Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. We have a day full of headlines and we have so much to cover today.
Speaker 2: I wish that we could start by talking about the True Detective Siri. No, sorry, not series season finale. Yes, but you wouldn't watch the show with me. This is huge on HBO. By the way, season finale knows watched. Season finale was Sunday night. You've skipped an entire season. I've now learned. You've never watched anywhere.
Speaker 1: Speaking an entire franchise, I haven't watched. I didn't even watch the one because the big one was what Matthew McConaughey and his brother.
Speaker 2: Harrelson ten years ago. It came out this year and you're you're ten years late? Are You're not going to even try?
Speaker 1: Look, you know, I just jumped into the office, So that's true. And I was like thirteen years late on Game of Thrones. So just give me time. You know, by the time we're fifty, you know, you're fifty, I'll be what sixty something, We'll I'll jump into it.
Speaker 3: You're seeing in twenty years? What is the math?
Speaker 1: No, okay, everybody is talking about it, so I know I'm missing out. Are these sequential? I know they change stars and all that. Do I need to go all the way back and watch them.
Speaker 2: No, each season stands alone. I'll be honest. I was not a fan of season two. I don't even think I ever finished it. So true Detectives had some ups and downs. Like the first season Woody here elseon Matthew McConaughey absolutely crushed, incredible mystery, a little scary. Second season was Vince Vaughn and somebody not good.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you who the big who you think the best stars have been?
Speaker 3: Well, definitely season one?
Speaker 1: Sorry tons?
Speaker 2: Yeah, third season Mahershela Ali and Stephen Dorf it was pretty good. And then fourth season Jody Foster and a newcomer whose name I'm forgetting so I'm gonna look her up.
Speaker 3: But she's incredible. I think she's even kind of new to acting.
Speaker 2: But each season stands on its own, and there are some little nods that like kind of connect them, but it's totally a standalone story. You don't need to have seen them to understand the other seasons, and.
Speaker 3: It's so good and it's doing really well for HBO.
Speaker 2: And what makes me happy about it too is that it's been a show that's on every week, like not being dropped just to binge. Like, so my sister and mom and I have been watching it and talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're gonna plug what you're watching while you look that up, I agree, because I've been watching Masters of the Year on Apple.
Speaker 3: Is this the show about World War Two?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's based around World War Two.
Speaker 3: The pilots, world War two content.
Speaker 1: By the way, yes, I do this. This comes from Hanks, the playtone crew, Spielberg. So the best, hands down mini series ever was Band of Brothers, based on our invasion of World War Two, the Greatest Generation from D Day on. Then they took it to the Pacific, which was also good, but Band of Brothers was hands down the best ever. The same crew is now doing taking it to the Air. It's kind of Band of Brothers, of our pilots and our bombers. It is just gut wrenching, brutal. But to your point, I like it's Friday to Friday. Every Friday, a new episode drops the anticipation. My boys and night. We talk about it at the golf course, and it's fun to kind of have something you have to anticipate and look forward to it, and it gives you a week to kind of take in what you just saw because it's heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and true to you know what kind of Similarly true Detective is a mystery, So you're kind of processing analyzing the episode and you get a lot more out of it mentally than if you would just sit and binge it all and like get the answer right away.
Speaker 1: Gain.
Speaker 3: I liked trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: What I did to Game of Thrones was should be illegal. I watched so much of it so quickly you're not meant to ingest it like that. I was getting years and years, decades of performances, casting changes. You know, it was too much.
Speaker 2: The TV is that good when it's on that scope and it's of that quality acting writing. Again, if something's like a mystery, you wanted to unveil slowly. You want to enjoy it and savor it, and you want to discuss it with people. And when that TikTok trend was going around of guys thinking about the Roman Empire all the time. Yeah, and people were like, why do women were finding out that they're straight? Male partners thought about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 1: How often do you think about the Roman Empire?
Speaker 2: I thought that was a little misguided. I think it's World War two.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody that ever thinks about the Roman Empire that. I don't know who thought that up, because that's nobody. I would say, zero, nobody world War two. There's not a man around of adult age that doesn't think about World War Two five times a week.
Speaker 3: What is the interest factor?
Speaker 1: The interest factor was and is especially for people my age, is it was not that long before we were all born. I mean it's you know, we're talking thirty years separated. So people are our grandfathers, some of our fathers, even if they were old enough, were involved in this, and it was it was just so impactful, obviously the Holocaust and everything that went into all of World War Two, and then it obviously going into the Pacific theater. It was just something that still mesmerises and captures our generation on a lot of levels. It's just something honestly, when I watch I just see these young men, I'm just I am so amazed, and I'm thinking about this generation of We talked about this at lunch. We literally talked about World War Two at lunch today with me and friends. Yeah, me and our friends. There was four of us, and I said, you know, honestly, and it's I'm not dogging on this generation, but I'm like, what would happen with this generation if they had to go to war? Like the Greatest generation storming the beaches of Normandy or in this case Masters of the Air. They knew ninety percent chance going up on these missions, they weren't coming back.
Speaker 3: And these are kids eighteen ninets.
Speaker 1: Are eighteen to twenty five year old men that are pilots in bombardiers and gunneries, you know, in the It's just it's crazy how brave these men were and how they did it day in and day out, and mentally what this must have done to them emotionally. I just try to put myself in their shoes, and it just shakes you to the core.
Speaker 2: It is so interesting when you think about what someone like, all the different life places that an adult around like age eighteen, nineteen or twenty can be in, like even today, and I hear what you're saying my grandfather, I never met him. He died before I was born, but he fought in World War Two. And when you think of I even think about my grandparents on my mom's side, who had kids at eighteen, Like you know, but even today, you can be eighteen and you might have a child and be working in supporting a family, or you might be a freshman in college and totally financially dependent on your parents. You can lead all sorts of different lives entering adulthood. But yeah, it would be interesting to see. I mean, God forbid, I hope we don't have a war tomorrow, but I just wanted to ask you about it, because, for example, I don't think there's the same interest fascination with like Vietnam. And I don't know if that's because World War Two has so many different I think you're also interested in like the way the battles went and the strategy and all that well, and.
Speaker 1: Vietnam captured our imaginations for decades too, just because of the draft. And when I turned eighteen, you had to register for the draft.
Speaker 3: And that's wait, something's hitting me right now. Sorry, I finished. I think so that's just it.
Speaker 1: It's something that all of us that.
Speaker 3: So you registered for the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea was just commonplace when when I was of the agent. I don't know, I don't think you still do, like I don't know if Joshua did. But when I turned eighteen, you know, you get your license, you get the voting and all that stuff, and then you would register for the draft. And obviously that has not happened since Vietnam and our country, and you think about what's happening in Ukraine right now, and they're forcing people to go to the front lines up to sixty years old. It's crazy, but it wasn't that long ago, Like you're talking about Vietnam, where we were, you know, kind of forced into action and forced into military service for our country. And you think about what would happen to this generation. And one of the guys I was with at launch said, well, that's now they are almost playing video games because they're drone pilots and they're you know, doing this from thousands of miles away. It's very different warfare, very interesting.
Speaker 3: That's true, very different than being their face to face.
Speaker 1: But it's something that stuck with me when I was in high school that that was because that was our fathers, that was our father's age who were going to Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's been yeah, it's been a while since. I mean again, you're talking about like this generation like I was in high school in nine to eleven happened and I mean so the Iraq War, Like you know, I know people who've my cousin's husbands in the war, and so it's that's more. I think millennials still have that. But yeah, gen Zers and the generation below them, like they have not really lived and felt. I think that's maybe why people sort of like find found Ukraine so shocking or something almost like as if war couldn't happen anymore, because it's been so long since we've been actively part of something and where people have had friends or a lot of friends in an active war situation. But yeah, well that really took a turn. But Okay, here's something I think I just figured out. So women, like I'm watching True Detective, you're watching this World War two show. Yes, I feel like women can get very into true crime. We're very into like true crime shows, podcasts, you know, docuseries, and then like and I'm totally making broad sweeps here, but then men were saying, can be very into World War two, and I just realized, maybe it's because of like what we think we might face or what we grew up, grew up wondering if we might face this at some point. That's interesting, Like women are taught be afraid walking to your car in a parking garage, you know, like your home can get broken into, you can, like we're taught to be on guard, and then you grew up knowing you'd have to sign up for the draft, and like warps at interesting. Okay, we need to consult a therapist on this. It makes sense if anyone else has thoughts or please please wait. And I'm always interested in where our obsessions come from. And if you've been watching True Detective, I'm going to try to get you to watch I think you'd love season one. And it still holds up because even when it came out, it was like set in the nineties, so it was always if it doesn't feel dated.
Speaker 1: I tried to watch The Mister and Missus Smith Show.
Speaker 3: Didn't love that.
Speaker 2: Man, I love that movie so much. I'm like, I didn't really feel like I needed a TV show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was upsetting. Didn't didn't make it through more than a couple episodes and had to bail. It was not pretty okay, what was wrong with it? Everything?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just it's really slow and just yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, that whole concept, the concept of the movie is only long enough for a movie to me, because it was like they didn't know each other was a spy, and then by the end of the movie they've you know, they figured out each other is a spy. So is it the same concept for the show?
Speaker 1: This was no, they were kind of cast together to be spies and they.
Speaker 2: So then why are we calling mister and missus Smith? Why isn't it just new spy show?
Speaker 1: Yeah it should have been. Yeah, I'm not sure because it really was.
Speaker 2: Because our industry is obsessed with remakes and sequels and we can't ever do anything.
Speaker 1: Gott to have intellectual property, right.
Speaker 2: Even though you know, Oppenheimer and Barbie crushed it. Let's talk headlines, you know, right off the bat, I will say People's Choice Awards were Sunday night and we didn't watch them. I was watching True Detectives, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm the trend is going well. The ratings were pretty solid, and I'm glad to see that award shows are ticking up. Speaking of TV and TV fails, did you hear the NBC Morning show The Today Show? Kelly Roland was supposed to well, she did appear. She was booked for an appearance early on, and then she was supposed to stay and she was booked to be a co host with Hota Kopy in that final hour that's kind of more you know, free lifestyle stuff, and Kelly Roland allegedly her and her team kind of threw a fit because they weren't happy with their green room, with their dressing room at NBC, and they walked off. She left, She left Hota copy in a lurch, no co host. Long story short, they ended up getting Rita Aura, who was there, and she said, sure, I'll fill in, and she just stayed. Good for you, rit Aura for pick that up and just doing that. But so bizarre.
Speaker 2: When I first saw this, I was a little shocked because now, and I never say that I know someone just from interviewing them, but I've interviewed.
Speaker 3: Kellen rolland a couple of times.
Speaker 2: She was always very nice, did not give me a diva vibe at all, And I've never really heard that about her in the industry, like she's always I've never heard any stories. You know, some people you hear stories, but her I never had heard any. And if this is true, like I will say, my spidy sense goes up a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is there more of the story? Because it does so weird.
Speaker 1: I know it's true. I mean, I know the story is true.
Speaker 2: Like you know that she was supposed to host guest host and she did not end up guest hosting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I agree this doesn't pass the smell test. There is more to this story somewhere. Now. There is a weird kind of sub story to this, and that is there was a room upstairs that they, I guess thought would work and Jennifer Lopez was up there.
Speaker 2: I love how many people were in this building at one time. It does speak to it. And let me do Kelly Jlo and her.
Speaker 3: Team are in that green room.
Speaker 1: And let's just say, New York those buildings really do suck. They are so old. Ur et building, you guys worked in a closet the ABE. I've been in the ABC building twenty times over the years. I was hosting on Good Morning America, the View you name it, they all are tiny. I mean even Kelly and Regis, Kelly and Ryan now Mark and Kelly, those studios are atrocious. I mean you are in a closet and that's Kelly Rippas.
Speaker 3: This is why don't you're tiny?
Speaker 1: They're tiny.
Speaker 3: This is why I don't get it. Because Kelly Roland has been in this industry since she was a teenager and does she's been on these shows. She knows how small these dressing rooms are like. And you're totally right. I mean in New York, especially, our et offices are like I'm not exaggerating the size of an apartment.
Speaker 1: And when you're on the to Night's show, The Old Show with David Letterman there at the Old Theater, that's the same office that et us. You guys are right above them right now.
Speaker 2: When I say our offices are the size of the apartment, I mean picture that one sort of normal size apartment is holding like five people's offices, a group of desks in a tiny interview room space.
Speaker 3: It's not big there.
Speaker 1: And that's everybody in New York. Nobody's better or worse, ABC, NBCCBS, They're all terrible. And that's just because these buildings are old and you can't renovate them. So it is what it is, and it doesn't matter where you go. Foul into late night show. Now, I will say, if you come to Hollywood, it's better like Kimmel's bigger, Like his rooms were a little bigger because you know, they were able to build those theaters later and they could renovate them a little different.
Speaker 2: If this is true, if this was the only reason, well then I say, I could never imagine walking out when I was supposed to go yea guest co host live hour of television and leaving people.
Speaker 3: In the lurch.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious why. I was gonna ask you why.
Speaker 2: Because I've been in this industry and I know how crazy hard that would be.
Speaker 3: And I know I know that you're throwing off.
Speaker 2: People who wouldn't be at fault for this, Like the producers have worked at this, the crew is ready to film, all you know, dozens of people.
Speaker 1: You're screwing over a lot of people who had nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's their jobs, and like you know, it's not their fault that the dressing room isn't big.
Speaker 3: So I could never imagine doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I would love for Kelly Roland to speak about this, because I agree there has to be more to this story because it just doesn't smell. This doesn't pass the smell test. Something something. I hope there's more me too. Speaking of j Lo, ben Fleck wrote her a bunch of private love letters, and ben Fleck was apparently taken aback when his wife j Loo shared with other songwriters all those private love letters. Awkwardly enough, Ben came home to see all of his love letters being passed around to all these other songwriters. J Lo was, you know, using these letters. I guess they were the impetus for her movie that's coming out, which we have to talk about when we watch it.
Speaker 2: This is me now, Yes, So, okay, there is a Variety article and I love a good old school celebrity profile piece because they so.
Speaker 3: Rarely happen anymore.
Speaker 2: And the reporter is very honest in it, like opens up the article saying, you know, Jayload canceled on him a couple times. He was finally getting to her house to interview her for this new album and documentary and film Triple Threat she's releasing. Says that he had to sign an NDA when he came on property which she didn't really understand because he's there to interview her and then publish her answers.
Speaker 3: And it's a fascinating profile.
Speaker 2: And she talks in it about how like nobody understands this piece, nobody knew what she was doing. She really wanted to tell her love story of her and Ben, of her past marriages that didn't work out. So I'm fascinated and it's doing well, Like the movie has been critically well received, the album is doing well, so props to Jlo. She financed the thing herself. I've heard it is kind of wild and incomprehensible. But would I be mad if I was Ben Affleck and my wife had pulled out our love letters?
Speaker 1: Well, you and I, you and I write each other letters all the time, and notes and things, And if you came home and me and all my boys were sitting around drinking beers and passing them around, wouldn't you be taken? Aback?
Speaker 2: I you got to clear that with somebody one hundred So you know, obviously he's probably aware of their love story is the base for like this movie and this album. But that's so personal, and to share those love letters with a.
Speaker 1: Group of people without you asking no, I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, and Ben apparently even said to her like, well, I kind of thought part of the magic here was that like this was private, right, and and you're calling it you know, he viewed it as the greatest love story never told.
Speaker 3: And then I.
Speaker 1: Would be very disappointed in you. I would be upset.
Speaker 3: What are other things?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What are I'm just thinking of?
Speaker 2: I don't know we've talked about this before, because like my girlfriends and I'll kind of talk about our relationship and like, I'm sure you talk to your friends about you know, guys talk about marriage and stuff.
Speaker 3: What is the line?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the difference too, and guys talk to wonder about this too. With women, women are much more free to talk about your sex life. Men do not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear that, but I mean but with I mean yes, but like women, it's also I'm thinking, I don't I don't want to get too much into like the weeds on the sex part of it, because that's a whole other conversation. I guess I'm now thinking about like intimate personal emotional details, because again I think that's something where women share more and probably male partners might be annoyed if they knew how much were sharing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, any honestly, there's just things we don't need to know. Don't tell us you're telling it all ya, okay, Like let us live in ignorant bliss and we don't. I don't need to know that you are spilling the secrets about every part of my family, the dirtiest, deepest things, because look a I think you need to share. I think women need to share those things. You need to bounce these emotions off somebody. We don't need to know that you're doing that. I think everybody wins in this scenario.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for giving me that freedom.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like you're lying to me. I don't feel like you're you're I think it's important.
Speaker 2: Is to trust your partner, to know that they're going to make those good decisions, and if you know them, you know how far they'll go. Like the difference for me with this Ben and JL thing is that she was showing the exact love letters. Like there's some different about summarizing versus directly quoting someone I might tell my friends.
Speaker 3: Well, Chris was really upset.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say he said this, and the director just to explain.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris wrote me letters every day leading up to our wedding. It really meant a lot to me. He really bared his soul whatever. That exactly as opposed to laying them out. It's but here's another question too about j Lo, because the way you talk about her, she's a diva in.
Speaker 3: The best way.
Speaker 1: That's That's what I was going to say. There's certain people in this world that I kind of want to be a diva. Madonna share j Lo, and there is a double standard because if anybody else acted like that, they would be called on the carpet and just be ripped apart. I'm sorry, that's how I want my j Lo. That's just I want her to be a diva. That's how I expect her to be. So Joe Manger, the guy.
Speaker 3: Who used to be married to so Fia Vergara.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they got divorced. They broke up what five months ago, and he just went Instagram official with a girlfriend, Caitlin O'Connor, also an actress, and apparently they met at a party last September and have been dating since then. Kind of sounds familiar. They kind of kept things under wraps for several months, and they have just gone public with their Valentine's Week that they had together. People the big question, you know, is this too soon? Moving too quickly? No, what's too quickly? What's too quickly?
Speaker 3: Sophia Fragar has been reported to be dating people too well.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. If Joe, one of the reasons he broke up, I think he's in his forties, young forties. One of the reasons he broke up and wanted to move on is he wants kids.
Speaker 3: And you might be on a faster timeline.
Speaker 1: He might be on a faster timeline. His biological clock is ticking. Apparently that's why Sophia Vgar left shouldn't want to be an old mom. He wants kids.
Speaker 3: So and Sophia said that herself.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I'm not outing anybody. So it's it's not the craziest thing that he's probably looking for a partner.
Speaker 2: Nuts I'm always more so looking not so much at how quickly you're moving on after a relationship, but how quickly you're moving period. And by that I mean I just feel like when people break up, we never really know what's going on behind closed doors, how long it was really falling apart, you know, and no one else knew or whatever. To me, it's just more how quickly are you moving? Like I will say, I'm not the biggest champion of speeding into a relationship. I know, statistically, I know very few relationships that have lasted and worked out well when people met moved in really quickly, got married really quickly. Like I'm just a big believer that time helps ensure longevity.
Speaker 1: And you know, I also know that considering what you and I did and how much we kept secret and behind the scenes until we went public. They you know, there's a lot we don't know. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg by this latest post. So I'm sure they have done their due diligence. They've spent months together. So it's something that comes as a shocking surprise to those that are fans of theirs, because oh my god, this just happened, and oh they're moving in already, And no, they've been. They've been falling in love for months now, So good for them. I wish them the best. A couple stories about Jason and Travis kelce Taylor Swift. First of all, Travis Kelcey was given the honor at the People's Choice Awards of the Athlete of the Year, which I didn't know they did at the Did they just invent that for Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Like I said, I'm the People's Choice Awards, I truly didn't until I sort of saw it coming up on social media yesterday.
Speaker 3: I truly didn't remember that. It was like a thing that happened.
Speaker 1: Do you have any thoughts on the Athlete of the Year?
Speaker 3: If I think you as what are we basing that on?
Speaker 1: What are we?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the People's Choice the words?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who would your athlete of the Year have been? Lauren's ema? I can't.
Speaker 2: Mine would have been Travis Kelsey because he's the only one I can name, and he's done cool things. He just won the Super Bowl, and he's like building a dynasty in that way, So that feels like a good choice that I could have made. Look, what's interesting to me about Travis Kelcey's fame right now is that I think it really has the potential for him to create now that he's with Taylor a the Rock like career, Like he's an entertaining guy's I've seen some clips from his podcast.
Speaker 3: He's funny. If he can.
Speaker 2: My prediction is he makes the jump into film and television and some additional way. Yeah, and he could crush it there. And to me, that's great, Like I'd love to see more of that. I can't really think of another athlete since the rock Wells.
Speaker 1: Look what Gronk has done his popularity of who he is as his endorsements. He's appeared everywhere. He's done massively well, and he is minuscule compared to what Kelsey is. The only thing I would say on the People's Choice Awards was a huge miss. Number one. He's not even the best player on the Chiefs. It's Patrick Mahomes. So Patrick wasn't nominated, and Patrick wasn't nominated. But here's what I think they because it's a bunch. I'm guessing it's the young ladies, the swifties who voted for him and made.
Speaker 3: Him you think.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, young ladies, you missed. The best story in sports over the last two years is a young woman named Caitlin Clark. She is a basketball star University of Iowa, breaking every record in fact, last week, the all time scoring record in Cuba hoops Caitlyn Clark has changed the game of basketball. Women's INCAA basketball ratings are off the charts because of Caitlyn Clark. She is a phenomenon right now, hands down the Athlete of the Year. Caitlyn Clark. It was a mess that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that you like when you get to talk about sports.
Speaker 1: That's it. No. I just think it would have been perfect too. Just a young woman. They should have propped up.
Speaker 3: Was she nominated?
Speaker 1: No, that's the craziest thing. It was like Lebron James, Coco Goff, who's an amazing young tennis player, Jannis hoops star, Lione Messi of course at Miami, a soccer player, Sabrina ianis Nescu who's a female basketball player and she's awesome, some own Biles, you know, and Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: Wait, didn't Coco golf win big this year?
Speaker 1: She's been playing great. Yeah, she's had a really good year. But this other story about Travis Kelsey and Jason are is pretty interesting, and that is since dating Taylor Swell, he had to move. People were all over his house and his property, going through his trash, et cetera. And he has moved. And then I think he said, like the first day he moved to his new place, someone was like knocking on his window.
Speaker 2: I think this is something that is so not talked about enough, and it is scary.
Speaker 1: The invasion of privacy.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, now, you know, years ago celebrities were already bombarded, but now with like the advent of technology in the week, you can like look up where people live and and track private jets and do all these things. It's actually very scary because there are real and true stalkers out there. Taylor and Swift has dealt with someone Ariana Grande's dealt with people like breaking and successfully breaking into their homes multiple times. And it blows my mind when like I am going to come in defense of like people have come after Taylor Swift for flying on a private jet.
Speaker 3: How is she supposed to get.
Speaker 1: Around you imagine her walking through the Austin airport getting on a Southwest flight.
Speaker 2: They if people are coming to where her boyfriend lives, right, how is she supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be boyfriend's mom? Mam m Kelsey can't even I mean then.
Speaker 3: How is she supposed to just go get on an airplane?
Speaker 1: It's you know, people the argument of they asked for this. They're millionaires. Whoa crime a river? I'm sorry, I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna snuff that out. I agree. It's not often you'll take up for the billionaires or one hundred millionaires. Their life is not normal. They cannot live a normal life. They can't go to a restaurant. Just you remember the video of Taylor Swift when her jet was picked up. She tried to sneak in and go to that wedding and that small town. Oh yeah, and thousands of people showed up and just it ruined it.
Speaker 2: Like listen, this is from just from January of this year. Accused Taylor Swift stalker arrested three times in five days outside of her and why see home?
Speaker 3: He's from Seattle.
Speaker 2: He had gone to New York to find her home and is he was arrested for a third time in five days, less than an hour after being released a second time by a Manhattan judge. So he got out and went back within an hour back to her house. Like it's scary, So you know, and.
Speaker 1: She's she's probably more adept at this and used to it. Kelsey is not, you know, he was played football and so yeah, he's popular in Kansas City, but you know, some fans might want his autograph from time to time. But now what's happening to him. He's on a different level. He's having to get security, he's having to change his life. That's a lot. It's a lot for anybody to adapt to. And it also shows you why a lot of these relationships are kept, you know, behind the scenes, because it's just it's hard to live in that limelight.
Speaker 2: But I did love seeing them together on the field after the Super Bowl. Well you know, I mean, we're a little belated on this conversation, but it just so nice. I am a longtime swiftie, Yeah, and it was nice to see her happy, and it was nice to see her nice to hear him being so grateful for her coming and being there, like on those hot mic moments he was caught on.
Speaker 3: And I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was really nice for you know, just people at home to see people working hard at their career, these athletes winning and like a love story happening like this is nice. We need this content, and you know, especially because the Joe Alwyn relationship was so behind the scenes for so long, it was nice. I'm going to transition to a different but similar celebrity story vibe.
Speaker 3: I remember Gwyneth Paltrow in the skiing trial?
Speaker 1: Do who I remember?
Speaker 2: So, in case you missed it captivated but it was pretty it was pretty viral. Gwyneth Paltrow went to court last year with a man from Utah, an optometrist, over a collision they'd had years before while skiing, and he was claiming she should be paying him because of injuries he sustained and trauma.
Speaker 3: She was saying that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't her fault that he ran into her. And so this was played out in court to many viral moments, including but not limited to Gwyneth telling him, I wish you well, Gwennath saying she lost half a day of skiing over it. Elevated neutrals their outfits. Yes, so many great quotes. There is now a musical about this. I didn't know about this. It is called Gwyneth Goes Skiing and it is going to premiere at the Egyptian Theater in Park City, Utah, where it all happened. And there are big people involved in this. Darren Chris, formerly of Glee. Trixie Mattel is joining as playing Paltrow's mother blythe Danner like.
Speaker 3: If I was there, I would go check it out. I love stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's the The run is December thirteenth of the twenty third. This is playing in London. It's moving I think, to Edinburgh, and then it's going to be coming to Park City, Utah December thirteenth of the twenty third. That is, we're going to.
Speaker 3: Go in London.
Speaker 1: No, when it comes over to Utah, Oh, we have to we have to go. Uh. This is fascinating. It sounds like it is going to be funny. They did a great they're poking fun at it.
Speaker 2: There was one Scott. I had not thought about it until just now. There was once some kind.
Speaker 3: Of like bachelor parody play or maybe it was a musical.
Speaker 1: I think I went to see it off Broadway, Off, off, off off, Yeah, you know, I because I remember getting an invite to come to it and I couldn't go. I definitely would have gone. I would have supported it. I forget what I went. It wasn't bad, wasn't it like it was it a one woman play or a one no no, no.
Speaker 3: There were more people involved remember at all. But it wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: I love stuff like this because it's like we're just I don't know. That was the perfect trial because you know, there wasn't a lot of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the harm, No, No, I got hurt.
Speaker 2: Really it was an optometrist and well, I don't know this guy claimed he got hurt. But these were two pretty well off people just arguing in court over skiing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was funny.
Speaker 1: We'll go with Kelly Osborne first, who is on Ozimpic, on the weight loss drug. Fine, nobody has a problem with that. Millions and millions of people are on it. It's Kelly's take about ozempic that really really hit home with some people and kind of stirred things up on the internet when she said, why wouldn't you just be on ozimpic. It's a lot better than a boring workout.
Speaker 3: I'll give her direct quotes here.
Speaker 2: She was doing an interview with Eyes and she said, I think it's amazing. There are a million ways to lose weight. Why not do it through something that isn't as boring as working out? Well, Kelly, like one, by the way, I'm not saying working out it's like the most exciting thing in the world, but it's like super good for your mental health and your physical health, Like we're advocates for working out here on the podcast. Then she went on quote people hate on it because they want to do it, and the people who hate on it the most are the people who are secretly doing it or pissed off that they can't afford it.
Speaker 1: That's so, which one of those quotes is the best, the one where not working out it's better than the boring working out or people are just mad because they can't afford it.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with her that people hate on it because they want to do it, I mean, and so I just don't agree, Like I that's just completely siphoning off all the legitimate questions about like is this creating a shortage for people who need it? And what is the long term research? I mean, we did an incredible podcast episode with a doctor all about this. Go check it out if you haven't. We just asked a bunch of questions and he answered them, and I did not walk away like hating ozempic from that podcast. I just still have a lot of questions about it, Like, for example, I learned that most of the weight you lose is muscle. I didn't know that. That's a red flag for me. But Kelly's saying to me, the worst part is that she says people hate on it because they quote, are pissed off that they can't afford it. How do you say that when you're on it, Like you're basically saying, Haha, I can and you can't. I can afford it and you can't. I'm on it and I can afford it and you can't, and you're just angry that you don't have the money I have. Right?
Speaker 3: What else does that convey?
Speaker 1: Very interesting, by the way, because her mom, she is, was totally against ozepic. She was on it for over a year, and she's come out saying, you know, kind of warning people about it. Kelly is kind of all for it. By the way. Whether you're ford or against it totally up to you. If you want to do it, that's fine. But I also think that the boring workouts and a good healthy diet are always going to be kind of important.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interestingly, Rob Low had just talked about it. I saw that, Yeah, in a new interview where he says, and I agree with with Rob's take.
Speaker 3: He said, quote, I see people who.
Speaker 2: Are taking all the new weight loss drugs, and that's great and it's really changed their lives. But my concern always is, Okay, now, what's the plan for the longevity? And yeah, that was another question we had on the podcast, what's the long term research on this? And per that doctor, there really isn't any.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Kimmel live tell this story. This is you know, this has been going on for months on this show.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I don't really watch Kimmel and I don't know Jimmy at all.
Speaker 3: You know him a little bit.
Speaker 1: I've been on a show, oh maybe a dozen times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this just makes no sense to me. I don't know why. I don't know why you would do it unless he just wants to cost people some money. Basically, what happened is George Santos, who I am not defending the guy who was like elected to Congress and is now being accused of all sorts of fraud.
Speaker 3: Not here to defend him.
Speaker 2: But apparently Kimmel and his team submitted created fake profiles on the app cameo and submitted fake, made up cameo requests to George Santos. He then did them, thinking these requests were from real people, and they were kind of absurd, Like one of them was asking him to make a message for a blind woman who just passed a driving test, and he filmed them and then they aired them on Jimmy kim Alive.
Speaker 3: And you know, they call it a prank.
Speaker 2: But like I'm just saying, Santos is now apparently and I think it completely as grounds for this, like it is in cameos. You and I have both been on cameo. The whole premise of cameo is it is you're paying a set fee to license this one video for this one purpose from someone, like it says in there, like you can't use these videos for commercials or for movies or TV or other things because obviously then they'd cost a different amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Jimmy Kimmel lives being sued. ABC is being sued. And again we're not for Santos in life. And I've known Jimmy for decades. I've known him since he got on the show, and I like Jimmy. I've always gotten along with Jimmy very well. They're very wrong here. They are so in the wrong, and they are going to have to settle, which they will. They'll settle out of court. Two really horrible things don't make a right and someone needed to be the adult in the room, going, guys, we are fraudulently making up who these people are.
Speaker 2: It's not really about George Santo's it's just about the press exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. Yeah, we're not taking up for Santos in general. It's just he happens to be the case here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know it's it's just not yeah, you know, it's the same. It's a similar thing to me as when the Oscars just sat there after Will Smith slapped Chris Rock and it's like, what precedent is this setting?
Speaker 1: Always enjoy talking to you, LZ. I hope you enjoyed these headlines. Hope you enjoyed the show.
Speaker 3: I hope you go watch True Detective and I will go watch True Detective.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you again next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.