Speaker 1: We've already done sixty two days of January, which is yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Saturday.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you get a little downtime, a little time to relax and enjoy these back to back classics.
Speaker 2: We've got two put together for.
Speaker 1: You, and before we start, we always love to highlight you and your comments, and we.
Speaker 3: Are highlighting isis Rain today who said I'm currently on a cruise and bought the Wi Fi package just to listen to your show.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, So.
Speaker 5: That was one hundred dollars for like two hours and she's like five megabytes per.
Speaker 6: Second right now, I'm just finding out wifis that included on a cruise.
Speaker 4: No, it's very expensive. No, it's like literally it's like twenty five bucks for one hour.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 2: They gave me a free good one. They give you free drinks, but not free wife.
Speaker 4: They make up for the free drinks.
Speaker 2: They make you this boat at people may the congo ya Hey, hot tip, download the episodes before you leave. Yeah. Yeah, but we're so glad you're here sending the money.
Speaker 1: Sorry, whenever you get to wherever you're going, the money.
Speaker 2: All right, You're back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 4: Most people don't admit their weird guilty pleasures till they get deeper into a relationship. Yeah, because you don't want them to know that your favorite food is day old gas station hamburgers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not going to tell you that somebody.
Speaker 4: Has or that you still watch reruns of Here Comes Honey, Boo Boo, or that your favorite way to relax is lying in a bathtub of lukewarm toastitos bean dip. What is going on?
Speaker 2: Well, he got it at the gas station.
Speaker 7: Bargain.
Speaker 4: But one of our listeners went out with a guy and she didn't just admit her guilty pleasure to him. She seemed their entire date around it. Whoa, Now she's not getting a call back. Oh could it really be that bad? We're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: Come on, give me bean dip tub.
Speaker 4: We'll see in your second date update.
Speaker 6: Next Broke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 4: Who do you trust for advice on your dating life? Your friends? Yeah, yes, they're not really looking out for you. Yes, they might say that, not really. Your coworkers yikes, absolutely, chat GPT Oh I mean probably not. Still I trust them.
Speaker 2: Trust all the computer minds Jeff.
Speaker 4: But when chat GPT runs out of date ideas, you got to turn to the sure thing, your therapist. Hot Dating tips.
Speaker 1: Wait, I mean maybe like relationship advice, but Hot Dating Day.
Speaker 4: That's what one of our listeners, Hannah did, and the great advice from her therapist has landed her here with us today. Therapist, Yeah, I think it's all working out. Well, Hannah, welcome to the st HI.
Speaker 1: I want to hear the therapist advise and yeah, what did your therapist say?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 9: I was talking about my struggles dating and she kind of called me out on that I'm maybe not always being my most authentic self and that could be why I'm struggling here.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what you're paying her for, you out professionally.
Speaker 4: She said, to just be the real you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just encouraging me to be myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what did you do to accomplish that?
Speaker 9: So I was kind of racking my brain, like thinking, what are things that I like? And I love the show Cobra Kai.
Speaker 2: Oh, like the Karate Kids spin off?
Speaker 9: Yes, Cobra Kai.
Speaker 2: I did not expect us to go there. So did you take a karate class then or something.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, I get him there.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, Well I guess who'd you go out with?
Speaker 9: His name is Mike?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah. Did you meet him at the karate class or did you take a class together?
Speaker 9: Oh we took a class together.
Speaker 10: Interesting, but I met him online.
Speaker 4: Oh so how did this date happen? Can you like run us through it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well we set up just like a dinner date. Okay, nice and she and it was a fun time and like we were hitting it off.
Speaker 4: So you're matching the cobra kai theme to the meal too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sushi you have like all kind of Asian culture influences.
Speaker 2: Yes, nice and so she was good. You guys had good conversation or like what's the highlights there?
Speaker 9: We were just goofing around. We were like play fighting.
Speaker 2: Like with the chopsticks the swords.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 9: To be honest, I wouldn't normally act like this on my dates, Like maybe I was a little too nerdy, but I kept hearing be my most authentic self kind of saying it like as a mantra.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So when you brought up Cobra Kai with Mike, was he into it?
Speaker 9: He'd actually never seen it, but he had heard of it, and I think he'd been meaning to watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's good.
Speaker 4: That's to show him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally if everything goes.
Speaker 4: Well, of course.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you know I've tried to go that route and invite him over to watch it at my place.
Speaker 2: You I think that he's probably planning on more than cobra kai you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: More like cobra thighs.
Speaker 4: What sorry? So did he say?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, he was kind of like, I don't know how late I can stay out.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that makes sense. I mean tell literally people that before.
Speaker 4: It makes sense. But not in a dating world like that. Invite is whatever guy is waiting, you want.
Speaker 9: To go, you'll stay up.
Speaker 1: Not every guy wants to hook up on the first date. Yeah, okay, maybe she got the one percent?
Speaker 2: You know, So were you okay with that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I was okay with that because I had a backup plan.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, authentic self, what was that?
Speaker 9: My authentic self decided that we could like go do like a trial martial arts class.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 4: So it's you, Mike and a room full of six year old.
Speaker 1: So you went straight from the restaurant to a karate class.
Speaker 3: It was actually next door.
Speaker 9: I sort of might have planned that.
Speaker 2: You have a whole plan.
Speaker 5: He's either going to my house.
Speaker 2: We're rolling on my bed or rolling on some men. Why do I picture him in jeans trying to do karate? Did he have the right outfit for it?
Speaker 4: What did they give you? Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they provided us with the Yeah, and I think we had fun as I got.
Speaker 5: Some sweet nunchucks in my truck anyway, so let.
Speaker 2: Me get my throwing start.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it fun as good? Was it romantic?
Speaker 7: Or? I think so?
Speaker 9: Because really, you know, like the kind of fighting, it's like there's tension, it's kind of flirty.
Speaker 1: And I also just trying anything new with a person like helps bond you.
Speaker 4: Right, what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's a shared experience. You can either laugh at how bad you.
Speaker 4: Are or I just slowly choke them out.
Speaker 2: Did they do that at the beginner?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh yeah, let's let's let's get to the end of the night. How did you leave things?
Speaker 9: We just said goodbye to each other kind of outside kiss a little kiss.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that's something. And what's happened since the date?
Speaker 9: Well, it hasn't been that long, but I actually saw my therapist.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you giggle through that session too?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think I definitely did, because I really was trying to be my most authentic self.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you told her about the date, then.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I told her about it.
Speaker 2: So why are you calling us then?
Speaker 9: Well, she kind of made me doubt things because she said to me like that might have been a little too.
Speaker 4: Much, too too authentic.
Speaker 9: Not necessarily that, but that there are other parts to me, like I'm not just copra kai.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, like you only focus on martial arts.
Speaker 2: Tell your therapist, you're not going to show this guy everything in the first night.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's Brooks movies.
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe second date material, all right, you got to leave something to learn, open up, show him more of your interests when you meet up a second time.
Speaker 4: So hopefully we can facilitate that. We'll come back call Mike for you and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Okay, brook and Jeffrey in the morning, second date update.
Speaker 4: This is the theme song for the original Karate Kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're the best around, jeff.
Speaker 4: Wow, come a little strong man, authentic self, real thoughts now, But I know it's been a while since we've all seen the original movie, but I'll tell you the overall theme of it is an underdog who's up against the odds, finally faces his fears and his bullies and comes away with the trophy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves an underdog story. And that's our listener, Hannah today. And Hannah's trophy that she's after is a man named Mike she met online and personally, Hannah, I just want to say your idea for like a Cobra kai themed date going to sushi and doing a karate class together. Like, we never hear women going out of their way to set things up like this. It's usually the men that try and arrange a date like this. It is refreshing. I commend you on what you did here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. Get it another. I'm striking first like a Cobra. I think it's marriage material.
Speaker 10: Wow, you're just.
Speaker 2: Think I think she's marriage material. In this guy is going to be missing out if he doesn't give you another chance.
Speaker 4: All right, we're sitting the bar. Yeah, would you like Brook to tell him that as soon as we get him on the phone, or we can hold off for a second.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's just be natural and chill about it at Okay, see what happens, and then then we'll get to the waxing on and off and all that.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's a good part of the movie. Here we go, let's dial the phone number and hopefully he picks up. Hello. Hey, we're looking for Mike.
Speaker 11: This is Mike.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mike, I said, we because you're talking to a whole show right now, a radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 11: Uh, what is it about.
Speaker 2: It's called the Second Date Update, and it's all about you, Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just sorry. I don't know what's going on with Brooke today. She's a little yeah, and it's not just about you. It's about you along with one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently named Hannah.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, Hannah. Yeah, okay, yeah remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like you guys just recently went out, which is awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah we did. Yeah we went out cool, all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard a little bit about your guys's date. We'd like to get your side of the story, just to see how the stories match.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't know, what do you want to know. I don't really feel too comfortable about talking about this kind of stuff for the whole radio show.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, not the whole show. Alexis closed your ears. Oh all right, now you have seventy percent of the show.
Speaker 2: I don't want to miss how it goes headphones off, he doesn't listen anyways. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: What okay, all right, I think we're meeting your quota now. So what we're looking for though, is just general thoughts like did you like Hannah? How did you feel about her?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 11: Uh, I mean okay, if I if I'd say anything, it was probably one of the more like unique experiences I've ever had on a date.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she put a lot of like thought and energy into planning the night for you too.
Speaker 2: Is that is that something new that?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that's that's for sure. I think a lot of energy was expended too, even on the date. I can give you that much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're talking about like the karate class was like you extend the energy?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that would be it. I I certainly something I've ever experienced before.
Speaker 1: That's cool, though, I mean, what did you think when she came up with that idea?
Speaker 2: She said it was kind of a surprise.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, it absolutely was. And I'll say this, you know, I thought for me it was like I don't mind surprises. It was just something that like what I was wearing too, you know, I'm wearing some kind of nice pants. I couldn't you know, I can't do karate in those kind of clothes. It was, you know, it was It was interesting.
Speaker 5: Because I could see how people would even say no, not in a rude way, but like I'm sorry, but that's kind of a big ask, Like we just had dinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I probably do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy, you sound adventurous.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're talking a lot about the date and the activities. I want to know what you thought about Hannah.
Speaker 2: If you got to know who she is.
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, a little bit. I mean she seems really nice, but uh, your personality wise, I just don't know if we're if we're compatible. Oh no, yeah, to be completely honest, well, it was she I mean, this is weird to me too, is that like she puts all this great idea and energy into this idea and then she kind of was a little like meek, you know, just kind of yeah, shy. I guess i'd say, like it's like, it's not her fault. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not saying people like that and have a problem or anything. It's just for me, it's not really what I go for and when I saw.
Speaker 1: That, But listen, you've got a person, even if she's shy, she's going out a limb. She's surprising you with the karate class Like maybe you just need to get to know her more to see like her fun charismatic side.
Speaker 11: Yeah, what's that whole thing? You can't ask us ever to change his stripes or something like that. And then I'm saying, I don't know, it's just something like she is.
Speaker 4: You know what exactly a you're looking for? What type of woman do you want? Obnoxious brook type?
Speaker 2: Some people do, some people do, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 11: You know, I think that typically I'm just more attracted to someone with a bit more of like an assertive of personality.
Speaker 1: Really, but she's I know.
Speaker 4: There is a saying that I like to draw up on sometimes. It's that I may not always win, but I never quit.
Speaker 2: Oh is this a karate kid thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, I was ruining it, but it's going to segue seedlessly to tell you know who also doesn't quit? Hannah, who's on the other line right now?
Speaker 2: Talk to him?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're damn right the phone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ober kind never dies. Okay it is.
Speaker 11: And I find a footable here sneaky move Okay, Yeah, we want.
Speaker 4: You to talk to each other. I want to hear from Hannah though, Hannah, what what do you think about what you just heard?
Speaker 9: I think that it's kind of ridiculous that you would judge me that fast, because I clearly have other sides to my personality.
Speaker 7: I just was.
Speaker 9: Showing the one thing first. I put myself out there. I can be assertive like I can be bad.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, sounds like he's not quite buying it yet.
Speaker 9: I don't think you're you're really getting that. So just like, don't confuse being nice with being weak?
Speaker 2: Is that a quote? Because that's a good thing, Hannah.
Speaker 4: Do you have any other examples of how you can be an assertive powerful woman?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 9: Like, I might like this show for a reason, Okay, because I am a go getter. I try to get what I want. I mean, I don't give up.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, what are you thinking there?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 11: I mean, are you saying that what you want is another date with me? Is that what you want?
Speaker 7: Hannah?
Speaker 4: Strike first, strike hard, no mercy.
Speaker 2: Where are you kidding.
Speaker 7: Saying?
Speaker 2: Before we called it?
Speaker 4: I'm on Google?
Speaker 9: Listen.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: You're gonna either be quiet and listen to me and just do it and we're gonna go out again because there's more there, or you're just gonna be lame.
Speaker 4: I don't even have to ask a question, because she's telling you that we're going to go out on a second date.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be lame, do you?
Speaker 11: I mean, listen. I said to them that I wanted someone who was assertive, and this is kind of the consertiveness. So I'm down if you're down.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I've an offer to pay for it. There we go.
Speaker 2: She's gonna make him pay for it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you got money to pay for it, and you're gonna like it.
Speaker 11: Mike, I guess I have to now. I literally asked for someone to tell me what to do.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like we're sending you guys out on another date.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, all right, hand up, glad you did this? Shoot?
Speaker 2: Do you know have a Cobra Kai saying to close this.
Speaker 4: Out, no, I was just gonna end with a traditional bow and then we all kiss. This is radio.
Speaker 13: There's kissing in the karate classes that I went to. There we okay, everybody bow and pucker and one to.
Speaker 4: You've taken control of the.
Speaker 2: Situation, like jeff is actually blessing.
Speaker 13: Your hands full with this tiger well.
Speaker 10: A monster real and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 4: Morning another prime example of when being true to yourself goes bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Guess you know.
Speaker 1: I think there's probably a lot of therapists that are like, oh god, that's not exactly.
Speaker 2: What we meant.
Speaker 4: Now, here's a secret that your therapist or your friends and your family won't tell you. Nobody likes you who.
Speaker 7: The real you.
Speaker 4: They don't want to see that person.
Speaker 2: That's what you take.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you this because I care. This is the truth.
Speaker 1: Is this the speech that your mother gave you your high school graduation?
Speaker 4: Look at the Kardashians. Okay, nobody liked the real them, and now look at the look they changed everything and they are the most successful, happiest family in the world.
Speaker 2: That's not the message. That's not the message. We're sending out the message.
Speaker 4: Then Brooke, be true to yourself and then screw the date up.
Speaker 1: No, it's just maybe that wasn't a good fit for her. He wanted someone that she isn't, and that's okay.
Speaker 4: It would have been a good fit if she changed everything about herself.
Speaker 2: All Right, I give up, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I see the bright side.
Speaker 2: Go join the Kardashian Clay.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna have a good time together. And then when I come back, I'm willing to help people with their data.
Speaker 2: Wait, I think it's his lips that are gonna be way fire.
Speaker 4: No matter how I look or how I feel, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. And check out all of our second day podcasts up wherever you get yours at Brook and.
Speaker 10: Jeffrey Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: One of the most popular second dates from last year is back, along with the sound clip that's been replayed on Spotify over half a million times. The good news for us is she's moved to a new city and jumped back into the dating pool. The bad news is the guys she went out with is avoiding her and literally ran away literally why. That's what we're going to try to find out when we have her back for your second date update right after this Brook.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: We've had unlucky second daters return back to the show looking for another shot at love. What we don't have that often is second date ease. The people we call during the segment who don't know who we are, coming back and asking for our.
Speaker 2: Help because they usually don't have a good experience.
Speaker 4: That usually drive people away. But this one in particular was one of the most popular that we had on all of last year. I'll just play the clip and I think most of you will remember. Here's Meghan.
Speaker 8: Oh he doesn't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm not calling him back because he ate my goldfish, actual fish, you my actual swimming fish Cleo gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Megan's fish got eight on her dates. So she said no to that guy. Not sure why, but she did email us back saying that she is now a listener to our show regularly and she'd like to request our services. So Meghan, welcome back to Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Hi, guys.
Speaker 2: Please tell me no pets went missing in this latest.
Speaker 3: Date I haven't even adopted another pet, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, still living with it. Well, apparently there is a new man that you met recently. Okay, tell us about your date and who it was with, where you went, what you ate, why you liked them, how it ended, and five things that may or may not have gone wrong.
Speaker 2: You're a conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just get all the questions out of the way after all.
Speaker 3: Right, I went on this date with Mark.
Speaker 8: Very lucky man.
Speaker 2: We met Mark where.
Speaker 3: We met at an art gallery?
Speaker 1: Actually, was it like one of those openings where it's like a party almost?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yes, actually cool. So I was just checking out this piece of art and this cute guy just kind of started talking to me about it, and we just kept chatting and walking and we were both very spontaneous. So we just went out for a very late lunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is an evening thing, this is a daytime.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, I know this spot with all these food trucks, let's go there.
Speaker 4: So we did, from the art gallery to the food truck. I know.
Speaker 2: It's really cute.
Speaker 1: I mean what's nice about it too, is that you don't have any opportunities for somebody to bail right now. I think it happens in dating, like even just hanging out with a friend, Like you have so many different points of contact before the actual hangout where people can just flake on you.
Speaker 8: You think that, yeah, you think that.
Speaker 3: So we get our top, like we get tacos, and we're like comparing toppings for like trying each other's stuff. Like it's really fun and cute.
Speaker 2: And I like him.
Speaker 3: I especially like him because he's asking me very thoughtful questions.
Speaker 4: What's a thoughtful question?
Speaker 3: He asked me, what is the weirdest compliment I've ever received?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And was it that your goldfish tastes delicious?
Speaker 3: Out? I was like, I can't think of anything. Well, I have one, he said, someone told him that he has eyes that would make a cat jealous.
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I kinda laughed because I didn't really know what to make of it.
Speaker 4: I don't understand what that even means.
Speaker 1: I think it was just a setup so that he could tell you how he had great eyes.
Speaker 8: I think he did have nice eyes.
Speaker 4: Is there another great question.
Speaker 9: That he had?
Speaker 3: So we laughed that one off, and then he goes, all right, well, what is something that you wouldn't normally tell people? On a first date.
Speaker 2: That's a loaded question.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, So I tell him that I've had some family members might have been in some reenactments of like true their story might have been in some reenactments of true crime.
Speaker 7: Let's say that, Oh.
Speaker 4: Your family has a criminal pass.
Speaker 8: You said it, not me, So.
Speaker 4: I'm just decoding.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like your family was the victim, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, he was trying to pry some details out of me. I don't give it to him, and I go, what about you? And he says, oh, well, I recently got out of a speeding ticket by looking like a Jonas brother, which I guess was kind of his like bad boy trying to relate to crime.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, okay, I don't think anyone ever thought Jonas brothers were bad boys.
Speaker 2: So you just like it because.
Speaker 1: It's different conversation than normally how happens on a first date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was at least interesting.
Speaker 4: Sounds interesting. Now. Earlier you mentioned there was no chance for him to ditch to escape, and he kind of laughed at that.
Speaker 3: So the final part of our date, we decide to go into a nearby bookstore and we're just kind of perusing the aisles, and then all of a sudden, it's like one of those things, you know, like the door has like a bell attached to it. I hear the bell ding and I just instinctively look up and there's Mark and he's just sprinting.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he didn't say anything to me.
Speaker 4: Did somebody show Oh my god, it's one of the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I instantly go to the taco truck.
Speaker 5: Oh there was.
Speaker 4: A digestive issue.
Speaker 2: He needed to find a bathroom.
Speaker 8: I don't think of that, but he he had.
Speaker 3: My number and he didn't even like text me to apologize.
Speaker 2: Or wait you never saw him again?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm calling you.
Speaker 2: How rude?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you are on a date with someone, you spend that many hours and then you you run away.
Speaker 4: It's like you said, if there's an emergency happening in your clothes at the moment, you don't stick around and explain yourself.
Speaker 2: That's case scenario. I know, text you, text you, call you say I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: His phone was in his pants. It's all messed up. I don't know what the answer is, but hopefully he picks up when we call him and he has some for us when we reach out to Mark for you and ask what made you sprint out of the bookstore without saying goodbye after your awesome insta date. Yeah, we're gonna find out when we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us, we may have uncovered secret audio of Mark at the very end of his first date with Megan.
Speaker 2: Wait play again, it's too fast.
Speaker 12: Uncovered because he literally he's sprinted out of the bookstore where they were without saying goodbye, leaving Megan wondering what is going on and who is going to pay for this fifty Shades of Gray Make your Own Adventure.
Speaker 2: Book really smart?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it always ends weird, but Brooke had a theory that it was a post taco truck emergency that had him sprinting out of there. But remember Meghan said that she liked him because Mark asked unique questions during the date and that was a big turn on.
Speaker 3: Right Meghan, Yeah, especially for an impromptu date.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, time to prep it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole thing felt pretty natural from your description of it. I can't even think of why why anyone would run away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was like a really big deal to me because this is the first connection I've had since I moved here about a month ago.
Speaker 4: Have we considered the fact that he may not be able to read.
Speaker 1: I'm god, we're laughing and I'm gonna feel really bad if he's illiterate.
Speaker 2: We can't hear this.
Speaker 4: I feel so bad, guys, I'm kidding. So, I mean, look, we're all pulling for you because we don't want you to have no connections in this new city that you just moved to.
Speaker 2: Before moving to a new city can be hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll try and help connect you with the guy. Even if you can't read. At least it's somebody that you can hang out with.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch a TV show.
Speaker 2: You can't be picky when you're new in a city. You got to take what you get. May take picture books for a reason, and we'll.
Speaker 4: Upgrade slowly over time if need be. But first let's call Mark. We'll see if he picks up. Hopefully get some answers. Okay, here we go. Hello, Hey is this Mark?
Speaker 7: Uh? Yes? Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 4: Mark? So we didn't catch you in the bathroom or something. It sounds kind of echoy on your end. Well, I hope we didn't catch it that time.
Speaker 7: Who are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we should tell you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good morning, Okay, good morning. What's this about?
Speaker 2: You're on your bathroom Ratings and reviews segment?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is on the tents.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 4: We're like kind of a fun, jokey comedy type show. But one of the big things we do is a dating segment called second Date Update. I don't know if you're familiar with it, but one of our listeners reached out to us because you guys went out the other night. She had a really good time. Her name's Meghan.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, oh god. Okay, yeah, yeah, brother.
Speaker 4: Well, we have a lot of questions for you, Mark, the number one question being why did you sprint out of the bookstore at the end of the date without saying anything? Is there a reason behind that?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely had a good reason.
Speaker 4: Well, good because we heard about your date. Megan told us a lot about it, but she has no idea why you would go running out of that bookstore. Should she know the re.
Speaker 7: Well don't. I don't know. Megan should know the reason, I would think, but she really does.
Speaker 1: Did you text her or something because she didn't get your text like there was no explanation from you.
Speaker 7: Nope, nope, I did not text her at all. I went to an art exhibit and yes, we hit it off. It was nice. And then next thing I know, we're getting a late lunch and she's telling me that her family is in the cartel.
Speaker 4: What oh the family?
Speaker 2: Remember?
Speaker 4: Oh about it? Okay? Wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on.
Speaker 1: This comes from a question that you asked her. You asked her one thing that she would never share on a first date.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm glad I did, because then she shared that with me, and I knew to steer clear.
Speaker 4: Well hold on really a turn off when we heard about it. She said that her family had kind of like a sordid past with maybe some criminal activity.
Speaker 2: I just thought there were some felons, you know, like, yeah, a felon. I mean, mind of.
Speaker 4: Felons are better than the cartel? Is that? Is that our stance.
Speaker 2: It's not necessarily a lifelong decision. It's like one bad choice to be a felon. The cartel is like you're making yeah.
Speaker 4: Marketment, how did you get to the cartel from what she told you?
Speaker 7: She just said it. She was like, okay, well, let's just say that like what you guys were saying about your families, like there's some sordid characters or whatever. And I pressed and then she was like, well, yeah, my family is in the cartel. That's why I had to move cities.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's why she had to move cities.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's why I had lived here. They're keeping tabs on me, but I think we're safe.
Speaker 4: Okay, So wait, you learn all this information about her, how do you go from being in the bookstore with her to sprinting out, yeah, why did you run before?
Speaker 7: When she said they were keeping cabs on me? I was sort of like thinking, okay, is there anybody watching us right now? So I didn't want to just run away, so I was like, hey, let's go into this bookstore and then your escape.
Speaker 2: Route because they wouldn't see you outside the bookstore running.
Speaker 4: It's not like the cartel is tapping the line right now listening to what you're saying. At least, we don't think.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they operate, but I do know Megan is on the other line listening to the.
Speaker 1: Callell's a big fan of the second day of.
Speaker 4: The wouldn't be.
Speaker 7: Megan's on the phone right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how the setment works's there? But go ahead.
Speaker 3: I just want to say I think you're overreacting a little bit.
Speaker 8: I think this is kind of a bit much given what I mentioned.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, family, what are you talking about? Megan? You're joking right, Well.
Speaker 3: I can't tell a lot. I can't really share that in frankly, Mark couldn't have pulled that on the line.
Speaker 2: Well he didn't know.
Speaker 4: Well, he's just telling us his side of the story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm glad I did well.
Speaker 3: And that's why I thought that was a conversation just between you and me. That's why I didn't say the word cartel. That's why I just said, oh, my family has a criminal background.
Speaker 4: So mark o, Mark, do you want to apologize for outing her family as part of the cartel?
Speaker 10: What you're talking about?
Speaker 3: If you think about it, this really is your fault because you are the one who asked me the question, what would I not tell anyone on a first date?
Speaker 9: So really it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of your fault, a hit on yourself.
Speaker 3: Now you've heard everything, like, just know we do want to go on another date, Like, yeah, we can't really like text the name of locations, but we can like to do a code?
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 9: Joke?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: What I can't tell.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit scared, Like Mark.
Speaker 2: I'm angry. I want to hang out with her.
Speaker 4: Now, Mark, what's your read on how Megan is doing this?
Speaker 7: I'm completely against this. I want to protect myself.
Speaker 2: Her against the cartel.
Speaker 3: That's not a good idea already out of them. He was the one who said it.
Speaker 7: I didn't, Oh man, I mean I would.
Speaker 4: I would be a little bit flattered.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to tell you anything.
Speaker 1: But he's get really good presence from anybody if you're.
Speaker 2: Dating, Like you know what I mean, Oh yeah, they have money, you're saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're trying to keep this light, but I mean, there's no way that's real.
Speaker 5: I don't believe.
Speaker 1: I think the reason I'm keeping his light because I think she's joking the whole time, like nobody's getting her like dry sense of humor.
Speaker 4: Okay, but she did just move. She told him that he had well, yeah, there is some evidence against her.
Speaker 2: Okay, can he ever meet your family.
Speaker 3: Will he even be able to find them?
Speaker 8: I doubt it.
Speaker 7: This is real, guys, this is real. She was serious what she told to be on date. She's serious what she's telling you to you now? Well, I think going to work and I've been seeing the same car go around and around in the in the route between my home and my office. I can't do this.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you're not being paranal? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Everybody owns a tesla, now, dude.
Speaker 2: Riskier than saying yes.
Speaker 4: The whole point of this call, Mark is to offer to send you out on another date with Megan, and we can't. We won't say where you're going, just because we want to keep you safe. So we'll use a code word like I'll a biblioteca.
Speaker 2: That's not code, that's Spanish.
Speaker 4: Means what do you think, Mark, there's lots of libraries. I'll never be able to tell.
Speaker 7: So I ran sprinting from a bookstore to get away from this woman. I told you everything that I've told you on the phone. Right now, What is it that makes you think that I would say yes to another date.
Speaker 2: People will do anything for free stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, you don't have to pay for me. I'm financially taken care of already.
Speaker 4: Oh, an independent woman, I mean dirty money, but yeah independent.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure that they launder it.
Speaker 3: You guys been making light of this. But I'm gonna call you later. Mark, we're gonna hang.
Speaker 8: Out all the car pick you up.
Speaker 4: Oh, same car that's following him around the neighborhood, so you'll know which one it is. Mark, just hop in. Oh my god, you just.
Speaker 10: Brok and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Her delivery was interesting there.
Speaker 2: She was joking, right.
Speaker 4: It's hard to say because listening back to it again, I think she was probably unhappy with Mark for saying that information on the air because she said criminal passed. He said cartel, So there is a difference.
Speaker 1: But why would you go on a radio show. It's like, it's just crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Maybe she just didn't think that the information would come out that way, so she had to play it like, Oh, I'm joking, guys, because someone could hear this, and now everyone who works on your show is in jeopardy. So I'm kidding. Take the hand. I have a solution.
Speaker 5: If you are in the cartel text us right now, is anybody you're in trouble?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we like to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're pretty straight.
Speaker 4: For yeah, because that's the thing. We're not good at taking hits.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We still don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: We are not sure, but all we know is Meghan did not get another date. Although Brook there is a dark van outside the station with a bunch of guys who say they're big fans and they want to talk to you privately. So I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 2: Do I need a safety word or I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure you're fired. They want you to sign some shirts of that right anyway, if you want some help, you can always email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts. They're available at Brook and Jeffrey