Speaker 1: The time is come, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Invest Fest. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Invest Best twenty twenty three is here.
Speaker 2: August twenty fifth, twenty six, and twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia. We are taking into a new level, bigger than ever. This year we're gonna do twenty thousand people in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: I want you to do yourself a favor. Head over to investmst dot com right now.
Speaker 2: We will have activations for on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, three days, musical performances, billionaires. Everything is going to be a completely life changing experience. Vendor, marketplace, food, truck village.
Speaker 3: You know how we do.
Speaker 1: Don't wait, don't hesitate that over now.
Speaker 2: If you can pay rent, you can pay a mortgage because most of the time the rent is higher.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem that stops people from buying a home is a down payment. So the dollars, you know that, but it's like the down payment. So it's like if you're living in the Bronx, you might be paying nineteen hundred dollars a month for a one bedroom and not a great neighborhood. Yep, you can, you can.
Speaker 3: You can go by care forty in that same neighborhood.
Speaker 2: What'll stopping you fifty thousand dollars sixty thousand down payment. So that's what stops a lot of people from ever buying a home, and they just stay on the on the rent path. Rent comment to this is something that people don't fully understand. Rent's not cheap.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop b drop.
Speaker 3: Mike, drop back drop drop.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, welcome back, eyl. We back back in the lab. So this is gonna be one of those episodes that people love from us from the beginning. You know, it's great. We've been all around the world. We've been talking to billionaires and you know, having high level conversation stuff like that. But the most useful information has always been the practical day to day stuff that the everyday person can go out tomorrow and execute in their real life. Whether it's how to open how to open a brokera account, to buy stocks, how to start a five to twenty nine plan, to save money for your kid, how to you know, get a mobile home, how to get a vending machine. All of those type of niche niche episodes have always done well. So we talk about real estate so much. We talk about real estate a lot, but this is a topic that we really haven't talked about in depth. So there's a KNAKA program in a c A knacka.
Speaker 1: Nonprofit community advocacy and home ownership organization for those.
Speaker 2: Not KNAKA is a program that allows first time home buyers to get a home. And there's a lot of benefits as far as the down payment. There is no down payment.
Speaker 1: Right there, that's one of the benefits.
Speaker 2: There's a variety of difference. What's some of the benefits.
Speaker 1: So we got no down payment, credit score can be as low as six twenty, closing costs none.
Speaker 4: You get the lowest interest rate in the country, regardless of your credit score, with the option to buy it down lower.
Speaker 1: I mean those benefits right there charge a lot a lot. Yeah, this is one of those information on us. Application will be on.
Speaker 2: So KNAKA is a program that allows you to buy a home the lowest cost possible. Let's just say that. And uh, traveling around, we always meet great people. So we met I'm not showing we met a while ago.
Speaker 3: We met in Atlanta the first time.
Speaker 4: That was the first time I met y'all at MGHTS and Gyms episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, my guy in the room with y'all.
Speaker 4: We did a club house before together and then I met y'all again when y'all came to Chicago and me and you got to spend some time on the boat and that was that was the boat.
Speaker 3: On the river.
Speaker 2: That was a nice nice pulled up to the steakhouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, the boat Chicago twist, and I know I hear about Chicago, but yeah, we kicked it like real players when y'all came fire.
Speaker 1: That was definitely a moment.
Speaker 2: Shout out to we coming back to Chicago for market Monday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I can't wait for that. I saw y'all in the world too, the one.
Speaker 1: To be one of the ones very intentionally to chow Chicago as.
Speaker 2: They So yeah, so we met Dre. So Dre has become the online leader when it comes to speaking about NAKA from firsthand experience. And this is why I like to interview people like this as well, because it's one thing to have somebody from the program speak about it, but it's always beneficial from somebody that actually just went through the program himself and had success. So he actually went through the program, has success with the program, and now he's an advocate for the program, and you know, he teaches people and provides information about best practices on how you can utilize the program so you can become a homeowner. So yeah, first he had experience. Is not like something somebody like, you know, teaching out of a textbook. It's like the real life. This is what I did. There's some mistakes that I made. This is things that I did that you know, you should learn about, and it's something that you know a lot of people have been able to gain help from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those things. And like if you've been in the real estate space, a lot of loan officers don't know as much information as the people who are actually going through it. So in order to you know, understand it, going through the trials is part of it. So I'm sure that you're educating loan offices and people progress.
Speaker 4: Agents because everybody, because it's a man a program, is so little known and I feel like a program like this will just be known across the nation, just like by everybody. But now is also a non for profit, so they don't do any marketing. That's why they have a clause in their program that once you go through the program, you know what I mean, you kind of got to advocate for the program because they don't have marketing dollars, so you have to go out and tell people about the program.
Speaker 3: And at this point, I've become.
Speaker 4: Like their biggest You're doing your due diligence way more than my due diligence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, first and foremost, thank you for joining us, and I appreciate you all having me on. Y'all know this honor. I tell people all the time, like, man.
Speaker 4: These brothers interview billionaires on the regular and I'm just a south Side kid from Chicago to projects and here I am.
Speaker 3: Man, look at.
Speaker 1: God crazy, Yes, eyl, He's worthy of all things.
Speaker 2: Yes. So all right, so let's get into this. Where does this all start? You from Chicago, right, used to play basketball?
Speaker 4: So no, I didn't play basketball, just hung around about my friends there. So I'm from the South Side, Cargo to Ida b Wells projects. I didn't grow up with any financial literacy, man EBT, Section eight, government assistant everything. In the late eighties and early nineties, my projects, just like probably a lot of everybody's projects, were hit extremely hard by the drug epidemic. My mom and dad were affected by that. I ended up being adopted into my own family by my aunt. Thank god, I didn't have to go through the system or any of that kind of stuff. So I moved out to the suburb called Maywood, and there I went to a high school called Proviso East High School, and Proviso East is essentially a basketball factory. Michael Finley, Doc River, Steve Hunter, Shannon Brown, d Brown, Sterling Brown is just like an unlimited amount of NBA players that come out of this school. Just even now, we still got a bunch of players in the league.
Speaker 3: And me moving out there.
Speaker 4: I went to this school and I used to rap, and you know, sports in rap go hand in hand. And I was just like, you know, this dude went around the school battling everybody, beating everybody in rap battles and all that. And of course to start basketball players, it's like, yo, what's good, bro, We love what you're doing or whatever. So we would link up, you know, I pick up games and all that. But I realized I wasn't nowhere near as good as these guys like they like, you know, like they got Coach k and Tom Izzo come in the city, stands to watch them. Like, mind you, d you went to University of Illinois and Shannel went to Michigan State, Bill self and Tom Izzo, two of the greatest college.
Speaker 3: Coaches ever, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So these were like people that were coming to my school, and like I got exposed early, mind you ding Shannon with both all Americans too, So like we would hang out with people like Lebron James before Lebron was Lebron, Like we'd be playing Madden and Shannon crib and stuff like that. So I got exposure really really early to a lot.
Speaker 3: Of dope stuff. Even though my mindset wasn't quite there.
Speaker 4: God started showing me a lot really really early, Like yo, Like, I'm putting you in these rooms and around these specific people for specific reasons, and I need you to know, regardless of what your circumstances are or where you're from, you wanted them dudes, And I didn't realize that for a very very long time. And those relationships kind of cultivated that mindset for me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So at what point do you get into real estate? What point do you even have the aspiration to buy a home, Because, like you said, a lot of times people come from an environment where buying a home it's not even something that's even a goal for.
Speaker 3: Them, wasn't a goal at all.
Speaker 4: So initially, like I said, I was chasing rap like I was trying to do music. So one of my other homies, Coachline on the Beat, he's a producer. He sold over forty million records worldwide. Yeah, Rihanna, Burt Thay Cake as Big Sean Anaconda, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, He's done so many records.
Speaker 3: And he was and he was my producer.
Speaker 4: And I'm meeting with labels, I'm opening up shows for Fat Joe, Young Jock when he popping, you know what I'm saying, sitting next to jay Z and Beyonce at the Final four games. And when I tell y'all, this shit would not break for me, like nobody would sign me, Like it just would not happen for whatever the reason. So after a while I realized, bro like your life is a facade, Like you're not who you say you are. You're not this imagery putting out there. You're doing music videos, you hanging out with millionaires, which is cool, but you dead as broke though, Like you got eviction notices on your door, you have children that you're not taking care of all of these things. So I have to really have a like you know, sitting down with myself and just be like all right, like you gotta do something different. So I stepped away from music, and I wouldn't have got me a job at a telemarketing company.
Speaker 3: Bro Like just like the worst of the worst.
Speaker 4: I'm calling people like putting him in schools like the Ride University, like Everest, Like you know what I'm saying, I'm really selling this ship though, like mind you, Like I'm like I'm in the office killing like top salesmen everything whole time. I'm knowing I'm just ruining people's lives, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it's a job. It's pays.
Speaker 1: What's that what's that experience? Like though? Right like to like I'm saying the story.
Speaker 3: I'm just.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: I go from here and to look, it was a time where I was I was like, I mean Kobe Bryant Shanna play for the Lakers one back to back championship with Kobe Mary Monica, Like I'm a part of all of.
Speaker 3: This kind of shit.
Speaker 4: I go from here to here, like and I'm just in this cubicle life, like.
Speaker 3: What is happening in my life right now? Mind you?
Speaker 4: Like I'm around people that are just getting out of jail, like you know what I'm saying, women that got you know, three four kids like people like that. I grew up around Section e EBT and I don't judge any of this, but this is just not the mindset that I had and to trying to get sucked back into this environment after like coming out of this environment.
Speaker 3: It's like, like what is going on in my life right now?
Speaker 4: So I had to like really just like you know, come down, get off my hot horse, and be like, God, what are you trying to do for me? And it was just he's trying to teach me a lesson, Like bro, like you not doing what I called you to do, Like you know what I'm saying, Like all of this is cool, it sound cool, but this ain't for you. And once I realized that, I googled. I started googling how do regular nine to fiver s get rich? This is my first Google search cause I'm just like I can't give up on my dream of getting wealthy because I felt like sports and entertainment were it for me? Coming from the hood, that's all we know, that's all we exposed to, right, And I'm seeing my friends make it. I'm seeing my homimaker and music. I'm like, yo, this this is my move. But it's just like, no, this ain't for you, right. And I kept on coming across real estate in the stock market on my Google searches, I came across the book RICHI Dad, Poor Dad.
Speaker 3: It was on say Amazon, like four ninety nine. Just it ain't gonna hurt me. Let me just buy this book. The book came the next day. When I tell y'all, I sat in my cubicle.
Speaker 4: I was so locked in because this book just started feeding me so much valuable information that I needed, and I'm like, Yo, this is what I'm missing this whole time. Like a light bulb went off on my head, like assets, reliabilities, you know what I mean, taking ownership for your own, not letting nobody boss you around like not as all of these things. I'm like, Yo, this whole time, I've been waiting on other people to do for me when I need to be trying to do for myself. These relationships have crippled me because I'm looking for my homies to put me in position. I'm looking for my homies to invest in me. I'm looking for my homies to speak for me. And even though they did, that just wasn't in God's plans, which is why it didn't work out. Like you can have the most biggest and the best speaking in vouching for you, if it's not in God's plans, it won't ever work.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 4: There are times where you can do absolutely everything right and it still won't work out for you.
Speaker 3: And what do you do then?
Speaker 4: And that was my situation because I did everything right. I was man going to radio, like you know what I'm saying, paying DJ, do everything that you could possibly do to be successful in the music industry. Man going to the studio, mixing and mastering my records like you know what I mean, really putting time, energy and money into this, and it just never worked out.
Speaker 3: And that book was just kind of.
Speaker 4: Like just just like a mind explosion just went off, like Yo, this is it. So immediately I started saving all of my checks. After that book, I read Money Master the Game by Tony Robbers. Ian speak on that book highly heavily. I do too, cause it like, I say, that really got my mind right as far as money, Richard dat Porte got my mindset right.
Speaker 3: But money master the game.
Speaker 4: It was just like all right, man, vang art this put your money over here, do this save you know these many baskets. And it was just like what So immediately man started doing full one K because they match.
Speaker 3: Start saving all my bread, stop buying mic start eating noodles every day.
Speaker 4: Like bro, like I really just locked in and just like sacrifice, stop going outside all the time. Job offering overtime to people who were hitting their bonus. I was a top producer in the job. I started working fifty sixty hours a week. After about a year, I realized, Bro, you got like ten grands saved up. You go buy your house. So I call a mente, my mentor mind a big sister, Keyoko. I met her through shunning relationships. You always speak about relationships with Shah, and my relationships that I have through my friends who played in the NBA have been extremely valuable.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I call her she's a broker.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, Key, I'm ready about how She's like, yeah, that sound cool or whatever, But you really need to consider getting you a multi unit. You know what I mean, because in your situation, you don't want to end up stuck having to pay a mortgage and then you stuck at that job that you really don't like. You use that as a stepping stone to go get you a multi unit. To qualify for your multi unit, and you go through this program called nack A Neighborhood Assistance Corporations of America. They got no money down, no coldes and costs, no agent nor attorney fees, dre you off, the lowest interest rate in the country, with the option to buy down lower, all these different things.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you lie. She's like, no, I'm not. What have I ever lied to you? I'm like, no, you haven't. And uh. From there I went and deal, she said, and just life life.
Speaker 1: Now you're spokesperson.
Speaker 2: So let's start at the beginning with NAKA. So I first been introduced to NAKO in my sister was actually going through the program with her late husband at the time, and there was like a seminar that they had to go through, and I was learning I had never heard about the program before that they didn't actually go always through with the program, which I find a lot of people don't. The retention is so a lot of people have criticized NACA because they're like, it's a lot that you got to go through. It's very strenuous. So what's the first step in the KNACKER process.
Speaker 3: Like you said, going to that meeting.
Speaker 2: It's about three or four hours and that's all over the country, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they pretty much break down everything, all of the benefits of the program, the things that you have to do, the rules for the program, things you can't do to the program. And yeah, from there, you know, you sign up and let them know what date you want to meet with a mortgage counselor it could be up to two years out, it could be up to two weeks out, but you put whatever date when you're comfortable. I tell people all the time, don't go into you're ready. You know what I'm saying, Don't go into your like all the way ready, don't go just trying to see what they gonna say and all that, like you know, test the program, Like, no, go when you're ready, when you know you have your documentation order, you got your two years work history and order, you got your two years tax history and audio bank statements order like these are things that all lenders require, not just NAKA. So it's like you shouldn't be going to a lender any unless you have this stuff in order anyway. But NACA is just extra strict about their documentation because essentially, you're going to these people asking them for hundreds of thousands of dollars for absolutely nothing. Your credit ain't shit, you ain't really shit, like you know what I'm saying, like most of the time for real time, like, but these people are still willing to give you a chance. Most lenders, when you go to them in that situation, what they're doing they're closing, doing your face and giving you a decline letter NAKA.
Speaker 3: They're gonna give you a checklist of things to do until you to come back.
Speaker 4: When you have those things done, your ID with them is still gonna be intacked, your foul with them still gonna be attack. You're gonna be able to update documents and send stuff in, but they're just not going to qualify you for a.
Speaker 3: Loan until you get things marked off that checklist.
Speaker 1: So it's a pretty strenuous checklist. So it's not IT'SANUD, That's what I'm saying. Like people, most people with the common misconception. It's like yo, I've seen people say yo, I tried twice and I just can't get through it. What is it? Is it the fact that they don't have that profile that you just spoke about intact, or like, what is the thing that is blocking people?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 4: A lot of times it was my own fault. I was getting in my own way, Like so just my mentality, you know what I mean. So I'm you know, pointing a finger at them. Like a lot of times they'll be like, man, send us this document.
Speaker 3: Or can you resend this?
Speaker 4: And I would get mad and frustrated and want to go back and forth and say of just sending the document, like you know what I mean, So what if you got to send it twice? Like it's just stuff, get lost, stuff, get caught up in you know what I'm saying? Things like that, And then too a lot of times people get really frustrated because what they don't understand is KNAKA is extremely understaffed. They're non for profit, they're understaffed, and they're overworked. And then you got a person like me out here screaming from the mountaintops on eyl where there's millions of people following, Hey y'all, y'all can go get y'all MAULTI unit with the knack of program So now there's this rush of people going to the knack of programming.
Speaker 3: Now they're even more overwork than more overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: So it's like there has to be a level of patience and understanding when you're taking advantage of a program like this and just really getting like, all right, cool, I know if I exercise patients at the end of all of this, there won't be anything better out there for me. So I made a real the other day that said, I compare Naka to Tom Brady and Jordan. They're not the biggest, they're not the strongest, they're not the fastest, but they're the best in the clutch when it comes to the closing table. When you look at those numbers, they're gonna deliver every single time in the championship.
Speaker 1: The inspiration from others drives us forward. Their resilience pushes us to excel, and their path navigates the way towards freedom. Ford is proud to celebrate Black History, not just this month, but year round. They're committed to being the fuel for change supporting Ford Fund program centered around economic, educational, and empowerment opportunities for our communities to continue creating the future. Learn more at fordfund dot org. Build Ford Proud.
Speaker 4: Like you won't find anybody better. You won't find just you won't find better numbers ever. And it's the same thing like I say with Brady and Jordan, know they not the most anything, but.
Speaker 3: They just the best and they delivering a clutch when it's time too.
Speaker 2: So the steps all right, so you gotta go to the seminar. Yep, that's like an all day thing, three four hours and they edited what do they teach you on the seminar?
Speaker 4: They don't teach you anything. They just tell you about the program, you know, like the benefits of the program, like I say, the rules and different things like that. Naka doesn't teach you real estate, so like if you don't know real estate, you probably have to go learn real.
Speaker 3: Estate and then go through the program.
Speaker 4: Because I tell people this all the time, no matter what program you're going through, if you're going to buy property, have some knowledge because if you don't, you're at that point leaving your agent, your whoever to kind of like hijack your deal and lead you wherever it is you want to go, as opposed to you quarterback in your own deal. So have some knowledge and some information on this stuff. So when you go in, you can kind of tell your agent, hey, look, I'm looking for a multi unit property undervalue that has people living in and already cash flow. You can tell the lender, hey, look i'm qualifying. I'm going to apply for a multi unit property, So don't just qualify me based on my income. I'll let you know how much the income the building is generating.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Like, you work with these.
Speaker 4: People and tell them what it is that you're looking for so they can put the play together for you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But if you don't know anything and you're just depending on these people to do the work for you, you're not going to get anything done because that's not their job.
Speaker 1: So that that's one of the things, right, So you have to have to do your due diligence before you go in anything, and you have to have your profile ready before you go.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to just ask what the profile? So all right, so you go through the seminar two hours, then you meet with a counselor, and that's like an hour.
Speaker 4: And that's not the counselor meeting depends on you know, how much of your stuff you got together or not. So when you meet with your counsel that's on the thorough you know what I mean. Do diligence. Start with them.
Speaker 3: Background check, you know, bank statement check. Man, give us your two years tech history, give us your two years.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, work history, you know, just like give us your like history of like you know, where you've lived for the past ten years, like things like that that they ask you. And some people can get frustrated with it because a lot of times we tend to have the mindset of man, I don't want nobody in my business. But it's like, bro, like I said, you're going to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars from these people, Like it's the bank. You need to have a relationship with the bank. NAKA is funded by Bank of America, So it's no different than going to Bank of America, City bank whoever to go and get a loan. There are gonna be certain things that are required and if you're doing anything fraud or scammy or anything like that, of course you don't want nobody and your business. But if you legit man, get these people what they're asking for because they're essentially about to change your life.
Speaker 1: That person that you meet, let's say you've done those first two steps and you know you sick with that person. If that person stay with you through the process or you pass the person.
Speaker 4: Your mortgage counsel is with you throughout the whole process. That's who you work with. And if there's a time where you know you and your mortgage counselor not getting the loan, they may not be responsive enough. You can request to change your mortgage counselor like you have all of those different options to pretty much like I say, quarterback your own deal, which is what I did. And like I told y'all, it's not the easiest process because there are gonna be times where they may not get back to you. They may not call back. Like bro, I was pulling up to the office like you know what I'm saying, like what's up? Like I sent y'all my documents. I did everything that I'm supposed to do, Like now what's the next steps? And you know they would go review the five like you know what mister Ham, is you right, I'm sorry, let me go in and you know what I mean, push you through or whatever the case may be. But if you're not proactive in your own situation, nobody's gonna do it for you.
Speaker 3: And I think most times.
Speaker 4: People are used to or I don't know what they used to, because you can't be used to anything if you've never bought a property, so you don't even know the mortgage process.
Speaker 3: So for you to.
Speaker 4: Complain about somebody not reaching out to you or following up with you, that's not.
Speaker 3: Necessarily your job. It's your job to follow up.
Speaker 4: It's your job to send it in documentation, it's your job to go to the office, like with anything.
Speaker 3: That's what I learned, Like, man, I have to be the person.
Speaker 4: That's kind of like, you know, controlling a quarterback of my own situation.
Speaker 3: Otherwise people it's not important to us.
Speaker 2: And also it's like like you said, you don't even know if you haven't been through the process. And even on a higher level, So we we're building the homes and you know, these are million dollar houses, and we had to go through a bunch of red tape and send stuff and then the stuff they asked for the stuff that we just sent, and it's like it's a headache and it's a hassle, and it's like, you know, it's not the most efficient buying a home without the most efficient process. Period.
Speaker 3: I love that you just said that because people don't.
Speaker 4: People think it's just knacker, like everybody gonna ask you the double send documents, and it's not. This is the mortgage process, this is the home playing process. And y'all don't y'all ain't never bought shit, so you don't know. So you just complaining what you think you should be getting, just entitlement, be beating your ass whole time.
Speaker 3: Let's just call it what it is, beating.
Speaker 1: That's what we said. It's one thousand, right, that's the first part even getting a home. But now we, like I said, we're buildings, so now we're deale with permits, and that's a whole other process.
Speaker 4: You gotta go through inspections and stuff that might not approve certain stuff. It's just like, man, oh the time and a patience thing. And again, no, even in sports, you're when you're dealing with hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars, These things take time.
Speaker 3: These things take time.
Speaker 4: And most times when you hear, like I say, about somebody getting offered like a big contract, you hear about them turning the contract down or just not working out or the deal going bad.
Speaker 3: Like this is business. This is just how business works.
Speaker 4: Like I said, there are times when you can do everything right and stuff just still won't go your way, like it just and then what do you do? Like you have to get back on the ground. You gotta get back to it. You can't let it discourage you. And a lot of times people get emotional about these things. That's why you hear so much slander because like now you're mad, Oh Nakaa.
Speaker 3: Did this to you and not Couna did.
Speaker 4: That's no, you just quit, like you know what I'm saying, You quit the process essentially, because if you would have stayed down, you would have came up. Because that's what I did, and that's what my ex did, and that's what my you know what I mean friends did. Like that's what I've helped so many people this program who listen. But it's this it's a mindset thing, you know what I'm saying. Most people don't have their mindset in order, Like I say, it's entitlement. You feel like you owed something. It's like, nah, man, you got to go earn everything that you need that you got out here, from property to business customers, Like you have to go and earn these things. You have to go and show and prove. You have to like do what you need to do in order to make things happen. And most people operate in the space of instant gratification. And I think the Internet has a lot to do with that because you see people doing so well, and you see people accomplishing things, and you see more of the celebratory moments online. You don't see the hard, behind the scenes grind that it took.
Speaker 3: You don't see.
Speaker 4: The offers that I put in and you know what I mean, got turned down or got beat out by cash offers. You didn't see the time we're almost lost ten thousand dollars in earn this money because you know what I mean, the contractors didn't do what they were supposed to do and give me the proper estimates. Just like it's a lot of things behind the scenes that people just don't know. And practicing patience and understanding how this process goes will make your life and just your process way easier when it comes to stuff and just a lot less stressful because it's like, it's not easy. It's a super stressful process, regardless of whether it's Naka Faha conventional. It's a it's a process, man, And I don't think people understand.
Speaker 1: They gotta be ready for the long run. You said when you spoke to your friend who recommended Knaka to you, that you had ten thousand dollars, and so a lot of times when people here Knaka and they had no doubt payment, they think, oh, you need no money. That's not just like that's like one of these misconceptions like, oh, it's no money down, My credit can be six twenty, but you need you need money to be in a program.
Speaker 3: I mean any any any mortgage that you're gonna get.
Speaker 4: You're going to have things you have to pay for, taxes, insurance, like all of those kind of things. In addition to that, Naka wants you to have a specific amount of money saved up. Me I personally try to tell people save about three and a half percent of the loan amount that you're looking for, because that covers your taxes, insurance, and it should cover you know what, I mean the cushion of a few months that they require you to have as well, because what they don't want to happen is for you to be house rich and cash poor because a lot of times what tends to happen to people is they'll, you know, pay their down payment fees. All of those different things you done came out of twenty twenty five thousand dollars or whatever the case. Merk, You've just spent thirty years of your life saving this money. Now you just gave it away. Now you have this house, and when something goes wrong with this house a roof issue, a plumbing issue, you don't you can't fix it. You don't have the money to fix it, and they don't want you to do that. So they set you up to whereas you have money, they set you up to whereas if you go get a multi unit, you got cash flow coming in because they make sure the numbers fall right all of those different things. And this is why I love them, because they protected me throughout the whole process. There were times where contractors tried to do food food shit, they're just different stuff, and that could just like ran interference on all that, Like, nah, we're not going for that at times, like somebody try to sell you a four unit building but the building is on his own for three units in the garden.
Speaker 3: Unit or the basement unit would be like illegal.
Speaker 4: But knaka, well, you know they gonna go do their due diligence and you know what I mean, like check you know, city record because and all that make sure all of this stuff is owned and approved correctly, and a lot of times like it don't.
Speaker 3: And they protect you from all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Even in your own personal right, Like I was reading that. They'll check your patterns, right, They'll check your rent patterns, they'll check your savings patterns. So it's not like hey, they look at how much you were paying, how much you make, and they'll say, well, that money could be saved. So having that as an important system makes sense, right because it's like you don't want to make sure, like you don't want to have it where I say five hundred, then I saved nothing for three months and I put three thousand. They're watching that to make sure that they can.
Speaker 4: Making sure you got good good money spend like good money habits like and this is and it's not bad, like you should want to have good money happen. You should appreciate this kind of training, like, Okay, I need this because I've been not disciplined for the longest amount of time and now I have somebody challenging me to do better.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you want that?
Speaker 2: So they approve you for you come with your information, Da da da. They put it in the system and they say, Okay, you're based off of what we think you can get a two hundred thousand dollars more.
Speaker 4: If you're going for a single family home, yes, but that's not how it works with multi units. Okay, with multi units, how it works is even with NAKA, so they have limits. So with a single family home, which is these are examples, it depends on what area you're in. They'll give you a max. So let's say a single family home, they might give you a max two hundred thousand two unit. They might give you a max a three fifty three unit. They might give you a max a six hundred on a four unit, they'll give you a max of like nine hundred and nine to fifty or something like that. So for me, I'm like, why not max out and go crazy? If I'm trying to go get me a rental property, I'm gonna get four units. The four units are gonna make sure I have a place to live for free. Is gonna make sure my mortgage is paid on top of steel having some money at the end of the month's cash flow.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 4: On top of that, it's going to allow me to go for a bigger mortgage, which is gonna put me in a nicer neighborhood, you know what I'm saying. In addition to that, if I go find a four unit in a nice neighborhood, that means the rents are gonna be high. You know what I mean, because that's just what it is. When you live in nice neighborhoods, you got higher rents and apartments are nice. So how KNAKA qualifies you or lenders qualify you in general for multi units is totally different than they do for single family homes. A single family home, you're qualified strictly using your income. When it comes to multifamilies, and this is why I tell people, go find you a multifamily that has people living in it already, because what they do is they'll take seventy five percent of the income that the property is generating already added to yours, and that is what makes the property more than affordable. For example, this is what I like to tell people. So let's say you make two thousand dollars a month at your job, right, and the mortgage on this property you're looking at is three thousand dollars. Of course you can afford it. You're a thousand dollars short. But let's say the property that you're looking at also generates four thousand dollars a month in rent. They'll take three thousand dollars of dot add it to your two thousand.
Speaker 3: Now that's five thousand. Subtract three thousand from that.
Speaker 4: Now you have two thousand dollars left over at the end of the month, which makes this property way more than affordable. On top of they only use seventy five percent of the rent, they're still twenty five percent. That's still there. You get what I'm saying to you. So like, that's that's how the multi unit math works. And people don't understand that, and they're like.
Speaker 3: I can't afford a multi unit. It's so expensive. How do you afford a multi unit?
Speaker 4: And you're making twenty six thousand dollars a year because I understand how multi unit math works. And I went and found me property that had high rents and cash flowing already, and all I have to do is pretty much sign a paperwork and move in.
Speaker 1: So you found the property yourself. Didn't apply for the program, right, So does it when you apply for it? Does it have to be primary residents? How does that work?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So you do have to live in a property for the life of the loan, But NAKA has a five year leaning on a property because they're not designed to, you know, create investors. They're designed to balance our neighborhood. So they want you to live in a property and for the first five years you have a twenty five k lian on it. Every year drops off five thousand dollars. So after the fifth year you probably like clean and free to go do whatever you need to do, whether it be refinanced or whatever the case may be. And at this point, my first one, I've been in it for eight years. The second one it's been five years. So now I'm kind of like free and clear to knackoling and I can kind of go move around how I want to. But it's just like I'm set up to the point where now I can pull equity out of my properties. NAKA set me up to the point in the beginning on my first deal, we didn't even talk about this yet, but my first deal was immaculate. I got a four unit property I moved in, so I lived for free. All three units you know what I mean, were paying rent already. I didn't put any money down. I walked away from the closing table with a five thousand dollars check. That same day I got paid from my job. In addition to I kept all of my money because I was going through the process and they required me to keep saving, so that ten thousand turned into fifteen thousand. So I went from making about twenty six thousand dollars a year at my job to having twenty six thousand dollars in cash in my account after my first deal, which allowed me to go start investing in the stock market, you know what I mean, doing more deals, traveling network and building business, meeting guys like y'all.
Speaker 3: And that just came from that first deal.
Speaker 4: And this is why I try to encourage people to go through NACA, because they set you up so beautifully. After the deal, it's like, damn, I still got all this money left the average person they out of what ten fifteen, twenty thousand dollars on the deal with faha, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not that with NAKA. Yeah, I had to spend Actually I didn't spend nothing, but you may have to spend a little money, like I said, your taxes, insurance and little stuff like that. But man, it's nowhere near the same as what a convention to a FHA.
Speaker 2: Long, so let me ask you this. Okay, a few things. You was making twenty six thousand dollars a year when you first got the house after taxis yep, okay, so knaka all right. So some people are going to say, like, what's the catch here, right, because it's like, okay, you can make whatever you your credit score. You don't have to have good credit.
Speaker 4: But you do so you don't have to have good credit, but your DTI has to be good, your debt income has to be good, and you can't have like collections, you know, you can't like no T mobile BI or none of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: They look at your they look at your credit profile, not just for exactly Okay, Okay, that's good to know and there's no money down down right, So how how are you preventing people from putting themselves in situations where they just gonna set themselves up for failure teaching? You know what I'm saying, naka Like how like that's why they're structuring, like you have to have this amount, so they make.
Speaker 4: Sure they make sure you got that cushion saved, so when you start off, you've got a nice chunk of money to handle whatever it is that you need to handle any issues that may come up.
Speaker 1: Et cetera.
Speaker 4: They also require you to take a landlord class before you're going to buy a multi unit too, so you can understand like the rules. Absolutely they make you go take that class so you can understand the rules, the laws, and the regulations your particular area and stuff like that, so you're not doing nothing illegal, like you know, discrimination, just any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So when you're trying to do the saving right, So, like what he said, if you got the twenty sixersand and they're seeing your saving pattern, they're seeing your rep pattern. Let's say that you're late on rent one month. You cooked, so now you gotta if you head it toward the front of the line. Now you're going to the back of the line.
Speaker 3: So how long is that?
Speaker 1: That's the how long is the process that they're looking over a six month span, nine month span, a year.
Speaker 4: So they look at your rent payments over a year. You know, they gonna get that infan from your landlord or whatever the case may be, or whatever you if you live with your parents, they'll get that from them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, they do it for about a year and they go back and check that information.
Speaker 2: So you so all right, you bring the property to Naka.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: So when I went to Naka, I had a it's it's the same process with everybody else.
Speaker 3: I went and got me an agent. We went out. I got approved agent Knacker No. I'll use it the agent outside.
Speaker 4: But Naka does have agents who like kind of like know their process, so it's a little bit faster when you have one of their agents. But I just had my agent, you know, registered through the KNACKA and learn whatever their process was. Because again, their staff is overworked. Like I say, you got a lot of people going through the program. So I didn't necessarily want to go with an agent who I wouldn't be a priority with. You know what, I'm saying, so I went and found my own agent who made me a priority and we made it happen.
Speaker 1: Your own agent through the knacka program that had knowledge of the So Knacker approves you for the mortgage and then you you bring the property to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there ever? I've heard people pass it, Like some sellers they don't want to sell to Knack of people.
Speaker 4: So I think that's I think that's all about communication. Every time my agent went in, he would let people know like, hey, look, my guy's going through a program called a Knacker program. They got this, this, this and this, this is this. He's the first time home buyer. Is great for them, and NAKA also has some benefits for the seller as well.
Speaker 3: They pay like the seller's title fees.
Speaker 4: Like it's a couple of things that's beneficial for the seller too, to make the seller want to like possibly like you know what I mean, jump at that and then too, like you just got to have a you know, an agent that know how to work and for next deals. Like my agent, he used the emotion card and everything.
Speaker 3: He's like, listen, my guy, he's from this neighborhood, he has kids. They love the area. They want to still go to the schools all of that.
Speaker 4: So, like when you have somebody who like been owning their property for a long time and they care about it, they don't want to just sell it to an investor who going to come tear it down.
Speaker 3: They actually want somebody.
Speaker 4: So you gotta have like people on your team who are savvy and witty and know how to like, you know, communication.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like today because that's something that not just in real estate, but any part of business. There's still an element, like I know, AI is taking over everything, but there's still an element of human interaction absolutely, so I know could turn into a yes if explained correctly, if you bring somebody lunch. This is just this is part of any type of business. Right.
Speaker 4: Both of my deals worked out like that. On the first one it was the emotion car. On a second it was cause we were black. It was a Puerto Rican guy in a Puerto Rican neighborhood. He said, too many white people was coming in and trying to low ball him. He was a developer, he knew his area, he knew what was going on, but he ain't looked like a rich god though, so they would try to play with him.
Speaker 3: Man we came in.
Speaker 4: He was like, I will give y'all whatever y'all need to close this deal. He gave us forty thousand dollars in clothes and credits. You know what I'm saying, Like, just like really looked out for us because representation mattered to him.
Speaker 3: He was like, they're already gentrifying this neighborhood.
Speaker 4: It went from a Puerto Rican neighborhood, so now it's mainly white and now I got two brown young people trying to move in.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh yeah, let's do the deal.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: A lot of times certain things can plan your favor. Again, it's all God's timing, man like. And for me, I knew that Naka was the best thing for me in my particular situation. I'm like, where else am I going to be able to go and take advantage of properties in these amazing neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: With these low.
Speaker 4: Cost of entry numbers, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it just it was just a no brainer for me, man, And again it changed my life.
Speaker 1: You said at the end of the closing, you got money back, And I've heard stories of people when they use Knacker, they get money back can you break down here that words, because I know there's no closing costs to be for you, so how do you get money?
Speaker 4: So what happened was, again an excellent agent worked out a fifteen dollar I mean a fifteen thousand dollars closing credit. Ten grand was used to buy my interest rate down. Five grand just ended up up in the air. Where would it go to the buyer? It's just money. They gave it to them, you know what I mean. Naadn't allow you to walk away with cash no more. So what they would probably do now is apply it to the principle as opposed to buying the interest down. But in that particular deal, it worked out for me, So I walked tarns.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: EYLU is relaunching, revamping, retooling. That's why we're creating a new educational experience that's more expensive.
Speaker 3: Shoty telling we.
Speaker 2: Got hes twenty twenty three, We got a lot in still a lot playing for you guys. So you know that eylu already includes monthly financial planning calls with me, book club calls with Troy, real estate calls with MG the mortgage guy, access to the home buying Blueprint Volume one and Volume two. Part of the revamp will include twenty seven local chapters from across the United States, live interactive teaching, hands on not just pre recorded videos, plus fifteen brand new curriculums.
Speaker 1: The Biggest just got bigger.
Speaker 6: Head over to e y l university dot com. That's EYL you n I V E R s I t y dot com.
Speaker 3: See it there.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by PNC Bank. A lot of people think PODC about work a boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast? Their seats are digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pronography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland.
Speaker 3: Security with the five thousand dollars check security deposit's.
Speaker 4: Like I just had a bag of cash that I just had never seen before all at one time after that first deal public and it allowed me. Like I said, after that, I have been reading Money Master, the game all at I went and took most of the money, put it in Vanguard index funds. All of that kind of stuff. I went and bought me a jag and took a vacation got the jaz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we definitely got me jaz immediately immediately thereafter.
Speaker 1: We know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all that, how long did that take for you to start the program to get you first?
Speaker 3: My first deal was six months.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: People think it's like it's this long process.
Speaker 4: So the first deal was six months from the time I met with my mortgage counselor to the time I closed. I met with my mortgage counselor in December because I went to the meeting in October and I just wanted to give myself a couple of months, just like I said, to kind of like get some things in order before I went and met with a mortgage counselor. From October to December, I kind of got some things in order, credit all that kind of stuff, pulled the documents that I needed.
Speaker 3: When I met with him, he told me everything I needed.
Speaker 4: And he was the person that gave me to play and told me to bring my girl back because he's like, y'all not married or nothing.
Speaker 3: No, y'all.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, He's like, look this to play. I see what you're trying to do. I like your style, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, just you a cool He's like, you seem like you about your money. He's like, so this is what you do. You go get you one, then you bring her back and y'all get another one.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that because that's dividing conquer strategy. Julian Gordon has spoken about this MG the mortgage Guy, where if you're not married, it's actually beneficial. A lot of times people will be like, all right, well I'm not buying a home until we get married. Crazy, which so, but there's actually benefits in place for buying a home not being married, absolutely, because you can buy you each can own a home individually, and then you can always buy a home together when you're married. So the dividing conquer strategy is something that people have talked about. So explain this because another thing that people can say is like, well I don't want to buy a home with somebody then we break up, but you actually went through a.
Speaker 3: Breakoup, yeah, so I've been through it.
Speaker 2: Explain Explain this that the second the second play.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the second play again, we took her back or whatever the case. Your girlfriend at the top it's my girl at the time, we took her back, and by me knowing the program, I'm like, yo, I can go big. So I'm looking at Chicago's biggest and best neighborhoods. I know the maximum on four unions. I know I can go up to nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars all this, So I'm like, oh shit, We're going to the North Side, Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Worker Park. These are areas that you know what I mean, young, You know what I mean. People who are making one two hundred thousand, Now, these are the areas they moving in. They're not married, but everything within walking distance, buses, trains, like you know what I mean. It's a popping, gentrifying area in Chicago. And I'm like, that's what we're going. So we go up there and this process takes a year because we just could not get deals like you know what I mean, Like it just wasn't working out for us. But again, at the end of y'all will understand why I'm not working out, because God's timing is the best timing. We went through probably four or five different deals where we just got turned down. No, almost lost ten thousand dollars in earnest money, just like went through the ringer with this second one. But then we finally went to see a property, and this property was amazing because it's almost like a two for one. Y'all call them eighty us out here. We call them coach houses in Chicago. But this particular property, it had a three unit building in the front of the lot and in the back of the lot there's a coach house.
Speaker 3: And this ain't no regular coach house.
Speaker 4: This house has twelve foot call for ceilings, floating stairs, just cherrywool oak floors. The guy who built the property was a developer and he stayed there with his family while collecting rent from the building in front. So essentially this is a two for one. And like I said, it's not a small property. I do peer space in this thing. Make a ton of money in it right now with her still living in it. So that deal went like all right. We went to this guy walked the property, like, yo, the property is amazing. He told us, Look, the three units in the front, they all generating between sixteen and eighteen hundred dollars a month. I'm like, yes, cause I knew what numbers I needed. And then I told my mortgage counselor about it. He's like, bro, the only way you're gonna be able to afford this, He's like, y'all gonna need about eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, he like, you got that. I'm like, not quite.
Speaker 4: But mind you, I had took like out of the twenty six thousand, I had put like twenty of that into the stock market. And this is right when Trump had got in office, so that twenty had turned into like twenty nine to thirty, you know what I'm saying. I realized that, like, yo, I still got money in the stock market.
Speaker 2: She had some bread.
Speaker 4: And then the rest we had to get from a seller's you know what I mean, concession, which again I told you all, he was willing to give us whatever we needed because he wanted to sell it to a minority couple as opposed to you know what I mean, anybody white or an investor.
Speaker 3: And that worked out in our favor.
Speaker 4: So with that deal, we were able to buy an interest rate down from three and a half percent to zero point.
Speaker 3: Eight percent your interest, yes.
Speaker 4: Which made the mortgage go from thirty nine hundred dollars to twenty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: How'd you get the interest rate?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I not gonn allow you to buy the interest rate down?
Speaker 4: He gave us forty thousand dollars and we use some of our own but buy the.
Speaker 2: Interest rate then?
Speaker 1: How low? I mean the point, how low can you go?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 3: So at this point they don't even let people go there low anymore.
Speaker 4: Essentially broke the bank, like they changed the rules, like you can't buy your interest rate.
Speaker 3: Below one percent anymore. Like it's for need throw to buy.
Speaker 2: An interest rate, you just you put a lump sum of money up front here.
Speaker 4: So essentially I gave them was about seventy five eighty thousand dollars to save four hundred thousand dollars an interest on the back end. So it's like I gave y'all eighty bands to save four hundred just extra money that I would have been paying. In addition to that, it gave me twelve hundred dollars extra you know what I mean, savings on the mortgage. So that made it way more than affordable because, like I said, we now have a twenty seven hundred dollars mortgage with.
Speaker 3: Rents of five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Now my network then jumped up to one and a half million dollars in real estate through the knack of program.
Speaker 3: It's built relationships.
Speaker 4: I have a brand, I have a book, I travel, I do public speaking. I'm here talking to the biggest and the best. Also true all because of that first deal with the Knacker program. My relationships have grown to the point where I'm able to learn from other people in my industry because they're attracted to me because of how I did my deals. Like I have investors who are worth fifteen twenty thirty million. I go to Bigger Pockets conference and things like that. They're like a zero point eight percent interest rate. These are the biggest real estate investors in the world. We're talking about here that you know what I'm saying, And they like, how did you get a zero point eight how did you get a twenty a half percent? Like no money down. I've never heard of this program, And you would think people.
Speaker 2: Know about this, and they don't Knacker for anybody or you have to anybody lower income.
Speaker 4: So it's it's it's designed for lower income people, but you can do Knacker as a high income earner too. They'll just consider you what's called a non priority member, to whereas your interest rate will be a little bit higher than the priority members, but it's still going to be below the national average. And you can't buy in a neighborhood that the median income is higher than your media income.
Speaker 3: It has to be equal to or less than your media luxury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So for example, if you make two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, you will probably have to buy a neighborhood where the median income is one hundred thousand, one hundred and fifty meters. I was making twenty six I can go buying a million dollar neighborhood. Because their goal is to balance out neighborhoods. NAKA doesn't want good or bad neighborhoods. They want it to be all neighborhoods are equal. The median income across all these neighborhoods are the same, and that's how you create balance by putting people who make thirty thousand in this neighborhood and people who make two hundred thousand in this neighborhood, and it just kind of like levels everything out so that way you don't have red lining and things like that.
Speaker 1: Can the high income earner. Can they buy down the industry as well? How low can we go?
Speaker 2: I think about one percent at this point one percent. What's some of the mistakes that people make with KNAK. I think the biggest mistake is probably just trying to get a faint single family as opposed to multi family.
Speaker 3: That's one. That's one and then two.
Speaker 4: Feeling like it's gonna be easy because you hear me talk about you no down payment, no closing costs, like yeah, it's your lick, but it's just like it's still going to be a process, like yeah, this is gonna be your move, this is your blessing right here. When you hear me talk that, get excited, but know that it's not going to be easy just because you heard all these benefits in the thirty second clip. Make sure you go do your own due diligence. Make sure you go watch the full interview. When I tell you about how I almost lost ten thousand dollars. When I tell you about they may slow drag when I tell you about they may not pick up the phone, Like when I tell you may have to pull up to the office, knock some shit off the.
Speaker 3: Desk, yell at Some people let them know you serious, Like, don't skip that part. You know what I'm saying, Like, don't skip that part?
Speaker 1: Is there? I guess a database to show you because obviously you know what the knack of offices where you live. But if I'm living in a different state because a website that fines like whether, well.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about the landlord side of it. What did you learn? What have you learned as far as being a landlord?
Speaker 3: Patience man, just understand one.
Speaker 4: So during the pandemic, So the Puerto Rican who sold us the second property right, his brother was in the garden unit of the building.
Speaker 3: He was just doing his brother a favor.
Speaker 4: And at the time, we couldn't have his brother move because we needed the income to qualify for the property. So as bad as I wanted him to move, I couldn't put him out, you know what I mean. And his brother ended up extending his lease out for a year, which guaranteed he stayed there. It was a small, one bedroom apartment. Man, this dude had a big rock whiler in there, just like you know, just a single junkie guy, like no women in his life, just like you know.
Speaker 3: It was just all bad and man, terrible, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 4: Cigarettes like you know, just like gunk all over the stove, and it just it was just bad.
Speaker 3: It was just bad.
Speaker 2: And I know I know the guy. I don't know him, but I know, yeah.
Speaker 3: All he took dog like you know what I'm saying, you tripping.
Speaker 4: So he tried to, you know, pull the whole pandemic move where he aires the pandemic.
Speaker 3: I ain't got to pay, right, he tried to run a pandemic player listen, so listen. Everybody else wants. So it's the thing.
Speaker 4: Everybody else paid me throughout the pandemic. I never had an issue. Everybody paid except for him. Mind you, he was a mover. I'm hearing this dude's truck start up every morning and go to work and move people.
Speaker 3: Right, But he acting like he ain't got no money.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, bro, all right, cool like and then God always look out for me, bro, like always, like, I just feel like I'm one of God's favorites. Man, two weeks after he starts trying to pull that shit, his apartment starts flooding.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting that shit fixed, bro, I'm not getting that shit fixed.
Speaker 4: And in that frame of the month. Man it rained about seven times, about seven times. So mind you he's walking around and.
Speaker 3: Poop water dog here, his dog is wet. His dog here is so poopwater is just.
Speaker 4: Man, he ran out of that place, like when I tell y'all, he ran out of he he couldn't get out of there fast enough. So I didn't even have to put him out. I didn't have to e victim. The flood got him out. And I just refused to get it fixed because he was just like, man, you're gonna keep it on, letting it flop, like you're gonna pay me a rent? Like what are you talking about, like even exchange, no rent money, no fix.
Speaker 2: But could he could he have made because I know, like these tenants have a lot of laws in place.
Speaker 3: In Chicago, they definitely do, because like.
Speaker 2: In New York, you don't even have to pay rent for like a year, maybe sometimes even longer, and you still the landlord still has to do whatever you tell him to do.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: But like Georgia is a landlord of friendly states, so you can evict somebody in like seven days.
Speaker 3: I wish we could do that in Chicago. But blessed enough, like I haven't had to.
Speaker 4: And even with him, it just took two weeks for him to go because the rain, Like I said, bro, like just imagine waking up in the middle of the night and shit water and pee and just like and then you're like your dog, like your dog laying in this.
Speaker 1: But on the other hand, when he leaves, now now I have to clean up. Now you have to so like having reserves, talk about that money to repair it.
Speaker 4: Said, listen, that's that's the bare minimum as far as my reserves, y'all. I had a thirty thousand dollars plumber issue that beat my ass, like like so that that flooding.
Speaker 1: H did you know prior to the flood The.
Speaker 4: Flooding is what let me know that she's gonna cost thirty thousand dollars to fix.
Speaker 2: Talk about that. So I saw you talk about that before.
Speaker 3: On ran to gyms.
Speaker 4: So that happened, and I'm just like, I'm trying to patch this thing up for like a year, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They went on.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to Like I had the plumbers coming out here like all right, cool, we can do this. This is a short job we can do to kind of like fix it. But then it kept on happening, and Uh, the plumber came out. He's like, Bro, I got some bad news for you. He's like, the only way we can do this, we got to dig under the ground.
Speaker 3: We gotta get to the pipe. Now only do we gotta dig under.
Speaker 4: The ground, Like we have to go get a like an excavation machine.
Speaker 3: Like and you like you pay for that.
Speaker 4: They don't pay for that, Like so now you're renting excavation machines. You're renting you're paying the person to operate the excavation machine. Now they have to dig down ten feet under the concrete, dirt all that get to the pipe, take the pipe out, replace the pipe, put new dirt, put new concrete, all of these different things.
Speaker 3: And he's like, ye, it's gonna be about thirty thousand dollars. Bro. My heart fell into my stomach Like what bro? Like what like like like thirty bands? Like you're talking about the down payment on another property type shit.
Speaker 4: Like you're like, yeah, so blessed enough. I'm financially literate. I use credit business credit interest free business credit.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I used one of my cards swiped that been paying it down with the rent ever since then. I'm still paying on that shit right now. But the thing is financial literacy. Once that interest free is up, I just transfer the balance to a new car, you know what I'm saying interest free, So that way, at least I'm not paying extra money on it. The rents have increased over time, pier space is running up a bad so it allows me to still take care of that without it coming out of my arm.
Speaker 1: It could be a blessing, right because I've had that same sit little situation shower. I started seeing like the water wasn't going down, like what's happening? Called the plumber. They're like, you got a belly in your pipes? I said, what is that? Right? And then they put the you know, the camera camera like that's the belly and then you look at it and it's like it's literally see you ye, And now the water can't get out. I said, well, how much is going to cost to fix? They were like, you want the rough essment or real essment? Said give me the real one. He said about twenty five thousand. I was like, well to fix this like now, he's like, yeah, twenty five thousand, and if we have to go out to the street. We got to call the town. We're gonna have the permits is probably gonna be forty thousand. And you're sitting there. You have a family, We can't take a shower, we can't watch the dies.
Speaker 3: And for me it was my tenants. It's like, I can't have people living like.
Speaker 4: This, Like I would be foul to say yo to constantly just keep trying to patch this up, and my tenant's furniture and roads and all these things are getting damaged and they're getting pissed, like dude, when are you going to get this fixed? It's like you can't keep on trying to patch this up because it keeps happening.
Speaker 1: But on the other side of it is like, now that that it's fixed, it adds value.
Speaker 4: Adds value because you got the whole new plumbing line exactly. All of these things in plumbing, electrical, roofwork, certain things add value to your property. So now I just added brand new plumbing lines to my property, which gave me, you know what I mean, sweat equity. When did you buy your first home twenty fifteen? How much was it three hundred and sixty thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: How much is it now?
Speaker 3: Five hundred and ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: He said it with a smile, And I didn't pay anything should and mind you three hundred and sixty thousand. The mortgage has been paid down for eight years by the tenants. I've been living for free. So that's all. Like, once I sell this thing, it's going to be all profit on top of twenty or thirty years of cash flow?
Speaker 2: Are you getting positive cash flow now? Seventeen hundred a month from a.
Speaker 3: Place that I live? They know you're I'm cool. I'm like the coolest landlord. Like so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so like if I go do something big or something like that, I wouldn't I wouldn't tell nobody, but for this kind of stuff, and a lot of people like, yeah, don't tell, Like nah, man, get familiar with your tennis. Get build a relationship with your tennis, like you know what I mean. Like that's that's a good thing. Like don't in that way, it's easy for you to have certain conversations without people getting offended or anything. Like hey, miss Jones, don't forget it's the fifth Make sure you pay your rent tomorrow. I ain't gonna charge you a late fee, but make sure you like you know what I mean, just like you have these relationships and you can like you know, you watch people, kids grow up, and just like all of these different things that I've gotten to learn and see as a landlord. Man, it's actually pretty cool to have relationships with my tenants. And the main thing for me is, man, you treat people with respect, You provide quality living spaces for people. You don't do slum lord shit. I promise you your tennants are going to take care of you like they're gonna take care of you, because at the end of the day, this is their home's mine and with them living here. How many people do you know like to tear up their own shit. It's rare, of course, you see it. Sometimes people live in some pretty fucked up places. But a lot of times in those situations, people don't care because the landlord ain't taking care of the property the way that they're supposed to. When you taking care of your stuff, people who have nice stuff, they like to keep it nice. I've never before I was a landlorder. I've never lived somewhere and I just tore the place up or nothing like. I like nice shit, so I like to you know what, I mean, take care of it, keep it nice. If I had company, I'm want to come through. All this is nice, Like that's just common sense.
Speaker 2: Right, So can you rEFInd out of the knocker?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, boy, rashad, I'm sitting on so much equity right now.
Speaker 3: Right so in order for me to.
Speaker 4: Go get a home equity line of credit and pull money out of a property that I own, I got it. Your income and please go show income before you start talking about doing.
Speaker 3: Brrrs and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: These terms, it's all over the internet because at the end of the day, you have to know the terms of doing these things before you go out and do it. Because yeah, that's your money, but it ain't your money, like it's your money in your pocket. You got to go get permission from the bank to access this money.
Speaker 3: And if you don't have a.
Speaker 4: Relationship with the bank and you can't show the bank that you're making money, the bank ain't even want to hear that shit at all. They gonna be like, boy, this's our money.
Speaker 1: We on this. So talk about the pair space play because you're you live in the one, but the one with your girlfriend. You are using pair of space. How you came to contact with it and what's the play on that.
Speaker 4: So pier space is something that I found out about when I was rapping. I used to, you know, have videographers or whatever, and we just always these dope places. But it would just be in the budget and what they charged me for and I'm like, bro, where you find this set or whatever the case may be. And I would hear them talk about peer space, but I just never looked into it. So one day I was shooting some content at the new house. Like I said, it's five so I like, man, it sounds for shoot all kind of content in this house. My guy was like, bro, you should consider putting his house on pier space.
Speaker 3: You would check a bag.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, that's the shit you've been telling me about it all these years. He like, fam, I'm going to rent your house. Like I'm finna be calling you and renting your house. So the next day I went on peer space, you know, I went and took me some pictures of the property or whatever.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Two days later, bookings, bookings, bookings, bookings, bookings, video shoots, photo shoots. People want to come and host dinner parties.
Speaker 2: It's just like peer space. Peer Space is a vibe and a lot a lot of people still don't know about pair.
Speaker 4: Space, and it's crazy because the thing is you can still live there. It's not like Airbnb.
Speaker 2: You have to be gone and there's different rules like Airbnb. A lot of these buildings they don't even allow it allow and stuff like that, and they're cracking down. But like we found out about peer Space when we went to we got to show Revolt over aliability shots to Revolt, So when we we do like off set locations where we film with different stuff. So we were in l A. And we were filming in LA at this house on the hills and actually was at Atlanta. We were in Atlanta, La too, but Atlanta we was film in an episode and the lady who actually owned the house, she found out that we were filming in so she stayed because she was big fans of even Out so she wanted to introduce herself. So then she started giving us to play like yeah, you know, I rent this out the peer space. So then we went to LA and then we Revolt rented a spot there. So we were talking to like the production team and all that and they like, yeah, it's and the good thing about pair of space is that, especially like for that type of thing, it's only for a couple hours as opposed to the whole night, and it's a lot more money because it's like this is Revolt inc.
Speaker 4: That you can have them come for two hours, NBC come for two hours, CBS come for two hours. It's not like all right, cool, were getting five hundred for the night, Like nah, you can run this shit up and then two of The crazy thing is so I ran out my main floor, I ran out my office space, I ran out my bathroom, all separate. I can have three different things going on at the same time, getting three different bags all from the same.
Speaker 2: So airbnb is for people that want to come and stay the night and live there for a day. Peer spaces for people that want to do production, you.
Speaker 3: Create or like music video.
Speaker 1: What we're doing here is we just when we did that photoshoot, same thing somebody's from home. You got like five hours to do it, take the pictures, put everything back the same way. By the time they come home from work, you just made five hundred to one thousand dollars just coming on home on the train.
Speaker 2: If you live in a city that has like a media presence like New York, Chicago, Atlanta, La. There's always stuff happened, always stuff, Always something's happening, whether it's a production, a music video, dinner.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't have I've had so many YouTube like sensations come and do stuff in my crib like people with two million followers.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you dude off of yeah?
Speaker 4: Like it's just be like you know what I made to be cool, like the kind of people you interact with and come across.
Speaker 3: And then to another thing about peer space.
Speaker 4: I feel like God put it in my life for me to be, you know, a testimony to a lot of the young guys. I get a lot out of Chicago rappers that'll come there. So when they see me, they see me look like this, you know what I mean. Sometimes I might spark up a smoke or something or whatever.
Speaker 3: They be like you own this. I'm like, yeah, this is me.
Speaker 4: I'm like I own the building in the front too, Like bruh how I'm like, man, just to play go through the NACA program. All this money you flashing in this video, like with that ship in an account, like you know what I'm saying, Like, build a relationship with a bank, like you know what I'm saying. They'll come in the house, they'll see you know what I mean, the CNBC, the stock market on They're like, Bro, you into this Like I know, I look like y'all, yes, but this is my lifestyle. Like I buy, I buy property, I invest in the stock market, I start businesses.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is my clothing brands.
Speaker 4: You have a clothing bring yes, bro, Like I'm really out here, like going crazy all because of NAKA.
Speaker 3: Like it's just like.
Speaker 4: You feel me like like like respectfully humbly, like you know what I mean whole time Like yeah, y'all, and you can do the same thing. And when I talk to these guys like this, when I'm speaking their language and I'm speaking their lingo, they like, yo, I want to be like you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this.
Speaker 4: Ship representation is like I'm doing this whole time thinking this is the only way for me to get rich. Here you are, you have thousands of people who follow you on Instagram. I'm trying to do everything that you're doing in a saturated lane, but here you are just flourishing in.
Speaker 3: Your own lane doing your thing Like yeah, bro.
Speaker 2: And you're not compromising. Who you are as a person, none of it all your safety, none of it. And it's important and the thing is so essentially So, you brought your first home with no money down, no money down, it's increased to a stand since you since you purchased it. You're getting seventeen hundred dollars positive cash flow and you're living there, Yes sir, So you're living for free, yes sir. And you've increased over the course of time equality. What are you just going to keep this forever.
Speaker 3: Or with the interest rates? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Like I say that the most I'll do is a home maker line of credit to go and start reinvesting in more stuff. Like I said, I am sitting on the tone, love it, but like why sell a cash flow and asset in a great community like this thing is going to like the neighborhood is going to continue to go up like I have. I'm ten minutes fifteen minutes away from downtown. I have buses and trains that give you access to downtown. I have amazing schools in my neighborhood parks. I have churches, restaurants, anything, any amenity that a tenant could want, and the kind of amenities that make tenants want to stay.
Speaker 3: For a long period of time.
Speaker 4: I have those with my properties because I'm intentional about the neighborhoods that I buy in.
Speaker 3: Like this is why I tell people you need to have education and real estate.
Speaker 4: You can't just go and just like just cause you got approved for a loan like no, like no, like be intentional, be able to do neighborhood analysis understand Like okay, where are the good schools, where are the.
Speaker 3: People living at? Who have you know, good grocery stores?
Speaker 4: Where are the like nice parks that like, what access do I have to buses and trains to Whereas even if I am far away from somebody's jobs and they don't have a car, they can just take public transportation.
Speaker 3: These things are important to tenants.
Speaker 4: You can't when you're when you're investing in multi family least, you can't go and do what's best for you. You have to come from a tenant's perspective, like, Okay, if I was a tenant and I lived here, when I want to live here?
Speaker 3: And how long would I want to live here?
Speaker 1: So what's what's the what's the I'm sorry, what are the loan terms on it? Is it traditional?
Speaker 4: Like thirty years thirty year fixed right right thirty your fixed rights, bro.
Speaker 2: So you know Jamal King, Yes, mam man. So he used to be a cop on the South Side, and he was telling I remember the first time I was telling I was talking to him and he was like, you know, he's he stopped being a cop because he realized he can make more of an impact doing real estate. And he was like, when he was a cop, it's a it's a thing where your job is to be reactive. Whereas, all right, somebody comits a crime, now you arrest him, and it's like it's anover ending cycle. Right, But as a landlord and as a real estate investor, you get to be proactive, right and now you actually you can help change neighborhoods, You can educate people, You can change some why's life so they don't have to even be in a situation where you have to arrest arrest them. So, coming from Chicago, how important is it for you to ed you because obviously, you know when we hear Chicago, everybody you always thinking about drill music and gang violence and murders and all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Block We're not from sixty third.
Speaker 2: Like just so, so if you think you think this is something that you know, the education can help can help change some of you know, the issues that are faced.
Speaker 4: I know it can because it helped me, Like the moment somebody told me about Knaka, the moment I found out about rich Dad Porter, at the moment I read money Master, the Game, mindset shift, the media, because now I don't have to fucking go out here and risk my life and do certain shit that I know that I don't really even want to do, but I honestly just don't know any better. Like this is what I know to survive now. I have alternative routes because somebody told me about it. I've been exposed to them. And ninety percent of the issue is exposure. We don't have exposure to any of this. Like I said, I was exposed to my friends going to the NBA college coaches, Lebron James, Like these are the things that made it like believable for me. Like I saw rich people, I saw wealthy people. I saw people who were doing things on a large scale. I saw my friends come from a small town in Maywood and go play for the biggest and the best coaches in the country, go win championships, with the Shannon played with Lebron and Kobe. He got drafted by Cleveland and won two championships with Kobe.
Speaker 3: Like that's like them and that's the crazy thing.
Speaker 4: Like he was neck and neck with Lebron in the All American Game, being the Jordan Game as far as points the dunk contest, like I think he had co MVP of the Jordan Game that year.
Speaker 3: Like that's like this exposure like what it did for.
Speaker 4: Me, man, it is just like it just changed my life because coming from where we come from, like you don't see it, you don't hear it, so to be around it and exposed to it's like like this is it. Like I don't have to settle for this. I don't have to be okay with this. I don't have to be this person, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean? Like I have options now, and I feel like the.
Speaker 4: More kids in our communities see this and see people talk about it like intentionally, like aggressively, like how I talk like and I speak to them in they language, like you know what, it's just like that's life changing for a lot of people because it's like, yo, I don't have to go see your drugs.
Speaker 3: I don't have to.
Speaker 4: If I start this at eighteen nineteen years old, I start you can go get a knack of property working at McDonald's. As long as you can pay rent, you can pay your mortgage. Now, it may not be in the best neighborhood of ever, but it's ownership. It starts there and then you can take that little piece of property or whatever the case may be, in scale up from there. But if we don't know about ownership, we don't have any representation. We don't have anybody teaching us these things. We don't have anybody talking about these things. It's just kind of like.
Speaker 2: You said something I was extremely insightful. Just now, if you can pay rent, you can pay a mortgage. That's true because most of the time the rent is higher.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem that stops people from buying a home is a down payment. So there's dollars, you know that, But it's like the down payment. So it's like, if you're living in the Bronx, you might be paying nineteen hundred dollars a month for a one bedroom a and not a great neighborhood. You could you can you can go.
Speaker 3: Buy pretty in that same neighborhood.
Speaker 2: What'll stop you fifty thousand dollars sixty thousand down payment. So that's what stops a lot of people from ever buying a home, and they just stay on the on the rent path. That rent common to this is something that people don't fully understand. Rents not cheap at all, rent at all.
Speaker 4: Like I just told y'all my rents over here for a one bedroom in Chicago now eighteen hundred, two thousand dollars, like in this neighborhood and my other, in my other, my first property, I'm getting fourteen hundred, fifteen hundred for one to two bedrooms.
Speaker 3: Like that's a mortgage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, people where we live right now. I mean, you're talking about twenty five hundred and three thousand dollars for a two bedroom. My mortgage is three thousand dollars for my house.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm saying. I have a four unit and my mortgage is three thousand dollars. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Real, that's oh, my first one mortgage twenty seven hundred dollars. On the second it's thirty five hundred dollars once you factor in the taxes and insurance and stuff. But like bro, like I'm hearing people say they pay this in rent, Like so not only is my mortgage that, but I don't even pay it. Somebody else pay it and I got and I'm getting paid off of that mortgage. So it's like, man, at this point, like we don't got no excuses, y'all. Like I said, I started at twenty six thousand dollars a year after taxes, Mom and daddy did dope, like just all of these different things like, ain't no excuses out here, bro, Like it's none like Zebra when like.
Speaker 3: When I hear people make excuses, bro, like that shit burned me up.
Speaker 4: Cause it's like, bro, like I come from this shit like I didn't watch like you know what I'm saying, a lot of foul last shit, a lot of traumatic stuff in my life, and it's just like you making excuses for them, like I ain't have my mama or my daddy yo og raised you like you make an excuse just like boys stop playing with me.
Speaker 2: Swap.
Speaker 1: Representation is important, man, So yeah, shout to you, Shout out to the hostess. Got Ross back out there. We got Mobile.
Speaker 4: League out there because they're like we've like so myself for Shauna and Mobile Home Elite have formed a partnership to where it's like we just putting on for the city. We have the meetups, We've started a business. We're gonna host a Mastermind here soon. Man. Like we've just really like just decided to just like take initiative and just like you know, be the driving force of financial literacy, real estate, et cetera in the city because we've grown to the point where our brands are big enough to do it. And then if we collaborate on this, the competition like the next meetup, it's us. And then we reached out to Jamal, Jamal gonna show up. It's just like every we be so divided. A lot of times we don't even realize. Man, A lot of stuff just be a phone call away, you know what I'm saying. But it show the way you think, kind of like mess a lot of that up. But like we like swept all of them the rook Like, yeah, we going to get to it.
Speaker 1: And representation is important and also is documenting the process.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about landlord life man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Man, I have a series on YouTube called a Landlord Life. I'm just big on creating content in general. I've been documenting my process in twenty fifteen, and it's crazy. When I found y'all, I had a series called The Renaissance Support and it was I was trying to do what y'all doing right now. But I spent way too much money on this shit. Right, Like I spent like fifteen thousand dollars producing five.
Speaker 3: Episodes, right, I had skits and.
Speaker 4: I've rented out like this big like like acting studio in Chicago and shit, and it was just like ridiculous, Like I had some fire guests on it and everything.
Speaker 3: But like once I looked at my budget.
Speaker 4: Like you can't cheap well, so open close and like it just it just showed me, like people love content.
Speaker 3: People love that series. People love that show. And then like I just started building content around everything I'm.
Speaker 4: Doing the Landlord Life. And The Landlord Life is not a fun series. I make it fun, but man, everything that you're going to see on that series on my YouTube channel is leaky roofs, plumbing issues toilets just you know what I mean, HVA systems going bad. Like I'm showing you guys all of everything that I'm dealing with as a landlord.
Speaker 3: We got three seasons over forty episodes.
Speaker 4: I think the only good episode is me telling people one of my tenants is the owner of a popular shoe bou teak in Chicago.
Speaker 3: So I got a plug on the shoot.
Speaker 4: But outside of that, ain't no real benefits to like, you know what I'm saying, managing your own properties on the day to day, you know what I mean. I want you all to understand this now, it's gonna be beneficial on the back end, of course, you know what I mean, when you cash out and you know what I mean, you getting your cash flow. But some of the stuff that you're dealing with, it's real, it's not it's not Hollywood, it's not Instagram, it's.
Speaker 3: Not you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Pulling up the lambow to the front of the property with your Gucci's on. It's like, nah, boy, you're gonna be fucking around walking in poop water sometimes, Like it's just gonna be that, And like, you know what I mean, you gotta understand what you getting into when you get into it. But at the end of the day, what I'll always tell people, it's not easy, but it's definitely gonna be worth it. And like I said, I haven't worked since two thousand and fifteen, Like I've just really been out here moving around and networking and building relationships.
Speaker 1: A long way from a cubicle, bro.
Speaker 2: So what's next for you? I know you got the education as well, took everything else you got.
Speaker 4: So I host a monthly webinar I called Navigating NAKA where I pretty much teach the NACA play because again, NAKA can't tell y'all a lot of the stuff that I can tell y'all because they're not allowed to kind of like steer you in a particular direction.
Speaker 3: I don't work for NAKA.
Speaker 4: I'm not an agent, I'm not any of that, so I can kind of like give you to play how I need to give you to play how I ran to play. So that's been doing extremely well. My NAVIGATINGNACA webinar has been helping people like get their mindset right and just like really understand the process and importance of going through this program. In addition to that, man, I got my merch mindset matters. This is a design. Books are the keys that I'm trying to get into the schools, like when they have like book Week and like you know, different stuff like that. And I own this. I got this trademarked and everything. So just like just really growing my brand.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: I got a book that I've been a molding and just traveling around speaking renaissances. Five step guid on getting your shit together, and that book is pretty much my blueprint and everything that I did to get my mind right before I got started in real estate and financial literacy and all that, just you know, self evaluation, understanding that I was in my own way, you know what I mean, Understanding the power of my mind and words, Knowing that the way that I speak to myself and the words that I put into the universe are extremely important.
Speaker 3: It's a really really dope book.
Speaker 4: It's a real quick short read, and I got some dope interviews in there from some of my homies.
Speaker 3: I think y'all know.
Speaker 4: Read a new Face She'd be with Dame dash Alot, she from Chicago, got an interview with her, and yeah, interview with my homie Code Sign, interview with my homie, my little cousin, dj Orio who chanced the rappers DJ and like just doing a lot.
Speaker 3: Of dope shit.
Speaker 4: So the book is dope, Like I say, man, just really trying to like scale and grow my brand, like just following y'all blueprint for real, for real. Just like I see all of the stuff that y'all doing, and it's just like I really just like try to mimic it, Like all right, cool to merge, you know what I'm saying, mother, it's traveling, doing speaking, networking, help and adding value to people's honestly, Like when it comes to this, like y'all are the blueprint for real, for real. So it's like I don't try to like go and reinvent the wheel.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of like, no, you see what they do. It's just like just do what they doing, you know what I'm saying. They winning.
Speaker 4: So it's like if you see Warren Buffett investing in apple stock or whatever, It's like why would I go and try to figure all this out when I could just do what Warren Buffett's doing on a smaller scale.
Speaker 2: Fact, you know, it's like smart man.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm saying, Like people over complicate things a lot of time. It's like the richest and the best, I'm going to do whatever they're doing. So when I hear Warren doing something, when I hear motherfucking y'all doing something. When I hear Ian doing something, when I hear you know what I'm saying, Bill Gates doing something?
Speaker 3: All right? Cool?
Speaker 4: How can I apply this to whatever it is that I'm doing. That's how you simplify your life?
Speaker 2: All right, brother, It's been a pleasure, man. How can they follow you? What's your social media?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: At Renaissance one, two five across all social media platforms. My website is www dot the Renaissance dot com. Now you can get merch, books, you know, courses, everything that is Renaissance, Troy Housekeeping, idols.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to everybody on patreon dot com, all our earnest dead, everybody in eyl University. Shout out to the entire city of Chicago. Like Shoddy said, we will be back in Chicago for Market Monday's Live in October. The date to be announced. It's going to be a special one. But I just want to shout the whole every time we go there. There's so much love out there, and shout out to you for supporting us in our merch and all our endeavors. Man, y'all showed us so much love. We can only say thank you to put so many times, but we greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, shout out at Chicago. Get your tickets to market Monday's Live. It's going to be a vibe and uh yeah man, thank you guys rocking with us. We'll see you next week. Peace.
Speaker 1: Peace.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will
Speaker 1: Be Protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,