Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast. Look to your left.
Speaker 2: Would you like to repeat what you just said? Happy Monday everybody? Kristen says, I said it for my soul too, I really did. I said, I just want to be held. Catherine goes look to your left, but she is not going to hold baby. That's okay, that's see. I would hold you and like rub your hair, I know, And that's what I'm counting. That's why Catherine goes and looks perfect for that. Yeah, okay, I think you're getting so close to the finish line. There's lots of emotions, emotions, so I feel like, you know, it's ah, yeah, I've been verily normal to want to be helped be today. Yeah yeah, fe and everything is fine, weepy because you just want to be held, you know. But if you want to explain any of it, you can. I like come into Kramer's house and I was like hi, and she's like hi, and I was like, so it's really been fine and she was like oh okay, and like nothing ever like makes you nervous, which is just so great. But Catherine and Jane are just sitting there listening I'm just bawling my eyes out and I'm like so sorry. Well, first, my favorite is that I can't even say anything without being like, Okay, do you want to talk about it? An hour on the podcast, I was like no, the more I mean, you know, I just had to because your words and experiences and things, you know, help people and listen relate to it. There's never been more support for a mom than me going on here. I guess it was last week, right when I said that no visitors are coming. The drawbridges up. I mean, Mom's everywhere like, you're my hero. I want to kiss you on the lip. I'm like, we really just need to honor ourselves. We know what we need. Yes, So you're having a kind of a tough start to your week. Catherine experienced her own tough part of her week last week with the tears of your daughter. Would you want to talk about that a little bit? Oh that's a hard one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I mean obviously we had a cheer competition is the biggest one. We were summit, right, Yeah, the summit in Orlando. We are against like Japan, Canada, like all the things.
Speaker 2: Didn't see that, gum, Yeah, I thought it was going to be like North Carolina those two.
Speaker 1: Okay, but like day one, first place by like a couple points, and then but the fourth place team had falls, so you knew that, like, okay, this could be bad the next day, but we'll see kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Wait, why bad the next day if they cause you start over.
Speaker 1: So if they don't have those falls the next Saints, no, the other team, they make up those points. So if they you know, they're down two points, they met up those points. Our points are way closer, so we knew who were worried about, Well, of course we nail it, but then they nail it, so it's like it's going to be close. But anyway they expected I mean honestly, the expectation was first, which was what was so heartbreaking. So we got second and everybody cried. It was like no celebration.
Speaker 2: They did the fault team.
Speaker 1: Yes, the next day they killed it.
Speaker 2: I'm at the four point. That's part of gymnastics, I mean, of cheer that I just don't understand. It's so frustrating because I'm like, they clearly if you're taking But at the same time, you look at other sports, like write baseball, if you have like another team could happen like a million runs in the next day. Yeah, but we're at the summit. This is Japan. I need everybody to los.
Speaker 1: This was not Japan. This was California. And they were very nice. They were not very nice, which made it even harder on the girl.
Speaker 2: Why weren't they nice?
Speaker 1: They were just kind of rude to them. It happens. It happens a lot, and then cheer. The sweet Japan team got third and they were just like the happiest, sweetest I'm like, we can learn something. Meanwhile, their second place all pissed, crying, don't want to take pictures, don't want their banners, like all the things. So like you get like five minutes to be pissed off and then you got to turn this back around.
Speaker 2: But Catherine, it was thin. She took a picture if it was like the saddest but like funniest photo because like Emmy's like crying through She's like you can just hear Catherine smile. She's still mad.
Speaker 1: At me because I was like take the picture. She's like no, and I was like take the picture. I promise I won't post it, and legitimately forgot didn't even think about it and posted it. She was like, you told me you want post it, but I'll take it down. I'm sorry. She's like, no, it's fine, but I'm like that's how everybody felt.
Speaker 2: It was like, but it shows their like emotion like and I'm like, as a parent, that has to be so hard.
Speaker 1: It was. It was hard, but also it was a teaching moment. It was definitely like a moment of like teaching sportsmanship, like being disappointed and like, you know, if you're not first, you're last, you know. I mean it's like that mentality that you know, some of these really competitive girls have.
Speaker 2: So dang, we had fun.
Speaker 3: And it was great.
Speaker 1: We got second in the world, and we can't be.
Speaker 2: Second in the world. I just want to reiterate, I know, in the world for anything in my life. Yeah, but I could get like getting to a place when you're like you could have been first in the world. It's like, well a really really remembers the silver medalist. Okay, dude, but you know what I'm saying, that's blocker. When this episode comes out, I.
Speaker 1: Know she still feels that way. She's i mean, she's gotten better about it, but also she's kind of like like really the second place banner, mom, because I like still have it, like, let's put it in your room. She's like, no, I just was.
Speaker 2: Never good enough at any of the things. Like with skating, I'm like I got fourteenth their regionals, you know, like ten thousand in the world. Yeah, that's like I couldn't really rag about anything, you know, Like she's so time to I don't know that I've been first to anything I have ever Welcome to the silber a Less podcast, not even silver if I when do we get I don't know. We need to hold we need to do like a wine down games. I bet you will beat you with banana grabs somebody, somebody.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. When we went to Universal, we like played like the Carnival games and it's literally like me Emmy, her best friend, her best friend's mom, and I, you know me, I'm like competitive, I'm winning.
Speaker 3: I'm like.
Speaker 1: And they're like, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Still using her second place banner to wipe up her tears, she was like, thanks, mom.
Speaker 3: Just beat her.
Speaker 1: I just totally beat her. It's like, sorry, you got second and take it again.
Speaker 2: I h I taught Alan how to play uker. I'm dying over the weekend and because I've just been going through something personal and and so you know, he's been he's been so sweet and he's like I know and make me really like smile right now. He's like what I'm like, if I taught you how to play, you get it. No, that's what I say that that's the question. I don't know how to play. It was really cute, like he wrote down the notes like he had the whole thing like, and it's funny because my cousin's my cousin's husband was texting with them and just kind of like giving him tips like hey, download the game, it'll help you. And I feel like I'm a decent teacher at UKER. But so I think he like semi gets it. We just had to play it, which is why, like cat I texted me, I'm like, all right, we need to play. But and I was just like, you know, I need you to understand like when we go up north, like it's very competitive, you know. And so he was texting with Kenton or whatever, and I guess he was. Alan was just like Ken goes, just be careful, like don't trump her race. And Alan's like, oh whatever, like it'll be fine. I'll just mess with her, and he goes, I would ten out of ten not recommend that in that family. So I was like, Okay, good job, Kenn. But anyways, it was fun and he's now learning on the game. So if you see an Alan Russell handle on you, it does oh get us. We've come.
Speaker 1: It's great that he's learning, because you didn't think he could ever really play cards.
Speaker 2: I didn't think, no, no, no no. I taught him how to play golf cards and that was a disaster. So I was just like, I wonder, it's just he's he's never played cards. He's it's so foreign to him, Like he didn't like literally literally like he didn't. I grew up playing crazy eights and yeah, all the things. Yeah and slapjacket and yeah, spoons, like he doesn't understand any of it. Solitaire, Yeah, I know solitaire. Why it's so good for us? It's like or something. But with everything high trust, no one, the high hormones. And we have a comedian coming on the show in like a few minutes, and I'm really excited because I feel like we all need a little bit of a pick me up, a little a little happy. But this is kind of fun y'all are gonna think of a dork. But Jolie had joke day to day at school because they're doing like the ah or Z, so like we I googled like funny jokes and so hers that she took to school today was why can't Elsa from from Frozen have a balloon? Because she will let it go? Let it go? And I'm just like, really, you enjoy that? I enjoyed that, and then so I started reading I know you guys, this is like so then I start going down this rabbit hole and I'm like dying like a schoolgirl, like laughing at these jokes like for example, what does a cloud wear under his raincoat? I don't know, thunderwear? Okay, I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: You're like the biggest critic of funny stuff too, christ.
Speaker 2: I know, I love a good dad joke though, Oh this is funny. Well here's the Elsa one that was good. Another one that underwear It was a thunderwear. I really liked that one. Yeah, uh y, do you be able to solve these before you say some of them? Alan got like before when they're all in the car, try wouldn'tigure it out? What do you call two birds in love. You should get this one. Love birds tweethearts that's sweet? Are so funny sweet hearts? Oh? How are false teeth like stars? I feel like it's like they come out at night. Something that's funny. We lost twenty percent of the people. Oh, I love this one. What did one volcano say to the other? I love you.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Here, here's a good one for you. Oceans. No, we're gonna keep going. How do we know that the ocean is friendly? Because it waves? They were, And let's take a break and get the real comedian on. Hey Robin, Hello, Hello. We were just being comedians ourselves by reading funny kid jokes, like not at all, So we were just in here. So we need you in this because I need the listeners to come back after.
Speaker 3: Although I have to say I've done many videos with like dad jokes, like kids jokes, and those actually do better than any of my other Like people love corny jokes.
Speaker 2: I do. I really find them fantastic. I have one that I say, like, if something happens at a show, Catherine, because I've done it before, and a piece of me was like I might send it was because my daughter's joke dated today at school, So I was like, well, maybe I'll just send my funny one into the teacher because she's a friend. But I didn't because then I'm like, well she's still a teacher because I'm just gonna say it, and then you're gonna just rescue me here.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, give it.
Speaker 2: Why are women and tornadoes alike? Why because they scream when they come and take your house when they leave.
Speaker 3: But that is definitely not a kid's joke.
Speaker 2: No, definitely down Texas daughter's teacher, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't have children, but I'm pretty sure that's not a kid's jo.
Speaker 2: No, that's my adult that's that's my only adult one that I have that I like, it's safe, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But okay, so you were I mean, TikTok is what exploded everything?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, I mean yeah, TikTok really TikTok, and I posted my I posted a video I mean even stand up since twenty eleven, but like you know, like on the road struggling, you know. And then during twenty twenty, I posted a video on TikTok when I was like a little tipsy and depressed alone in my apartment, like most people were, and it started going viral, and then before I know it, between TikTok and Instagram, it just like blew up. And then that changed everything.
Speaker 2: And you started getting like celebrity comments like Oprah Kardashians yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I'm was like, so he posted it, and then like two days later, Kyle Richards posted it, and Tanks good News posted it, and then from there like Jennifer Garner posted it, and Oprah posted it, and just every celebrity was posting it and started following me. She's like, I don't even have millions of followers, but I have like all these A lists people that followed me. So it's very odd.
Speaker 2: It's like, were you freaking out?
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, it was the craziest because, like, going viral is weird to begin with, but this was like a different like those three weeks I didn't want to sleep, Like I remember, I woke up at like one in the morning and I saw all these messages like the Kardashians are like getting into a fight in your comment section of your last video, and so then I looked and like Chloe was like, oh my god, this is so funny. And then Courtney was like, Chloe, I'm the one who sent it to the group chat. Stop trying to take credit. And then Kim was like, guys, I'm the funny one. They were like finally I'm sleep. I was like I need to be up. This is happening on my page.
Speaker 2: Like, so have you met these people? No, because I would take the opportunity then to be like hi, oh my god that much in real life.
Speaker 3: Not at that point, because at that one I was still like freaking out because like, oh so this was during the pandemic, so no one was meeting. But then like six months later was the Metala where Kim wore the all black Yeah. Right, so I wore that outfit around New York City, right like.
Speaker 2: I can you come get to me? I just need you with me for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I love a very weird life. So then someone on a subway took a picture of me in that outfit, and New York Subway Creatures, which is an Instagram page, posted that. So then Kim posted on her page like this is hilarious. Does anyone know who this is? Because then I was fully covered. So then I wrote on my Instagram I posted it. I was like, can someone please let Kim Kardashian know it's me, which then Chrissy Teagan was like, I'm on it. Chrissy messages Tim and then Kim messages me again. I don't know any of these people, like living this very weird life where they all are talking to me, but no one's actually hanging out with me.
Speaker 2: They couldn't those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Malvick and I still haven't gotten any calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so okay, so you go, you go completely viral. All these people are talking about you like this insane? What has transpired since then?
Speaker 3: All? Right? So then okay, so first it was like a whirldwin. Right, so the talk shows wanted me all the agent and I've been in this business for so long. Every agent and manager had seen me, but like no one wanted me now. They were all like wanting to take meetings. So I signed with my men first, and then I was like, just help me because it was like chaos going on. Also because all these talk shows were asking me to come on and I just said yes to everyone, not knowing there's like people only want you if you're the first, like they only want you. And then there's like a three month like you can't go on any other talk shows. I didn't know that. I'm just telling everyone I'll go on here talk show. Right then, I caused a little bit of a mess. People were getting mad. So then I hired this managers and just take care of everything. And then so it was still during the pandemic, so I didn't want to go on the road yet because I didn't want to go back into the clubs because they were only doing like half of them out to people are allowed. There's still masks, and I was like, I want to wait, Like now I have fans, I want to wait to go back in the clubs. So I waited a little and I just like pumped out tons of content, waited for the pandemic to kind of die down. And now I'm back on the road, started a podcast with Betches, and now I'm just like doing everything I was doing before. Just now there's people watching, basically.
Speaker 2: Because how many years prior to that were you doing comedy without the I guess recognition that you have.
Speaker 3: I started Dan, I started stand up in twenty eleven, and then twenty thirteen it was like my full time job, like that's what I was doing, Like on the road, I funk for the troops, Like, so that was what I was doing. And then twenty twenty is when I started like people knew who I was.
Speaker 2: Prior to twenty eleven, what were you doing?
Speaker 3: I was an actress and you're listening I have quotes of because like, I didn't book anything. I was like a struggling actress. Yeah flash personal trainer got it.
Speaker 2: I got nervous when you put actress in air quotes because I was like, Sis, how much of Robin are we going to see on a film somewhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my clothes on, my jokes, but yeah no. So I was like a struggling act I was like trying to be an actress, but nothing was happening. And then my dad, who's an accountant of all things, was like, you should try stand up And I thought he was crazy because no one makes a living doing stand up. That's like one of the hardest forms of performing. But he was right. Soon as I started doing it, I started making a living and booking, and.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're going to Yeah, what would you say to our middle co host here who has a dream but is afraid to go for it? Was going to out me. Sorry, I had to because it's something that like you you want to do, but I think you're afraid to do it. Well, I think it's terrifying.
Speaker 3: It's terrible. It's the scariest thing in the world. Stand up is horrible. Don't do it anything, Okay, So here's the truth to You just have to get up, right, Like, you just have.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 3: There's no there's no way around it. Like, just get up and do it. Everyone kind of isn't that good at the start, do you know what I mean? Because it's a muscle that you have to work on and build. So if you just keep in your mind that like, okay, this takes time and the only way to get good is getting up, that's what you do. With that said, it is such a hard lifestyle that I would say, just know that. It's really you're like you're on the road alone a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. My husband actually talks about this. My husband's an artist, a country artist, and he isn't part of a duo, and he's like, I can't imagine, like he always says, I can't imagine like the solo guys, you know, but he's like comedians, he's like his heart is always with you because he's like a lot of times there isn't even a manager out there. It's just like you in a hotel room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's so depressing. And like I now at the point, like my show now has like videos and music, so I hired my brother to run the tex So my brother's always on the road, and my mom retired, so now she's on the road with me. And now I'm like, now is a very different situation than when like you're starting out and you're by yourself.
Speaker 2: With like a PowerPoint clicker and a hope and you're just like, Hi, my name's Robin. I think I'm funny exactly.
Speaker 3: And if you bomb, then you have to like walk to your car by yourself. And it's really depressive anyone to go into comedy, but it's really hard.
Speaker 2: No what I think, but I can't wait to get started raving. I no, no, no, But I think what's different is like you and like you in a way already have like a fan base. So it's like if we were to like let you have, not let you have that's if like no, no, like let's say for wine down, like people already love you. So it's like you already have the audience. So it's like, well, I have your audience, honey, they don't come from it. They laugh, they laugh at your jokes, the you know what I mean. So that it's like, so I just think, like, you know, and I look at other comedians, like when I watched The Bat, I personally like sebastianman Skalco, and I like, I love him, you know, what's the Oh my god, I'm blinking on his name right now, but he just sold out bridgeton Arena. Nate Bargotsky like I love him too, And but I also think there's other comedians that you know that I watched with my boyfriend and I'm like, this isn't funny, but he's laughing. So it's like he's just more of a fan of certain other people, and so like you're gonna liaugh off at them more because they're they're a fan and you've cultivated them. Like I can make people laugh at my show because they like me. If I could if I said the same thing somewhere else, they wouldn't laugh because they don't like me, or they don't know me, or they don't you know.
Speaker 3: That is so what you just said is one hundred percent true now at my shows because it's all fans. I could say anything and they're so excited. But so she's actually right, like that's what you should do instead of like going into a comedy club and doing five minutes like which is going to be brutal. Like that's like in the beginning, it's just hard. I would say, yeah, do it where it's like the fans of you guys in the podcast and just start off with like a five minute set.
Speaker 2: I do it. Wind down no, but like we know, but we do it at a different venue. Like we're like, hey, we're here to wind down, but like earlier this day, we're going to be here Kristen's show, like we make it their own thing. But it'd be so great because they'd come yeah.
Speaker 3: And it'll be your people, so they'll be rooting you one and also the worst, the worst, the words you bomb and then but you won't.
Speaker 2: Be alone sex alone, sto off me to my car robins.
Speaker 3: It makes In Kathy Griffin's autobiography, one of them, she says how she was on the road and she bombed, and she was walking to a car and someone like threw a bottle at her or something, and now is when she realized that she could never go to shows anymore by herself. And I was like, oh my god, say no one threw a bottle at me. But well in comedy, but there you comedy's just so brutal, but you would be doing a very different situation that I just say, just get up and do it. And also there's no better hide than hearing people laugh.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite part, Mike, Yeah, so just do it, okay? Coached by Robin. Did you think this is where the podcast is going? It's like you take your amateur to work day.
Speaker 3: I think the funniest part is people always think I'm like so happy and like encouraging, and I'm like, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I say about like acting, because I also am a struggling actress and it's like, you know, have like the it's like it's it's really my dollars, Like I want to be an actress, and I'm like, okay, like it's just it's it's hard, but at the same time, the payoff is wonderful and amazing. And I'd rather say I tried something and I failed at it rather than I didn't try totally.
Speaker 3: So I agree one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree until we get to comedy and then I'm like, maybe.
Speaker 1: Try to talk video and see if it goes viral, see how it goes.
Speaker 2: I'm one hundred years old, so we'll see. Rovin, what is like, what do you want to do next? Like what is your what is your on your dream board vision?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, like the main goal is like a daytime talk show, like a real like old school Rosi O'donald type talk show from back in the nineties. So like that's what That's always been the dream since I was a little kid, and I've just kind of been taking the steps from you know, okay my acting degree to stand up to now doing the podcast. Like it's all steps to eventually have that daytime talk show. I love that.
Speaker 2: That'd be so what would you call it?
Speaker 3: Name SHAWL, So I think it'd be shaw We Talk.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say we like it, we talk or something with that that's dense, and it'd be like the like I remember Rosie would have you know, celebrities on, but then she would have like kids on.
Speaker 3: She'd play games like very light, nothing too heavy. The rest of the world is so heavy, you know. I like to.
Speaker 2: You have such a fun energy. I would watch you every day.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. Well, I cry when I'm not being recorded.
Speaker 2: Well, so that that's actually where I was going to go do next, because I feel like, you know you you if you pull a list of comedians, like a lot of them have struggled with depression with I was just watching John Mullaney's stand up that he just put out on Netflix, and you know, like you know, falling into addiction and it's it's you know, hard to see, like you know, stories of Robin Williams. It's like the funniest people are sometimes the most depressed people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true, It's really true. I think comedians, one or just people who rely on humor to get by are very sensitive people. That's why we're able to see things in a very special way. We're very sensitive on how people. Okay, So I think it was Chris Rock who said, you know, the job of a comic is very hard because you have to look at a room of a thousand people and make them all laugh at the same moment, and like you have to treat all a thousand people as if they're one person. So to do that, you have to be really in tuned on how people are feeling. To be in tune with how people are feeling, you have to be in tuned with just feelings in general. So I think people don't realize although a comic or a clown or whoever's the funniest in the room is probably the one most in touch with emotions. Even though they seem very smiley and happy, there's a lot going on underneath to make them that good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I remember I was filming this movie with Adam Sandler God when I was like ninety h no, I was twenty one, and Jim Carrey like came on the set because he was in the same lot, and I just like imagine right in my mind, I'm like, okay, he's Jim Carrey, Like he's going to be just so over the top and like funny and like extroverted, and he was just the most shy person I've ever met. And I was like, oh wow, that was kind of my first because because Adam was Adam, like, he was funny, he was kind, like you know, And it's not that Jim Carrey wasn't kind, he was just I just was. That was my first interaction. I was like, oh wow, like he's very quiet. So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: When you're in the green people think, in like the green room, what's it is? Like five comics on the on the set because like in New York, a lot of the comedy shows isn't headliner. They'll have like five six comics, and everyone thinks in the green room, it's like a party, and it's so fun No, these comics are so depressed. I mean, I remember my ex boyfriend when I first started doing comedy, like hated thought. I was like having orgies with all these guys backstage. I'm like, do you know how depressed these guys are? And they can't talk, they can't hold the conversation like they're in their own mind. They're so I am one of the more happier comedians. They're so dark, but I think that helps them be so funny on stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. I'm just gonna out myself. So they a lot of adult children of alcoholics are funny, uh huh because we really just struggled our whole life, and so it's funny because it's like it's like an avoidance to a way. But then it's also just like this like really tied into all the emotions, walking down eggshells, like you just want to like keep things moving and keep things light. But it's I've not heard people speak as like openly as you just did about like I mean, I said it in a show one time we did wind down and I was like, yeah, I mean, I've got adult child of alcoholic written all over me. It's the comic relief, right, Like it can be serious for like four seconds and then I gotta get us back, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think also like childhood, trauma really develops thos like comedy chops.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So the word your childhood was the funnier you're probably gonna be for exactly what you said, like you want to in the mood. You have about four seconds of seriousness and then we have to make people laugh to make the situation better.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like your TikTok video. It's like I almost feel bad laughing, you know, because it's like you're laughing about your grandmother dying, and I'm like, this is hilarious, but it's not hilarious, you know. I mean it's like.
Speaker 3: I am shocked. I am shocked. And that was the video because that was so dark for any of your listeners who are listening the video I find into I find in twenty twenty my goals list for twenty twenty that I wrote in twenty nineteen, and everything on my goals list was the opposite of what happened, such as like you more social, cry less, and the last one was spend more time with my grandma and I'm laughing so hard and I barely get the words out and she died right, which, like again, is so dark, especially because it was during the time when like everyone's grandma, Yeah we're dying, like it was all old people going first. And when I posted it, I was definitely a little tipsy if I was completely so I think it's been a little too dark to boast, you know, And thank god I was like a bottle deep because it sounds of funny, but it's called trauma, like is funny like dark, and you know they say comedies tragedy plus time. I didn't. I didn't give it time. I just posted, so it really you know, but yeah, Trauma's great.
Speaker 2: I think you were sent to me today. I really needed your perspective. Trauma is make this.
Speaker 3: Write that trauma down and do five minutes at one of your.
Speaker 1: Things you got to do. It's just like laugh about your trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do well at that, and we sure do. Who are who are the comedians that you look up to from the past and present?
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny you say Sebastian Man of Scalco because about I want to say, like six years ago I opened for him at a comedy club in Jersey and again this was he sold out the six shows, but the comedy club is only like three hundred seats. Now he's doing Madison Square Gardens all now. So he had a fan base, but he hadn't exploded the way he is now. And I did like fifteen minutes, and then I brought him up and he did an hour and ten. For that hour and ten, he was one hundred and ten percent energy like he didn't he didn't dip down by the end. He and then we did the second show and the same thing. He gave them one hundred and ten percent. And I remember watching him and being like, when I get to do an hour and ten, I want to be as on as he was the whole time, and then for the next show, even if I'm tired, to still give it. So everybody he's hilarious, jokes are hilarious. But what I thought was so great was that he gave so much of himself for that audience from the second he got on safe to the end, and that like really drives me now whenever I'm performing, like, I don't care if I'm tired, I don't care if I have my period, I don't care if this they're gonna get the best show ever. So him and then I mean, I just love Joan Rivers. She was just unapologetically herself and would just say she'd go for what was funny, not what was correct to say. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've I was watching something about Joan Gosh. It was a maybe like a month or so ago, and they were basically saying, like, would she survive in today's cancel culture because she would say things that were just I mean, yeah, but it was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of comedians.
Speaker 3: Do you think she would so like because she would I feel like she could get canceled. But I feel like she was so untouchable. But I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I go back and forth. I just I honestly, I like the fact this is what I love about comedy. Right, is because you go to shows and like, you know, the last one I think that I went to was Sebastians, and you know, he can say the things that we want to say and but we can we can't, but but y'all can. And I think it's funny that, like they aren't having to be so politically correct because I think the political correctness, I'm like, can we just all laugh about this because it is funny, you know, and like, yeah, there's they don't mean harm by it. I think people just are so sensitive that it just is like, okay, come on, we can we can't say anything, but comedians can. And I love that piece, So that's why.
Speaker 3: We can say it in the comedy clubs. Like I find in the comedy club, I'm saying outrageous stuff. But what I post online I know I could get canceled. So I'm like, and it's so funny. There's things I've posted that, Like, I mean, I know people will complain no matter what.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, really, that's what's bothering you, Like, come to a show and listen to what I say exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wondered that that was actually that was going to lead me into something I was going to say, because it's to me, it's the comic relief is that we still get to go sit in those rooms and laugh about things we probably shouldn't laugh about, but like it feels like the most honest space to me, I think is what I've always felt, and I just really am drawn to that. So do you ever get nervous when you're in those rooms? Like I've had a vulnerability hangover from this podcast for sure, But then like when we do wind down, I mean we kind of like we really off the record it and then we'll leave and I'm like, God, I hope no one like recorded that, or you know, like you just start to like do you ever feel that when you get done? I mean, dead grandma, none of it.
Speaker 3: No, I get scared every time I post a video like oh is this gonna get me canceled? And I pushing into it. But in the comedy clubs, note also there's no recording allowed. I know someone can record. I mean, I don't really say anything that offensive anyway, I'm pretty just because as a human, I'm not that offense. You know, that's not my comedy, That's not how I talk. But uh yeah, no, I guess it's sometimes when I say something and I'm like, oh geez, that was that was a little color, Like that's a little much. But it's not the stand up that scares me. It's social media, which is just terrifying because I've seen people get canceled for the dumbest Do you remember I don't know if you guys are like big into the makeup TikTok scene, but there was this girl, Mikaela who like said, do you guys have no clue what I'm to say?
Speaker 2: So we need you. Yeah, he has like.
Speaker 3: Fifteen million followers. She was like the biggest makeup TikTok her And she was doing an ad for a Miss Scara and she's like puts it on and she's like, look, this is like amazing, Miss Scara. It was an ad, it was you know, social media ad, but it was very clear she had fake eyelashes on because it cut and then all of a sudden, her eyelashes big and someone wrote like in the comments, like, is this really just the miscarage? You have fake eyelashes on? And she was like, no, it's the Miss Scara. And then it just became Miscaregate and people were like, no, you clearly have, and everyone from like Jeffrey Star to every makeup person was weighing in and she got canceled and had to leave the internet for a month over Miss Scara, Like she didn't even do anything offensive. She just kind of lied while doing an ad, which who I mean, you know, you guys have done ads, like they give you a script, you tell you say what you're kind of will say, you do your personal experience, but it's not that serious. She got canceled. Oh, Miss Scara, you know, yeah, So that's that's scary to me. It's like the mob vinality coming for you.
Speaker 2: That's what I always get afraid of. Like I said last week on this podcast that I had basically put the drawbridge up at our house. We're expecting our third baby at the beginning of June, and I was like, no visitors, no mother in law and my mom, like I've kept everyone, like the gates are closed until July, just because I I'm like third time, I'm forty one, Like I just don't need to entertain it. And I left here and I was like, oh, the hate's going to roll in, like you know, like from the Grand the angry grandmothers or whoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know, like people like getting upset these days, they want to stand up for something. I'm like, there's other things you can find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like God, a dog and an animal rescue or something. Always Well, Robin, where can our listeners find you and listen to you?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, you could find me on TikTok and Instagram at Robin Shawl Comic. And I also have a new podcast called Call Waiting. It's a call in advice show. So each week we have a different topic and viewers call listeners call in and tell me their problems whatever the week's topic is. And it's like you know podcasts now, people either write in or it's voicemails. Here you're actually talking to me like the old school radio shows. So and that's anywhere podcasts can be foundy that matters, yes, and it really does. Otherwise you'll find Robin william videos.
Speaker 1: And you're on the road right, So on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, almost everything sold out at this point but Cleveland and Pittsburgh. So that's a good story.
Speaker 2: Crowds, Hey, are you coming to Nashville to Nashville.
Speaker 3: I just did, now I did, And then I was actually at the grandall Opry for Leslie Jordan's what are you all in Nashville? This is where you werefore? I love Nashville so I've never been in then this year twice for the two Comedy Things, and I fell in love with Nashville. It's like my favorite place now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best. Next time you're here, though, we'll make sure we get a little we'll have a little wine down. Okay, all right, keep killing a girl.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks for having me, guys. Bye.
Speaker 2: She's such a fun energy she does. Yeah, I could definitely see her having some kind of like rosy show. Yeah, she's cute.
Speaker 1: We are missing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah show, Yeah, because we have because Drew is really fun. Did anyone Stoa? Did you see we had that one? Who's that one comedian that came on? Oh my god? What was her name?
Speaker 3: Heather?
Speaker 2: She did the funniest GIF not gift meme or whatever, like what's those? I got to it of the Drew Berry Moore Show. And I love Drew berrymore. I think she's amazing. But I just if I can pull it up because it's like I just have to have you guys see this. But go on, Heather McDonald's. Have you guys watched the Drew Berry Moore Show? No? Oh you haven't. No, okay, then you probably wait there. Well, it's just she's she's always very like, have you not seen any of the things, like like some clips or of her, you know, like doing any of the interviews? None? Some? Yeah, okay, well somebody listening has though, so enlighten them even though we're losers. We'll go on to Heather McDonald's and this is you know now interviewing my guests like Drew Barrymore. She basically excited that you're coming on my show, and she's like sitting on her lap, going to talk to you your spirit. And she's like, I'm like literally on her lap. But that's like like she she gets like really close. But so it's it's cute, like I love like her spirit in it. But that was that made me like ylol And then well that made me abbreviate when I could have just said.
Speaker 3: Laughing.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna end it with one of the we have to guys. It's really Can I tell you one of my favorite go for it? How do you make a tissue dance? I'll put a boogie in it put a little buggy. This is the lose energy. At the end of the show thing Robin just talked about. Okay, can I just say so, I got really upset about this one and how I thescended. I think, did I get what I say? Did you get a fend? I'm asking, Oh, well I did. I was reading it. I go, oh, I'm not saying this one, and he was just like, are you taking it too personal? And I was like, no, it's just like, this is not funny. It's a kid joke. Why was the baby Strawberry crying? She was caught in a jam because her mom and dad were in a jam. That's not even funny. Like I take that as like, were they fighting? Were they in a car accident? Also, can we just leave the babies a lot?
Speaker 1: I would take it as like they were fighting.
Speaker 2: But like that's awful. Yeah, it's not a funny KITD choke. I know. Okay, Oh this is funny. What did the little corn say to the mama corn? Where is popcorn?
Speaker 3: Oh? That's cute.
Speaker 2: I thought I was going to do something with the ears. Oh okay, I get one more. Really send us off with a good one. I am Strawberry took us down. Oh so sad?
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: A lot of these like we know like what did the teddy Bear say? Why did the teddy Bear say? Know to the dessert? I don't know any of these because it was stuffed. Yeah, I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't go down this rabbit hole all the time.
Speaker 2: You can't anybody who's anybody knows about the Teddy Bears.
Speaker 1: It's literally something I've just learned about jan for the first I.
Speaker 2: Love well, you know why because my dad. I blame my father. He was always saying jokes and he's got a full, like, I mean list of jokes. I got to pull up something. Hang on, your mama so old God signed her yearbook. Anyways, guys, I'm sorry you got two seconds kin trying. It's not mine, Okay, Okay, I had nothing. Why is six afraid of seven?
Speaker 3: Because?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 1: Because six eight seven?
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna let you restart that one, Hey, Catherine, why is six afraid of seven?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 2: Eight? I think reluctant potato?
Speaker 3: What is it has?
Speaker 2: We'll let y'all go now. I have a good one.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,