Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: A Rah, let's do this, good morning, weird? What's up Buddy, Covino and Rich? Day one of the Dan Patrick hat Trick, which means, oh man, three to row three days of your favorite bozos, Covino and Rich normally Monday through Friday, two to four on the West, five to seven pm on the East. But when they say, hey, you want to do the hat trick? When to fill in for DP, we say yes. And it's not just us. We brought the whole team with us super producing Danny g on the xylophones today, Iowa Samuel. Great to see Iowa sam with us today, spots on the videos.
Speaker 3: If you guys want to play along at home or in your car.
Speaker 2: Or at the office at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. Hope you had a great weekend, A Rory McElroy sort of weekend, A Covino and.
Speaker 4: Rich sort of weekend. Great weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a great Yeah, I was just thinking about it. We're gonna tell you all about it here on the show again. Brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tierrack dot com slash Dan try the Tire Decision Guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers pre road hazard protection and mobile tire installation ti I rack dot comly tire buying should be. I feel like Danny was getting tired of playing the xylophone. Yeah, I know, he traded off with Sam. There so lots coming up on today's show, giving away prizes. Today we're gonna play Last One Standing. We're gonna talk about The Last of Us. Perhaps whatever you do last weekend. I started last night. We had such a long, busy weekend. I started last night and I started falling asleep, not because it wasn't good. I was actually reminded of how good that show was. But Season two of the Last of Us premiered last night on HBO Max. And it's been like five years since we saw the first Seat's time hop in the show too. Yeah, they time hopped five years. But had a busy weekend. Hope you enjoyed yours. It's spring break now for the kiddies out here on the West Side in Los Angeles, so enjoy the week. Let's get it going and try the less traffic, Yeah, less traffic, but exciting always to be here. And like I said, we're giving away prizes. We're gonna talk Isaiah Thomas and Lebron. We have a two prong Lebron thought to share with you. Did I lose my man card over the weekend? We'll explain there's a rule, a CNR on FSR rule that every man has to live by.
Speaker 3: Did I lose my card? Plus Paid Sporanic.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yea, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well she's got a theory that I think we can all get behind. Yeah, I'll exciting. So we're not necessarily going to talk Rory McElroy, but we are going to talk masters and golf something that Paid Sporadic said about it. But we just came back from sack down my own town, man Stephen Anthony Covino's town, the real Stephen A's.
Speaker 4: Town, Sacramento, Sacramento, where you at.
Speaker 2: We just came back from Sacramento and had a blast. As I said to Cavino, if we had to taken this trip thanks to our buddy Hime, who was like, hey, your Mets are playing up here. When it comes see the Mets A's I don't know if I've ever would have went to Sacramento in my life. I mean, you don't know that we are now syndicated in Sacramento. So our show is on every afternoon and right now in Sacramento. So how do you know they wouldn't say, hey, come down here and broadcast live. They already did, remember they asked us to come to the Brewfest. You know, it is further than you realize though, from Los Ago to a judge a hot dog eating contest, Hey why not? Why wouldn't I go out there? So I wouldn't say never. That's a wild statement to make. But ironically, what we've been out here over fifteen years, I've been out in Los Angeles, never been to Sacramento unless you're a Kings fan, unless you were going to see the state capitol with your kid on a field trip or something.
Speaker 3: There are reasons which we saw.
Speaker 2: We found our way up to Sacramento, California for the mets. A's our buddies like, hey, get your plane tickets, quick flight from LA.
Speaker 4: It's like fifty minutes.
Speaker 2: Fifty five minutes there, spent the day fifty five minutes back. So we spent our Sunday or yesterday in Sacramento watching the Mets beat the A's, who are just stinking like a blink, and you have to imagine a B. Lincoln probably had some stank stank. I mean it was the eighteen hundred. I mean they showered like once a month. Yeah, with a stick, right, they put like a little cloth on a stick.
Speaker 3: I mean that was Spartacus.
Speaker 4: But in Spartacus that's how the used to wipe their butts. River that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, put a leaf on a stick. Yeah, focus, focus, not comfortable. So Rich's theory is this, we were in Sacramento. I don't even want to harp on this because the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, Rich was saying, you know, chances are hadn't the Mets played here, we would have never been Sacramento. I don't know about that. That's Riches's theory. But then he was like sort of having an edible moment, even though he wasn't on any He was like, just take a look around, man, we would have never seen this place. There's so much world. We would have never seen. These people, they would have never existed hadn't we come today. I'm like, no, pretty sure there's still existing.
Speaker 5: It's strange though, because it is the capital of California. No, to say you would never go to the capitol is kind of strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, all these people like we would have never seen them. There was a place I'm like, dude, we're on the air in Sacramento. There was a place on Mars right next to where the Kings play, and it was called punch Bowl Social. It was like a bar that had a little bowling alley, video games. It's kind of like of a more adult Dave and Buster sort of type like sports bar activities games. And we had a couple hours to kill after the game before our flight, so we went. We bowled and had a couple whole story in itself, had a couple of drinks, had some apps, and that's where I had the thought of look around, dude, look at there's all these families wearing their Sacramento Kings gear. There's a whole world in Sacramento, a whole scene going on that you would have never known existed had you not come here. And that's just so indicative of the world. And we all have those friends or family members that never leave their hometown, so.
Speaker 4: All they know they have no perspective is their little pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they know nothing.
Speaker 2: We have friends and family members like that who never leave their hometown.
Speaker 3: That's what Peee Herman did.
Speaker 2: Remember that in Pee's last Netflix movie, he never left the parameters of his own town, his hometown the movie with Joe Manganello. You got to see the world because when you don't travel and you don't go out and meet people and see the other scenes that you describe, Rich, what perspective do you really have? But that perspective is all relative, because there's an Anthony Bourdaine out there who travels the world and he thinks your perspective is weak. And then there's an astronaut who thinks Anthony mooret Daan's perspective was weak. You know what I mean, Like it's all relative to the size of your steeple. But it was nice to be out there, even though I was listening to Rich try to explain how mind blested he was that like, look at all these Kings fans. I think that's what blew you away. People out there, they just made the play in tournament there. They must be pumped, all these Kings fans and now the A's around here. Look at this scene, just what you have that feeling in your own neck of the woods. Sometimes like you'll see a place. It could be some like weird looking haul or a weird restaurant, and you're like, who goes in there? And if you ever stumble in there, you walk in like, Wow, this place is packed. I didn't think anyone came here. How did I not know about this scene? Or when my daughter got into cross country running, like all of a sudden, you're.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, this is a scene.
Speaker 2: There's so many like undiscovered scenes. You just got your head up your ass, That's what I'm saying. And I think either you or someone in your family or one of your closest friends. Yeah, my daughter's a cheerleader. Now, so now guess what I'm in all these gymnasiums, Like.
Speaker 4: Man, what a scene.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this was going on every Saturday Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: What a scene? Like the awareness theory when you become.
Speaker 2: A parent and then you realize you look around, You're like, oh my god, there's a lot of people strollers that you you enter a world of cartoons and kids stuff that the little kids see.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, they got checked for an eight hundred dollars stroller too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly if you're reading or trying your hardest to read between the lines, this is more of like again a stoner's thought. Sacramento was quite the scene.
Speaker 3: It really was. It was a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: Everybody was enjoying having the A's there again at a minor league ballpark. Can I tell you the hospitality, Danny g was next level courteous, beautiful in fact, just a bunch of old people welcoming you into the stadium and the ballpark vibe of it all. You're like, this is a nice scene. It felt scene you would have never known of. Felt like spring training.
Speaker 4: It did. And there was a bunch of like really old grandpa's helly.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the stadium, young fella, Hey, hey, where are you sitting?
Speaker 3: Is you know what com with me?
Speaker 4: Read this way?
Speaker 3: Hey, we have free cookies, thanks for being here, Like.
Speaker 2: They really appreciated your being there at the ballpark, and they were really happy to welcome the A's and the Mets. I'll tell you what, go do the bug. I was hearing rumors guys, look we're baseball fans now. I'll tell you man, one time I showed the babe, like, man, how old are you, Ebenezer. So there's a rumor that the A's aren't necessarily sold on Las Vegas, that Sacramento is very welcoming of this hanking vip.
Speaker 3: They heard from the Green Vine, George and Sam and all these old guys. Here's a good chance you may stay.
Speaker 6: You knew.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, because you guys seem real happy to have the A's. But in other words, long story short here is that it was quite the scene. If you have any thoughts on that, Rich, yeah, just please let me know. My thought is this, there's twenty nine other baseball teams. If you're a fan of one of them and you're looking for a fun little adventure a couple of days away, go see your team play in Sacramento against the Athletics. Oh, you're not going to get up and closer. You will not be disappointed. You will not be disappointed at all. It is the most accessible small feel you know. Just go to our Instagram at Covin and Rich, we were sitting right behind home played. I felt like, uh, Francisco Lindor and Peter Lonzo where I feel like we're chit chatting with them while they're on the on deck circle in between innings before the game. Everything about it seemed like it had that spring training vibe where woll the players are just like.
Speaker 3: Right there, Well, it's home of the river Cats.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: It was the stadium, Sutter Health Park, something like that, right, Sutter Health Park, beautiful ballpark. But rich nail that it's it's a minor league stadium. A lot of big stars came through there. But I gotta say, if you have, if you're one of those people that say, you know, maybe once a year or so, I like to travel to go see my team, like Danny, if the Dodgers go up there at any point this year, if it falls on like a weekend, if something that makes sense, I promise you would not be disappointed even if you took the road trip up there. It is the access is unbelievable. And again we might be staying in the obvious to a lot of people. It is a big show nationwide.
Speaker 4: How many people have been up to Sacramento so far?
Speaker 2: No, I get it, But there's a lot of people that go to minor league ball games and ballparks all the time. This is a Triple A affiliate the River Cats, so that might be your scene anyway.
Speaker 5: It's such an intimate setting that it's almost like it's almost like it's easy to get on TV.
Speaker 2: Danny, and that's where I'm going, And Danny, the most intimate I'd ever been.
Speaker 4: Whoa at a ballpark? Whoa Whoa. This is for the podcast, not National Area.
Speaker 2: Probably at Camden Yards, because you really have that ballpark feel and it really feels like a like a different type of atmosphere when you're there in Baltimore. But man, this was a great time. It was a beautiful day. Rich was right there talking to Juan Soto. We were three rows behind home plate.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know he con vision.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you a quick story about Covino and Rich. Now, we've been doing radio for a long time and part of our radio experience we were we were part of Maxim Radio for a long time. Maxim magazine, which encompass sports and relationships and lifestyle and all that stuff. You guys remember magazines, right, I was gonna say, what's that? So Maxim Radio, which was on serious and serious ExM. Remember when people would have Maxim magazines in like their dorm room. Yeah, you have to pile on your coffee table.
Speaker 3: Of course, who forgot young kids?
Speaker 2: Young dudes now have no clue of the culture of having like a sports illustrated, a maximum, a stuff magazine, Like all the that magazine culture of like the nineties and two thousands is so far. I mean, Vita Guera in FHM sort of changed my life. I mean, at least a decade of it. Magazine culture is gone. Remember you go to the doctor's office and you have like Highlights magazine. I mean I still read Highlights magazine. I'm a master of the hidden pictures. But anyway, I'm trying to make a point. But then you miss TV gud No, my goodness, is the caffeine setting ain't already on you?
Speaker 3: By the way, that's for Davis. I'm Cavino again. Good morning. Now.
Speaker 2: When we were on Maxim Radio, we were just on the radio. This is before like social media and video was a part of it. Maybe YouTube videos, that's about it, but not even really, but not even really. But we would talk about, Hey, we're going to the All Star Game, and hey we're going to this baseball event. Hey we're doing this. So for years our mission was to get on TV A because It was our way of getting on TV on ESPN, but mostly just something for our listeners to have fun with, just like a goofy experience. Hey we're gonna be at the Home Run Derby, look out for us. We're gonna try to get on TV. And we got on TV five six years in a row courtesy of All Star Weekend or Home Run Derby and that sort of thing. And what we would do to get noticed is the Bushwhacker. Now, what is the bushwhacker? Right? Hey, Luke and Butch the wrestlers, right, the Bushwhackers. Remember, they would come down the aisle rich to your best Finkle coming down the oil the bush Whacker, right, So Baffoon's from New Zealand that were very very special. So to include our listeners in on the fund, like, hey we're gonna be at the Ulcer game, look out for us, we would do the Bushwhacker dance in the stands, so anytime a home run was hit in that area, you would see us. We made it onto TV five six years in a row at the All Star Game and Home Run Derby and everything else years doing the Bushwhacker.
Speaker 3: Now, if you don't believe us when you're doing the.
Speaker 2: Bull scroll later on or when you have a break later on, just search Covino and Rich Bushwhackers on YouTube Covino and Rich CoV I know the year after year he'll run derby see all these random videos of us having the time of our life.
Speaker 3: Because it's so dumb, because.
Speaker 4: Like we're on TV.
Speaker 2: Now, here's the foot on there, We're on the big screen at the stadium, which is the greatest thrill ever. Here's here's the funniest part. Fast forward. We end up having a TV show on SNY. Then we were on ESPN for years, and I still had more of a thrill, yes, trying to get on TV in the crowd than actually when we hosted our own Child. Yeah, our goal to our listeners and our friends was like, we're going to try to get on TV anyway.
Speaker 4: How it's a different challenge.
Speaker 2: Like if I told you, Hey, you're gonna be on TV tonight, that's a given, makes it fun. But if I told you you go to a game tonight, try to get on TV and then all your friends are like, oh I see him, I see them, it's more of a challeng fun. So, yeah, like Rich said, we had a TV show every night not even close to this thrill because it's uh, you know, just a fun sort of electric moment. So I am proud to say that when we were in Sacramento yesterday at Rivercat's Triple A affiliate at the stadium where the Giants play and now the A's are playing, it was such a small atmosphere, such a small little scene in ballpark, and Rich and I were so close behind home play.
Speaker 4: We're like, we.
Speaker 2: Got to try to get on TV, and we came. We saw we conquered and his three heard.
Speaker 3: Of the bushwhackers.
Speaker 2: Everybody, dude, we haven't done the bushwhackers on TV at a ballgame in like ten plus years.
Speaker 4: So it looked retro.
Speaker 6: Daddy.
Speaker 2: I called my wife, and my wife goes, it's the bottom of the third. Who are those bozos behind home plate? My wife said they my kids were watching us. I said, yeah, daddy, Daddy's gonna be sitting right behind home plate. So if you put on the Mets game, you might see me and Steve. And my wife's like, I know what I think's blocking you. We were sitting behind.
Speaker 3: The graphic, the graphic, the score board graphics.
Speaker 2: So towards the end of the game, I was like, we gotta move, we gotta move seats just to do this. So we posted it at Covine on Wretch. We were the guys doing the whoa yeah. So we didn't sneak down those were our seats. We just moved more to the left just to get on TV because we weren't really.
Speaker 3: In the shot.
Speaker 2: And we did it and it made our friends laugh, and like Rich said, that made more impact in our lives than having an actual TV show. And we say that respectfully and honestly. Yeah, it was so funny.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: It's the dumb challenge of it.
Speaker 2: If I told you, hey, you're gonna you know you're gonna do this, that's a that's a given. If I said here's a challenge, you know, here's a challenge. You could see this on our social media. You guys had way more viewers at the baseball game too, Oh yeah, I bet Yeah, more people were tuning in to see that yesterday. So again at Covino and Rich to play along at home. But you could also see our our montage of our time in Sacramento, and again, mission accomplished. Can I give you made it onto TV? Another example of when getting on TV by design not by design. Getting on TV as a challenge is always more thrilling or getting in on the background of a newscast like or a local report, like if you could try to get in there like your beaves and butt head that was, That's so much more fun than Oh, you actually are on TV because you're like hosting something.
Speaker 4: I'll give you another example.
Speaker 2: My mom and sister were out here visiting me in Los Angeles, and I took my mother and sister to a taping of The Prices Right, And I said, Huh, I don't care if I get called down to Contestants Row.
Speaker 4: In fact, I probably won't.
Speaker 2: I'm not The people that get called down there have like I Love Drew Carey shirts and like they have like crazy stories like I can't hear from Aowa you love Drew Carrey. So I'm like, you know what I'm gonna do If anyone around me gets picked to go to Contestants ROW. I'm gonna run to them and start hugging and jumping on them like I know them, and.
Speaker 4: You better believe I did.
Speaker 2: Some guy in your there was a guy behind me, some big He was a big sas he gay dude and he gets called.
Speaker 3: And he's like yeah, he starts flipping out.
Speaker 2: I go, hold on, I tell I step away from my mother and sister.
Speaker 3: I run like two rows away, like he's your boy. I start hugging and.
Speaker 2: Jumping with this guy as if he's my best points in it, And then of course I'm like, hey, guys, guess who's on the process right. So the point is, I think those moments are more fun than designed. So honestly, no, it sounds lame, guys. I'm smiling ear to ear thinking about it, because for years that was our mission, and at that time too, we thought we belonged on ESPN. That was our way of getting on. We wanted to make our listeners laugh. It was a challenge, it was fun. So for years that was our thing. We brought it back yesterday. I think that's find ourself of how fun it was.
Speaker 4: It really was how.
Speaker 2: Many how many times will your friend be like you'll tonight turn on the news like I was the idiot they interviewed outside the outside the basketball arena, Those like little news clips for me just have such a stupid impact because it's always like an inside joke with you and your buds.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com. Within the iHeartRadio app, search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 4: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 3: So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planet Earth. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to the phones now eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Just talking about no phones at the sporting events for now, right, we should have no phones at the dinner table. You would think that these are just manners, right, this is the understood way, But I guess we're sitting the guidelines. Well, you know Mike who runs his place? Who Mike, Yeah, the guy that runs Ihearten Premiere got out there in the hallway Mike. Mike said, the problem is that no one really knows how to behave in the social media smartphone era. We're almost sort of establishing the rules as we go along, and that is that's a great point, like this is all uncharted territory.
Speaker 3: It's like took us a long time to get to this point. Online bullying AI.
Speaker 2: When new things come into our lives, we're trying to figure out, like, all right, what are the rules on this? And I think we're realizing, yeah, maybe you shouldn't have your phone out everywhere you go, I agree.
Speaker 4: Dinner table.
Speaker 3: Nothing ruder.
Speaker 2: Imagine meaning a single person on a date, and while you're trying to engage and meet someone new, every time seconds, they're looking at their phone.
Speaker 3: Bar yeah, no bueno.
Speaker 2: Imagine you're trying to actually connect with your family and your teenage kids don't put down their iPad or smartphone the whole time.
Speaker 4: Like, come on, if you.
Speaker 2: See the footage and the highlights from the Masters this weekend, of course you see McElroy in tears. He well, tears of joy he just won four point something million dollars right in his first green jacket. But you also see everyone in the crowd. There was one guy with a nail in his head. No, that was happy Gilmore. That was happy Gilmore. There was one guy who's like you jackass, No, Billyberry.
Speaker 4: Goes, that's mister macle jacket.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, can I ask you, because I don't know how it's worked at the Masters, but a lot of sporting events you have to show the ticket on your phone to get in. And then also at sporting events, a lot of people pay with their phone. I know that's one other hurdle there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know they figured it out though.
Speaker 2: So you see everyone there at the Masters, none of the fans have their phone out. There was no phones at this event, which means people actually did and enjoyed the moment together. How nice is that? How great is that mention? You are so addicted to your phone you smuggled it up like like you just say like you would you need it at that bad You're like, I don't have my phone. Come on with that addicted I'm for sure people will do that. The fact you're thinking about that is I'll have to make Now let's go to you guys.
Speaker 4: What vibrating sound?
Speaker 2: Oh? Ryan and Cincy? You're on with Kevino and Rich and for DP.
Speaker 4: What's up? Man?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Man, Cozy calling you on a flip phone. And I am telling you it is one of the most underrated things ever. I am engaged all the time and everything that I'm doing while everyone walks around like zombies doing anything to die.
Speaker 3: Bab You know you made me think of you ever get to a party late.
Speaker 2: You show up to a party late and everybody's drunk and acting the fool and you're the only guy who's sober because everyone's been there partying the whole time. But you feel like I gotta imadgine on everybody because I'm sharp and everyone's acting like an idiot. That's how he must feel, walking around looking at everybody like zombies, Like I got one on everybody because I'm in the moment, I'm in the zone, I'm sharp, and everyone else here is brain dead on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Here's the I'll give you the rub, because there's gonna be two sides to all this, right, here's the rub. If you're like our pal Ryan too much and you're a flip phone, I don't even have a sport phone. I think that is a decent idea. It's not the worst idea. You're just judging it because it looks like what are you from the early nineteen hundreds? Break out your boot cut jeans, buddy, my Space pitch too. No, But when you have like I just got a flip phone, I don't engage in that stuff. You very quickly become out of the loop. Guy. And I'll tell you how I know this. There are days where, believe it or not, I'm I'm busy doing stuff where I don't have my phone on me, meaning I'm coaching my kids, and sometimes like hours will go by and you'll miss something, and then later that day I'll be like, Yo, what's up?
Speaker 3: Cominos, like how did you know this?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you're we're so into the have you seen Wait, you haven't seen that meme? You haven't seen this, you don't know that story, You don't you haven't seen that highlight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to be the guy who doesn't know. I get it.
Speaker 2: It's it's a balance Jason and Oregon. What's up, Bud? But honestly, that's also the world you and I live in. We need to know. Yeah, you're like Mark Anthony in the two thousands. I'm definitely like Mark Anthony.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 2: We need like not everybody needs to know that Katie Perry's in out of space right now.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So you didn't know that this morning, Well didn't have your phone or something though, because guess what I was in the moment at a ball game this weekend. What's up Jason in Oregon?
Speaker 4: You're on with scene her.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's up guys? Thanks Frillin and I appreciate it. Okay, So my wife and I founded a nationally ranked youth football program. And uh, most of the parents spend the most time we're looking at their phones and the clips that they get as opposed to watching their kids and cheering them on and supporting them. So that's why are work against it, Honestly, bro, can I tell you something.
Speaker 2: We're setting the guidelines, guys, let me tell you something really sad. I saw, and I mean not not sad like tragic, said like, just like, oh, really, there's a little girl on my softball team. I coach my daughter's eight you softball and I coached my son's the one you play on. I was like, dude, your team can't be that competitive. Then yeah, I play an eight you girl softball. I'm like Kramer when he did karate. So there's this cute little girl on my team that you coach who's a beginner, like she's the new beat of the team, and she got her first hit, like first time she made contact off of coach pitch or kid pitch.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like, yeah, you go.
Speaker 2: I look in the stands, no, s her mom's on her phone and missed it, And I'm like, your daughter's up in kids sports? How often give you no thing about you that's miserable. You watch your nephew James. You go to his game every Saturday, right, what does he get up every two three innings? By the way, you can't put that in your phone for the day, captainer. Most of these little leagues capture.
Speaker 3: Or stream it anyway. But I'm saying, how often is your kid up?
Speaker 2: If you're watching your kid play baseball or softball every hour, you've been getting that bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so sad.
Speaker 2: Oh so yeah, just we're just too addicted Shawn and Sacramento Yo show, we should have how much Sean?
Speaker 4: When we were in Sacktown yesterday, what's u buddy?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 9: My favorite co host in the morning time when y'all not doing your own show. Man, I was just telling Danny g it was like the worst thing happened this weekend.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: I was looking forward to y'all coming down, but unfortunately my uncle passed away. Yes, I'm sorry, one of your biggest fans to Resident Peace, Uncle Pipito. But this is the perfect example.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: At the viewing one of my aunties, not his wife, but one of my aunties. During the eulogy, we're all blubbering, you know, saying our goodbyes, whips out her cell phone and records everybody crying, get a little get a little blesster, but everybody crying. Everybody's saying by to our uncle, and.
Speaker 8: Then post it and tags all of us like it was the greatest way.
Speaker 4: Sean.
Speaker 2: That's I'm by the way, Sean, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Yeah, rest his uncle, pepeteo and yeah, Sean. You know it's even more more said. When you see some of these services, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's you know, I get it, people grieve in different ways.
Speaker 2: I think it's sort of disgusting when I see people post videos.
Speaker 3: Of like at a coffin.
Speaker 4: That's tacky.
Speaker 2: And I also think it's tacky when it's like Grandma's real sick and like the old disheveled version of her in the hospital bed, where it's like, hey, like do you think she wants ninety five year old version of her in the hospital bed?
Speaker 4: Those are supposed to be private moments, like when people post selfies.
Speaker 3: I get it. Everyone has a different way of grieving and accepting.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, guess what I'm gonna tell the message now on national airwave. So when I'm all, hey, kids. I'm talking to my son and daughter, Ben and Emmy. If I live in nice, long life to like ninety something, don't you post anything when I'm sitting in a hospital bed one ninety five, I think, yeah, b and be after you soiled yourself, you can't try soiled myself. Yeah, dad, here's my dad Rich he's ninety six. He soiled himself. He used to be on the radio. Remember him. Yeah, now he pooped his pants. Look at him in the hospital. Bet he's almost dying. He's ninety something.
Speaker 4: How the host of poop two K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest in peace, Uncle Pepito, and thank you guys again for hearing us out start at the dinner table, but bringing it to the ballgame. Why not enjoy the game.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio wap as.
Speaker 2: Bruce Springs Tween tweeted about two weeks ago, I think just a moment to mark the passing of Freehold native and ballplayer Joe Depew. He was a good friend when I needed one, and he could throw that speedball by you make you look like a fool Glory Days, my friend, the actual, the actual guy, and Bruce in the news this weekend when Hatchiemurra sort of lost it, like, oh my god, it's the boss Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 4: Is that the game? That look on his face was priceless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're Cavino and Rich and for Dan Patrick live from Mercedes Benz Studios. Rapid Radios is the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show off national LTE coverage, no subscriptions ever.
Speaker 3: A great alternative for your kids or parents. We use them on the show.
Speaker 2: Go to rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Is that sort of like when Joe Montana in the Super Bowl is like, look there's John Candy.
Speaker 4: Yeah they played big, big, Yeah they weren't like, oh no.
Speaker 2: Well, right now it is time for our favorite game. As we fill in for DP Last one Standing.
Speaker 6: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia lot man, I put your electronic devices and pick your sports knowledge.
Speaker 2: Its last one standing, Last one standing.
Speaker 5: All right, I have four categories ready to go if you needed a tiebreaker. Each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or you answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam will take you out with his big bad buzzer.
Speaker 2: You don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you're the top dog. Here are the contestants. Six time winner Steve Covino right over there. Yeah, I'm pretty sure seven, but yeah to his right.
Speaker 4: Ten time winner Rich Davis. Yeah, let's go. Here we go now.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven time winner Dan Bayer is on the air this afternoon, so no ragning champ in this morning's game. Big Mic is going to fill in for Dan Byer.
Speaker 2: Hello, gentlemen, Big mikeel zero time winner, Big mil zero time miner.
Speaker 3: Way, that's going to continue because I am terrible at trivia. Well, it'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Winner in life for guys. Hey, you're the number one losing.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go to the studio life to see who's playing for a seeing our stainless steel. Okay, Big Mike, who runs? Who may not run this place? I'll let you choose. Would you love to travel to beautiful San Diego, California, Carson City, Nevada, Panama City, Florida, Rancho Cuca Manga, California, or Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's go to Rancho Cucamonga. I'd like to see some quake base.
Speaker 4: As he said it.
Speaker 5: Next Friday, you play for the Rancho Cucama Cracker Killers.
Speaker 4: Mark, what's up, guy? Hey? Mark? What do you do there in so cal for a living?
Speaker 8: Awesome? Let's do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you do for a living? Mark?
Speaker 7: A work? Work for a bank.
Speaker 1: I'm a baker, Okay, nice?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Nice? All right?
Speaker 9: So I'm also a little league coach.
Speaker 7: Dellas enjoying the conversation about coaching your own kids.
Speaker 9: So got some similar thoughts there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Check out our inner of you with coach Baseball. It's on the Fox Sports Radio. You coach ball game. Coach Baseball not the same Lord Baseball, Lord Baseball. No, I love coach ball game. So you check that out.
Speaker 3: And coaching is rewarding and frustrating.
Speaker 4: Let's wait again.
Speaker 5: All right, Mark, I'm glad you joined us for the game. Spot is the fact checker. By the way, he has a lot of anxiety when I say your name. The clock is going to begin. First category is called bush whacked.
Speaker 4: You have five.
Speaker 5: Seconds to name one of the nine MLB teams who already has nine or more losses this season. All right, h Covino, you're gonna go first as soon as the timer goes.
Speaker 2: Now having advanced start, let's go with the Rockies.
Speaker 10: Rockies YEP three and twelve, rich Landa Braves Braves four.
Speaker 4: To eleven, Mike Orioles Orioles six and nine. Nice's start there, Mark on the board. Mark and Soca Marlins are not in the less.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Mark Coveno, Pirates, Pirates YEP five and.
Speaker 4: Eleven, Nice, Rich.
Speaker 11: The Aces six tens. Why it's called bushway, Mike, Royals, Royals none the less. Back to Covino.
Speaker 4: The Twins Twins five and eleven, Rich three two, the Rays, Rays wins that round.
Speaker 10: You missed the Nationals, the Red Sox and the White Sox.
Speaker 2: All right, so Covino the first to get on the board. We moved to the second category. It's called get a grip. You have five seconds to name an NFL team who led the league in fumbles last season. We'll take the top seventeen teams. There are five ties, by the way, all right, once again, five seconds to name an NFL team who led the league in fumbles last season and Mark in so Cal. You're gonna go first as soon as the timer starts now Raiders.
Speaker 4: Raiders are not sorry, I big Mike, Oh, I am bad. Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 10: The Panthers are not on the list.
Speaker 4: Rich forty nine ers twenty six.
Speaker 5: Oh, we were taking the top seventeen No.
Speaker 4: Twenty, number five at number five.
Speaker 3: I think Saddle's on this list.
Speaker 4: Seattle Seahawks, Yep, they're number twelve to twenty one. Ye nice, Back to Rich.
Speaker 3: Patriots.
Speaker 10: Patriots are number one with thirty good call.
Speaker 4: Are the Browns on the list. The Browns are on the list. They're number fourteen to twenty battle here back to Rich. The Giants. The Giants are on the list, the number eight with twenty two.
Speaker 3: I'm going with the other superstar team in New York, the Jets.
Speaker 4: The Jets at number sixteen with twenty. Dam Rich, I'm gonna go with three two. The Atlanta Falcons. Falcons are on the list with twenty one. Cono Titans. Titans are on the list a number three twenty Back to Rich, I'm gonna go three two go the Bengals. Fangos are the list twenty four. Yeah, this is a good one.
Speaker 2: I had them. Next quite a bit left. Let's go Steelers. Steelers are there with twenty two.
Speaker 4: Back to rich.
Speaker 3: Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 10: The Cardinals are there with twenty one. Next time I'm going Dolphins. Dolphins are on the list with twenty eight. Number four, go a deep five left, five left, rich Chicago Bears. The Bears are.
Speaker 1: Not the less.
Speaker 5: That means Coveno is the last one standing it.
Speaker 4: Who do you think you are?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 4: I told you I had seven?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 5: You could probably tell Covino's only one. He's only one ten times prior. That's his eleventh victory in this game. Because Dan Bayer's not here, Well.
Speaker 4: This game's no joke.
Speaker 3: And when Dan Buyer's not here, you've got a cap it.
Speaker 4: By the way, you guys are making me feel really strong about myself.
Speaker 2: I should appreciate that they never win. When Big Mike's here, you gotta stomp on them. It's like playing the Panthers Mark and Rancho Koukama.
Speaker 5: But we appreciate you playing the game. And Covino, the big question is even though he didn't win. Do you want to mail out a swiggy to him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely yes, Look.
Speaker 10: Because he's on a natural high from but he has to send something back that they hand out at the bank, like like a pen, like a pen, a hundred dollars bill, like a stapler or something. Thank you, but of course, of course thank you for playing man. You get a swiggy just for being cool. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Thank you Mark for listening to CNR filling in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 4: Man, that was fun.
Speaker 3: Man, that's the that's a heated battle.
Speaker 2: That game's tough because like as Rich and I were going back and forth, he was and I was taking his answers, he's taking my answers. So you really have to think on the spot, which makes it difficult. And yeah, it's really tough to beat Dan Byron. I want to thank Big Mic for running this place and for playing the game.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Big Mike.
Speaker 4: Big Mike, don't leave yet, because I have one more question for you.
Speaker 2: I think, first of all, because I think Cavino's Cavino's Pete Webber might be one of his top five impressions.
Speaker 4: That's solid.
Speaker 2: I did it, that one very good, And I bring this up because thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But right before he says the famous quote Bawler Pete Weber. In that moment, he has like a flipout moment where he's like, I did it. He blocks out, Yeah, he flips out because he calls out a kid that was taunting him in the fans, a child, child,