Speaker 1: What do they think We're about to go and sell it. I just got my uterus cut. You think I'm gonna be on the block, like.
Speaker 2: Just well, now you got a new pocket. The government gotta keep the eye on you.
Speaker 3: You got on the bucket.
Speaker 1: Ship, Well now you got new I love that people think we would go to that great lass.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, wait, hold on one second, and just.
Speaker 1: Go hunt, proceed, go and get the other pocket.
Speaker 4: Pick it up.
Speaker 1: Chips in your.
Speaker 5: Kuala bears are racist?
Speaker 1: The money turkey stuff. I can't tell me.
Speaker 5: Because all of me loves all of you, all your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections. Welcome little mamas and gentiles alike to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 3: The podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 5: We finally worked to prove that the lump of cold traditionally placed in a stocking is not in fact from that Eurocentric tradition, but from an African tradition where Santa Claus was black and the question was are you nasty or nice? It was not a good or bad thing. It was simply a sexual thing. And the lump of cole was meant to suggest one of Santa's big black nuts.
Speaker 3: I'm davy, boys, I'm like the government, and hey, I look, it's got a lot of complexity to it.
Speaker 5: I thought you would like it.
Speaker 3: I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Speaker 5: I really was hoping that you would enjoy that.
Speaker 3: The idea that Santa was just trying to get some pussy and.
Speaker 5: Really just more trying to give some dick.
Speaker 3: I would say, okay, fair enough, He's not as much like being a desperate man. He's trying to share the wealth with the greater community, the diaspora, if.
Speaker 5: You will, theas diasporic. And the idea of are you nasty or nice makes sense because it's like, I don't know if I have a year where I was nasty, I was not that nice, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, I see that for sure. Good for you and good for Santa Claus. I'd say, yeah, I can tell our guests already has big feelings. I was like, yeah, mouth of gape, I would say, is the best way you can talk? We don't we joy?
Speaker 4: I was trying to be respectful of.
Speaker 3: I think I told you ahead of time, this is a bullshit, go ahead and jump in whenever.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be profession now, you know, you don't want to come in to intro. You got to do your ship up top. You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, they'll call me, we will call you, but you know yeah, yeah no, that's that's that's that, David. You're disgusting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like nastier nights. I was like, oh no, the.
Speaker 5: Children, this is this, this is grown folks Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I love it. This is Friday after Next, New Kids in Bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this center got an extra medium on. If you guys would call the film, yeah, no.
Speaker 4: I play it all the time. It's of my favorite.
Speaker 5: Don't give it the credit that it deserves for me.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Friday after Next.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very funny movie.
Speaker 4: No niggas do we love it.
Speaker 1: I think that black people we play it all the time like it's like for some people, it's a wonderful life.
Speaker 4: It's Friday Afternoon.
Speaker 3: I will say, Uh, it was a really impressive third film, you know what I mean? Yeah, because the first one obviously is like amazing. Second one ain't that great. But we can talk about that.
Speaker 4: Slander all the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm dead ass. I think it's Secondly, what are.
Speaker 5: You talking about?
Speaker 4: Absolutely and pink.
Speaker 5: What I think it's got.
Speaker 3: Listen, I think the second one, that's what a lot of second albums have, where it's got like big hits. But I don't think that if if you just watch it top to bottom, you're like, this is killing all the way through.
Speaker 1: It. I could see, Okay, Dave, I could see his point. Out of all the three, the second one being the weakest link.
Speaker 3: It's let's agree on that.
Speaker 5: Else. Okay, your third kid didn't go to the NBA. He's still in accountry.
Speaker 3: And I like him less and I like him less, that's my point.
Speaker 4: And you and to know that you're a father, this is very This is very.
Speaker 3: Affirm I like my NBA player sons more is my point. I don't love him less. I know that he adds to the greater story. But come on, bro, you ain't You ain't getting me tickets every week?
Speaker 5: This is what do you want for me? I'm not gonna hold you. That is probably a very accurate assessment on what would happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I love I think ice Cube broke stars. So I was very grateful, like the first one. We were able to get so many like Chris Tucker, Debo, Big Worm, you know, so many, even djool yeah, even Miss Parker like Nil Nil Long.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so many iconic characters. And it was her name, apologize. She was a Mama prou family, you know, she was doing with the braids that came in. So yeah, it was just and then Pops, you know, Anna Maria Harson. It was just he Broke Stars. And I think each film, obviously I'm bias because I'm from la born and raised, but each film I think was the accurate depiction of what it's like growing up here. And I think it's important that niggas who are from here, if you're from that specific area, that's why you should tell it, you know, versus somebody outside of the club that you know just is kind of like echoing whiteness and black ass stereotypes.
Speaker 3: I don't ever know that I I thought of it, and this is beautiful to hear. I say this not with any judgment. I never considered that it was meant to be like as much of an homage to La as you're sort of like centering it a movie, or like you just think it's one hundred percent in La movie. I just never thought that that was his instinct.
Speaker 4: It might not have been.
Speaker 1: It might not have been because when you see interviews like Chris Tucker even said this ship ain't gonna fucking go this fuck Big Worm has done interviews Face on Love let me call him his actual name, Face on Love is in many air you can call that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we had some I know we have some face.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't want to at the airport work at the airport.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think he's done many interviews when he's just like, yeah, we didn't know what was gonna do. Everybody's just like, yeah, this script, like it's gonna come out, like we'll see what happened. So I don't even think ice Q was like, oh, this is homage. But I think if you're making something about where you're from, it may not even be on a conscious level.
Speaker 4: But you are.
Speaker 1: It's because it was so rooted in LA culture, because it was so authentic to our experience, we can't help but to see it as that. I could definitely see other people that are not from that they're like, oh, I didn't get that perspective, you know. And for me when I watched South Side, it's like, oh yeah, this shit is just funny. But niggas from the shot, it's like, oh no, this is really what it is. Like we're so grateful we see ourselves, which is why representation is so important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cool when I think people are able, and it is. It's one of my bigger frustrations with what the Internet is doing right now, where it takes away some of like the regional nature of culture, you know what I mean, Like it used to be when a Chicago rapper came out, you knew that was a Chicago rapper and La rapper, Yeah exactly. It was dressed ridiculous, and and he seemed like he was like five years behind everybody else. But the point is, I think there's a now this regional washing where like everybody sounds like everybody, and I miss the time when like we sort of like had these these sub sects of culture that that almost seemed like they never even met each other, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why Kendrick had to remind you, niggas not like us.
Speaker 1: And even that little snippet broccoli before that, it's just like yeah, yeah, but that's the thing Kendrick. He was on this song called Do Yo Gutta, which you guys probably don't know, but it's a very West Coast song. And this was about twenty thirteen, so this was post overly dedicated right free good Kid mat City. So that's like one of the only times that and I will say the Rip remix that we heard him like really be on some super duper la West Coast shit. But he has it in him and we know that. But I think that's why I think there's a lot of discourse about Kendrick doing that because he's just like, yes, Drake, what is your sound, what is your culture?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 4: And I will say, as a Drake fan, the veil was lifted. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: It didn't even occur to me that this nigga was biten Atlanta, South Memphis out like Houston, Cadillac Music, Screw Chapter. It didn't even dawn on me. So I was like, this, this nigga's from Tarrock. You're right, because why yeah, what said when Kencher said keep making me dance away my hands and it won't be no threat, It's like, yeah, just do the dance shit.
Speaker 3: Like He's like His first best song was called Houston Lanta Vegas.
Speaker 4: I'm not that bright, Like it just missed me. It was like twenty ten best I ever had.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a I wasn't a degrassy fan, so I didn't know that Nigga was in a wheelchair and all that. So all all Heartbreak Drake was my first introduction, like Drake Grammy nominated with no album out, you know, Like that's how I met him, and so early twenties, you know, business casual in the club.
Speaker 3: So I was just like, this was and I think, if I may, I think we also were in an era where we didn't ask for that kind of accountability from our rappers. It was just like, oh, that's a that shit hit. So he probably was in that strip club in Houston that you.
Speaker 5: Also didn't phase in. I feel like in a major way till later, right, Yeah, like the Toronto Roadman, all that type. He didn't like at first. It was just like I'm so young and it was so hard. Yeah, yeah, four, I'm going to open mics like yo, I know, way too many people are here.
Speaker 3: Life break.
Speaker 4: So successful. I got seventeen bad bitches in here.
Speaker 3: Who am I gonna chew mom, but my mom gets sad sometimes. Yeah, that's just really what he was rapping about. Yeah, it feels like I got all these bad bitches, but I worry about my mama.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like our intro to him.
Speaker 1: So with this whole beef, that's why I think it's bigger than Kendrick and Drake. It's about like, yeah, it's about culture vultures. It's like, Nigga, you met your daddy at thirty five, like he met his daddy late in the game. Your daddy's from Memphis, you're not. You didn't spend every summer in Memphis. Like so it's interesting. And I think I think because Drake would just never he just kept going back. He probably would have wanted people like you know what, Kendrick, You're right, he should have went on live and be like, I fucked up, you know, like I actually you're correct. But he's just like doubling down and you keep putting him corn rows and their little white boy's braids, just messing up his whole scout, just his poor little temples.
Speaker 3: Now here's what I'll say. And I'm with you on almost all of what you're saying, But I I do respect him braiding Adonis's hair. I think you got to give that kid something cool or else.
Speaker 5: Or else.
Speaker 3: That is a victim you're raising because that is an odd looking little boy, and you got to give him a signature in some kind of way.
Speaker 4: But you know that Sexy Reds did all the braids, and then Drake came in midpoint. It was like, get the shot. He is not partying that hair, he is not taking that shine.
Speaker 5: I'm not mad that the dad can't break hair.
Speaker 3: That's my daughter leaves the house looking gorgeous every day. I don't touch it. I don't help at all. So but you gotta do something to save that little odd looking boy. And I think braids is the best alternative. I think he's also got him in basketball camps. I think, yeah, yeah, but you gotta build character with that little weird look.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen as.
Speaker 1: Soon as as soon as the donas gets a certain age, I promise you, if it's not already now, they're gonna say, what is it?
Speaker 4: The braids? Every time he steps on, he's gonna have he's gonna have a hard time.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, and we should intro you at some point. I think the I think the biggest victim of this beef who has gone unrecognized up to this point is a Donais Graham. I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I do feel for that little boy.
Speaker 1: I do feel because he was catching strays when people, like when Meet the Grahams came out, some people didn't like it. But I'm a big competitor, like like Draymond, I have issues with him, but the passion I just love.
Speaker 5: He's so basketball. You don't have to explain it over.
Speaker 4: I just I just love the passion.
Speaker 1: So when Meet the Grahams, it's like, yes, this is competitive, he's trying to win. But I do think that the baby is, you know, innocent. He didn't ask to be here. And I just think that it's racist, is weird, It's complicated, it's it's difficult. So I feel like Drake just wants to have it so bad and it's like your poor, you have a white son.
Speaker 5: That little he's living.
Speaker 3: A literal nightmare, so desperately to be seen as like the realist Nigga alive and he's raising a white child.
Speaker 1: But was that?
Speaker 5: What was that? The space people were holding for Drake was not even a R and B that's what I liked about him, But that's liked about himself. What makes it so hard.
Speaker 1: I also think that he's he reminds me of old niggas that start wearing shoes with charms.
Speaker 4: You know, like they're just trying to It's just like it's just you say that to me, but it hurt, you know.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just too many l V with different colors on the backpack, you know, like it's just fighting for you.
Speaker 4: It's just like Drake.
Speaker 1: I think he's knocking on forty or he is forty, and it's like, Nigga, that's not old.
Speaker 4: But you are not a spring chicken. Like it's okay to.
Speaker 5: Dress exactly like Dip said did when you were in high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Then not in a way that feels wavy. It feels like, listen, we've all thought about it. I'm thirty seven. I've thought about, Oh I got some money, maybe I get the pink. But then you don't because you know, but.
Speaker 4: Then you don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have people who love you.
Speaker 3: You don't gotta do that.
Speaker 5: You ain't got it. It doesn't have to be like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what the ira is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Ira, I need to call Jeff after this call. I just found a business text return this morning.
Speaker 4: Black.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, But yeah, I think that he's he's living a life that isn't reflective of you know, his I think he's still out here.
Speaker 4: You know, I got two bad bitches in the club, you know. I think it's just you're.
Speaker 1: Dressing like Shmino, someone half your age, like you know, he did a little. So I just think like it might be a reckoning of like who am I? Not to take it there, but it might be like who am I?
Speaker 4: What am I now in this thing? I'm too old to be.
Speaker 1: The young nigga in the I'm not little yachty, right, but I'm not jay Z right, Like you're not fifties in a walking club. So it's just kind of like where do I fall? So it might be a reckoning of like identity of like who am I trying to?
Speaker 5: Definitely, I think that was always the issue, right. I think that's why even within his responses, he just tried to, like towards the end, he tried to parrot kendricks style, which is ultimately what he does with everything, And that's why it didn't worry prove.
Speaker 1: Me the point, right, like proving the point. And it's just like, but I love just he said. Kendrick said, I like Drake with the melodies. Listen, he said, and he said, everything with me is blessed. I still want you to see success like couse, just like listen, just keep making.
Speaker 4: Me dance, wave my hands.
Speaker 1: It will be leave me alone, this little five seven niggas leave him alone alone, and it's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: And I really do uh, I really do think he wakes up every morning with deep, deep regret that he was like he was wild and he was being like where you at? You ain't responded? Yeah, he was coming with a lot of energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I genuine believe Kendrick has five more. But Top was like, let him live.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like when you're seeing somebody get their ass beat or I don't know where y'all grew up, but I've witnessed. I grew up in the other So I've seen many of fights and I've seen many a homegirls and I'm just like Lisa, that's it, Like yeah, to pull her off, I'm like, no, you got it.
Speaker 4: There's blood everywhere.
Speaker 3: Why, that's why he's that Dave.
Speaker 4: That was perfect.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I didn't mean to talk about Kendrick and Drake. I'm just the biggest Kendrick Frian. Obviously, I'm from LA so.
Speaker 5: Let me to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very obvious who you chose this.
Speaker 5: We listen, we all have we all have friends from Los Angeles. Everybody's text messages has been blowing up two much the last month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think maybe we can relax on a few things.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we're girls from very excited Tommy.
Speaker 4: I listened to the pop out at six am.
Speaker 3: I know not good.
Speaker 5: That is not good.
Speaker 4: I was there. I was there, and me and DJ Muster went to high school together, so I had to like love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he used to actually when they took out all the fruitopia and top ramen and tried to make us be healthy, he was slanging like gushers and capricans, like always been a hustler when.
Speaker 5: He was like four. Maybe one of the better sentences anybody's ever said on this podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, my favorite part of the sentence is, uh is how you pronounced gushers.
Speaker 6: That's fucking disgusting, that's foul you say it.
Speaker 3: That's the way the commercial said it.
Speaker 5: That is, you made it nasty.
Speaker 3: You treated it like.
Speaker 4: Nasty, Missus Clause, how about that?
Speaker 5: All right? There we go, There we go, There we go.
Speaker 3: Our guest today claims to be missus Claus. We we cannot confirm or Tony, but she she's wonderful. You've already heard her voice for probably our entire first break. She's an actress. She's a comedian and improper, a sketch perform all the cool Ship, a writer. You know her from from her her group or her show Rather Ragged Edge R and B comedy show that you can check out. She also is responsible for who made the Potato Salad, a sketch comedy and community resource hub for black and brown people. She is so talented. We're so happy she's here. Give it up for X myle.
Speaker 1: Of God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we talked about this before we were recording, but this is maybe the longest, hardest fought booking we've ever had. This was supposed to happen all the way back in January. It did not end. Through a very series, I would say, vast series of mishaps. We have continued to struggle to book this, but we're so happy that you finally are making it on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I wanted to book it.
Speaker 1: It was always like when and I was so grateful that you guys were still down, But yeah, I got COVID, you know, I take care of my brother, and then I had deadlines and then David got booked and it was like it was a bunch.
Speaker 4: But I was like, I want to make this happen.
Speaker 1: I saw you guys live show and you guys, you guys came in My girl counts Vine and we'll discuss that.
Speaker 5: Matt. I was on the side of it. I think I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Zach Fox and I and listen, you know Za Zach Fox wanted to smash so yeah, really just like.
Speaker 3: And I'll say this, I'll say this, I have no regrets. I still maintain exactly what I felt. The fact that you seem to be coming in with this threatening energy doesn't scare me one fucking bit. I'll stand behind my ship. If you thought for a second you were going to go off about ken drinking, gang culture and I was going to back off, no, no, only one light skinned man is gonna die this year and it ain't gonna be man.
Speaker 5: Go let's go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You are a bad bitch. You are a bad bitch. Like I said, I should have known you would energy.
Speaker 5: I also stand behind my statement Countess Vawn any day.
Speaker 4: Week Wow, I know today Tyler an icon.
Speaker 5: Come on, I was so surprised at that. Were you not a Molisha Man? Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: I did like Moisia c uh, that is a good question. Shar Jackson, shar Jackson. I did think Shark Jackson was bad.
Speaker 4: She's beautiful.
Speaker 3: She's definitely the batter of Mosha's friends. If we're going down the list, apparently some people, okay, some people enemy. Wasn't it a Wasn't it a fucking Beyonce cousin?
Speaker 1: No? Uh no, Bianca, you might be thinking of a different one. I think it was Reagan Gomez Preston from barhoo Oo.
Speaker 5: I loved, I love, I love, I love the Parenthood.
Speaker 4: I love the Pearhood too. Parenthood was my ship that w B block The Iconic.
Speaker 5: Show, Yeah, Jamie.
Speaker 4: Fox Show, Wayne's Brothers. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: They casted those shows back then with no plans of proving that those people were related. You know what I mean, they just would if you were black, you could be in the family. Robert look alike.
Speaker 5: Robert Townsend had a dark skin. He had a light skin. And I'm pretty sure of Puerto Rican. Her last name is Gomez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Reagan Gomez Preston. She was brownskin. Reagan was a browskin girl. She was a part of that era of iconic nineties black women that I love. It was like Maya Campbell Campbell, Reagan Gomez, Preston, shar Jackson, Halle Berry, Oh Neil, you know.
Speaker 5: Next to.
Speaker 3: Put a little star next to that man.
Speaker 1: Problematic, okay, you know one likes you know what, You're not gonna give counters her flowers and that's okay.
Speaker 4: List and that's okay. She was a star.
Speaker 3: Was objectively as.
Speaker 5: She did. You see when they were on the couch flirting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, come on, he had he had to be there. So he was like, yeah, I'll sing with your baby, come on.
Speaker 6: He wasn't like, you know, it was like, we gotta get in the studio. He doesn't, he doesn't hurt us, Countess, counts, we gotta get this recorded for my next album. He was just like, no, I'm here.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Is the troll Let me see I forget you said trolls yes.
Speaker 3: Troll or not, we're here today to discuss.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You came to us with a conspiracy theory that that it's heavy, and I don't even know that we're gonna have enough time to jump into very much about it. But I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I don't remember which one I sent.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is exciting. So you're gonna find out as we find out.
Speaker 4: I like you.
Speaker 5: I thought this was a very good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a really good one. We got excited. But you said, my mama told me the government is planting fitting off in the street drugs because they want us to use the dispensaries and pay that high tax. Stay off the damn we duh, you're going crazy.
Speaker 5: I just gotta keep going. Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: That is my conspiracy theory. I think that having family members and friends that are of the gang community, we consuming entrepreneurial.
Speaker 4: Entrepreneurial spirit. Thank you, David. Listen, you're gonna be my key witness. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I knowing that and just being like, hey, things are changing in my weed, like people you know, passing out. Things are happening amongst them, people that are on the ground. It kind of supports this conspiracy theory. That I have that. It's just like, I mean, they put crack in the community in their like I'm so, it's just like it's not really far fetched to believe that they would be doing that. They also don't give a fuck about us, so us dying is to their benefit.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I could just I just I don't know how it's happening. I don't know what they're doing. I don't know how they're undercover what's happening.
Speaker 1: But my conspiracy there is about that because also to there are people that have given like their testimonies and stuff on Instagram, like Yo, my Brooklyn connect his weed has been like this, like what's going on? Have y'all heard anything? So then I started seeing that a few times, and then people are like, okay, well now I got to go to dispensary because it's clean, right, And then it's super duper expensive, and then they want you to have like an ID and all this.
Speaker 4: It's like so many different.
Speaker 5: When you run your card, they're like, oh, it just schedules up to the next dollar, which is like, broh, I used to buy this change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I don't like this is yeah, I don't I don't respect y'all different than than regular motherfuckers on the street.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean from when I was a kid. We used to be a shout out to j R. In middle school.
Speaker 1: Five dollars blunts, Oh, how affordable, and it would already be rolled up, fully assembled.
Speaker 5: No, it would be like it would be like.
Speaker 3: I was getting excited for you.
Speaker 1: I was like, it.
Speaker 5: Would be like one and a half little nuh and it would be like the old one. You had to take the seeds and the stems out and then up to dimes and then dubs and then like thirty dollars quarters when we got older and stuff. I smoked bad weed until it got legal. So I got you. I got you.
Speaker 4: Wait where are you from, Dave?
Speaker 5: I was in Colorado that whole time. Deno, Colorado?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is that where you're from?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I grew up in Washington State till.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I never meant no black people from Denver.
Speaker 3: I should tell by the way you asked him that question, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It kind of had a real no we're here though, because like ippost have how many hearts?
Speaker 5: No, Because there was striving jazz music scene in the historic five Points in Denver, there's there's black people in yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, of course, oh yes, yes, yes, And I am Mexican soul.
Speaker 4: We are everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 5: Everything breakdown in my city, no.
Speaker 3: Whispered.
Speaker 5: And I know, we know what we meant.
Speaker 4: That's what I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me, let me just set the atmosphere, because I get that with niggas all the time, may be saying it's a wild ship about Mexicans, and I said, and what else?
Speaker 4: And what was that Mexican? They were like, oh no, ex non good people. The one who cleaned my line. I love him.
Speaker 5: Some of the funniest kids in school, summer school, summer school with the Mexican kids who were in esl hilarious, every one of them, every one of them. Rego.
Speaker 4: So you're okay, so you're from Denver.
Speaker 1: It wasn't legal there because I think being from LA it's always been fire.
Speaker 4: I guess for people.
Speaker 5: Medical is legal way no, yeah in Los.
Speaker 4: Angeles, right, yeah, yeah, because I used to work at TSA.
Speaker 1: So when I was there in two thousand oh yeah, and not in fucking around, and I was there from two thousand and eight to twenty ten. It was legal during that time. So I used to get so mad because y'all civilians thought you were so fucking clever.
Speaker 5: And well, civilians is a bold statement. Yeah, you were in the military.
Speaker 4: Beyond me was I was Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: I was behest. I'm not saluting you for your work.
Speaker 5: A burial day.
Speaker 4: You better a day I need a dollar. You need to be on me for my work. You know what I called two niggas.
Speaker 5: Top flight security of the world.
Speaker 3: One of your niggas stole my pick the last time I flew.
Speaker 4: I'm not was the metal Yeah, exact why yeah, And that's exactly why.
Speaker 3: Bullship.
Speaker 4: And it was people like you that we made me stay like no respect.
Speaker 5: If you gotta ask like that, you don't love.
Speaker 4: Me, no, But yeah, it was. It was wild. It was wild.
Speaker 1: You niggas would put weed in foil and it's be like stupid, Oh this is a metal detector, or or they would put it in foil and then put it through the X ray.
Speaker 4: It was like, you think that's not gonna show up.
Speaker 5: I remember a dude telling me he would tape it to his nuts when he flew.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we found stuff there. We found a lot of stuff. In anus's my last day. I caught something in a pussy.
Speaker 5: Damn would you feel like an eighth up there? Uh?
Speaker 1: She had it in a she had like a dye, but she put it in a old school Kodak case with a picture of Steve Harvey Steve Arkle on the front that said did I do that?
Speaker 5: You should have let her keep it just for that's she's good. I like that lady.
Speaker 3: I was with Steve Harvey on the front and said that, yeah, this is weird.
Speaker 1: You know well I thought I thought, Uh, I had a terrible manager at the time, so I thought that he was trying to be slick and just being like, okay, you know what I thought. It was like he tried. He tried to give me a test on the last day. So this was my last day of working. So I was like, ha ha, very fucking funny. You tried to give me a test on the last day. He was like, no, it's not a test, like you actually caught something, which I was so pissed because you have to do so much paperwork and then we had to call lawa over like airport police and everything like that.
Speaker 4: But she was already sus we are trained heavily.
Speaker 5: I bet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're trained heavily in body detection, so I know when someone's lying, when someone's vidgeting, like.
Speaker 5: When yeah, was it two videos.
Speaker 4: Show you got a text message?
Speaker 3: Text you in the morning, like check it. Watch people's body language.
Speaker 1: It might be absolutely not. No, we had six months. We had six months. I would do through training for almost a year, so it's six months of just body detection. So there's body detection people at the airports that look just like me and you that are I mean.
Speaker 5: And here's another point that I have to the whole tsa of it all, not myself. People that I have known have maybe accidentally flown with drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends because the thing is too It was just like what made me so angry with her was, like I said, it was legal during the time as long as you had your medicinal ship, which was so fucking easy to get, like you could just walk up to a place and get a thing.
Speaker 5: That was the original conspiracy theory is that they're going to put you on the list if you get med card. But that's how it was here for sure. That was like the initial So when we medical and when there was a very like I would say tumultuous transfer period for weed from going from legally medical to fully legal. It was like there was still weed men out here and like dispensaries, we get robbed and shit like that in the early days because like people were like, we know, you got a bunch of weed in this warehouse. So it's like it was like a very rocky rocky and I remember when that initially happened, at least here, that was kind of the concern of some more conspiratorial minded people of like, you're just gonna sign up for the list to get weed, Like.
Speaker 3: I had never heard that before, but that makes perfect sense, Like that it is silly that we would be like, well, I'll register and then it'll be uh and this otherwise a legal drug will will be legal.
Speaker 5: For me, right exactly. It sounds very and because especially in the beginning, everything was like it was all cash, so it felt like drug It felt like drugs for a while still, yeah, and there were still people in books selling and weed for a while.
Speaker 1: During the trem but I could also see black people just being like I put my name on the list because I want to get weed, and then all of a sudden someone's at my door, Like I could just totally see being like this is an easy way to get niggas arrested and jail.
Speaker 3: Oh, you bought too much weed and now you're yeah, you exceeded the quantity that.
Speaker 5: We allow for whatever the fuck do you remember the first time you bought in the store? I was, I was. I thought it was crazy because like the old stores used to be like, it used to be like it felt like like here, it felt like you were going to a trap. Anyways, there would be like somebody at the door, and then you had to like wait in the middle part and show your idea and they're like somebody. Like the whole process of it felt it used to be a lot more like lock and key. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You would get into a place and then you would wait, and then you would get into another room and then you had to like hold your breath while they right devacuumed the space and then you could go.
Speaker 5: In and it's like, oh, this is intense. Whereas the weed man still coming to my house, right, you know what I mean? Or if I was bold to go to his house and have to listen to what.
Speaker 3: Absolutely okay before we go to break and I feel like we have to be uh taking a break at this point. But but before we go to break, X, tell me a little bit about how it sounds like you're a believer of this. This is something that you're you're, yeah, sort of very much bought into for this conspiracy theory?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am.
Speaker 3: Is it one that you you feel like you need to be like selling to the masses or you like, I believe it, But I'm gonna keep it. I'm gonna keep it in my back pocket because I don't want to sound crazy in these streets type in.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I'm betwixt two opinions because for me, it's just like I know someone who has died, right, So it was somebody who my cousin knew.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 1: That's all that she did. So it was like all you do is weed? How do how do you die from fentonel?
Speaker 4: How does that what happened?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And so it was trying to be framed as if like, oh, we wasn't enough, so she went to fentanyl and then she did an overdose. So like, it's just stuff that's not clear, and there's many a deaths that have happened within my family and in my community that have gone just under the radar. Nobody, no detectives are on it, nobody cares. You know, there's clearly foul play. With my cousin who was murdered because she was a prostitute, no one gave a fuck. So it's just so many things that I feel like unanswered questions that I have that leads me to believe, like, Okay, so what the fuck are y'all doing? And how the hell is this happening? How is everybody who smokes weed all the time, how are they now passing out? Other issues are happening within their body? And it's happening on a black market level. But these are people who need They do have anxiety, they do probably have undiagnosed like mental challenges, you know, and they may have lived a life of where they had to do something like steel because they didn't have shit.
Speaker 4: So they're scared to get an ID.
Speaker 1: They're scared to you know, inherently, they don't trust the system or the government, so what are they supposed to do? They get wee from niggas on a black you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah that even as you're saying it, I feel more convinced than I was before we started. Corey, where do you fall in this?
Speaker 5: I believe that this is possible just because I think there's a lot more variables in marijuana now, specifically via vapes, because I've seen people distill their own liquid, just like in the house, you know what I'm saying. So it's like you could be really doing anything. My apartment in San Francisco, the apartment next door was making buttane extracted hash oil and blew up the apartment like, so it's like I seem the like the like as much as like you could just put a label on the shit and put it out. And people, especially cartridges, that's the leak now because it's so much easier to sell cartridges in the mail, send cartridges in the mail than it is to like actual you know, organic weed, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I think it's possible just in that, like you don't know what's going in that, you don't know how they're distilling it, you don't know how they're making it. Some people can do it in the house, well, but you know it's drugs. People are lazy, people are looking to make more money. Anything to stretch it further, so do I. Yeah, it seems very easy to mess with the supply lines to get people to buy this super expensive, not always great weed.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, I don't even smoke. I used to.
Speaker 1: I have fibroids in endometriosis, so I used to take I had terrible period, so I used to take half of an edible. So I knew how much to take because I never even been drunk. I love being sober. I don't like to smoke or drink, so I didn't. I knew how much to take to like just get my cramps under and like in order. And so even then it was just like, wait, I'm having to eat like ten milligrams now like to do that? Like I have to Like, what is what the fuck is going on? I don't even smoke like that. It's usually like it feels like the first time to me, because I only did it once a month for like the first three days of my cycle, so it would always feel like a new high, like the first time. But then it started feeling like I need more. I said, wait, now, I know I ain't addicted, you know, you know I got Wait a minute, what the hell don't know. Yeah, so I was just like, yeah, what what the hell? But yeah, it is not as great, but it's like package cute and it has esthetics and it looks cute and it has these cute little names and all this shit. It's just like, no, I know niggas that just need good old fashioned flower.
Speaker 5: You know, like I've been buying weed for maybe too long. I started, and even there's like four kinds of weed. It was like you were going to get schwag, you were gonna get kind bud. You would maybe get something with the color maybe if like it hit flooded, you know what I mean. And that's what the Mexicans have. But hey, Mexican, I'm saying that I purchased from them. I appreciated it got me through some tough times.
Speaker 4: But you know, when Dave says it, he says, like when white people talk about black people.
Speaker 1: He was like, you're acting like a nigger. You know, I don't like to say that work. You know, you're acting like those black people. He gets in that energy. It was like, and you are over here acting like those negroes, like those people. You know, I don't even like to say that works.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised he hasn't said that's this episode because he talks like that quite a bit.
Speaker 5: I mean, see what happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have to take a break.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, I'm having so much fun. Get well.
Speaker 3: But this is great where this is so fun. We were We're gonna come back. We're gonna talk more about the possibility of fentandol being in the weed. More x mile more.
Speaker 5: My mama told me.
Speaker 3: We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great.
Speaker 5: We love it so much. Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 3: Come on, you want to tell them what we have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat alien Dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is.
Speaker 3: Who you are. Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, So get it because you will good.
Speaker 4: I feel good, and you sing good and make love good.
Speaker 5: Oh we are bad. That's what the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: You know what, David.
Speaker 1: You don't have it all and I never want you to get it all. If you ever get it all, I will stop. I would never be a friend. Yo.
Speaker 5: Put it on my tombstone. That's a that's really the true life for my true life struggle trying to get it on.
Speaker 4: I know, I love it. You're perfect.
Speaker 5: We are back. We're talking about marijuana and the possible We're talking about specifically marijuana being laced.
Speaker 4: With fennel, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: More than anything else. That's kind of what I figured.
Speaker 3: I think, I think we it's fair to say that all drugs, all other recreational drugs, have been proven to be laced with ventanyl in various ways, and it's marijuana that's I guess up for question. And more specifically, who's the source of the lacing. Is it, in fact just like people on the street deciding to do it personally, or is it the government playing their hand inside.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And here's where I feel old. I don't know about the excessibility of ventanyl to be something that people would easily cut with wet. It seems like it just seems like it doesn't seem like a correct no.
Speaker 1: Items, there's an amazing race you have to go through to go and get it, like there's like it's definitely steps that you have to get to.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: And I have a lot of family that's in the medical field, and not street pharmacists as well, but just people that are medical assistants like adds and stuff, and so the measures that they have to go through, like the level prescription and all of the vetting that has to happen for drugs at that level.
Speaker 4: Even when I got my fireboys removed, I had to get cut my my.
Speaker 1: In my uterus, which I won't proceed because these are two men, So I won't talk about my uterus as much yet.
Speaker 5: I hain't got one myself, But yes, you.
Speaker 4: Have the most beautiful baby. No uterus ever called me.
Speaker 3: No never called me a nigga, is what he was gonna say. It's the mount, It's the Muhammad a quote uh place on.
Speaker 5: It was brilliant.
Speaker 3: It was just a brilliant. It's very funny joke.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, David going to the hot place.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so so yeah, so when I got all that done, I had to get my stomach cut, my uterus cut, all that. So at the end, you know, they they want to send you home and they're like, hey, this is the oxyconton. Like they are talking to me like I am an addict, like the way that they talk to you post surgery. They said, hey, you got two in here, like we're.
Speaker 4: Only giving you two, like if you want to cut, like I love.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get a full prescription. I was like, what, nigga, you told me I'm gonna be on bad rest for thirty days. It said after those two, you want two more?
Speaker 4: Caught me back.
Speaker 5: That's that's also a serious medical industry thing. I've never gotten a full prescription of pain pills for anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't. They don't do that. No, no, no, they tell refill.
Speaker 5: And then I had white friends who are like, yeah, they gave me six refills.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Okay, another conspiracy theory.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: No, for real, David, I feel like they just want us to lick the oxy cotton per dads like, don't even take it, just lick it and put it down.
Speaker 4: It'll help, you'll get it going.
Speaker 3: And this isn't research specific to this subject, but we have talked about it in the past that there's like a proven history, Like literally gynecology was founded by a mad scientist slaveholder who decided that he was going to experience experiment on women's pussies via his black slaves, under the premise that they couldn't feel pain the way that a white woman would be able to feel pain, Like I can do what the fuck I want to them because they they just won't feel it. And so I think that history, whether intentional or an ant and I.
Speaker 4: Have my past smear on the twenty ninth, you can't tell me no shit like this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be in my opig wyant, She's gonna be knee deep in my pussy.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, and what are you? What are you looking at the now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta get.
Speaker 1: Up, especially you get on the stirrups, right yeah. And I gotta get for any women list, especially black women. You know, eighty percent of us have FIVEB words, intendometrios's uterus problems, Like we are not talked to, it's not talked about enough. How much you need to get a trans vaginal ultrasound because the pap smear is just vibes. You know, they'd be in there, they're looking around. It's just shit fucking hurt. Yeah they did. Yeah, they got old episodes of Martin on there. It's like, gotta get your groove on. They just chilling and I'm just like, wait, do you.
Speaker 4: See anything but the transvaginal ultra sound.
Speaker 1: They have a camera in that motherfucker, So anyway, can go up in that bitch, swirl around because we need to see in there. Because my biggest fibroid was like a jumbo sized grapefruit inside of us.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh yeah, she was a big thing.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 4: I have four shout out to doctor Trong.
Speaker 1: She's she's an Asian woman from the Bay Hella Tatty, And right before she gave me my anesthesia, I said, hey, if you see anything else in there, you need to take out, take it out.
Speaker 5: And so it was.
Speaker 4: I had I had.
Speaker 1: Endometriosis on both sides of my uterus, which is very difficult for them to detect. They said they don't have the technology yet to see it. And that's what was causing me to like I to change my pad every two hours, like I was bleeding so bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be at the Daily Show, like in the fetal position and my like my writing partner or probably working on a bit with they know during my cycle it's so bad. And shout out to Christiana because she was the only black woman there. She's like, actually, you need to get a transpaginal ultra sound.
Speaker 4: I was like, what is that?
Speaker 1: Like, I was down there with the vibes, you know, just pasme. They put a little turkey baster down there, feel around. They'd be like, smells nice, You're fine, nothing's itching, Okay, good go.
Speaker 5: I thought was the deepest. I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: I thought that was as far as I could go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to know like it because you have the beautiful you have a beautiful little princess. But I'm sure your wife is well equipped and we'll make sure. But yes you should know too. Yeah, yeah, she's for your son.
Speaker 5: You just got to be like, is it Crooki. Some of the.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to friend.
Speaker 4: David is going to hell is it cricket? Some people like that. I hate you both.
Speaker 3: We did a little bit of research on the conspiracy, and one of the things that it reminded me of is specifically sort of the criminalization, the original criminalization of marijuana in this country. Right that marijuana at one point was legal in America. It was actually a pharmaceutical drug at one point, where people were largely prescribing it for pain and anxiety and shit like that back in the early nineteen hundreds, eighteen hundreds and shit. And then it isn't until it starts to be associated with specifically Mexican people and Mexican immigrants, that it starts to get this nasty little stink on it where it becomes a political tool. For first it's a political tool because of a different race shit I think it was Indian hashish, and then it becomes a political race tool for for Mexicans, and that's when it starts to become treated like a street drug and this dangerous like poison rather than like just a medicinal thing that could or could not be overused.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you take David's space off? Can you take David? Can you remove David? Can you remove David from them from the podcast Please.
Speaker 3: He could have, and that's what he chose. It was a wide open space the fields.
Speaker 5: Nobody this is coming.
Speaker 4: He said, like you said.
Speaker 1: No, we don't want to hear you say okay, we don't want to say no more.
Speaker 4: Please. I even hate when you say the word Mexican. That's just me. I guess it's just crank Worth. He hain't even got to be deep. I guess, God dang, it's true.
Speaker 5: I'm truly trying to offer an olive branch between coltures and.
Speaker 3: The other the other thing. Worth, do I think this will heal the communities.
Speaker 1: I think that No, y'all need to understand because obviously my family, we're all there's my mom is Mexican, all her sisters and herself have black husbands, black fathers of their children. Same with my uncles, so we're all mixed. There's a few that are just Mexican tolo down right, and then we're mixed. So whenever there is black and Mexican one who has passed away, the people that are just black, that are not mixed, feel the need to go up there because this Mexicans in the crowd to try to speak Spanish at the funeral.
Speaker 4: So, David, I'm leaving. You remind me of my cousin Imetrius.
Speaker 5: We call.
Speaker 4: Guy and meet went up there and he was just like, come on and your soy, Betty sat.
Speaker 5: Mexican. I see, I see and uh.
Speaker 4: But David, David, here's the gotcha.
Speaker 1: The Mexicans no English, and they'd be like, yo, Meet, just keep it moving like it's just like yeah, we know it, like we're good.
Speaker 5: You're going upside down in the narrative on old David today. I love Mexicans. I don't know where this is coming from.
Speaker 1: No, no, Dave, we know you love Mexican. You love the way we make you laugh. Shout out to Riccardo, you love you love it. Oh my god, summer school with the esl niggas, niggas love it. Isabella, she come through her Mama makes it to Molly's for Christmas.
Speaker 5: I've been multi multiple king and I have friends you could look at. I'll show you their names.
Speaker 3: I'll show it because I can't pronounce it to.
Speaker 5: He's all around.
Speaker 1: Yes, So David, you would have loved my can't say my Chamberlaine. He was a dark skin blood nigga named Ted, but he had to leave because he was a lot of shit going on.
Speaker 5: It was the second best sentence. You said, this whole really colorful word.
Speaker 4: But no, you would have loved it was lit.
Speaker 5: It was so late party.
Speaker 1: It's generally but because there's blacks in my family too, it's just like, yeah, no we listening to the old j's.
Speaker 4: It's the whispers.
Speaker 1: It's the best Mexican food you ever had in your life. Like it's very much so that like there's it was. You would have had a fucking.
Speaker 5: I like, I'm a big party guy.
Speaker 3: The OJ's and great Mexican food come on crazy combination. One of the things that I also sort of wanted to look up was was where fentanyl specifically is coming from, right if we're talking about it potentially being in the weed, and you guys were asking a little bit about sort of like its accessibility, and as it turns out, fentanyl smuggle is smuggled from US citizens by US citizens most like it's not the it's not this this foreign sort of like asylum seekers and fucking you know, immigrants crossing the border that are bringing in the fentanyl more it is actually, in fact, US citizens, So it's made it seems as if my understanding is that they are smuggling it over borders, that they are like traveling, and it sounds like, specifically China might be one of the places where a lot of fentanyl is being made and they are smuggling it over the borders.
Speaker 5: And then and I'm not doing this on purpose, this is truly a question. I'm asking because I would like to know. Is it one of those things that you can buy over the counter in Mexico, because you know their pharmacies.
Speaker 3: Are like yeah, and you're not the same vibe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can. You can get wonder and you can ask them what you're asking for, what it's called in America, and they will.
Speaker 4: Give you the equivalent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because so many people are going over there to get even just dental work, David, because dental work is so expensive, Like people are going over there just to get even just like minor surgeries, not even trying to like get drugs.
Speaker 4: So I wonder what's the equivalent over there?
Speaker 1: And then depending on these different places, Like I don't know about you guys, but I'm obsessed with docs. I love scammer docks, I love sports docs like I just love documentaries. And there was this one woman that was in New Orleans, this black woman that was bringing in so much oxy cotton, and a lot of people ended up dying because she would just come in and they would just be like, this is what I want.
Speaker 4: She would just write this prescription. It's crazy. I see what you can get done just based on the letterhead of a paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her letterhead said such and such like medical pharmacy. So they got to take it and then got all the oxycotton. So I wonder, I presume I don't think that that wouldn't be happening in other countries, even specifically in Mexico, because that was one of the ports like that we had to watch even at TSA was Miami and Mexico. A lot of times people got additional screening because so much drug trade happens over there.
Speaker 3: And I think what this article sort of leads me to think about is the way that that language is sort of manipulated a little bit, right that, like, because of its accessibility and foreign in these foreign places, we can criminalize large swaths of people as the target, meanwhile allowing the actual people transporting the thing a free reign to kind of do what they want. And so when we talk about like and it reminds me a little of snowf Like when we talk about the government placing this shit in our drugs, it's not necessarily because it's just like a mean scientist being like, I want to see what this does to these monkeys kind of thing. It's more like, you know it. The profits for us are clear. The lines of how we can make money off this shit are clear. We can criminalize one group which is political and helps to advance our chess pieces, and then we can put the drugs in places that then allow us to gain some money on the other side of it. It's it's just straight math almost in an interesting way.
Speaker 5: The only pushback I have on that is marijuana money is not accepted federally, so I don't know how they cash out on that. Well, like these you were siphoning people to dispensaries and whatnot as still like private owners.
Speaker 3: And I think what it got me thinking about is sort of the long game inside of changing a drugs image, right that, like in a lot of ways we've seen it through time that you can't just one day decide that this drug is safe and so it takes a little bit of like all right, yeah, we'll make it state to state that they can sell the shit, and then at some point it will be federal and the money will be coming in. I think there's an argument to be made that this is just a long game with the drugs more than like quick payout type vibes.
Speaker 4: So you're saying lang sin right now.
Speaker 1: If it's true that they are planting in and the weed is just like planting the seeds for their long term trajectory of getting money off of.
Speaker 4: Niggas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's we have to make this thing feel unsafe, and it takes a while to convince people things are unsafe, a ie. Let them die until they learn their lesson, which.
Speaker 5: Is why I maintain it should have stateily.
Speaker 4: No, Dave, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm with you when you write, frand I'm with you when you write I'm with you when you write because seriously, like there was no and maybe you know what, I think that that's a very coastal thing of me. So I don't want to, you know, alienate people in other parts of the world, because I do understand how it's still very much so criminalized in other areas of America and definitely a lot of black people, you know, need it and use it. And I've seen many of the health benefits that happened for specific people. But I feel like just because being in LA and experiencing it, and people had such good access to it and the access to fire weed, like my uncles, everybody I know has been smoking it for forever, so I could see that, Like coastally, it's like, damn, it should have stayed I legal. But as far as the benefits from Middle America and other like underrepresented cities, like black people there that death really needed.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about like Detroit, you know, Texas War.
Speaker 5: It was a there was a treasure hunt where I was from, and that's terrible. And even like, yeah, New Orleans. Have you ever bought weed in New Orleans? It's terrible. It's not the worst experience and this is probably three or four times now, but also the corporate you don't want to smoke. Everything about that city makes me want to. I'm down there. I mean, Bennet's I got so much seafood.
Speaker 4: I might not just hit a split on the end of the night.
Speaker 5: Baby, Like you're walking around.
Speaker 3: And you know what you know what the weed is bad because they lays their wed with alligator.
Speaker 4: Cut off his camera, David, David, can you cut off his camera? Thank you, David.
Speaker 5: That's a nice.
Speaker 4: Wait, David.
Speaker 1: Separate David, separate thought. But still on the thing of weed. How how do people make bad weed? Aren't we all just growing? Because I don't know, just grow it from a plant and then it'll all be good. Like how does it make it?
Speaker 4: How is it bad?
Speaker 5: As far as what I know, it's that it's rushed in the process, like it's it's it's not dried out long enough and then it's cured faster, and it's like it's like a it's like a speed to production thing, okay is and it's like I think it's like it's also outdoor versus indoor. I feel like a lot of times outdoor is kind of grown in bulk and kind of not regulated as much.
Speaker 3: I will also say that keeping a plant alive is harder for some.
Speaker 5: Of us than we like to shout out to my money tree, baby.
Speaker 1: I know I have such great plants. You can't see it where the shot is, but I have so many plants and I keep them well.
Speaker 5: I got one but I keep it clean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought of.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 5: Bitch is never dirt.
Speaker 3: Oh my baby's dusty is.
Speaker 5: Cold.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought about selling weed because I don't smoke it, so I was like, yeah, number one, don't get high for your own supply.
Speaker 4: I thought I would be.
Speaker 1: Great at it, but you know, I want to be an idiot and produce and write and act and be in this very uncertain fucking industry.
Speaker 5: I mean, you could two games that I.
Speaker 4: Know, but David is so it's so hard, like just shut up.
Speaker 5: It's time consuming and if you're gonna I don't know if you've ever been to a growhouse, but that smell takes over the whole. It's not just it's not like something you could do cute in one little room. Stella be quiet. I mean, my girls, she's just got a haircut, so she.
Speaker 4: Said it is sixty.
Speaker 1: It is sixty, trying to try to show offy.
Speaker 5: Hey, look.
Speaker 3: Hey, look at it.
Speaker 5: Loove me.
Speaker 3: I look at it, right, I love it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: We should take one more break we need to take, and when we come back, we'll wrap up this conversation. More x mile more.
Speaker 5: My mama told me.
Speaker 3: We're calling upon you because we have. We have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 5: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 3: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat Alien Dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it. Since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch. And we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, So get it.
Speaker 4: Would you say that your races not at all?
Speaker 5: No, Look, I'm a dog. He's as black as can be. Shout out to tell the dog she is black ass can be. We're back, yel.
Speaker 3: The thing that that sort of, I guess rings the most true for me is this relationship to street drugs in general. At this point, right that like fentanyl, I think the the what I read said that like deaths related to fentanyl nearly doubled from twenty nineteen to twenty doubled in fucking like frequency of this happening. I know people who have overdosed on fentanyl. I think we all have a relationship to someone who's overdosed on fentanol. It is terrifying that the ways I know that people are dying from this shit. And so the idea that the government, because fentanyl is a pain drug, right like, at its core, its whole point is to be able to like be pain relief. It's meant to work quicker than every other drug and more effectively if managed properly. But the idea that the government would watch this kill this many people and not start to figure out an alternative that completely eliminates fentanyl means to me that there's a profit to be made that they can't cut out, Like you know what I mean, Like at the end of the day, we need this shit too bad to be able to just say no to it.
Speaker 1: Also, who's dying right like it doubled a number and like who's you know passing away? Because I think the oxy cotton thing that documentary I was telling you about the woman in New Orleans. The reason she got caught is because there was a white guy whose child passed. I don't know if it was a boy or girl. And he's it's the documentaries through his POV. It's him like telling his story talking about this woman and like making her serve time, and she ends up showing up in the docks.
Speaker 4: She ended up serving time.
Speaker 1: And she's like a really really really old black lady and it sucks because she can't really take full accountability because her brain isn't there. But you don't know how much is her bullshitting ess versus her being like, oh my dementia's coming and you know, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just like, no, you remember, you know, you don't know how much.
Speaker 3: Remember.
Speaker 4: And that's what the producer said, that's just where is my money?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fact that it doubled too.
Speaker 1: I can't divorce the idea that COVID and all that had something to do with it, because alcoholism like rose like so high once we got into the pandemic and we were home and everything with George Floyd and impacted black people so much. So yeah, so I can only imagine and Finnel, I think my conspiracy theory too got heightened when I saw Kat Williams this second to last special. I think it's he's a presidential he's he's like a presidential thing. And he was having conspiracy theoris about black people dying for Fitanel and he was just like black people, he was like, you know how you die from Fitinel?
Speaker 4: You touch it.
Speaker 1: He was like, black people are not if you tell us that we're not doing it. He was like, Nigga, that's how you die. You just touch it, like we're not gonna do it. So when he said that too, And I do think that Catwouiams is a very smart person. I think all of you who do stand up, I think we can't divorce the idea that you guys are inherently very very, very fucking smart.
Speaker 4: So I do think that he is.
Speaker 1: No seriously, I think I've heard some jokes that I was just like, oh wow, this is like he's like a philosopher.
Speaker 4: Like I definitely so like and I love and I love a good tip joke, you know, and I love, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I appreciate this.
Speaker 3: This is dangerous, very sweet, but I think you're making a mistake. I think you're wrong. I don't think that philosophers.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I was speaking about one specific comic. Okay, Okay. So I think listen, just like any art form, all stand ups are not created equal. Okay.
Speaker 1: I think some of you are super duper brilliant and amazing and wonderful and very smart to be able to do what you do and have that POV. And I think it takes a certain pedigree and talent to stand up there with just a fucking mic and just you and there's no additional resources, that's it.
Speaker 4: And then there are some of you all, you know, not so great, I think.
Speaker 5: Or an extreme level of desperation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could be said about actors and writers and.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, yeah, I think I think this is a deep, deep sickness and and not as a skill as we want.
Speaker 5: It to be.
Speaker 1: I think, well, they're okay, Well, there's some of you all that do have a skill that I really I I look at you on I'm like, oh, I could never do that, and I don't want to ever do that. That's that's their thing, and they do it so well. So I think, yeah, I think I think I think getting in each R form.
Speaker 4: But you got come on, David.
Speaker 1: Doing this, you got such restims you are such as Natasha Va Gerald told me that. She was like, why don't you want to do stand up? You can make so much money, you need to do this. And I was like, but I love community and this. She was like that that's why you're not a stand You're.
Speaker 3: Already He'll be blessed.
Speaker 5: Come on, you don't want no carts of this ship. I know.
Speaker 4: I'm such a community person.
Speaker 1: I said, I would just hand this boy, and boy would leave your ass feeling nothing.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 1: But there's some of you all that like, I think you guys are great. I think I think that there. I think a lot of stand ups are misunderstood. Once I get to know you all, I'm like, oh my god, you softest baby powdered this sweet boy. You know. And then there's there's Lengthston on stage, and then there's Lengthston at home.
Speaker 4: Then there's Lengthton.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you know, there's David you know in Denver, and there's David with the Mexicans, you know, both summer school sale only summer schools. When we're doing it, Oh yeah, when it's serving me a taco baby.
Speaker 5: In the city.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I forgot. We were talking about Oh yeah, I was big enough stand ups and you guys were like, don't do that. We're terrible. But I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I think I love I love Jabouki, I love Sydney, I love Marie likes and I've enjoyed you as well.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 1: I don't even enjoy Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna see you guys are such stand ups, so mean and a passive it. I'm such I'm such an improviser. I'm like, no, it's great. It's a community. No.
Speaker 5: But I I realized that supervisors have friends though. That's the other thing, a lot of friends. I remember going to improv shows like opening for Stay Up, Like, god, damn, how do you know all these people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: It was interesting playing my mail with Rob Hayes while we were writing for the BT Awards, because he was like, man, I don't play that game. So then it was like okay, uh it was it was too much going on, and he was like okay X not now, and I was like okay, cool, and he was like, okay, let's play it.
Speaker 4: So he was down to play.
Speaker 1: But you know my mail is when if Me, David and Langston are playing, we're all going to say three two one, We're all going to say one word at the same time, and the goal is to always mail the word and get to the same word to make sure we're all on the same page.
Speaker 5: And I used to do it. Yeah, you're great, absolutely not be in here.
Speaker 1: And Rob I did it with Jay Snow, who's another stand up dope ass writer, Jay Snow. And it was interesting because every time we say a word, they're like X they kept second guessing the word.
Speaker 4: I said, every word you say is correct. It doesn't matter. I'm gonna go to you like, whatever you say is perfect.
Speaker 1: And so when it was done, Rob, yeah, And when it was and we did it, we did it twice and it was it was so exhilarating to get to the word and that we're all on the same page. And Rob was like, yeah, you know the mother where I could have Yeah, when us said that, where I could have seen I knew I was supposed to say. I say, hey, that's not what it's about. Every word you say it's perfect. The guy Evan, who's not an improviser, he was like no, I don't know, because Rob.
Speaker 5: That's for really representing the culture. Rob is a consummate stand up comedian. Stand up Yeah, he's a lifer.
Speaker 4: Her life.
Speaker 1: He is. But he does improv too, we did. I met Rob doing improv for Kevin on stage is thing. So I think Robin is such a sweet boy.
Speaker 3: I love Rob.
Speaker 1: I'm dying to put him in something that I write. He's such a great in the room, great energy, and he loves coming from Daily Show. I feel like I was at Daily Show for three years, so I feel like I'm an improviser, but I have stand up energy right Like I love bits. I love hard jokes, Like I used to not be able to make jokes about certain things. And then my boss did a Jedi mind trick. There was like some some some sex trafficking something that they needed bits on, and I was like, I said, hey, I can't make jokes. This is this is this is terrible, this is a sad thing and this is so said, I can't who can make jokes on this? So he literally could have fired me because I literally just told him I can't do my job like I can't, but I'm such I'm an actor and I'm an improviser and I feel and I'm like, this is a this is a woman, and this was what happened.
Speaker 4: And he looked me in my eye and he said, X, there's always a joke.
Speaker 1: And from that day I could see a three year old get ran over and I have two sketches like I just, I just he has fucked my brain. And as soon as I started telling other writers at the Daily Show that, I'm like, oh yeah, I'm thinking so fucked up, Like I'm writing these jokes and I can write jokes about this, like I have two raped jokes Top of the Morning, ten am.
Speaker 4: And they're like, yeah, X, now you're doing the job right.
Speaker 5: You don't want to get this boom away from me purely of the bit it was the funniest thing. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I do think that that is true, and I do think that oftentimes the interpretation of there not being a joke is because people are thinking about the victim, and and maybe rightfully so, on a human level, that is who we should be thinking about. But if we're talking about on a comedic level, there's so many different participants inside of every choice that could be made fun of or made light of or or used for levity whatever, so like, yeah, there's always a fucking joke. Yeah, and even that runover kid might might be a real funny runover kid, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but the thing is, no I learned from because I was so upset, that's with jokes and how to just write jokes. When I got to the Daily Show that I studied all the Trevor specials, I went back to Jamie Fox.
Speaker 4: I might need security and so like I'm.
Speaker 3: A very best one, very yeah.
Speaker 1: So I and I used to watch that religiously. I had the DVD in college, like I fucking love that. So I like did a Google sheet and broke it down, like what's the punch, what's the set up punch?
Speaker 5: How to do that?
Speaker 4: And then I recognize with people that are masters that do that.
Speaker 1: If you're going to do a joke that's blue, it has to be funnier than it is true or funnier than it is mean, right, Like it has to just if I'm going to do an age joke, it better be the best goddamn age joke.
Speaker 4: Like you don't just throw around age jokes like that, you know, Like it again.
Speaker 5: You should talk to white comics from kind of their go to.
Speaker 4: It's just what is it the eggs?
Speaker 5: It was like blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: All right, absolutely, yeah no, but I I there are stand ups of that.
Speaker 4: I truly love you guys are great.
Speaker 5: Thank and not being said, stand up is great. Langston and I probably the two best people to ever do it. I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that sounds right to me.
Speaker 5: Watch our specials. They're very good as Vartis. In terms of this conspiracy theory, I feel like we're all on the same page that it's it's real, I think, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think even if it's not that the government is actively putting the shit in the shit, right, I think what feels objective is that the introduction of this opiate, this this street drug, ultimately means the spread of this street drug. And they knew that from the beginning that like by spreading it, they are gaining from it in some form or fashion, or at least can spin it to gain from it in profits down the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with that, And I feel like if more white people were dying from it, or if they were if they were leading as far as people who have died from Finnol, It'll be cut off at the head, Like, why isn't that Like I think it's this is America, Like why can't we put systems in place to stop finnel from coming in over here?
Speaker 4: It's just too much.
Speaker 3: And I will say I do think a lot of white people are dying from it. But I think now what they figured out is how to then make that direct profit rather than this long game that they had to play with like crack and fucking Heroin and.
Speaker 4: Shit right, because it's the classism of it all. What type of white people are dying?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they like and Middle America hicks, you know, underrepresented it poor white's Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, yeah, hell yeah, I think we did it. But Ax, this was great. Could you tell the people where they can find you and what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, So you can follow me on Instagram at eight zero dollars in a suitcase. It's eighty dollars in a suitcase. I have my show show on Instagram. Who made the Potato Salad Show? There are all three handles on Instagram. Yeah, I have my own podcast called the Dough I'm Limonada where we talk all things money.
Speaker 4: I love money. I love talking about it.
Speaker 1: I love the emotional attachment to it, and like why we don't talk about it enough.
Speaker 4: I think being transparent, especially.
Speaker 1: As black people, like I will tell you exactly how much they paid me and tell you to ask for more, you know, like, I think that's cool.
Speaker 4: No, we have to what we have to. So I like, yeah, oh, look at your bust down in the back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so follow the dough on Lemonada wherever you get your pods and yeah, there's some cool stuff that I legally can't talk about, but just stay tuned at the end of this year and.
Speaker 3: See fuck yeah, yeah, stay tuned. You got a little to be continued right at the end, like a like a nineties music video.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought you said you got a little too, b I'll say.
Speaker 3: No, Oh, David, he's back, he's back, and he's speaking Spanish again.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 1: Is that song when they said I said, oh, like go masta, she said gonna need you. That's that's David Ship. Okay, like sit in the episode.
Speaker 3: Now we're getting started. This is where I say, yes, sir, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, please rewatch the Blackening if you haven't seen it horror comedy written and produced and starring my baby Dwayne Perkins. So yeah, watch Please Don't Destroy on Peacock Run at the Numbers. Yeah, and there's gonna be other opportunities to support my community endeavors because I'm deeply invested in bringing up the next generation of creatives of color.
Speaker 4: So there'll be opportunities to support that coming soon.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yeah, go support all that ship and uh and we ain't bringing up the community David, what you're selling for yourself?
Speaker 5: Now? Brother? You can watch me on Exploding Kittens on Netflix, only about four of the nine episodes. You don't have to watch them all, just the ones that happen. You can listen to my stand up comedy special Patreon dot com backslash David Borie, where I will be releasing it solo almost first Heyday. For all of you who are broke, sign up for the free Patreon. There's over thirty pieces of content on there already. We got behind this scene. Shit, we got interviews. You got to interview from Langston coming up. It's hilarious. Sign up for that for free, you know. Shout out to everybody at the African American Arts Festival. It was so hot. Whoa fun? I went on Axis. So here's what happened. I was riding my bike and I was like, I ended up in the parade and then I was like, oh, I didn't even know. So I walked through, but I had my bike so all kind of sweaty. And then I told everybody. I was like, let's all go back on Sunday. And then we ended up not going back on Sunday, but I went on Saturday. I had a great time by myself. Almost got me with those African hats. Almost bought one, didn't have enough.
Speaker 3: Cat would you would you have worn it genuinely? Yeah, like it would become a new almost like daily hat for you.
Speaker 5: Not daily. I don't know why you do that to me all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm in stylistically.
Speaker 5: Your little daily hats you.
Speaker 4: Want to wear, David, you want to put on your little.
Speaker 5: Daily bring your little African hat on and each Yeah, Ice, I didn't mean you'd wake up in koofy.
Speaker 3: I just meant that, like you would you know, wear it frequently.
Speaker 5: I want a big hat for events. I got baseball hats, but like when you go to like a food festival, especially lately, it's been so hot. Bro We were at Jazz in the Park the other day and I was like sweating. I was like, this is not I need a bigger one for outside. So I believe for that for sure. Okay, fair enough?
Speaker 3: Well as always, you can follow me at Langston Herman on all social media platform and watch my special August twentieth on Netflix. It's called Bad Poetry. It's gonna be It's gonna be a time, y'all. Y'all go ahead in tune in on that. And if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, if you want to explain to us where the fentanyl should be hidden. Maybe we put chicken, Maybe we're putting it in our broccoli.
Speaker 5: You tell me what.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Send it all to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. By the merch follow like, subscribe, rate review, You know what to do?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 3: I gotta explain everything to you?
Speaker 5: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Bye, bitch?
Speaker 1: Pot my butt, pop pop my butt, Pot my butt, pop, pop my butt.
Speaker 5: Do you know what pop my butt meant? To Harriet Tubman?
Speaker 4: Do you know what that meant?
Speaker 3: It meant a whip.
Speaker 5: My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 3: It's a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 5: Greeted and hosted by Langston Krekt, co hosted by David Bori. Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Han Soni and Olivia Akilon. Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin.
Speaker 3: Kopfon, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 5: Artwork by Joegon Kriega.
Speaker 3: You can now watch episodes and My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel