Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Chargion.
Speaker 1: It's another edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. My co host today Matt Harrison. Hey, Matt, welcome back to the show. It's only been a couple of weeks for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's only been a couple of weeks for me. A couple of big weeks for you, though, as you're now fully in that state with all we can you know, right angles on everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. I'm going to see our other co host, Scott fish this weekend. It's the first Scott fish Bowl live event of the year is coming this weekend. He's flying to Las Vegas. I'm driving to Las Vegas. We'll have our first opportunity to uh to draft our Scott fish Bowl teams and not.
Speaker 3: Feeling mostually unprepared, I do I draft right now.
Speaker 1: I prepared because he's got of course, he's got all the weird scoring system stuff and this this year is all about just like usage you're just looking for guys who get the ball in their hand as much as you can. I'm hoping the Fantasy Life cheat sheet is going to be of a supreme help here the the I have not done my I've done my own season long rankings, but not attuned to the Scott fish Bowl scoring system.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the Scott fish Bowl is always the one for me that it catches me off guard every year, like it's like, oh, no studying, because it's always like right after the fourth of July and everything, and I'm usually coming back from a family trip and I haven't really dug into fantasy football for the season yet, and so it's always It's always a fun one for me. But I have a new strategy this year charge since for about the last five years, my Scott fish Bowl team has just been plagued by this curse. And it's every player I draft get hurt, retires, Andrew Luck retire on me like the day after I drafted him, all that stuff. So I decided this year as as a Minnesota Vikings fan, yeah, drafting at the live draft in Minnesota in the Minnesota Vikings Division, mind you right, that I will only be taking NFC North teams that are not the Vikings.
Speaker 1: You're taking all Bears, Packers, and Lions.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring. I might sprinkle in an Eagle in there or a ram or something like that, but I think I'm just gonna take highest adp guy within from those teams.
Speaker 1: I think you should go hardcore and do only those three teams.
Speaker 3: It would it would be really funny.
Speaker 1: It would be funny. Your teams won't do any worse than they've done in the past.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, and if I curse them all, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Do any of them share a bye week because that would be a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be an issue. So I might have to, you know, in the twentieth round of the draft, might have to, you know, go off the board a little bit, right, But I think I will probably stay completely in the NFC. And it's not a secret. I told everybody in my draft that I was doing this, so they know what's coming.
Speaker 1: I go NFC north Man, go hardcore on, just lean into this thing. That's my advice. Yeah, that's my advice. On this week's show, we are talking about older players and can we ring one more good year out of these aged players? Who've been good. These are in some cases players that are potentially even like Hall of Fame level players. Can we get one more good year out of these guys? Man, we'll both do a thumbs up thumbs downs. We'll see how many we agree on disagree. I bet we're going right here in a little bit of Cisco and Ebert. Do you think the kids know who Ciskel and Ebert are?
Speaker 3: Not A chance?
Speaker 1: No chance?
Speaker 3: Okay, I would guess there's not too many kids listening to this show.
Speaker 1: That's probably true.
Speaker 3: Our demo is a little older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's probably true. They've probably I'd like to think people our listeners have grown up with us, gotten ranked with us, scotten overweight.
Speaker 3: Understanding that like churches, the Aura Maxer or something like that, you know, like then it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means. Do I want to be an Aura max.
Speaker 3: In Skibbety all that stuff. I'm just repeating stuff my kids, your kids say.
Speaker 1: I don't. Yeah, I don't. I don't. I don't know what any of that means. I'm sorry to say. I guess that makes me really word all right? We begin with Houston running back Joe Mixon we're going to go youngest to oldest. By the way, this is the youngest player we're going to talk about. He's aged twenty nine. He's had two thousand, three hundred career touches, so that's you know, the touches, obviously rushes and receptions. So can we ring out one more good year from Joe Mixon. I will let you take the stage first match.
Speaker 3: Well, last year, I thought since he let mix and walk because I thought that the Bengals knew that he was cooked. So all the preseason I was like, don't draft Joe Mix and don't draft Joe Mix and and I looked like I had some egg on my face for the first two months of the year because despite even missing a couple of games in weeks three through five through Week eleven, Mixon had six one hundred yard rushing days and it scored eleven touchdowns. He looked awesome. He was thriving in an offense that really had some noted offensive line issues and vary those are still there, by the way, But then the gales of November turned gloomy there.
Speaker 4: Reference then, Yeah, from Week twelve through the Texans two playoff games, Mixon averaged fifteen carries per game and only managed fifty six yards per game with stone could killers in the Fantasy playoffs, where he failed the top eight PPR points in weeks fifteen through seventeen.
Speaker 3: So all the people who rode him into the playoffs rowed right out of the playoffs if they were still on the back of Joe Mixon, because three point six yards per carry down the stretch. To me, I guess that's screams that he's done, Like stick a fork in him. So the other thing here is they signed Nick Chubb, who is also twenty nine years old and missed most of the last two years with a knee injury. And I've seen some of the videos of his rehab where he was jumping literally head into the ceiling tiles in the gym he was working out in. I feel like Nick Chubb and Joe Mixon are at least splitting carries this year, if not maybe worse. Maybe it goes in Nick Chubb's favor, because yeah, maybe he is a little bit more fresh off of basically two years of not having wear and tear on him.
Speaker 1: Right other than the reconstructive knee surgery, Yes, there was some tear and it's a literal tear, Yes, the wear and tear.
Speaker 3: So with that said, I'm just going to be out on Joe Mix and again if I'm wrong again, I feel like I jumped out a year two early than a year too late, and I'd rather do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have almost all the exact same talking points here. Texans offensive line that was bad last year doesn't look any bit better this year. I thought, I thought after they traded Laramie Tunsel, the Texans were going to do a massive overhaul. Nope. They ranked thirtieth in run block win rate last year, twenty seventh in PFF's run block rating, and honestly, talent wise, this line doesn't look much better. So there's that. You've very correctly noted how Mixon ran out of gas last year, and so the question, So last year ran out of gas in November December, So this year, a year older, does it turn into October November December? And you mentioned the Nick Chubb part. You and I are both no on Joe mix and ringing out another year. You know, I wish we had we don't have. I don't know with the sound of ringing out like of a mop, I don't we don't have like a splashy, watery sound. But what about ringing of a bell? Do we have a bell? Maybe that really I mean, that's Sad Trombonesky right there. Yes, yes, we don't need.
Speaker 3: To talk about Mitch Trubisky enough, no.
Speaker 1: Never anymore. And honestly, you know all the great nicknames we've had in the history of this show, Matt, I think I think Sad Trombonesky is right at or near the top. And maybe it's because I came up with that one, and I want to just self congratulate myself, but maybe that's it.
Speaker 3: I believe I was the one who coined the air bear terms that I'm Marshall for that.
Speaker 1: I have the Airbear T shirt I warded a couple of days ago. It is a good T shirt. That is a good T shirt, all right. Our next contestant, age thirty New Orleans running back Alvin Kamara two thousand, two hundred career touches and last year Camara in a really tough spot, quarterback goes down, all the wide receivers go down. Offensive line just battered, half of the offensive lines missing, and he was still shockingly good. He posted his highest yards per carry. In three seasons, he had an eighteen percent broken tackle rate, which isn't great, but that's exactly what Saquon Barkley had. James Cook had an eighteen percent broken tackle rate, so it's not terrible. Finished with his highest PFF grade in four seasons last year, Alvin Kamara. And they did draft a new left tackle, Kelvin Banks. He'll be an immediate starter for the and hopefully an improvement. And you get Chris Alabby back, you give Rashid she Heed back. I still think given that we don't even know for sure who the quarterbacks going to be now, probably Tyler Shuck, but I think Kamara's gonna have to carry a lot of the burden again. I think he's gonna get a lot of carries, and he looked good last year, So I'm on, yes, Alvin Kamara ringing out one more good year. What say you, Matt?
Speaker 3: I have just kind of this general thing in the way that I draft for fantasy, and if you're an offense that I deemed to be a bottom five offense, I think normally yeah, and there's just too many things here that I just think are going against the Saints. I'm more out on him. On Kamara, just because I'm out on the Saints, I think he'll get the most touches on the team if he's healthy, Tyler Shuck, as you said the likely starter. That will cause a lot of touches for Alvin kam Yeah, for sure, but it will also cause a lot of eight or nine man boxes for Helen Kamara. And I just I feel like it will treat you well if you avoid the Saints roster. I don't think that you're going to be sad if you missed out on Alvin Kamara.
Speaker 1: All right, so we have we're split on this one. I'm a yes, you are a no on Alvin Kamara. I if he was via Fantasy valuable last year, it's hard to believe that this offense will be worse this year. For me. Let's go to age thirty Arizona running back James Connor one thousand and six hundred career touches. Matt, give me. I'll let you go first. On James Connor, can we ring out one more good year?
Speaker 3: Well, we've been trying to write him off for about five years now. Again, industry, everybody's just been sick of James Connor and this goes back to the I have this theory that guys with boring names nobody wants to draft, and James Connor is about the most boring name in football, especially for a running back. Alvin Kamara, that sounds cool, Joe Mixon, it's got an X in it. Yeah, you know, James Connor. All he's done. As we've been trying to write him off, is responded with maybe his best two years as a pro. In the last two seasons. He's averaged five point zero and four point six yards per carry the last two years, top the one thousand rushing yards in both seasons. He scored nine times in each of the last two years. Charge he doesn't have a clear guy competing for touches because Trey Benson is is the biggest threat. He was the second running back drafted last year, but they only gave him like four touches per game last year, and Mari Demarcato and Michael Carter almost had the same number of touches as Trey Benson. So if Connor falls in drafts, and he's currently going in the early fifth round, and I think he will because he's old and he's got the boring name, Yeah, I'll take a flyer on him if he gets down to like the sixth round, for the seventh round in drafts. I think that that's great value there. And I think it's just going to be more of the same for James Connor until he actually does get hurt and then it's probably over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which hopefully we're not wishing for that whatsoever. Yes, he's I've got I've also got a Yes, we're gonna ring more and one more good year out of James Connor from many of the same points that you mentioned. He's coming off arguably the best season of his career last year in a lot of metrics, including avoided tackle rate. He was third best and avoided tackle rate last year, but number one if of of running backs at least one hundred and sixty carries. You know, James Connor looked good and I don't know, I absolutely passed the eye test, the metric test. Now, Cardinals didn't change their offense at all last year this past offseason, so they rolling with the same offense like, no substantive changes whatsoever. But so I just think it's gonna be more of the same, which is just you know, consistent, good B level RB two levels of production for James Connord. We'll take it absolutely, all right. Last guy before the break, Miami wide receiver Tyreek Hill is aged thirty one, Matt. He's got one thousand career touches. That includes some runs because he's run the ball a bit more than most wide receivers. Last year, Hill's play fell off a cliff, a totally different guy. And there's a lot of people that are like, oh, well, TWA missed all that time, all right, yeah, two A missed five full games. But in the twelve games with Tua twelve, Hill was still not reliable at all. He only had two top ten finishes in those twelve games. He had five finishes at wide receiver thirty or worse. Last year, Tyreek posted a career low PFF grade. He had thirty eight fewer receptions than last year, eight hundred and forty fewer yards than the previous year. And for a guy who is known for explosive plays, his yards after the catch dropped to three point six per game up per catch. That's thirty fifth among starting wide outs. That's it. I mean, he's supposed to be like, just get the ball in his hands and magic happens with Tyreek Hill. Nothing happened after he got the ball in his hands. He got tackled. That's what happened.
Speaker 3: No magic.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 1: Yep. He played all seventeen games. He posted six year lows in receptions, yards and explosive plays of twenty more yards. I do not think we're gonna ring one more good year out of Tyreek Hill. What do you think, Matt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're you're kind of dead on here. And I'll just to add for Tyreek Hill to be a success and to draft him where he's going ADP in the third round. It feels like you need to get twelve hundred dish yards and ten touchdowns out of Tyreek Hill. That seems pretty fair. In an age thirty one season, those benchmarks have only been hit nine times by a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: That's it nice.
Speaker 3: Ever, in an age thirty one season, the most recent was ten years ago. What and it was Jordy Nelson.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's an awesome stat. So Jordy Nelson was the last thirty one year old receiver to hit twelve hundred yards and ten touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Correct, That's amazing. So it just doesn't seem like it's there anymore. It seems he almost had half of the receiving yards that he had the previous year. And oh, by the way, he played one one more game in twenty twenty four than he did in twenty twenty three. I just think that the end is much closer than we anticipate, and for a speed guy like that, it just doesn't seem like it's gonna work out for him. I'd avoid Tyreek at all costs.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, at the cost is the third round. That's too rich for my blood as well. We are both a no on Tyreek Hill. When we come back, we'll start creeping into age thirty two seasons. Find out about this next and final batch of old men when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly, Segment two Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchi and Matt Harrison with you. We're talking through older players who have been very productive we hope will continue to be productive. But can we ring out one more good year from these guys? So far, Matt and I have agreed on three of our four previous players. We next turn our attention Matt to thirty two year old or soon to be thirty two year old Los Angeles Rams Wide receiver Davante Adams with oney twenty nine career touches. What do you think about Davante Adams? Can we ring out one more good year?
Speaker 3: So I mean I could run back kind of the same stats about Tyreek and attach them to Adams. But there's something else I want to mention. It's the new team bump. Oh, especially the new team bump you sat franchise like Joe Mixon did it last year. He had a nice little bump at the beginning of the year. So did Davante Adams when he was traded to the Jets. By the way, even Jerry Judy had a new bump last year. So new situations that teams that want you often bring some confidence and success. And Adams walks into a role vacated by Cooper Cup, and Cup averaged eight targets per game in a season where he just looked cooked and I couldn't get anything done anymore. Adams finished his wide receiver twelve last year. He's a wide receiver one in stats, and he's had success everywhere he's been, even with Gardner Minshew and other quarterbacks in Vegas. He's been successful wherever he's been. Stafford is accurate and competent enough for me to be interested. We're going to talk more about Stafford a little bit later, but I'm in on Devonte Adams.
Speaker 1: How are you? You're in on Adams? I am also in on Adams. This is the best offense he's been in since his Aaron Rodgers days, and I like, I've got a lot of the same talking points I Last year he looked good and last season posted a sixty percent catch rate, his highest level since his Green Bay days when he was catching from Aaron Rodgers. I think he gets a quarterback upgrade here. And he's not a pure slot receiver like Cooper Cup, but he runs from the slot enough that'll take some of those routes that you had mentioned the eight targets per game the Cooper Cup had when Cooper Cup was, as you may, and way more cooked than Devonte Adams. So he and he actually ran more slot routes last year Adams did than he did outside routes. So you know, I don't see the drop off comings. I don't think it's gonna be sudden here. I think Adams gets one more good season, and with with Pukainakua drawing a lot of attention. It's gonna be a lot of one on one for DeVante Adams, and I think he's sitting on a nice season, so we both believe he's going to ring out another good season. Next up, age thirty five Kansas City tight end Travis Kelsey twelve.
Speaker 3: Harder acting like these guys are so old.
Speaker 1: By the way, thirty five years old.
Speaker 3: I mean that's ten years younger than me.
Speaker 1: Well we are not. Well, you could be a professional ballplayer, don't get me wrong. I mean I think you absolutely have it inside you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably do.
Speaker 1: Kelsey had it sort of a gentle slide into not mediocrity, but he took a slide backwards last year. Although I'll credit him for staying healthy again. I mean, one of the most bankable qualities you get out of Travis Kelcey. Dude stays healthy, he plays games. But just looking at Travis Kelcey, you can see he's slowing down. And there's some metrics to back that up. Per next Gen stats, his yards per catch plummeted down to three point seven yards per catch. That's it, and that's awfully close the line of scrimmage. It's hard to be a fantasy factor when you're catching the ball four yards downfield. That's down from five and a half yards the year before that.
Speaker 3: And thank you.
Speaker 1: Kelsey's separation dropped from three point seven yards to three point two yards, so defenders are getting closer to him, which also suggests he's losing a little to speed, little to wiggle. And he fell from fifth to thirteenth an end zone target percentage, which explains why I only had three touchdowns in the regular season last year. So and here he is entering h thirty five. I mean, I just don't I just don't see a tight end at age thirty five reversing those trends. Matt, So, I am going to go no on Travis Kelcey will not ring out another good season. What do you say?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: To be honest, I was really surprised that he decided to come back this year. I thought that last year was going to be the end of it for him. I think if the Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl, I think he would have retired because he's just got too much other stuff going on in his life.
Speaker 1: But life's busy, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, besides being a football player, he's on a crazy popular podcast, He's got products that he's pimping all over. He's got a beer brand, like his girlfriend is the most popular person on the planet, like, and his body's kind of starting to fail him a little bit, as yardage total was the worst in his career. Despite catching ninety seven passes, he only averaged eight point five yards per catch, down from ten point six and twenty two, twenty three and twenty twenty two and earlier in his career. It was never below twelve in any other year in his career. So he also only scored four total touchdowns last year in nineteen games including the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a bummer.
Speaker 3: You need more than four total touchdowns out of your tight end. So I kind of wonder if he gets to training camp and laces them up and maybe he feels like you and I would if we lay them up the training camp on the second day and he just goes, dang, I'm sore. Maybe I'm just gonna go hang out with Taylor and do the podcast with my brother, and like, if I were to draft him in a Scott Fish Bowl draft, he would retire, guarantee.
Speaker 1: That's all it would take. That's all it would take. I really like the guy, but I think it's over Johnny keeping Taylor Swift sexually satisfied as a full time job. I don't think he can do both.
Speaker 3: I mean, you gotta do it right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you had a choice of spending a lot of time doing one or the other. I think I think it's pretty clear what you end up doing at age thirty five when you've already won super Bowls. I mean, I think it's pretty pretty straightforward.
Speaker 3: Makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Speaking of age thirty five, we have another wide receiver that we're going to try to ring out another good year on, and that's Carolina wide receiver Adam Thelen with seven a little over seven hundred career touches age thirty five. As I mentioned, what are your thoughts on ringing out one more good year from Thelen?
Speaker 3: Well, Adam Thelen now connected to Jennifer Lopez as his new girlfriend.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, and his wife would be very surprised to learn that.
Speaker 3: If he can stay on the field, I think that Adam Theelen's craftiness can just keep him relevant. He didn't get drafted in the NFL and he didn't become a pro bowler because of He's like an insane physical specimen here. He got there by being smarter and more technical than his counterparts. And when Bryce Young started getting good at the end of the year last year, Adam Thielen got five or more catches in every game, six straight to finish the year. Now, granted Ted McMillan's there, he's going to be getting a lot of target share, but the short and intermediate slot stuff is where THELAN butters his bread. And speaking of short stuff, Bryce Young kind of has to get rid of the ball a little quicker. So I think that THELAN is still still relevant here, and when he is healthy, I think he's going to be like a wide receiver three flex play most weeks. So I'm still in on Adam Thlen for one more year.
Speaker 1: Same I'm in on THEA and out. It's part of it's the eye test. We know we had that long hamstring injury, which you have to factor this, and he's had soft tissue injuries a lot Adam Thielen has. But when he came back from Week thirteen forward last year, he was Pro Football Focus is wide receiver eleven and just in Fantasy points, he was wide receiver twenty in PPR points that's you know, that offense was largely going through Adam Theelen last year, and of the ten best catches I saw last season, THELAN made two of them, and just an astounding catch on the left sideline and the back of the end zone catch that were just magnificent and makes me feel like Thelan still got one more good year left in him. Now he said this is this is gonna be his last season. So THELAN has acknowledged that this is this is gonna be the the swan Song season. But I and I don't. As you mentioned Teed McMillan, Now there Matt McMillan could could end up being very good. But here's THELAN who knows the Dave Canalis system. They know they can rely on him. He's gonna be in the right spot every play. He's gonna catch every ball that comes his way. There's so many advantages that THELAN has that I still think he's going to be the go to receiver this season on an offense that everybody thinks was you know it knows that got way better over the course of last year and could pick up right where it left off.
Speaker 3: I think if Adam Feelen stays healthy, and the Panthers are not in contention for a wild card spot. I think that they probably try to move him near the deadline, and I think they would love to try to move him back to Minnesota so he could finish be amazing. Yeah, and I think it wouldn't take much to do it. Probably a very late round pick. But if the Vikings are in contention, that would be a perfect guy to add to that roster as a third wide receiver. Again, all stretch.
Speaker 1: Feeling can play every position, he can run from everywhere, but he's great out of the slot. And the Vikings really and the Vikings receivers also need to be able to play everywhere, but they don't have a kind of a pure slot guy. Felan, could that I like your call mark the tape as they used to say in the old days. Thursday, June nineteenth, as we're recording this Friday, June twentieth, as it airs, we're not recording Fridays, as I mentioned, right into the scott Fish Bowl tomorrow. There you go. Yeah, Okay, are you bringing your swim trunks by the way, I am, because we're draft to get stadium swim so you know, for the people that go. You get to see the majesty of my chest hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean so, if you're anywhere near the Las Vegas area, get to stadium swim tomorrow, that's right to see churches chest hair. I'm sure he's gonna shave something really wonderful into it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a self portrait, self portrait, tasteful nude shaved into I'm gonna do that with the back hair actually shaved into the back hair.
Speaker 3: You'll have to do that.
Speaker 1: You can't do it myself. It's really hard to shave an image into your own back. I don't even know. I don't even know what it would take for you to shave. Just if you want to raise shave all the hair off your back, what would could you physically do it?
Speaker 3: You have to get a stick or something, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining getting getting an elect buzz style razor and draping it on my back and then pulling it by the cord over my shoulders so it drags line at all I can go wrong.
Speaker 3: I think you need a friend, phone a friend on that one.
Speaker 1: You and I have known each other for twenty years. Yeah, have we ever seen each other shirtless?
Speaker 3: I plead the fifth.
Speaker 1: Other than that time in Tijuana. Have we ever seen each other shirtless? Donkey show no our final player?
Speaker 3: I don't think we have. But I don't think neither of us have a swimming pool, so wouldn't seem like we.
Speaker 1: Would, No, I don't think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: I'll have to have Scott Fish send me some photos.
Speaker 1: I think. Uh, I think that's very possible that you'll. You'll they do a great job of promotion. There'll be a lot of promotion around Saturday's big draft, no doubt. Yeah, absolutely, yes, you got one more guy to talk about it. We do, and he's thirty seven years.
Speaker 3: Old, are Yeah?
Speaker 1: Speaking of back here, I feel like I need to really qualify the fact now. And I mean it shouldn't matter to any of our listeners, but I really don't have any back here, So I just feel like it now, I don't need to say that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know why you felt like you.
Speaker 1: Needed to say that, because who wants back here? Nobody's like, nobody wants to have back here. Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford aged thirty seven eight thousand pass attempts spanning sixteen seasons. Matt do you believe you can ring out one more good year out of Matthew Stafford. We already said we like Devonte Adams, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think QB just hits a little bit differently with this age thing. So I cited that thirty one year old wide receiver stat before. Yeah, there has been sixteen different seasons that a quarterback has thrown for over four thousand yards in his age thirty seven season or older.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, seven of which are Tom Brien.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you have to be pretty good to even be slinging the ball at thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so thirteen of those quarterbacks through at least twenty four touchdown passes. And by the way, some of the guys on this list Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers twice, Drew Brees, Warren.
Speaker 1: Moon for the Vikings, Oh yeah, there you go, Brett.
Speaker 3: Harv twice, once in Green Bay and once for Minnesota, and Aaron Rodgers. Now, Stafford hasn't hit four thousand yards since twenty twenty one, and that was his first year in LA and he only made it to the twenty four touchdown pass mark once in the last three years. But the accuracy in the zip still seems to be there. And Sean McVay he's one of the best coaches in the league. And he's also a coach who will get rid of an aging star if he thinks they no longer possess the skills. Yeah, so he's ready to jettison a guy at the drop of a hat. He let go of Jared Goff to go get Matthew Stafford, and God turned out to be a pretty good quarterback in the league. So I think Matthew Stafford finishes kind of middle of the pack as a starter. He's quarterback twenty two in Fantasy pros ADP right now, and it seems like he's kind of the bottom of a tier with JJ McCarthy, Toua, Trevor Lawrence, Drake May They're all above him in ADP. Stafford's a guy, I mean outside of JJ, because I think JJ's gonna have a fantastic season. Stafford's a guy that I'd probably take above those other guys though, And I think that you'd be okay, I mean, you're gonna be able to wait for him and get him later. But I think that I would like him better than Trevor Lawrence and TUA and Drake may So.
Speaker 1: I think that's a yes. So you're on yes, we can ring out one more good year out of Matthew.
Speaker 3: Stafforks So, and he's by the way on year to year contracts now in LA So I think that any year could be as last year, and I think that this might be it. But they definitely don't have a plan in place to replace.
Speaker 1: No, which is a little odd, right, It's not like his age is sneaking up on the team. I'm a little bit surprised that the Rams haven't done more to put themselves in a position to have somebody that they could be grooming to be the replacement for Matthew Stafford because it's not Jimmy Garoppolo and it's not Stetson Bennett.
Speaker 3: Well, they do have two first round draft picks in next year's draft, which is supposed to be much better quarterback draft. Well, I imagine they probably packaged two of them to get up or if things don't go well, they'll just take one.
Speaker 1: I'm also on yes on Matthew Stafford. Last year he finished his quarterback nineteen across the whole season, but as everybody knows, he played the first forty percent of the season without Cooper Cup and pokin Akua once those guys came back. From Week eight forward, including the playoffs, Stafford average two hundred and forty two passing yards, which was good enough to be quarterback thirteen and one point eight touchdowns per game, which is good about enough to be quarterback six across a full season. One point eight touchdowns in two hundred and forty two yards. Those are good numbers that we're getting out of. You mentioned going off the board best Ball Quarterback twenty two. I'm in on Stafford at that level. I think he outperforms that spot, and the talent upgrade from Cooper Cup to Devon Day Adams is going to be real for him. So I'm in. I'm in on Stafford, particularly at his UH, at his price point, and I think he's got another good season left in him and let's just hope he plays most are all the full season. Matt, absolutely, Yeah, this has been fun, great job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you appreciate it. Only a couple of h here, we'll give ourselves out.
Speaker 1: There, you go, Yeah, can we give ourselves one of these?
Speaker 3: I mean, you do deverve it?
Speaker 1: I think so? I think so? So do you? Listeners? Getting to the end of the silly podcast. We always appreciate you listening, and we'll be back next week for more Fantasy Football Weekly. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.