Speaker 1: Let's mock it up and talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me, Joey B Joe Pisapia, and today it's time for another mock draft. That's right, the Welsh and I are here mock drafting. Our rear ends off for you to get you prepared for all your drafts. And today it's another head to head roto category style twelve teamer. You're gonna have corner infielders, we have four outfielders. We're gonna have nine random pictures. We'll see how that works as well. And to help us draft today is Joe A. Rico, Head of Baseball it's a very big title, and host of MLB Today over at Sports Ethos. You can follow him on the Twitter machine at Joe Arico ninety nine. Joe, it's great to raise the quota of Joe's here on the program. Thanks for joining us. How the hell are you?
Speaker 2: You know we're taking a page out of Welch's book, because you know he's on CBS. He's always with another Chris. You need the Chris squared. We got Joe squared today. So I'm glad to be here with you guys. Guys did might show recently. We had a great time, so I'm glad we can have some fun with the mock.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we are going to have some fun with the mock. We've already chose in our draft spots and our team names. I'm picking from the one oh four today, and my team name is MLB the var show based off of yesterday's pod, which was awesome. By the way, we're doing these ultimate guides now to infield. We got the outfield one coming next week and also starting pitchers soon too, so that's gonna be a great way for you to kind to catch up on everything and get prepared for your drafts. Welsh, you are drafting from the bottom here at one eleven, and your team name is in homage to our producer Bill. Help us out today.
Speaker 3: Hey Bill, Hey Bell, that's my team name. Our producer Bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels the bet I just we got it. Bill is like the voice of God for us. Like Bill doesn't come on screen, but then we'll just like hear him and he'll talk. But like so I feel safe, Like as soon as I knew that we had Bill here. I feel like if something goes wrong in my life or on the draft, I suppose as well, I'll just go Bell. I'll get helped out here.
Speaker 1: So that's Bill's a very comforting person too. He's got like a Stapleton kind of beard going on. It's a good time building.
Speaker 4: I don't want to guarantee it, but I'm guaranteeing I'm going to win the projections on this because I have Bill in my corner.
Speaker 1: Wow, that sounds like calling your shot there pretty much. It's pretty impressive. And Joe is a team underground Joe because he is drafting from the basement today. As you can see, he is at one oh seven. So we're gonna kick things off here before we do. Don't forget the Draft Wizard is open for business fantacypros dot com slash Draft Wizard, So go run your mock drafts now. You can do like three mock drafts in ten minutes. It's unbelievable. You can back out picks, you can do amazing things. And the best thing is if you're a premium subscriber, you get access to a lot more features too. You'll always get the analysis at the end to the breakdown who liked your draft in the expert world who didn't. Also, it's just a great way to continue to build up your stamina to get ready for all the drafts you got going up there. So again it's free Fantasy ros dot Com slash Draft Wizard. Of course, you can download the app as well wherever you get all your apps from. But go ahead, get your mock draft on. It's fun. It's a good time we're gonna have. I'm gonna start things off here, Joe, as we begin draft. To kick things off, your strategy is what real quick? Give me? Like the ten second strategy for head to head roto cats.
Speaker 2: Well, for me, it really doesn't really matter what if it's head to heat or if it's rodo. I'm waiting on pitching a little bit if I can. I'm gonna try and secure some of those more scarce positions early on.
Speaker 3: Usually i'd go for a pitcher in the first couple of rounds, But.
Speaker 2: In my drafts this year and you'll see today, not really something I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: All right, So kicking things off your show, a Altani goes off at one, Aaron Judge to Trey Turner at two, and now three. Excuse me. Now, I have got a conundrum because I've got a Kunya and I've got Julio and Jose, all my favorite guys. Oh my whee, this is this is a tough situation here. I don't know what to do. I thought it for I did not think I would see Otani go already there too, So this is fun. I think I'm gonna go ahead, and I'm gonna stick with the outfield because it's so bad. So I'm gonna take Rondakunia sixty four percent. I got the big you know, the strong emoji. I love the emojis to the draft Wizard gives me again all that good reinforcement, that positive reinforcement that I desperately need in my life. Julio Rodriguez at one oh five. I've been taking a lot of Julio. I'm decided to go a little acuna this time. We'll see what goes. O Zermirez at six, just before Underground. Joe, Joe, you're up next with the pick.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely gonna go with Kyle Tucker. I personally like him as my number two outfielder this year. So I am feeling like this is a pretty good bargain on him.
Speaker 3: I like him at least as.
Speaker 2: Much as Julio, and I'm gonna slightly lean his way because it's a bit more of a track record, better team around him. I would have taken him over Julio here. Should Julio have been on the board still, So Kyle Tucker, it's who I'm going to go with.
Speaker 1: By the way, well, yesterday I put a wager down plus nine hundred on Julio for al MVP. If you were with me for the Justin Jefferson wager plus fourteen hundred. If you're with me for Bryce Harper at thirty to one, and Verlander say young twenty five to one, come join me, everybody. Julio, why it right?
Speaker 4: Why are you not giving me the info before him?
Speaker 1: I just did. This is the I to.
Speaker 4: Text me you get us into a test. You'd be like, hey, it was in.
Speaker 1: The afternoon, you were busy. You said you were busy in the afternoon because you had to rush out after the show. I didn't want to bother you, so I'm telling you now. Juan Soto goes next at one oweight. Then Mookie Bets fled, and then hey, bail Well, she's up at one eleven.
Speaker 4: Hey, ball, you know why the projections are going to like me too. For any of you guys drafting, My newest ranks are uploaded on Fantasy Crows as far as the ECR goes an expert consensus rank, So that's going to help me a little bit. I really wanted Mookie Bets really bad. Jordan Alvarez is a really good value. He's qualifying an out in the second or so.
Speaker 3: That's that.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping that Freddy Freeman does not, of course come back to me, so that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but Alvarez is a nice selection. That's a nice consolation prize. So you took Alvarez. Then at the turn at twelve, Freeman and Tatis. That's got a sting. I'm sure that was probably where you were going to go with one of those two picks. So now you got to get creative with Machado, Devers, Austin Riley and only Austin Riley are also all on the board. Still, so where do you go next?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna go with Bobby Witt. It is tempting with you know, like Trout is out there. The system wants me actually, it says the experts forty three percent say that's where I should go. But I'm gonna go with position scarcity. I get to lock up all the stolen bases head to head. I'm also still very comfortable Bobby Wit takes maybe a little bit of a kick in points leagues not here though, So I'm gonna start with jorn Alvarez and Bobby Wit. There's some good upside and floor, and we are off to a very nice start.
Speaker 1: And Mike Trout continues to fall in the draft because after Bobby Witt goes to Welsh at two oh three, Corbyn Burns two of four, Garrett Cole two a five, Manna Machado, Joe two oh six. You got Trout, But shit, Dever is Alonzo all on the board? Where are you going?
Speaker 2: You know I was gonna go Machado and the computer snipe me here. So my initial thought is to go with another third baseman. But I might be a little bit early for your Dever's and Riley's, but they're not going to be here the next time I come up on the board. I'm pretty sure of that. You know what I'm gonna go with, Austin Riley. I like Austin Riley even compared to Devers, I think they're very close. But I'll take the team. I'll take the Braves over the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: There, I love it. All three of us have the same look too, right, like Joe me well, shall all have the same look. It's like, yeah, we want to wait on pitching, we want to hit outfield in third base. Yeah, this is gonna be a blood path this draft. All right, So bobashek goes next to two U seven. Mike Trout almost made it to me.
Speaker 3: That's why you said. I went, oh, Joe, do you see that? You ow Trout?
Speaker 1: I would have pulled the trigger on the Trout accud. Yeah, I mean you know me your first or last, That's that's for me. Look, Raphael Devers out there, the last kind of big money third basement on the board. I'm a big Devers guy. Short stop. Best on the board is Lindor, big fan of him as well. A Lonzo's still out there too, top starting pitcher of Sandy al Contra. As much as I adore Sandy, I will take the third basement. And of course I'm getting good positive vibes here as well from the draft wizard to do that after I made my selection. Then Pete A. Lonzo went at two ten, two eleven, Edwin Diaz two twelve, Paul Golsch at the turn to three oh one, Sandy al Contra Amaniol Classe with a c in al a n s and e Uh Simeon goes to three oh three and then three oh four. I am up next. I am not taking Jacob de Grom Draft Wizard. You know me, there's no way I'm doing this. I no no draft Wizard. I'm telling you right now, I'm not doing it. I will take a guy that I talked about yesterday though, who I think is grossly undervalued, underrated, gives you everything, a lead production across the board. I'm gonna go ahead and take Lindor here in the infield, so I'm gonna go ahead. Got my one big outfielder, I got the two infielders. Gives me some stolen bases. I like him. He plays one hundred and fifty games every year. At least you know you're getting within Lidor and it's a good line up. Real Muto goes to three oh five, way too early for a catcher in a single catcher league. In my opinion, I don't care how good real MEO two is three oh six. Michael Harris, he was into consideration two, and I want to see a little bit bigger track record, Joe Rico three oh seven, thirty seven seconds on the clock. Who are you taking? Oh man?
Speaker 2: I want to go closer because they're going off the board pretty quickly here. But maybe I don't need to go with the close of just yet. I think I'm going to go and create a little mini Houston stack here. I'm gonna go jose L two by take care of another weaker position in second base.
Speaker 1: Very good inside out here, just like the very emotional film that I can't watch because when bing Bong dies it makes me very upset.
Speaker 4: All right, Welsh here just cutting onions, cutting out.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't even enjoy that movie anymore, all right, Ozzie Albi's goes right after all two? Ve at three Oho eight, then Spencer Strider at three Oho nine. That was another guy I was strongly considerating. But we're all in this game of chicken at picture here, the three of us. We'll see how it works out. Max Sure's are three ten. So the bots don't care they're taking pictures, Welsh, is this where you take a picture or you going offense again?
Speaker 4: Well, I know how you feel, and I know how I feel, and this is one hundred percent Jacob.
Speaker 3: I don't care what you say. This is a good that enjoy.
Speaker 1: All ten starts he makes.
Speaker 4: It's gonna enjoy all twenty five. But I'm gonna just go see him tomorrow. So then it went Aeronauto and Ce. So the other pitcher I want is there. There's a couple other positions spots, the closers are there. This actually is a really difficult situation because the top tier of the second baseman went Jazz is the last guy I would like to have him outfield. There's a couple decent guys and closers as well, and there is a shortstop that's calling my name. Oh, decisions, decisions I kind of want to have with Jacob Graham. I'm taking on a little bit more risk. I really like Aaron Nola, but Shane McLanahan is Mike. I'm gonna go with McLanahan. I'm gonna take McClanahan into Graham there to get my first two closers kind of on like a wheel spot here.
Speaker 1: All right, There you have it. So McClanahan goes again, Eronato and Ceas at the turn before McClanahan, then Zach Wheeler, Aaron Nola, all the Philly starters off the board. Wrong order too. Nola should always go before Wheeler. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Four oh five, Luis Robert goes. I was hoping he might make it back to me, but that was probably a pipe dream. All right, Joe, you're up at the four. What do you got.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take my first starting pitcher. I think he's severely undervalued. Carlos rodon I don't know how he's still here at this point, but we're going with Carlos, Rodan.
Speaker 4: Out, rodnover Verlander and Woodruff. That's a big move, Joe, that's right, he did it.
Speaker 3: No fear, no fear there for cars sure over Verlander for me. Woodruf is close. But give me Rodin here for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Woodruff and rodonnore very close to me. I like Rodin and Yankee Stadium too. That's gonna be a good situation for him pitching for the Yankees. Hater goes at four oh eight. That puts me up there for four oh nine Mike que Right now, there's a lot of good athletes on there. I'm going to roll the dice one more time on the pitching market, which really I'm fully aware this could haunt me for quite some time. Instead, I'm gonna go ahead and take another outfield Randy Rosereina, who I don't think you'll be on the bords still. So I'm gonna go ahead and take some more power, some more speed. That combination I'll figure out closer eventually. Oh Dalton var Show my namesake here for the team goes right after Verlander, who was the picture I was considering taking those of four eleven, four twelve, Colle Schwarber, then Cedric Mallins, Matt Olson, Jazz Chisholm Ooh, I thought I could get away with that one. I know, I'm gonna go ahead and take a guy that I know Welsh doesn't like, and even more so now Shane Bieber. So i've got the guy that you don't like, and you've got the guy that I don't like. Perfect way to start out this draft. Julio Yurius at five oh five, O'Neal Cruz at five oh six, Joe five seven. What do you have?
Speaker 2: I am going to take my first relief picture here and it'll.
Speaker 3: Be a bit of a homer take. I don't know if you guys know who are listening.
Speaker 2: I'm from Toronto and I don't think I'm reaching too much here, but I'm gonna go with my guy, Jordan Romano.
Speaker 3: Great pick that, It's a great pick I would have. God, dang it. The robots.
Speaker 4: I hate the robots. The robots stole Cory Seger on me. It's all I wanted. When you said you were taking a closer. I all excited because I'm like, I might get Corey Seeger and the robots did it again right after Joe took Romano, and then Adulas and Alex Bregman.
Speaker 1: God, yeah, so Seeger, then the DoLS and Ragmans. So Europe for five eleven. And Seeker is a guy we highlighted yesterday on the show too, and that didn't feel deep dive. We talked about him previous shows too, without the shift. A lot of good positive feels out there. Frank Stanfold and I were talking about that yesterday. All right, we've stalled enough. You got twenty seconds, Welsh, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna tap this closing market and I'm gonna get a couple of lockdown guys. I'm gonna get Devin Williams and then coming back because Joe took Romano, I want to.
Speaker 3: Make sure I get some guys. I think I might just play.
Speaker 4: This is like a typical Ish wheel type of strategy of double tap pitch I double tap hitting, double tap pitching, double tap closers. I gotta tell you, there's a bunch of fun guys on the books here, but I just don't know if I want to pull the trigger on any of them. Oh man, all right, I think we're gonna do that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna stick to the strategy.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go with Ryan Presley, okay, and Devin Williams. So I got my two closers, and I have a I got some plans coming back.
Speaker 3: If you guys don't ruin.
Speaker 1: It closer, Schmozer, I want talent. I'm drafting guys that I know can play every day. I'll figure out closer later, and the carousel I will jump on Starling Marte five twelve. Remember the draft is just the beginning. Okay, you got a whole hundred and sixty two to go the draft. Go get the best talent you can. If closing market gets away from you, you'll figure it out later. Eloyamenez at six oh one, and Presley to hey bil Kevin Gosman at six' oh, Three Will smith at six oh, four and then six oh Five Alec manou WHO i, Was, OH i wanted to take. Him, joe you're up next at six oh. Six what's on the board for?
Speaker 2: You the next two GUYS i had on the board Were gosmin And Will. SMITH i Think i'm gonna pivot To Luis. CASTILLO i think it's pretty negligible the difference with him And gosman, there SO i.
Speaker 3: Think he'll be my.
Speaker 2: Guy even though he burned me in twenty twenty one AND i SAID i was never gonna do it. Again, UH i did it again this. Year i'm gonna do it again in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three, OH i love. It even let me burn me multiple. Times still gonna do it. Anyway i'm very happy because the guy THAT i wanted back on the board six oh. Seven by the, way Against Deo Bryce harper six oh, seven that team has clearly already had like four or five years before the draft because you don't do. This he's not playing To. July, Everybody oh my, god got. It this is where the bots have gone. Off here a little bit we Got And i've seen this in drafts. Too people just want to Take Bryce. Harper it's. Crazy Max fried at six poh, Eight i'm up. Next it's. Easy lock it in, You. Darvish that's WHAT i was hoping made it back to.
Speaker 3: Me he.
Speaker 1: Did and NOW i have my picking the litter, too From Christian, Xavier Joe, musgrove And Tyra. Glass now So i'm gonna take my Boy Christian javier BECAUSE i. Can so there you. Go there is my pitching. STAFF i am not even no, hesitation zero. Hesitation There, AFTER i Took darvish just to recap Franber, Valdez George, Springer Tommy edmund closed out the sixth. Round in the seventh, Round Xander Bogart's Gunner, Henderson Zach galland And javier to Me rutchman at seven oh, Five hendricks at seven oh, six, Underground joe seven oh.
Speaker 2: SEVEN i have a couple of guys That i'm considering. Here oh, man this is when it gets really, tricky especially when you're looking at fifteen team drafts and then you go and look at a twelve team or it does change.
Speaker 3: Your whole view of the.
Speaker 2: BOARD i THINK i do want to start looking At catcher, though although Maybe i'll wait a little bit On. CATCHER i shouldn't be discussing my strategy out in the open with you. Folks who else do you? Want, yeah who else do you?
Speaker 1: Want, joe let me mark this. Down, No, no you're discussing it for the benefit of the. People we're the.
Speaker 4: People the benefit of the. People, uh, yeah That's.
Speaker 1: Joe i'm a man of the, people.
Speaker 2: And you Know i'm going to take carez even Though i'm not fully sold on the. Pick the clock was winding down AND i panic AND i took South.
Speaker 3: Bread i'll be on.
Speaker 1: The paddock pic and Obviously welsh he's not Happy Oscar. Andez it's Seven Oway Corbyn carrol at seven oh nine does not make it To welsh seven to Ten Dansby, Swanson, welsh how are you feeling After corbyn came?
Speaker 3: CRYING i have tears in my. Eyes i'm so.
Speaker 4: UPSET i was, Like i'm going to Get Corbyn carrol here AND i will ruled the.
Speaker 3: World, ah all, right well you gotta pivot.
Speaker 1: Now he got thirty seconds and they took Taoscar, yeah all your, guys this must be The welsh. Spot we're drafting against the worst.
Speaker 3: Here this is the.
Speaker 4: WELSHPOT i shouldn't have updated my ranks over at The fantasy.
Speaker 1: Prosy what happens we update your, ranks all of a, sudden the bots go against. You they turn on its.
Speaker 3: Stupid all, RIGHT i give me one.
Speaker 1: Second all, right we're gonna do this and seconds, NO i, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 4: Know we're gonna go With Jose. Brady, Ok i'm gonna get a first baseman in. There he seems to be going higher and. Hire of, Course Jill musgrove. Goes Joe musgrove And Robbie ray went right in between. There Joe musgrove was one hundred percent of my.
Speaker 3: Pick after, That.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you didn't Take musker of. THERE i thought that's WHERE i almost Took musker. Of If javier wasn't, THERE i would have Taken musker of WHERE i. Was but you know, ME i gotta take my.
Speaker 3: Boy IF i was being, really really smart about.
Speaker 4: IT i should, have because If brady you, WENT i could have just pivoted To Vinnie. Pazquentino Obviously i'm not like the biggest On vinnie Past, cocentino but still so.
Speaker 1: All, right thirty seconds for the next at eight zero. Two hold your horses, here, buddy hold my.
Speaker 3: Horses this is pissing me.
Speaker 1: Off joelcar doesn't know what he signed up for today with.
Speaker 4: Us we're gonna go With Brian. Reynolds Brian, reynolds good floor. PLAYER i have actually a lot of floor In. Alvarez and to bray, You Brian reynolds fills that. Out not. SEXY i know everybody was Expecting Byron buckston on. There hilarious by the way That Byron buckston's picture just says injured On Fantasy pros and The Draft.
Speaker 3: Wizard that's. Hilarious, Well i'm not Even joe.
Speaker 1: Fit let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about Fan. Tracks Fan tracks is the most customizable fantasy platform in the, industry offering the greatest fantasy experience of your, dynasty, keeper redraft and Best ball. Leagues create or join A Fantasy baseball commissioner, League invite your friends and dominate your drafts this, season and the top dynasty fantasy baseball platform in the industry is Fan. Tracks it's not even. Close go deeper with The ultimate keeper And dynasty. Leagues create a simple redraft league or even a customizable Best ball league with up to two thousand. Teams if you're coming from another, service Fan tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize as. Needed, ever have a trade go wrong or a mistake and dropping a, player fan tracks commissioner tools allow you to undo any move with one simple. Click among the most trusted names in fantasy sports in two thousand and, eight whether it's, football, baseball, basketball, hockey college, basketball college, football, golf, SOCCER, nascar you name, it they've got. It and if there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league, Manager fantracks likely has that. Too fantasy sports doesn't, sleep and neither does Fan. Tracks with seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a, year there's a reason why fantasy players who try Fan tracks make it their permanent home for all their fantasy. Leagues sign up for free today and be entered to win an official Signed Vladimir Guerrero Junior jersey by simply going to fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy pros and signing up. Today that's fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy pros for your chance to win that official Signed Vladimir, Guerrero, Junior jersey Fan tracks home Of Fantasy. Sports and now back to the. Action, Uh Tim anderson at eight oh. THREE i like the runolds selection, There Dela cruz over eight oh. Four Wander franco is a value at eight oh. Five all, right Underground joe eight oh, six who's next for your?
Speaker 2: Roster CAN i just say That La Dela cruz that picked eighty eight is just. BONKERS i think that's that's crazy robots freaking. Out that's the robot freaking. Out i'm gonna go get my second. CLOSER i think we've let him slip a little bit farther than he should rise Ill, IGLESIAS i don't know.
Speaker 1: How, Ah i'm not. Happy get, Out get out of the. Show that's. It you're never coming. Back glacias was the top of my. BOARD i was WHERE i was gonna go. Next glass now also off the. Board that was the night next, election so my quges got emptied real. Fast. Uh hellsley goes at eighth. Eight now all, right it's time to, pivot all, Right so now we're all getting to the salty part of the. Draft, YES i like. THIS i like, this so right now the draft wizard is telling, me, actually you know, what one of my favorite guys still on the board. Too it's just whether OR i want to go for some more stolen bases here or IF i want to go for a little more. Power this is.
Speaker 3: Very, tight some power and then do it.
Speaker 1: Again yeah you think, So i'm gonna go For. Steele they're harder to find and. Dress how many is next on the board? Here, Well i'm looking at my, team So i'm just gonna dominate there SINCE i can't dominate In Saves batista at eight, ten Then Kenley jansen eight, eleven Trist mackenzie at eight. Twelve, uh Then Kyle, Wright, Camillo, Devolve Vinnie Best guentino at a nine oh. Three back to, me you, KNOW i can continue to be a. Jerky just take the other guy that was out there too THAT i was looking at, power BECAUSE i do have a. Middle i'm SAYING i got a middle infield spot, Too So i've Got Lindor Jimenez devers in the. Infield why not Take Willia Domstu And i'm just gonna go super super heavy in the infield THERE i want.
Speaker 4: HIM i want to curse right, now you're making me mad LIKE i want that.
Speaker 3: One that one you have.
Speaker 1: Rest that's, Right, well we'll do the h the After dark version of this show later on on. Stages uh nine oh Five byron buxtn't oh the O g NINE o Six Logan Web joe nine oh, seven you're up.
Speaker 3: NEXT i am going to go With Reese.
Speaker 2: Hoskins get myself a nice three plus categories Thirty, homers eighty, runs Eighty. Ribby's i'll Take Reese hoskins. HERE i can't BELIEVE i didn't have a first baseman. YET i THOUGHT i, Did but there you have.
Speaker 1: IT i don't THINK i have had a first baseman, yet but there's ONE i. Want but Now i'm pretty sure he's not going to be there when he makes it back to me Because welsh was my, friend which means he's. Spiteful all, Right reese's.
Speaker 4: Taken MAYBE i should just Take Nate low right.
Speaker 1: Now maybe he, should you, know as the Guy Reese hoskins goes To Joe rico and Then Clayton kershaw nine. Oweight wilson contrares at nine oh, Nine stephen La kwan at nine. Ten all, Right, welsh you're, up all?
Speaker 4: Right SO i am going TO i don't know why they Put Bobby witt at. There i'm going to go With Carlos Correa pass one hundred to get my short stop Because Bobby whit is my third. Baseman they Took trevor Story Logan. GILBERT i am tempted just to Break joe's heartle little, bit But i'm not going.
Speaker 3: TO i am.
Speaker 4: Torn between a couple. GUYS i went early, pitching one THING i don't like to, do AND i think this happens when you go early. Pitching sometimes you try to compensate on the hitting side and then you forget the dominance that.
Speaker 3: You had on.
Speaker 4: Pitching So i'm really battling that AND i Think i'm gonna jump on it right. Now i'm gonna make SURE i get one of my, guys And i've talked about.
Speaker 3: It one of my guys Is George. Kirby this, Year i'm gonna Get George. Kirby.
Speaker 1: Nice i'm a little surprised that the corea. Pick BUT i understand Why Logan, gilbert by the, way went right Before. Kirby but you Wanted kirby Over. GILBERT i assume.
Speaker 3: Correct, YEAH i Have kirby Over.
Speaker 4: Gilbert but two years, shortstopping the short stuffs are going like.
Speaker 3: The tier is, Now you're right. On LIKE i wanted To, domis you took. HIM i wanted Wander froncle. EARLIER i.
Speaker 1: PASSED i drained the. Pool as they, Say Nestor cortez at ten oh, three That Luis everarino teno, Four turio at ten o, Five Underground joe is up at ten oh.
Speaker 2: Six i'm gonna take care of shortstop And i'm going to add Another houston astro into the, Mix Jerry. PANIA i think it can do exactly what he did last. Year give me that twenty homer twelve steel. Potential there there you have.
Speaker 1: It all, Right, Well i'm gonna go ahead and take my first basement because he's still on the board being with you girls like being low and he is now on my. Team AND i got not, one not, two but three, claps so you know what that. Means, Welsh it was a good. Pick that's how we always do that here on the. Show now now on we're doing.
Speaker 4: IT i think on the, INTERNET i think that's usually a bad.
Speaker 3: Thing it's, like don't.
Speaker 1: Get, it you you screwed. Up that's what that, means typically. Speaking but we're gonna change. That we're gonna make it. Positive bedner goes. Next Then Yelich vaughn my guy at ten, Twelve Lucas, Giolito Hunter, Green Alejandro kirk start off the eleventh. Round now we're at eleven oh. FOUR i desperately do need a closer, Here So i'm gonna go ahead and Take Clay holmes and plug him in, there And i've got, one at least. Hopefully Luis arise goes. NEXT Mj, melendez WHO I i was very down on. YESTERDAY i gave us a lot of dissertation on that. ELEVEN i was, RUDE i was, Mean i'm a mean. PERSON i guess eleven o seven, Underground, joe you're on the.
Speaker 2: Clock another GUY i think we maybe let's slip a little bit farther than he should Is Blake. Snow he ended very well last. SEASON i know he's a bit of a wild, card BUT i do like this price on.
Speaker 3: Him i'll take snow. Here you're not a Fan.
Speaker 4: Welsh oh that's WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Wanted she's not happy with this. DRAFT i can tell you How. MOM i am. Here oh Man, MAN i want to play for Welsh. Man why did you put me on that?
Speaker 3: Teem dang my, god trying to get man.
Speaker 1: Eleven o, Eight Chris bassett And Anthony santander at eleven o nine volpi and eleven. Ten look at that reach eleven, ten eleven, eleven make a Wish Welsh.
Speaker 4: All, RIGHT i am going to hopefully double tap. This i'm going to clear out my, outfield say As azuki SOMEONE i really like adp of one fifteen On Fantasy pros right.
Speaker 3: NOW i love the power speed.
Speaker 4: Combo he'll be my third outfielder And i'm going to pair him as long as the computer doesn't do. It they did not With jake McCarthy Because i'm a little bit low on stone, bases so give me some stolen. Bases my outfield is locked. In by the, Way Joe bag AND i were talking about. This IF i have my which my mount rushmore of PEOPLE i take photos with in spring, training and he, Said Blake snell needs to be back on it two point. Zero we need another new. Picture if we do the BIG i Think vinnie Pas quentino is probably, One Blake snell is, two so we need two more on the mount rushmore of WHO i get a picture.
Speaker 1: With in spring. Training Leo julio has got to be one of, them, right he goes down last year.
Speaker 4: Too do we just do all the same guys and remember?
Speaker 3: WHO i?
Speaker 1: Mean that's kind of fun that it's like the school picture, thing where like every year you see them grow and change and you can put it up in your. House that's kind of.
Speaker 4: Fun it'd be more about How i've, changed how Fatter i've.
Speaker 1: Got suzuki Than peralta changes out the eleventh into the twelfth. ROUND C. J crome Then Welsh took, McCarthy stanton goes a twelve oh, Three glabor TOURS a twelve h, Four Jake cronenworth at twelve oh, Five Joe lurrico ten seconds twelve oh. Six would you?
Speaker 3: TAKE i am going With Chris. BRYANT i think.
Speaker 2: AGAIN i, mean, well it's my own, opinion BUT i do think he's undervalued. Here we didn't see him as much as we should on the. Field last year he was injured a lot no, Power but give me a full year At cores With Chris. BRYANT i kind of waited a little bit too long on. Outfield probably he's only my second. Outfielder but we'll start to correct that outfield is.
Speaker 1: Rough there's no doubt about, this all, right looking around here from the pitching market to there's a couple guys out here THAT i. Like i'm gonna go ahead and roll the dice here With Nick lodolo and see how that. Goes So lodolo's my. Guy and then we Have Ahmed, Rosario, Wilson Willem contreras going, next excuse, Me Sean murphy at twelve, Twelve consolin at thirteen oh, one then thirteen oh, Two Taylor, Ward Max, muncy all the guys THAT i don't. Like that's perfect because as another CLOSER i do like on the board. Too who is going to be the? Closer It's. Munios so there you, go let's. GO i, MEAN i know the boss will probably not project me, well BUT i still like that pick. There Josh bell at thirteen oh, Five barlow at thirteen oh, Six, Underground joe he's back at thirteen oh. Seven he's been playing The Stone pony for the next next three. Weekends it's a real place In, Jersey Asbury. Park that's where it's Where bruce used to. Play go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, oh you guys are on first name. Terms it me and my Buddy. BRUCE a new big. Deal what two free.
Speaker 1: Fall make a?
Speaker 3: PICK i Think i'm gonna go with another.
Speaker 2: Outfielder i'm gonna bank on The angels being healthy this, year And i'm gonna Take Hunter renfro. EVEN i, mean he could be healthy all he. Wants it's just a matter of the other guys being healthy to add to the counting. Stats so an optimistic pick there With Hunter.
Speaker 1: RENFRO i like. THAT i like that, phrase he could be healthy all he. Wants it's a great. Phrase i'm the other.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah Hora polanco thirteen oh, Eight yoshida at thirteen oh, Nine Ryan malcastle at thirteen. Ten all, right well you're here at thirteen. Eleven.
Speaker 3: Eh, WELL i got sniped.
Speaker 4: Again the two top guys on my queue Were Jorge polanco and Mount. Castle that did not work out for. Me i'm looking at two players AND i Think i'm gonna kind of try to deplete that first base, market get another corner. Infielder i'm gonna go with, power And i'm gonna go With rowdy to Let is for my corner. Spot and then i want to snag another. Pitcher And i'm a little bit torn. Here i'm gonna go with my, Guy Charlie, morton a little bit. Older i'm reaching a tiny bit ON. Adp it's not gonna be l. Reach it's like eight, spots But i'm gonna get my fourth sp And Charlie morton an, oldie but goodies a fine.
Speaker 3: Wine he, agedes well he.
Speaker 1: Does, indeed you know what SEE i saw A Showo tommy is getting A New balance. COMMERCIAL i saw A Francisco. Lindor if anybody should be having A New balance, commercial it should Be Charlie. MORTON i mean that's the Foot.
Speaker 3: Morton, yeah a four year.
Speaker 1: Old guy Getting New balance. COMMERCIALS i don't understand that at. All all, Right lozardo goes at the turn With Joe, ryan WHO i was hoping to make it back to. Me he did. Not welsh Took morton at fourteen twelve And durant at fourteen oh. Three Swore as at fourteen oh, Four rizzo at fourteen oh, five fourteen oh, Six Underground.
Speaker 3: Joe it's another tricky.
Speaker 2: ONE a couple of Guys i've wanted have gone off the board in the last couple of picks. HERE i Think i'm gonna have to keep going out, outfield AND i Think i'm going to go With Brandon. NEMO i Think i'm, gonna you, know three straight. Outfielders BUT i like What i've done, there a little bit of a balance across the, categories not a crazy amount of, speed but we'll take our outfield as.
Speaker 3: CONSTRUCTED i like.
Speaker 1: IT i was looking very long and hard at that gentleman, There Brandon nemo making it to my. Roster he did, Not so that's a little. Sad i'm gonna go ahead and take a picture. WHO i think change of scenery is nice for this guy getting into a better team getting out Of. Miami let's go With Pablo. LOPEZ i need some more starting pitching. Here take him off THAT i got a value picking a thumbs. UP i have gotten like slant eye weird, Emojis yet you know what kind of looks at me with the side eye a little. Bit we're LIKE i don't think you should have done. THAT i haven't gotten that. Yet we'll, see there's plenty of. Time jeff, McNeil Daniel, bard And Nico horner closed out the fourteenth round Than Ty, franz WHO i was, hoping may it back to? Me he did not a fifteen oh, One Alexis DIAZ a fifteen oh, Two garcia fifteen oh. Three so back to. Me. NOW i know when A welsh's guys is out, there BUT i don't want to do that to, him because that's just that's just me at this. Point IF i do, THAT i can, HEAR i can already feel.
Speaker 3: If you do. It Hey, Bell Hey, Bell hey.
Speaker 1: Mail we're starting this sob or noting the? Draft hell all? Right you know, WHAT i am a little light here in the corner spot, here And i'm actually gonna take a guy That wels you sold me on, yesterday who as a, sleeper And Jose miranda is gonna go in and put that corner infield. SPOT i left your picture, though just so you know it was being. Nice she'd you take him here From tampa fifteen oh? Five, Mate, sorry, oops fifteen oh, Six lawler. Goes now it's up to you fifteen oh Seven JOE. A.
Speaker 2: Rico i'm gonna go and get one of my corner, infield, well my only corner infield. Slot i'm gonna Take Matt chapman.
Speaker 1: Here there you. Go Matt chapman is off the board. Officially a few other names off the Board Bratty, singer nice value, There Dustin may and fifteen oh Nine Ian happ another solid value in the fifteenth round Like Ian happ fifteen Eleven Welsh floor's yours.
Speaker 4: WILL i will say That Brandon lao is kind of, falling and this is putting me in a big predicament because my guy everybody knows Is Jeffrey springs AND i have to have. Him But Chris saale is also on the board here and it's kind of tempted to double Tap saale In, springs but that is going to Leave Brandon lao off the board for, me AND i don't you know, WHAT i really don't have a second. Basement i'm gonna have to do. It i'm gonna have to Take lao as.
Speaker 1: One it's a good pick, THERE i, THINK i think law and there is a good pick and he goes next to fifteen twelve and then it's sixteen oh, One Alec.
Speaker 4: Boom the computer didn't give me the benefit of the doubt and maybe Take sale off the. Board here's What i'm gonna. Do i'm going to see what good people you. Are i'm gonna Take Chris, sale And i'm gonna see If Jeffrey springs. Falls we're gonna see if you guys take him.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, not or if you. Can oh, crap he's a top pitcher on the. Board he's not.
Speaker 1: One, WELL i was gonna say no that it ain't. Happen he ain't making it all the way. Back i'm shocked that you Took sale over, him especially.
Speaker 3: WELL i just wanted to. SEE i kind of wanted to see with the system.
Speaker 1: Of that's what the Draft wizard is. For it's foreseeing magical things happen with the Draft. Wizard lands mccolors at sixteen oh, Three estrat at sixteen oh, Four Jordan montgomery at sixteen oh, Five Jewel rico sixteen oh.
Speaker 2: Six gonna Go Jeffrey, springs even Though i'm not one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: SOLD i like the.
Speaker 3: Price i'm, Sorry, CHRIS i like the. Price i'm going to take another picture here what a? Monster what a?
Speaker 1: Mond mods are? Indeed all? Right Uh so after, Springs merle Goes Merle kelly fan of the, show Uh Luis garcia at sixteen oh, Eight i'm on the clock at sixteen oh. Nine Now i've got some thinking to do. Here roster, Wise i'm still missing a. Catcher it can still use more, outfield BUT i don't necessarily love the outfielders that are out. There one of the guys that's out there is a guy THAT i lambasted, yesterday AND i don't know how far he has to fall for him to be a. VALUE i told you he was kind of a bus, Potentially so my going to put my foot in my. MOUTH i think the answer is probably. Yes. HERE i THINK i do have to Take mitch hanigher BECAUSE i need somebody here and hope for the. Best AND i got the three claps, Again, Joe you're a. Hypocrite why'd you do? That that's basically what it gave me, here all? Right you know, What i'm gonna put my money where my mouth is as well for the next guy, here BECAUSE i really like this player going into last. Season he had a couple wacky. Injuries they weren't even like pitching related. Injuries But John, GRAY i think you, know there's no pressure on him in this rotation With deGrom there now. TOO i like What texas is putting together. HERE i think they're the third best team in this division right now. Period, Sorry, ANGELS i just do. So give Me John gray off the. Board he is the top pitcher according to the. BOTS i. Agree Javier baiaz, Gone Von grissom gone at seventeen oh, Six, joe you're up at seventeen oh.
Speaker 2: SEVEN i wanted to Go Tyler stevenson and fill in my utility slot with the second catch are. THERE i think he fell pretty far in this, draft sixteenth. ROUND i think that's crazy. Value BUT i missed. Him i'm going to take a look at. Pitching ah. Man you know the other thing too Is i've been doing four hour, pitclocks so one hour or excuse, me one minute pickclocks definitely changed the game here a little bit for, You i'll go With Grayson. RODRIGUEZ i think he's going to be there to start the, season even if he doesn't pitch a whole. Season maybe a little bit of a, reach BUT i think the draft technology likes, it so we'll call it a.
Speaker 1: Win that's, right we'll call it a. Win Miles nicholas at seventeen oh. Eight then you Have Yondi dia seventeen oh, Nine phillips at seventeen, Ten welsh what looks good at seventeen.
Speaker 4: Eleven, WELL i can tell you the player THAT i have to have on every single team is looking mighty. Fine i'm going to take. Him even THOUGH i have four. Outfielders every team needs a large new. Bar so that's a, no absolute no brainer THAT i can throw on my util spot and get a fifth outfielder in this four outfield. Team i've got two pitching spots in a middle infield spot, open and my queue DO i am going to kind of When i'm looking at my roster, HERE i still don't want to ignore. SPEED i have almost no speed on the infield outside Of. Wit my outfield is a lot of other guys like. That that When i'm looking at my queue is a little bit of a homer. Pick i'm gonna go With Josh rojas THAT i can throw in the middle infield, spot and my second base is kind of week right now BECAUSE i Have josh low or lau SO i want to make SURE i got that a little bit. Covered SO i want With Josh rojas for some stolen bases and a little bit of second base. Coverage nine need to focus on, kitching all.
Speaker 1: Right so after, that Cal rawley goes in eighteen oh Three, CODE i singa at eighteen oh, four that could be a. Steal in eighteen that's too that's too. Far eighteen oh, Five Travis, Darno, joe you are up on the.
Speaker 3: CLOCK i THINK i have saves pretty.
Speaker 2: Secured but this has head to head in week to, week you don't really know exactly what you're gonna. Get So i'm gonna take a third closer. Here we're kind of at the end of the closer market, here But jose the clerk are still sitting. There you, know a little bit of security behind My romano And.
Speaker 1: IGLESIAS i don't want any more security behind You ROMANO'S i don't want that at. All Walker bueller at eighteen oh. Seven holiday at eighteen oh, eight was this person think it's a dynasty? Draft care what's? Happening Hore lopez goes up next for. Me i'm gonna take the last closer who's kind of on the board. Here you, know The orioles were better than people. Realize they gave me a reach. ALERT i don't care BECAUSE i need. It, Okay i'm low in that spot there a little. Bit so after that, Happens let's See, Sandobal Riley Green gonzales go to close out the eighteenth. Round Jonathan, India Joey manessa's, OH i was going to take him nineteen oh. Three Jack, flaherty all, Right Jack flarry is an interesting case. TOO i wonder what we're going to get out of. Him all, right let's take a look, here utility. Spot do we buy the season Of Brandon? Drury that is the question. HERE i think it's a good one to ask. Ourselves i'll be asking it all season with this team Because i'm gonna go ahead and draft him and see if indeed we get another good year out Of. Drury ryan McMahon goes next at nineteen oh, five Then montas at nineteen oh. Six So i'm not touching with a ten foot pole this. Year nineteen oh, Seven, joe you are up on the.
Speaker 2: Clock i'm just asking, myself AM i going to be the one to do? This AND i THINK i.
Speaker 1: Am the answer is. Already. YES i don't even know what the question. Is.
Speaker 2: Answer the question is, mondesty and the answer is. Yes and at this POINT i Think i've been pretty safe with my. Picks there's not a lot of not too much injury. RISK i don't Think i'll take modesty, there put him in the middle infield, slot and hope for the.
Speaker 1: Best all, Right so mand to see it Is Trevor bauer goes at nineteen oh. Eight so this is clearly the throwing it all up there and seeing what sticks kind of a round. Here nineteen oh. Nine, Yeah schreiber at nineteen oh, Nine Jean segur at nineteen, ten and well you're up at nineteen. Eleven all.
Speaker 3: Right there's a couple of Things i'm thinking.
Speaker 4: ABOUT i did guarantee THAT i was going to win this projection, game so you have to think.
Speaker 3: About that in this.
Speaker 4: Process it's a very important factor, here, guys.
Speaker 1: You did you made. GUARANTEES i did make It Like Aaron, maverick you're you, know writ and check your your draft can cash here or what we got?
Speaker 3: This we got. This we're just going to make some picks, here all.
Speaker 4: Right number one one of my also favorite late Pictures i'm gonna Take Andrew, heeney who was also the top lift AT t twenty, Seven and this is a young guy that is. SLIPPING adp is not gonna like, it BUT i don't. Care Miguel vargas is going on my, team Then i'll call it a, reach, probably which they. Did Miguel vargas is inside my top two hundred and JUST i don't think enough people have updated their ranks on where he should go as the starting second basement for The.
Speaker 1: Dodgers that is pretty, fair all, Right let's continue on here with the. Draft So myers went after He nee And. Rogers vargas goes To Welsh, Bellinger Edward cabrera from The marlins at twenty oh, four the twenty Five Jose burrios twenty oh Six Joe. RICO i got.
Speaker 2: TONIGHT a couple of TIMES i Wanted, bellinger AND i was also Thinking burrios potential for a bounce. Back i'll go with another guy who could bounce back this, year AND i think he will in a new, Location Andrew ben And. Tendy you're getting not five category, production but low end five category production here out of my utility, slot close.
Speaker 3: To pick two. Fifty so give Me ben And.
Speaker 1: Tendy all, right there you have. It i'm gonna take some pitching depth here and go ahead and Take Alex cobb some help with the era a little, Bit so go ahead and take him off the. Board he's. Gone now in between The joe's here's who went After ben And. Tendy we, OH i got to. STEAL i got another lots of clapping going on, here lots of. Clapping Danny jansen went After ben And. Tendi Then milansen cobbed to. Me Bobby, Miller Debt, murs Dj Lemayhew, Tyler, Molly Josh young at twenty one oh. Two is a steal, There Shane boughs and then back to. Me And i'm gonna go ahead And i'm gonna Take Jordan walker and hope that he makes gave me the reach.
Speaker 3: Alert but that's. OKAY i just cued. HIM i literally just cued.
Speaker 1: Him. Joe, oh, well that's time because now he's not. Available we're in the twenty first. Round let's. Go Craig kimberl goes to twenty one oh. FIVE i KNOW i got to reach, there SO i know this is gonna hurt. Me in the overall, standings that's. OKAY i want to know what everybody else thinks when they're watching on YouTube. TOO i want to see who won the. Draft Nadi evaldi goes After Kimbrel Joe rico at twenty one oh. Seven as we're getting to the nitty, gritty as they like to, Say.
Speaker 2: Sunny, GRAY i think it was gonna be my guy. HERE i need a little bit more pitch and, depth AND i think this is a very reasonable price to be paying for, him close to two. Fifty I'm i'm not one hundred percent, sould but at this, point you, know like you, said we're in nitty gritty. Phase you're not going to love any of your. Picks But i'll Take Sonny gray here pretty.
Speaker 3: Comfortably.
Speaker 1: Yes and once you get outside of the twelve teamers into, this you know the fifteen team leagues and DARE i say, more it's it's. Ugly it's very tough out. There get your, guys, basically is What i'm going to tell. You so After Sunny, Gray Diego's Gregory soto at twenty one on. Nine that's a cagy little pick, there because he could end up being the closer twenty one to, Ten Martine perez twenty one. Eleven that's You Welsh Hey, bell Hate.
Speaker 3: BELL i need.
Speaker 4: Help these are not great picks or decisions or players to be looking.
Speaker 3: AT i hate them.
Speaker 4: All if we're being, Honest i'm going to take there's another just good Value i'm gonna put on the. Bench i'm gonna Put Ramon lariano on the bench because he shouldn't still be out. THERE i have not taken a, catcher WHICH i just. Realized it's a one catcher league, though And i'm just not going to reach at this. Point but a pitching market is.
Speaker 1: Well Kybert ruiz went another, catcher and Then Hora matteo went after. That so you're at twenty two to two, now and you're. Right the pitching market look the depth right now Major League baseball, period it's shaky because we're in a weird transition year where we have a lot of young players still kind of finding their way and you, know less established. VETERANS i think they weren't used to having on this. BOARD i think we've seen the last couple of years that. Changeover SO i think we're in a weird transition. Year so you got to start taking some leaves of faith with some young.
Speaker 4: Players, yeah AND i let the pitching stuff get a little bit behind, me which is. Unfortunate i'm gonna go to the GUY i really, Like Justin. Steele, oh a good. STRIKEOUT i was trying to find. Him there's actually a couple Of cubs pitchers that were ranked above him In stroman and Tie. On BUT i really Like Justin steele for. FANTASY i think that's just. WRONG i agree with, you they should not be drafted.
Speaker 1: There we also Have Will smith the free, agent Then Eric, Lauer James wood at twenty two o, five And Joel rico at twenty two o.
Speaker 2: Six, now this isn't going to help my score because it is going to be considered a bit of a. Reach But i'm going to go For shan And. NAYA i like What San francisco, does rejuvenating pitchers who come in there change things. Around Ross stripling is another guy THAT i love this. Year the two of, THEM i think they can make some magic in a new location this.
Speaker 1: SEASON i love. THAT i think that's a great pick, there AND i agree. Wholeheartedly you always watch certain Organizations, Tampa San. Francisco you know the ones that pluck these old veteran pitchers off and they kind of retool them and all of a sudden they're useful.
Speaker 3: Again you.
Speaker 1: Know it's like one of those shows where you put something out there on the on the you, know for the, garbage and they refinish the piece of. Furniture and that's what those guys. Are John, Birdie Anthony rendon and then back to. Me how about Some rowenzi. Contrerists let's get some more pitching depth. Here i'll take another guy, here see where he. GOES i do need another, outfielder THOUGH i don't love this because it's going you, know it's it's two. CHOICES i could take the unspectacular Lords, guriel or the spectacular for a short burst at a time twice a. Season Jock. PETERSON i don't know which ONE i want to do. HERE i THINK i need some more batting average help according to what the draft wizard is. Saying So i'll go ahead And i'll Take guriel because he'll be more useful. There in between those, picks we had tie On Bryson stott at twenty two eleven Josh naalere twenty two to. Twelve he lasted a long time. Hose your cuidi is starting the twenty third, round Then joaheim is out there twenty, five twenty three oh, Three Seth, BROWN i Took Guriel peterson goes right After Trevor rodgers reclamation at twenty three oh. Six Joe rico twenty three oh.
Speaker 5: Seven, HMMM i Think i'm going to go back to the position, players even THOUGH i don't like to have position players on my bench and head to, HEAD i just feel like you lose the stats and you lose hair on your head by looking at which guys you just, start especially in daily. Changes tell me about, that, BUDDY i, think oh, man you know, What i'm gonna go with c J.
Speaker 3: Abrams i'm gonna go With cee J. ABRAMS i THINK i like to steals. Upside. Don't he's not quite polished, yet but give him the course of the.
Speaker 2: SEASON i like him as a bench, pick SO i wouldn't want to be starting him in the, lineup But i'll taking where he's.
Speaker 1: Going he was my sleeper yesterday in the infield at. Shortstop, Again he's gonna have the. Job he's got stolen base potential at the. Minimum everything else breaks a whut he was a really good. Prospect he was just. Blocked let's not lose faith with this guy. Already, okay let's continue on. Here let's See Francisco, Alvarez Tristan. Kassas Then Tom murphy goes off the board here for The. Welsh i'm, sorry, No i'm. Sorry Cayl finigan goes off the board for The welsh at twenty three to Eleven Quantrille profar and then who'd you take next to twenty four oh? Two Marcus.
Speaker 4: STROMAN i just went With Marcus, stroman another guy that can eat up some, innings hopefully give me some, wins a little bit of, strikeouts just looking for some. BALANCE i went With, finnegan by the, way for a third, closer guy that looks like he's in a close In, washington since we have all these pitching, spots just.
Speaker 3: To lock it.
Speaker 4: UP i also kind of, agreed LIKE i don't mind in my situation having bench guys that are position players in Like loreano And. VARGAS i think are kind of like, elite So i'm comfortable with. That BUT i did want to have some more pitching depth that was down. There that's WHY i Took stroman and another, closer AND i will be finishing the draft out when it come out background with a, catcher a final pick.
Speaker 1: Catcher, yes me, too all, right so Look, Ranger suarez And veen go. Next Then Justin turner at twenty four oh. Five great steel, there twenty four. Five it's gotta play everyday pretty. Much twenty four oh, Six, joe what do you?
Speaker 2: Have Oh, MAN i want to go with a starting. PITCHER i shouldn't do, it But i'm gonna Take Aaron.
Speaker 1: Ashby, Okay Aaron. Ashby, well like you never, know it could work.
Speaker 3: Out it's, sue that's not a big. Deal, yeah last couple of, picks it could work.
Speaker 2: Out not my, favorite but like we said at this, point no one's your favorite.
Speaker 1: Anymore throwing darts looking for. Upside So, man, actually UNFORTUNATELY i think it was a little too long. There manceni ended up going to, you Then vasquez An. Ashby SO i don't know if you click something.
Speaker 2: Wrong, now if it timed, out, NO i think it timed out on. ME i think that's all, right get delayed for a. Second it's, Okay i'll Take.
Speaker 1: Mancini these things, happen and then that's back to me looking, AROUND i do still need some help. There you, Know i'm gonna go ahead And i'm gonna wait for catcher all the way to the. Again that's What i'm gonna. Do there's two GUYS i can stomach. Here i'm gonna Take Oswald, parrazza the onet Of welsh's guys here, shortstop and then after That Brett. Bady interesting pit selection, There Kendall graveman moreno one of the two. CATCHERS i was okay With lang on Her Brown. Harrison i'm gonna go ahead and Take Oh, happy who is the guy that our Friend frank stample was talking up. Yesterday SO i know he HAS moni grondals what The wizard's telling me to. Do But i'm gonna go ahead and listen to our Friend Frank. Stamford then he had a really good uh pitch yesterday on. Him no pun. Intended all, Right So Lang Brown. HARRISON i took o'hapy H bradley at twenty five oh, Five dominguez at twenty five oh. Six all, Right, joe who's your last?
Speaker 3: Pick i'm gonna Go Carlos.
Speaker 2: Carrasco good pitcher on a good, team maybe not a Great pitcher, anymore but good win upside decent strikeouts could give me twelve thirteen wins soart the course of the year with my last. Pick So i'll Take. Carrasco pretty happy with how it worked. OUT i do WISH i got ashby. There something lagged with my computer for a second right WHEN i was gonna hit. Draft But i'll Take mancini. Overall i'm pretty happy with the way the draft.
Speaker 1: Went all, Right, well who was your last selection? There BECAUSE i can't see.
Speaker 4: IT i ended up just taking as money grand, dolls just taking a closer at, there and to finish it, off.
Speaker 1: All, Right catcher at the. End there you. Go, okay so we have A b for. ME i, KNOW i took a couple of, prospects AND i Knew munoz was gonna get hit me in the projections to a couple of these. Guys BUT i think this is kind of a bee. Roster it's not exactly HOW i wanted it to, go But i'm okay with. It, well show what was your grade here before we get to the PROJECTED.
Speaker 4: I also got to be, hey, BELL i did well reject at the, top And i'm very. Disappointed bill's This i'm really disappointed THAT i Disappointed. BILL i let him, down and that's the biggest fault. HERE i did finish better Than, joe and, ultimately at the end of the, day it's the only thing that's actually. Important BUT i got A b grade a little bit higher than, yours closer to A b. Plus, yeah somebody else finished higher on this.
Speaker 1: Panel they, did they. Did he's actually a human and he's. Here SO i finished at. Five welsh finished at, four so this Time welsh BEING i beat him last. Time But joe number, Two so let's talk about. It you finished with a ninety. Seven how does that.
Speaker 2: Feel it's, surprising especially CONSIDERING i went maybe not off the board with a couple of, picks BUT i definitely didn't do what the what the technology was telling me to do a couple of. Times So i'm a little, surprised BUT i am HAPPY i went with those kind of crappier positions. Early you, KNOW i got a second, baseman got a third, baseman got closers out of the. WAY i think they liked WHAT i, did AND i THINK i like WHAT i did. Too i'd be happy to carry this team into the, season which always kind of sucks when you finish at mock and you THINK i want to carry this team and see how they, do and then it's just all, gone which is a, shame but that's the nature of.
Speaker 1: Mocks you know what's got to suck for. You had you just Gotten Andy ashby and he did in time, out you probably would have been. First.
Speaker 3: Right, Well trey Man saney is probably the thing that put him.
Speaker 1: Over i'm Just i'm. Good i'm getting. Joking i'm joking BECAUSE i mean that's what we. Do we always living and There let's talk about who like your drafts, too BECAUSE i want to get into this so that is almost effort for. Me it is my favorite part. Too Chris towers likes my, Draft Dalton Dell donald likes my, draft and some hansome fellow Named Joe Pieza pea likes my. Draft, however as, Always Mike mayor hates EVERYTHING i, do so he is a thumbs Down. Welsh how about you the expert, opinions who's up and down for?
Speaker 4: You, well the person that loved mine the most Was Pierre camis loved my. Too pierre Loved Scott youngsten likes, Mine Ryan moore And Nick mariano and would you believe? It Mike mayor loved my? Draft no, Our Mike.
Speaker 3: MAYOR i don't know HOW i did. IT i broke the.
Speaker 4: SYSTEM i will tell you the draft picks he loved Were Devin, Williams Ryan presley And Sea. Suzuki so Obviously mayor has got closers ranked pretty.
Speaker 3: High that is my big thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up, wow that's that's. Amazing you should screenshot this and send it To. Mary and you did it without Taking Ryan. MOUNTCASTLE i BELIEVE i.
Speaker 3: DID i wanted to Take Ryan. Mountcastle joe maybe. ENOUGH i don't know If joe has it.
Speaker 4: Set but AS i told, everybody a nice little trick is if you click on a person's name on the projected, settings you can get.
Speaker 3: Theirs.
Speaker 4: Joe if you don't have, it we can read off. Yours BECAUSE i am seeing.
Speaker 3: That TODD.
Speaker 4: D clark loved yours the. Most Greg, Smith Chris towers FROM, Cbs Travis, argo And Scott. Pianowski where your top? Five it's pretty. Good does it tell you who doesn't like your?
Speaker 3: Draft it? Does oh, yeah start, There, joe all right on?
Speaker 4: Yours Lucas spins From, Pictureless thanks you are garbage hate you and wants you to. Disappear he, heyes everything about. You Pierre camus does not like. You Nate miller From Fantasy pros called you bad. Things pat Fitz, morris who's the nicest person in the. World you must have done something horrible because he, said And Andy Barns Andy barrons did not like yours From. Yahoo so you know you were ninety.
Speaker 3: Seven out of one. Hundred that's. It, Well, joe what were your?
Speaker 4: Hates you, Said, no Not Andy, Fits Kelly.
Speaker 1: Kirby all of our internal people hate. Me but THAT'S i knew that, Already.
Speaker 3: Joe do you want to know who the number one person who hated my draft?
Speaker 1: Was, Yeah, joe piece of.
Speaker 3: Pa joe hated my draft more than.
Speaker 4: ANYBODY a bunch of other people Like Joe, Bonn Travis, argo But, joe you were the number one hater of my.
Speaker 3: Draft no, Shocks.
Speaker 1: Stay on, brand, baby hashtag stay on. Brand here you. Go all, right let's get to the the rosters here and talk this. Out what was, good what was, bad and we're gonna go through real. Quick let's start with, You joe and talk about your. Team salperez a CATCHER i know you didn't want that, pick BUT i think at the end of the day you look, back it might have been the right.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Reye hoskins at, first al Two ve at, Second painny at, short third, Base Austin. Riley then you Have chapman And abrams in the, corner in, middle infield Spots, Tucker Chris, Bryant, Renfro Nimo. Benintendi the Pitchers Carlos, Rodon Luis, Castillo, Romano, Iglesias, Snell, Springs Grayson, Rodriguez Jose, Leclerk Sonny, Gray, Mandesi, Carrasco, mancini And. Manaya all the ends there you. Got so how do you feel about this? Roster what was? Good what was? Bad in your, OPINION.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: OVERALL i, mean LIKE i, said with The perez, Pick i'm used To i've been doing a lot OF nfbc, drafts So i'm used to the two. Catchers so in my own, Head i'm pushing up catchers a little.
Speaker 3: Bit SO i probably could have.
Speaker 2: Waited and taken A kirk or one of The, contreriye that's What i'd like to call The contreres.
Speaker 3: BROTHERS i like The. ILLUMINATI i probably could have waited a little. Bit but other than, THAT i THINK i did WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Set out to, do which, is like LIKE i, mentioned you, know go for those more scarce positions early, on which second third CATCHER i, MEAN i didn't. Catchers catchers weird depending on your, format but generally weak or you take it a little bit earlier. ON i know you guys kind of differed from that, strategy But i'm not big on. Catcher once you get pasted about maybe the seventh or eighth name on that.
Speaker 3: List So i'm.
Speaker 2: Still, happy even THOUGH i wouldn't have probably Taken, PREZ i could go back and do it.
Speaker 3: AGAIN i like to pick. OVERALL i like the team, OVERALL i really. DO i like THAT i got a.
Speaker 2: Few astros there to stack, together a little ode to THE dfs players out.
Speaker 3: THERE i like. IT i like it.
Speaker 2: Overall Maybe grayson was a little bit of a, reach but, pitching you, know as Ay, man as deep as it is in the middle rounds, there it kind of. Does then once you get to that close to pick two, hundred sure like.
Speaker 3: That Jeffrey springs pick, too that is a really Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah all, Right, Welsh let's talk about your, Team, Hey, bill, Guess Monny, Grandella, Catcher Jose, Bray, You Brandon, Law Bobby, Wit, Junior, Rojas Teles. Correa that's your infield group. There Then, Alvarez reynolds, Say suzuki McCarthy And newt bar is your outfield and. Utility Then jacob De, Grom shane, McClanahan Devin, Williams Ryan, Presley George, Kirby Charlie, Morton Chris, Sale, Andrewhiney Kyle. Finnegan oh my, Goodness, WELSH i hope you have multiple ir spots ready for the gram and McClanahan And Charlie morton's one hundred and ten years, Old Chris sales of Walking il, Spots Ramon, Loreano Miguel, Vargas stroman And steel is your. Bench but, honestly, LOOK i mean this is a very boomer bust kind of a roster in my. Opinion what do you think about?
Speaker 3: It? Though, YEAH i think there's.
Speaker 4: Some boomer BUT i have like some bounce. BACKS i, mean Like Brendon, Lao i'm hoping to bounce back on. THIS i think my outfield is probably one of the best year with.
Speaker 3: DEPTH i actually.
Speaker 4: Kind of like the infield of like a Bray owen Wit rojas Tals. LOW i could kind of go without on the pitching. Side one THING i probably would do IF i was like a little bit more locked in now That i'm thinking about, It like getting A chrissale WHEN i already have To graham is not. Ideal LIKE I i would Take Jeffrey. SPRINGS i kind of wanted to see if he'd come back or where he would. Go Jeffrey springs is a guy would TAKE i feel more comfortable. About BUT i don't care about the age. Thing that's just not gonna bug me this. Year like Having Charlie morton and Having Andrew, heiny that's just not going to bug me at. All give me one to two high young upside, Pitchers give me A, kirby give me a, mcclanic and give me those guys and put them, around you, know solid good veterans with good. Closers this is. Fine this is not the best overall team. Construction there's a couple of THINGS i wish would have happened. DIFFERENT i do love my. OUTFIELD i like some of my, depth But i'm missing a Couple i'm, missing like a little the top end that really makes the. Team So i'm not. Surprised this is like a HIGH b. Team it's not my favorite of all, time but it'd probably be an a IF i Had Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Springs, YEAH i like the last draft better for both of, Us to be honest with, YOU i think both Of but, LOOK i like this. One this is this actual. DRAFT i knew it wasn't gonna get as hybrid, grade BUT i actually like this team in a lot of. Ways AND i would go to war with this team over one hundred and sixty two, games for, sure BECAUSE i think it's got a nice combination of upside and some youth in there. Too and this is why you go and you run these mock. Drafts AND i encourage, people if you haven't already fancyboros dot, com slash, chat Our, discord join if you, haven't because we're gonna be doing mock drafts with all of Our discord. People WELL i was just gonna do. Them i'm gonna do. Them we're just gonna keep plugging these away so you get to mock with us with all the, people and that is really it's even better than k mocking against the bots. There so let's get to my team, Here Logan, Ohapi Nate, Low Andre, Samenez, Francisco Lindor, Dever's Miranda Willia. DOMAS i like that, infield, Man i'm good with, That Ronald, Acoonia Randy, Rose arena not too. Bad and then it kind of falls off in the Outfield Mitch, Hanneger Boo, gury L, Boo. DRURY i don't mind that. One, Bieber, Darvish Javier, Lodolo Clay, Holmes Pablo, Lopez, Munos John, Gray Alex, cobb and then we Have, Lopez Jordan, Walker contreras And. Peraza, well what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: Roster, Actually Like i'd like a lot of what you. Did, like there are, Names so here's WHAT i can look at WHEN i look at this, Team like there are names THAT i just don't agree, With LIKE i don't Like bieber that, much AND i don't like how you tailed off on the.
Speaker 3: Outfield but like the overall their. Destruction, YEAH i can like envision.
Speaker 4: STUFF i Loved, JAVIER i Like darvish And lodolo is a FOUR i think is. KILLER i actually think you did a good. Job you tend to fall off on closers AND i think you did a killer job by not doing the top End. MUNHOS i told everybody he's one of my sleepers this year and Getting Clay holmes's. KILLER i like the. DEPTH i really like the pitching. Staff most of your hitting is really. Great you said that that infield is not like high end, talent even though you have Lind Or. Devers but then it falls off to like him in is lot, low WHICH i, LOVE i love AND i.
Speaker 1: LOVE i like those. GUYS i Like, adamas he's MY i think actually.
Speaker 4: Like your team a little bit better than. Mine sands like a few players LIKE i clearly wouldn't Take Shane bieber as my number, one BUT i really like the.
Speaker 3: Team why don't we do.
Speaker 1: This let's combine our rosters together and then we'll be first Over Joe, rico what do you?
Speaker 3: Think easy?
Speaker 1: Done here you, go we're tracking the, league all, Right?
Speaker 3: Joe you lose?
Speaker 1: Yeh, Sorry. Joe we appreciate your being here and we appreciate all your inside to go check Out joe's work. Too he's a great podcast. Host welsh AND i just both did his shows in the last couple of weeks over at Sports. Ethos so go check that. Out go follow him on The twitter machine At joe. O'rico that's TWO rs ONE i ONE c ONE o and the number ninety. Nine you need all That Joe rico. Nine and of course go check out The Draft wizard fantasypros dot com Slash Draft. Wizard go get your mock draft on AND i want to hear from all of. You if you watch this over here on, YouTube make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel over On Fantasy pros, too because that's where you can watch all the mock. Drafts we're gonna have live stuff here. Too leading off is gonna be here before you know, it in a couple. Months but most, importantly who won the draft in your? Opinion go take a look at the draft. Board we want to hear your. Comments was It? Me was It? Welsh was It Joe? Rico was it? Me see WHAT i did subliminal? Messages so tell me who's dim you like the. MOST i want to hear from you, Again drop a, comment, like, share and subscribe To Fantasy. PROS i want to thank the sponsor of today's, show and that's Fan. Tracks sign up today at fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy pros and you can win a Sign Vladimir guerrenro junior. Jersey that's. Right fantrack's the best place to run your fantasy baseball. League but make sure you sign up today at fantracks dot com Slash fantasy prose so you can win that. Jersey that'll do it for, us but the, story the game goes on For joe And. Welsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 1: Kid Hey Belle, bill thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros baseball.
Speaker 2: Podcast follow us On twitter At Fantasy PROS mlb and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb