Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nola.
Speaker 3: They called me Ben. We are joined as all of us with our super producer Alexis code named Doc Holliday Jackson. Most importantly, you are you. You are here, and that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It is always an exciting evening for us, fellow conspiracy realist, when we can hang out with the people who make this show happen. I mean, first off, Doc and then you tuning in right now. We're going to explore some CD biolab things. We're going to as you know I've been, I've been so into this. We're going to give some letters from home at the end with some recommendations from our fair metropolis. We're also going to talk about something called the windsor hum. But before we do, throwing a little plot twist this way.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: We have increasingly off air, we have increasingly been spending time talking about a game called Starfield.
Speaker 5: Lasting over it because we are an audio podcast, Noel, you know, Doc doesn't always weigh in on these things, but uh, of the of the.
Speaker 3: Four of us, UH code named Doc is the one who is currently living in Starfield can even say playing it and uh and just want to be very appreciative there of the ways in which we explore these these conversations like the like, Noel, you're a Fallout guy, right, It's.
Speaker 6: My favorite game and it's always been the game that's forced me to buy the next gen console. Like I think Fallout four was only available on PS four and that's what got me to buy a PS four. And I've never been an Xbox guy, but I swear to god, I'm considering it. Like I really want to play. I feel I've got such fomo. I mean, I just I really feel left out. And it's sad. I got I downloaded No Man's Sky just like as like a band aid kind of you know, which is also great, But yeah, I want to get in there. But the pronouns, oh do you see the people are enraged. All these chads on the internet are like freaking out because you can assign pronouns for a game where people address you by name, repeatedly.
Speaker 3: Like people got so pissed about the newest Little Mermaid because they thought the fictional Mermaid character had to be a certain demographic that was that was tough to Matt is by far. I think we can say Matt is by far the most accomplished gamer of the three of us. Matt Matt beat Elden Ring like that, it was done with it.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, yeah, I can handle me some some souls, okay. But look, one of the main reasons why I'm not playing Starfield right now is because I'm kind of upset at Beathesda because i want to be in Tamriel, and look, I've lived in that place since Marwind and I just want to go back and hang out in different parts of that. I don't know, isn't it. I guess it's going to be.
Speaker 3: It might be hammer Fell, I think with the next Elder Scrolls. Anyhow, we digress. But we love this stuff because it is exploring another world. You know, it is a fascinating thing. We've got a lot of folks tuning in tonight, you as well as us. You are you are gamers. We want to give a shout out to our pal Kelsey eto out in Hawaii who sent us some magic the Gathering cards Macadamia. That's some really cool stuff.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: Such good art in there.
Speaker 3: I you know, nol no offense to you or me, but I think Matt's also uh the leader of our group in terms of magic the Gathering, right.
Speaker 6: Matt's got some serious powers. That's ubarnard. I don't know what I thought that was the magic The gathering was a reference. I hear it now, I get it.
Speaker 3: I got too right there with you, I thought, is he.
Speaker 1: Just so?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: So here is our first letter from home. This is from someone who is going by Saturday Morning Cartoons. You are in ing, you know, yeah? Nice? All right, so SMC says, hello friends. The classic episode on the windsor Hum was just uploaded on my Spotify feed for my listening edification. I remember this episode when it first came out, and I remember making a mental note that I forgot to fulfill to re listen with headphones to the elusive windsor Hum. I had the opportunity to listen with headphones today, and I have thoughts that sound reminds me of a lower pitched version of a strange noise I hear when talking to my old folks on the phone. I always thought that this was because they still use a landline, but I don't understand the logic. To my conclusion, every now and then there are a series of noises that sound like the hum, but are higher pitched, like a beeping sound with various ranges. One time I stopped the phone conversation to ask what all that beeping was. Matter of factly, they said that it was the government listening in class.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, isn't that sort of a trope like in mob shows or movies where if you hear a weird little sound like some clickies on the phone, that means your phone's tapped.
Speaker 2: Dude, shout out to m one and the song confidential. Listen to it if you haven't heard it recently or ever.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, Matt, thank you. Dead press is awesome and in in one as solid by many accounts of people who know my folks, says Saturday Morning Cartoons, they have become very delusional with their religious persecution and have nosedived into even more conservative politics. Sometimes, when my folks begin what I recognize as hate speech, the static ish hum beep sound will occur, and they will get quiet and say that the government is listening and they have to change the subject. They even say that the government has stopped their web service and made it impossible to connect to the world before I dismiss this as regular crazy talk. Do you know of that sound or something similar that I am writing about? Is it a thing? It is a sound that I can vouch for too, if my senses can be seen as reliable. Oh well, it's not a pressing issue, just something I find peculiar. Beep beep, boo, boom boom, beep, beep, beep.
Speaker 6: Tootless to say, I love it tootles as a sign off. I think it is an underutilized expression, and I totally respect that.
Speaker 3: It's cool. It's wholesome, right, it's.
Speaker 2: I just want to recognize that Saturday Morning cartoons did put so os in those beeps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's worse, it's yeah. Yeah, And and it's strange though, because you know the windsor hum. I'm pretty sure that we did find the most plausible explanation. But the idea of being tapped in right, or tapped into the idea of some sort of alphabet bro listening into your conversations, especially on a landline it's very real. Uh, it's possible that there might be a phone conversation you have with some specific targeting. But as we found previously and hopefully this is uh, hopefully this is a bit reassuring. What we found every time we looked is that unless you are actively doing some shenanigans, or unless you are actively interacting with someone who's doing some shans, it's an automated system, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other thing to keep in mind, generally, when a tap exists, because there is a tap into the entire thing, it's into the trunk. It's not into your individual phone line most often. So I don't know. I think it's because I often associate with as M one associates with someone physically listening, right, like with a phone that has a receiver that also has a microphone active. So it's like you can hear somebody else on a phone. But that's not how these systems would function. It would be just capturing the audio that's occurring between those two with no microphone in the mix whatsoever. Right, So maybe that's why you would hear more of the machine sound the like system running or something. But again, I don't even think that would come into it, but maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a key issue. So part of it is the idea of a landline phone, which is increasingly anachronistic. We we all know that, uh, the the idea of someone purposely targeting and wire tapping you in the United States is laughably low. It just it takes too much work. There's a big bureaucracy behind it, and FISA courts are rubber stamps, but it still has to go to a court.
Speaker 6: I mean, is it Do you always have to install a physical device? No, No, it's downstream right like, so it would be yeah, you could do it like I don't know. Again, I'm tankeded by sopranos, but I feel like you could actually do it at the junction box for the phone or even further along than that, right, Like you wouldn't even have to go anywhere near So that's property.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great point, Noel, The junction box at this at this juncture is u It's god. Yeah, Well, it's like being it's like being cute, c and accurty, you know what I mean. It's like saying I know that there are faster cars, but I love my nineteen sixty three Cadillac.
Speaker 6: Ors David Lynch uses a landline. I'm sure, I'm sure he does.
Speaker 3: The more insidious part of this is that there is active well, there is passive monitoring of all phone conversations in the United States one hundred percent. It's true. It goes through an algorithm, right, and that algorithm knows a lot more about you than you might think. But there is a certain narcissism. Two genres of paranoia paranoia when it is paranoia becomes problematic when the person encountering the paranoia says, oh, of course, there's a huge organization that remotely acknowledges my existence or cares. And unfortunately, unfortunately that issue is something that you know, it can be humbling to deal with. The question here, though, is a question of information. Saturday Morning cartoon? Did your parents get up to some misadventures? You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: I miss Saturday Morning cartoons?
Speaker 2: Doesn't ever, but I do, I certainly do.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's a it's a staple like it used to be. I mean, there's barely cable like you know, it's a different world. You can get your cartoons on demand at all times.
Speaker 3: You guys watched you guys could use televisions on Saturdays growing up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my favorite. My favorite part was when my parents stopped making me go to church and I could watch the Sunday Nickelodeon shows, which were its own thing, like Doug and Rugrats and Ren and Stimby.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I feel like we derailed. I don't want to derail the derailment. But let's get back really quickly. Ben, you said something about maybe the parents were getting up to something, right, I just want to point to the Department of Homeland Securities Threat Assessment, excuse me, Homeland Threat Assessment that they just put out on the thirteenth of this month, September twenty twenty three, seven days prior to us recording this episode. You can check out their PDF that they created. You know, I'm not even I'm not describing this correctly, guys. It's the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis Homeland Threat Assessment twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: Jesus, that's a mouthful.
Speaker 2: It's a government document, right, always stuff. But if you scroll down to the first section where they are, you know, right after they describe their methodology and give you an executive summary, the first major section is about terrorism, specifically domestic terrorist threats and how DHS is looking at that like the hardest of all possible threats to the United States right now.
Speaker 3: Sure it's easy to get funding for it. Also, also, let's put out in a book that we highly recommend called in a Stunning Coincidence stuff they don't want you to know. There's a pretty good examination of the six degrees of Kevin Bacon application or ideology or tactics used to collect civilian information, which is, you don't have to be a Shenanigan fan, you don't have to know personally a fan of misadventure. You only have to know someone within six degrees of someone who knows someone, at which point you're.
Speaker 6: Part of the web.
Speaker 3: You're part of the web.
Speaker 6: And now is this metadata type stuff that we're talking about, Like you know, when they blew the lid off of the whole government surveillance, it wasn't actually names and dates and individualistic information, but it was information about information. Is that we're talking about here or is this similar?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's also a lot of the times again technology versus legislation. Many times what comes out in terms of the paperwork or the legal practice is sort of a fig leaf, you know what I mean. It's it's whistling in a graveyard. It's it's like calling shotgun doesn't mean you automatically sit in the front pass.
Speaker 6: So you don't subscribe to Dibbs.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 6: That's okay, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's going to go to Scotus. It has multiple times, and in some stunning coincidence, Noel matt and some stunning coincidence, every time the powerful in the country get the get the question about protecting innocent regular people or siding with the already powerful, they got a track record go with the powerful.
Speaker 2: It's been ten years since Snowden came out and told us about the stuff Five Eyes was getting up to, and at that time it was metadata stuff you're talking about, nol. It was mostly looking at anyone interacting with a foreign actor of some sort, right, someone outside of the United States.
Speaker 3: But then all it's in Armenia, et cetera, up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, but then anyone connected to the phone that's connecting to the foreign actor is up for grabs as well, and it goes down the line that way. That's how at least legally they were getting through that stuff. I can only imagine that since that time there have been some evolutions to the stuff, like even even the government policies that we don't get to see the closed door stuff.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask, you know, we're talking about the anachronistic kind of nature of a landline, right, but do you think that that maybe folks are onto something like they're not paying attention to that as much like is there more privacy with a more old school type of communication?
Speaker 3: Since a question there's a events to you, there is a different sort of privacy In the United States. People who own a landline are less likely to engage in social media, and if they do engage in social media, it's more likely to be one of the legacy ones, one of the dinosaurs like Facebook Meta. The idea here is you're onto something, right, like the thing is everyone agreed to this right. This is a representative democracy. You voted for the people who voted for the thing in the wake of nine to eleven. That is simply the reality. The Patriot Act, the Freedom Act, all those fun names. What they did is they sold your idea or your experience of privacy to the highest bit and sometimes to the lowest bidder.
Speaker 6: Down the river. That is what they swear they sold it. You know you're right, Ben, because I mean all this stuff was passed on under the presumption of you know, national security, and in under duress, in a state of fear where everyone's docile and kind of will just yeah, of course, please save us from the evil men, you know, with the wolves at the door, and then opportunistic politicians sneak all kinds of in there, and it's a slippery slope and they're all slippery folks.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also, you know, props to the Senate. They relaxed their dress code just earlier so now and it's all because of this one guy. But they were like, okay, shorts are fine and hoodies are fine now, but we're freaking mad at you. Fetterman his name is.
Speaker 6: I've heard they're going to start allowing vapes in the halls pretty soon after the.
Speaker 3: Musicals only there, which, of course, uh, of course the world is the world is burdened down. But let us do our little show and uh, and what what I'd like to wrap our first act with in this week's listener mail is a bit of a tease a bit of foreshadowing. Previously, many years ago, we did an episode on the existence of something called the brown note Saturday Morning Cartoons. When you were when you're writing to us about the very real phenomenon, the very real conspiracy of tapping phone lines, we started thinking about WEAPONI Sound. Also check out our Hearing Voices episode. If you've yet to tune in. Let's do the brown note real quick. What's the brown note? Like three four sentences?
Speaker 2: What's the.
Speaker 6: Pants?
Speaker 2: Right? That's probably super low that we have yet to identify as a humans.
Speaker 6: It's it's an urban legend. It's a South Park episode.
Speaker 2: MythBusters tried to make it happen. Did they succeed? No.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hire Erode anybody, but if you really want to crap your pants, you should do it without a crutch.
Speaker 6: Just like just let it go. It's very freeing.
Speaker 3: Be the change that you wish, be the change of drawers that you wish to see in the world. Here's the tease. There is something very interesting I found a while back going to william S Burrows. A little bit of Hunter Thompson, a little bit of David Bowie. Not a brown note, but a black noise, the idea that there is a certain vibration that can psychologically crack individual humans, higher order intelligent life, as well as communities and civilizations. What are we talking about? Tune in in a later evening. For now, we're gonna pause. Thank you very much, Saturday Morning Cartoons. There is nothing crazy about what you're saying, and we very much appreciate your time, as well as every single conspiracy realist who takes the time to write in tell us your stories of weird landline phones one eight three three std w y t K conspiracydiheartradio dot com. We're gonna pause for a word from our sponsors. Doc. Can you hit us with like a brown note? Going in to the epic?
Speaker 2: All right, and we're back, And boy is it smelly in here, guys. I just watched a video of Duncan Trussell, I think, with his kid.
Speaker 6: Talking to you man, lovely gentlemen.
Speaker 2: You're talking. They are both talking to Alexa, and Alexa keeps asking them if they want more fart noise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I happened to stumbled upon that. Yeah, leg you that here's that, here's that tight wi, Here's here's here's our wat wine. It's like a hidden feature. Alexa is a cheeky, cheeky lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's just awful and cross. But Ben, that was such a hard tease, Like you got me on the edge of my seat listening to the teas of that whatever that thing is, that frequency, that sound. I can't wait to jump into that. My goodness. But hey, let's jump to the phone lines and hear a message from bro dude.
Speaker 4: Man, Hey, guys, this is Tyler Columbaro out here in Reedley, California. We're out here in the agricultural Manifesto of the United States, basically a Fresno county. The do a ton of agriculture out here. It's Reedley, California. There's trains that come and go blah blah blah. But recently, something that you guys, I don't think I've talked about yet is this vile lab that they found in our small town of Reaveley, California. And there's not a lot of information available to the public. There's a lot of speculation because the public doesn't have answers, so we ongo this weird conversation of what actually happened, what was actually there. There's a lot of threats probably to people's safety and stuff.
Speaker 9: It's kind of weird. There's a lot of concerns because they were dealing with lots of different diseases and viruses in this small, unregulated lab in a small town, dumping hazardous waste, doing a lot of weird things. But it's a good story, folks. So I think you guys are doing an awesome job, and I think this would be an awesome story cover Ben Matt Nol. You guys got to check it out.
Speaker 6: Dude, what a fella bro dude man oh man. I like to think of it as one word super oh.
Speaker 2: I told you that, all right. Well, and just before we even jump into the top, I will just point out that I did check out the Symbiosis Now podcast. You can find it on Apple or wherever you get your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Matt.
Speaker 2: You can listen to episode one fifty two of his podcast titled Read Readley's Biolab The Threat of Biological Warfare and Constant Corruption with the Local Skeptic. Kind of a long title there, bro dude man, I would say, you can. You could shorten them a little bit, but.
Speaker 6: You're gonna lose some of that and the the folds you know, and the cut of the read more.
Speaker 3: But also, it's not a glass house, it's a glass planet. We are fully aware that the name stuff they don't want you to know is a mouthful, and I think I think it might even actually irritate my cohort a little bit when I point that out in sales meetings.
Speaker 6: Come on, that's a good icebreaker. It's a good self deprecating icebreaker. You need those in business.
Speaker 2: That's our subtitle stuff they don't want you to know more than a mouthful.
Speaker 6: Great, yum yum, give me some So wait, okay, yeah, no, no, no, I think you know, under the highest of scrutiny and security, I think things like lab leaks are always of concern, you know what I mean. We sure are often hard to trace, you know. I mean there's a theory obviously that COVID resulted from something like that. So how does one run an unregulated lab that's dealing with highly volatile, you know, biological agents.
Speaker 2: Well, how does this happen? Let us explore. Uh, I'm gonna jump to ABC thirty out of that area of California. I believe they're they're reporting from Reedley, California. From KFSN. You can find this article titled Everything we Know about the Illegal reed Ley Lab, which is spelled r e E D l e Y by the way.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And in here they're taking information that was an update from the Department of Public Health that was given to the Fresno County Board of Supervisors. Here's some bunch of words. Ready officials found Prestige Biotech and Universal Medtech Incorporated had unauthorized biological agents, samples of bodily fluid, infectious diseases, COVID, and pregnancy tests, and nearly one thousand mice at the Readley facility illegal. All of that illegal without permits or permissions.
Speaker 6: Oh that's how you do it. You break the law. I got it.
Speaker 3: Oh and the owner surely is a native of Fresno or perhaps the United States. Tell me, Matt, tell me.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Yeah, everything's above board. Oh, we're going to get to that bend. We're gonna get to that. I want to read this quote really fast, bend, because this is from a code enforcement officer who showed up to the lab and started to discover these things. And I think it just speaks to the reason bro dude man is like or Exeaney Tyler. That's why it's like, what the heck is going on in our small town here? This is This is Jesselyn Harper. This is her quote. As I made contact with the workers on site, red flags started to go up. But I still, in my wildest dreams, wouldn't have realized what was inside the building and what they were actually storing on site. Again, that's a code enforcement officer that probably sees horrific things and buildings all over the area.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I walk into a kitchen and you're like, oh my gosh, what is this? But in this case, you're finding infectious diseases just chilling with some mice that may have been injected by that infectious disease.
Speaker 3: It's just funny because they're literally the diseases are literally chilling.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, exactly, information I find quite chilling. So well, yeah, been on.
Speaker 2: Ben, Let's jump to what you were bringing up. Tell us about these companies.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, yeah. So, you know, you get in situations sometimes you're in a lab or you're running a lab that might not be entirely on the books. That's the American dream, you know, you got to be the change. However, it seems like it seems like our code enforcement officer that you're talking about, Matt, Jesslin Harper. It seems that she started picking up some bread crumbs right or some some crime crumbs, and have found that the ultimate owners of this lab in Fresno were not us owners at all.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not us owners.
Speaker 3: So journey with US folks. Journey with US folks as well as with dude Broman. And imagine yourself is Jesslyn Harper. You walk into the kitchen just like Matt said, and you go, what on earth is going on? This is probably too many mice, you know, like a thousand mice, thousand lab ice. That's a lot story. And infections in freezers not the best look. There are bials of blood, you know, someone's collecting p and jars. We got to find out who owns this, because that's what a code enforcement officer does. And apparently, and apparently, when Harper looks into this, she finds that the owner of this lab lives in China and she has given what was it, Matt, a phone number or like an email address, like, hey, contact this person and get out of our kitchen. These are our thousand mice, These are our jars ape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's connected to a company that was at the time developing COVID tests. It's kind of weird that a Chinese company was operating, or at least an owner of a Chinese company or a Chinese national who was running a company was also running this, you know, lab.
Speaker 6: Uh. This reminds me of the talk we have, the talk like we're in the principal's office, the discussion we had about foreign interests owning land in America and how it doesn't always go both ways. You know. I just think to your point, I think it's very interesting and unusual, but uh.
Speaker 2: Not that unusual, right, I guess.
Speaker 6: So, I don't know, guys.
Speaker 3: We got to get into We got to get into more off the books labs. I think, for real, I think there's what human resources would call an area of opportunity, you know what I mean? Why don't we Why don't we open some labor tories abroad?
Speaker 2: Let's do it, guys. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can. This is a bit new to me, so I'm kind of taking in information on the fly here. But this prestige biotech company working in tandem with Universal Medtech Incorporated. It's very weird, according to ABC thirty and I've just checked it out and they're correct. If you go to the website for Universal Medtech Incorporated, their COVID nineteen antigen rapid test kit has been completely recalled. I don't know, turns out it actually gives you COVID. Well, I it freaks me out thinking about it. Right again, think about if you're running on your company is running unauthorized labs that have infectious diseases in them, right who knows what kind of precautions are being taken? And what if in a similar place, a similar lab like that, you're also manufacturing test kits, because you would need to produce at least components of that test kit in a lab of some sort. Right, Oh, this is really freaking me out a little more than I even thought. Hey, yay yay. But I don't know if there's a ton of information that's being uncovered right now. But ultimately, this is one tiny thing. This is a warehouse in Reedley, California, there was running a bad lab with actors that were kind of unknown. It's strange, but it's not the only lab by a frickin' long shot. When we spoke with Josh Clark. We keep bringing him up in the episode we made with him on these episodes because he made all these predictions about existential threats to humanity, one of them being biolabs.
Speaker 3: Basically, check out the show The End of the World with Josh Clark. It does hold up. It is prescient.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, Time Magazine or Time, I guess we should call it just put out an article on August thirty first, you know, half a month ago, and it is specifically talking about I'm gonna just give you the title, the Danger of Invisible biolabs across the US. And this article details just how many of these things have been accidentally discovered, like this one because there was a fire in the warehouse and you know, code enforcers had to come out and make sure the building was good to go, and then they stumble upon all the mice and you know, the lab equipment, or there's some kind of issue in another part of a large building and they just accidentally open the wrong door or I guess the right door.
Speaker 3: Or like a like a grow operation. There's a higher than average electricity usage month over month and some of that and.
Speaker 2: For a while everything seems fine. I have although they're just going to pay a higher electric bill. And then someone just decides, well, let me just actually physically take a look at this and you discover one of these labs. It feels like something we're going to be dealing with a lot more in the future. And I would love if possible, maybe we should get Josh back on the show, and let's just do an whole episode on these biolabs because I want to learn more.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, fine, Matt, if you want Josh back on the show, Conspiracy Realist, if you want Josh back on the show, let us know, just full disclosure. He's getting pretty deep with He doesn't call it illegal biolab, but he's pretty deep in what he calls his independent biolab. So we would have to you know, I have sweetened the deal maybe by the guy some mice, which I'm super down with. You know, if that's what we want to.
Speaker 2: Do, let's do it. All right, Well, thank you so much. Bro dude Man aka Tyler aka host of the Symbiosis Now podcast.
Speaker 6: Check you out.
Speaker 2: We will probably look into this further. I think we should. This is crazy. Yeah, my goodness, right back with more messages from.
Speaker 6: You, and we have returned with one final piece of correspondence from you. Yes you. In this case, the you in question is r J. Yeah, r J, or or the Human Bean. I love it. I love the Human Bean A B A, and yeah it's funny. I was actually, I think on the way to Florida, we stopped somewhere to you know, take a little pit stop, and there was a coffee shop called the Human Bean, which I found to be unsettling. It's sort of a Sweeney Todd kind of scenario. You know, there's a human meat in them beans. I don't know anyway, great nickname, not the best name for a coffee shop, I would argue, so Bean writes thusly, Hey, guys, love the show.
Speaker 2: A couple of.
Speaker 6: Thoughts that y'all can share on the show if you want. I think the Firefest guy should just try to capitalize on his failure before and put on the Firefest experience. It's like the Harry Potter experience, you know, the Jurassic parking experience, which is essentially just primitive camping with sad sandwiches for a few days on a private Ish island. Could still charge about the same and no real investment from his end. I think people with money to blow would eat it up. Being I would argue that's kind of already what he's doing with this firefest.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 6: You know, there's no details as to who's playing. The island location is undisclosed, and people are already eating it up because that's what people do. They want to be part of the meme. They want to be part of the story, and they don't care what they have to do to get there. It's very interesting, I'm really and who knows? It could be all smoking mirrors that any tickets have sold it all. I haven't gotten actual confirmation of that for many third party sources other missive here. Also, y'all talked about drug names, and I remember when bath salts became a thing and I thought they were actually just snorting legitimate bath salts, you and me both being. When I first heard, I was like, what is going on with this? Like I thought you could get high from stormy epsom salt. I didn't find out the truth until this year. Okay, little delay, but that's good, better late than ever. This this brings up something I think would be fun to talk about. First a minute, just the idea we talked about this in something. It came up the idea of analogs of drugs that fly under the radar of regulation because they're like one molecule different, you know, like delta eight, which is a THHC. Basically it's the same molecule as THC. It's just one molecules different or whatever. One component. I'm not a scientist is different.
Speaker 1: This was.
Speaker 6: There's there's a time when stuff that it was called spice was a thing. It was like this lab chemical that they would put on like tobacco or some other you know, smokable herb, and it so I've heard, got you really crazy high, and it was like kind of borderline could be dangerous. People would like not overdose on it exactly, but you know, it really was disorientingly strong, and I knew some people that kind of got on top of them. Bath salts was basically meth I mean, I don't know exactly the science of it, but it was essentially an analog to something like methamphetamines. And I in the city where I grew up, which has a bit of a ceed underbelly. I'm not gonna lie. Augusta, Georgia, described by Dave Chappelle as the whitest and blackest city in America, which I think is is accurate because it's got James Brown's from there, incredible you know musician and black musician. And then also it's like got the whitest golf tournament in the universe, the Masters. They only started letting black people play in it like last year. I'm exaggerating, but I knew some people that got really bad off on these basalts. It's crazy. You bought them at a headshop, you can buy them at the hookah store, and people were going into psychosis, experiencing crazy paranoia. I mean, it was absolutely a legitimate drug, but somehow, because it wasn't scheduled in its form, it was available. Do you guys remember the epidemic with all these lab chemicals. It was like a thing.
Speaker 2: I just remember the face eating the face.
Speaker 6: Eating the zombie guy. Yeah, that was a thing. But I mean, you know in the US, right in the US, that's right, because I mean, you know we've seen it in breaking bad and stuff. People that get really bad off on methamphetamines are really really strong. Yeah, well that's legal speed too. We just do just had some cheers with their energy drinks. But no, I mean people get really bad off on these powerful amphetamines or uppers compounds, from a lack of sleep to just it makes you absolutely go bonkers and people will start like picking scabs and stuff and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. And this bath Salts was doing the same thing to people. It seems to have been outlawed. I don't think you can get it anymore. But there was a time where you could just buy packets of this stuff at your local little you know who could counter.
Speaker 3: One can always find an analogue, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Talking about yeah, yeah, exactly, because there are always one step ahead of the regulations. Like like we always.
Speaker 3: Say recreational chemistry. It's I can say this recreational chemistry is a lot like rural Appalachia, a lot of kissing cousins, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: When I put in Google where to buy bath salts, it says target Amazon.
Speaker 6: I think we're talking about lavender type stuff here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: It's funny though, because that's what they called it. And it really was like a total sneak attack.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It was like literally trying to sell highly addictive and powerful drugs under the guy. So because you know, if if you looked at the packets of those, it would say clear as day, not for human consumption.
Speaker 7: But we knew, oh right, like how those frozen blocks of grape juice got sold during prohibition with specific directions on the cardoon that said, please don't do the following things that will.
Speaker 6: Create hy aka instructions.
Speaker 2: You know, do you guys remember Omega mart that.
Speaker 3: It's also in Vega, Las Vegas. I'm going, yeah, you guys want.
Speaker 6: To go, oh, let's go yeah, wow, I would love to along with you.
Speaker 2: But so they've got what, They've got a product list on their website, and one of them is Bliss one thousand X Extreme Bath Salts. And the the way they describe it is, ever, get punched in the face with Paradise, now's your chance, grab relaxation by the throat with Bliss Extreme bath Salts in tropical rage.
Speaker 3: So amazing, That's amazing. But this this idea, though, this what we're describing here, I think we're raising a really good point, the idea that there might be one story that pops in the national zeitgeist, right and now someone got their face bit and that has happened before it has happened, since it might be happening right now, hopefully not to you as you're listening.
Speaker 8: Oh god, yeah, what if someone's like, nah, nah, I can hear I can hear the show over someone chomping into the bone.
Speaker 3: These headphones are great. This thing that you're describing here is a important point of order and perspective, right like to your point, NOL. You may hear about an analog drug that acquires some sort of viral status in mass media, but you are not going to hear about the many, many other things that work just as terribly. I think the US on its own had a very difficult time acknowledging the dangers of things like fentanyl because it no longer became a fun quote unquote Florida man's story.
Speaker 6: That's right. It's a whack a mole kind of situation, you know. I mean it really truly is, because you you can tweak it a million different ways. So so that was that. Those are the two little bits that being a human being suggested that we chat about. I think we have checked that box. The most important part of this email is the first part. I kind of went in reverse. I have an unrelated question I'm taking my wife to Atlanta for her birthday and we'll be staying downtown near the aquarium or there any places out there in walking distance, y'all would recommend food or activities or anything. Also, we're looking for a good Korean barbecue you. If you all know of any, we'd be willing to get an uber for that. If there isn't one close really quickly, I will recommend a Korean barbecue place that is close. Probably not the best in town, but there is one called Park twenty seven that's on Peachtree and it's like if it's not walking distance from the aquarium area, it's like super super close. Obviously, the best place to get Korean barbecue is any spot on Buford Highway. It's an embarrassment of riches of world cuisine and it's really something that you should check out. So I think we'd all recommend you catch that uber and go get the real deal out there. Do you have a favorite Korean barbecue spot out that way or one in town.
Speaker 3: That I will disclose.
Speaker 6: You don't want to blow up your spot, Come on.
Speaker 3: Man, So I agree what you're saying about. Park Park is downtown. It's a close ride It's also the one thing I can't remember is well they or not they charge for banchin.
Speaker 2: They do not?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, so that that passes was good.
Speaker 6: They also do like a cheese corn on the side.
Speaker 3: You know what is it? Is it D ninety two?
Speaker 6: That one in downtown Decatur is very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's legit. It's a longer uber ride, it.
Speaker 6: Is, but it's you know, but that's the cute area too to check out. You can park and eat there and then walk around.
Speaker 3: But if we're if we're looking for walking distance, Uh, the the main thing I don't I don't know if you love this sort of stuff, but I think all of us love propagandistic museums. It's one of my favorite things in the country. And you are right now. First off, the aquarium awesome, it's great. Hang out there. It's worth it. You are also walking distance from the legendary world of Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: Ya.
Speaker 3: How would you describe the world of co Co Cola to someone who hasn't visited.
Speaker 2: It's like a family friendly Claremont lounge. Wait what, First of.
Speaker 6: All, just run right, run, don't walk right to the Claremont Lounge. That's the institution. That's okay, I'm gonna think on that one for a minute, Matt.
Speaker 3: There are levels to that one. Well done.
Speaker 6: It's it's sort of like it's a small world at Disney or something like that, but with soft drinks. It's like it's like Spaceship Earth. But about the history of Coca Cola, doesn't it have like animatroniky things and like moving kind of diorama type stuff.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of old advertising back in the day. There was an opportunity you would it got Willy Wonka esque. At the end, you walk into this room where there are these spectacles of soda fountains shooting little arcs, and then open your mouth. You get to try every soda that Coca Cola makes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then of course the worst one is an Italian de justif named Beverly or something like that.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a war crime for your mouth. Beverly is terrible and it's part of the experience. But Noel, I would say, you guys, check me on this. I would say, the world of Coca Cola is like if North Korea was a soda. That's that's the music. It's got some it's got some.
Speaker 6: Frankly guys.
Speaker 2: I haven't been there.
Speaker 6: I've been once and it was when I was very little, so memory, I would love to go with y'all. It's it's one of those things, like people live in New York and never go to the freaking statue. Matt, your neighborhood bar is about to close. The Rusty Nail stop, texted me. Dad literally just texted me he used to go there.
Speaker 3: I only know about that place because you met Well.
Speaker 2: It was my favorite bar with like that you're not sure when you walk in there, like are these people okay? And that I might you know, like who I vote for and how I feel about politics? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Am I actually gonna get tetanus from all these rusty nails? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The staff is always amazing there in the food is just Oh. But after the fifties, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We all out after wartime. I went in one time fifty years half a century and the closing, Matt. I went the first time I went in. It was to meet you and uh, some of your old friends. And I saw a guy legitimately playing with a knife.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Oh, and they had like a barbecue shaped like a gun outside in the front so you know, if you're going out Buford Highway Way, no hoping by the old rusty nail.
Speaker 2: No, they're not gonna hear. It's already closed this Saturday. This is that's that's.
Speaker 6: A quick show.
Speaker 3: So there are also there are also some wonderful, uh wonderful comedic venues. You can always catch a show at Dad's Garage in Atlanta, where you can see folks like our various good friends of stuff they don't want you to know perform there regularly. It is improv but it is good.
Speaker 2: It is yeah. Or my favorite, my favorite Korean barbecue place is called the Vortex Bar and grill you head there.
Speaker 6: Classic classic, Yeah, it's definitely an iconic Atlanta location. You might good black beans soup there. But Korean barbecue plays I like them. Howay is called iron Age and they play like you know, K pop videos on these giant projector screens and it's just good, solid, you know, it's it's very very good quality stuff.
Speaker 3: The High Museum is great. That's that's a super hit. Again. It's an uber ride to be clear, where where you're at the aquarium is sort of the big ticket item. However, you are less than you're less than a twelve minute lift or uber ride away from some really really cool things. We're very excited to know you guys are visiting. Can we say it, Noel, Matt, Can we say it on air?
Speaker 6: Like, let us know, let us we've met, We've hung out with people before. The local we talk about all the time, which is has been saved by the way. We thought it was closing because of these developer douchebags, but they apparently scaled down their project, and that I think is it's some of the best chicken wings in town and just a good old bar. They do like a karaoke thing on Monday nights, and we love the local. This a is a good starting places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't don't miss Grady Memorial Hospital either.
Speaker 3: It's a number of one trauma unit.
Speaker 6: Really on the weekend, really fine, really really popping in the er.
Speaker 3: On a wee. Wishing you the best if you get in a situation, and don't worry, I've been there as well. Okay, so if you get in a situation, you know, good people watching.
Speaker 2: There's seven people in Atlanta that are loving this right now, and everybody else is like what.
Speaker 3: Places to skip? I would skip Centennial Olympic Park. I know it's walking distance from where you guys are. There's not really a lot of shade. Uh, there's nothing happening there unless there's a big.
Speaker 6: Event, there's a concert or something.
Speaker 3: And if there's a concert or something, absolutely The Civil Rights Museum is right by the World of I haven't been once again. I really want to go.
Speaker 6: And if you're into football, isn't there like a college football Hall of Fame or something like that as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's college Football Hall of Fame that's like right up the way from the There's the Apex Museum, which is I think worth the trip. It depends on whether you guys like museums. Honestly, if we're giving you we don't do advice. But if we're giving you observations, the trips for your wife, man, so figure out what she wants to do and then just do that.
Speaker 2: If she's into flying, Doc Holliday says, the Delta Museum is the Delta Museum.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's in Hateville, which is closer to the airport, further away from the Atlanta metro area. But it is amazing. You can walk through the old planes, you can they won't let you fly one in case.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 9: They do have a Delta flight simulator that you can do for four.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Also I can see it on air. I've got to connect with the simulator if you guys, you guys know, I'm working on that connect bro. I yeah, you want to go, you want to try to.
Speaker 6: I'm actually taking a real flight tomorrow, so I don't need a simulator.
Speaker 2: This says, well, that's awesome, but the simulators for one to four people.
Speaker 6: All of us could go, But is it is it four hundred bucks a person?
Speaker 2: Not if we got to connect, that's right.
Speaker 6: Start, I forgot about the sim connect That sounds yeah.
Speaker 3: We're all also all going on a real flight as well. This is so cool. We love stuff like this, Nol. I'm so glad that we're we're giving some solid res And as you said, Matt, yes, maybe this is only interesting to a certain number of people or entities, but Atlanta is a great town there. It's strange that it exists at all in the first place. It exists entirely because of railroads, and it is an inland city wherein railroads replace the roll of water and navigable waterways. And then airlines replaced the role of railroads as a result. Very fortunate.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: There is so much greenery in this city. It is one of the street names of Atlanta is the city in a forest. So you will you will be able to see lovely places like Piedmont Park. It's super cool. Uh, there's always something happening there. Get some get some chicken wings, as you pointed out, and get some Korean barbecue. Please do visit Buford Highway. Putford Highway is so cool.
Speaker 6: If you're out that way, check out Lee's Bakery for the pa and bond me experience. That's that's hands down the best in town. Probably some of the best you'll have anywhere. But I don't know, these are all solid. Also, one thing that I don't know if you guys have noticed this out that way as well, and in like champ Chambly and that area, there are a ton of these new kind of Japanese lifestyle type stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What were we talk I've been the one that I just went to.
Speaker 3: Uh, we talked about Tesco Life.
Speaker 6: Tesco Life it's like a you know shop with like you know, they sell like body washes and lotions and they also sell like blind boxes and they have like tons of claw machines, and you know, if you're into that kind of stuff, there's tons of fun stuff to be had out there. But I think I think we've we've we've given some solid res had some chats. Uh. This is a fun email. Thank you the human being.
Speaker 2: One less thing. If you want to get weird with it. There's a place that I've only been to one time, but I remember going there. I remember what it was like. It's called the Imperial Fez. It's a weird restaurant. Do you guys know this.
Speaker 3: It's a little but it's an experience.
Speaker 2: It's for me. I forget putting it.
Speaker 6: On the list.
Speaker 3: I love it lot school. I'll take you. Yeah, it's it's Stipe. Also, Matt, you mentioned Vortex in earlier Korean bar a cute joke because you were alluding to the laughing skull lounge. Correct with the stand up copah can't wait. Let us know. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna email you. I'm gonna email you my friend with with a list of these recommendations and then Noel, Matt, maybe we can chime in with this stuff. But as you can tell, You're right, nol this. I think this made our evening. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to write in, to talk with us, to share stories with your fellow conspiracy realist. As we said, by the time you're hearing this, we will have already hopped a plane, will be wheels up to Las Vegas and hopefully return safely. Now, Matt, you've been to Vegas, Noel, this is gonna be your first time.
Speaker 6: It is, and seriously considering possibly going stag as you can get really cheap or cheaper single seats to go see the circusile a Beatles show Love which I've just Oh, I've been wanting to see it for so long, But I'm certainly down for a company. If you all are into it, we should talk about that offline. But I'm excited. Man, it just seems kind of like the theme park of a town. What could be wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Indeed, shout out to Darren Aronofsky Guy that we are like kind of connected to through work. He's putting on a show at that sphere place like on Instagram. I was watching one of his reels. His team is like editing on that giant screen. It just looks incredible, So maybe we can stop by the sphere.
Speaker 3: See what maybe again. Also shout out to Rob yin are interested to learn more about his opinions on the JFK assassination.
Speaker 6: Shout out to for another time right.
Speaker 3: Saturday Morning cartoon. Shout out to you, Shout out to bro Dude Man aka Tyler, and shout out to RJ. Shout out to everybody who has tuned in and will tune in in the future. What do you think? What do you recommend in the weirdest parts of the world. We cannot wait to hear from you. Everybody, stay safe, and most importantly, we want you to join the stuff they don't want you to know. We try to be easy to find online.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought you were going to say the stuff they don't want you to know army like the Kiss Army or the sisk Army. Now I'm off the armies now yeah, Well, for good reason. They keep spending a one hundred million dollars on planes and losing them stuff. It was good. They did a good job with the tech, just not so much with the losing. You can indeed do those things. Join our army, our militia, our cult of personality, You can find us online at the handle conspiracy stuff, where we exist on Facebook, YouTube, x nay Twitter say, I'm saying x nay Twitter, which is also kind of fun. Did you hear that he's gonna put the whole thing behind it paywall and it's just gonna absolutely torpedo it. I think he's trying to torpedo it on purpose, it just as it just feels like it. He's got alterior motives. He's trying. He's mad that he had to buy it, and now he's doing something to like sell it at a loss like you do with bad stock.
Speaker 3: He just texted me, I can't say it.
Speaker 6: Fair enough enough. You can also find us on Instagram and TikTok at the handle conspiracy stuff show.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you like calling people with your phone? Call one eight three three std w y t K. Also put that number in your phone as a contact in case, what do we say? The void reaches back? No? What is it?
Speaker 3: Sometimes the void calls back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, because it might happen, you'd never ever know. It's not ominous. I promise, Hey, when you do call in, give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your message of voice on the air. That's all you need to know. Three minutes say whatever you want. If you got more to say than can fit in that message, why not instead send us. It's a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they don't want you to know. Is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.