Speaker 1: Hey, you found the Second Date Update podcast. Thank you so much for being here. And if you haven't heard our merch for a Cause, our Second Date Update Merch for a Cause. Proceeds do go to an incredible charity. So we're not making any money on this. And and you only have till June first to order.
Speaker 2: Yes you can do good, look good.
Speaker 3: That's opened up all the sizes.
Speaker 1: I know it was sold out for a while, so we opened them all back up, so get your orders in before they sell out.
Speaker 2: Again and again very limited time. The link is in the show notes.
Speaker 1: And hopefully you're having a great Memorial Day and celebrating as you need to.
Speaker 3: We're all in mind why we celebrate this day as much.
Speaker 1: That's right and right now, just a little laughter with a Second Date Update, the Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: With dating, people will always like to talk about passion and soulmates finding true love. That'd be great, but sometimes you don't date for love, that date for food. Oh seriously, is there anything more romantic in this world that can bond two people together than a good burrito bowl with a Kale.
Speaker 1: Smoothie, especially when you're not paying You kind of lost me at Kale smoothie.
Speaker 3: I dare to come up with something hotter than tale smoothie and burrito.
Speaker 2: Bowls, I mean, very fibrous.
Speaker 3: Apparently that's what happened with one of our listeners, Amanda the other day. Amanda claims that she bonded with a guy over some delivery food. So, Amanda, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's actually just a Manda.
Speaker 3: Oh just oh. The first day is silent.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. That must be really annoying your entire life.
Speaker 4: It's okay, it's always like conversation starter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good point.
Speaker 3: All right. I apologize Manda for that atrocious butchering of your name. But tell us about the guy that she went out with. What's his name?
Speaker 2: His name is Richie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you pronounced that first ar Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, she doesn't find it funny.
Speaker 3: It's okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you've heard it your whole life. I get it.
Speaker 4: I doing that's funny, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we like to have a little bit of fun before we get into the details of the date. But you met with Richie over delivery food? How did that happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I live in a really big apartment complex and when you order food on one of the food apps, you go and pick it up downstairs, and then the area usually is like a little bit of a hangout, kind of becomes like a social gatherings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess people are waiting for their food or that's.
Speaker 3: Just how you get into the building. A lot of times I feel like it'd be a bunch of really angry people down there waiting for food, all bitter.
Speaker 2: Delivery, glaring at each other.
Speaker 3: That's okay, you met him there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when I was waiting for my food, he was there, and we just kind of started having some small talk, and he asked what I ordered, and then he was bragging that he got the best tacos and then he ended up getting Coco Bell. So I thought that was really funny.
Speaker 2: It was Taco Bell. Was it a joke when he was saying it or was he being legit?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: Good sense of humor. What do you mean Taco Bell is delicious? I don't see the joke in.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't never make sense to him people get Taco Bell delivery because you were literally paying three times what it would cost in the restaurant. That is like the whole point of taco bell is also that it's cheap.
Speaker 2: Usually to state I'm in eating it.
Speaker 1: I can't get to taco be Okay, was this guy sober?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was sober.
Speaker 3: I think, okay, what happened after that? After you met?
Speaker 4: Well, we ran into each other a couple of other times. You know, we know each other a little bit. And eventually he was like, I said, of just meeting in the lobby, we should go get food.
Speaker 2: That's cute. So he asked you out.
Speaker 4: He did ask me out.
Speaker 2: Did he take you to his favorite taco place? That would have been a good move.
Speaker 4: No, we just went to kind of like an American cuisine kind of spot that was pretty close.
Speaker 3: And how did that go?
Speaker 4: It was great. We hung out. You know, I really liked him. We really got to know each other. It was lovely.
Speaker 3: I thought, Okay, what did you guys talk about?
Speaker 4: Like work? Family? He had a cat named Joe.
Speaker 3: And the food was good. It sounds like it all sounds normal. Were there any any issues that came up during the date.
Speaker 4: No issues that I can really think of. I mean, we were talking a lot. So at one point the waiter came and cleared our table like before, we were done, which is a big pet peeve of mine.
Speaker 2: But so you threw a fork at him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I just kind of lightly asked him that he didn't need to take our main plates because we're still eating, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, how did it end?
Speaker 4: The bill came, he paid I off for devenmo him. He turned it down.
Speaker 2: Good offer.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should always offer, even if you don't mean it.
Speaker 2: I do fake offer, but I'm never going to Okay.
Speaker 3: And then the guy say, it's like, oh my's not working.
Speaker 5: For everyone.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he covered the whole bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he covered the whole bill. Okay. I thought things were going really well and I thought he was going to kiss me, but then he just hugged me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean maybe he got scared.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is is so like tough and scary.
Speaker 1: And did you feel like you guys had chemistry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I really liked him. I don't know, maybe he just didn't like me as much as I like him.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is a rational thing to say, my friend.
Speaker 3: Kay responsible, and it was.
Speaker 2: It's hard to admit that sometimes.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of weird though, because you live in the same building you haven't seen him since that happened, Or have you run into him down at the delivery food hangout?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty big building, so it's not necessarily going to run into someone all the time. But I had seen him there pretty frequently before we had hung out, and now I haven't seen him at all.
Speaker 2: And he didn't mention like going out of town or anything.
Speaker 3: No, for the day was so bad he moved. Yeah, he's like, you know what, I'm breaking the leaves. I'm out of here. We're going to play a song and then we're gonna do the very practical thing and ask rich for you if there is a legitimate reason why he's not calling you back.
Speaker 4: Okay, sounds good. But also his name is.
Speaker 3: Richie not rich Oh God, did I releast grew up both names in one segment? You're good? Yeah, it's a skill par for the course for me.
Speaker 1: Here here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to quote Amanda, not Amanda, but Aanda without that first day because she our second day or today she said, quote, I really liked him, but like maybe he didn't like me as much as I liked him. Yeah, And even though she said, like four times in a single sentence. Professor Brooke Fox still gave her a gold star for being practical and having a well thought out explanation for her ghost.
Speaker 1: There some emotional intelligence right there that she displayed.
Speaker 3: Brook, any other clinical pragmatic commentary you'd like to have us document on the podcast for posterity reasons?
Speaker 1: No, but I am taking notes for later, so he might put forward next to me and uh, we can review it a later time.
Speaker 3: Sounds fun for everybody, all right, yes, why do you even give that opportunity? I regret it? So, Uh, Amanda, how are you feeling before we call Richie for you?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: You're doing okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a little nervous, but I'm interested to hear what he has to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And have you been like nervous to run into him because you know, like when so much time has passed and it gets awkward And.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, you know, I've kind of guess been rehearsing what to say if I run into him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we all do that in our minds, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She totally hasn't been camping out down at the bottom of the elevators just like accidentally waiting to put like a key into the mailbox hole, just like, oops, what are you doing here? That's funny.
Speaker 4: I haven't done anything like that.
Speaker 3: Good, Okay, that's very practical of you. Let's just call Richie though and see what he has to say. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh he got the name.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, look at you, jeff You remembered something. Oh way, you wrote it down? Well, yeah, I practiced it seven times before we Here we go. See what Richie has to say? Hello, Hello, is this Richie? This is this is Jeffrey with a y at the end.
Speaker 2: You would start with a J. I mean you would always spell it with his. Some people spell it with a G.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Some people get confused on these things. Words, words and names we found are very difficult today. So there's also to e's. There's also two f's. Hie, Hello Richie.
Speaker 5: Hi, So you're you're Jeffrey from.
Speaker 3: A morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Oh so, why are you guys telling me?
Speaker 3: Very astute question there, Richie. We're calling because we're trying to dig a little bit into your dating life.
Speaker 5: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Intrusively Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was brought to us. Yeah, I mean just that, I mean a little bit intrusively, but in a nice way. Because one of our listeners named Manda went out with you recently and would like to go out with you again.
Speaker 5: She'd like to go out with me again.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I would give you that idea.
Speaker 3: She literally emailed the show saying I would like to see Richie again.
Speaker 2: It was very direct.
Speaker 3: We read between the lines on that one a little bit, but we figured out she wants another date.
Speaker 6: I'm just like totally confused right now. I mean, I thought that we had a really good time, but I don't understand, Like I didn't hear anything from her, so I just thought she didn't like me, so I kind of moved off.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, she said she tried to get hold of you. I thought, did she tell us that or did she not tell us that?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I asked that question. That was too busy trying to figure out her name.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, I don't know how she had to contact me, Like, I don't know we got a call from her or text or anything after the date?
Speaker 1: Wow, did you text or call her though, Richie? I mean, maybe she's one of those girls that was just doesn't want to be too forward.
Speaker 6: No, I mean usually a girl at least, I mean, even though we live in the same building, shull at least say hey, I got home safe.
Speaker 5: It was nice to night, you know something, just so you know she got into it.
Speaker 3: I mean, do it nothing or even like a thank you for dinner and paying for everything.
Speaker 2: Maybe nice and ask if she got home safe? Do you guys building, try a little harder.
Speaker 3: I've been stuck in the elevator for a week. It happens, so it does not happen.
Speaker 1: So wait, so you liked her, she liked you, and neither of you have texted or called each other.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that seems that seems easy.
Speaker 3: It does seem easy because you're in luck, Ritchie. Amanda is actually on the other line right now, wanting to tell you how much she likes you and wants to see you again.
Speaker 5: Amanda, Hey, Richie, Hey, oh this is so strange to me right now. I'm totally taken away.
Speaker 4: Well, it's kind of your your perspective on this, because I thought that you didn't like me.
Speaker 5: I mean, for her relief and kind of funny, but we wasted a lot of time. I guess, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I don't know. I guess I was expecting you to be a like as good of a communicator as you got talked about, like how that was important, and then I was kind of confused after.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just funny, like you guys seem like you're both interested in each other so and you just didn't realize that it was going on. You were both too shy to say it.
Speaker 5: Well, it was from what she just said that she thinks I'm a pretty bad communicator.
Speaker 1: Seems like you both are, like we both liked each other, and neither one of you reached out.
Speaker 3: That's not what you're saying, right, Amanda, I mean kind of well you didn't you didn't communicate with him?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I did. I was pretty clear that I was waiting to hear from him first, that I kind of liked the guy taking the initiative first. I don't know, I guess I didn't expect so much from Akatharson.
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 3: Whoa Where did that come from?
Speaker 5: So now I'm a liar and a bad person because they're like cats, right, do not.
Speaker 2: Just in our I don't think you can take that one back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought when you were talking to us earlier, you said you had he had a cute cat named Joe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, but I'm just you know, I'm sorry. I didn't think that, rittie. I didn't think you're going to be so sensitive, So I'm sorry to bring that up.
Speaker 3: Now, he's sensitive.
Speaker 5: I guess being sensitives better than being a total jerk to the waiter.
Speaker 2: So what happened with the waiter.
Speaker 5: Out?
Speaker 2: I know, but she said she.
Speaker 4: Asked him, Yeah, what are you trying to say?
Speaker 5: Okay, so when he tried to take your plate the other night, you said, in like a harsh tone, you know, I'm not done right, Like that's as anarchy as you can get a little backhand.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was pretty polite. I wasn't done, so I just let the waiter know.
Speaker 3: But it was probably the tone. Yeah are we are we forgetting that? You guys both really liked each other like two minutes ago.
Speaker 5: I'm just big on like manners and just etiquette and there's a polite way to do things, and she just did not observe that.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you're not just being defensive right now? Because she called you a pathetic overly sensitive cat person.
Speaker 2: She didn't say pathetic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I'm just reading between the lines. But we all know what she meant. The words were there, they were just unspoken.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that I'm not polite because I offered to pay for half of the meal.
Speaker 5: I mean masculating. You got to know that, rightaculated. That's emasculating, Like I'm a dude on the first date. What kind of dude doesn't pay for the first date?
Speaker 3: Well, true, I'm sorry. In Amanda's defense, you did order taco bell, so maybe she just didn't think you had the budget.
Speaker 1: For Itanda's defense, it's a polite thing to.
Speaker 3: Do, Yeah, says money bags Brook over there.
Speaker 1: It's nice to offer, you know, even if you don't do it, at least you know that you have someone who is more of a partner and not someone who just wants free stuff.
Speaker 3: Is it rude, like assuming that he can't afford it on his own.
Speaker 2: That's not what she was assuming at all.
Speaker 3: This is going to come as a news Flashbrook, But not everybody in the world agrees with you on everything.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gonna all of a sudden, And now.
Speaker 3: Are we fighting with each other because I liked you before this call started? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Cat guy?
Speaker 2: Is that what I said?
Speaker 5: How dare you?
Speaker 2: And I don't even know?
Speaker 3: How do you disrespect cats? There's nothing wrong with having cats, Brooke, Well, here's.
Speaker 2: Where the show.
Speaker 3: Should you know what? Buy me lunch shed work. I'm going to offer to pay for half of it. How do you like that? Yeah, I'm sure you would stop.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 3: Maybe he got the meal ordered right one time instead of getting me a burrito bowl like Torty is around my burritos. Brook a while, you didn't need the car, Richie?
Speaker 2: And are you still on the phone?
Speaker 3: Come on, Richie, Manda, were doing this or not? We send you on a second date. We're gonna pay for it. Book's gonna offer to pay for half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whether you like.
Speaker 5: It or not?
Speaker 3: A look?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: Well, and like I thought, it was to go out of your way to try and help your listeners one time. And this is how you get treated going off when you offer to pay for their dates and yelled at them ilating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm used.
Speaker 3: To it all right. Well, sorry Amanda and Richie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of got out of hand there, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, from you.
Speaker 3: That's offensive to people that don't have hands.
Speaker 2: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: All right, we've calmed down a little bit. And sometimes I'll be honest, I wonder why our listeners keep asking for our help. Honestly, they keep on asking us to help them. You know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Even therapists have their own issues, right, they have to work.
Speaker 3: Through, usually not in front of the clients.
Speaker 2: But you get paid as a therapist. We don't know.
Speaker 3: Some of us on the show get paid more than others, and it's a little bit unfair.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 2: Pay gap thing.
Speaker 3: We'll admit it got out of hand, but I do want everybody to know. Once we got off the air, I graciously offered to give both of them restaurant gift cards, even if they didn't want to go out with each other, just for the trouble, Brooke, what did you offer them?
Speaker 2: You guys like scared them away? I offer them that first?
Speaker 3: Oh did you anyway? I don't know why you'd want to, but if you ever want us to help you with your love life, you can always email the show and maybe no.
Speaker 2: Maybe you end up helping us out in the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Actually, maybe we should call another show to help with our issues. That's good, that's a good idea. Any Way, you can always find the second date updates on our Brook and Jeffrey YouTube. Go check it out, subscribe. Uh, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's the end.
Speaker 3: That's the end.