Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jackie and Pee arm Why from Studio C.
Speaker 3: I don't see you, Senor. Yeah, well you will, Chorley. It's a dimly lit room deeper in the bowels of the Armstrong You Getty Communications Compound And hey y'all, midday week, hobday. We're under the putolage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: I was going to go with Greenland to come a USA, but instead, good Lord, the people of Los Angeles County. The apocalypse is upon La.
Speaker 3: Man. If you haven't watched any of those videos, holy crap. I don't even know what you say about that. Hell descends upon you like that. One hundred times our winds fired and traveling it like a mile every thirty seconds. And today could be every bit is bad or worse. Yeah, I was just hearing a report that they said that they might be worse. And there are many many fires all over the area. The super fancy Hollywood type houses get the most attention always, but there's fires all over. I was actually on the phone with a number of people last night who were fleeing for their lives, electricity off, pitch dark, can't see anything. Why there's so much traffic, You don't know if you're gonna be able to get out or stuck in traffic. People fleeing their cars and running for the ocean. Insane.
Speaker 1: And the minute that the dust settles on this and we certainly pray that the loss of life is zero or certainly as little as possible. The big story is going to be the fact that several of the big insurers, or at least one that I'm certain of, have dropped fire coverage for that area, and people were scrambling to figure out what to do when the fires began.
Speaker 3: And this was as according to a friend of ours who had to flee and doesn't even know if his house is stole up or not. This was as recently as a couple of weeks ago in that neighborhood. They dropped the fire coverage, right right, That is a problem. Well, you've been talking for a long time about this is going to have to come to a head at some point with the banks and the insurance companies in various states, whether you're talking about fire's, hurricanes, whatever, How are we going to deal with this because houses have to be insured. The insurance has to be affordable enough that people can buy houses. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this all gets worked out, or it might just completely distort the housing market in a way that will be take decades to untangle.
Speaker 3: If you've ever considered it. The very very short version.
Speaker 1: Of it is you have to keep in mind that a huge percentage of the personal property in the United States is mortgaged. And so you have banks, including some of the big banks or even Fanny May and organizations like that, that have billions trillions of dollars worth of mortgages out there, and if there's no insurance on those properties, well then the big banks would lose their arses and that's not acceptable for a number of reasons. So, yeah, we're definitely moving toward something like a homeowner's insurance crisis in the US, and not just like in Florida and California all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, continuing with what you were just saying there, that's the interest the banks have, and then we the people as a society have, you know, a great interest in people being able to own homes. I mean, there has to be a thing. It can't be a only for you know, a tiny percentage of people that can afford homes and insurance.
Speaker 1: Right or self ensure my house burns down, I build it again, ho home. Yeah, that's that's a tiny percentage of people. It'll be interesting to see this play out, and it could well be. It's almost certainly going to be on Trump's watch, right, right, Chirst Why do I mention the president Congress rights laws or they used to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people have been listening for a long time now. I had a fire. We had a fire on our farm about five years ago, and I got to experience in person with flames around me, which melted my shoes. How fast a fire travels when it's really windy outside. And until I had seen it in person, I had no idea. But it just it can go from a spark to your you can't see anything but smoking flames in seconds. It's just shocking. And that was happening all over La yesterday and today. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fingers crossed the prayers whatever, uh, and on we go.
Speaker 4: I'm walking in the door, Michael, the door opened place there he is, Hey, everybody, how.
Speaker 3: You doing fine? How's Katie doing? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: Poor Katie ailing with one of the several bugs ravage. Oh stop it ravaging the country. I under sneeze a two call.
Speaker 3: I'm doing I'm doing better today.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, man, I had so much chest pain that I was married. I was going to end up in an urgent care because I didn't know, like if this was bird pneumonia or whatever.
Speaker 3: Exactly monkey bird box pneumonia, murder hornet pneumonia, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know exact right exactly, atmospheric river covid.
Speaker 5: Now I'm back and with a deeper voice than ever, so so.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I'm glad that that came up because I've been trying to figure out, like, did all of our brains get broken with the pandemic or is all climate stuff and diseases worse than they used to be. Does it just seem like it is, or or it just seems everything seems more extreme than it used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I think part of that is media. My wife had a cold last week and remarked it. I think she said, I haven't had a cold since the year twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Good for her.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's just, you know, we're getting used to it again, the slog through the minor diseases that afflick humanity. Uh, I'm not diagnosing you as minor, Katie were concerned. Chest pain doesn't sound good to me.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I when I would cough, I would double over, and I'm going, Okay, this is not working. But I got COVID a couple of years ago, and I said I had never been sick like that until I got COVID. And I can say that I have not ever had a flu like this. That wasn't COVID.
Speaker 3: I know my son has been sick for a week and sick in a way that was beyond what a normal cold is, like you're talking about, and we did the COVID test. It wasn't COVID. That he doesn't appear to have sexed up a bird or whatever you do to get bird pops. I believe that is it? Yes, all right, I didn't do that just to kill any rumor. Yeah, let's say internet settled down and he had La burning down and the mountains of North Carolina flooded and just I don't know, maybe it's just seems like things are worse because of media govern Just Michael way. Whoa, whoa? Who? Who is Jack Canning at the wog wrath of God? Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not. I'm not going down the climate change road, but it could be the wrap of God. Yes, Michael, oh, as I says absinentely January eighth, and look at what's already happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so have you come up with a slogan, because stayin Alive in twenty five might be a good one.
Speaker 3: Whoa, boy, this seems a little close to the bone, doesn't everything it does? It does? Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: I'd i'd prefer other choices, but that's your Uh, that's your committee.
Speaker 3: I'm a disc jockey. I don't know if I need to focus on staying that term again. Ever, right, let's start the show officially yourself. Then we'll get to similar news of the day. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Jo Getty on this It is Wednesday, January eighth, the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Staying Alive in twenty five. We are Armstrong in Getty and we approve of this program a sleep in action. Then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go at Mark.
Speaker 6: Well, you see the the remnants of flames. Those were all homes and as you drive down pH you couldn't inceive the water because they were home after home after home. Now they are all gone, and it's he's gonna dan all the way over to those lights far down there. Those were all homes, you guys. They're gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a whole street of homes. Just they're gone. They don't exist anymore. And people are going to come back and find that out. And so that's the Palisades area. And we have a friend who lives in that area and he doesn't know if his house still exists. And then I was talking to people in the Pasadena Altadina area where which I know very very well and I've hiked around those hills and everything many many times. And it's burning down a senior center that has burned completely to the ground in the Pasadena area. And for whatever reason, I think this comes out of the Paradise fire that also was in California, Northern California. Horrible death from that, the idea of trying to get away in your car and being stuck in traffic I find like the most terrifying of all things. Just right, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well, and there are folks saying, hey, if you have to abandon your car, leave the keys in it so we can move it to let the emergency vehicles through, and blah blah blah. You know, the idea of leaving your keys in your car in LA is practically hilarious in any other context. But yeah, it's chaos. It's the disaster in the Maui style. Again, not the loss of life thus far, partly because you know, there are multiple roots in and out of everywhere in La. None of them will work ortho dam most times of the day. But thank god so far. Okay, from what I've heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so people were in the traffic jam, fire was getting closer. They're afraid they're going to burn up sitting in their cars like we've seen in other places in the country in the last couple of years. So they abandoned their cars, took off. There was no way to get the cars out of there, so they started bulldozing cars out of the way to try to get the fire trucks through. Then late in the day yesterday they put out the alert. I saw Bill Millusion of Fox tweet this out that they put out the alert. Hey, anybody who's a firefighter, whether you're on duty or not, need your help. And he said he's never seen that in any disaster in LA history, after decades of covering it, where they're like that desperate for more help. Then the wind was so many from we're talking about any town in county within earshot. Yeah, yeah, just La. And then last night they called off all like helicopter, plane rescue, dropping water, all that sort of stuff because the wind was too bad, so they couldn't fly anything. And also you couldn't see from the air get those kind of reports because nobody could fly. So yeah, and it's gonna be worse today, as you said, So that's quite the deal. We'll keep our eye on it. How does mailbag look outstanding?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 3: It's on the way. Here's our text line four one five two nine five k ftc Armstrong. So the Facebook No More fact Checkers story continues to get a lot of attention, mostly from the hold on quit trying to cover yourself in glory. Your main interest is making the America freer, better place to live, and not the fact that you're just trying to get your business have your business ruined by Trump and the incoming Republican Party so more on that coming up later.
Speaker 1: I have a nuanced view of the issue, Jack, which I will be sharing with you.
Speaker 3: I can wait to get to that.
Speaker 1: Also, some bonus mailbag coming up in a little bit, all having to do with Trump's ideas of annexing this, that and the other that controversy. We'll sprinkle a bit of that into mailbag proper. First to your freedom loving quote of the day. I love it when you bring nuance to a story. That's what I'm all about our series on beginnings. This from Jim Rowlan, who's work I do not know, and I didn't have time to look up who he is, but I like this. Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's really good. I say that like that. I say that not as well to my kids all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is never a downside to learning things, you know what. And that fits in with the controversial the veg Ramaswami tweet about American kids versus foreign kids and the culture and everything like that.
Speaker 3: They got so much attention during the break. We'll love to talk about that later. That's perfect, perfect, perfectly, we'll talk.
Speaker 1: We'll kind of touch on it right now during mailbag, and I'll tell.
Speaker 3: You why that's right.
Speaker 1: Jovias note mailbag at Armstrong and Getdy dot com. Michael in Washington State rights Well. He suggests he likes staying alive in twenty five giving out crazy the start of the year has been. But the most popular choice, though, is cut the jive in twenty five based on remember at the end of last year.
Speaker 3: My new slogan has cut the crap.
Speaker 1: And what I mean by that is there are so many things that have been foisted upon us off and by the progressive left and our universities and media. Crap. There's a brutal crime in New York. A woman stabbed a postal worker. No, it was a dude, a delusional dude dressed as a woman.
Speaker 3: That's a dude.
Speaker 1: Well, the people keep telling me I need to say that crap, because it's rude not to say that crap. No, just cut the crap. You need to get back to common sense.
Speaker 3: I about the FBI saying this, we don't think this is a terrorist attack.
Speaker 1: Oh, she just stated this is not a terrorist event way before anybody could possibly draw anyclusion.
Speaker 3: Conclusion, that's garbage, that's crap. Uh. This is from JT and Livermore.
Speaker 1: OMG, Jack, who doesn't even understand how crypto works or why anybody would go to taco Bell is trying to explain the multiverse. Either it's a sign of the impending apocalypse or it is ironic proof that there is a multiverse, because it would take an infinite number of universes to have one where Jack doesn't understand many things but does understand one of the most complicated theories ever devised.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a matter that's on necessarily snide. It's a matter of things I'm interested or not. I assume I could understand crypto if I ever read about it, but I haven't because I don't know. I just don't care yet. I probably should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like cliches, particularly modern ones, but I don't have the bandwidth. There's a pretty good statement. I just I don't have time right right, moving along, I love this. Marina and San Diego frequent correspondent. My family just visited Grapevine, Texas, the Christmas capital of Texas. Main Street all decked out, just absolutely beautiful. It was like a Hallmark movie. We went over to the life sized Nativity waited for our turn to take a photo. Just then a man with his wife and kids started pushing their way to the front in front of us. Realizing this family maybe from a country or pushing and shoving is the norm, I said politely, excuse me, but you need to wait your turn.
Speaker 3: We were next. We then took our photo.
Speaker 1: And as I returned to the group, I realized I almost had to throw down in front of Baby Jesus.
Speaker 3: On Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: Wow, rudeness not in my Americus there from San Diego.
Speaker 3: Man, the three wise guys would have been going tisk tisk tisk as you rolled around on the ground with that dude.
Speaker 1: Or get them, get them because they saw what was happening and they're wives.
Speaker 3: Here take my mirr. Hit him in the head, throw the mur in his eyes and turns. Maybe he does. Nobody knows. Swimmer is uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see Ted Wrights on Canada's the fifty first State, whoa not so fast? Yes, Canada is very very liberal progressive. So before Canada becomes a state, we need to have a little transition period to deprogram them. Off their current socialist government mindset. First, they need to be a protectorate like Guam or Puerto Rico. In fact, when you look at the definition of protectorate, Canada is practically one already.
Speaker 3: And I quote.
Speaker 1: A protectorate is a territory that is protected by a stronger state or entity, either militarily or diplomatically against third parties. The United States has several territories, including commonwealths and other territories.
Speaker 3: Well, is that what some in Greenland are wanting to have happen. I listened to a politician from Greenland on NPR this morning. He's all four coming under the umbrella of the United States. There's a lot to be said about this. It is not a crazy notion, and we're not going to conquer it. We're going to buy it or you know, enter into an agreement. I'd kind of like to conquerte. You're on a ship on shore and somebody runs up on the beach and plants a flag. The Greenlanders are like, okay, it's got a lot to do with China. At least the politician I heard this morning a lot more on the way, stay with us, armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 6: Just hear US tourists seeing it looks like an incredible place. We've been talking about going for a while.
Speaker 3: I was actually supposed to be.
Speaker 6: Here last spring for some of the stuff I do in my free time.
Speaker 3: As Donald Trump junior. Landing in Greenland yesterday being asked, asked obviously about his dad's speculation about Greenland becoming a state or something like that, and he said, oh, no, no, just coincidence. I've always wanted to come to Greenland, and what come on, there's.
Speaker 1: A tourist what in my Trump jet?
Speaker 3: Right? Just a coincidence.
Speaker 1: I meant to come earlier but didn't get around till till like the day after my dad gave a big speech about having Greenland. So Trump made a handful of really intriguing statements that his long press conference yesterday. News conference you call them these days because the press is irrelevant, like the printing press, because that's where that term comes from. I think that's why they call it a news conference these days. Anyway, it's like not saying I'll play you some tape. No, there's no tape anyway. Ah.
Speaker 3: So he said a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Number one, we're gonna change the name of the golf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. I'm down change the maps. I don't care. I'll pay for it. It's our golf, now give it back. And besides, we just surrounded as much as Mexico does. We drill, we maintain it. If something goes crazy, we cleaned it up. It's our golf.
Speaker 3: Does any Is there any pushback on that? I assume the people that hate Trump were laughing at it, like it's ridiculous, but it makes Why has it always been to Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 1: From America hating weasels? There's probably pushback. I mean, it's just the name, all right, that's our name now, Okay, Having said that, no blood has been spilled, We're just going to change the names. And also the idea of turning Canada into a state, which I don't think is going to happen. As JT pointed out in mailbag, it practically is a protectorate. Now we're going to table that motion for now. It is a sovereign country with functioning government.
Speaker 3: It says we don't have a treaty or anything. I don't think with Canada. But obviously if China assaulted Canada, we'd be all over it. Oh yeah, not like we would allow that to happen.
Speaker 1: In spite of the over long tenure of woke Elvis Weenie Justin Trudeau, who's ruined Canada with his woke politics and economics and the rest of it. Canada is a very close ally huge trading partner, etc. And just really good people, so we will not be annexing Canada in my opinion. On the other hand, the Greenland thing to me is really intriguing. And no, Trump's not gonna take it by force. That's just are you not used to Trump yet? He makes outlandish opening offers or threats or whatever. Then it gets down to negotiating and you figure out what he actually wants. Is it the most responsible way for a president to talk? Perhaps not, but it is what it is. He got elected.
Speaker 3: Now because I'm of medium IQ, I can't help. But when I picture Greenland, picture a big green country, because it's in the name, the Land of green. But it's not right, it's not it's ice, as they famously say. Just remember, Iceland is green and Greenland is icy. Greenland is actually a fascinating place, and we don't have time to do the full boring geography lesson, but it is of growing strategic importance, and I'm gonna hit you with a couple of emails like Andrew in the Bay Area. Trump is one hundred percent right on Greenland, not just because of the ten trillion dollars plus of energy resources and rare earth minerals it's estimating to hold, but also, as a Navy jag officer with a little knowledge of operational law, because of its geographic significance with respect to future sea lanes. The earth warming, whatever the cause, means sea lanes are opening in the Arctic, and transiting those new roots between Asia, Europe and America takes a fraction of the time compared to the Panama or Suez Canals. Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Think one hundred billion dollars of goods being shipped every year, taking half as long to reach their destination by ship, and the billions that would save in costs. The first areas expected to open up are the lanes between the islands of Canada and Greenland. Grabbing Greenland would ensure having a hand in sending the policies on those new routes and maintaining freedom of the seas Moreover, Russia is positioned as the nation with the most land mass bordering the Arctic, thus the most likely to try to control them. And in Greenland, coupled with Alaska, our friends in America's hat and our Scandinavian friends in Finland and Sweden, means we could rival Russia for who controls these new roots.
Speaker 3: Well, And as I said, I was listening to NPR today and they had on a some high level Greenland politician who is four coming under the umbrella somehow of the United States. And I couldn't quite figure out what they were getting at there, and weren't talking about being a state. And he said absolutely no to the idea of the United States purchasing Greenland, although they at least this guy hates the fact that they ended up somehow attached to Denmark and the EU by extension, which is all sorts of screwed up. But he was talking about China. He said, Chinese ships are regularly about and they're surveilling us constantly, and we don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So to get serious about this because a serious topic.
Speaker 3: And again, if you get hung up on Trump's.
Speaker 1: Specific nomenclature, you're going to get dragged off of what you ought to be talking about. Those sea roots for the reasons that Burr Andrew is spelled out so beautifully are going to be incredibly important geopolitical targets in the next fifty years, I mean like crazy important. And the idea that Greenland and we do have I was about to get to this. We have a significant military base on Greenland. But the idea that Greenland and the might of Denmark and again the awesome power of the EU would be sufficient to project the power of the free world on those sea roots is not realistic. It will take the United States and Trump's point of view on this, as so many things, is all right, Look, if we are going to be in charge of protecting it and projecting the power of the free world around it, we got to get a better deal. We're not gonna do it just because we're nice guys. So what that treaty looks like, I don't know, but it's of enormous geopolitical importance. And anybody gets hung up on making fun of Trump as an idiot. A couple more thoughts is Alvin and Berkeley.
Speaker 3: Yes, So would they become anything official? Would they be like the Virgin Islands or anything like that, or I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: There are a number of different options, but the whole frozen tundra practically uninhabitable. Most of it ain't gonna be true if the warming continues, and it probably won't.
Speaker 3: Who knows. The Earth moves in cycles.
Speaker 1: But I liked this. Oh oh, here is on Greenland. I think no one's talking about our military base in Thule, which I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly. Perhaps I am probably not, which was put there to watch out for the Ruskies back in the day. I don't know what the US does there now. Also of note is that Greenland is a It really is really a string of islands with a big canyon slash frozen lake in the middle. The earth really starts heating up, it will be a good source of fresh water rises up when the ice melts.
Speaker 3: Let's see, Greenland should be the fifty first state.
Speaker 1: And then Joe from Dayton says, I laughed at Trump talking about invading Greenland.
Speaker 3: Greenland. We already have a base there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, formerly an Air Force base and now a space Force base Pititufic Space Base Bidofik has a ballistic missile early warning system mission to detect inbound to ICBMs. So yeah, we're already a big presence on Greenland.
Speaker 3: Okay, did not know? Yeah? He learned something every day, don't you, Michael?
Speaker 1: You got to learn one more thing. In eighteen sixty seven, William H. Swords, Secretary of State, Swords folly the purchase of Alaska. Remember that he wanted to buy Greenland and perhaps Iceland, but opposition in Congress ended the project.
Speaker 3: And then we tried.
Speaker 1: I think they're under Kennedy or somebody. Somebody talked about buying.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: In nineteen fifty Denmark allowed the US to have a base. We tried to buy it and they said no, thank you.
Speaker 3: So I'm watching more NFL football than I've watched in a decade and a half. I think I'm not exactly sure why, but has just happened? Are you watching any games, Michael? Just a few here and there. Yeah, I'm I'm I'm a Chiefs fan obviously, but Lions that can be very exciting. How do you not root for the Detroit Lions and that coach in that fan base that has been without a good team like the entire time they've been watching. Oh yeah, very exciting stuff anyway, got the playoffs coming up this weekend and all kinds of opportunities for you. That's why you need to download the price packs app. It's just a good idea and you can get involved in the action. I've been doing my research all the way done, doing the research, trying to get involved, you know, trying to figure out ahead of time what I'm gonna do. Right now, you can went op to a thousand times the money that you're getting involved, and you sure don't need to do much research.
Speaker 1: All you do is pick two or more players and either say yeah that stat projection on Prize Picks, I think he's going to do better than that or worse than that. And it's super super easy and you can make some serious money. Price picks Now offers master card for quick and easy deposits into your accounts of this sports season.
Speaker 3: It is quick. You can get your money. I can get my money and as quick as fifteen minutes. With the price Picks app.
Speaker 1: They invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out if your lineup is not perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks doesen't HiT's. So download the Prize Picks app today. Use that code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. You don't need to win to get that bonus, you just get it for pay playing a five dollars lineup five bucks prize picks. Remember the code Armstrong Prize picks. Run your game.
Speaker 3: I just heard from another person that I know that has a fire coming down upon them apparently and has a mandatory evacuation order in the LA area. So it is going to be a long rough day for that. And again, the long term over arching store, as we mentioned, is how are we going to fashion the relationship between banks, mortgages, homeowners and insurance Because at least one big insurance company had dropped a bunch of these homes with their fire coverage just weeks ago. I don't know if they knew the fire was coming or what.
Speaker 1: And if you are, you know, thinking, well, you know, to hell with the coasts. They're liberals and they have expensive, beautiful real estate, and the good good for them. We mentioned at the end of last year. Actually I brought you the story that the south central US has seen an enormous building boom, and there's so there are so many thunderstorms and hailstorms there. That's been one of the big loss sources loss whatever of the sources of losses of the big insurance companies. And so between the hurricanes and the wildfires and flooding and the hail in the middle of the country. You know, it's a lot of the country now with building costs as high as they are that it's just it doesn't make sense for corporations to offer insurance there. They're losing too much money. Yet it does make sense for people to be able to buy homes. So how do you make all that fit together that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the way is out of this, but California is going to be the leading edge of that, and probably this whole la thing that's happening right now, you're gonna have to fire something out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I hope there are a couple of really smart senators and or congress people on both sides of the aisle that have this on their radar and are talking seriously about it because it could be a national financial crisis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those homes that got dropped in their fire coverage just weeks ago. Are some of these homes burning down with no insurance coverage?
Speaker 1: That's correct? Wow dropped this month? Are now burning down in La County?
Speaker 3: That'd be a life changing experience. Holy crap. We got Katie's headlines on the way stay here. Got a couple of nieces I got texts from. They missed three days of work because of the snowstorm that hit the Midwest. Finally got home. Airport's finally opened up after several days in the Midwest. I'm not flying. And then I just saw on TVA McDonald's I know well in the Pasadena area that is burnt to the ground. Mother Nature, man, Mother Nature, all powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, all sorts of good stuff to get to next hour, including some really good commentary and incredibly idiotic commentary about Facebook's move away from professional fact checkers. I can barely spit those words out of my mouth. It's orwelly into the extreme, and all sorts of other good stuff. Anything you want to mention, Jack or uh up to you. No, Okay, we'll move along. Then let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie Well as you.
Speaker 3: Guys now the fires are the big stories.
Speaker 5: Starting with NBC, three fires grow, forcing more than eighty thousand evacuations around Los Angeles area.
Speaker 3: So three thousand acres for one firewdred for another, five hundred for another, and then a bunch of smaller ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another small one just started north and the winds have been pushing south, which is worrying a lot of people in the Tarzana area.
Speaker 3: One hundred mile an hour winds all day they're expecting. It's hard to even imagine.
Speaker 5: And from KTLA severe drought conditions fueling dangerous Palisades fire, you're saying it hasn't rained there in eight months, a fraction.
Speaker 1: Of the normal rainfall, even as the northern part of the state, which is enormous and ungovernable and ought to be at least two different states, if not three, they've Northern California's gotten plenty of.
Speaker 3: Ring from ABC.
Speaker 5: Biden administration seeks stay a plea deal for alleged nine to eleven mastermind.
Speaker 3: Biden's stuck in LA. Right, he was in LA to fundraise or speak or something like that, and he couldn't get out because of the fires, so he spent the night. Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: From Fox News, Biden admits he might not have lasted another term.
Speaker 3: If you had been re elected. Quote, who the hell knows? I do? You wouldn't have if you're too old? Well, yes, say now, then that wasn't really the problem you're dying in office is your brain didn't work. Dude, doesn't work. From CNN.
Speaker 5: Green beret who exploded cybertruck in Las.
Speaker 3: Vegas used chat GPT to plan the blast. Is there any greater significance to this story or is this a guy who just for a variety of reasons, went crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the greater significance is our troops that have traumatic brain injury in PTSD, that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: That's what the story's about.
Speaker 5: From Reuters, made a shelves fact checking in policy reversal, head of Trump administration.
Speaker 3: Ran everybody's catching on to the fact that you're just trying to stay out of trouble with a Republican Congress and president coming in and pretending that you're some sort of free speech warrior.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, Well, I have a nuanced view, as I mentioned earlier, I believe on the topic. I think that's a tad unfair and I'll explain why I'd sure hate to be unfair to Mark Zuckerberg. Boy, would I feel bad about it?
Speaker 3: Bomb Well said he was wearing a one million dollar watch in that video yesterday. Did you see what I did? I saw that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, people zoomed in on it. He's a he's a watch collector, and you know there are expensive watches, but then there's a one million dollar wise actually nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars, but close enough million dollars exactly.
Speaker 5: From the New York Post quote face bb els can undo horrid ozembic face side effect, and people are spending thousands.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's what's face bbal Uh?
Speaker 5: It's fillers and all because when you when you go on ozempic and you lose weight so quickly, your face starts.
Speaker 3: To get this sunken in.
Speaker 1: Lagging skin lifts while for your skin to catch up to your weight loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so people are getting fillers and all sorts of stuff to bring their faces back to life.
Speaker 3: All right, Sure that looks perfectly normal. What does what does BBL mean? Is that what you said? Beautiful lady? Uh, there you go.
Speaker 5: It's a but it's a butt lift a Brazilian butt lift on where it stands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're getting face butt lifts. Okay.
Speaker 5: And finally from the Babylon Bee, Trump announces plan to rename the Moon quote Space America.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, I just showed it. John Fetterman, demoocratic senator from Pennsylvania doing an interview, saying this whole Greenland conversation is absolutely responsible, which I appreciate. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fetterman was on Special Report with Brett Bear last night. We'll play you a couple of clips. I don't know, honestly, if it's the stroke, or if he's just now able to show his true colors or what. I've never misjudged a politician as much as I've misjudged Fetterman. Oh, yeah, I will say that. He was talking about how Trump's cabinet nominees. He said, I'm talking to all of them. And the idea that that's controversial I don't get. He said, that's my job, so I'm going to do that and he and he gave a couple other examples.
Speaker 3: He said, in what way?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: He said, aliens, illegal aliens who've committed crimes ought to be booted out. He said, how can that be controversial? They came into our country illegally then committed crimes. We want them out.
Speaker 3: Who's against that? I'm like, dude, wow, wow. It seems controversial that a Democrat out of saying that, But that's the mainstream of the Democratic Party. It's just we've lost that fact through Facebook and Twitter, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, and because of the incredible volume of the far left, progressive woke winging the Democratic Party. They have volume, loudness, an influence so far beyond what it ought to be.
Speaker 3: It's time to get rid of that. Right, those were mainstream opinions he was espousing. If you must now get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand arm Strong and Getty