the past, I paid a lot of money to have some items deleted off my credit report. To me, it was a waste of money and nothing was done. Okay, this is bandy. I think that she's she's saying that she hired like a credit repair form firm or something. Okay, so she's paid a lot of money to have some items deleted off her credits. So now she says, as of October, I sent a letter to Macy's, Sally May, and Naviant to get deleted items off my credit report. Macy's was paid in full, and sally May, Slash Naviant failed to report the payments I made every month to the credit bureau. These items are shown as closed on my credit report. How can I have these items deleted off my credit report? Don't? Don't. So this is a bit confusing. It seems like she's had You can't get items deleted off your credit report unless they're errors, right, unless they're inaccurate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know where that came from. That. I think it's like, you know, how like all these people are like credit experts now or not credit experts, but like literally they you know, people are fixing credit like that's like the new thing, Like that's the new cutcoa knives and like MLM, yeah, you know. But like I'm like when Dreamcatchers said that, they're like, oh girl, so I was late. How I get that off my credit I'm like, did it? Is it true? Yeah? Well it's not of at all. Like it's like saying, oh, I got a D on my on my test? How do I get that off my report card? Well did you get a D? Yeah? Well it's a D. I mean you can, you can certainly now it is possible to beg your teacher. And if I do this, this and this, can we turn into a C and your teacher might have mercy on you and say okay, but they're under no obligation to do so. Same thing with your credit. So if you've done something, we've all made mistakes that I've been late before. Shoot, they took my house. I was so late. So but did my house go into foreclosure? Yes? It is foreclosure on my credit report? Yes, did it happen. Yes. When you dispute, you're really supposed to be disputing things that are not true, not things that are true that you just don't like. And so like yeah, like if I mean, like I said, sometimes you can convince the creditor that you owe that if you, you know, make reparations or you make certain payments or whatever, that they can sometimes withdraw things, but they're under no obligation to do so. Honestly, it's because it's true.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and it sounds like she's talking about these accounts being closed now, so why are they still on my credit Well, I'm what I'm assuming is that she miss payments in the past, and even though you've paid off the debts by now, those missed payments, if it's within seven years, we'll stay on your credit report until the seven year mark and then they'll drop off. Even I'm an account's closed, it'll stay in your credit report, I think for the full seven years.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean typically, But here's the thing too, that, like your things that are on your credit report, it's really the last two years that make the most impact on your actual score. So will it be on your credit report, yes, Will it affect your score after two years not as much, so, you know, I tell people like it typically it's only when like someone's pulling up your score and judging you according like like you know, your mortgage person is likely gonna look. But ultimately people are looking at your score so just you know, moving forward, make the best decisions you can possible with your finances, especially as it relates to credit. And you know, within a year or two you should you should be back where you were or better than before.
Speaker 2: Time is your friend. People don't want to hear that time is what it takes to heal all wounds. But it's so true. Give yourself time. But at least you're paying attention now. But don't just be careful about trusting anyone who says they can have something deleted off your credit report and just promise that upfront because it may not be the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you guys for another week. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it has been awesome us for you.
Speaker 2: Where has the year gone? It's almost December? I can't I know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's both slow and fast, you know. Oh I didn't share this, so for everybody knows we do. Oh I'm going to miss you on this literature challenge, Amanda, but hey, you can always pop in if you'd like, so everyone knows that we do. I do the Liverature Challenge every year and have a new subject every year. Last year was networth, the year before was credit, which I did with Mandy and Credit and the Magnifi Money which was super fun. So our upcoming year is the Home Buying Edition. I'm super guided because so many people you know, want to purchase home. So I said, well, what if I created a challenge that kind of walked you through less so about credits. We've done credit and not even so much about savings, but just the home buying process, like what can you ex expect, what kind of documents do you need to get together? Who do you need to have on your team? And so the Liverate your Home Buying Edition is it's going to teach you all that and as usual, it is free. All the challenges are always free. It's my way of giving back every year. And so if you like to sign up, you can go to l r C for Liverature Challenge home Buying dot Com that's l r C Home Buying dot Com and sign up and get walked through step by step into three week online free course where every day you get an email in your inbox that leads you to that they tip and task and they collectively will have you ready to purchase a home, or at least the knowledge to purchase a home I'm in twenty two days, so I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Oh that's perfect. Wait, why can't I be a part of it?
Speaker 1: No, you can. I just say, you know, well, you well, I'm just saying I would love to have you because I remember we had so much fun when we remember we used to do the weekly the weekly.
Speaker 2: Video lives about it.
Speaker 1: So now, yeah, if you love to come on. Honestly, I just I love the different perspectives. So I think that I if you want to come and like do a live lesson, we could meet up someplace and like for one of the tasks. I would love that. Honestly, I'm trying to get as many of my friends who've purchased homes or who are in the process to do so, because everyone's process is kind of different, and so it's nice for people to see themselves and like, oh that was me, Like you had a really smooth process. Drina congratulations just closed on her home and it was not smooth at all. My process. It was rocky. But she closed and so she was like, because she's an because she's an entrepreneur, the process was totally different, yes, and it was like, well, child, she was like, but this is crazy. We need this. We need your blood type, we need the last hair that fell from your home. We need and she was like, I almost she wanted to walk away so many times. And me, you know, since I bought my home in cash, that was a totally different process. So yeah, if you want to, you want to come and do a live video lesson with me, I'd love that.
Speaker 2: You can say, no, I did kind of put you on blast and had asked you publicly I witnesses, but thank you.
Speaker 1: No, I I love that. I think you're like, yes, do we do we have a home, And maybe I'll put the around a mission like I know, we had one where we talked about our homes like a lot, so maybe I'll put that.
Speaker 2: In its like every episode.
Speaker 1: No, but there was one in particular where we love talked about it like that whole time, So maybe I'll put that in. It's like required listening. So yeah, so you guys, you know, if you want to sign up for the home Buying edition, we'd love to have you. L RC Home Buying, do come and I will see you at the house for me