Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to George and Ore along with Joe Diamond. We're going to take calls next hour with Joe as we talk about the Haunted paranormal. Joe, tell us about your mind reading abilities. How did you master that?
Speaker 3: Well? I grew up watching many different kinds of you know, Tales of the Unexplained shows and many of your listeners. Nothing nothing super ironically out of the ordinary there. But the people that really kind of stuck out to me were the people like, you know, the amazing Creskin and Uri Geller, and people like Darren Brown in the UK was just becom popular when I was a teenager, and lots of other people. I found books on people such as David Hole, who there's a great book on him called super Psychic where he had his own radio show in Chicago or in He started in Chicago performing on stage, but then had his own radio show out of I believe, Pennsylvania. But he would just people would call in and just make these, you know, ask him questions like where did I lose this object? And he would just tell them just plainly say, oh, it's in the drawer in the table across the room for you second draw down, and they that would be where the necklace was. And I was always fascinated with the you know, the power of the mind and everything from.
Speaker 1: Hope there Joe to being.
Speaker 3: Able to you know, look at someone's palm and read the lines and tell their fortunes. So I give as much of that as I could. Unfortunately, I went to a very very strict religious school that kind of looked down on all of that, which didn't allow me to do it as much as I wanted. But at the same time, every time they said, you know, oh, don't get into that stuff, they could lead to you know, other things that just made me want to do it more. And so I got books on you know, books on everything again from contact, mind reading to there's a lot of techniques such as again like PAULM.
Speaker 2: Street and Taro, did yourself teach yourself.
Speaker 3: To a large extent, Yes, I did manage to have some great mentors. Uh. In the Chicagoland area. There was a gentleman by the name of Marshall Brodein who in the Chicagoland area people would remember him as a whizzo the Wacky Wizard, and he was famous for selling something called a TV magic cards. But a lot of people don't know as he spent most of his career as they legitimate uh stage hypnotist. And while I don't do any like trance work or anything like that, he worked with me a lot about how to stand on stage and how to talk to an audience. And he turned me on to a lot of like these very highly specialized books that you had to like kind of you can just go to the library and get You had to know someone who could you know, set you up with the right set of tools or materials and such. And he really encouraged me to look into the works of previous psychic entertainers and mind readers and uh, to really go down down that path. And uh yeah, and that was that was a big, big aspect of it. I still I still sink to a lot of myself the techniques. The big area where other people insights come in is from the show aspect how to stage something, whether to keep the person I'm reading in the audience around stage, for example, or if I bring four people on stage, do I stand them all in a row to my left, all in a road of my right too, to the left to to the middle. If if you watch the old you know, just for example, like crestin shows or just clips of Uri Gellar from his early TV appearances. Uri was a huge, huge influence on me, and I was enjoyed a when I had my own radio show a few years back, I had the pleasure of talking with him and he's he's incredible. I mean, it was, it was it was just a dream come true to.
Speaker 1: Talk with.
Speaker 3: Girl. Oh, absolutely absolutely, and and he she has the ability to just talk to you as if you are the only person in the world, and it's not that the the most important person in the world at that moment. And he he's got so many you know, clips of him online of he just knows how to position people on stage or how to just kind of take over a show and just see people in the you know, whether whether he is you know, legitimate or not. And I agree with you, but just his showmanship of knowing how to stand and how to handle people in a situation. There's a great shot of him just from the early seventies, in his early early career when he's super young and he's just standing with a bunch of people holding their keys out and spoons out for him to bend, and he's just spending you know one thing. Yeah, yeah, exactly. But I mean just that image of you know, all all those things around him, like just being in I still don't know of anyone. There's been lots of people who have copied his you know abilities, whether you know, legitimately or fraudulently, but I don't think anyone has been as compelling as him while doing it. And you know that's and that to me is the big A big aspect too, is you know, you know, whether or not it's kind of like juggling. You know, we all have the ability to sit down and practice juggling three balls, but when someone can do four than five, and then it's nive and it's shame thoughts, and they're taking the human capability to a place that we never could have imagined for entertainment. I mean, that is very very much. And someone can just sit there and just you know, do a stunt and be like, you know, balance a share on their chain and go, oh, you can tell I don't have a life, or they can say, hey, I'm want of a few people in the world that can do this thing with this kind of chair. Do you all want to see it and really get people excited for it? And that's that's very much what I try to bring to, you know, all of my shows and really try to, you know, try to learn when I when I read these old books or watchall equips, I'm not looking to you know, copy them, but I'm looking to see, like, you know, again, how they handle a microphone and how to uh project their humanity to an audience and so forth, and the so a lot of that I'm very much self self taught on when it comes to, uh that aspect.
Speaker 2: In the places that are haunted that you've been to, Joe, have you ever been scared?
Speaker 3: I've definitely been freaked out. I don't think I've ever been scared as in like scared to my life or scared that I was going to be possessed or anything like that. I've definitely had moments of uh wow or oh oh God, Okay, Nope, I'm done, you know, I'm done. I'm i gotta step away for a moment. Uh. There was a there was a point of one of my recent trips to the UH which Stock Operas is actually down on the on the ground floor, and uh, there is there is an object called a ghost light, which many theaters will have to just put out when they close up the theater for the night. There's lots of different tales and folklore about it. And uh, the superstition is is that you're leaving the ghost out for the ghosts and the theater. It's also a stay supercaution. It allows whoever comes in, uh to the little next they don't have to be in this massive, giant dark room by themselves and try and tumble around for a light switch. And uh, I was they had set it out and I had forgotten something. So I went back in, grabbed my shoulder bag, just looked at the ghost light and I just said, are you excited for Halloween as I am? And the light just kind of right at that moment almost on c just kind of a few times, and then grew a little brighter and then went back with the usual you know, hue or intensity, and I just said, I will take that at yes, thank you, and I always say thank you. And I left it at that, and I've definitely felt, you know, I felt I wouldn't say I was scared at that moment but I definitely had a little bit of the goosebumps, and it's definitely the kind of feeling I want to try to give people in the show. And I've definitely noticed other people when they've a place like that, definitely heightened these feelings for and other people. In fact, i'll spoil this much too. The second the second act of the show, the opening line of it is, We're going to wait for everything to get super quiet, step out as long as possible, and just say you feel that, don't you. You don't have to be psychic to know that there's something about this place, and you genuinely don't. Just being in that space genuinely it genuinely affects you. And yeah, I mean you'd have to. I can't imagine it not affecting you on that level, especially this week, especially coming up on how Night, and I have noticed there's certain places where it definitely increases or it impacts the abilities of that most people do tend to actually have.
Speaker 2: There's no question about that. Then what is it about the Midwest that's so many places?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, we've got well, well for starters, we've got two major cities, Like I'm I'm right in between. I'm equal distance from Chicago and Milwaukee, so a lot of a lot of stuff there. I mean, I think a big thing at least with this specific town. Uh, it's got a lot going for it because again it's a it's where Orson Wells grew up and he brought so much and he even said in many energews he considered woodstock Holm and I don't know, and Ray Bradberry's from this area as well. I think it's just you know, at night, all the all the cornfields just look like, you know, empty black voids who kind of like the sky. So it's like, again that's your mind runs with lots of uh, lots of imaginations there. But also you know, there's there's more people out here than I think people realize outside of the cities, and there's lots of history here as well. I'm also not far from where the Beasts of Gray Road has been spotted many times as well, although I have not gone. I have not gone looking for that. I tend to human beings freak me out enough in their minds. I haven't gone looking for any cryptis actively. Yet.
Speaker 2: Do the places that you've been in increase people's abilities psychic abilities, for example, Does it enhance it?
Speaker 3: Definitely? And I've seen that happen major definitely with the opera house. Now part of that could have been I will play a little bit of skepticism on this because I do think, you know, skepticism can can be healthy, especially when it comes to celepathy, because I think so many people have kind of blinded themselves to and bed testing, specifically with telepathy for some reason. I haven't fully decided for myself why that is. However, when I did a prinsimage what we did last time I was on the show where I thought of a memory and I projected it out to listeners. I do that on a version of that on stage as well. And normally, like in a banquet hall, like a corporate events or in other smaller theaters, I don't get about seventy percent coverage with everyone in that room, and in this theater we had about ninety five percent coverage with four hundred and eleven people. We had just about there was only a handful of people who did not receive any correct thoughts when we were doing that experiment of four hundred and eleven people.
Speaker 2: Statistics is that, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, and it's like, I mean, these were people who had you know, now, granted it was a larger sample time, was it so? Could have there been more group social pressure to say they had gotten it right? Maybe? I don't know, there's gonna be We're going to kind of take that a step further in the second half as well and see what other people can sense about the building without We're going to do it under a slightly more stringent conditions. And I don't want to say too much more about it because I told you what we were going to be testing with. If someone were to listen to you know, go to America's Sperience Manager dot com, get tickets, make their way to see the show, and that they knew what was going to happen, that would of course influence it. So I don't want to go too much in depth with that. But we will have much more, much more concise proof as to whether or not people can sense things about that building and its history, and see if we can get even more specific with even even more people.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more