Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trend BA trend VP Joel trend Bead. Hey, it's courtesy of Paul Garaventa on a PG The Discover. You know, heay, we we gotta win against the Celtics. In game one we got the MVP and well we'll learn to be happy with that.
Speaker 2: Hey, what mean? Look like I said, just got a little dinged up in game two? Gallott dinged up just like we did. Yo, you had a thirty four ding up. What do we get twenty seven point ding up?
Speaker 1: We ing up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But hey, those blots are good, like we were saying, those blots are good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are good blowouts.
Speaker 2: That's a good blowout. Yeah, I like those.
Speaker 1: Yeah because a D and Lebron don't even have to play in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just looks sore and sad.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sad. I'm sad. I'm an NBA sad boy.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, because that's a rapper name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my rapper name. That is permanently my rapper name. NBA sad Sixers fan. I'm Jack. That's Miles. There will be more games this weekend. We'll see And these are some things that are trending. King Charles is getting coronated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh this looks cool. I'm wearing my jersey as a mask.
Speaker 1: Oh that does look cool. Oh she hooked that on your ears?
Speaker 3: On my ears because they stick out. Bro wow wow look this is my new balla clava. Look okay?
Speaker 2: Anyway, yeah, King Charles, sorry, sidetrack.
Speaker 1: King all of our after this weekend because we can all swear our allegiance through the TV. Cut your hands, put the put your bloody handprint on the screen. Let the King know that you're here for him. We love you, folks. His coronation will see more than a thousand people protesting in London's Trafalgar Square, and so in order to intimidate protesters, the UK Home Officer the Police Powers Unit will be granted new powers as outlined in an anonymous letter. That's usually a good sign, right when they when they keep it anonymous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, you know what, anytime someone's granted new powers and it's not a fucking like a Pokemon or some shit, Yeah I'm not for that.
Speaker 1: So here here's a couple red flags on these new powers. They were rushed into law to prevent disruption and they were granted in an anonymous letter, so nobody wanted to sign their name to it. The also bad sign. Another flag popped, another flag on this one. The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights called the legislation deeply troubling. Ah, so we'll see how all of this goes. I mean it, we'll probably just you know, the mainstream media is not going to be covering them like arresting people four hours before the festivities begin.
Speaker 2: Dude, you know what these fucking powers are for? Old Bill? As they say over there.
Speaker 3: Under the new law, protests to interfere with key national infrastructure, such as blocking roads and railways, could face twelve months behind bars in unlimited fine. We're both, I'm sorry, unlimited fine? Is that like a spell from magic to gathering? Anyone quote locking on or physically attaching themselves to other people, objects, or buildings to cause serious disruption could face six months behind bars, an unlimited fine, or both, and police will be empowered to stop in search protesters suspected of having intent to yo.
Speaker 2: That's this is the fuck part.
Speaker 3: The police will be empowered to stop in search protesters suspected of having intent to commit an offense.
Speaker 2: I suspect of the intent.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have some suspicions about their intent, so I'm sure that will all be handled and used very responsibly. Yea in London which had missile launchers on like built rocket launchers onto their buildings during the twenty twelve Olympics. Uh is where it is, where they were at, so they keep it cool. Yeah, there's a grand coronation party scheduled to take place in Bob's historic Royal Crescient, which you might recognize as the filming location for Bridgerton.
Speaker 2: Called its crescent.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how British people pronounce crescent.
Speaker 2: Right, the Crescian.
Speaker 1: But somebody they got one off before before the letter was rushed through. H somebody mowed a giant dick into the lawn. Ah yeah, perfect, Like I don't how do they do it? Do they have a drone overhead that's giving them or like? Is this just?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: When you're back out and mow the perfect down, you can just.
Speaker 2: Do that with your eyes closed. If you mow enough, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: This shit's easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, bro, the penis is easy man for that bell end Charles for sure, Charles in charge.
Speaker 1: Charles in charge those other days and are knights.
Speaker 2: Yeah truly K and I g HDS.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. The bad news East Wind Bookstore in where is it? Located in Berkleyanis and San Francisco, which opened in nineteen eighty two with two locations, is now closing. It's just a sad day local.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the oldest Asian American bookstore. Yeah, of all the months too, on Api Heritage Month. But yeah, it's uh that's the written word. Man, nobody's fucking with it like that. Yeah, it's wild too, Like it's it. Every time I see a new bookstore open up, I'm like heartened, and then the cynical side of me is.
Speaker 2: Like, please don't get fucked up by Amazon.
Speaker 1: Yeah hold on.
Speaker 3: But I think that's why it's you know, it's funny too, because I I fucking loved the bookstore as a kid. That was like the one place my mom might buy me some.
Speaker 1: Ship yeah books and the best that was like my favorite. Like I have memories of that store and no other just like a local bookstore where you just like go and read and fucking.
Speaker 2: I mean the local.
Speaker 3: See I didn't really have local because at that point, like everything was at the mall, like I'll go to Walden Books or like Brentano's.
Speaker 2: You remember that ship. Did you have Brentano's.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. They had the.
Speaker 3: Green bag, the green shopping bag, and then it became Bookstar on Ventura, and then that became Barnes and Noble. But anyway, I just there's something about going to a bookstore that I love.
Speaker 1: You remember clearly Canadian, those Sparta flavors. I would go to the local bookstore, get the clear get a clearly Canadian if I was lucky, and just chill man, those were.
Speaker 2: Wait, they had a clearly Canadian. They were just selling that at the bookstore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bookstore. Oh man, very chill, very very chill times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please buy from independent bookstops.
Speaker 1: Please. This makes me think of the fact that the film You've Got Mail, in addition to other things that make it dated, where they're like, you can fall in love over email. That's the craziest thing.
Speaker 2: And Dave Chappelle's your best friend, and.
Speaker 1: Dave Chapelle's your best friend, and you are like the CEO of Barnes and Noble. That's what Tom Hanks's character is, and he's like putting Meg Ryan's.
Speaker 3: Fox Books out of Fox Books. Yeah, Fox Books, Fox. That's what his brother would say, because his brother was his dad's latest son from his wife, who was like twenty years.
Speaker 2: Old or something.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 1: This is wow that They were like, this is cool, right, people like corporations. It's Clinton's America. We're all good here. Yeah. Anyways, speaking of nostalgia and things were all nostalgic for hm. There there's a new Oreo that's coming back. I didn't realize it was ever here, but people are like, I'm so, this is like such a great nostal to play by Oreo. They're bringing back the s'morrio, which was a limited edition flavor from twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: I'm I don't like to hear that twenty thirteen was ten years ago. First of all, as a human being, it feels violent. Yeah, because to me that was just the other day.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 2: I'm about to meet her majesty at Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our producer Victor was like, oh, oh my god, I'm so nostalgic for this that.
Speaker 2: I was like, that was yes.
Speaker 1: I had been married for five years.
Speaker 2: Fuck Smorios doesn't do shit with me. I mean yeah, I don't know, like, was this a vibe, Victor? Were you trying to get these smorios? Like, because I know it is like I missed this. Was it a wave?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I completely missed this?
Speaker 2: Oh, Victor said, I get all the Orioles.
Speaker 3: Okay, so shout out the Oreo gang because I'm like, I I only get him when I'm super high at like Ralph's and I remember to see if there's any lit oreoles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Smores Girl Scout cookies are really good, so I have high hopes Girl Scouts s'mores. They just called them s'mores, no fun play on the word. They've just packed every cubic centimeter of these cookies with as much sugar as it will take before just like bursting into a pile of like sugar granules. And that they're wonderful. So I don't know that's the one. That's the sandwich cookie one. I think there's a different version for the East Coast Girl Scout cookies.
Speaker 3: But oh right, because it's either you get it from one of two shops, right or we were talking about that when you're blowing the lid open on big Girl Scout Cookie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's it. Was the Watergate of the Daily Zeikeeist. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. We're back, and Serbia is doing something.
Speaker 2: I just what this is. This is so that you can't do that.
Speaker 3: This is so difficult to read from the Washington Post. I'm just gonna read you this fucking opening paragraph from this article quote Serbian president. Serbian President Alexander Vucic pledged to disarm the country, proposing gun control measures on Friday after two shootings, one of them out of school, killed at least sixteen people. The rampages this week shook the Balkan nation, where such shootings were relatively rare. It's just wild when you see they're like, oh my, like again, like a fucked up, terrible mass shooting, and then this one is all right, that's it.
Speaker 2: We're tightening up the gun laws.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Just it's very frustrating, such a.
Speaker 1: Very very hard I mean, I guess it's like, hey, it's possible. You know. We always point to Australia as the example of like, hey, it's possible, but maybe maybe this will remind people that it's possible.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like the weird thing though too. You most a majority of Americans are like, bro, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: I want to be safe. Yeah, but it's there's something about the way the messaging reaches people where they're just like it's impossible, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also like I remember when Vin like I think I still remember when Vera Das came on, just talking about how like again we've we've made these things like sanctified to the point that they are rhetorically untouchable topics. Yeah, but yeah, this is anyway, Uh, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Things happened.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hope hopefully you get that, get that done.
Speaker 1: Yes, Uh, COVID is over, so that's cool, all right, let's move on.
Speaker 2: I guess it was this podcast.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, the World Health Organization just announced that COVID nineteen is no longer a global health emergency.
Speaker 2: Oh really, there's no more deaths. People aren't dying anymore.
Speaker 1: Uh just over threey five hundred people a week at this point, So when it was really bad, less people are dying. So that's good we can And it's also people are officially tired of paying attention to it, so they're they there is a big like graphic put out by the World Health Organization breaking COVID nineteen global health emergency is over.
Speaker 2: And the stock price shot through the roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're also saying that officially seven million people die, but that the real number is probably closer to twenty million, and that the virus is still a significant threat. So it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Oh's over.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing about pandemics, as they said they truly end. This is from one of the people there, say they truly end when the next one begins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in this job that is has huge practical impacts on people's day to day lives. They're getting very theoretical here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, like, what's I mean again? And you look at because you.
Speaker 3: Know, we're on the verge of announcing we've KOed COVID in this country. Yeah, from Joe Byron. So then that means we can end the emergency and end the considerations we're giving because of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So while COVID continues to kill thousands of people each month, the emergency is ending, But we're entering the twenty third year of the nine to eleven emergency. That's real. Yeah, still a national emergency period declared over September eleventh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's still in place.
Speaker 1: Hey, I still remain vigilant. I still am ready to say something when I see something, doesn't matter what it is. If I see anything, I will say it makes me feel like I have a purpose in this world. So workers are saying that they engage in productivity theater for over ten hours a week to appear by survey shows, which I think is being reported because people are like, wow, that's a lot. I feel like that is there being conservative there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to say what ten hours?
Speaker 3: That's if you work forty hours, that twenty five percent of your time is just fucking around.
Speaker 1: Three quarters of your time is spent doing actual work. Get the workplace the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: No, I mean yeah, it I don't know. Depends on it honestly depends on what you do. Like if you're in an office type setting where you like it is about like just get these two things done the whole day. Yeah, but we act like it's a big deal. Then, Yeah, my ass is jerking around like a fucking clown. I was telling you off, Mike. If like I was the I was a Tony Award winning productivity theater artist, Okay, yeah, and I would I have knew how to fucking I knew how to not work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I had a chatty boss, I get the chatty boss just going on some shit. I'd be like, what happened with your weekend when I met your daughter's soccer game? No?
Speaker 3: No, the ref Oh no, that wouldn't be me. That wouldn't be me, Diana, that would not be me. All right, man, I'm gonna go outside real quick. And I got high in my in my Honda.
Speaker 1: They are included also, Like I think it's complete bullshit that it's that low. When you read their definition of what productivity theater is, they say it includes attending unnecessary meetings. We're spending excessive amounts of time on administrative task. That's that's of the American work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, week right there in these kind of like you know, what were those jobs we're talking what's that category of shop jobs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like when you do that, yeah, that's that's most of it. But the real part, in my mind, it's when you're not doing shit at all, not like trying to get the most out of like a task just so you can like you can just clock out of five, like I'm talking about like fake shit. Yeah, yeah, like being like Yo, I had to. I'm sorry, I had to go fix something on the copy machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't. Yeah, said just take a little walk, nice little walk. Spend some time in the bathroom even though you're not going to the mic.
Speaker 3: Yo that time, just me time I had a I hada homie who would take I'm not joking, he was.
Speaker 1: He would.
Speaker 3: He would be shitting for two hours and watch a movie on his phone. Yeah, And I was like that that's some that's not even productivity theater. That's straight up just you're going to the theater in the bathroom stall.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At least shout out to them for recognizing that a lot of these meetings don't need to happen.
Speaker 3: And if you think about it, right, like, let's let's just I know, we say that's charitable, but we presume that if twenty five percent is bullshit, then get rid of twenty five percent.
Speaker 2: Of the work week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is why I think a lot of people, you know, the CEOs are reading this and being like, so that seems like we could pay them twenty five percent less. No, how do we use Amazon's technology to uh focus on how much time they're actually spending on task and then use that to uh save for savings purposes to deliver value to our shareholders.
Speaker 2: So you know what's funny.
Speaker 3: The most militant like type of asshole bosses I had was when I was a PA, when I used to like be a PA, when I was coming up like a production assistant on like TV or film sets or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, like film and TV producers or villains. I didn't get that from this week.
Speaker 2: But but it's wild though.
Speaker 3: It would be like a it would be like a fucking Coppo type situation where you would have somebody who's just like a couple of layers above you, not even a producer, like the head of.
Speaker 2: The PAS who's also a PA, and like, you need to be active all the time. I don't want to see a cell phone.
Speaker 3: You need to If there's a trash can that's even half full, you got to take the trash bag out when they when they wrap that section, you better make sure that whole thing is clean.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yo, relax man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The abuse of just people who want to work in a creative field, like by by people who are you know, are like, well, we can take a bit that vice Vice's twenty two rule, which I always come back to, But it's just they had a thing. They literally said, where we go by the twenty two rule, hire twenty two year olds, pay them twenty two thousand dollars a year, and work them twenty two hours a day. Judging cutching bro cut to company cut.
Speaker 3: Two it's collapsing. Yeah, it was their YouTube. Their YouTube kind of fucked them over. That shit blew up too hard, and then everybody was like, oh my god, yeah, give them billions of dollars. Yeah, not to say that the shit wasn't good.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 3: But I think that was the beginning of like a lot of just like, uh, that was the beginning of everyone being like, this is the most potent media brand on the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They I had a feeling they might be in trouble when like they were they were still like creating good shit. They had like Jesus America and on their twice Land. Yeah, on Iceland. But they were also like there were these New York Times articles with the CEOs and like founders being like, we're actually more of an ad production studio.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, that's when it does so.
Speaker 1: Your consumers and the people who actually make your brand valuable at all. Know that you're an ad production studio because.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, guys, let's not have too much critical commentary on that. They're they're an advertiser with us. Yes, but I'm talking about femicide in Mexico. Yeah, yeah, Well they buy a lot of ads if you don't mention their factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending heading into Coronation weekend. We are back on Monday with a whole ass episode of the show.
Speaker 3: Well are you going live when they do the Homage of the People, I'm going live.
Speaker 2: I'm going live.
Speaker 3: If y'all want to do the hit the Homage of the People with me, check me out on live.
Speaker 1: What time is the Coronation West Coast? Because I was going to do it on tape delay.
Speaker 2: But oh act, how dare you?
Speaker 1: It's just hard to like get the whole family up and in their outfits that I'm going to make them wear for the Coronation of the People to show their proper respect. So that's what I was thinking. But you're right, You're right. I'll wake up up at two in the morning.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Let's see more prominent guest sovereigns Escort will assemble Bucking Palace Live Live.
Speaker 2: US coverage begins at five.
Speaker 1: Eastern that's two am Pacific.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The coronation service will take place at six a m. Eastern three Pacific. Oh hell yeah. And then it'll cut what I get.
Speaker 1: Up from my Mark Woolberg workout at ice.
Speaker 3: Bath Yeah yeah, and then the whole thing concludes at eight. So if you're up between three and five West Coast time or six and eight East coast, you can you can maybe.
Speaker 1: Do the homage of the people. Yeah, get your sabers ready, get ready to just cut your hand and put a big bloody.
Speaker 2: Foot, put your blood out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also, whenever we go back on tour, y'all, I'll better expect to do the homage of the Zei Gang at the show.
Speaker 2: We will make you pledge Fielty.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, well back on Monday with the whole last episode of the show. Until they be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get back, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all on Monday. Bye.