Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Hey, we're back. We're black, We're brown and shune.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm through.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, Manda, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fabulous. I am so proud of you. Can I just say that I stand for you and y'all know I gush about Tiffany, but I'm so proud of you. The launch of Molly Moore. I don't really follow Kickstarter, but I think it's pretty freaking amazing the early success of this project. So where are you at, how much of you raised? And what has been the reaction, because it feels like on my end, people are going nuts, as they should.
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, we had a really I have to say we had a really great first day. I mean it's well, it's been a week about and it's been awesome throughout. So the first day I think we were like ten or twenty percent funded. But what was really special is that Kickstarter chose us as what they call projects we Love, and so I like looked like I was like, what this had the emails? I was like, oh my gosh, my gosh, it's like the Kickstarter like Emmy's, you know, or Oscars or whatever. But what was really special is that with Projects we Love you don't know if you're going to be on the front page of Kickstarter, but we were. So it feels so so crazy to scroll through Kickstarter, which really literally has thousands and tens of thousands of projects that are live now, and to see only two brown faces and one was mine and one was Molly's. I was like, oh my gosh, so that was Honestly, it.
Speaker 2: Looks so good. So did you have like a kicks like cause you're you know, I've looked at Kickstarter before and you know how some of them are kind of janky looking. Yours is so clean and professional, and it's clear that this is a serious book by a serious author who means like who knows her business, Like, you're going to donate to this campaign and we're actually going to come through with what we say, So, like, talk about how you put it together? Did you have the Kickstart Kickstarter cons consolet wait, what am I trying to say? I can't use words anymore?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: What's that person that gets paid a lot to tell you about your ohing wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, a consultant? No, I have to say. So what we did was I became a Kickstarter experts honestly. So what I did was I got this book literally called I think it was called like the Kickstarter Bible something or other, because what I did was I was listening to different podcasts about Kickstarter, and I was watching YouTube videos and there was one guy in particular that I thought like he really knew a lot. I can't remember his name. I'm sure his book is around here somewhere, because I bought his book and I found that he had a book on Amazon. So I was like, oh my gosh, the Kickstarter Bible or whatever whatever it's called. It's like this green, white and black book. So I bought it and it was so helpful and I honestly just read it and went step by step and I gathered folks from my team. So, you know, the budget needs to have a fairly big team, and what I did was I was like, okay, I need a Molly Moore team, and we got a project manager, like who's already on the budget needs to team. But we pulled someone to help us project manage, and we split up about three or four months, and we said, pre kickstarter, during kickstarter, post Kickstarter, what does that look like? And we started to map that out and like because one of the things I've learned with Kickstarter is really the true work is beforehand, and the more work you put in beforehand, that's what you see afterwards. So I mean we, like all visuals you see, for the most part, eighty or ninety percent of them were already done before Kickstarter. Like that video, Oh my gosh, the video it took forever because our videographer his computer was slow, but so I had to tape it and tape it again, and like Molly thankfully was already drawn. Obviously the book was done, but like it was, I'm not even gonna lie, this is probably the most stress that I've been. I'm not stressed now, but leading up to the Kickstarter it was the most stress that I've been since, Like I started the first literature challenge, I mean this party to deal.
Speaker 2: What was your goal?
Speaker 1: How much thirty five thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: And how long did the process take from start to finish, like getting the page and putting it together?
Speaker 1: So the kickstarted itself, like the actual page not long, but we started planning eight weeks. So you figure like what like a month and a little bit of change, you know, like, yeah, about a month no, no, eight weeks. Yeah, you can tell it's been a lot. Anything.
Speaker 2: My life is by week.
Speaker 1: Now he's fifty four weeks.
Speaker 2: You're like a list those people come on why.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So literally it was like it was crazy because we were just when once the kickstarted launch, we were like, yo, we just launched a new company in eight weeks. So the team, what we did was that we met every Monday and Friday. We still do. We meet Mondays and Fridays, and then we kind of look on Mondays we assigned the task, and on Fridays we just kind of like regroup and make sure they're done. And so they have been amazing because it's not just visually the Kickstarter that's the easy part. Before the kickstart to launches, you have to figure out, well, what are your what are your rewards going to be, how are you going to fulfill those rewards? How much is each reward going to cost you? Like, so for example, we have when you like you go to mollymore dot com and you say, oh, I want to get a book, Well, every book that you get, I've had it in there where I am going to also give away a book. So now I have to calculate how much does it cost to print the book that you're buying, how much does it cost to ship you the book that you're buying, how much it cost to print the book that you're not buying, but the book that you're getting for another kid by proxy of you getting that book. So every penny, I literally have this Kickstarter spreadsheet where for each reward tier, I know to the penny how much it's going to cost to fulfill this reward. Like I had to calculate everything from credit card costs. That Kickstarter charge is twenty cents for every time anyone makes an order, like anyone choose a reward, and then there's a two percent Kickstarter fee. So if you don't calculate those things right, you might say, oh, this reward I'm gonna if you give me thirty dollars, you get these five things. But if you haven't done the math, you might not realize that those five things are actually going to cost you forty dollars to fulfill. So I did like the level of math. The math loan took me a month to figure out fully, so I know exactly that for every tier when you make an order, I know when someone orders the Molly More book and like some other Chatski's or whatever, like for thirty dollars that I make like fifteen of those thirty and that fifteen is what I use then to like, all that extra money is going to be used to hire teachers, to write more curriculum and lesson plans and things. So but it's been a labor of love. But when I tell you the like, it was to the point where I was literally just standing in the kitchen looking off to the like out the window, and my husband was like, are you okay? I'm like, who are you? Like, especially the week before it was I mean, it's not the kind of stress I wish on anybody. It was, you know, quite honestly, it was not healthy. And I was like, okay, Tiffany, you know you hit it well. I know you don't have to hide that kind of stuff, you know what. I didn't even realize that I was that stressed until, like, yeah, until I was looking at myself in the mirror. I'm like, yo, you look like hell bags in your eyes. Honestly, what it really hit me when this might be TMI, but it really hit me when I missed my period and I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: That's when I was like yeah, because I was like I was getting all the symptoms, you know, like my face was breaking out, and I was like, oh, periods coming, periods coming. Then I look at my Ovia app and I'm like, hmmm, according to this, I'm on day four. I'm not. And so it was like, and I know I'm not prayierant because I have an IIU D inside because y'all know that I had like a scar removal surgery maybe like a month or two ago. So they put like an IUD without the medicine in it. But to like prop open my uterus, since I tend to my uterus tends to basically congeal together.
Speaker 2: You can't bother with the disclaimer of TMI anymore.
Speaker 1: I know y'all know about all my uteris.
Speaker 2: Of people literally know what's inside your uterus.
Speaker 1: I know. So as a result, I know that's how I know. I'm not praying. I'm just sharing all that to know that. That's why, because I know that the IUD is in there. So when I didn't get my period, I was like, where was like, That's why I looked at my app because I'm like I'm getting fake, I'm getting all the symptoms. And I was like, wow, I totally skipped it and that has never, ever in my forty years, ever happened before. And I called, like my doctor. She was like, are you under stress? I'm like extreme. She's like, yeah, too extreme. And then that's when I was like, okay, I need to Like, I'm I'm proud of what we did, Molly Moore, but I pushed myself too hard, not to compare myself to Beyonce, but after Homecoming, Beyonce said she would never push herself that hard again, and I was like, I feel you, girl. I mean, this is not homecoming, but that's what it felt like for me. So I'm I know, I am proud of the team and I'm proud of myself, but it was too much, quite honestly, Like there are boundaries where it's like at what cars so like yeah, so, but if you haven't already gotten your book, you can push us over the edge so I could sleep at night. You go to mollymore dot com, grab you a copy, and every time every copy that you get, we even have book orders, Like for every copy you get, I give away a copy to a kid that might not otherwise have access to books. So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you need a mom to come visit you and just slyly order something from online and it shows about your door and it's a big ass container of calling gummies and anti stress vitamins. I'm like, mom, what are you trying to say?
Speaker 1: You know what edge I would say that like like, honestly, Superman has been like awesome. Once he kind of realized, like he was like, you know, like doing extra cleanup and like, babe, I got the launchry, why don't you go lay down? I was like, do I look at him? He's like, yes, you might want to take a shower too, Like, oh, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you the same crap people tell me about having a baby. It all gets better. You won't even remember. You're gonna want to have fifty more books in a year.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if I love to do another Kickstarter. I'll tell you that much. I definitely do want to have more books, but well, explain.
Speaker 2: The yeah, so explain the reasoning of because you're you know, the mission with the Kickstarter isn't to like raise money that you need, like you said, you're using it for the to hire financial educators, but it's also like marketing right for your book. Yeah, I have to talk about that decision for anyone who might be thinking about, you know, for their business or whatever, a new launch something on Kickstarter.
Speaker 1: So the good thing about Kickstarter is so the original use that people I guess why Kickstarter was created is like people are like, how do I get funding for this idea? I need money to create the idea. So you put the idea out there and people basically fund your idea. Then you create the thing, so maybe it's like a doll or you know, an app or whatever it is, and then then once you get the funding, you make the thing, you give it to the people who ordered it. But for me, I was really using Kickstarter a little bit more strategically because I thought, Okay, how do I get the word out there about Molly Moore and honestly kind of like get pre orders, you know, because I didn't need the money for the book itself, Like typically people need the money for the thing they're creating. I didn't, so I was like, well, how do I you know, how do I get the word out there? Because with kickstarted this it's its own movement, and so people quite honestly are not like, let me share Tiffany's book, But if you share, you'd be more willing to share more of a movement. So it's like, okay, so what good thing can we do with the movement? And I'm like, you know what, what if we gave books away? That was always in my intention anyway, but I'm like, what if I made that something that people can participate in? And as I was creating the financial literacy stuff for mollymore dot com, I honestly ran out of ideas and I was like, well, I know so many dope financial folks. You know, Like what if I use also money from the kickstarter to hire some people to make even more curriculum that I can give away for free. So it was like this great like marketing tool to get mollymore out there. And it's not me saying, you know, hey, buy my thing to me. That is the smartest thing you can do in marketing is not to actually say hey, by my thing, because quite honestly, people don't care about your thing. They care about what's something internal inside them. So instead what I'm saying is, hey, help kids and people don't say no to help help like kids. And there have been different stages and I'm learning. Like in the beginning, it was before kickstarted launch, I created a separate mollymore list where I was like, go to the website if you're wanting to pre order this book, giving your name, email and number. So I knew I had like this list of people that were distinctly interested specifically and Molly Moore. And so the night before and launched, I let them know that I have some like discounted tears on the Kickstarter. So those people came in and droves. Then a really popular podcast they maybe their black Business of the Week, so that dropped. I made sure to make that drop on the day that Kickstarter was dropping.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, if to the friend Zone, yes.
Speaker 1: They're awesome. And so that was like the first major push.
Speaker 2: It was like, was that just an unexpected shout out or did you reach out to them like, hey, I'm doing this.
Speaker 1: It was random, so randomly, like so not randomly. But two years ago I was on the friend Zone. A fran from the friend Zone ended up reaching out to me and said, hey, we'd love for you to come back. You know, it had been like two maybe even three years, and I was like, sure, I'll come back. So I was scheduled to come back anyway. And then randomly I was texting her and it was like, hey, you know, friend, like what day did you want me to come back again? She said, oh, you call me just in time. I'm about to head into the studio and making my black Business of the week. I was like, wait, can you do it next week? Because I told her about the Kickstarter and she was like okay, so thankfully because that would have been not a wasted shout out. But it's like where to send them, you know, yeah? Yeah, And so then I was like, you know, I'm going to sell you exactly. So it was honestly, it was perfect time. I didn't. These are things that kind of happened accidentally, but I would if I was going to do a Kickstarter again, I would purposefully line it up for like whatever the biggest media I can think of to drop the same day as my Kickstarter and then lead people there. So the first round of people were like emails and friend zone people and social media, and then when that died down, I was like, okay, what's kind of like the next round then it was well I would say emails and that the podcast, and then the next round was social media, social media, social media, So we did that, and then this weekend I was kind of like, Okay, the numbers are slowing down. And that friend of mine was like, girl, you met a doll for dollars And I'm like, what does that mean? She's like, you know how like and you know, like you see like those telethons that people are there literally cold calling people, and she was like, everyone hits you up in your inbox and ask you for financial advice, right, yes, she said, we'll hit them back. So I created this like little like kind of script like hey, but I would I would. I would personalize it so I wouldn't send it to anyone I didn't know. But I'm like, hey, Mandy Hope all as well, did you know I have a book, And I would outline it a little bit and then send you to mollymore dot com. And I did that all this weekend, literally just copy and pasting on my phone, copy paste, copy paste, and up until now that has raised it generated about three thousand dollars. So that was awesome.
Speaker 2: If you're like a political candidate, like I'm just like Elizabeth Warren, I love you, but can you stop? I stopped sending me emails. I know you're in trouble, girl, I know Nevada is coming up in you're stressed, but can you not send me five emails an hour? Sorry?
Speaker 1: And so no, it's marketing, yes, because I wanted to slow down on the emails. I was like, well, if I if I I Facebook message like probably one hundred people yesterday and then I instagrammed another twenty to thirty people yesterday, and so I'm going to keep that up because what I found was so I just assumed that all my friends knew, and so many of them. You know how Facebook is like crazy with them. They don't let you see like the alg rhythm doesn't let everyone see what you're doing. So I would say, honestly, eighty percent of them were like, you have a book, And I was like, wow, So it really behooves you that if you have something, don't assume that the people that are in your life know. So I Facebook message all these people, I tweeted I am not really tweeted, but instagram all these people in their inbox. Send them the cover of mollymore like a picture and it just started flowing in. And so today what I'm gonna do, actually, the thing I'm gonna do now today is actually I'm going to start texting, like so there's probably maybe like twenty or thirty people that I'm going to text in my phone that same kind of message. Hey Mandy, it's me and Tiffany. Did you know I have a book and this is what I'm doing with then, and would love for you to go pre order at mollymore dot com. And so I'm excited about that. And then the next phase for this week also too, which we're gonna send out a press release so hopefully generate some press. So you have to think about your campaign in waves like you know, I wouldn't do all at the same time. It's like, you know, the email wave, the social media wave, the text message wave, the social like DM's wave, you know, the press wave. And I'm gonna I'm doing a podcasts and things like interviews. So now that's like coming up in a week or so, like the podcast interview waves. And so I'm hoping all of those waves cumulatively add up to the thirty five thousand dollars and then I can rest easy at least for a little bit, so honestly, but it's been really interesting because I love marketing to see like what's worked and what has not worked. And it's crazy because I can't wait.
Speaker 2: For my copy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait for my copy. People like, don't you have what? I'm like, No, it takes two to three months to print.
Speaker 2: You're trying to do it the old fashion way. Man, I know, it's just it's gonna be so sad. I'm so Oh. You're just so inspirational. I can't wait. You're the kind of friend who I love to have because all you because I'm so excited for you, and I'm just like, yes, yes, I need to create something. I need to be back out there. I'm going to work tomorrow. By the way, are you back at Watch Out World?
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: The whole brain is coming a new brain. I'm feeling good. My mom is here, I'm working from home for the week. I talked to my boss last week, got him on board with my plan. Anyone looking for a strategy for that, you just leave it to the last thirty minutes of the conversation and just roll it out to them what you want to do. But yeah, so I'm working from home for a week and then I'm going to do three days in the office in two days telecommuting. Do people still say that telecommute?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, w eight f age Okay, And my mom is going to be here for five weeks, which is great a blessing because Bebe has decided this week to refuse the bottle and it is highly stressful because mommy's boobs are going to be an hour and a half away in Manhattan and boy needs to learn how to take that bottle. Yes, so he and grandma are going to battle it out this week. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck. I'm but I'm very excited to go back. Yeah, I'm feeling good, feeling good good.
Speaker 1: I know, it's it's crazy, like, you know, I feel like you've been home for so long, but then home not that long.
Speaker 2: You know, you know that podcast the longest shortest time. Yes, I continue to think. I get it. I get it. It is like the longest shortest twelve weeks of my life. But you know, thanks for being on this journey with me. Well, and I'll keep you guys post on how I'm doing. But I'm feeling good. I'm glad to have my mom here. She just brings a sense of calm. It's nice to have your mama here. You just like, nothing can go wrong. Mom's here. Oh, it's it's nice. I love her. I love her for leaving her husband in Saint Louis and the dog and coming. And you know, I'll do this for my future kid if he wants me to one day, because it is such a it's a gift. It really does take a village, and I don't really have one, so for her to drop everything in come it just you know, it means a lot.
Speaker 1: So, oh, how is she like? You know, is it the battle of the g Mas?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I mean they don't speak the same language, so that kind of helps. No. They give each other their space. You know my mom My mom hung out and then she went upstairs to take a nap. And you know, you you you give them space since they're they're very good, they're very sweet people. Nothing dramatic like that. Yeah, all right, should we take some questions?
Speaker 1: So yes, my favorite if you have a question, ask I forgot the song. It's been a long week.
Speaker 2: Ask a question, you guys, hit us up. You can find us on Instagram at Brandon Mission Podcast or hit us up on Gmail at Brandimission Podcast at gmail dot com with your questions, any kind of question. Let me let me shake up this reader mail bag really quick. I have a good question from.
Speaker 1: Digit the Digital the digital reader mailbag.
Speaker 2: The Digital You hear a shaken one second? Oh okay. First question comes from listener let's call her Frenchie. She says, isn't a good idea to borrow from your four O one K in order to buy a home. I believe you guys have talked about this before, but I'd like more information. Thank you for giving me all the knowledge you've gained. You've helped me get my grown up life together. Oh thank you FRENCHI yes, four to one k alone for a house.
Speaker 1: It's not my fave, not your fath why only because there you run the risk of one not paying that back. And as someone who drained their former and k to try to save their house, I don't necessarily regret it, but I'm still behind the retirement eight ball as a result. So it just makes me nervous because I really believe it is your younger self job to look after your older self. And it's not the worst decision in the world, you know, but it also puts your potential retirement in jeopardy. So it's just not my fath especially because you're young. Now you're supposed to use like you you know, your good neees and you're good back to put the work in so much. You know, how much have you put the work in? Now? Save get an extra job, you know whatever on the side, and save the down payment that you need, and then you leave your retirement a loan for when you don't have the good neees in the good back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll just add to that really quickly. When you take out a four to one K loan, you know, your employer basically gives you the privilege, I guess or the gives you the option to borrow from your four to one K. And when you borrow from your four to one k, you know you, yes, you're going to pay yourself back. And I have taken a small four to one K loan out before and I paid it off within a year and it was it was nice because you know, I paid myself back and their low low interests and any interest you pay goes back to yourself. So that made sense for me. But what I'll say is you need to really feel secure in where you work, because if you were to get laid off or leave your job, your employer would be asking for that money back immediately. And I think you have don't quote me on this, but I think like thirty to sixty days sometimes to pay that money back. So let's say you take out twenty grand for a down payment. If you're in the middle of paying it back, you've got ten k left. You've got to be able to come up with that or I believe the risk is that it'll count as a withdrawal and then you get hit with all those four one K withdrawal penalties like taxes and things like that. So you have to really, you know, feel secure and where you're working and accept the risk that when you take money out of an investment account and put it into a home, a home, yes, potentially can increase in value, but you have to look at home values in the area where you're buying it. It could be unlikely that you'll earn as much return on an investment from your home as you would if you just left that money where it was sitting in the market. For some people that may be worth the risk for some others maybe not. So weigh all your options so you know, I see the pros, but also there's some cons to consider too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, it's not the worst thing, but like you know, there's I don't know. I just like I said, I'm actually not mad that I took out that money, but I'm like, you know, Angeline, my financial planner is like, girl, like you need to be I have to. I actually have to be more aggressive and saving for retirement now because of that choice that I made that long ago. And I'm like, I don't have the knees in the back I used to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we're not worried about you retire.
Speaker 1: I'm mommy.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your question. Listen to you one more quick quick. Here's one about switching banks from a listener who wants to be anonymous. She says, I found your podcast last year. Is still catching up. I learned so much. I'm trying to move from my brick and Border bank Bank of America because of all the hidden fees, and I'm thinking of moving to a Discover checking and savings account. The problem is I only have one credit card and it's that Bank of America card. Do you think it's wise to keep it as is? Because it's my longest standing credit card, so my credit score won't be affected. Right now, I'm in the high seven hundreds.
Speaker 1: What do we do? We give her a name anonymous. I'm gonna call her Twain. That's my first card too. Bank of America samesies.
Speaker 2: For the girl. They got me when I was interning in New York outside of the John P. Juice. I want to say, sign me right up, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think they got me. In college. I was literally like, I'll trade my life for Snickers barb Alex.
Speaker 2: Thanks, give me that free T shirt, thank you.
Speaker 1: And so honestly triple it. I still have my Bank of that same card. I still have and I was with Bank of America and I'm no longer because fees. But you don't have to stay with the like just because you have a credit card with that bank doesn't mean you have to have a bank account with that bank. I don't. So yeah, you could keep that card. And I honestly suggested, like I keep my Bank of America card. It has my interest rate of all my cards is probably the highest. I think it's like nine or ten percent, but I don't want to use it. Quite honestly, I put like I think, I put my Netflix on it and pay it off every month just so I can keep it open.
Speaker 2: Wait, nine or ten percent is a low interest rate? Is it compared to what credit cards have today today?
Speaker 1: You know what? But I have You know what it is? I have a Wells Fargo's card that I locked in a rate in like five point two five percent.
Speaker 2: That's I think about it in nineteen eighty three. No, that's good, but I lacked it.
Speaker 1: When I got it. It was like some special like promo. Honestly, well, I honestly pay up all my cards in full every month, so I don't really look at my interest rates, of course, but of course, but I'm not a lie. During when I was renovating, it was got a little sticky. There were definitely so much where I wasn't able to pay off my own credit card. But yeah, so y'all say all that to say, you can certainly leave Bank of America as far as your checking account goes, and keep your credit card. Those two things are. You don't have to have both at the same bank.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and your intuition is right. It is better to keep that old credit card open, especially if there's no annual fee, there's no reason to close it. You know, maybe charge one thing on it so that it continues clocking that you're making payments. And I learned this the hard way. That old Bank of America card that I had from college. I had a low interest rate, like nine percent too, with the credit limit was like a thousand dollars. Anyway, I lost it, never used it, and they canceled that card on my behalf for not using it. So my credit score was fine because I had other cards, you know, and you know, more than just the age of your credit factors into your credit score, but it's it's definitely one of the factors. So you want to consider that. So yeah, that is your answer. And once again, of course, Tiffany and I are not financial advisors or investment advisors, So take our advice like you would advice from a friend, and don't.
Speaker 1: Come for us exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, speak true professional advice if you're you know, looking for something more tailored to your specific situation, because you can't, you know, tell us your entire life on Instagram, all right, Thank you guys so much for your question.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys always have really great questions. Booster, break, it's time to boost, it's time to break. It's not boost, it's not break now, Mandy, which one will you take? Boost? Oh? Break? You know I'm never gonna remember that song again.
Speaker 2: You know that, right, That's totally fine. This is a one time performance.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Uh, you know what. I don't want to I don't want to sound like I am just trying to send you, guys to our advertisers. But I have to boost Rothy's really quick. Rothy's is the shoe company that Tiffan. You've been wearing their shoes for how long?
Speaker 1: Yes? Like years? So and I love that I have.
Speaker 2: Had no occasion to put on a regular pair of shoes for quite some time. I've been wearing these slippers, it feels like for twelve weeks now. But I finally went to Target yesterday. You guys, my husband but together. It was the second time he and I have been out alone in twelve weeks. And I put on my Rothy's flats and they're so comfortable immediately, like you know when you get flats and they wake up your toes. I was a little nervous that I was going to like be hobbling around Target because I like to go up and down every single aisle. I haven't been there in a long time. Yeah, but they were so comfy and I love that you can wash them and they're made aren't they made from like recycled plastic or something like that? Welcome to the cow right, I got the pointy toad flat love it. And I guess, while I'm shouting out our advertisers, my third love, uh, nursing bra. I can't wait. Okay, not to be you know, of course whatever. I've been at home for twelve weeks, so you know, bras weren't always necessary. But my third love, nursing bra. I can't wait to whip that out and take it to the city next week when I go back to work. Cute nursing bra. Come on, I'm excited, as you can tell. I'm just excited to put pants on and go place this again.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing my third love right now. Honestly, it's one of the few bras I know. I could probably just say this for like our actual ad but like I don't. Typically it's hard for me to find like a bra that actually feels comfortable that's not like digging, but I can actually wear it. Sometimes I forget, I'm like, wait, am I wearing a bra?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: And so much so that I mean, you know, we got like a little you know, they give us one so we could try it out. Actually went back and bought two, like with my own money.
Speaker 2: I'm like Third Love like you were with Rothy's. I've been rocking them for about a couple of years now, and I love it because I was hitting that point where I'm like, is the notorious secret it? So I have to continue pretending like I need this super pad and bra. No. I love Third Love. It feels like BRA's for real people. And yes, you guys know we actually we turned down so many advertisers because we don't like them, or we don't know, we don't like agree with their business, or we just don't use them or they're not relevant to us. So we only really you know, say yes to people or businesses that we truly love the product. So yeah, shout out to Rothy's and Third Love. And always check our show notes because even if you missed the ad this week, I always put in the show Notes, where you can go to the website to get a discount usually for BA listeners that the advertisers offer us. So go to the show Notes. We have a promo there right now for Third Love and you can check out how you can get some rothy's of your own and the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, if I might make a suggestion, I would suggest the the camel loafers are every time. No, but honestly, so I got my I got my sister Tracy up here, the cameo loafers, and I'm like, honestly, it's snowing outside. Tracy, She's like, I love that wars the I that's Those are my personal favorites and hers as well. But they look so skyl and I'm not, if you know me, I'm kind of a tomboy. But so I like a really comfortable I love the fact that I can look like, oh, I'm on purpose stylish even though I'm really feeling like I'm wearing a sneaker. And so yeah, those are like the super like stylish ones.
Speaker 2: And what's to hold up? You know, That's what I'm because they're not They're not cheap, right, No, they're not. So how long are they lasting because I just started to wear mine in New York City notoriously tears up my shoes, So what tell me the truth?
Speaker 1: No, honestly, I think I've had my camel once for at least a year and some change. And they're like the most worn shoes that I have. And when I tell you, they look exactly like they did, which is actually surprising because I tear up. Like if you see my ugs, You're like, uh, exactly, But no, they actually look exactly the same from and I've watched them. So I've watched them at least three different times. And yeah, they I guess because they're the plastic I don't know, but they don't they don't beat up, and I'm I'm a shoe beater uper because I'm also one of these people that like slightly walks on the side of their shoes, you know. So yeah, so like, but they hold up really really well. Like yeah, I can honestly say why these are my favorite go to shoot. I wish quite honestly they had something for like the winter, something super cute, because I can't wait for the fall and spring so I can throw them back on again.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, shout out to Rothy's check those show notes guys for the promo codes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I am going to booze. So something pretty amazing happened. And even I like it was funny because I was talking to a Jirell today and he was like, you know, I don't get really impressed by things that happen for the Budgetesta anymore. I'm like, thanks, Rando, and nobody asked you, and which I'm like, that's fine because honestly, we don't only talk about at the house, but this is one thing that I'm not gonna lie. I screamed. So I was on Twitter the other day someone tweeted me. His name was Patrick. He was the technical or tech columnist for Time Time magazine, I guess, and he was like, I see you, Budgetista, and it was a picture of me in like this black box and I'm like okay, and I'm like that's a weird TV. So I'm like, well, where is this He's like, I'm in a cab. I almost fainted.
Speaker 2: Mandy, wait on the cab.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry not to scream. How So remember so this year I think her name is Meghan. That your friend who works for CNBC, Right, So Mandy's friend Meghan listens to Brian Abishing unlike my friends Megan girl, so she listens. And so she asked me, like, you know, hey, you know sometimes I do these short little videos and you know, for a CNBC they'll go on the website. You know, they'll go on to like a blog post or whatever. You know, we'd love for you to come on and like do so And I was like okay, and so I came. I did them, and she's like, I'm not gonna, you know, no promises. There is a small, minute, minute chance that there is a company that takes care of the edutainment that you kind of see in the back of like a cab. And she's like, sometimes they will pick up videos that we do, you know. But she's like, now that's you know, I guarantee they'll be on CNBC dot com, but that is not up to us. And I was like, oh my gosh. She was like, don't get excited. It rarely happens. And I said, okay, So I did them a lot of fun and truthfully, she said, the videos that get picked up are like the really short ones. And you know, if you know me, I'm not I'm not exactly someone that's concise. So I was like, well, obviously I'm not gonna ever get picked up because I can't get these tips under five thousand minutes. So I did the tips. They did well, you know, like they posted them on CNBC. They're still rolling out. But I didn't think about it. So when he sent me that picture, he was like, I'm in a cab yo. I literally screamed, and I'm like, are you kidding me? And then my agent, Headther, she's my book agent, was in a cab and she sent me the video. I'm like, are you kidding me? I feel like I want to go to New York just to get in a cab. Oh my gosh. So I can't even believe it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not in the lost for words.
Speaker 2: To take a cab ride somewhere.
Speaker 1: And I actually have to go to the city tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna just stop the cab and be like, can you just turn on the TV real quick? I love my phone in here, hmm.
Speaker 1: I know, so I don't like, I don't know how often it plays or whatever, but I'm not gonna lie. I think tomorrow. I think I am gonna I think I'll take the train to Penn Station and then I have to go do a podcast actually the friends on the actual podcast itself. So I think, I think I am going to take a cab just so I can be in there and be like, I hope, I.
Speaker 2: Come on, you're going to tell them you have the podcast too, and it's called Brown Ambitish last time.
Speaker 1: I am definitely gonna shout at.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the four giving them free press. Hey friend Zone, I subscribed. I forgot about that. I felt like, oh yeah, the friend Zone. Okay, I need to get some podcast. I'm so book I have like two big fat new books to read on the train. I'm probably gonna go sleep in the whole way to the train, Like, let's be honest, yeah, because my commute. I'm excited to be just trapped on a train with nothing else to do but read a book or listen to a podcast. I got the bell jar and I have I think, what is it called life as we know it? I don't know. I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I just I don't know, like I'm both exhausted and yet happy, and yet exhausted and yet happy. Rest I know, I'm just like you are, kid.
Speaker 2: I'm really proud of you, thanks man, But I'm more proud of you if you are healthy, happy and healthy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I always say that, like that is the point. You want to be healthy, happy and whole.
Speaker 2: I want to enjoy your success exactly.
Speaker 1: And I feel happy honestly, and I feel I guess whole. I don't even know who like what that means, but I'm not gonna lie. I have like this like raging cough that I suspect is like my body being like if you don't lay down, I'm gonna put you down. I'm like, okay, So yeah, it's like this drag cough. If anybody has any drack off solutions. Because I cannot see themidifier, I think so I was thinking. Now it's like I think I do need to get a human.
Speaker 2: Oh it is a girl in these New Jersey New York winters. Yes, I have one on my bed. I'll send you a link to a cute one. Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, Is it like the elephant one that it comes out a trunk?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, that sounds like it's firm a child, but you know what you do. No, this one's shaped like a little tear drop.
Speaker 1: Ooh I think, I think, Okay, yeah, so send it to me because I do need to humidifier, even though yeah, I do need humanifire because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like some essential oils in there. You look the oil magical, yeah, or as my mother and Laudra shove some vix the boat. Wait, what's it called Vic's baby?
Speaker 1: No, don't they call it? My friend used to she was Dominican, and her mom used to call it viva peru or something like what I need exactly. And I was like, what she said you need?
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, oh, trick me and make in fun.
Speaker 1: I can't now.
Speaker 2: I respect and love all diminishing.
Speaker 1: Upway less love Dominican. It sounds just like the way my Nigerian parents were said. Yeah, so you know, like it's very similar in the pronunciation. But yeah, honestly, it's been an awesome week. How has baby Rio been? Has he been?
Speaker 2: If he takes that bottle, he will be That's the new stress of the week. He needs a new baby every day. Last day, though, slept till five am. Okay, I'm afraid to say that out loud because it is a miracle, like he slept eight hours. Now, I did not sleep because of course I woke up at two am in a cold sweat, like, where's baby? Why have I not been woken up? And then it took me about two hours to calm down. But yeah, but yeah, he's he's amazing, and you know what I am giving. I am just letting him lead. I am done with blogs, I am done with E courses, and I asked for a refund for this baby sleep training E course that and I was like, you have one hundred percent cash back guaranteed. Great, I would like a refund because I'm just letting the baby tell me what he needs. And honestly, I have to remind myself of that all the time. It's not like a one and done fix. But I have had so much less stress and just letting him tell me how much he wants to eat and when he wants to sleep and how long he wants his nap to be and not stress about will it interfere with his night's sleep? And you know what, he gave me eight hours. I'm so proud of him, you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: He just let me work out, Like, yeah, Jero was telling me when they first brought this a home, like because they read somewhere that the baby's supposed to eat every two hours. Yeah, so they were. They were waking up every two hour.
Speaker 2: Way they tell you that in the hospital, and it's true until they gained your birth weight back. But no one told me until that. And I'm still like shoving the booby his mouth and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, ma, ma, doctor trip that he went too. They were so tired, and that's like, what's wrong with y'all? They were like, well, you know, we've been up for two hours. They were like, uh. The doctor was like, if the baby is asleep, let her sleep. If she's hungry, she will wake up and ask for food. Yeah, you don't have to, like literally forcibly wake her up to force feed her food. They were like, what you and you.
Speaker 2: Feel like an idiot, but then no one tells you. I feel it. I feel that, So I feel that anecdote and deep in my bones.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, baby Alyssa is now thirteen whole years old, so you know, somehow she survived and Rio will too.
Speaker 2: He will, and I'm just letting him take the lead and me going back to work is gonna be good for both of us. Mommy needs to think about something else. Yeah, I'm very excited. But he is a dream boat and I'm really enjoying. You know, I love him to bits. And this has been a while, twelve weeks. I will never ever forget it, no matter what anyone says, I will not forget it. But I'm really proud of myself and I'm proud of him.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you too, Mandra.
Speaker 2: Hugs not too tight.
Speaker 1: And not too long a hug, Get up and get up and get off. How are y'all? It's an awesome show as per us.
Speaker 2: Yes see you guys next week. Yes, all right, feel better too, seriously, rest up?
Speaker 1: Thank you. I am