Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: That's right, this is Good Morning Football. Getting here everybody. We are presented by Old Chapper Beef Turkey live in LA and New York. However, we are focused squarely on Philadelphia and Kansas City. Moving forward. It's Monday, January twenty seventh. Here's Isaiah standback. There's Peter Scheger, There's Kyle Brandt. I'm Jamie Rdall. It is a rerack. Hit the rewind button, play the Super Bowl again. The Eagles and Chiefs squaring off once more, just emotionally characters at play. How are you guys in New York feeling about those gentlemen that we will see in New Orleans two weeks from now? Are you liking the way things are lining up? From a story perspective.
Speaker 2: I think the narrative is perfect.
Speaker 4: The Eagles are looking to, I guess, thwart the Chief's opportunity to a three peat, and for Andy Reid, he's got to do it against his old team, not once, but twice to complete the deal and be the first team to ever win three straight Super Bowls. They are the first team ever to go to three straight Super Bowls already, which is really interesting. But can they finish the deal? We'll sleep yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, there's this sentiment out there allegedly that people were rooting for the Bills and Commanders to give us something different.
Speaker 2: I'll address that in a minute.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, we're going to run back a super Bowl that was unbelievably close and competitive and with the Chiefs for push to the limits and barely one in the end.
Speaker 2: We have two fantastic teams.
Speaker 1: Forget about what you think about these teams for seconds in terms of their image of reputation.
Speaker 2: Is an awesome matchup.
Speaker 1: These are two awesome teams who do a lot of the same things together. Well, we'll get into it, but we got two weeks. It's going to be a hell of a game.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is.
Speaker 5: You feel good about it. I feel good about it.
Speaker 3: How I'm distracted by new head coaching hires in your own listen.
Speaker 5: Here, we're not even get on that. That's probably tomorrow's conversation. Okay. I love the coordinator matchups. I do love the coordinator matchups. Obviously, between Kansas City and Philadelphia. I think there's gonna be one heck of a battle between the offenses and defenses, not only by the play years on the field, but the guys that are calling the game. These guys have two weeks to prepare for each other. It's going to be a battle royal with the hits end.
Speaker 3: Kyle, how do we get there?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you exactly how we got the Let's go to the state of Missouri, that is where the Kansas City Chiefs play their home games. Are right that they earned through the regular season home game Chiefs again, go to the Eagles.
Speaker 2: We're already waiting thirty two to twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Huge win for them, needless to say, in a huge effort late for my homes.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from him, Let's.
Speaker 1: Hear from Kelsey, and let's see it from Big Red.
Speaker 2: Going back to the Super Bowl, you think.
Speaker 6: Of all the ups and downs and the rounds that you went through during the season, the injuries, all those things that have to just happen the right way, with the margin to win and or lose in this league is so small, the parodies unbelievable, and so it's just some of these games are you know, they're gut wrenching, and I've got a lot of gut to wrench, so you know, it's one of those things. So you just have to really have to You got to hit it right and it's got to come out right.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's obviously really cool. That's your goal is to win in the postseason. But I've been blessed to be in a lot of great football teams, with a lot of great coaches, in a great organization, and I just try to maximize every moment because you never know what's gonna be your last one. I know I'm a long way from Tom, so I'll try to do whatever I can to get close to that.
Speaker 6: Josh.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's not fun to be the champion to beat the champs, and we didn't do it tonight. You can either get it done or you can't, and we didn't get it done.
Speaker 3: When you look at this rivalry Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes, we have entered into the statistical categories of one quarterback looking for a three peet of a Super Bowls and one quarterback who is entering first seven seasons and never reaching a title game, most playoff wins. That's Josh Allen. It is jarring it is emotionally the high and the low is wild. What does this one mean for the Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes experience Peter that we know all too well.
Speaker 4: I think we saw a different version of Mahomes yesterday and in the post game. He didn't say anything that was inflammatory, he didn't do anything that you would think it was out of the norm for him.
Speaker 2: He just got the job done.
Speaker 4: Then he went on his Twitter and basically had the Kermit sipping the tea. I think Mahomes here's it all. I think Mahomes saw when the NFL Network had its top one hundred players list and he wasn't voted in the top three after winning his second straight Super Bowl. I think Patrick Mahomes saw that he didn't get a single first team All Pro vote at quarterback this year, despite the fact he lost one regular season game. I think Patrick Mahomes watched from afar as there was a blood thirsty debate over whether Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson was the best player in football this season, and he wasn't included in a single one of those conversations. I think Patrick Mahomes saw the MVP finalists for NFL Honors and saw that not only was Kansas City chief not mentioned, he wasn't even considered. Patrick Mahomes has not been mentioned. Patrick Mahomes has not been considered, and Patrick Mahomes has not been voted in any of these postseason awards where it's just littered with Ravens and Bills and Eagles.
Speaker 2: I also think Patrick.
Speaker 4: Mahomes might have read or heard a few narratives about the officiating and how the Chiefs get the benefit of the call, and that he gets the benefit of the call. So much so that I think Patrick Mahomes Mahomes, a player who does not need any extra motivation, had extra motivation yesterday and has extra motivation now. For Patrick Mahomes to tweet the meme of Kermit, who many say he sounds like sipping the tea after the game, it tells me he saw it all, he read it all, and he.
Speaker 2: Absorbed it all.
Speaker 4: This is a different version of Mahomes. I think Patrick Mahomes, who is very happily married, has three wonderful chills LDN and has all the personal and team accolades you can imagine, is ready to perhaps wear the black hat. No quarterback has ever won three straight Super Bowls. Patrick Mahomes is now fourteen days away of saying he was that guy.
Speaker 2: And I think he likes the fact.
Speaker 4: That the NFL fans are against him, the NFL voters are against him, and maybe they think that this guy's been getting the benefit of the doubt. I like this version of Mahomes. It's almost like he's going to the dark side a little bit. He's leaning in, and I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: It's really well said, Peter, It's really well said.
Speaker 1: I want to say something, just go on the record now that we're going to next two weeks, we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: There is a widespread sentiments going into these games and coming out of him that please, like Josh Allen, be the hero, not for the Buffalo Bills, but for the planet Earth, for the United States, for every football fan.
Speaker 2: Please beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: And you can pull up every Internet joke about and you show the country and who they're rooting for this time. Little thing in Missouri and Kansas is rooting for the Chiefs and everyone else is rooting against them openly.
Speaker 2: I do not feel that way. I do not agree with that. I am a.
Speaker 1: Bills enthusiast of sorts, but there is no part of this as the Chiefs. I'm sick of it. And if you're looking for that from this show, certainly from me. Don't come to me for that. I do not feel that way. I am not here to say that, here to say I have huge respect for a quarterback who.
Speaker 2: Is seventeen and three in the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs, in playoff games, who has won nine straight playoff games, nine straight. That is the fifth straight win this team in This quarterback is having the playoffs by single digits. That's the longest streak in NFL history. Patrick Mahomes has seventeen playoff wins. He's already halfway pretty much to Brady's record, and he's still in his twenties. I am not gonna come here and say they suck. They're the dark Empire, this evil dynasty. No, no, no, no, This is the inevitable stage of any dynasty. You always reach this. And if you're screaming about officials, go ahead and do it. If it makes you feel better, I bet it makes you feel worse. The Patriots, they finally got to their cheaters. The Yankees bought all their championships, and the Chiefs get all the calls.
Speaker 2: From the referees. That is how it is.
Speaker 1: You can't really find the dynasty where it doesn't something creep up like that. Just the best part is if they drive you crazy, though, if you really hate the Chiefs, and you're hating me right now for saying this, at some point they will lose. At some point, someone's gonna get them. I don't know when, and I don't know who, but when they do, it will be historic. It will be so satisfying for you, the hater, that they finally got them, and it's like Goldberg's unconscious and they spray paint nWo across his chest. It'll be the most glorious win. And then you'll have your moment. Someone will get them, Okay. And of course, of course I'm a human being. I talked about the NFL for a living. I would have liked to see something fresh. Of course, of course we've talked a lot about the cheese, We've talked a lot about the Eagles. Something fresh to chew on and to talk about. But you know what I respect about the Chiefs. They don't give a damn. They don't care that you're sick of them or that I want something fresh, or that people are bored with them. They're embracing it. We don't, Kevin, Damn. We're gonna win anyway, and I have to respect them. You might hate them, you might not even respect them. I respect them and I respect We're seeing two teams in the super Bowl but no one wanted. Who are combined thirty four and five and we'll probably have a hell of a game. That's where I come out. If you're coming from the Chiefs hate for me, I'm not giving it to you. I have nothing but respect, you know. I sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 2: I've go p'vin early on the Chiefs run.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I've picked them to win the super Bowl. The years they've won the Super Bowl, I picked them in the Super Bowl. Before this season, the Bills fans have been chirping a lot at me because I had the Jets winning the AFC East. This year, the Bills fans have been very vocal. The Bills fans had America behind them, Kyle, in many ways, you've been a voice for the Bills fans too. Do you have a message to those fans who are hurt and watching at home today.
Speaker 1: Just keep throwing punches guys, what are you gonna do? Keep throwing punches? You didn't have it this year. Listen, it's tough, and Isaiah I do Nobody wants to hear that. They just went into Kansas City. They outrushed them, They made Mahomes make a few mistakes, they didn't miss a kick and they still lost. So Cheez didn't turn the ball over. No, it's like, what can we do? And Bills Fans is sitting there this morning, be like, I don't know how else we're going to do this thing. And my last note, if you're looking for me to come here on this morning, anybody, just say it's time to look at Sean McDermott. You're bleeping crazy. You are nuts. You are not say like Sean McDermott. You were just in the title game. Do you remember what it used to be like? You remember what it was like before McDermott. It was a wasteland. You guys had nothing. You were just you can't beat the Chiefs. So should they fire John Harbaugh too? They just fire everybody who's not Andy Reid. Ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I know everyone's emotional and reactionary. If you're coming for.
Speaker 1: Sean mcdermot's had you need to check your own Okay, that's my message this morning, Isaiah.
Speaker 5: Please, yeah, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 2: Now, he is one heck of a coach.
Speaker 5: And if you guys have any questions in regards to his ability to coach, go listen to the postgame interview where Andy Reid gave him nothing but respect. That dude knows how to coach. He keeps put them in a position to go out against Patrick Mahomes and try to get the win. Obviously it didn't happen yesterday, but you know, I think they're gonna have to continue to channel their inner apocalypto right now because right now, all you can continue to say is they call you almost right. And I hate to say that for the Buffalo Bills, but right now, that's all you can do is call them almost And they have done what they can do. During the regular season. They can they have done what they can do. In the postseason. They've done what they can do in terms of acquisitions. You guys, remember they went back in and got Amari Cooper to be able to be in these situations to help put them over the edge. But they still are going to be referred to as almost it wasn't enough. I think we need to invite them out their whiteboard Wednesdays because they have to continue to try to find what is that next edge we can We don't have the wisdom of an Andy Reid, right, we don't have the wisdom of a spagnolia. So we need to continue to add players. Where are we failing at that we keep coming up short against this regime? And I don't know what it is right now, but I know that they're gonna have to go back and find out exactly what spot can be filed and what exactly is going to put them way over the edge to ensure that they have the best possible chance to be going to the super Bowl because coming up short, as you see from Josh Allen, it is wearing on them emotionally.
Speaker 3: I like that quote that Mahomes had after the game, just in reference to I'm nowhere near Tom Brady. I'm going to do everything I can to inch closer to what Brady accomplished from a super Bowl perspective. I have to imagine Andy Reid feels the same about Bill Belichick and what he can do. In the All Time List conversation, if we're going to talk about Sean McDermott and how great he is, Big Red, you are awesome. You are back in a super Bowl again, and you just continue to make history and move your name up that list, and once again you got to go against your former team. A lot more to talk about here on GMFBE that was just the AFC side of things. Don't worry, we got you. We got you Eagles fans, Commanders fans. Maybe we can write you a love letter as well. After the season that you had that was awesome. You got yourselves a quarterback, you got yourselves a great coach. We're going to look at Jayden Daniels, dan Quinn. The future is brighton DC. But also if the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Move on, Pap I didn't give a game ball after weekend like that, you get the team together in the locker room, you hold up the ball and says, I want to give it to this guy. It's a tough, tough choice, but that's what they bring us in for, folks, we got to make them right after this, we're handing them out.
Speaker 2: It's not going to Jaydan Daniels, but maybe that.
Speaker 1: Guy, maybe someone tackling Jayon Daniels or maybe some of the AFC.
Speaker 2: Who would you give your game ball to? Right after this? Good mon football?
Speaker 1: All here we go NFC title game, all this bill up to those two quarterbacks, I think maybe you might have predicted the Eagles could be there.
Speaker 2: Beginning of the season.
Speaker 1: One was saying Washington though, but after an incredible drive to start three to zero, this is the first play from the scrimmage for the Eagles, and he gone trying to think of a running back. In the last decade, it's been as fun to watch a Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, Derek Henry has been amazing. There's been some great ones. I just to watch watch. I used to love watching Levy on Bell. But Saquon right now doing a fantastic thing. Fifty five twenty three.
Speaker 1: They went by a lot and afterwards the losing quarterback, Jaydon Daniels, did not hope back about his disappointment.
Speaker 2: They put a banner up obviously.
Speaker 8: Man it sucks, man, it sucks. Excuse my language, but just I come be proud of the guys in the locker room. You know, just year one, everybody not really knowing each other. Rookie the best of the tremendous job of you know, bringing us in and helping us out, and we all just meshed and you know, we got to this point. But at the end of the day, man, you know, we lost it. It sucks, but we'll move on from this.
Speaker 3: You didn't see that version of Jaydon Daniels a lot this season. It's because the commander is their offense. Their team was awesome to watch for that rookie quarterback. He could have made history.
Speaker 2: Comes up short.
Speaker 3: We have never seen a rookie quarterback start a Super Bowl. We will not this season. It's Eagles Chiefs. But let's take a minute and look at what Washington was able to accomplish. Or Peter, if you want to go the other direction with he goes you cab. But we got some time to spend here with Washington where the future is really bright at the quarterback spot.
Speaker 4: I think this was a really cool ride and a really special team. But I do think they are going to be everybody's bandwagon squad going into next year because for good reason, they have huge salary cap availability where they can actually bring in more skill position players in a year that has a lot of attractive free agents at wide receiver and tight end. You also mentioned that Jaden Daniels he played well yesterday. They turned the ball over a bunch. Jaden Daniels was great yesterday.
Speaker 2: You're a Commander's fan. Life is good.
Speaker 4: One more note, Cliff Kingsbury and Daniels had this incredible connection. Cliff did not interview for any of these jobs. He wasn't asked to interview for some and the ones that thinks and I'm going to wait until after our season, well their season went into basically February, and those.
Speaker 2: Jobs are filled, so he's coming back.
Speaker 4: There's a lot to like about this Commander's team.
Speaker 2: The one note I will make not that it was lightning in a.
Speaker 4: Bottle, but it was really cool to see like Bobby Wagner get another shot at almost getting to it Super Bowl and Zach Ertz almost.
Speaker 2: Getting to another Super Bowl. Even some guys.
Speaker 4: Who aren't in the same class as that as far as years in the league, but like Austin Eckler, we don't know if he's ever going to get this far again in his career. And players that we have learned to love from those Chiefs teams and.
Speaker 2: Wiley and Ala Ghretti.
Speaker 4: This is a really good team that's made of young players but also veterans. But I think with the way that Adam Peters built this thing this year and the salary cap room they have going into next year, they're going to be an attractive free agent destination.
Speaker 2: They will be better on paper next year.
Speaker 4: Now, can they catch that lightning in a bottle and win all those hail marry games and the walk offs?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's really hard to be great two years in a row and you're one of these upstart teams. But they will have a better roster.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of free agents are going to want to play there, and they're going to spend money in the offseason.
Speaker 5: I completely agree with you, and I know so because of Dan Quinn. And I know we're going to talk about the salary cap for the Washington Commanders. I know we're going to talk about the new leadership and the ownership, and you know how you have the blend between young players and veteran players. Listen up. All those things are true, but the culture that they have now instilled in Washington is going to be what attracts all the free agents to that market and to that team. Jayden Daniels is going to be the one who attracts these guys to this team. You think about it, when the most important, the biggest game of the year, the person who had the most receptions was zach Ertz, the person who is most likely closer to the end of their career that anybody else on their roster. Zach Ertz was your number one leading receiver yesterday. So you think about the room that they have to grow and the acquisitions that they're going to be able to have, not only on the offense side of the ball, but the defense where dan Quinn loves to live. These guys are going to be a problem and they're not gonna have to rely on Hill Mary's to put them in situational games next year, because these guys are going to have a roster that's substantially better than what they have right now.
Speaker 1: You know that it was reported during the game they had dan Quinn's pregame message to the commanders, and it really fired me up, and it's just like perfect coaching rhetoric. Dan Quinn's message was that guys, we're not playing with house money. We're playing for rent money, and rent is dude, and I was like, yeah, nal, he delivered it so well, right, No, he's absolutely stuck the landing during the broadcast, and it's a vintage dan Quinn thing.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm tempted to say it's coach talk. You're playing with house money and you know it. You got this crazy run. Fine, the season is over.
Speaker 1: But I'm always reminded this time of year that there is a great myth in the NFL, and that myth is, as a young great quarterback, you'll get yours.
Speaker 2: Eventually, you'll be back. That's nonsense, guys.
Speaker 1: That's to say that the Jayden Daniels commanders will be some sort of mainstay late in the playoffs is naive. It's very naive. It happens all the time. I remember a few years ago this heartbreaking loss in the Super Bowl for Joe Burrow. Oh, someone of his talent, he'll get his he'll be back, Willie, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Even somebody last year brock Purty loses an overtime and it's like, well, you're part of that forty nine ers machine. You'll be are you sure, brock Perty When you get a shot, you cash it in. It doesn't matter if you're a rookie or in your twentieth season. Look, I'll go further back. A guy who actually won one, Aaron Rodgers is standing on the podium with Clay Matthews and a heavyweight belt as the confetti falls, and it's like, how many will Rogers win? He never even got back to the game. And it's probably the most talented quarterback.
Speaker 2: Ever before him was Marino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marino gets when really young, never makes it back. So I'm tempted to say, yeah, it's house money, they'll you don't know. You don't know injuries, you don't know the opposition. I think dan Quinn was right as hard as he tried to sell that message of let's cash it in now.
Speaker 2: We may never be back. They may never be back. It's not just this assured thing.
Speaker 1: Well, well, their quarterback is good and they have a coach you everyone likes. So I'm sure you're positive in the long term future of this ownership group and this GM group, Like, we love what they did this year, Now do it again. It's way, way, way, way harder. There's nothing as assured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just ask Jalen Hurts. He's the first quarterback to go back to Super Bowl after losing his first year, which Jim Kelly did it. So if you look no further than just in that division and how challenging this could be, Kyle, I thought you were going to go that the allure is off the fact they like, don't just.
Speaker 2: Think that all rich quarterbacks could be.
Speaker 3: Like that, because what Jayde and Daniels did just as a rookie is remarkable.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is remarkable. And Jamie brought up like one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: There's a streak that people love on the internet that if you lose your first Super Bowl as quarterback, you will never make it back. Now, the first person to do it after Jim Kelly started with Stan Humphreys in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: And I can name all the names.
Speaker 1: Everybody can carry Collins to Colin Kaepernick, Donovan McNabb did, Jared Goff to Joe but Chris Chandler, so many of them. That streak is now over. Jalen Hurts just finally broke the streak. It's an amazing thing that he did. And we'll talk about Jalen Hurts a lot in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, Jane Daniels can sit here and say I had the best rookie season in NFL history for a quarterback. It's an amazing, amazing year. But still no rookie ever to start the Super Bowl ever, Shadur you're up, buddy.
Speaker 2: Go get him.
Speaker 3: Come on, and I venture a guess. Despite how magical he was, and Jane Daniels did get a couple of our game balls this season. He does not get one from over the weekend from Championship Sunday. I have a prop we will give these out. It is game ball on gmf FE. This was handed to me live in the middle of the segment because I don't think you understand what we're doing unless I'm holding the ball.
Speaker 2: Can oh God, look in front of mockle game balls. Let's go.
Speaker 3: That trophy looks awesome because there's a golden crusted ball sitting right on top of it.
Speaker 2: It's like this, but instead we go.
Speaker 3: Game balls or a conference championship edition.
Speaker 2: I'm going to follow the rules.
Speaker 3: I think Isaiah, you're first, all right, I will take.
Speaker 5: This hut all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go like this.
Speaker 5: My first game ball goes to probably the man that everybody's gonna say or what normally say, and that is Patrick Mahomes. And the reason why Patrick Mahomes gets his ball is because he's just a dude and he does at every single year. Not only does he do it through the air like everybody talks about most of the time, but yesterday he did majority of it with his legs. This dude was on the ground eleven times forty three yards two tunnies with his legs.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 5: Then he also had eight different receivers they threw the ball to on twenty five different passes. This dude was not only dispersing the ball, but he was utilizing his legs and make the plays however they need to win ball games. They put it in his hands that he always comes through me.
Speaker 4: Peter, Well, if you're gonna go offense, I'm gonna go defense. And I might get emotional here and I wouldn't be the only guy to do it, because last night I was living and dying on every Chris Jones tier that we saw during the anthem. We start this off and Chris Jones is so emotional that he's crying no Sean moreno, like tears right there to goa and then in the biggest game, of the season. Chris Jones was simply unblockable. He was unbelievable last night. That defensive line had Josh Allen sawd on these short yardage plays, and Jones is the.
Speaker 2: Anchor of it all. He is the third of me Goo.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna say it's Mahomes and Kelsey, Chris Jones is there every step of the way this entire run.
Speaker 2: And then after the game, there he was again, crying, Chris Jones, stone cold. We see you, We appreciate you. What a fine player.
Speaker 4: You are, maybe the most underrated chief of this era. Chris Jones, a dominant defensetive player who made his presence felt and got quite emotional during the whole deal.
Speaker 3: Most accessible tiers in the NFL. That's what Chris Jones takes away from the weekend, from the postseason. My game ball goes to a rookie on defense with Philadelphia Eagles and Quinjon Mitchell. Last week on this show, I did a top five Jaden Daniels plays, and frankly it could have been top five Jane Daniels and Terry McLaurin. Look at what Quinnon Mitchell did against Terry McLaurin. Four times only. He was targeted on thirty six routes ran by the Star Commander's wide receiver. He had one catch good for seven yards, and one of those balls was picked off in the end zone by Quinnon Mitchell and the staff that you do not see listed on that screen. After this pick was celebrations mocked one because Quinnon Mitchell did the peekaboo that Terry McLaurin likes to do, and then the Saquon Everyone freaked out because he did the Saquon celebration. But after Quinnyon went up and got this ball, like a wide receiver, he pops up and Terry McLaurin, whether or he was trying to be say, he does the peekaboo, and he did it right over top of seventeen.
Speaker 2: He took that ball.
Speaker 5: That is mine.
Speaker 3: I am a rookie. You're playing like a sophomore, Quinnyon Mitchell, you may very well be when this thing is all said and done, the greatest player to.
Speaker 4: Come out of the MAC.
Speaker 2: We'll see it's a good game.
Speaker 1: But I'm just watching that this is this rookie defensive back who's part of this Eagles machine. I know Mahomes has one nine straight playoff games. The Eagles are so good, they are so talented and so deep. I am so excited for this game. I'm into it. I'm ready. How long do we have to wait? Thirteen days or something like that. All right, I'm going to get my game ball to Saquon Barkley because we've talked a lot this year about what clubs he joins and what honors he earns. He's in the two thousand yard club. He's a win away from joining another club, and that's a very exclusive club.
Speaker 2: Of running backs who have carried their teams.
Speaker 1: To Super Bowl champions Stamp championships. It's very rare when it's like the running back is the guy.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I was looking at it.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about you might want to say Marshawn on Seattle. That was the legion of boom. That was really what jumped out from them. Jerome Bettis was late in his career when they won it. He wasn't the superstar in that team. I would go so all the way back to Terrell Davis as the number one guy for Old John l Way to win them back to back Super Bowls, and he was the guy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's the show. That's the number one threat. That's the guy we have to stop. You watch Saquon and as much as you love Jalen and AJ Brown, et cetera, he is the guy. He is the best player I think on their team and any position on either side of the ball.
Speaker 2: And all he has done is show up for.
Speaker 1: His first extended playoff run ever and just been absolutely electric. He waited all of ten seconds to bust his latest sixty plus yard run.
Speaker 2: Saquon another really cool club. Await.
Speaker 1: You haven't think we've seen it since TD was mile high saluting. Now you go to New Orleans, see if you can finish this thing. Game ball Saquon Barkley number twenty six.
Speaker 3: I like that force hug between Saquon. He's like, no wide receivers, you will hug me. You love me, I help us all all right? The Eagles are going to New Orleans. They're playing in thirteen days. We're here for you still to come. Look at that first pass at the New Orleans Super Bowl poster Chiefs Eagles and Jalen Hurts gets the quarterback treatment up Top.
Speaker 2: Football. Every week on this show, we gave out our Coach of the Week award. And it's no different for this one.
Speaker 4: Just two weeks before Super Bowl, and the coach of the Week for the Conference Championship round is Big Red himself. All right, Andy Reid gets our award for Coach of the Week for getting back to the big game and doing it against his former team. And he'll have to do it for the second time in three years. Andy Reid started off as the coach of the Eagles and had many, many fine years. There's John Harbaugh Conference championship after conference championship, got to a Super Bowl, lost to the Patriots. Of course he had to o and McNab goes down there, ends with Philadelphia, comes back to Kansas City, and then sure enough goes and coaches against the Eagles two.
Speaker 2: Years ago in Arizona, his former.
Speaker 4: Team, and he would get the victim in that Super Bowl. Well, somehow, some way, you can't even write this stuff. To go and be the first head coach to ever have a three p to ever win three in a row, he'll have to bookend that three peat with a win over the Eagles, and then yet another win over the Eagles. He is currently the only head coach in the game who is even within breathing distance of the all time record for wins, but the rings might matter more. Andy Reid gets yet another team to the Super Bowl, and in less than two weeks we will find out if he is the first ever NFL head coach to win three awesome great.
Speaker 2: Sherry Burris, big Red's going back. Where's the show will be to celebrate?
Speaker 4: I think he said it was a gut wrenching win, and I'm someone who knows about a gut.
Speaker 2: I'm like, jeez, Andy even throwing a joke in the biggest of moments.
Speaker 4: But in all seriousness, what an amazing for an amazing man and an amazing coach.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid, big Red's going back to the big days.
Speaker 10: Yes, he has been so spectacular to watch and more from that game, as Casey won defensive end, Charles and many you capped an emotional comeback he suffered to an ACL in last year's AFC Championship game. He spoke with our Sarah Walsh after the win about getting yet another chance to finally play in a Super Bowl title game.
Speaker 3: Charles, a year ago, in this game, you tore your ACL.
Speaker 2: A year later, you are back. You are going back to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Bruh. God is so good. God is so good to be able to make plays to help the team win. And that's all I wanted.
Speaker 2: I just told myself, like I remember when I was in.
Speaker 9: My Green Love Soup Jump Soup, and I was saying, to look like somebody not going super I had no idea, I told my ahl. Now I can look at the camera and say, do it look like somebody had not played in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I am God is good. Bro.
Speaker 9: Much love to Chief Kingdom seem Boilers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you said how tough it was to watch them play that game without you.
Speaker 2: What's it going to be like in two weeks before it?
Speaker 9: I don't even I've never played the game that big, so I'm it's gonna before it, man. But it's been my dream, says being like coming to the lead to play in the biggest stage and to help a team, helping organization make history.
Speaker 2: We gotta do it.
Speaker 10: That's why we love the game. I actually spoke to him last year at media day just before he had his ACL surgery.
Speaker 2: He was not that animated.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you still to come though the place from Championship.
Speaker 2: Weekend having us scratch our heads.
Speaker 10: What just happened more Good morning football on.
Speaker 3: The way guys, head Scratcher's time. Here we go from Sunday, Peter, what are you thinking about still?
Speaker 4: You know, I think a lot of people are talking just about what you just mentioned Kelsey and Swift and how it's been overexposed and we're sick of them. And I was like, all right, Travis didn't have the biggest game, and yet he's on the podium afterwards they give him the microphone. I'm like, all right, maybe he's just a little bit like lower key and maybe just kind of like taking it all in.
Speaker 2: It might be his last one. We don't know, maybe a different.
Speaker 4: Wiser, older, more reserved, almost Travis Kelcey. Here was Travis Kelcey on the podium. I thought it was It was actually really interesting.
Speaker 11: All right, before you gots get out of here, just do a little.
Speaker 5: Make a little love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get down tonight.
Speaker 1: How badly did Jim nance want to grab that microphone and look at the camera.
Speaker 2: Go and get down tonight and Jim make a little love.
Speaker 3: They did not, It is yeah, they did not pan back to his girlfriend going like this like oh no.
Speaker 5: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: One followed it up very well for you. Mine comes from that game as well. A couple of minutes prior. We have a gentleman, an athlete that could have played in the NFL and been one of the greatest quarterbacks ever or played professional baseball, attempting to do a spike that went wrong.
Speaker 2: If only there was a machine.
Speaker 3: Guys that we had, that could tell us how strong this spike could have been. Patrick Mahomes, what are you doing? You punched this in That ball was supposed to go into the ground.
Speaker 2: It did not.
Speaker 3: It looked like a professional fastball. Huzzah, he tweets after the game. Mahomes gets on X I also apologize. That is why I don't try to spike the ball. I think if you're Mahomes and you're winning all these super Bowls, you're going for a three peat.
Speaker 2: Isaiah, I think he's.
Speaker 3: Just been like, no, no, I I was meant this for a one hundred millars fastball. It wasn't supposed to be a spike. What are you guys doing? We would have bought it. Why did you give yourself up?
Speaker 2: Mahomes?
Speaker 3: That's my head scratcher.
Speaker 2: You don't don't tell me why.
Speaker 5: That's why the fall through was nice though.
Speaker 2: You see the back lag come up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, say the baseball background for sure. Not so much in the game, but after the game, right, everybody finds out exactly who's going to be the matchup for the Super Bowl. And then you wait on the poster, right, everybody wants to see it exectly what the market is going to be? What is the matchup poster? Let's let's go ahead and take a look. This one has my hands scrap I they.
Speaker 4: Had just changed his by the way, I definitely just change it.
Speaker 5: When you guys look at it.
Speaker 2: Look at the Philadelphia Eagles side.
Speaker 5: Okay, obviously all right, you got Jalen Hurst, Yeah you got sa Quand okay, yeah Brown, big play slave. I have no beef there. I have no beef with big play Slave. But I do have bea with the fact that Zach bonm Come, the defensive MBPS Canada, is not in this poster. How hell say? How slay? I don't know, but I know that zag vond he's earned his way. Just add him right right above the Eagle.
Speaker 2: He deserves to be on that post qualifies it.
Speaker 3: How dare they?
Speaker 2: How do they eliminate bond that.
Speaker 1: Is such a good take. That is such a great take. We should actually remedy, if only for our show. We should have Bond on the poster.
Speaker 2: And we love Slay.
Speaker 1: All right, Frankie Luvu is still diving over the egles off but he's still doing it.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: This is the almost unbelievable sequence that happened late in this game.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 1: The Eagles are about to punch one in and watch Lubu on the left. He keeps trying to do the Polo malu and he keeps mistiming it, and so they flag him and they flag him and they flag him, and it just no matter how many times they flag them, it kept doing it.
Speaker 2: So then the official makes this announcement. Here's announcement number one.
Speaker 11: Encroachment defense number four Washington has been worn.
Speaker 2: The dot fowl is intentionally done again.
Speaker 5: It will be an unsportsmanlike conduct fole.
Speaker 2: For now it's top to.
Speaker 5: The east of the goal and it is still second down.
Speaker 2: All right, makes sense.
Speaker 1: You keep doing that, it's gonna be on sports from like conduct. Well, they keep jumping off sides. They're just trying to stop them, and there's nothing really the officials can do because the ball is already on the goal line, so the next announcement blew everybody's mind and lit up every text chain in America.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Approachman Defense number ninety three. Washington has been advised that at some point, the referee can award a score if this type of behavior act happens again.
Speaker 5: For now, it's a replay of second down.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, did you say they could award a score.
Speaker 1: No one in the world I've ever heard of or met, has ever heard of the official saying touchdown even though you didn't score one. However, Rule twelve, Section three, Article two speaks of an a palpably unfair act in which the ball is already on the goal line, and let's say, for example, the defense has nothing to lose, so they decide to just grab the receivers on every play, because what are they going to do penethalize with yardage. No, the referees reserve the right the officials do, just say enough of this touchdown, get off the field. I don't know how they score it. I don't know who gets credit for the touchdown, but people started texting and talking about it.
Speaker 2: Has this ever happened before in the NFL? Okay, now, hold on.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, they have never awarded a touchdown for one that wasn't scored. But it has happened at the college level. And hold the video tape in the nineteen fifty four Cotton Bowl. This is Rice versus the bart Star Alabama Crimson Tide.
Speaker 2: It happened, and you will not believe.
Speaker 1: How it happened. And we have the video tape. Show me the nineteen fifty four Cotton Bowl. You're gonna see Rice's Dicky Magel is gonna break a run against Alabama down the sidelines. A legendary will watch forty seven. Watch what happens on this play. You will not believe it happens.
Speaker 2: Three two, one.
Speaker 1: Oh whoaou That is Tommy Lewis off the sideline, taking him out with a hit and.
Speaker 2: Then going right than that eventually nothing.
Speaker 1: So again, Dicky Magle's in the clear, he's going to score, and Tommy Lewis, who is on the bench, not on the pitch, makes a beautiful tackle which actually injured Magel.
Speaker 2: The official said touchdown.
Speaker 1: They called it a touchdown for a palpably unfair act. And this, as far as we know, is the last time this has ever been called in any level of football game, never NFL, but the fifty four Cotton boll. Later Tommy Lewis, who just ran off the sideline, would say, I was just too full of Alabama to let him do.
Speaker 2: Who from the production staff helped you find that Bill Henschell and all his married men and women.
Speaker 1: That's what Dicky Magle rice howse Look how proud.
Speaker 5: He is when he gets back to the THI yeah, I did that, Yeah I did that.
Speaker 2: All right? Do you come three?
Speaker 5: Two,