Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all In podcast. This is going to be part two of season five, Episode twenty two. House is not a Home. We just got to talk and so much about it. We had so much to say, we need to split it up into two episodes, so this is going to be part two. Enjoy it everyone. Have we ever seen Rory so distressed? No, she broke down, Yes, she broke Okay, yeah she's actually you're right, she was upset with Logan and yes, but this is a life crisis. This is the beginning of her life crisis. And she went to she went, she went to the Gilmore House. She went to her grandparents to unload. She had nowhere else to go. Mommy doesn't understand me. She's not hearing me, she doesn't want to hear me out. She just wants to dictate policy to.
Speaker 2: Me, because twenty year olds are stupid and they shouldn't quit.
Speaker 1: Then that goes against everything that Laura I told her about herself, How smart she was, how true great, how what great instincts she has. You'll figure it out. Now, all of a sudden, she's pulling the dictator card. So she drove them into her grandparents' arms. I listen, however you feel about Rory out there. It's a young kid who comes from, you know, a somewhat oddly privileged background without any of the accoutrement, right, and and now she's getting real support from her grandparents in terms of Chiltern and now paying for Yale and all of this guidance and this, you know, it's a seminal moment in her life where it's like, maybe this is not what I want. And how does how does she not know from the time she's a sophomore in high school or junior in high school going to Chiltern that oh gosh, I don't want this. It happens, It happens.
Speaker 2: Correct, LAURAAI said, you don't have to be a journalist, then I don't care. Go back to Yale. They have every option for you there and figure out what you do want to do. Lourl like, look, I'm team Laurai. I'm team Lorli. How mad are you if you're Laura LII and you go to Richard and Emily and you say, we all need to link arms and really work together to get her to go back to school, and then they switch a roo on you.
Speaker 3: And don't do it so mad. I'd be so mad if I.
Speaker 4: So mad.
Speaker 1: But her anger at her daughter isn't helping anything. It's just driving her daughter.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's angry, don't. I don't see it that well.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't know. I was going to say the same. I was going to say, I don't see her being angry either. I think she just wants to help.
Speaker 1: Well, she's barking. I get it, and it's tough love. But she's barking at her own daughter. She's not listening to her daughter. She didn't give her daughter a chance to express how.
Speaker 2: She did it.
Speaker 1: I know she didn't. I just started dictating policy. This is how it's going to be.
Speaker 2: I don't think I didn't see it. Well, yes, she said you can't live at home and just do nothing right, but I think she didn't. She's saying, go back to Yale. Like, first of all, Logan's there, her friends are there, her boyfriend's there, So don't be a journalist. Quit the paper. I don't care. Quit those classes. Go learn ceramics. I don't know art like whatever. I can't think of anything. I'm so fired up. But it's like, go back to Yale and then she brings.
Speaker 1: Up is it surprising she's got you know, she's got Christopher DNA in her He's the biggest screw up in the world.
Speaker 2: Very good point. Good point. This is a good point. I think the most important point is we didn't know Rory, like we thought.
Speaker 1: Was DNA's destiny.
Speaker 2: Yeh, and I thought it was a low blow. And she's like, you've been dreaming of this, Well, actually I was dreaming of Harvard. Well you should have gone to Harvard then, because you got in, you picked Yale, you started. That's my other thing too, is like she picked Yale, she started this. She's got to be a grown up and finish college.
Speaker 3: Do you think it has anything to do with.
Speaker 1: Pre programming, programming, He's already pre programmed to do this.
Speaker 5: No, No, I was gonna say at the dinner, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say about the dinner.
Speaker 5: When they were like, she has a job, Like basically they wanted Rory to be someone who's just there.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the Huntsburger dinner.
Speaker 5: And so do you think Rory's like, well, maybe like if I just sit back and you know, sit back and figure out my life and then I'll be with Logan and then they'll love me.
Speaker 2: Tara, I never thought of this until this very moment when you're saying this, Oh my god, there is a total chance you're the dinner with the Hunts where they were like telling her all the things they don't want about her.
Speaker 3: Like she wants to be a journalist, she wants a career, right.
Speaker 2: Create herself to just be the perfect wife in the dar for Logan. Mm hm, Because here's what I was gonna say. A good boyfriend is enough to make you want to go back to Yale? Do you know what I'm saying? Like if I was in college, say I was just my classes were lame, you know whatever, having a fun boyfriend would have been enough reason to go back, go back, you totally would go back. You'd be like, Yeah, but I wonder if you're right, Scott. You have to admit Tar's got a theory here where maybe she's just trying to become the perfect potential wife for Logan. There is and Mary there.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's not like that's not her mindset, but maybe like it's like in the back of her head, like oh maybe, like you know, I don't think that's her like game plan, but maybe psychologically, maybe she is.
Speaker 2: Pretty obsessed with Logan more than any of the guys she's ever been with. But why would she jump to Yale? Like because they don't want her to be this career woman, but they don't want her to not be an ivy like that that breed wants IVY league people like I don't think like, I don't think that's Do we know where went That's a good question. I don't thank you. I don't think she went to you. Where did mitcham go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went to Yale. That's how we knew about the secret Society.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a theory.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, to we talk about Lane for a minute because we still have to go back and I want to talk about the ending. So what do you all think about Lane and sort of where the band situation was going and that missus Kim just fully became.
Speaker 1: I feel two ways. I have to feel two ways about the direction of this. The first way is, uh, it's preposterous, It's beyond preposterous. And then there's a part of me that is really enjoying it.
Speaker 6: Actually totally it's almost predictable that the Palladinos were going to have uh, missus Kim be the one that says, you're not quitting and I'm gonna I'm going to put together it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be your tour manager basically, right. I saw that government Uh but uh yeah, I didn't hate it. I I liked I liked all. I thought Sebastian was funny. I thought Zach was funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought Zach was really funny, and he had some witty lines. Again, I agree Sebastian box steals the whole thing, just from his outfit to his responses to I'm coming there.
Speaker 1: I thought it was strong. I thought it was I thought it was strong for Zach too. When he got out of bed. Yeah, he's playing video game, Yeah, shouting a Lane.
Speaker 2: And you kind of have that moment too where you realize the cloths are all over the drums that you're like, oh, wow, they've really fallen into sort of a bad marriage, meaning I know they're not married, but you know, I'm saying all the four.
Speaker 1: We know what you mean, Gott just we didn't think it was literal, thank you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm sort of happy where that's going. And Lane looks stoked, and I was missus Kim for all her everything. Was really proud of her. I know that sounds kind of dumb to say, but I was. She really pulled through and became an awesome mom.
Speaker 7: And literally planned out a whole tour for the churches.
Speaker 3: What the w is that the van?
Speaker 1: Which is exactly which is exactly what Laurel I should have done when Rory said she wanted to quit school.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you have come up with a plan as to why, and sort of I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 1: Be a better psychologist, right, more psychology, less dictator.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you. I'll give you that. I like that. I like that it might not be her way, So okay, there's a few standout scenes that I think we must talk about. First of all, the scene in the kitchen when Laureli makes it like its prison, gives her the piece of bread and water for her breakfast, and then says await and puts the phones out.
Speaker 3: I mean that's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I was and has her mugshot and her mugshot on the fridge like the fridge. That was hysterical. And then also they say like, don't call Graham and Grandpa about this, like we'll find a lawyer blah blah blah. So then I also like Logan calling Lorelei and being all kind of squirrely and she's all not happy about it, and he's like, my father's lawyers will take care of this.
Speaker 1: Listen, let's let's let's talk about the eight hundred pound elephant in the room here at the end end of the day. How mentally tough or psychologically mature, uh or how confused is a child going to be raised by a mother who is basically a stand up comic and riffing on every possible situation in your day when it's hard to have a normous you're not having normal conversations. So it's like, is I don't want to use the you know, the s the in insane word, but is Laula a bit insane? And Laurel and Rory has to sort of like survive that and learn how to coexist within that insanity even though it's this wonderful madness of jokey jokes and quips and quick lines and all of this stuff. I mean, if we if we ground it in reality, and I'm probably ruined it for a lot of people that and I enjoyed watching the show too, But that's that's your daughter, I know.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. I wouldn't like it if we hadn't have had the heartfelt moment in the jeep the night before.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are we surprised that the straight man in the in the in the Vaudeville act broke down? Does something bad happen to him?
Speaker 2: I'm processing she's the star.
Speaker 1: She's the star of the vaudeville act. She's doing all the jokes, and she's teaching her protege how to be funny. Like, just just let me do my jokes.
Speaker 2: You know, I understand what you're saying. But I also think there's a lot more to LAURAAI, Like, I think we do get to see the you know, we see the side of her in the jeep. We see the side of her when she went to her parents and has that real hard to heart with them of I need your help, Please help me get her to stay at Yale. This is what we've all dreamed of, So I can deal with her funny bits like the prison thing, because she also can be serious. It's just like Emily says, is this one of your bits, so I get it. They sometimes right, but she also can be very serious and she was very serious at the end, which I don't think we're there yet, but we can be. I don't think we're there. Let's let's not talk quite about the final seies.
Speaker 1: I as job, what's a parent's job. Would you say that Laurela is stable? Yes, there's stability there for r Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially at this point in her life.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: And I think she truly loves her kid, and I think it's okay to be funny. I think what she's doing is sort of like, this situation is so bad that you got arrested, that we've had the heart to heart you feel like dog do about it, because she said she breaks down crying and says I was so stupid, and now Laura's like, okay, I'm going to make a funny bit to let her know it's okay.
Speaker 1: I think I think they're letting us No, they're just they're letting us know. It's a TV show and you're gonna laugh. Now we can properties, you know what. I'm glad I brought it up. I just wanted to debate the issue. You're one hundred percent right, I just think it's it's if we're trying to don't draw logic out of this saniness. I think we're maybe we're going down the wrong road. But I think DNA's destiny. I'll say it again. That's the last time I'll say it. I think I think she's she's part Christopher And there you go, that's what you get. Well, that's who your daddy is, and that's what he is, and that's what there's part of you that's going to do that too.
Speaker 2: One of the things I think about Gilmore Girls in the big picture is exactly what you're saying, that we we you know, we become how we were raised and history repeats itself and all those many things.
Speaker 5: But you go, I was just gonna say it made me think of that. Laurel is kind of always one step ahead of Rory. Like how she broke down to Luke and she's like, what about her record? I need soap to clean off the fingerprint, And then she figured this out already and then she goes, this is the car and Rory's like, well.
Speaker 3: What about my record? What we don't have soap? But do we have soap at home?
Speaker 5: Like I think Laurelies, even though I think that's why it's okay for her to crack a joke, because I think she's thinking way more.
Speaker 3: Ahead of Rory.
Speaker 1: Do you know that everybody in this show is in a scene with somebody else who thinks they're crazy at all times? There isn't one single scene that goes by where somebody wacky isn't opining on the other one's wackiness directly.
Speaker 2: I literally have every phone call I'm on every day, I'm like someone on this concert, especially in Hollywood. As they say, I'm like, I'm just talking people off the ledge of crazy. So what do we think of the bike race? And I do have one flag on this episode? Let's let's talk about the bike Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna challenge you, guys. I do I do a Nicholas Cage homage in the scene with Taylor? Can you can you name which line it.
Speaker 2: Is which when you're signing the papers for the house? Which scene was? Okay? Yes, so you're signing the papers, I don't know, You're gonna have to tell us.
Speaker 1: I don't know what line it was, but I sang the line no. When I sang the line, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to rewatch this. Wait, can we pull?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the bike race?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Maybe somebody on this I don't know his Hannah is Hannah in here, Danielle Hannah. Do you think you could find a scene where Scott signing the paper so we can rewatch it. But in the meantime, Scott, do you remember having to navigate through the bikers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was supposed to get stunt pay and I didn't get stunt packed. And you know, is that true? Because I risked my butt doing that. I could they could have slammed and they were going fast, they were whipping around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what did they have it choreographed?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Those those must have been stunt bikers because they had to full correct. And did you have like they were like you have to hit these moments or is it up to the bike.
Speaker 1: It was very precisely choreographed.
Speaker 2: It was like frogger.
Speaker 1: And you know it didn't now that I watch it all these years later, because I did see it. I did see that scene. I saw that in ad R when I was looping U huh, because he said, oh you want to see the bike scene? You know, because I looped some of those lunch before and I said, yeah, help me say it, and it looked horrifyingly dangerous. But this time it did. Time it didn't look so dangerous to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's because you've seen it like or you're used to because it looks great.
Speaker 1: It looked great, though. I thought it looked great.
Speaker 3: You know, well, so you got stunt pay for that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't supposed to do that. A stunt man is supposed to do that kind of work. Walk through there, But how.
Speaker 2: Could that they show your face? There's no way of stunts from behind.
Speaker 1: It was that right time around. I agree, Yes, I had to do it. Yes, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's all right, so let's watch this. You can have the audio, Just have the audio. What the hell is.
Speaker 1: Wrong with them? Why can't they just let the bozo and back them figure out for himself.
Speaker 2: There's a big hole there. You're awfully crabby for a man whose business is boomy because.
Speaker 1: Of this race. I want this kind of business. It's so shiny.
Speaker 2: I lobbied the race coordinators for weeks.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of uzzo and karaoke, but I bagged our town the coveted first stop.
Speaker 1: Last Stop slide wait, first stop, last stop, meaning they.
Speaker 2: Start here today, circle the state, then in here later this week.
Speaker 1: Every one of them will be coming back big, oh big, oh unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so good.
Speaker 1: The unbelievable line. What is it from Honeymoon in Vegas when he's when he takes Sarah Jessica Parker to Vegas to marry her finally and he can't wait to get her up in the suite and they're all hot and bothered and all that, and nobody's at the front desk and he's ringing the bell and he says, can I get a room? And he starts singing stuff. I was on location to a Little Big League and we watched Honeymoon in Vegas every single day, multiple times a day, for three months in Timothy Busfield's trailer, and we were obsessed with Cage's performance. And it just shows you how things can influence you.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of the bike race, there is a scene I think it's the scene maybe where the lane gets the guys the fries and they're all in the din in the in Luke's diner and the people from the Bike Grace are in there, and can I just throw a flag that like one of the people from the bike race is still wearing their helmet while they're sitting in the diner eating, Like, wouldn't you take your helmet off?
Speaker 1: No, some people don't do that. No, some people do not do that, and it annoys me. Like when I'm skiing, they come into the lodge and they get their lunch and they sit down and keep their are freaking helmets on.
Speaker 2: Bizarre that scene for me, it was really hard for me to watch Lane and Gil and Brian and Zach because I was so distracted by all the extras. I was just couldn't take my eyes off.
Speaker 5: Even that scene with Taylor and Luke even just now, I was like, there's a lot of people on the back.
Speaker 2: The other thing is, I think Michelle was pretty funny in this episode. You know, like it's the big gift basket and obviously, uh, you know, that's the sort of a funny banter with the two of them, and then you know, Luke comes over to fix the banister and that's where he realizes, like, wait a minute, what's going on with Mike Armstrong in this job? And he gets all pissy and which is what leads us to the moment where he froggers through the bikers because he's like, draw up my three days to mull it over, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Out, wait, you're missing the Luke's funniest moment ever.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it was his most important moment.
Speaker 1: No, it's not the funniest, funniest right, yeah, and then at the kid and then he but like he let it out and then he had to recover. That was Luke's funniest moment ever.
Speaker 2: I agree, funniest, but also wow, it was also his most real were like.
Speaker 1: Right, God, so much on the line, right, yes.
Speaker 2: So I love that whole scene. I think that whole scene is so important.
Speaker 1: That gave up. She gives up college. Everybody's quitting.
Speaker 2: It's the ind But oh you mean, oh well, we'll get into the scene at the diner too. But do you think Luke was a little over the top worrying so much.
Speaker 1: I had to set up a joke. That's why it was so funny.
Speaker 2: Right, what about the kids? Right?
Speaker 1: You had to you had to go over the top with it to set up the joke.
Speaker 2: Lauren Graham had to do some solid face acting, and so did you in this some solid face acting.
Speaker 1: It's it's different from regular acting.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's all connected.
Speaker 2: Let's face acting. Wait, let's watch you frauderant.
Speaker 1: And it's not a separate technique. Obviously we love your acting, Scott, but your face acting you should work on. You know.
Speaker 2: I do see how that could have been a stunt person.
Speaker 1: On the on when it was on my back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's way better that it's you.
Speaker 1: I think they tried it, but nobody could nail my walk.
Speaker 2: It's distinct. So can I comment quickly as we're going to talk about this scene. I am obsessed with Laura Lai. She had that beautiful black floral dress with the pink sweater. I mean, the fashion is amazing. But so she goes to the Friday night dinner thinking they're going to have the plan is going to be in action and Richard and Emily. Emily's in her chair and Richard's standing, and they drop this bomb on her like she's going to live here in the pool house, and it's just kind of tragic in a way. It's like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I don't think they delivered it right. Like I think if you're going to turn your back on a promise and a plan you made with your daughter. There should have been a better way to deliver this news, not like well, yeah, Rory came to us, she sided with us, so we're gonna go, you know what I mean, Like I think there was just first of all, maybe call her and give her heads up before she comes to dinner, right, But also just like you can't just say we completely scrapped your idea and Rory's right and she were doing what's right for her.
Speaker 1: I know he said to Laura l I that that your mother and I have had a very thorough discussion about this.
Speaker 7: And that's the prob because Lorala needs to be there, he needs to They couldn't have.
Speaker 1: That discussion with Laura I because the discussion wasn't about Rory. It was about Laurel I. That's why that she couldn't be involved in it. And I think they took the decision like Laura, I screwed this girl up. We're going to fix her. Simple as that, simple as that. Yeah, I mean that's how they feel. I think that's how they feel. And you know they talked about Christopher too, being I think they just her father and what a horrible example she's had.
Speaker 2: I don't think so trauma of.
Speaker 1: Dealing with this, this loser father of hers who's not even around that insult to injury, you know. I mean, if if he was off being successful, it would still be painful, but at will least he would be setting example. He's super successful. Not that that would reinforce anything terribly positive on a consistent basis, but at least, but he's like not only is an absent father, he's a loser. He doesn't succeed in anything.
Speaker 2: I just think they couldn't say no to their crime granddaughter. I think grandparents cannot, and aunts and uncles have When you love these people so much, right, parents know they have to say no, whereas the grandparents, especially grandparents, they just couldn't say no.
Speaker 1: Or what would you do if you're if you're Emily, what would I do if I was Richard? And I know it, and I don't know my daughter the way the audience knows that my daughter. The audience loves my daughter. They see all these colors, and they see all this grit, and they see all this strength, and they see all this motivation and wisdom and all this being great mother. They don't see that that's not their opinion of their daughter. They think she's disturbed, that she's always doing bits, that she's a rebel, that she's a maverick, that she's an outsider. Now her daughter is failing after we you know, but the daughter the money where our mouth is, and we're gonna we're gonna get her out of this death spiral and get her back on track.
Speaker 2: Laura I wasn't failing, That's what Laura I wanted.
Speaker 1: No, they wanted help.
Speaker 7: It's just interesting because I think if it were anybody else would be like, you need to stay in Yale, like this is for your future, this is for your livelihood, like all those things. But we saw when Rory went to Richard at first, like.
Speaker 2: He pawning it off.
Speaker 7: He's like, I need to have this conversation with you know, your Emily should here or.
Speaker 2: Whatever he said.
Speaker 7: He like literally tried not having the conversation and then she just melted. Yeah, and then and he couldn't take it.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 7: Boundaries right, well, I think to him it was he was so on board with lorealized plans because that is the right thing to do in a guiding factor. But then when he realized like my granddaughter is crying to me right now. It changed his entire world.
Speaker 5: Well, and she didn't have, like she doesn't have a father figure to go to, like Richard, is that mother?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Dare you say that Luke is her father?
Speaker 2: I am your fell I think that. I think Tara, you're you're putting a button on what Scott has been saying that she doesn't even though I don't know that it's so much about Christopher, she doesn't have a father figure. It would have been interesting to see what Christopher would have done in this situation. Richard just caved, like we all do. We hate saying no to our kids or our grandkids, our nieces and nephews. We want to make them feel better. What Laura I was doing was the hard thing to say. I'm not just gonna cave and give you what you want. I'm going to say no. This is a bad idea.
Speaker 5: And I guess it's also just going off of what I said about the father figure, Like if you have, let's say, an argument with your mom, you're just gonna go to your dad.
Speaker 3: Right and then and then your mom's gonna get up.
Speaker 5: It is hypothetical, but like your mom's gonna get upset because then you're getting your dad on your side.
Speaker 3: I think it's worse for Laura I to go that it's.
Speaker 5: Going to her parents, like then she really feels defeated.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Uh huh, So okay, there's so much more to even still break down.
Speaker 1: But you know, Laura Lai and her parents don't have a real relationship, so there's no that's right. And that's why it was right.
Speaker 2: That's why it was so painful when she comes to them and says, I need your help, and they tell her they were on her side. They agreed with her. They were all linked arms.
Speaker 1: And then Rory, well they I think they still are on the same page. They just diverged on the methodology, right, what they wage methodology to apply.
Speaker 2: But they should have said it, you'll move in here, the same goal, right. But what they well that's what they claim. But what they should have said, what do you think they want to do with her? They're What they should have done is say you'll move in here for the summer. We're going to take care of you. We're going to get through this. But with the plan being in August, they really start to say you're going back like it's it's just bananas that she's quitting Yale. That being said, my favorite scene is the final scene where Laura l II goes into the diner and she tells Luke Roy dropped out. She's moved in with my parents. They've stabbed me in the back. She was supposed to have more than me, right, So you get this powerful like, oh my god, you really understand where she's coming from. And then Luke really does what Laura Lai needed and you see it in her face, this smile, this she's not in pain. She's so in love with him because he's like, Okay, we'll call Yale. We'll do this. Well, uh, you know, we'll we'll take shifts and follow her to class and you know, I'll work around your schedule. And he's just being so amazing and that's where the face acting comes in. She's so in love and says, will you marry me?
Speaker 1: What? Well?
Speaker 2: It was amazing? What did everybody think?
Speaker 3: I have some thoughts ahead?
Speaker 7: So this is my This is my take, I think Lorlai because one thing that I don't think we really addressed fully is Luke earlier in the episode said for the kids, so like this is his time. He's addressing that he wants kids.
Speaker 2: Right. What we talked about.
Speaker 7: In the last episode is now actually a factual thing. So and we saw how Laura forgot about that. So that's that's the first thing that stuck in my head. The second thing is she has single handedly lost all of.
Speaker 2: Her people in this episode.
Speaker 7: Rory has quote unquote turned on her and is now living with Richard and Emily. Richard and Emily.
Speaker 2: Are with their granddaughter.
Speaker 7: So Lourla is on this little island, and I think she is feeling very alone and the last thing she can lose is Luke, and you're securing him at all costs, even though maybe she doesn't want to have children, or even though maybe she doesn't want to, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Like I don't. I didn't see it. I had a different genuine to be honest.
Speaker 8: I.
Speaker 1: Agree with that.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't have that take.
Speaker 7: That was a hail Mary, that was a please don't ever leave me. I'm so alone, you cannot leave me.
Speaker 2: I did not have that take. I look at her face and I see her hearing Luke being so on her side, being so the partner that she's longed for. That She thought she could go to her parents and get them to, like I said, link arms with her, all hands in the middle, be her teammate. So she goes to the diner just devastated. I say it again, Rory dropped out. She's moved into my parents. They stabbed me in the back. She was supposed to have more than me, So not not. He doesn't just say it'll be okay, I love you. He is like her teammate on it. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna do this. We're gonna do this. We're gonna do this. And you see in her face. You see her face change right from being so upset to smiling to me. She knows she's found the partner she's always been looking for. And so she has this calm and happiness and says, will you marry me? Because she's saying, I don't need any more information other than what I've just received that you are the guy, you are the one. We're in this together.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I took it as you are the only one on my team. You're you're getting, you are getting.
Speaker 1: I've got sign you to a contract. God, I just I gotta go out there and Okay, I couldn't sign my own daughter. I couldn't sign my grandpa. I am offering you a lifetime deal right now.
Speaker 2: Respectfully disagree, does a house? Please watch her face, you dous Just do me the solid and watch her face.
Speaker 7: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: No, I know.
Speaker 3: It's also her timing.
Speaker 5: Like I'm always like, oh, Laura, I like if you just like I think she just doesn't think things through, Like if I because I I agree with Danielle. But if with what you're talking about, Amy, If that's the case, why tonight Why the second that she's having a bad night, suddenly getting married to Luke is going.
Speaker 1: To fix that's he's constantly showing his loyalty and his love to her.
Speaker 2: And like, okay, so when you even aha moment, you have the moment of you go, this is the moment. This is the moment. So you're right, why tonight? Why not tonight? This is the moment.
Speaker 3: Because her head's in a different her heads in a different places.
Speaker 2: That's not what I saw from her face. If you watch her face, I see it change, and I see her have that moment of going even when the poop is hitting the fan, this guy's in it with me, and that's what I want. I want, I.
Speaker 1: Want to be But he's always been like that.
Speaker 2: But the moment everyone has.
Speaker 1: Every episode, every time we see him, he's like that went to the.
Speaker 7: Hospital when Richard was sick.
Speaker 2: Like all the things, He's younger.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was younger back then. He looked the people, why not have a moment and propose to him in the because people don't.
Speaker 2: Have that moment till they have that moment. In his prime, didn't have the moment until they have the moment. So she had it at that very moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, they could have had a bunch of kids by now, she'd have just but it's just.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It just didn't feel right to me. Right watch her face.
Speaker 7: Watch I get I know what you're talking about because I saw that and I was like, But the more I think about it.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm tired. I'm going to tell you what I'm tired of. I'm tired of everything that Laura l I does is right, it's what is going on. Why can't she be criticized, right?
Speaker 2: She can just not by me. Everybody can criticize her. But I'm just through and through team Laura.
Speaker 1: You're questioning her motives here, we're questioning why.
Speaker 2: Now that's right, you three are all on the same ten.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's hell bent for leather. She's gonna screw this up too by proposing to him. Let's talk about the appropriateness or inappropriateness of that. What what I said?
Speaker 2: Obviously wait for season six Team Laura Lai. I'm like, hell yeah, And I love the last line? What what that was? That was good acting? Scott, How you responded to that last line? I was like, that was a good on that? So not only is he good that what you're good at voice acting?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 1: How good at finger acting? Yeah, you're like talking about this really good face acting.
Speaker 2: But just let me let me world, let me live in my laurel Li. I mean I think, Look, I want to be Lorelei. I love Laura I everything about Loralai. I felt it since I watched this twenty years ago. So I'm glad you all have a different perspective. I don't hate you for it. I just don't think you're right.
Speaker 1: I think it's a way, it's almost a way to sabotage her relationship with Luke in a weird unconscious way. You know, I'm really gonna screw everything up now. I'm going to put the cherry on top of this cake, and I think I'm going to propose to this guy right now.
Speaker 2: It's like what I also think she didn't think it through. She just saw how awful she drove. It was amazing. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Literally, it was definitely a show stopper for sure. It was entertaining, it was.
Speaker 2: Shocking, great cliffhanger.
Speaker 1: It was worth the price of admission. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 7: Actually, this was a really good episode because it's like, is Rory going back to Yale, or luc and Laura getting married or they engage, like she's staying in the is Rory staying in the in the poolhouse? With what's going on with Mitchell, Like there's so many things to set up season six.
Speaker 2: Danielle, before we go, give us like your I don't know one minute predictions of what you think will happen in season six.
Speaker 7: I think Rory goes to Yale, Like, I don't think she drops out. I think she's still in love with Logan.
Speaker 2: Maybe she goes.
Speaker 7: I think she stays in the poolhouse and maybe she starts to be like a little bit more adventurous and then look and Lorla, I think are going to being quote unquote engaged.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't.
Speaker 7: It's not a solid foundation in my opinion. And that's that's my prediction.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 3: Are you going to watch when?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Billy, I'm so sorry I forgot to announce that people are worried about that Danielle will keep up while she's on maternity leave. I might send you voice memos.
Speaker 3: Please do please do one voice.
Speaker 7: An episode that you can just play at the end.
Speaker 8: And we have a Danielle's say, we will have a surprise uh what do we call it, Scott, a surprise special guest for during maternity leave, A surprise host guest co host.
Speaker 2: During the maternity leave that we will reveal in when we do episode one of season six. Danielle worked hard to plan her maternity leave, tied right to the end of season five of the I Am All In Podcast.
Speaker 1: Now that's what I call good timing. I think, Glora, I can use a little lesson or two, a thing or two from the book of Danielle.
Speaker 2: I do think we have one. Unless Danielle goes into labor early, we'll have one episode with the four of us one, two, three, four and the new person, and then Danielle can pass on the I Am All in baton. It makes me so depressed. I'm like literally like I'm going to.
Speaker 7: Watch these episodes and want to talk about them.
Speaker 2: So it's weird because you're going to miss all of season five basically, I mean, sorry, you're going to miss all of these six.
Speaker 1: Just newborn. Your newborn is going to be inductrinated into the I Am all in vibe right away anyway. So I think at this point, I think, at this point, you know what, I think you want to ask me what I think about season six and what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I think it, Yeah, I want to ask you, but I don't know what you know and what you don't.
Speaker 1: Well can I speculate?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Uh. I just think at this point, Luke's frustration is biblical, to use a word. I mean, how frustrated does this guy have to be with a single the single focus of his his his heart before he just decides to, you know, like close up shop, go to Israel, you start the twelve tribes again. You don't have as many babies as he can with multiple women and you know, like Joseph, right, did Joseph do that? So it's like the guy wants to have some kids. Yeah, he wants he wants to start a Dane's clan so that maybe they can return to the United States and defeat the Huntsburgers and the Gilmours. I don't know. I think that'd be a pretty good storyline actually, And no, seriously, who the heck knows? Who knows well we are?
Speaker 9: And I do well, I don't he knows just the entire twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: It is kind of awesome that you guys don't totally know. I mean, Scott, you probably remember it things I know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember a thing about season six. I have the what's going to happen?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't know that much about the movies. I don't to know. And whatever I did know, I forgot because I wanted to forget the movies.
Speaker 2: Are the movies are bad? Wait? Am I hot or cold? Can you just tell me that?
Speaker 1: No, don't don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to answer that now. Also because people will will go crazy on me. They get so mad. But I guess I can't protect our girl on Instagram.
Speaker 1: All right, what are we all right, let's wrap this up? What are we giving this.
Speaker 2: To? Ten? Ten? Bread and waters?
Speaker 1: Tara? What are you rating this? Puppy m I'll.
Speaker 5: Give it a nine point eight Rory mudg Why.
Speaker 1: Why the deduction? Why the two tenths deduction? Tell me to.
Speaker 5: Me, it's like, I'm just frustrated by them, and it's not my favorite final. I mean it's like pretty big, which not my favorite finale.
Speaker 7: Danielle nine point nine five stunt bikers.
Speaker 1: Oh man, uh yeah, I'm gonna get up. I'm going to deduct for the ending, even though it was really strong. Now you can't, you can't deduct. I think it's it's consistent with her character to do something like that, so I don't want to deduct. I'll deduct for maybe the Missus Kim stuff, but only a little. I think it's a nine point nine six three. No, nine point nine six two. Smudged contracts.
Speaker 2: No, wait, we have to figure out what's going to happen with the Twickham House. But we'll have to worry about that in season six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to do favorite lines, Amy, what's your favorite line?
Speaker 2: Oh? So many?
Speaker 1: Everything about There was some hesitation.
Speaker 2: What what's but it's also what about the kids? What about the kids? Right about the kid?
Speaker 1: There you go, I think, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And also honorable mention too. My god, those are good genes.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I mean Rory Stole yacht, I have so many wash you with that logan, kid.
Speaker 3: What My favorite was what it's just because I said it.
Speaker 1: Aloud to My favorite was was what about the kids? Yeah. Also I gotta put the tailor's line about the Mark Jacobs right right up there. It was my first chuckle, first chuckle. Anyway, all right, thanks kids, best fans on the planet. Next episode season six, oh my episode one, know and improved, Laurele, I, we will see ya on the backside if you're gon't if you're now on the front side, uh whatever that means. Thank you, Tara, thank you, Danielle, thank you Amy. Best fans on the planet. And here's a fun little tidbit. We're gonna launch season six with the girl, the woman, the actress who played my sister Kathleen Wilhoyt Liz is coming on a pod. We're real excited. We had a really great talk with her.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's gonna do it. Thanks for you downloads. Keep the cards and letters coming. We read everything on the body uh and we always will. We love you, We need you, You need us. You hate to admit it.
Speaker 4: Stay safe, game.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody to forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.