Speaker 1: The regular season is a wrap.
Speaker 2: The NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on the high flight hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every bucket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the next shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars.
Speaker 1: Do it live in the twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six NBA Finals sweep Stakes. Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, just make a five dollars lineup with at least one live NBA player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after the game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know the playoffs season. I'm all in on LA as always, Okay, See, baby Lebron is gonna light you up more and more and more. Get on the action that. Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cold, Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks a third partner of the NBA.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: I'm your host and it's the ISO takeover the one and only if you meet another He's a phoney huh, Aka Joe Sisty and still King Iso Joe and my co host Bengals Ring of Fame Monter Ree a six time pro bowler, a three times All Pro.
Speaker 1: He said they paid him for his feet, not his hands.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Liberty City is.
Speaker 3: Very ak A twin now my player partner head O Joe Siko Johnson Hey and mother co host. He's an eight time pro bowler, a five time All Pro, a three time Super Bowl champ, a Hall of Famer, and arguably the greatest tight end ever to play the game. He said he was hell when it was well. Now watch out your favorite oh aka, big place shape that shed it sharp. Hey, Hey, please hit that subscribe budd Please make sure you hit the like button go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth. Thanks to y'all. Look your boy ice on here, y are mean doing my one?
Speaker 1: Two? Hey? Check this out?
Speaker 3: Those look in the purchase a bottle of shave by Laborie A head over to Laportier Kannac dot com if it's currently unavailable in the city or stating near you. What hey, hey, look, check this out, real talk. It's a premium vs O P Kangnac, the smoothest, best tasting vs O.
Speaker 1: P Kanyac on the market.
Speaker 3: It drinks like a next so, but it's smooth and compared to other Kangyacs, you'll see it's the best taste in Kanyac on the market.
Speaker 1: Baby, Hey, hey, hey, check this out? What more thing?
Speaker 3: Pair it up with a nice cigar or even some za. Trust to George.
Speaker 2: Hello, nonbelievable man, y'all see it. That's who it is. That's why so old Joe Johnson with the intro. He did an unbelievable job that got y'allk denied. We cannot deny it. That was smooth. He be practiced, Joe. You gotta get you gotta.
Speaker 4: He he he What I told you yesterday. I told you he was gonna be in the mirror all goddamn Hey, Hey here all day practicing.
Speaker 3: Hey, Ojoe, I'm that damn backup. You don't want to get no damn reps.
Speaker 1: I know that. See were good hands.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel comfortable, oh Jo taking me two three weeks off, man, Joe, Hell of that thing?
Speaker 5: Let me saying?
Speaker 4: Man, Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, Joe, and we when when we're on vacation now, you know, I pop in airy Blue morning and give you five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's cool. I got some Hey, I got some special guests who will be on here with me.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm rapping some things like man. Y'all right, Baby, We're gonna be good, oh Jo Joe. We've been nominated for the Hashtag Sports Award of twenty twenty six. The short list we are in four categories. Best brand Partnership for Nightcap Outside Growth, Best Podcast, Best Athlete Podcast, Best use of live video. Please go vote for us the Lincoln is pinned in the chat. Guys, thank you guys so much for this, for your support. None of this is possible, Like I say, we say this all the time, none of these awards are possible without.
Speaker 1: Yours and your word of mouth.
Speaker 2: We can be as entertaining, we can be as funny, we can be as informative, as educational as we want to be. But if you do not like the content, if you do not watch us, so you do not tell other people to watch us, if you do not share our content, it does not matter.
Speaker 1: The one thing that we know is that eyes matter.
Speaker 2: And when brands and sponsors coming, it's like, okay, what can you do for us?
Speaker 1: And we show them the numbers, and we show them.
Speaker 2: The graphics and the age groups, it's like, okay, we want to be a part of that. So again, thank you for your support and you'll continue support. So thank you. Also Hashtag Awards for the nominees for the nominations. Best Brand Partnership for Nightcap Outside en Row, Best Podcasts, Best Athletes Podcast, Best use of live Video. Oh Joe, I cannot believe it. The Pistons blew a nine o lead down the stretch and they beat them in overtime. They led by nine with under two minutes what about two minutes to go in the ball And this is what check. This is what Charles Barkley said about Jalen Duran pregame. His whole game is offensive rebounds, lob dunks from Cave. He should never have just two rebounds. Ever, that's two more than another person. Well, tonight he finished with five rebounds, only had nine points with a plus minus of sixteen minus sixteen. Yeah, plus minus and minus minus sixteen. He was on the minus side. He ain't nothing plus. I only know why I mentioned plus. It was all subtraction. I guess I do know a little something because I've been saying this all alone. But he's gonna want two hundred plus million dollars. And the man who's been gave you a game he had ten two rebounds, gave you another game where he had five. Joe, I'm gonna let you have it. But Cave gotta stop turning the ball over. He turned He turned it over three big times in the third quarter, and that last one where Screws picked his pockets. You can't have that. He's too good of a player. He played too well tonight to have that and to let that be what we kind of remember this for. It's kind of like the Isaiah Thomas. You remember Isaiah Thomas when he threw the ball try to sneak the ball in bounds and Henderson ended up stealing the ball and laying it up. You can't, okay, Joe, how was Cleveland able to be so resilient down the stretch and win this ball game in overtime?
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, it's the same thing that we've talked about with Detroit. Man, you look at it. If Kay don't get no help from nobody else. Yep, Jenkins gave him a solid you know nineteen byas to Bias just probably his word aim of the series, you know what I mean. It's like, oh, Joe, he got so much he carrying on his damn back. Yeah, he gonna now he can't have no six turnovers. I'm with you, But some of them mistakes he gonna make. Bro just by fatigue, I mean his usage. He played forty eight minutes. I know they went in the overtime, but Bro, he's all they got offensively. I mean, Paul I thought Paul Reid came in and gave him a lyft. Hell, he made it to where it was hard for you for him to put during back in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 3: But when you look at Thompson, Okay, Joe, as great as he is defensively and three blocks folks, steals, five assists, seven rebounds, he has so many opportunities where he could still put some points on the board, meaning like he gets offensive rebounds, he looking to kick out, like he ain't even looking at the goal, just to even be aggressive sometimes, you know what I mean, you right there in the paint. I just feel like they rely on k so much and if he's not heroic, hell, it's hard for him to win.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: You said something very interesting is that if you look at those three turnovers, what was he trying to do?
Speaker 1: Play make for somebody else.
Speaker 2: He could have just went he could have easily just gone to the basket, but instead of going up, he's trying to dump it off and the guy moves, the ball goes out of bounds, or.
Speaker 1: Somebody ends up having the basketball turnover.
Speaker 2: I think he had four of his six turnovers, and and and after the half. That one in overtime was a killer because he got he got bit clean. He got picked because at least if you turned the ball over, Joe, if you turn the ball over and you give him an opportunity to set my defense. Yeah, I'm disappointed because we didn't even get a shout up at the rim. But if you turn them all over it if we don't even get a chance to set our defense. We cooked, Yeah, yeah, we cooked, and then we can do I said.
Speaker 4: You also have to think about it too, like Joe said, I think, for one, you need Tobias Harris to play. He played great all series, Joe. Hell, he's been playing great all in the entirety of the playoffs. But I think tonight is the night with Tobias Harris need to show up and take some of that pressure off a kid.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I know he played a lot of minutes, but he needed to be one of those that can when they needed the bucket.
Speaker 1: He needed to come.
Speaker 4: He needs to step up to the party. I'm not sure what's wrong with brother Thompson. As great as he is defensively.
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 1: Challenge. That's what's wrong with the most.
Speaker 4: We can't use that excuse, especially once you get that next that next level, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be one dimensional. You can't be one dimensional.
Speaker 1: Well, he can't change that. He can't change that in the series. Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what was wrong, brother, Jalen Duran either, Joe, you know, for.
Speaker 1: Some what's wrong with it?
Speaker 4: At some time to give you twenty, sometime to give you twenty. Sometimes they give you nothing in the playoffs when last. I don't I don't understand what I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't understand what's wrong.
Speaker 3: I think his best game in this postseason is fifteen to fifteen, Bro, I'm keeping that's the biggest difference. I mean, hell, he ain't no guy who you're gonna just come down and throw the ball to his his A lot of his points came from pick and roll with K or energy and effort buckets, but he ain't getting none of them. Hell, you can't only with five rebounds or two rebounds in the game, bro. Like, I don't really know, man, I think Detroit got some soul show shoing to do. But we still got to give Cleveland credit. Yeah, for sure, James Harden. Give James Harden. He needed James Harden needed this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he did, he did, He did give Strews credit coming off the BA with he was a huge difference maker.
Speaker 1: He was the difference was he absolutely was Joseph Yeah, mattrew.
Speaker 4: You a young boy was a fishing to night Joe and fishing his.
Speaker 3: Hell he a, He's one of those others who we talk about. Bro, you can't let you gotta. You gotta alleviate the others and make the stars be stars, you know what I mean. But if you let a guy like Streets get out on you old Joe, Hell, that's a game he potentially won for him tonight just by his efficiency alone. Hell, he only took eight shots, all of them with threes. He was six for eight from three. I mean, what what what better? What better complimentary peats you want next to you know, Mitchell and hardening those situations where guys making shots, Bro. I mean, he did his job tonight. He did his job because I don't know why d Wade be out there. He'd just be running Spress.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe, he waited, waited your five right either even four small forward bene Alan and the four and five.
Speaker 3: Yeah hey listen he be guard Yeah yeah, man, hey, he be guarding Kate. I'm like, why the hell, they got him guarding Kve because.
Speaker 2: They don't really have anybody else they don't have I mean, you think about it. And so when he can when he comes out, that means Streus comes in. And you see Screws basically guarded cave because you can't put Alan on him. You can't put Mobley on him, and Donovan Mitchell and and and and and James Harden can't guard him.
Speaker 1: So he's your next option. He's the only Strew saying, uh, what do you call him?
Speaker 2: Maybe you might be able to think about throwing Marril on him with maybe Tyson, but you feel more comfortable with Wade and Strew's Jordan, and I thought Strew's challenged as much as he could. Kate had it going tonight. He played well enough to win. But you can't turn the ball over like that.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't turn the ball. You can't turn the ball over, old Joe.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna keep it real, man, Cleveland ain't got now one person who can stick to b He get whatever you want, Joe, he gets.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about every time too. Every time.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, he may even need to be a little bit on self as you asked me, you know what I mean, because I know he tried to get shots for these other guys and get him involved. But it's like, damn, some of the passes he making do nothing with it. It's like some of the passes he making, he giving you great opportunity, but it'd be a mislay up or a missed I'm like, hold on, bro, I rather you shoot that one.
Speaker 2: I I totally agree. I just think the thing is we can say two things can be true. Detroit actually gagged, but there we've seen it before, Ohoe team where the opportunity was there, they just didn't take advantage of it. Give Cleveland credit because in the process of a gagging, somebody had to put you under the rest and then somebody had to follow through. And you see Cleveland they made every big shot. And I was I was just getting ready to tweet, and I got distracted. I said, James Harden is gonna miss one of these free throws. He's gonna miss one of these free throws. And I've been damn if he ain't miss one and they don't get the rebound, you see the realize the ball's my choice until until it's in your hands. He missed the free throw and you don't get it.
Speaker 1: What have you done?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a shot. Oh you played great, okay, but the ball goes up and you don't get the rebound. You ain't got nothing, y'all right, it's right, oh joy in our sport, you get it. Get them the third down, and then you can't get off the field. What good is getting them the third down if you can't get off the field. Oh, you shut them down on first or second. They ain't got nothing, but they come on the field first down, first down, first. Eventually that's gonna catch up with you. Eventually they gonna put Lord on your ass. Absolutely what happened? And then I don't know what took him so long to file? I mean, hey, how many decayed have five files?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta take that file soon as you let five second run off the clock for no reason.
Speaker 1: But I think Cleveland Bro.
Speaker 2: I think Cleveland Bro, Cleveland Cavalary has played unbelievable under under the rest like that, Cause ya, we talked about this. This series might have been shit have been over. If Shreter doesn't turn that ball over, This is over now, Joe, It's for it. Might be for one.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, and when you got you know, I think Allen and Mobley gave him great contribution tonight, meaning meaning they were superside Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you know, you just don't. You can't have one with eighteen and then another one with four, you know what I mean. So this is a great balance for them. I thought they big guns played well and then like you need a other you need somebody to come along, somebody who can help win the game.
Speaker 1: And they were Strews bro Hey, look, they've done what they needed to do.
Speaker 3: Now, I guess you know if you Cleveland, obviously you want to close them out in six.
Speaker 2: This will be six, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, they got to hold on. It depends what the game, what the next game at Cleveland, Cleveland, they got to close it out. They got to close it out. I feel good. I would love for this game to be one of James Harden's games. Whe has an out of body experience into that when he played with the goddamn Rockets. He's been too up and down. Gotta protect the ball. Domovan Mitchell gonna be Donovan Mitchell. I was I was hoping you get that shut off before regulation ended, you know, but they trapped him and got that ball out of his hands.
Speaker 1: That was a foul. Should have called a foul on Jared.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, that was clean.
Speaker 2: Thompson got that out clean. No, I'm saying Alan tripped him. Tom's going to get the ball and Alan tripped him.
Speaker 4: Hold on, do you really want to call a foul that in that moment?
Speaker 1: It's a foul?
Speaker 4: Yes, you got, you got. You gotta be cauts, you know. You don't want to end the game. And no, not not out that that that's that.
Speaker 1: He's going. He's going.
Speaker 2: He but here is the problem. Tony Brothers wasn't even looking at him. Go look, Tony is standing right there. He lookt this way Alan, and and.
Speaker 4: And Thompson right here, right right right right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Indeed with that, with that foul and send him to the free throw line. Yes, with on the clock, I would I wouldn't want to end the game like that, wouldn'tant again, I'd rather go to overtime.
Speaker 2: So if that's the case, guess what I should do. I'm gonna file somebody because you don't want the game to end in the foul. So I'm just gonna file hell out of him and say, okay, let's just go to overtime.
Speaker 4: But listen, if you think about it too, if you think about it right, if you if you think about football right, every single down, Joe, no matter what, especially in the in the interior, you can call a foul every single time if you want to, because every single time there's something going on, it has to be egregious. And you can see that trip was probably it was more of a mistake as as it being done purposely. So I wouldn't want the game to end. But they always always called tripping.
Speaker 2: That they always call that they called They called tripping about five times the other night.
Speaker 1: I gave you prime example.
Speaker 2: So you did you would you have wanted the Philly game with Bradford the fourth Hell, juju, you ow that call and just let him play.
Speaker 4: That was agregious song. That was That was that That was a game to end like that on too. I understand what you mean. I I just don't I love that the ref he held his whistled in that moment allowed them boys to go to overtime and allow the game to be decided by open play.
Speaker 1: Now the goddamn found well.
Speaker 2: He guess what he allowed to be side of the over play. Alan tripped him. He didn't call the bouts, he allowed it. But no, give I think I think the Cavaliers being down and being able to be resilient.
Speaker 1: And to continue to play.
Speaker 2: But you know what, in order you can continue to play, Detroit got to be got to do some dumb, bone headed things.
Speaker 1: And they did. They did. You can't there, Joe, Katie, come okay, you better than this.
Speaker 2: And and you know what, I wouldn't even have been mad if he took every shot, if he look at if you look at JB and say, bro, I ain't passing this ball. I don't give a damn unless they track, unless they triple toe me. I ain't giving this ball up. I'll let the twenty four second clock run out. Yeah, yeah, guess you let four of them go out and they don't if they don't, if they just don't score on one possession, I led twenty four seconds run out of Joe.
Speaker 1: I guess what I would win the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He look, Hey, look, hey, I still don't put it past Detroit to come back and win this series.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're gonna get two games in the road?
Speaker 1: Joe, I think they can.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I don't know if they will, but I think they built to where they can go in Cleveland and get Wael like that.
Speaker 4: Joe and Tobias are struggling, trying to carry the whole team on this goddamn back with no goddamn help.
Speaker 2: They went, they went through this last series.
Speaker 1: But this is the first game.
Speaker 2: This is really the first game in what this game six and and and thirteen games that Tobias did not play well. He did not play well. Now, he played well in the first half. You look at him, made he was making plays in the first half. Yeah, I don't know what happened in the second half, but he was playing well. I just think the turnovers just caught up to him. You can't turn the ball over like yeah, they had they I mean, they were constantly turnovers. And Thompson, Bro, you gotta stop filing you, Joe. What he's doing is putting them in the penalty so early. They shot thirty eight free throws. They shot thirty eight, they're plus thirteen from the free throw line, and James Harder just going bloom bloom bloom. Now he you know, hey, and you know he's say school, yeah, yeah, probably yeah, you you you you messed those up both times. You'd have been Oh he felt some type of way with that miss free throw. They come back and had won this ball game, and Donovan Mitchell six and six.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 2: He's putting him in the he's putting them in the penalty. They in six minutes, they shoot free throw. And you know how pressive Donovan and hard are. If they don't settle, they're gonna put pressure on you. And when they put pressure and they eat. Look, he's a hell of a defender. But bro, don't work work on any slide drills. You gotta work on shooting drills. You're killing your team.
Speaker 4: Hey, if Thompson's strength is is defense right now and he's not really that good on offense, does that mean it's twins?
Speaker 1: Probably the opposite. No, his twin is exactly the same.
Speaker 2: His twenty is a little better offensively a little bit here, right, yeah, a little better.
Speaker 3: But but I agree, man, that this is an offensive game nowadays. Now, if you if you're great defensive like he is, Man, Man, listen, he could.
Speaker 1: Be a hell of a player in this league. Bro.
Speaker 3: He it's it's just too many times. He don't even look at the damn basket when he got the ball for me. Yes, you know what I mean. And it's like, you know, it's just so much a And then when you think about Harden and Mitchell, see they these are two uh, two prolific scores in this league who really know how to use their body and use your.
Speaker 4: Aggressiveness against you.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we know you're gonna be trying to deny this day. And it's just a little slight change of pace bro to where I speed up, slow down. Now you're running to me now, but now you know what I mean. Now you have picked up y'all in the penalty.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. This is a learning experience for Thompson broke Gard and these two experienced guards who are drawing a lot of fouls on I.
Speaker 1: Thought he learned got better.
Speaker 2: You know who had to guard last year Brunson And what Brunson do? Stop let him to run into it and guess what. James hard and Donovan Mitchell are the exact type of that. They're they're different type players, but they're they're smart and they know how like you said, Joe, you your aggressive against you all they're gonna do is get you on their back. Get hey, keep your back there, dribble to basketball and guess what, Paul, You're gonna try to block it.
Speaker 1: And guess what, They're gonna jump back into you and they go into the.
Speaker 2: Free throw line. It's either ad one of the shooting too. Yeah, you went through with Jaylen Bronson. Jaylen Brunston is the master of that is bro. J n Wade from James Harden started as as Houston with that dribble, keep that dribble alive.
Speaker 1: He got you on his back.
Speaker 2: You got you gotta be super disciplined when you against He's got like super disciplined. I mean, like no intendencies. You know when games drive through the lane, he gonna have that low scoop to where he wants you to reach in and he you know, you smack his arms like he found baiting you, bro.
Speaker 1: And you got to know that.
Speaker 2: That's why you have certain teams. When they played against James Harden in the playoffs, it's keep your hands back. Don't even think it is in that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They're just too good in the aspect of creating files and they using it against Detroit but man, Detroit, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be they kicking. They let this one get away. He let this get away. People, But you want, you want Detroit to wear I don't care. I want the game to be honest, I want game seven. Guess what we get something to talk about.
Speaker 4: Listen, I tell you ahead of time, I don't see the Cats and Donald Mitchell and James Harden let this game get the seven.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you that, especially playing at home, you want to you want to close it out, you know, to get you to get you a little bit of rest before you have to deal them goddamn Nicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would. Well, that's the mindset you hope that they do.
Speaker 4: Got it, Joe and Joe, listen, you've been wrong all god damn playoff series long. Hey, Hey, as great as the knowledge as a game of basketball is that you do have, I have been right. So I think it's your best bet is to probably go along with what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, hold on. I'm not counting Detroit out.
Speaker 4: I know you, I know you.
Speaker 2: I understand what Cleveland should be thinking and what they probably are thinking.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking. I know what Detroit thinking too, like one game at a time.
Speaker 2: We gotta go down here and got your game and bring it back to We gotta have a game seven, period.
Speaker 3: We gotta win game six. So we're gonna throw the whole sink aty'll on who is.
Speaker 4: The whole sink? Tobias and tobiasa kind of hand, that's the whole sink, now, I see they switched up.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 3: Dunky Robinson was out his back, sore back. I mean Jenkins gave him great contribution. I mean, hell, he started off the game. He scored about the first seven points. Yeah, seven, Joe. They need Duncan spacing.
Speaker 2: They needed spacing because you gotta guard him because he's gonna look, he's looking to get that.
Speaker 1: Three off, get that three off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just think the thing you'll look and I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought Jenkins played well, and you had eight or seventeen, two or eight from the three, uh, one of one from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: But to Tobias was one of seven from the three. He didn't shoot a free throw, which.
Speaker 4: Lets me know he was seven anyone aggressive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was, he was sevening James Harden eleven or fourteen? What do you call him? Six or six?
Speaker 2: Donovan Mitchell, Evan Mobley five or six, Jared Allen four or five, shrewd of three or five, Strews two or two. I mean, look at look at everybody except Dean Wade wait Carr head. But for the most part, all those guys look at this and then man Duran, Hey, how tall?
Speaker 4: How tall you said? During his uncle like them seven that foot? Mm hm, he's just right right now. He'll not above eight. No, not, that's it because you know what watching him? Yeah, I mean I've been watching the entire time. I ain't got no choice.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, listen with what I've noticed, is he trying to get the ball?
Speaker 1: Now, Joe, you saw that too, Her lead right to a damn turnover? Hell you do it? No, damn well, that is your game.
Speaker 4: He got you gotta add he can listen. I hate when y'all talk about players. Right, obviously, I'm not sure how basketball works. But if there's a flaw in my game and something that I don't have, and I know it's being exposed, and times that are important, like right now, I waited the Austinas to come and add whatever that weakness is add to my game.
Speaker 2: It's ojo. He tried to do this in the game. I'm like Patrick Ewing, y'all remember Patrick Ewing. He sided to do it to say, hey, so when you practice that, when not work on that? Have you ever worked on that play before? Have you ever worked on that shop before? But so now you're getting the game and you want to try that. Yeah, yeah, so you do that. I seen listen, I seen the man dribble between his legs.
Speaker 3: I said, hold on a damn we just he like Peter Peter Paula say try it out. Damn Dad Like during like, shit, hey I can't get nothing going. I'm finla hoist up something said, turned right to it off.
Speaker 5: I'm like.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm like season o Joe. You know, it's hard to really work on your game. Door. You got meetings, you got practice, you got games.
Speaker 2: You don't have that time to just devote two three hours to just go on over a route running or or or a moved Yeah, you work on a little movie. You know.
Speaker 1: We got individual piers. Oh yeah stuff. Yeah, you can't work on the youth, not just a warm up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't nothing just some warm up off season when you work on your game. I'm working on stuff individually. Then with y'all get runs. Joe, you know, you get your runs, and I try to put it in use. Hey, I'm working on something off season. Now when I get back to manicamps. Now, this is my opportunity. Let me see, let me see, let me see how see it right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And you know what?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: That that foundation, that foundation of craftsmanship based on the position you play. Joe and Uncle, it's building off season. It's building off season. Once you get into that structured environment, whether it's basketball, football, hockey, I don't care what it is you play, it's all exit and nose. You got the already be the finished product once you get there. All that trying to work on stuff and change the game in the middle of the season, trying to add stuff.
Speaker 2: Ain't no for that, Nope, because like like Joe, you look, you can tested this. Joe, you laying in a city late at night. I mean you might get in one two in the morning. Okay, you want to sleep in so by the time you land, by the time to get your ass off the bus, I mean off the plane, get on the bus, get to the hotel. It might be two thirty three. Well you got shoot around once, you got shoot around eleven, Joe.
Speaker 1: And well on.
Speaker 3: Days like that, they may yeah, you may have shooting around probably eleven, or if you got a game the next day, we'll probably just have a meeting at like noon or one o'clock.
Speaker 1: In the hole.
Speaker 2: So you can't work on your gas. So what you gonna don't go to Jimmy work on your game. Now you're going straight to the game and you still can't work on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Everything is rolling so quick. That's why the off season is so important. That's where you bel a foundation of what I'm going to do hopefully be able to carry over into the season.
Speaker 1: That's why we always preach how important you know. Look, I get it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and get your little vacation out the way, because when you come back to set that foundation on Joe, the foundation is everything.
Speaker 1: Strong foundation.
Speaker 2: There can be no cracks, there can be no brother I don't care because one pig built his house on a solid foundation. The other pigs built on some bullgeized ship. Yeah yeah, yeah, that bad ass had to run to the homeboy house. Oh, they're about to be bacant. So get your foundation. Your foundation is everything, and work on a work from there.
Speaker 1: But and have an aa A.
Speaker 2: You got to have a mean routine, bro, I'm talking about a routine that you stick to no matter what the hell going on.
Speaker 4: You know what, Joe, That routine becomes boring to Joe. It is talking about about it all the time. That routine boring. They find you find you one of two things. Every player, you have to have a niche. There has to be something special about you. Because everybody it's a bunch of receivers, it's thirty two teams. But you got to have one thing about you that especially that separates you from everybody else. Everybody fat Joe. Everybody can catch Joe. But what is it about you that makes you different from the next person, not only on your team, but on the other on the other thirty one teams, which creates that value. That's what creates the value in you, Joe. I can do this, but nobody else can, even though they can run and catch. But this one special thing about me, this is my niche, and this is why I'm of value to whatever team I play for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fact. What we say all the time Greatness is boring because this money is doing.
Speaker 1: The same thing over and over and hoping for the same results. See.
Speaker 2: Insanity is doing something over and over and hoping for a different result. Greatness is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for the same result. You see, people, Man, I don't know how you eat the same thing over and over. I can see you don't eat the same thing and over. I can see how you.
Speaker 1: Talk about the job of emotion.
Speaker 2: But people get mad at me, Joe when I man, how you what row? It's really not that complicated. It's really not I say. What you're doing is you're mistaken the habit for hard work. You think because you do something every day you actually work it hard. You doing that out of habit? Man, I get up every day at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: What you do?
Speaker 2: Man, I be busy? Bees are busy? Answer busy? What are you doing to become great? And I think we should we should also highlight this.
Speaker 1: Guys. Everybody does not want to be great.
Speaker 2: We're specifically talking about people that want to be great, have a burning and a desire to be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it requires not only discipline, but it requires I was a commitment, not a promise. A promise is like podcrust is feeling and easily broken. It requires a commitment.
Speaker 1: Everybody ain't committed to do this thing every day all.
Speaker 2: The time, dream about it, think about it, live it. Boy.
Speaker 1: Man, all you do is all you do is work out?
Speaker 2: Man? What else you got because that's all I want to do. I want to be great because I do realize this is as a professional athlete. There's a very short self life. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a doctor. And get thirty years at this. I do gonna get forty years at this. I get a finite period of time. I can walk away and say I a man. If I had just ate better, man, you know what if I hadn't have gone out, yo, man, if I had just worked out a little harder, man, if I oh, boy, boy, if I could have studied, if I knew what I do then what I know now now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello, hello man, come on, Durren, you you I mean, ain't no way you should be eight nine points?
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, Hey, why who's the Who's the Who's the NBA guru? When it comes to offense, where most of the players go to it got to be one person.
Speaker 2: Uh damn me and like tin like if you want to the guy, what's the guy with the big the Cavaliers. Who was Chris Johnson out there in l A. The guy he used to be coached. He was with Tyler, He was with the Lakers last year. No, no, no, no, no, Phiel Handy. A lot of guys go to field. Kyrie worked with hil He worked with a lot of guys. Phil Phield work with a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Fields. Great at what he does. That's what. Yeah, him and him, him and Chris Johnson. Yeah what Rico did U c l A. Rudds Yeah, yeah, but you know Rico Rico, Uh, he's.
Speaker 3: Assistant coach for the Philadelphia seventy six. Yeah, but he still had he was out there in l A. He still get all them young guys together in the summer and you know they they do. They played pick up. He teach him how to play ocho. You know, he got a nice thing. I played out there back in my day. Man, he been doing that for a minute.
Speaker 4: I played at U c l A. I did one time. I did it wrung one time with Westbrook. God, and I was I'm not saying I was a baby. I was young, but I was still able to able to move while I wasn't a liability out there with them boys. And I tell you one thing, I got the ball. I ain't do nothing with it, but passed that bitch me looking silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the boy getting it ocho. Since I came into the league.
Speaker 3: You know it when I told you when we had Master p on here, and I told y'all Master p got a nine team. Boy, Hey, it be some real hoopers in there, bro Hey, Ben David and Paul Pisch used to host some games in the summer.
Speaker 1: He used to go down and you know.
Speaker 4: Who can hang with them boys, even though he never played that level.
Speaker 2: But he's good atto yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know but you know what, guys, I don't know. But I don't know what it is because a part of me think that if I were to go somewhere and I get some assistance, he might take credit for my success.
Speaker 1: And I don't want nobody to take credit for his success.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to Elijah want if I'm a big man, yeah, and I want to work on my offense. Who got bit what big man had feet like Elijah Wan Lebron went to him. So many guys have gone to it, developed that tip up and under the fade away winby think about it, not just rocket players, outside players. He said, Hey, I ain't hording this knowledge. If you want it, I'm more than willing to share it with you. But you gotta break you got it, like I don't care. You don't know how good you can be if you don't care. Who gets the credit?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I know, Man, these dudes here, oh Joe, they got it. I know if I was a basketball player, I know. I'm ay where am I deficient at? I'm watching I'm seeing where I'm deficient at? Who can help me working on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to get right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm working on that.
Speaker 4: A matter of fact, Joe, I might go see field Handy before I play.
Speaker 1: You go ahead, help.
Speaker 4: I might do that and Foundation you can go see whoever the hell you want to see. That ain't gonna help, That's what I want you to think, playboy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't gonna.
Speaker 4: I tell you one thing. I tell you one thing back in back in high school. You know, do you know what they need to call me?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm my nickname high school? Yeah, he's gonna wait to under that going, Hey, Hey, I like that.
Speaker 5: I used that.
Speaker 4: Hey, are you at the workshop? Man?
Speaker 1: That was a good one.
Speaker 2: The next segment is brought to you by Tommy John where comfort is the new power move and the Lakers pulled a power move on Lebron. On March thirty first, the Lakers defeated the Cavaliers to security of Lebron James his record breaking twelve hundred and twenty ninth win. It was the same night Luca passed fifteen thousand points, Rui passed five thousand points. JJ Reddick reached one hundred wins. According to Dave mcminnimon, Lakers Jim rob Polinka gave the game ball to Reddick over anybody else, and Lebron felt Polenka's priority was yet another example of the Lakers taking him for granted. On other notes, he has had a great relationship with JJ Reddick. One thing the Lakers got right. The Lakers approached and how they show interest in retaining him and their plan for any discount will be a factor. Lebron James Herris Lebron James before Cleveland and with Lebron seven years before he got there, There was two nineteen and two twenty three, forty percent win rate. The seven years with him, they won sixty three percent of their games. Lebron Miami. Before he arrived, there was one forty nine and won seventy nine, a forty five percent win rate. His four years there, there was two twenty four and eighty eight, a seventy two percent win rate. Cleveland before when he returned, they were ninety seven and two fifteen. They won thirty one percent of their games, and his four years there they went to four NBA finals. They won one of those NBA finals, and they were two eleven and one seventeen a sixty four percent win rate. The eight years before Lebron got there there was two sixty nine and three seventy one. They won forty two percent of their games, and the eight years with Lebron there three fifty seven and two seventy eight. That's fifty six percent win rate. So overall, before he arrived at your franchise, you're winning about forty percent of your game. Once he's there, you win about sixty two percent of your games. So basically that's a twenty two percent increase. Now and people like, oh, Lebron ain't do nothing? Eight years in Milwaukee? How many championships does the Johannis have, Joe one?
Speaker 1: How many NBA Finals had he gone to one? Right? Go on, he's finals MVP in eight years in Denver? How many championships have Yo? Get one? Joe one? Interesting? Now one got now? Joannis is deemed successful? Yo? Get you? Deem successful? Only one? O, Joe?
Speaker 2: With the same amount of championships, Yeah, a finals MVP, only one is deemed unsuccessful.
Speaker 1: You see how they did that, Joe? O Joe? You see, Joe, I don't like you. You can't do enough good to make me.
Speaker 2: Like it, Yes, sir, Hello, Hello, But if I do, you can't do enough wrong to make me dislike you.
Speaker 1: We see that going around. We don't get political here, but we see what's going on. You see what I do it?
Speaker 2: O Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm with you when you're right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, and you watched a lot of mad locks. Hey, and never my guy Matt lie se Ironside. I don't know if y'all remember Raymond Burr Ironside. He was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, mad Lock. Heat of the night, what nobody? Heat of the night? What come on? Oh, Joe?
Speaker 4: Might I used to watch Heat of the Night man.
Speaker 2: Come on, hey, Joe, let me give you. I want to give the Lakers fans and all these Lakers. Now, this is what the Lakers record was. In twenty thirteen fourteen, there was twenty seven and fifty five. They didn't go to the playoffs. The next year there was twenty one and sixty one. They didn't go to the playoffs. The next year that was seventeen and sixty five. They ain't going to the playoffs the year and in twenty sixteen when Lebron jays check took off the NBA championship, there was twenty six and fifty six.
Speaker 1: But boy, the Lakers were bad. Boy. People couldn't wait to see the Lakers.
Speaker 2: In La winning them americagan on. You do realize in that timeframe they got brandon Ingram, they got a Lonzo Ball, they got jew Ramdo now, how in the world would you be able to get the number two pick in the draft if you win.
Speaker 1: If if you in the playoffs, how is that possible?
Speaker 4: How do you get.
Speaker 1: Lonzo Ball if you in the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Something?
Speaker 2: My grandt used to say it all the time, o't yoe? Something in the milk can't clean. But I'll let y'all keep on talking. But I hold on, ain't no way Kobe, God count Kobe go. But that give me Kobe and pull up Kobe's last eight years. I only see how mean the NBA. How many times I see what he did.
Speaker 1: Last day. That's all we wanted.
Speaker 2: Last eight We just go get you the little comparing and contrasting. Because I tweeted something in twenty twelve that I said Lebron, Kobe and Jordan were the greatest players I've ever seen, and if somebody, somebody retweeted it, I say, but you know full NBA titles, four Finals, MVP, yeah, seven, all the NBA selection And I said, my mind changed.
Speaker 1: I thought this was the girl for me, Joe, but after she left behind Drvet, I changed my mind. Yeah yeah, but people make it see that you can't have it. You can't change your mind.
Speaker 2: So once you say something, I'm sure at some point in time you probably by the thought this football player. I'm sure a lot of people say with Joe Montello was the greatest quarterback of John Lway or Dan Marino was the greatest quarterback, Peyton Manning and then here come this kid that wentness sixth round from Michigan. I'm sure at some point in time somebody said this guy was the best defensive player. Whether it was Merlin Olson, whether it was Deacon Jones, it was Bob Lily, Randy White.
Speaker 1: Mean Joe.
Speaker 2: But then this kid out of North Carolina came along and fifty six on his back. And I'm sure that the corners they probably said, well.
Speaker 1: Dick Knight, train Lane. Nah, it was Lester Hayes, Mail Blunt, Ken Riley.
Speaker 4: Ken, what do you know about Ken Riley?
Speaker 1: It was Kenny f So this then this little kid, skinny kid from family from four.
Speaker 5: Miles Kim Riley, Fam You rattler, m M.
Speaker 4: You don't know no man, And you know Ken Riley A Joe Kim Riley the only bangal in the Hall of Fame with Anthony Munos.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: He don't get enough. He don't get enough credit, man, No credit. Boy. He was good boy.
Speaker 2: I learned something new every day. We're gonna start over last year. Last year, Cobe retired at thirty seven years of age. He averaged seventeen points three. We're getting four rebounds, three assists, twenty fourteen, at thirty six, he was twenty two six rebounds, six assists. In twenty thirteen fourteen, he was thirty five. He averaged fourteen points, four rebounds, six assists at twenty twelve thirteen, at thirty four, he was twenty seven, six and six. At twenty eleven twelve, he was thirty three. He averaged twenty eight, five and five at ten, twenty ten, twenty eleven, he was twenty five, five and five. He shot forty five percent in twenty ten. He shot forty three percent in twenty eleven, He shot forty six percent in twenty twelve, He shot forty two percent in twenty thirteen, thirty seven percent in twenty fourteen, thirty six percent in twenty fifteen. Run me Bron's rum me bron. Because we like to do context, yo, it won't be fair, oh Joe. We gotta provide content, Yes, yes, sir, yes, Michael.
Speaker 4: Listen, because you can't argue points and facts without context. And most of the time today, especially for you, you know, you know you want to be faction. You want to have you want to have the facts and the status of support whatever it is you're trying to get across.
Speaker 2: Because see, I think this ain't Michael Beasley told he told us, He said, man, you judging by decisions, but you didn't know the choices that I had. I want to provide a little context for you, because I know y'all like context. I gotta give you why I said something or why this cause you know, y'all, y'all, y'all told me Kobe was still that apex predator.
Speaker 1: That's what y'all told me. That's what lation told. Sow what you told me.
Speaker 2: Oh we know Lebron numbers. No, we don't know, Jo Jo Joe. Don't surprise it. Don't surprise it. Don't spoil the surprise.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got a question before you read our Bbron numbers during those times where Kobe numbers were what they were, was he injured during that time?
Speaker 1: Whoa? Whoa?
Speaker 2: What? Hold on all, I'm said the man thirty five, thirty six, thirty seven, Mike got forty or so you go.
Speaker 4: You're gonna compare. You're gonna compare the numbers based on age at the same time, hard aunt Lebron.
Speaker 2: Remember Lebron did start the season. Lebron got hurt. Remember you miss the first fifteen games.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yes, sir, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he did what he did when he got to the Lakers twenty seven, eight and a half eight. Do you realize there have only been four players to average that the old kind of up I think it was. I think Oscar did it. I think Jordan did it, Russ did it, and Harden did it. But all of those guys did it before they turned thirty. He did it at thirty two thirty three. These guys were doing it at twenty five twenty six. So what guys was doing at twenty five twenty six, goach James was doing at thirty two thirty three. Then the second year he was twenty five, eight and ten championship, and then he went twenty five, eight and eight, thirty eight and six, twenty nine, eight and seven, twenty six, seven and eight. Last year moving to the second option with Luca there, he gave your robust twenty four what was it, twenty four eight and seven, and then this year, yeah, he gave he ain't give you up a little get a little twenty four spot at the second option to Luca, he gave you twenty four, eight and eight, and then this year at the third option twenty one six seven, shooting fifty percent, basically fifty two percent from the floor. Has he ever shot less than fifty percent when he put the Lakers? Hm?
Speaker 1: Hm, he's shot forty.
Speaker 2: Okay the year they won the championship, So his second year there, when he averaged twenty five eight and ten, he shot forty nine point three percent. Other than that, Joe, he's never shot less than fifty percent from the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't think people understand how tough that is to do, like to be that efficient, especially as you get up in age. Bro, the man forty one years old, what he shot this year fifty one percent? I think fifty one point five? Bro, that's that's I guarantee. Is nobody's there done that?
Speaker 1: He can't do enough good.
Speaker 2: If you walk on water, people say, the only reason he's walking, God, he can't swim. If he could swim, he would swim in the water. He wouldn't walk. You your cancel? They say, what about diabetes? O choke?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 4: And you know the funny thing is about this conversation. Yes, and you think about what Kobe means to La Yes, you think about what Kobe means for the Lakers. What he's done for that franchise. You know, from the time he got there, you know, yes to the time to hiss untimely demise, Yes, despite what he looked like towards the end of his career. I don't think there's anybody that can come to the Lakers and unsee what Kobe did. Just get to just no matter what, even with you reading off the stats, even if you even what you reading off the facts, Yes, and how great Lebron has been for them. Those are the Kobe fans and those that appreciate what Kobe has done for them. Nothing, nothing will unseat how they feel about that man. So when the conversation to I understand.
Speaker 2: That'll be the equivalent of all of a sudden Chase, Chase gonna have better numbers than you. But that don't take away from what you did. Nor is Chase trying to erase what you did. See what people here is the problem that you're running into Ojoe and Joe correct mean from when you step in at any point, because because it was Kobe and Lebron for the longest.
Speaker 1: Period of time. Yeah, I can't get past that.
Speaker 2: You trying to come make us forget about Kobe you trying to erase Kobe's legacy, although Kobe's legacy.
Speaker 1: Is is enriched in my rush. But people get in. I can't, I can't. Kobe is Kobe hey.
Speaker 2: No matter how you slice it, Kobe is a top three laker all time, no matter how you slice it. Some people say Kobe, some people say magic, some people might slock Korean. But however you slice it, he ain't getting out of the top three. There have been some other greats. You got Elgin Baylor, you got Will Chamberlain, you got Jered Wes, you got James Worthy, you got mic and you got a Lebron.
Speaker 1: Kobe ain't getting out of the top three. And that's okay.
Speaker 2: It's okay to say, Man, Kobe is great, but Lebron is a bad It's almost like if I say Lebron is bad, I'm saying Kobe ain't no good. See, that's what the problem Joe o Jo. It's like if I say, if I say man Tyo was a bad.
Speaker 1: Boy, what about o Jo? O Jo was great too? I'm talking about Tyo.
Speaker 2: If I say Jered is good, Oh you don't like most many Man, You know what I love?
Speaker 1: You know what I love in the morning on my sirio Jo bananas.
Speaker 2: Why you don't put blueberries on himberries?
Speaker 1: I'm saying, I I'm highlighted.
Speaker 2: I like bananas.
Speaker 1: You can like what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But to say I hate Lebron and he ain't been good for the Lakers, you're not being just you're being disingenuous. Okay, thanks Franks.
Speaker 3: I think and when you think about it, the fact that Cob that was the only team that Cob ever played for was the Lakers. You know what I mean, he won what five tightles, and you know, yeah, they have had a disdain for Lebron over his head when he won the Laker. When you won the Laker and you come playing against Kobe and y'all a mono, Yeah, oh yeah, they had a form. And the fact that he's probably moved around to a few different different franchises and left his stain, you know, I mean, they embraced him, don't get me wrong, but but yeah, they would never put him over Kobe.
Speaker 2: Nor should they. And he didn't go there to try to be He wanted to go touse thig about it. We just read off what they were before he got there, right, They was winning seventeen games. Oh, Joe, twenty seven games. You was damn near getting the lot. You was damnar getting the number one overall pick. It's okay. I like Kobe. I love Kobe too. Yeah, Kobe and Bron were my two favorite players. Kobe was my favorite player before Lebron.
Speaker 1: Burn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is from DC, Prince George County. He knew about Kevin Durant. I ain't know nothing about Kevin Durant. He said, let me tell hey, Sean, let me tell you what I do. I'll get Hey. I'll give you Lebron if you let me get Kevin Durant because it was my turn to take the next grand player coming out of college. So it was my turn to get KD. He wanted KD because KD was from his neck of the woods. I already had Kobe. I go on, you gonna give me Lebron and I still got Kobe for Kevin Durant. Oh yeah, I jumped on that with both feet. Oh, Joe, Joe, I jump with both fee.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got one in the east and one of the webs, And all you want is Kevin Durant. Man, Please got it? You remember you remember the uh they was thought they was going to the finals, and and uh Lebron averaged thirty eight eight and eight and Orlando put him out. You remember the half Muppet series with Kobe and Lebron. I got the yeah shirt. Now, y'all know how long ago they being. That's been what twenty eighten, I still got the T shirt sixteen years later with Lebron and Kobe the Puppets on it. Y'all remember the commercial used to have on and Kobe be going crazing. Lebron said, come on, Kobe man, stop? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I used to like them.
Speaker 1: You can you could. Look, I can love a player, but I ain't gonna hate the man. Look what I look like? Hate what? Oh yo look like? Hating somebody?
Speaker 2: Oh? Your private example you could have. I mean, I think it helped because you and t O was best friends before he ever arrived in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if somebody came and they trying to help you win a championship, man, no wady say, Man, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: He came here.
Speaker 2: We got I Gotjo can still be y'all got, but I'm trying to help. Oo want me to come help him get a championship.
Speaker 4: Hey yeah, hey, hey, Joe was stood on that table. I was in Mike run office. I told Marvin Man, go get eighty one. I don't care what you got to do. I don't care what man, go get eighty one. Boy, boy, I'm about that was that was such a joy. I was like a little kid in the candy store. Joe, just normal dog was coming to play with me. I'm getting ready to be able to play with one of the best in the world, Joe. I'm till about top three all time. Joe say, yeah, oh hell, I told I told him to get that.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 4: I ain't got no problem being Robbin the Batman. Oh I'm taking the back seat, Joe.
Speaker 2: Absolutely think about that what o Cho had done for that organization. At that point in time. Ocho was the best receiver. I joke with him, and you know, talk about Downtown Freddy Brown or I about I Curtis h Yeah Green, aj Green, you had Slim Pickings.
Speaker 1: I was in there with Slim Pickets. Was was the best. And for him say you know what, I slide the number two? Yeah quick? After six Pro Bowls in a ten year span, all Pro the leading receiver. It ain't many guys gonna.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, I understood what was coming, Joe. I understood what was coming into that building.
Speaker 2: Boy, you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey was it more of obviously he was your partner, But did you look at it like damn, I know he's gonna take a lot of pressure.
Speaker 4: No, no, no no, because I didn't see it as pressure. I'm gonna get mine regardless. I understood. I understood what that dynamic, how he could come help us and elevate us offensively. I understood what he could do in the slot on the our side. And then not only that, they were always playing design for me and Joe. When I played, I didn't need a whole bunch of volume catches. All I needed was folk four or five catches the game, Joe, I'm getting off. I wasn't doing that all looking bowl screens and you know, slam round Joe. I'm running. I'm running rounds. I need you by that balls. I'm over one hundred.
Speaker 1: Hey a.
Speaker 3: But nowadays you'll be running a little bubbay.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 1: That makes that Joe, Joe want to get down the field.
Speaker 4: Hey, you heard your a Joe line, Joe. That that makes me uncomfortable. Yeah that I need to know. I need to be running around when you heard me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they run their bubble, you gotta have some wiggle.
Speaker 4: I got wiggle, Joe. But I don't want to wiggle where everybody in front of me. I want to know where everybody's gonna be at while I'm running. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That side impact is that collision?
Speaker 2: Cause you got to realize I catch this, I'm coming inside hiccup DT here come in, he comes line middle middle backer.
Speaker 4: I don't want none of that, Joe. And you know what, and I and I could be I could be honest, Joe that that's not my strength with the ball in my hands, that ain't my goddamn strength. I can't do what Chase do He bouncing off tackles and bounced off flying back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that ain't me. I want to catch the ball, beat the corner. I run the safety man, I said of the d N in the middle, back.
Speaker 1: Of the safety corner of I don't want no.
Speaker 2: I don't want no part of that.
Speaker 1: Heir the tweet. Joe heard the tweet that they've been digging up.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me say look at the date when I tweeted that the greatest basketball players of all time, God, Air, Jordan, Kobe in that order.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at the date on that. Joe, Yeah, eleven, two thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell the people, oh Joe, Tell the people what happened in twenty In June of twenty twelve that year in Miami,