Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mela, and it's Wednesday. Happy hump Day, ladies and gentlemen. Happy hump Day. H u mp baby humping up and hempy hepping.
Speaker 2: Read a shirt that says hump or just happy hump day happy.
Speaker 1: I'd be weird on Wednesday, specifically, Yeah, your Wednesday shirts, your Wednesday shirt, yeah, because we drop on Wednesdays, having like your Friday shirt is like drop the goddamn kids off shirt, Like.
Speaker 2: Oh what if we oh yeah, like we did the days of the week shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doing a good job Monday, Monday, oh yeah, or like, fine mom, you're doing a good job Monday.
Speaker 2: We already have fine Mom. Okay, fine mama. Monday. Tuesday is tip me Tuesday, Tuesday. Put your cash up on the back. Hompday. Wednesday, Thursday, remember Thursday. Thursdays be Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, or this week is almost over, bitch, thank god Thursday. That's too long, right, there's a lot of shirts. Okay, we can we can barely keep up with the monthly drops. Speaking of which, keep an eye on our our shop. We're having some really cool four to twenty drops this month, So we're designers. I don't know if you knew, have.
Speaker 1: A lot of cute stuff on our on our merch store. Guys, it's not your typical merch store where like people just put their face on a shirt that you don't want to wear.
Speaker 2: No, no, we're not going to do that to you. We'd realize no one wants to wear pictures of our face on like any of the other podcasts, no shade, but nobody wants to wear a picture of your fucking face, even if you're selling thousands of them. Just let me tell you first, you'd be selling more of everyone then put your face on merchandise. Yeah, some of them are cute, though there's some are cute, but ours.
Speaker 1: I think our shop is really unique and it's curated and it's really high quality, and we'd be really taking our time over there.
Speaker 2: So make sure you check out Good Mom's Bad Choices. I mean, look at us. We're fashion so if you're watching this episode, you'll see we are very fashionable.
Speaker 1: Right now, I have a blonde pony on yep, my hair is blonde, so the pony has to be blonde, even though my hair is pulled back, it doesn't really look blonde. So then this pony just looks kind of absurd.
Speaker 2: It's ombre. But I have a hat on, so you can't really see what happens. You were attaching your ponytail underneath his hat this morning.
Speaker 1: And I'm really I feel like this is my new look. I'm gonna get really into my pony bag. Well, I tell you, when you get in your pony bag, it's something. It just gives you bad bitch energy because I remember that full like two months I was wearing ponytails, so I feel you it gives you like a dominatrix.
Speaker 2: I'm a boss bitch. I want it even longer.
Speaker 1: I feel like I need to find to like figure out how to like extend the braid to like my knees at least.
Speaker 2: No. I support that. I really I might. You know, we might have to do like a ponytail Day is another shirt doesn't ponytail Saturday. Yeah, I'm wearing thigh hi it's raining, so this is my brainy look. I'm wearing thigh high leather boots. Pleather boots because I support animals and are good. Mom's love flower embroidered sweatshirts, very classy, and it has a sativa hybrid indica on the sleeve because it's really important, very very What are we smoking today today? This is yours. You gave this to me. This it is because it's rainy day, so we're gonna be chilling. This is also my anxiety has been up because we've been very, very busy, you guys. This last like seven days was super duper fucking intense. I thought maybe Ida wasn't gonna make it. I contemplated if I needed to get like some anxiety slash add adult prescription medicines, but I settled on organic hair c co anxiety natural tablets. Yes, organic brands.
Speaker 1: Our girl kay Kola has a lot of amazing stuff on her shop. But she also has these pills that you can take for anxiety. And you said they were working right.
Speaker 2: They came up right on time. I was really in like deep thoughts. I was somewhere on Google like adults and like no anxiety, and then then those came in the mail and I was like, oh, bitch, just take these. These are natural. This is more on brand for you. Her shit is her All of her stuff is really good. I've been using her. It's like a whole system, the no filter filter system. Yeah, I got the no filter wash face wash wash in the night morning. They have the night cream and the day cream. Oh did I get the daycream? Money to look and it smells really good. It has like lemon grass in it. I shimmering. I just love that it's black Oh Mama owned and or former guest owned. And honestly, this month we are focusing on wellness. If you're just joining us, it's April wellness.
Speaker 1: Wait before we say that, I just want to if you guys are interested in trying her brand, make sure you use our promo code g NBC twenty for twenty percent off. We'll leave the link in this episode description. Support black women, support mothers, support former guests, support brands that actually fucking work because there's a lot of trash ass brands.
Speaker 2: Out here, and or Katie Brands is the bomb. Yeah, I agree, And this month is all about wellness. But like I was going to say, let's do a challenge, but we're not going to do a challenge with whether it doesn't require drinking, because we're definitely drinking this month. I'm strongly committed to drinking this month and fucking. So that's strongly committed, strongly committed to drinking and fucking this month. That's not off the table, but we are still going to. You know what, I want everyone to understand that it isn't necessarily taking care of yourself. This I mean depriving yourself of stuff all the time. You can eat what you want to and also take care of yourself. Today, we got an elixir, Ah Bitter's Elixir in the mail from a tribe member. She was so kind to send us this bitters js Sewell the alchemist. This packaging is cute, It's super cute. She has an instagram at basted Protector Goddess Basted a protected Goddess Protector Goddess. While I just totally chop that up. But I'm let's take an it. It's good for you.
Speaker 1: Wait, it does have directions here says take two caps full to a glass of water twice daily.
Speaker 2: I just just to put it in the water, just to drink it with water. I don't know, but we don't have any water, so let's just do. It's gonna go straight to the head, Okay. It's an herbal rum tonic infused with hondorn and bush herbs to reap health benefits of blood purification, removal of intestinal parasites, detoxing the prostate, improving hormonal balance, and hangovers. Bitches need to be balanced, so pour it up.
Speaker 1: Thank you, wife, you welcome. I just want to say, also, I hope this isn't poisonous. If it does and we're dead by the end of this episode, it's because we because we trust people from the internet and beverages.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, I just feel like our tribe is protected and no one's going to try and kill us. But if you do, now everybody knows. Cheers to more health April Wellness, Wednesday, wellness April. Oh shit, that's okod that's good. I can tell it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: That is cleaning my blood bitch for sure. Whoa m okay, well, that's good though. I have to like that's like a cinnamon e some cinnamum taste or something. Okay, I w I need to they'll wake you up in the morning. If you guys are interested in ever advertising your small businesses on the podcast, makes sure you email production at Good Momsbad Choices dot com. We have special rates for our tribe special rates for Mama specifically because we always want to support the moms and small businesses, small businesses, because we're a small business and.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how we've grown just having our friends help us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, closed mouth, don't get fed, don't be nervous, because that's the only reason this podcast is last for four years, because me and Mila just keep asking people for shit.
Speaker 2: Don't ask us for too much shit, not too much. Don't ask us for dumb shit. If you have, like if you have a real business and you're really trying, please but don't be like just on some bullshit. And here's a tip to keep the email short, very short. We have very I mean, I just told you I learned. I think in the beginning of our business, we were fucking sending epic long emails. Bitch, nobody was writing those emails. No one wrote us back. Yeah, good, Like, let's you have a little hair on your nose. My hair shed's like really intensely. Oh my god, I was having like relaxer Gil again, could I take my hair down? And I like this, first of all, so much of my hair came out because I had those ship those foe locks in for like three fucking months, and I was on the Funk FaceTime with the Luna and she's like, why is your hair straight? And I was like, not this again. She's noticing. It's like I'm a sellout. I was like, I'm just gonna shave my head and start over. And I was like, no, you're not, You're lying. I'm vain, and so I just haven't. I haven't stopped relaxing my hair. And then the inner like natural black girl in me is against the not so natural black girl in me. Well, how would you have your hair if it wasn't this way? Like it would be just like a curly shortcut. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I've done it, but but you didn't like it. I did. I was pregnant. It was wholesome, id I just wholesome. I looked very young, okay, and wholesome. Yeah. Well, you know I have had less versatility. I guess not really, this is only hair. Still I wear like this, and well my ponytail.
Speaker 1: You swear that you're the size of your hair growing out gives you versatility, It does, Bitch, You better just shave those things because you're you're gonna get a faux hawk in like four I mean a faux dreads in like two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm probably I know, I'm gonna give it in like two months when it's the summertime, when I go to the tropics. God or Coachella. Uh, you're right, you guys, Coachella's coming up.
Speaker 1: It's April. Coachella's coming up. You know, we fucking thrive in two places, New York and Coachella. Okay, New York, Coachella, Coachella, Momchella.
Speaker 2: This is our ship.
Speaker 1: You haven't listened to our former Momchella episodes. What the fuck are you doing? They're epic every single time we go.
Speaker 2: And this is our first time going since the pandemic. So we're like really going to be really excited to get out the house. And I have a lot of mushroom powder from Costa Rica, so we're about to go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have our some of our mom friends that haven't been out the house. They like have babies, they've been waiting to just get out, and we're all going.
Speaker 2: It's a crew. We're going.
Speaker 1: If you see us, say hi, advite us to the parties. If you're listening, you've got some VIP passes. Send the bitch, send me a VIP.
Speaker 2: Passia, send Eric, can you play you top dollar for your VIP pass? I can't. I need it.
Speaker 1: It's very crucial for it's very crucial for my ego. It's very crucial in general. And these bitches do you bills making fun of me now, But this bitch will be the first one slipping off the wristband and putting it on herself to get into the VIP. Absolutely, it's gonna be. It's gonna be best. I want to be on the golf cart in the backstage. Okay, me too, me too. I'm too old. We're too old to be general.
Speaker 2: Last time I was general, I almost fucking died. Was that when we went together? It was when I we went Actually was twice I went with you, and then one time I went just with Wait, was that with my brother? I was with you?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been twice with him. Okay, so one time was my brother and I lost him in a sea of people and my shoes.
Speaker 2: It was just terrible. It was just I'm not cut up for that anymore. In my mid thirties. I can't. I can't do it. Here's the key, Like here's this is what happens. You can still party as you get older. You just got to party.
Speaker 1: Rite you got a party at a higher level. Like some people like you still got to Coachella. Yeah, bitch, I go to Coachella. I fucking love music festivals. I love going to see artists. I love just said you still go to Coachella. Someone said that to me, like you got you like to go to music festivals. I'm like, do you have you don't like music? I'm confused, you'd rather just listen on Spotify?
Speaker 2: I got it. I feel like music festivals are like the hippie person's church. It's like the largest, like biggest, like church convention, but in spiritual music, like free spirited realm.
Speaker 1: It's that it's like you get to see twenty concerts in this very short amount of time.
Speaker 2: The vibes are amazing because everyone's there for the The fashions are amazing. I like to go for the fashion, meet freddy people, you dim into people you haven't seen in years. Everybody is very It's kind of like a sex party. Everybody's so open and kind and friendly because they're all here, like we all know we're here to like vibe and so the vibes are open, and I feel like the heart chakra is very like present and moving and like that energy. A lot in music festivals, everyone's like, even if you don't know them, you'd be like, oh my god, you look so cute, give me a hug.
Speaker 1: I know. I went to a festival a few weeks ago, smoking grooves out here, and I almost didn't go because I put it in the group chat and no one said shit, and I was like, are you guys? My friends are not like what the fuck is happening? And so I said, fuck this, I'm going to go without y'all. So me and Ashley went and it was amazing, and I was like, that was like a baby that's like a baby festival.
Speaker 2: I wanted. I wanted wanted to go, but I was having mom gil and you know what, I rarely honor my mom gil because my FOMO was high and I was just like, so tied. We've done so much in the last month. I was like, bitch, sit the fuck down, and my spirit was like, you know when your spirit tells you bitch, sit the fuck down. I was like, I can't even fight with this urge to not go. And I wanted to go. Though. Cool, it's cool. We can't hang out every day. We already do enough together, I know. I was like, I told my mom. I was like, I'm going to New Orleans, and I was like, yeah, because I always travel with Erica. I don't even know what it's like to not travel with Erica anymore. I would travel. I haven't done a trip without Erica in so many fucking years. I'm like, it's so crazy because when I think about the beginning of Erica and I, at the beginning of Erica and I, the beginning of start, the beginning of our love story, I specifically remember that we didn't hang out. She asked me to the podcast, and then we did hang out, and I was like, god, I don't really know her. Wow, this is weird, and then we I didn't say it was weird, but I was like, okay, well, yeah, it was probably kind of in my head. We had like one hangout at the house and I told her like, we're gonna have to take pictures together so we have stuff to post, and then like, going from oh, we need to hang out more to the fucking do I have any other friends? It's fucking great. And not that I don't love you. I feel like I'm going to go all this time without hanging out with you, and then I be like, hello, where come back to meet our friends? Bringing coffee? So just if there's a noise, you can sit if you want, Thank you? Is that my ice coffee? I mean ice lating what you can? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: This is?
Speaker 2: What if you guys are just joining us? This is these are real? Are you gonna leave? I'm gonna have a sip of it? Is she going back? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a coffee addict. If anyone needs coffee in this room's fucking me. You just had a alixir? You're right, Okay, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: She just wants to go to the back of the coffee shop. She can go. I'm not gonna fight her for that. She can go.
Speaker 1: When you told me you're going to New Orleans, I like, I got a little bit jealous, just because I'm like, so used to like doing everything with you, And I was like, bitch, relax because we see her for every five seconds.
Speaker 2: You don't want to go to knowing I feel that way with you, I'm like, even with the first of all, I'm like I want to go. I'm like, do you think she needs a break for you? I'm like probably, But I was like, I want to go. I'm like, bitch, it's fine if we it's a separation anxiety. I was thinking that. I'm like, is something wrong with me? Do I have? Am my codependent in every aspect of my fucking life. I was like, bitch, if you don't sit down and not go with her, I had to really like talk to myself. And then I thought about neur Leans. I was like, is she coming? And then I'm thinking about going to Mexico for a month, and I was like, I'm gonna miss Erica. Bitch, this only bitch you sleep in the same bed with for like four Like it's it's like beautifully love, but it's like it's like beautiful sick, non lesbian leve.
Speaker 1: I know we're the best us in her head, but like, honestly, take a break for your fucking friend, you know.
Speaker 2: For promote that enough. I'm like, if we don't take breaks, we're gonna hate each other. I'm like, no way, there's not There's no way. God, the amount of time that we enjoy spending together is so insane. This week Okay, let me just give you, like, let me give you a brief between like Wednesday to Saturday, and let me tell you what we got done, because it's fucking insane. Okay, So just imagine it's just a five day period and you have to do the following things. We hosted a mixer, We got a hotel room. We went to the pool, we didn't finish. We went to her We saw Paris Hilton, DJ it was Paris Hilton. It was Paris Hilton. I met up with my fuck buddy, went back to downtown, got another hotel room, wrote some more. Oh yeah, I went home. Okay, I did. We did go home one time. We went home once, except I didn't sleep. I was stupid. I had sex and I tested, Yeah, I tested my fuck buddy and then I Then we came back to downtown. Decided we're to get another room. Convinced a grandma to take both kids. Did a talk at a conference in like the Cutest Business Professional Sexy Romey and Michelle high school reunion outfits that were like not really a conference, like, but we were going to make them. They went to the Soho House. Then I almost custodega out. Then we got another hotel room. Worked. Do we work this? We worked? We worked at the Soho house.
Speaker 1: We went to Yeah, then she was kersteneck out, then he left, then we left, then we ate, we ate, We went back to the hotel room. We wrote for hours, like we were high school.
Speaker 2: Students that needed to make a deadline, like twelfth grade passing grade depended on this night, I was up, like literally, I was like I'm out, and she be like I'm not. She like left the light on. All of her was.
Speaker 1: I was like punched over and punch over in the corner, typing naked. I was like, wow, she's she.
Speaker 2: Was ahead of me because in the process of writing this book, we haven't really talked a lot about writing this book because we've been avoiding it. You know, one of my childhood dreams is writing a book, like it really is. I was getting my lashes done. I'm at licensed as a titian. I do lashes, and so I was getting my lashes done this week by the person who taught me, and she was like, yeah. When I first started training you, you know, I asked you what your five year plan was, and you said, I'm gonna be like a journalist. And an author, and she was like, I was like, what the fuck. I thought you're gonna say something in the beauty business, like with lashes, And I was like, really, that's what I said? She said yeah, and I was like, bet, I'm so happy I'm on track. But at that time I had no idea how I was going to do any of those things. But and also I have a huge fear of people reading shit, Like I'm sensitive about my shit.
Speaker 1: Well because you were in your privacy was invaded a lot as a child, and your diaries and people.
Speaker 2: Reading your shit.
Speaker 1: But now this is like you get to tell your story and the way that you wanted to be read and the way you want it to be received.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy, but I feel so much anxiety about it. I'm like super excited and I feel super activated, but then I'm getting these periods so I'm like, oh my god, what if it's not good enough? Or like am I an author? Like I've never written a book. I've never written a book. And then these chapters that we were writing have been super and super intense. It's about just like the gets really are this book. Like I know we talk a lot here, but this book is about to get super deep and in depth about our experiences, you know, coming into this space and shifting from like not being single to being single, I'm being pregnant and breaking up and you know, just the road to how we met and where we were at. I hadn't realized how much I hadn't revisited that place in my life, and it was really it's been very difficult. I didn't realize I was avoiding it so heavily, but I was. And also that night when I was up like a fucking psycho, I I had like I was tense in my body. I felt as I was thinking about it and writing it, I felt it like the stress that I experienced at that time, and it just felt super triggering because when you've been in an abusive, dark, toxic relationship, especially as like as for me, I disassociate and I kind of like glazed it over like it was all good because I was fine. I was like, I'm fine, but I was not fine, bitch. I was struggling, so it was hard to like. And then even I even sleeping that night was difficult, and then we still weren't done. We had to wake up. We woke up at six in the morning and started writing again. So it was like a very energetically draining but beautiful transcribing were in the We're in the subble house sec and then I broke up because I was sat, We've figured out how to transcribe on our notes, so we're like, okay, I'm going to be an author through my phone. This is gonna Yeah. We was like, I was like, I need to stop typing and I need to start talking because this is what we do. Yeah. I was like, actually, why am I writing? Like I could just talk it. Yeah, but I'm not going to talking to myself.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's the journey of figuring out how we author. But I know for me, you know what, in my reaction to writing, it wasn't like it was TENSI ish.
Speaker 2: I just would get.
Speaker 1: Really exhausted immediately. And I realized it's because I felt very exhausted in that time in my life too.
Speaker 2: And I remember sleeping.
Speaker 1: Actually, I remember like there were times where I would sleep for like long periods of the day, and that was depression.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize that I was in that space.
Speaker 1: And I noticed when I was writing about certain things and not just like you know, my my experience. But even the joy, even talking about the joy was exhausting to me in ways because I was like just revisiting the whole overall experience and like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. I'm glad that those chapters are done.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, my love, Oh my god, congratulations, so fucking happy. I know that we have to do some more edits, but that part, yeah, I feel like I like I threw up, I purged, I did purge onto the paper and.
Speaker 2: Now you guys get to read my purge at some point in twenty twenty three, which I even I dealt with that too, Like am I saying too much? Is this too much? Is just too honest? Right? Me too? Who's how is this going to be received? Too? And then you know what my hater like, do I am I look like a bitch? Do I?
Speaker 1: Like I kept I've started to doubt myself, Like am I a bitch for sharing?
Speaker 2: This? Is it my fault?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Did I? I obviously have?
Speaker 1: I know I play a part in whatever has happened in my life in general, and just the choices that I've made and like the growth that I was at at that point in my life, but.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, now I'm wondering. I'm like, damn, did I put enough about like where I was at? Like am I just like this was stupid? Let me tell you why. I mean, yeah, reflect on that too, you know.
Speaker 1: But because I did, it actually made me really have to be more accountable too, Like how did I play a part in any of the things that have happened in my life, whether it's the daddy issues, whether it's the relationship with my family, whether it's a relationship with my child's father, whether.
Speaker 2: All of it, Like what is my part in all of it?
Speaker 1: As like an outsider looking in before I just put it all on the internet, put it on the internet, put it in print.
Speaker 2: We've already put it on the internet.
Speaker 1: We got to put it in every print forever for someone to read. And I guess, I don't know digest whatever interpretation they get from that.
Speaker 2: But that's the beautiful thing about this process is that, and I'm doing it with you, you know, is that we can put it on paper and then we can have conversations like maybe because I need to like revisit that in a different perspective, and like also I think it's kind of dope, not dope, but it is different that. The truth is, me and Erica knew each other during that period, but we weren't near each other.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is like the first six chapters of the book is not even like we hadn't even met yet. Yeah, everything before that that, Like, I think we usually talk about a lot about our inception and like from that period on. And that's why I feel like this is definitely a different for me too, Like I feel extremely exposed and vulnerable and like I don't always feel comfortable in that space. I do in ways, but like what I feel comfortable sharing, and I feel like in the book it's forced me to be like, Okay, like how do I make this useful? I have to be totally transparent and honest about it. And the beauty is that I love writing too, and it's like it's fun to like interpret my story but get to say it in like a beautiful way too, you know, like paint the picture. So I don't know, I'm just really excited. That was a cool part of the this week, but it was also fucking stressful.
Speaker 2: It was so fucking stressed, and then we had like we also spoke at podcast Movement. Shout out to podcast movement, evolution, evolutions.
Speaker 1: So I was twenty two downtown, the biggest podcast convention in the whole motherfucking world, which is it's amazing what they do. It is they are like, it's a really that convention is really dope. There's a lot of like resources and people there, and I feel like there was definitely a different vibe than the one in Nashville that we did it last year. And yeah, we did a panel and it was about how authenticity can leverage your podcast and it.
Speaker 2: Was cool, like to really reflect on how it has Yeah, how like like, yeah, that's really the scariest part of this is like how authentic You're gonna be real real. That's what my mom said. I told her what the panel was. She's like, what does that mean. I was like, well, I guess just how being yourself can really be beneficial. She's like, oh, yeah, I really look up to you. But you know, me and Erica since this was not so like it was intentional, but not in the way that it's coming to fruition. It's always like every time like a pinch, you know, like this is crazy and like us making a PowerPoint and having a clicker and being like and this one here even thugs cried. This is being vulnerable, you know, like just making up shit, making up shit, But like, I just love it.
Speaker 1: I love being a corporate bitch, okay, corporate corporate, a corporate, authentic.
Speaker 2: Creative bitch like that.
Speaker 1: That space feels exciting to me because I make the rules and I can say whatever the fuck I want. And I cursed the whole time during the whole my whole panel, because that's who I am and that's what you're getting and that's why I'm here.
Speaker 2: You know, And it's like, I just feel like it's it was. That was really cool and fun. I love that shit. It was. It was. It was an and you know, we all we've done it before. We got a bigger stage, we had more people come, and you know, people are engaged and you see people in real life they say I've listened, and I love that. Like it's just so much cooler when you get to really connect and have conversations and and be with people in mongstter industry and shake it up because you know, it can be every kind of conference can have. It's a lot. It's very male dominated. That's why I was really excited to also do that all female mixer with speaker, because you know, we finally like get to see where things need to give, like have more space in podcasting, and now we're in the position to in some ways advocate for it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, and I remember the first podcast conference I went to. It was like Digital Hollywood or something here. I remember like someone gave us tickets and I was like taking.
Speaker 1: Notes and I met and I met fucking cam Sex talk with my mom, And now we're on Pleasure podcast and like, I just think it's a testimony to the power of using your network, of using your network, because I didn't even think about that that you met him at that convention and now like he's like we work with him, yeah, in his business, But that's a lot of people we've come across, and like that's the power of making friends in your industry and then utilizing each other. We work with so many of the people we like we crossed paths with, and like, even if we don't work with them, it's always a lesson. It's always like an added value to our business, you know, Like speaking of which, like even with the Good Vibe Retreat, you know, it's such a testament of how like community and networking, and like we're about to include some really epic guests on these next Like we have some special guests that we haven't announced yet, I know.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing we did in this last five days. We like, yeah, we like solidified and had some really cool you know, some of our guests come and commit to coming to the retreat and adding value to the just the healing that we're all going to receive.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I'm just yeah, I'm so excited. I was just talking to someone. I was like, I can't wait for the summertime. I was like, I can't wait to get back to Costa Rica. I'm ready to get I just love it there. It just gives me like this energy and I feel like there's this soul. I don't know, I have this weird connection to it. I don't know, Like I know that you do too, I don't know, but it all feels personal, Like when you go there, it's like your own personal connection to the space.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That feels like Yeah, So I'm really excited for our next retreats and it feels.
Speaker 2: Grounding the next group of women. I know, I get to meet more women and like I already feel so close to the ones that like we've met and like we still talk every day every day.
Speaker 1: Every day, we'll talk every day in the slack, and we fucking share pictures and stories.
Speaker 2: H and you know meet up whenever we can, and everybody's meeting up and it's just like it just feels bombed and I'm super excited to you know, have gone through a good vibratory experienced it and then not get to do it again. We've extended it one day just so we have more time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that extra day is going to be really amazing and just like chill because the place is so it's like there's so much to do, but then there's so little to do.
Speaker 2: Also, like it's really your choice. It's a small town, but you can.
Speaker 1: Go ziplining, you can go whale watching, dolphins swimming, like all types of stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's just like has a soul to it.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: It's like a personal like you know what, like someone that you love and you've known forever. Soul. It's like like kind of like a like an embracing I don't like a really cool grandmother, the coolest, the coolest grandmother you could think of, like like and she has like so much knowledge and so much like everything's gonna be alright, Like going to visit like the most hippie ross to Grandma and she hugs you and makes you good food. That is the vibe. That is the vibe of the good Vibe retreat for sure. Yeah, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking a lot about sexual wellness, sexual pleasure and whether it's trainable. And I recently found this amazing platform called Educated where this is all possible. If you're having problems in your sex life, Educated is going to change your life.
Speaker 2: Sexual wellness and sexuality is definitely trainable. And now with the Educated, it's like the Netflix of sexual wellness. They believe that sexual happiness is trainable, and they have an online course platform with easy to follow video, audio, and guided written guides for everything you can think of.
Speaker 4: They offer an expert backed library of courses from tantra to kink to explore new practices and upgrade your love making skills. Take a deep dive into one or more of their courses for women and share your authentic experiences with your friends and lover. And right now, here's a hot tip you can try Educated for one day for free and get sixty five percent off Educated's yearly pass with our code good Moms. Just go to educated dot com and use coupon code good Moms. Your sixty five percent off will be locked in for life. That's Educated b ed U c a ted dot com and use code good Moms. The link is in our episode description.
Speaker 2: Happy Sexual Wellness. What else did we do? We went to a fashion show. Shout out to to our girl Ashley, who is the founder of the Model Experience. The motherfucking Model Experience actually was so fucking amazing. I cried, like I kept crying. I was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: This never happens where I'm like just so proud of my friends, and I'm just crying everywhere.
Speaker 2: It couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: It was so it's just been so amazing to watch the progression of her business and to see where she I've known her for so long, to see where she started and her to now like just have this epic modeling business where women get to go and like feel seen, like use these like these things that are nately in them, which is like to shine, just to shine and to feel confident and to feel empowered and to like all the women that were there, all the like the young people that were there were all talking like when's your time to walk?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what are you wear? And like everyone was just coming together and making friends. So they're all in it together. Yeah, And it's beautiful to give people the opportunity to feel good and seen and photographed and have the opportunity to live your dream on a high in high end experience your family and friends to be able to come see you. It just it was really beautiful. And even like the designers were bombed, you know, like up and coming designers that you may not have like seen. There was a few that I that I need to go revisit. I took picture. Is something frozen free?
Speaker 3: Yea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something free? Yeah? Oh god, I'm high right now.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna leave them in the episode description because there were some really dope designers there were from that show, and it was just what's the name Benjamin, what's the guy's name?
Speaker 2: Benjamin was there? He was like model the guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah about the red carpet, I know, our first red carpet and we were high so awome, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I was so fucking uncomfortable. I just looked at all the footage. I was like, please don't and I could see us like like walk stop, walk, smile or like didn't they ask us questions?
Speaker 1: Bitch?
Speaker 2: I was like wow. And then as soon as we fucking got out, she was like, do we need media training? Bitch? I was like yep. We were struggling. They were like, what is your fashion style? I was like, I just like addressed how I feel. And I was like what is my fashion?
Speaker 1: Like what are you wearing? And I was like, well, I'm wearing Zara. But I was like, do I want to tell her I'm wearing Zara. I'm supposed be working something fancier. I don't know a fuck, Like I got these pants and some random store. This is a panga mall, Like these shoes I've had for four years.
Speaker 2: They have better, Like we're not we need to get more details, cacaline, like this is a festival designer. Yeah, that's what I wish i'd really know his name. I would have sounded so much. I was like, I have something. I was like trying. I was like, maybe I can help her. I was like, do you remember you have the same You have to do something from him too. I'm like look at the tag I don't know Afrikhaan. Yeah, and then I think I was like, this is the only one weekend. Then we went to we had dinner with our girl Dolly. We had I love that fucking restaurant, the Exchange. I like the Exchange and fucking Wooden Spoon. Oh Wooden spoone. Yeah, oh that didn't Me and Erica went to a party. We had the nerve to slide actually to a party, even though we had a huge deadline. We needed a break, Yeah, we needed a release. We went to a party. It was very gay party.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. They were fine, and we drank and I flirted and I was on the phone from the bathroom for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Are you yeah? I don't know if you remember that. What was I doing? Who knows? I was like, sure'll be fine here talking. I can't believe you left me for twenty minute. You were fine, And I said, I just noticed, like you did. Okay, Well, now she's pissed. Fuck you. We'd leave me at the party for the gay party for minute. I was like, she's up with her people. Yeah, I was flush. I'm going to go in the bathroom and flirt with my boo because I'm drunk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got there, and then we also went to another party. Actually it was like it was like church. We went to Trap Care Chrap Chap Karaoke, Trap Karaoke with hosted by.
Speaker 2: Mouse Jone, and that shit was dope. It is mouse Jones, right, Yeah, Okay, that shit was dope. It was really dope. That was my first time getting to go to one, and it did feel like church. I was like, oh my god, look at our people singing together. I love this here. Everyone was so into it.
Speaker 1: Everyone was like, it's another like community thing like and that's what the like the theme I feel like for me over the past obviously like yes, community is important, but I feel like seeing so many visual aspects of it over the last few months has really really made it me really understand how much we need each other. And I think also just the divisiveness of what we just went through, like it's also highlighting that for me and just how people en the in the I guess, like what's left over because there's people that are still like not that won't don't want to enjoy their life anymore. Like there there's people like there's been so many casualties of what has happened. But when you see these type of spaces, man, it was just like it just makes your soul smile.
Speaker 2: Like I looked out into the crowd and everybody was smiling. I was like, what this is fucking I know. I mean, like, first of all, music, like it's so crucial to our happiness. Community really is crucial to our like to our humanity and to like pleasure and the freedom to just be and be free and sing and dance and smile and laugh and be amongst people you don't know and make connections like that's what this shit is all about, you know, like exchange of energy, like good energy. So it was so dope. Like we left the fucking fashion show. We went to the Pull again, just sent in our book, went to a fucking fashion show, saw our friend kill it like hosts thousands of people in one day, thousands of people in one day, and then fucking go to fucking Mouse's shit. See him. I was like, never seen a fucking hip hop DJ conductor Nege Like he was like he I was like, what the fuck is he doing? He was like he did. Then he was like the crowd was saying to the DJ would go then he bring it back together. I was like, this nigg has been studying. Okay. It was beautiful to see and like the rules and the guidelines and just just love really and how people want to shine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really what I took from that day because like when I was at the Model Experience, I could just people can't you have to come make up ready, and there's so many activations, like you have a space where you could walk the runway, you have a space where you can take a photo shoot, you have like all these different places. So people come and you get to see their individual and what their representation of them shining looks like.
Speaker 2: And that's like what I love to see because I'm like, okay, they were shining.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I think I had a whole crystal fucking I don't know, veil over his body and shit, I was like.
Speaker 2: Okay, that looked for coach for sure. Right. There's a lot of books I need to get for Coachella. Yeah, So it was just it was a beautiful weekend and then I wanted to be a hoe, but I just we went home. I want, I was exhausted. I didn't knock the fuck out, and yeah, no, it's Monday.
Speaker 1: We're still going. And then we went to a soccer game and we were soccer moms back at it. That's how it goes.
Speaker 2: Balance, baby, its bad choices. Yeah. Shout out to the grandma's that were grandma's this whole day down. They held it down. They kept the kids for two days because it was physically impossible for us to mom. Nope, momming is hard. I was. There'd been no way we could have gotten everything done that we had to get done. There's just no fucking way. There's no way. No. I was. We were talking and I was like, you know, I can't feel like the heart. I like being a mom, it's so cool, cool, but like making her lunch every day. I was like, every day to think about the lunch and I have to take her. I was like, like, like fifteen years, I'm gonna have to take her to school and think of lunch. I was like, I don't really like that part. Oscar also didn't like the car seat, and She's like, yeah, you know, I also like entertaining them. I'm like right, I'm like then feeding them. And then she was just like yeah, it's just like the whole thing. I was like, oh shit, that is a lot of it entertaining. I really like when they sleep. I love when they sleep and they cuddle me. Yeah, like coming to like randomly tell me they love me. But me and me and Lena were coloring me this morning. It was raining. I was like, she's being calm, We're just coloring, and she's like, I love you. I was like, I love you too, and I was like, I love this part. This is the part that I at this point, this is the fun part, and like, chill the fuck out and you love me right, Oh my goodness. But no, I do love it. But sometimes I realize you have to to be able to do all the things. There are places that sacrifice. And I think that our kids know that we're grinding right now. I really know our kids know we're working hard. And I think they're gonna continue to understand that and not that they're always is going to be the part that we sacrifice, No, of course, but like you know, this weekend is one of those fucking weekends.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a sacrifice. They have grandparents need to see them, Okay, you need for time. You need to see this person that I made from you. You are the ancestor. Okay, go be with the grand baby.
Speaker 2: Honest to god, the fuck right, my mom be. Actually like these new school grandmas, the new school grandmas, they don't really make the grandma's the same, so they're not getting a baby. This is the thing. They might nag you out, but just your baby, the new school grandma's.
Speaker 1: My grandma, I told you, came every weekend, my whole motherfucking life. Drove from like Orange County, which was over an hour away, never missed a weekend, never ever, ever, And I thought to myself recently, well, I was just chilling with her because I loved her so much.
Speaker 2: Where the fuck my mom was doing her shit? Where the fuck was my mom during that time? She was for sure doing hoh shit. She was out and I didn't know because I was a kid. She was going to dinner with her friend. She will be right back. She was working, you know, like what the fuck? She was not doing any of those things. Mom, I know you weren't. Where were you? Where were you?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like at all I didn't even notice because I just loved my grandma so much and she was coming every weekend.
Speaker 2: But they don't make the Grandma's like that, No, Moore.
Speaker 1: The grandmas are like two days in They're like, hello, yeah, well what time you said you'd be here?
Speaker 2: But literally we called. Both of our moms were like hello, they were so excited. I was like, hello, I don't if I have to get up, do I have to want me to get that? Yeah, I'm just I'm just like I'm you know, I'm over sixty now, so just saying like, wow, you really make me do this with your kid. I'm like, okay, well what are you doing. You're writing a book, give a conference. Okay, well you're sure you're just not gonna mom, so you fuck your daughter? Huh so you just can't do it all? Okay, Wow, you didn't really schedule for this properly. You're responsible in my day. Oh, welcome to motherhood. Huh you see what I've been doing all these years? That's my mom. I'm like okay, Like they never had help, Like my grandma didn't come every fucking weekend my whole life, and then she couldn't come. My grandma father was there. My mom was good, she was set. She had the grandparents on Locke for sure, and she was working her ass off. So she needed it. But yeah, they're just it's just a different also, yeah, it's just a different time. I'll we figured it out. Yeah, and shout out to the grandparents and amen, we love you because and shut out, you know, just shout out to the co parenting and the village. Because we're going to Atlanta, going to Coachella. We're also going to Atlanta where it's also work. We're working. We are and that's what's so weird though.
Speaker 1: So I think that's where the guilt comes from, because our work is not like it brings us joy.
Speaker 2: It makes me happy and it looks fun. So then people get confused, They're like, they're not working. I'm like, bitch, Yes i am. I was on the Turk contest. I I had to. It was a networking event.
Speaker 1: I mean I had to be there anyway, so I might as well have T worked. I mean, I should limit my tworking because I'm working. It's a part of don't work.
Speaker 2: I'm talking while I'm working. Sure, talking while you're working? To Wednesday, Yes, I think it is. Let me write that down. Where's my phone? Fuck? Tworking while you're working? What's the while you work? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Got work and talk and work talk talk talk, work work. Oh my god, I fucking love beingang twins or they Okay, I think we should play.
Speaker 2: The song right there, because you know what.
Speaker 1: I was going by that JJ insert what's the way I was going back and listening to our old episodes. If you guys have time, if you're just starting here, I encourage you to go back, go way, way, way back, because there was a time where we would open up all of our episodes with music and it was highly curated. It was beautiful, and I'm very upset.
Speaker 2: That we can no longer do this. We don't speak of those times. Dear, we don't know what. I don't know what you're talking about. Okay, never mind, don't don't do it. I don't know that you can go listen, but we don't have no idea about those. They're done. Get a sued, but it's three anyway. But yeah, if you're in Atlanta, hit us up. We will be there for the world.
Speaker 1: We'll be there wrapping Talia at the Natural World Hair EXPA at the Atlantic Convention Center.
Speaker 2: Ooh, the twenty My afro is gonna be so motherfucking wow. I guess I have braids are really make it. Yeah, bitch, Wow, what do you do about that? Natural wear? My puppy, hold me down? That just what the fuck are you talking about? Okay? Wow, how black women? You have said it. I'm just not suying to We're not like you're adding to my guilt. Okay, I'm sorry. It's beautiful. Shave your head whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I have to get I think you look really good with a shaved head and bleached it like Misha style.
Speaker 2: It would be so sexy.
Speaker 1: My head's really small, I know, but it was still cute. What if it was like blonde and like or like purple, like a dark purple dark blue?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, yeah, I see it, dark blue. We're not going to number that. I don't know if I'm met it that edgy, I don't know. I think you could be convinced. I've had short blonde hair. It was yellow. It was in college. It was it probably wasn't.
Speaker 1: You're in college. You don't know what the fuck you're doing. It was you need to go get it done blonde.
Speaker 2: It was intense, and I promise never to go back there, even though cousin Chris has asked me many times, maybe don't do blonde he has mentioned that in my presence.
Speaker 1: Actually it gives him life. Okay, you should maybe not do blonde because that's a lot of work. Maybe if you die, like diet another color, it's like less abrasive, and so then it's more.
Speaker 2: You can like work with it more. Anyway, you're beautiful either way, thank you. I guess I'm getting braids for sure. By the time we go to Atlanta, else I'm gonna be shunned as a natural hair excellent. Oh then I'm going to New Orleans with my boo. I really want to run into this couple that I've talked about a lot. I know this is Stockrish, but I don't care. I want to know them. I'm too weak to pull up in their DMCA. I don't really how to approach them.
Speaker 1: Why that's where you're supposed to do it, not on the podcast, bitch, you didn't start in the DMS.
Speaker 2: You just went straight here. What the fun? I was just gonna say, if anybody knows them that I'm in town, you should just message you DM everyone else we're dm sliders. They just had a baby.
Speaker 1: I don't really have to say, but I guess I'm gonna think of something and hey, I love your energy.
Speaker 2: Where are you Hey, I'm coming to your city soon. I like you, I said to I said, get a service, something to offer services. Oh yeah, maybe, Okay, that's a good idea. I sent Orlando a DM with with them minute. I was like, I start stalking. I want to swing with them, and then I swing. Oh are you fucking from nineteen ninety four? The fuck? Oh my gosh, I know, but it did.
Speaker 1: The way he said it reminded me of like my parents, how they might talk about it. But I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. And then right after I wrote that, I was like, I've never said that sentence exactly what. I can't even take myself serious. But it's something good at the time. That's what it means. I know what the fucking means. So what's what's the newer school way to say it?
Speaker 1: I want to fuck them, I want them, Let's have them, Okay, I should have fun with them. No, if aren't they fine, let's swing, let's swing off the trees.
Speaker 2: Swing baby.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Orlando's kind of like dump nineteen ninety four, So it makes sense. You guys are like the perfect ninety four couple.
Speaker 2: You can see it him.
Speaker 1: It as crop tops, you and your booty shorts talking about swinging.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was I'm so guilty and a shamed. I was watching fucking Zeus Network last night. First, I was watching Jossone's Cabaret because I haven't seen it in two seasons. I really need to go back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think I watched this last one with Sebastian and it was they were at that house.
Speaker 2: I need to go back in the beginning. It's really like the going back to the girl had reality. Wait did she have an abortion? Like? What was she shaming her for having abortion of twins? I saw that. I saw the Yes, that was a lot. She said double wash it almost passed out and not double homicide. Double Oh god. I'm like, oh, so, then there's Bad Boys Club that's on now, which is absolutely ridiculous. And I was on the phone the land. He's like, should I be on Bad Boys Club? I said absolutely not. That's why I drawed the line I would never claim you. I would it would not claim you. I wouldn't be done. And I was like, what the fuck are you talking about. I was like, I said, when you come to l A. We're gonna have some We're gonna do some l A training said yeah, okay, He's like, what are you talking about? I was like, I'll give you more details when you arrive.
Speaker 1: Am I Liberary Awards of a list of things of never to say in public? So you see this, don't get excited, don't do this. Look very serious. Let me see the l A face look very serious. Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm really aloof. I don't care. Yeah, oh really? Oh yeah, I know her to Oh what's your name? I I saw you five times, but I don't forgot. I'm gonna I don't know you. Oh oh yeah, it's friend. What do you do you? Oh that's I don't know her. No, you know who that I know? No, I don't think i've met you. Oh my god, you know him? Oh my god, his famous I Oh my god, I fucking love you, fucking love you. You know him, and now I want to know him. Oh my god, you're that outfit's so cute, looks so good on you. Oh my god, you're so young. I didn't know you're thirty. Oh my god, I thought you were young. Give me follow right now, push your instant. Oh my god, I speaking of this, I mean this. I met this bitch at a dance class and she asked for my instant and then like I found out she did my other friend, which was fine, but then she was like messaging me and I was messaging her back, but she's like, I'm sorry, I'm working right now. I was like, bitch, I'm busy. Wait wait she.
Speaker 1: Paused the combo an instant because she was working and she felt like but she was like, I was like, you know what, like you were talking too much.
Speaker 2: You were talking about text like I texted like fux. But I was like, bitch, I'm working too. Like, bitch, your messaging. I was like, this is whine. This is my need to stop making friends because I don't have time. I just liked it. Bitch. I was like, I'm not even me too, So am I super busy? T T T T y up? The fuck? Oh my god, l A, that is a very light Sorry, I'm sorry, I'm working right now. I'm calling after this conference call.
Speaker 1: Everybody's working, but nobody's work, nobody's everyone's available, but no one's everybody's but.
Speaker 2: They're working so hard. Us included. Yeah, that's every time I like wake up and I'm in my deep la lifestyle. I'm like, I love it here. This pulls sex, the Intercontinental pull downtown not good, not not what does it would recommend?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Not what does the mean? Girls saying not clutch, not clut, not fat.
Speaker 1: That pool was very sterile. It was not sterile environment. The free hand was dope. The free hand was really cute. That pool was fucking freezing though only white people were getting in that pool.
Speaker 2: I kept the injury low.
Speaker 1: Were like literally like there all day and I was like, do you notice how there's only white people in this pool.
Speaker 2: It's very cold. They don't give a fuck. We put our toe in. There was fucking freezing. Finally someone jumped in. Wait what did you say. He's like, oh, don't know. She's I was like, is he black. She's like he's mixed it, like that's his white side and his white side was the pool. It's for real. It was really cold. But what cars did we pull? My love? Is it Tarot time? It's Terra time. Going to our favorite Tero site.
Speaker 1: Ta get more bitty betyma a baity beat beat beat beaty bitty bumba email them. Hey, by the way, We've been using your site for four years.
Speaker 2: Upright, it means intuition, sacred knowledge. What was the card? This is I pulled too? This is the High Priestess I've been pulling too lately.
Speaker 1: Privately, Okay, thanks for letting me in on your little fucking weird taran secret.
Speaker 2: I'm too high for that, okay. The High Priestess card, intuition, sacred knowledge define feminine the subconscious mind. While the magician is the guardian of the conscious mind and the tangible world, the High Priestess is the guardian of the subconscious mind and the teacher of the sacred knowledge and hidden mysteries. Sitting at the threshold of the conscious and subconscious mind, the High Priestess has an innate ability to travel between these realms effortlessly. She teaches you that the world is not always as it seems, and more profound influences are often at play. She ushers you through the thin veil of awareness, offering you a deep, intuitive understanding of the universe and a heightened awareness of secret and hidden information. She signifies spiritual enlightenment and inner elimination, divine knowledge and wisdom. She shows up in your chail readings when the veil between you and the underworld is thin and you have the opportunity to access the knowledge deep within your soul. Now is the time to be still so you can tune into your intuition. The answers you're seeking will come from within, from the deepest truth and knowing. Allow the High Priests to become your guide as you venture deep into your subconscious mind and access your inner wisdoms. Okay, so I think I think I pulled that one, right. I think you pulled the Impress. Okay, that was a high priesist. This was high priests. Okay, okay, let me show it now. I pulled the Empress. Look very powerful, both cards, So that's what I was interested to. Both women sitting on thrones. So I'm like, oh, yeah, are we on fire? We're on fucking thrones. Do we need to get throne cheers? Maybe? Oh my god, I need to replace these. Why don't we ever use those big wooden ones only one? That's why there's two of them, they'd be too big. Oh my god, those look like royalty though. Could we buy those off your mom? Felici? We don't hold these right, quier? Okay? The Impress. The Impress signifies a strong connection with with our femininity. Feminity translates in many ways elegant sensuality, fertility, creativity, expression, nurturing, and is necessary for creating balance in both men and women. The Impress calls on you to connect with your feminine energy. Create beauty in your life. Connect with your senses through taste, touch, sound, smell, in sight. Draw on these senses to experience pleasure and deep fulfillment. Treat yourself to a day spa, learn massage, enjoy a fine restaurant, or spend more time with your partner. Discover different approaches to expressing yourself creatively, be it through painting, music, drama, or other art forms. This may be the perfect chance to take up a new hobby that enables you to access this part of yourself. It signifies abundance. You're surrounded by life's pleasures and luxuries and have everything you need to live a comfortable lifestyle. You're in a period of growth in which all you have dreamed is now coming to fruition. When the Impress appears in your chail reading, take a moment to reflect on the bounty that surrounds you and offer gratitude for all you have created, so you can continue to build on this energy and create even more abundance in your life. Oooh yeah boom. So basically it's a.
Speaker 3: Payin off bach the cars say bow bow bow bow bow boo getting paid bow spear savvy get paid bage and with money, shit can't go wrong here.
Speaker 2: I need the money of the spirits and of the real coins. I believe that. I believe that. And over the weekend we had two really strong cards and pinnacles too, which is like the money cards, and they were abundant, and I'm feeling I'm feeling like all the things are on the way. Do you have an affirmation for us my lives? Do I have an affirmation? Let's think everything is always as it should be, Everything is always as it should be. Yes, that's my affirmation. I believe that everything happens for a reason, even when I'm confused.
Speaker 1: As fuck's that's at least that's my hope that I'm trying to believe. Yeah, but I feel more, I feel more like I am in that space in my life though, I feel more like unstoppable and the and like I don't feel the me even this actually this weekend, I had this moment where I felt jealousy about like one of my peers, and I had to check myself.
Speaker 2: And be like, bitch, that doesn't take anything away from you. Stop. Everything is as it should be. Girl, You're good. This is You're on your own fucking path.
Speaker 1: And the amount of signs that I've had to attest to that, like I'm like, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I know that. I know that, Like, no, congratulations, that's amazing. I know she's like i'mnauseous. I'm like, it's fine, girl, that'shus our shit, Like I'm not tripping. I we have a big week, my love, and we have like a lot of conversations happening all the time, and so you know, there's just endless opportunities. Oh for sure, I know that. That's why to check myself.
Speaker 1: But because I genuinely know that, But it's like sometimes you do you go and I don't know, like you have to. I feel like me, maybe I haven't always known that. Sometimes I have to, like I go back to like former version of the lower vibrational version of myself when it comes to those things.
Speaker 2: Well, no one's like great overnight, like this is all we have like, but is it visceral responses? You know, things like but it's just it was just like the moments after that you're allowed to feel those ways, and then you give yourself the opportunity to, you know, like evaluate the feelings and what you're saying and why you're saying it, and then rationalize your feelings and not even rationalize them, but feel them and then release them because they're not real. Sometimes well, and I.
Speaker 1: Think people have the feelings, they just don't say them out loud. And I'm just saying it out loud, like just like I've said out loud to you. Like there's been moments where I felt jealous. There's been moments where I felt like less than There's been moments where like, these are not popular things you ever want to share with your friends because it makes you look like a.
Speaker 2: Hater or like weak. But we're human, you know, And in that moment, I felt very human.
Speaker 1: And I had to check myself and say, no, this is that's not actually human, that's not actually the human you are.
Speaker 2: But that's also like the you know, when you feel away, I can't remind you like we got this, we're good. And when I'm feeling away. You're like, we got this. Just talk, bitch, we talk. You could do this, Yeah, because I needed pep talks, you know, like, I appreciate our partnership for that reason, even if we do suffer from intense separation. Exciting, but I feel good. I feel happy, I feel super high, and I feel like I'm talking in that high voice and I are. I'm like, okay, well, I know everyone's gonna Orlando's gonna talk shit to me, but now I hear it after nine o'clock and it's the wave you gotta shout out baby Hello. Yeah, I just wait, what was the episode of We're Like, We're tending we were each other? Is that last week? LaToya?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I forgot about Yeah. I can't wait to hear that Indica. Well, anyway, y'all, y'all know where to find us. Make sure you like, subscribe if you're listening. If you're on Spotify, please like this episode. If you're on Apple, please like and make sure that you leave us a review. Help black podcasters get beat the black ass racism of algorithms on Apple podcast. Make sure you check out our retreat in Costa Rica this summer. We have two retreats, one happening July thirty first, the next is on August tenth. It's an amazing retreat. It's life changing, it's so crucial. Don't question it. Go on our website and just watch the video.
Speaker 2: Just watch the video.
Speaker 1: If you watch the video, you will understand what I'm talking about. Don't even take my word for it.
Speaker 2: Just go watch the fucking video.
Speaker 1: So go to Good Momsbad Choices dot com backslash Retreats. I have everything here in the episode description.
Speaker 2: Follow us on.
Speaker 1: Patreon for bonus content and bonus episodes, and you can join our slack group there. There's a lot of women over there. Join our close friends because we be turned up in the close friends.
Speaker 2: And that's it. That's it. Catch you next week. Bye,