Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty seven, episode four of Days.
Speaker 2: Stay production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take good deep dab into America's air consciousness.
Speaker 2: And it is Thursday February twenty ninth, twenty twenty four, February twenty ninth. There's no such thing as February twenty ninth. I will not I will not acknowledge it, but I guess this national day calendar will It's also National toast day. Man is getting the short shrift. It's the last Thursday in February. Oh it's not. Okay, here's one that is National time Refunday. That happened. Okay, that was Yeah, that just happened. Oh no, dude. It's sponsored by H and R block fuck never mind, fuck you. But hey, it's also a national leap Day H and I block h.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck out of here, helping me do my complicated texts or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't get paid today nationally. It's nationally.
Speaker 1: Your company is probably not paying you today if you're on salary, so fuck you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get to it. All right, Well, this episode's ending. Yeah, so that's been nice. Fuck off. My name's Jack O'Brien aka, Oh no fontinelle boy, y'all went up and touched it. Oh no fontanelle boy, y'all went up and touched it. Oh no fontanelle boy. Y'all went up and touched it. Y'all went up and touch it. Man, y'all went up and touched it. That is part to see a fighter of the knife man, in reference to the fact that that the fontanelle, the beautifully named part of the babyhead that isn't formed yet on baby spot gives me, gives me the the call of the void. Just don't don't bring that baby around me until it's skull is lest I pick that baby's head up like a bowling ball with my phone like that. There's something that just makes me want to tom thumb that bring this kid into a finger pumping. I don't agree with that. I won't do it, but there will be something in some electricity coursing through my nerves telling me to do that. Ship. I feel like that's like a thing a four year old could like. I remember like in Japan there's like shog screens, like the white paper screens that you see like and it's really delicate and I was always told it's really to don't put your fingers in it because you'll break it. First thing I did was went right through, push right through that ship. Yeah. I feel like as a kid, I wouldn't know and would probably just be you know, I don't know. You ever see a rotten spot on an apple and just push your thumb right in there?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: I get actually ask me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is gross, that's disgusting, and I can't stop. I can't help myself, folks, void, I like to eat that part first.
Speaker 3: And what is a baby's skull but a rotten apple? You know, everyone is afraid to say.
Speaker 2: It coming out. There's probably a worm in there somewhere, you know. They don't give a fuck. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gras. Yes, Miles Gray, the Lord of Lancersham, the Showgun with No Gun. It's Miles Gray. And I was just thinking of that show Sholgon that's about to come on Fox. That's supposed to be an epic U Japanese shogun tale.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, that was That was one of those novels my dad was like, oh man, yeah, this book.
Speaker 2: Man, that is all dad ass book. Yeah that and Dune. This is a big moment for my dad. My dad loved Dune and Shogun. Oh really yeah, oh so it's dude, all praise to your dad, man, praise he's living this dream. I love that. I love that well, Miles. Yeah, by the way, Shogun. Both of those things getting great reviews like yeah, doo too too too, don too too done too too. In good reviews. There was something about like the interesting, like fawning over like Islamic sort of aesthetic that's in Dune too. That was people were like, oh, this is this is something to keep an eye on. Yeah yeah, yeah, well we all do without you know, acknowledging it or yeah, purely aesthetic, keeping ship aesthetic. Oh yeah, no thematic elements. Please, no thematic elements, just like the robes. I like you to pastiche without any intellectual content. Think you when's do when's Duntu come out? To do too? Is coming out in March? I think it's a matter of weeks. Okay, no way to know. I can tell our guest is actually looking it up. It's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's tomorrow, yeah, I think actually yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so it actually doesn't come out.
Speaker 2: It only comes out once or before four years.
Speaker 1: Uh Miles, We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very talented writer, stand up comedia podcast host of The Bechdel Cast, which takes down the patriarchy one movie at a time.
Speaker 2: They also happened to have a master's degree in film Ever masters.
Speaker 3: Mention it, but yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of film master? The most anagrammable name in the English language, So you know, they might be known to you as Latin dancer U t I, but to us they will always be nine tit tracking AKA for coming on? Are you what? What movie are you hyped for this that's about to come out soon? Not Dune two, not don Dune two? Uh huh not due to others, as they would have done to you.
Speaker 3: I try to watch the first one. I've found it a little slow, a little sorry everybody, sorry, not sorry, but uh, I mean I'll eventually see both. I think I just I think they've re released Dune one in theaters, and I think I just need to go and plant my ass there and say channel yeah. So I can't look at my phone or get up and do something else. So I'm going to do that and then maybe I'll see Dune too. I don't know, but I'm not that high for it. What am I excited for? H what has even coming out?
Speaker 2: Have we talked about Wonka yet?
Speaker 3: I feel I think we did.
Speaker 2: Maybe, But you are you are one of the foremost Paddington and Paddington two scholars, and Wonka obviously from from the mind, from the sick, twisted mind that brought me Paddington to comes Wonka. What did you think?
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was good?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, take that got No, I thought it was It needed like at least more like two to three more drafts of the script, oh.
Speaker 2: And two to three more adorable Paddington bears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's put some more Paddington's in there.
Speaker 2: Could have hired someone to do a couple of passes on that, maybe some of the master's degree.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, someone who the academic world has put their minds together and said this, well, this is a master right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, right, So they missed that opportunity. As far what am I excited about? What is coming out? A Venom movie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: If you have to write brain then there's nothing that I think the joker too French words. What did you think, Caitlin of the Glasgow, Scotland experience known as Willie's Chocolate Fact Experience. Did you see that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Wait? What someone did like a janky bait and switch sort of like pop up museum exhibit for like kids in Glasgow and it was supposed to Willy Wonka themed and it was absolute trash garbage nothing festival with a box of literal there's a box of spoons inexplicably like on the ground is I guess it was like if it was like.
Speaker 3: A firefest was a chocolate exhibition.
Speaker 1: It was like if the characters from tran Spotting tried to put on experience.
Speaker 2: It was like kind of the.
Speaker 3: Feeling Yeah, okay, okay, well that would explain the spoons. Yeah, because don't you heat it up?
Speaker 1: Heroin spoon they had she nailed to the wall that like had a cupcake painted on them and looked like they were from like the late eighties. Damn it wasn't It wasn't great, And like I guess a lot of kids were crying too. But here, wait, let me show you some of the pictures because I think it's worth showing you what was promised and what was delivered. I know we talked about in this last episode, but it's I can't stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: Uh. These are the These are the AI images they made to sell tickets, right, Okay, Okay, they'll be they'll be carchy tons and sweet teas, Okay. And then this is what they got.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I would cry to.
Speaker 2: Look at This is a woman in a green wig, smoky bar eyes who look like there.
Speaker 3: Well, that's going to tie back to my when we get there, my recent internet search.
Speaker 1: It's going to all right, goddamn, all right, Well we are going to get to know you a little bit better and ask you what your Internet search is, et cetera. But before we do that, just just a little tease. This is what we call them, the industry of teams, to tell you what we're gonna be talking about later on. We're gonna be talking about this clown Trump, the Orange buffoon, this fucking guy.
Speaker 2: Uh, I haven't heard that he got.
Speaker 3: He's in a lot of debt.
Speaker 2: We're actually really worried about him. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about Leap Day being surprisingly controversial. I personally think it is a massive missed opportunity for scammers at this point. I don't know. We'll have to see what scammers do this year, but it feels like they should be exploiting this because Leap Day does occupy this magical place in our imagination right where we're like, yeah, no, leap Day. You can't can't sign a contract on leap Day. Oh then that contract gonna be for twenty years, all that plenty more. But first, Kaylin Drante, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a series of searches. It's much as one search. I was going on an adventure.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're on a journey.
Speaker 3: That's right, I am going to Europe a brag.
Speaker 2: No, I mean truly, like not a fake. You don't say that to impress us. You say that to impress upon us that you are experiencing a certain level of success. And I think that's important. Yes, yes, that's Tony Robbins quote. And I don't say that to impress you. I say that to impress upon you. And you're like, wow, cool shad rhetoric love shipthead rhetoric anyway. So you're doing some searches about old Europa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm going on tour, I'm doing some stand up comedy and there's also a Bectal cast told so everyone should come to those shows. But what I searched for was themed bars and or restaurants in the following cities Paris, Berlin, Copenhagen and Dublin because I love a themed bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I want to go.
Speaker 3: To them and see what they're like.
Speaker 2: Count did you find anything that render any results?
Speaker 3: Not as much as you would think, So I'm really hoping for the listeners to come through any recommendations. For example, like when I went to Brussels a few years ago, there's a Titanic themed restaurant. Wow, that's exactly what I'm talking about, right. There was a like eighties movie themed bar in Barcelona, but I went to and like all the drinks were named after like characters from Terminator or Back to the Future in dones and things like that. There's also a VHS copy of Titanic just sitting on the shelf of the bar. So like this, these are the places you would like.
Speaker 2: The Glasgow will chocolate just like this, movie came out like close to the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's why it ties back where you know, I'm afraid I'll end up in some like because like the Titanic themed restaurant in in Brussels, for example, was the Charlie Chocolate Factory Willy Wonka Glasgow, Scotland thing where it was not very well executed.
Speaker 2: It was all so fun.
Speaker 3: But I love that too, exactly like I and like the hokey or the better. I just want like a hokey, silly theme anywhere I'm going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wonder like in Paris, it feels like the place is like this is no Disneyland. You don't have the Home of Days offensive miles. That's me. That's last time I was there, I asked if they had a theme bar, and that's what they That's what they hit me. But I feel like also as an American, you'd go to like a b Strom Pairs like I love this like euro themed bar.
Speaker 1: I was gonna recommend clubs in Dublin. They have so many good themed bars, just Irish bars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well that's what kept coming up when it was like themed bar in Copenhagen, and it would be like here's this Irish themed pub and that's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that's out of here. Yeah, when you go to Europe, there's always a place for like UK people to feel comfortable. In whatever country you are, there's like always like a pub for expats somewhere, like no matter where you are, it's like, yeah, but Dublin the one thing.
Speaker 1: So live music at a bar in the US generally a bad time. Generally a guy his acoustic guitar and a story to tell.
Speaker 2: Highly depending on the city, depends on the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dublin is it's like these little you know, a lot of fiddles, a lot of like string instruments I can't really identify, and they just like get up there and kind of jam together and it's it's always a good time. I lived there for a semester. Oh what had A had a blast every time there was live music. I did have a baja blaky good to Berlin. I feel like is its own like theme, Like it's just I don't know, I feel like everything is John Wick for themed.
Speaker 2: I'm a producer, bab producer. Bay might yeah you do.
Speaker 1: You should talk to a super producer Bay about Berlin. Yeah, they will tell you about restaurants and bars that you might not be able to get into.
Speaker 2: You you probably will. I would never Bay talks about Berlin. It's like you guys, y'all are two square to get into this spot. Like I was partying with like a prime minister and like a dj on Heroin. I was like, what I want to go there? What is some thing, Kaylene? You think is underrated?
Speaker 3: I think that massage guns are underrated. I feel like people don't talk about them. I just got one. It's changing my life.
Speaker 2: Are you you do a lot of like you do a CrossFit or something.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, I'm into cross athlete.
Speaker 2: I got to get all that lactic you roll into you rolling your phonam rolling.
Speaker 3: I do have a pham roller, Oh wow, but I don't use it because it's hard and I don't know it hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the foam is not as fonmy as I would expect for from foam rollers.
Speaker 3: No mean, yeah, it's really cruel to you and you have to move your body still, whereas a massage gun you just kind of sit there.
Speaker 2: Did you have like a specific problem area that inspired it, or like some the way I got into one. I don't have one, but I remember I borrow. I kept borrowing my friends once they let me use it once, a kind of borrows for like three months, three years. But yeah, what what was your journey to the to the got into one and I one got into you exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I just you know, I not to try to impress you or impress upon you again. But yeah, I work out okay, but also my body is rapidly aging and deteriorating, so it hurts a lot to exercise. So my back and my hips and my legs and you know, everything just hurts all the time.
Speaker 2: I get. Yeah, well, shout out to massage guns the thing. Shout out to everything guns, right, I mean shoguns, Yeah, showguns guns, massage guns, just not the regular guns. Yeah, exactly, confetti guns, one of those shirt guns, shirt guns. Yeah, like the gun.
Speaker 1: I've been having this conversation because like, my children are obsessed with military things, and but you know, they are not obsessed with people dying. Yeah, they're just really into like the army phase army.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're going through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like the weapons, they like the you know, helicopters, but they don't want to kill people. So we're like, why don't we just like change it to be like water gun fights or like something strategic that we could just like get it, you know, get it over with.
Speaker 2: Ye do do a paintball gun?
Speaker 1: Because guns are great except for the fact that they kill people. They're but they're real fun. They really they look real fun on TV. They look real cool. I was obsessed with them when you're trying.
Speaker 2: To reroute, like reroute the the flood to go to a different plane and not all in on being like what all like what what caliber gun do you have? To like you, I don't know if is that possible, because like my my mom was the same way because like Japan there's no guns at all, and like I came home like drawing pictures of guns and ship and being like do we have a gun? How come we don't have a gun? And my dad always say like, well, if you have a gun, you're inviting gun problems into the house. And I was like, oh, that's very zen. Shout out to you. It's like that's what we got this bad. I've used that on my kids. Yeah. Yeah, But I don't know, like in American culture, I feel like it's just unavoidable on some level, like just guns are so normal. Yeah. I used it on my kids and my kids called it a bitch move. Guns create gun problems create Oh dad, that sounds like a bitch move. Wow, No you a Marcus? Okay do you sound like a Yeah, Caitlin, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: I might have said this before, and I am running out of thoughts and opinions, also because my brain along with.
Speaker 2: The rest of Yeah, have you done a massage gun on your brain? On your temple?
Speaker 3: Just like like chatter all my teeth and just break them, bite my tongue off. You know something I think is overrated is soup, just in general soup.
Speaker 2: Someone who's I feel like, two weeks ago, someone came in hot soup was overrated? Yeah, and we're talking this is pretty Is it filling or not? Yeah? So the one person came in I forget who, So that forgive me they're overrated was soup because it wasn't filling that you would have to drink or eat a lot of the soup for it to feel like a meal. Now what do you say to that?
Speaker 3: I know I agree because this is soup is my overrate? I think it's I think it's hot salty water with some.
Speaker 2: Ship in it.
Speaker 3: Like I don't like Okay, a little.
Speaker 2: Hot salty water with some ship in it. You yeah, you mean I'm gonna heat up this whatever. I just scoop out of the toilet.
Speaker 3: I just think it's a racket. I don't like broth. Yeah, there's just I find it to be a frustrating meal to eat. I don't think it's filling. I think broth is a racket. I do like a tomato bisk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're saying it's underrated over on the over the massage gun was underrated, dude. I'm my brain is racket, dude. I'm telling you the Massage Gun to the Temple aka the Hard Reset. I learned about it on the lad Factory. Reset your brain. Yeah, man, you just go, oh my damn, what is wrong with me? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had someone who said it was overrated. You should fight them. Yeah, my god, sorry, my brain it's well.
Speaker 2: Whoever that was, wasn't it More Birth? Maybe? I think it might have been mort Burke. Was it more or Joe to Agan? I think it was last week it was one of them.
Speaker 3: I have a new best friend because yeah. Anytime my friends are like, let's go get some soup, I'm like.
Speaker 1: To what end you're you have specific group of friends, though I've never had a friend come. Or maybe you just have more friends than me, but I've never had a friend suggest we go get soup.
Speaker 2: I've done that. Well, here's the thing. I liked the lobster bisk at Hamburger Hamlet in the Valley. I would always go there like that was like my fancy meal. I remember, like when I was something, do you say let's go get Hamburger Hamlet or do you say let's go get bisk And they're like what? And I remember I it gave me the worst gas. It's like to this day, my friends remember we call a Hamburger Hamlet when I fart really loud because it was so it was so intense. But I haven't had it since to be let's take a little trip down to a Biscayne Bay exactly. Then you like do a like thing you gesture with your hands like you're doing a coke reference. Yeah, but I really mean, just like, what are you doing a line? Now? Yeah? Yeah? How do you then fart a bunch? Yeah? Saturday night, get with it. I like soup that eats like a meal, you know, like a stew. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, I guess I just don't like anything like just like a thin chicken or beef bra Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel that. So yeah, when when I'm having soup for dinner, there's a part of me that's saying, this isn't. This isn't what I signed up for. This isn't. This don't count as a meal. This is a drink.
Speaker 3: You gave me drink for meal, hot salty drink, and who wants that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about smoothie for meal? It's a rare similar object from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, meal, It does not make I would say, yeah, I need.
Speaker 3: I need solid. I'm not a baby, a baby, rotten, apple headed baby, and I want solid, grown up tummy.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I will just yeah, just on principle, I will eat like something solid to go with a smoothie.
Speaker 2: Like I just said, this can't my body will not accept it. That's a full meal. Anyways. All right, we're all dealing with something today. Well, Caitlin, Greg, Greg getting to know you better. In that segment, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back and we're back. You can find me in all that at base platforms today he's a he doesn't know what sections check us out, Jack Boost Okay, fancy fancy, yeah, fancy. So Caitlin's overrated is Trump's debt? Yes as well? Wow, yeah, yeah, I love soup. Now.
Speaker 1: Actually today's story is soup and the over rated is Donald Trump got debt?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, that's right. I know where we are now, we're in the news miles of the news. Is this Trump guy? Yeah, you don't have as much money as usually. I mean, the thing is, I know when the like all these judgments we were passed down and we're like, oh, ship, that's a lot of money. You're like, all right, he'll figure something out. But like when you kind of dig into the amount of money, it's it's pretty mind boggling. And obviously, like the main focus for the last few weeks been on the primary and whether or not Nikki Haley will put a dent in that. Obviously it doesn't look that way at all. Look, but his legal bills are definitely where it's just sort of time. I mean, I've said the sums of money in passing when we've talked about these stories. But last week right, his lawyers tried to delay the bond payment while he appeals the judgment against him in the Egen Carrol defamation case. And his lawyers are like, dude, your on her, here's the deal. She's even said herself, like she's not pressed for cash. And also, Donald Trump is so rich, dude, he shouldn't even have to put the money up. That's how rich he is. You know he's good for it. The old you know he is good for it. They really just said they're established, and you know he's good for it. The Virginia nineteen sixty three, Sorry, what did you say? But like there was They essentially the argument was no need to secure the bond because he is already so rich. The judge basically said fuck off and denied the motion. But like New York's laws, right are make it especially hard for Trump to do this, like his usual bullshit maneuvers as he tries to appeal. Quote, under New York law, if a person wants to appeal a civil case ruling, they must first post a bond equal to one hundred and ten percent of the judgment. In this case, Trump would have to pay ninety one point six three million in order to appeal the Carol ruling. This also means that like with interest in the civil fraud trial, Trump oh would owe over four hundred and sixty four million. That's a lot of money. That's for somebody who like cashes checks for twenty five cents. Yeah, and obviously, like you know his supporters that we talked about the GoFundMe right at the time, like it got to maybe like six hundred thousand after like the first like two days or so, because they were trying to raise the like three hundred and fifty five million for the ANU ruling against him. Like six hundred thousand on a GoFundMe is a lot, Like that's pretty good. Well, hey, by ghost on the standards, hold on to your collective butts because cuz they're only at about one point two million dollars right now, and the momentum has clearly faded over the last few days, like they've only been able to cobble together like one hundred grand every two and a half days or something now. So it's like what does he do right his like his formal option, like a normal person would maybe go to a bonding company, like would be like they would put up the money for him. But since he is in trouble already for inflating his assets and lying about what he has, it doesn't seem like any bonding company with their shit together would get like be like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, cool, the guy who lies about what he's got, what do you need four hundred and sixty four million, Yeah, let's let's take a chance on that. And even if he was able to like cobble it all this money together, like at the peak of his powers in twenty twenty, the most he raised in a month from supporters was one hundred and seventy million, which I'm like saying, that's all he raised, but that's startling.
Speaker 1: That was right after the electual was under attack from the Big Why and the Big Steal, So I mean that was I think they think he cleaned him out. They were given all they could at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was like apparently like if you look at the like the money right now, he would need to three x that shit to be able to get through this, because you know, there's like a thirty day period in which he has to pay this money. The mainstream media, from everything I'm reading, the the sort of position they're taking is like, hey, it's looking pretty bad. Look like this is this might be it for him financially, but like, I don't know what does that mean will to affect his ability to run for president? Or I mean on some level, right, because they say he's got like a few hundred million potentially in cash, but a lot of his businesses require cash to run. So it's like if you if you vaporize all that liquidity, then like they're just going to create a domino effect for all these other businesses. So does he have to sell a ton of shit? What is going to happen? I'd like, and we've already seen that, like the RNC. Also, it's not like a foregone conclusion that they're gonna pay his legal bills. And plus they only have eight million dollars in the bank, so that ain't doing much. So I don't know all the legal ins and outs. I don't know if like some coke funded Coke Brothers network comes through to put the money up, but like that doesn't seem like that's money well spent at all, right, Or like Mohammed ben Salman, through like intermediaries, buys some property for like an inflated price to give him the cash. That seems likely. That feels like the only way in my mind. But again I don't know like how it's being monitored, where the money comes from, and then if that creates more scrutiny on a business whatever. But that's it. That's sort of just like I feel like we can add this to the list of things that were like really bad in his first term and would be like way worse in the second term.
Speaker 1: Like obviously there's all the stuff that's like bad on purpose, like as part of his plan, like he's going to try and institute a dictatorship and you know, just bring them full fascism and like won't give a fuck what the mainstream media says. All that stuff is gonna be way worse. But there's also like.
Speaker 2: Him being like really and like hurting for money. And you know, we saw during the first administration that he was open to influence from countries spending money at his hotels, and Kushner like had all sorts of shady dealings with you know, Saudi Arabia. Like it's it just feels like.
Speaker 1: This will be comically just people being able to purchase influence at a level that I don't know. It is like we'll make a mockery of the US in a way that I don't think people are fully prepared for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I don't know. I guess maybe the Trump it's just like it's just weird because we're so used to being like, he's gonna fuck some some fucking weirdo with a billion dollars is gonna step in. But oh, that's it feels likely because someone's like, look, it's a good investment. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean he becomes president. You're just helping him out of like this sort of civil judgment quagmire that he's in. But again, I don't know. We just don't know. And it's like that's what's so frustrating, is that, like any other time, you're like, oh, you're fucked, goodbye Trump Tower, that's a wrap for you. But so many people are interested in him being president outside of the United States for their own autocratic games or their own selfish aims that like, you can see what the appeal is, but then do they think that's enough to get his loyalty? I don't know. I don't know, man, Kaylen, are you saying a weirdo with a billion dollars is your long term financial plan? Yeah yeah yeah, stepping in.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope that one day becomes me.
Speaker 2: And you step into bailaut Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's exactly what would happen, Jake.
Speaker 2: No I ralling weirdo with a billion dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I forgot that he had those hotels and Trump Tower and all that, because I was like, what are even his businesses these days? Like does he still have that like steak business?
Speaker 2: Oh Trump steaks, so mathing of those businesses or him just licensing his name so it's not like he could just sell all the buildings with his name on it. He just like licenses his name to like and then gets a fee and gets a fee. Yeah yeah, I mean but there are he does have all those Trump properties though, that that would potentially help. But again yeah, that's I mean that That's the wild thing too, is even if all this money goes into it like that, that really has the potential just hurt all the down ballot Republican candidates, to which I say, great, yeah, yeah yeah, leave them with with Hoover flags uh in their pockets. You guys remember that term? Oh yeah, pockets. Those Hoover flex the depression. That was good marketing by whoever was running against Hoover. Yeah, I mean being a dictator, just like an open authoritarian dictator is good for business. You know. Putin is secretly like the richest person in the world. So there's all. That's another like way that the stakes of this election for him are just so high that like I feel like he's gonna be willing to do whatever it takes to Oh, this news just came in, it said. Donald Trump. Lawyers told a New York appellate court Wednesday that he's prepared to post one hundred million dollars bond to help the collection of his staggering civil fraud penalty, arguing that provisions of the verdict make it impossible for the former president to secure a bond for the full amount. The Oh my god, you're being so unfair.
Speaker 3: Lie.
Speaker 2: Basically admitted to fraud and now I have to pay this is like ridiculous, dude, here's like a fraction of it serious, right now? What the fuck? So we'll see. Yeah, a judge hasn't ruled on that yet, but I don't know. I feel like that's probably going to be a no for me dog from Arthur and gron Yeah, he does not seem to be that open to Trump's various Trump wreaths. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and we'll talk. Leap Day.
Speaker 1: It's happening, folks, It's really happening, and we're back. We're back and all that based platforms.
Speaker 2: As half.
Speaker 3: Me a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is where we get to know Caitlin a little bit better. I see you, laden dancer. D are you just drunk? Now? Maybe? Is it leap Day? Oh? That's what it probably is, leap Day.
Speaker 3: Leap day when it's a full moon, but it's compounded by like four years working you four years, or it's like when it's a full moon and you wake up and start drinking right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh so, of course, leap Day that special time when literally anything you do, including murder, is legal for twenty hours. Yeah, twenty four hours. Oh sorry, that's the purge. Leap Day is nothing. Oh, it isn't a holiday. And the biggest event happening this year seems to be freak wuacamole at Chipotle.
Speaker 2: That's kind of a big deal to be honest, that's a big deal. I mean, it's cute. They circle it. It's an extra day and free extra guacamole. I mean guacamole at Chipole. Was sort of like when I realized I was maybe going to enter the middle class, when I could consistent be like, yeah, you know what, why don't we get a couple of guak on the side with that? A couple of guag. I have a friend who works in an industry. It is like I do.
Speaker 1: He's Canadian, so you don't know, okay, But he was telling me that he was like frantically trying to get a deal done yesterday because his boss had told him that you can't sign a contract on leap day because then it's like, like, I don't know, because then it would be for four years or some shit like ye yeah yeah. And then the boss was ultimately like, guys, my badge turns out that is incorrect.
Speaker 3: But that's that's like why two came mentality exactly.
Speaker 1: It is totally why two K mentality. But there is just like a magic to this day in people's minds. Then I feel like scammers should really not be failing to exploit, Like I feel like most people would be like, oh, if I give you my bank account today, you get me like four times the money. Because it's Leap Day.
Speaker 2: The bank actually if you take out a bunch of money and put it in a shoebox, the bank actually can't charge you interest actually for another four years because it's Leap Day. You do need to give me that shoebox full take loans out today.
Speaker 3: That's how Trump is gonna get.
Speaker 2: I know. Could you imagine he's like on Leap Day. So that's times four. That's four hundred a day named for the one thing that I can't physically do. Leap can barely stand up because he's old. There, So have you seen this? Have you heard this?
Speaker 1: There three hundred and sixty five days of the year. Okay, but it takes the Earth three hundred and sixty five point two four two nine days to orbit the Sun. So Leap Day kind of keeps us more in sync with the Sun essentially, but it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it would fuck us up over a longer period, like after decades. Well, so here's what you didn't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, they actually so it's actually approximately eleven minutes off. So the Gregorian calendar did some confusing maths to fix this, and it is centennial years, which aren't divisible by four hundred keep a regular three hundred and sixty five day cycle. So the year two thousand had three hundred and six like, had a leap year. But the year I think we all remember, the year nineteen hundred, couldn't forget, did not have a leap day.
Speaker 3: So because it's not divisible by four hundred.
Speaker 2: Wait exactly, yeah, if it's I'm centennial years non not divisible by four hundred. Yeah, you can find on all that app based platform miles of gray four hundred. Wait, I don't understand that. Oh so it's basically okay because it's eleven minutes rather than a quarter of a day. Yes, that's there's just.
Speaker 1: One year like every four hundred that doesn't that would normally be a leap day. That is not so I think I think that counts for twenty one hundred will not be a leap day.
Speaker 2: Sucks for that sucks for you guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I plan on being one hundred and sixteen. Yeah, yeah, I think we can do it. You know, what's that look like things are getting only things are only getting better and better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thinks are pretty good right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know anyone whose birthday is a leap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, I know like friends of friends, don't. I don't know anyone personally, Miles. You know someone they're turning ten years old today, Do they like turn off forty? Do they go big? No? I remember we talked about this. I think that they're gonna have like a kid's birthday party because they're only ten years old. That's yeah. There's someone I used to work with who in a group, you know how, like you kind of have like those ex coworkers that you have like a group thread with every now and then. I don't know how many how many of y'all keep in touch with ex coworkers like that, But there's one that goes dorm like, stays dormant for maybe two months at a time, and then some interesting factoid comes out, and this one was it's a tenth birthday for a leap year, and we're like, oh, okay, cool, I'm just gonna put this out there for people who don't have personalities, this is a great lie to make up about yourself. Oh yeah, feel like yeah, I'm born on leap day. And that's the memorable thing about me that will you.
Speaker 3: Know what I would do, what I'd be like, show me your I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: God damn it.
Speaker 1: And you're the rig fuck the reason that those of us with bad personalities can never get away with this ship.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm red pilled, because I thought, with this one simple trick, I'd have a great opener at a bar honestly singles that zeigang uh, just just go out there, go say today's your birthday and just see what that what happens? Yeah, everyone is gonna ask for an ID, but then do you I didn't. I'm gonna have to ask about that. I mean, yeah, if that's your legal birthday, then I would be like, no, sorry, we're gonna have to say it's the twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Is there a market out there for fake IDs for like adults forty year old buying a fake idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're for unsavory criminal characters. But yeah, there is a market for fake ideas for adults. Yeah, I guess there is. Yeah, it's not like what you say. Yeah we used to in LA. We don't. We just have to go to MacArthur Park and there was always somebody out there who was Hawk and IDs back in the day.
Speaker 1: But anyway, MacArthur Park, that place is like a you feel like you're in a movie whenever MacArthur Park.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, and not one of the good ones. Yeah, or depending. I don't know, if you like dark futuristic thrillers, yeah, about crime, yeah, but yeah, I mean so, landing in February was pretty much arbitrary. The Romans considered it an unlucky month, and because it only had twenty eight days, they just shoved it into February. But there's this quote from this that I'm trying to make from this NPR article about this. I'm trying to make sense that they.
Speaker 1: Said, because February only had twenty eight days to begin with, they just shoved it into February.
Speaker 2: The leap day used to be on the twenty fourth. Hey, what could that possibly mean?
Speaker 3: What could that mean? The twenty fourth of what?
Speaker 1: So did they just do the twenty fourth twice or oh but then because otherwise, like you still have the twenty ninth, but you have to be like, but actually the twenty fourth was the leap day. The twenty ninth is not the Leap Day, the twenty fourth is the one, or like on other months other years, do you just not have the twenty fourth you just skip the day the twenty fourth day. It's just like really really bad writing by NPR. Fuck MPR as I always say.
Speaker 3: What I think they should do is no more February twenty ninth. Let's have like May thirty second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. So that is actually a movement that is being put together, So it's kind of funny. A uk Man started in an online petition to put Leap Day in June, because who the hell wants more February Chris Snowden forty seven, First the idea, does, what's up?
Speaker 3: Sorry, punksatani Phil wants more February?
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, and only pugsatani Phil and Jesus keep letting that guy get his way.
Speaker 2: But he had he had these two ideas right next to each other. First, he had the idea when he when he realized Leap Day being on February twenty ninth is arbitrary. Right then he said, but the date has to be in June, since July and August don't both have thirty one days.
Speaker 1: But like he's so he gets that it's totally arbitrary what day is on. But he's also like, we need an extra day in June because June has good weather, as though putting an extra day in June like just takes one day out of February weather, and like puts an extra day of June weather, like the just adds to the number of good weather days.
Speaker 2: Go. Also for the two K logic, Yeah, also really strong white two K logic. Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I do think probably from a mental like just a mental perspective, I would appreciate an extra day of June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well because it just like, oh, yeah, summer because we're stupid. We're like, dude, that means more summer. Yes, it's our arbitrary also, and you probably you're not going to like think back and be like, man, I'm so glad we had that extra day in June. But I think to Kalin's but I think it's funnier to have a new kind of day. We've never said like there is no thirty second Yeah, so let's fuck it.
Speaker 3: That's a movie. I'm gonna write.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds to Mars, Yeah, May thirty seconds to more Mars, Yeah, starring Jared leto yeah or not, but hey, look we can try that. Yeah, that's the sequel to May thirty second May thirty second seconds to Mars. Yeah, like like Alien Aliens May.
Speaker 3: And twister twisters, Oh twisters, oh twisters?
Speaker 1: Yeahs yes, what if there were multiple twisters? Oh there were in the first movie? Well shut the fuck up. But yeah, so, I mean another reason to put it in the summer is that we are not getting paid if you're if you're salaried, you're essentially working an extra day for free while employers collectively, so overall this saves employers billions of dollars billions, and it loses people money, Like can I can I can we sue to get like I feel like we should be able to write?
Speaker 2: Isn't that bullshit?
Speaker 3: On some level, they're generating revenue on that extra day but not paying ye labor, extra penny, extra labor.
Speaker 2: Oh oh iHeart, somebody got smarter coming for that. Where's my twenty ninth money? That's right? Or I'd be like all right, or just give me an extra day of May, yeah, you know, or just like give us off on leap day, like the day should be a day when all all bets are off, including like work, like an international day of rest. Like it's like yo, bro, you know, like just you don't have to do nothing just because it's the twenty ninth. If nobody getting paid, nobody got to work. Real strike, you know when on do a general strike? Well, what that is coming twenty isn't that when the twenty twenty eight? Isn't that when they're looking at it the general strike? Yeah? Or is that twenty twenty six? I think it is twenty twenty eight because yeah, May man mate, Oh my god, exactly May twenty twenty eight, because that's when a lot of different union contracts are up there. We go, yeah, so that could be damn man, hey, thirty second twenty twenty eight, it's happening. Oh man, shut it down. We are the organizers of this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, there there's all sorts of like boring people with big ideas about how to like reform the calendar. There's one that's like, okay, so hear me out. We're gonna do a four quarter thirty thirty thirty one pattern then a leap week at the end of December every five or six years. And it's like that sounds like a fucking nightmare, man like that.
Speaker 2: So you left you a four quarter thirty thirty thirty one pattern? Is that?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, so you're gonna do hair loss, You're gonna do a thirty January, thirty in February, thirty one in March, moving on thirty in April, thirty in May, thirty one in June, and then you just carry all those days into a leap week at the end of December.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm kind of all for like weird calendar, Like a leap week would be fun, Like at the end of December every five or six, like then you would have like it's December thirty eighth, you know, and that would probably that you be able to like stick that into like some sort of time off or something.
Speaker 3: But well, now I'm thinking of why stop at leap week. Leap year could literally mean oh year to fuck uy, So what would that be? Three hundred and sixty five days times four, But it's that many years. Yeah, so for every twelve hundred years there's an extra year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that maths is right, and I don't know how I came.
Speaker 2: Up, but I liked but yeah, but it would be something like that where you would have a if you banked up a whole day, a year's worth of eleap days, but then fuck the whole fucking because then at that point, wouldn't we be so far off from where we are in relation to the sun, or like June would feel like fucking December. Yeah, we're like, yeah, we might need to go back, we might need to fucking be set.
Speaker 1: But we're already getting that from climate change, so you know, damn yeah, damn all right, but I guess like timekeeping is constantly being tinkered with. In twenty twenty two, governments voted to scrap leap seconds, which adds seconds to the clock to keep in sync with Earth's rotation, which was causing big problems for tech companies. So that they're good getting rid of leap seconds, which nobody was aware even existed exist. They'll be getting rid of those in twenty thirty five. But then that like pissed off the UK and Russia, whose satellites are all based around that leap second system. But yeah, we've had leap seconds since nineteen seventy two, so it's all very confusing. Maybe we just keep the calendar the way it is, but compensate people for working an extra day with a form of payment that isn't guacamole. That's well speak. I'll take purpose. I'll take guacamole and payment for the extra day.
Speaker 2: Let's not let's not try and get more in the world, you know, That's what I said. I'll just be happy for the guacamole. Yes, have you tasted their chips? They have little squirts of lime. The company sent us these little stress balls too. Those are the salt sticks to the line. I really do fuck with Chipotle's chips. Every once in a while, you get one that's so good, solimy, so limy, so salty because the lime, the salt does stick to the line. As I know, as mentioned as you as you FaceTime me every time. Look, look, look this one. This one. No, that was I can't tell just by looking at this. No, fuck, another bad one? What the fuck like?
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm bathing my kid, Dude. I gotta go, Caitlin Dorante, What a pleasure of having you. Yeah, daily Zeitgeist as always. Wait, did you say you had a theory on Rebecca Ferguson? No, that was no, Okay, then we won't get to that story. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing I'd like to plug is something I already foreshadowed using my amazing storytelling skills, which is the tour that I'm doing. I'm doing stand up shows in Paris for Lynn Dublin. I have a birthday show that I'm doing in Dublin. The tickets aren't on sale yet, but I'll post all these things on my website Kaitlyndoronte dot com. I'm also trying to figure out how to do shows in Copenhagen. Can't really figure that out. We'll see. Maybe I'll just end up going to an Irish themed bar and that'll be my big event.
Speaker 1: And if you need anyone to open for you, who can do amazing versions of all the voices of the various places you're going, like I was just doing.
Speaker 3: Oh well please, you're you're invited, you're my openers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you need to do a French guy voice a man, all.
Speaker 3: Right, miles, you're coming to way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My website Kaitlindoronte dot com slash shows will have uh the information there. And then Jamie and I are doing a Bechdel Cast tour in the UK later in May, and it's the Shrek Tannic Tour. What what do you mean by that, Caitlin, Well, it's some of the shows. We're doing Titanic and some were doing Shrenk.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, and people won't know. Are you going to like get up at the beginning and like spin a wheel? Is it?
Speaker 3: That would be amazing? But no, people will know in advance which show they're getting.
Speaker 1: Incredible, Yes, that sounds amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. The only thing that I've been doing lately or like engaging with is I'm replaying Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Wow. So you are in touch with the zeitgeist because we are getting a lot of Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom. Oh yeah, messaging?
Speaker 3: Oh good, Well, I'm replaying it. I beat it a few months ago and then I'm sad, so I was like, what can I do to distract me from my sadness? And it's Tears of the Kingdom.
Speaker 2: It's it seems to be our this generation's antidepressant for sure. Yeah, amazing. Miles. Where can people find you? Is there a working media you can't find? Meat? Talking. So Donald Trump is in a lot of debt, and it looks like one interest in the civil fraud case. Well hold on, we're gonna get to the soup in a second. Oh okay, okay, this is why I think it's overrated, because I think you can get out of it, you know what I mean? So, what what use does it make? All right? Jack? Back to you. Find me on all the AT based platforms. At miles of gray, five miles an eye. No, no, I've done it. Find Jack and I in our basketball podcast. Miles and Jack got mad boosties. Yeah, fine, miles and no no identity together fiance for twenty day fiance. I could care less about my brain struggling. And yeah, yeah, I'm gonna definitely doing a factory reset after this. I'm gonna do two to each temple. Let's see. Uh, this is a tweet. I like, it's a quote tweet, but from I think you should leave underscore mes. Uh. The Associated Press Chrysler recalling more than three hundred and thirty thousand Jeep Grand Cherokees due to steering wheel issues. Yeah, and you already know this is going. He tried to Warner great steering wheel that goes in with out of the wind, don't want I thriving that he's a good idea. So there it is just love one. Somehow this show can presades things and even the most absurd ways. So yeah, that's me.
Speaker 1: Let's see a tweet I've been enjoying at Julia Claire at oh Julia tweets tweeted this meeting could have been an email? Okay, but what about this limited series could have been a two hour movie. I just want to like, there are so many of those that I'm like, man, this would be like it has a whole like vibe to it. It's like could like it has like two and a half episodes of like a great.
Speaker 2: Storyline in there, right, but it just movies. Try them out. See what you might accidentally make a classic that people watch for years instead of like stretch out a movie or a TV show that people don't even realize exists. Yeah. Well, and you know, like a lot of that happens too at the studio level. It's like someone's like, yeah, this is like if I'm like no, no, no, what if you can make it like a ten part series and you're like what, like, well, we'll buy that and They're like, fuck, dude, fine, I guess no. It just came from a meeting where they asked for a series. So that's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: This is Yeah. The bitchiest thing I've ever tweeted was something like me at a wedding and then this could have been an emails so true?
Speaker 2: Do you not think I was gonna believe that you got married? What is that ship? Here? Also the food? What's going on?
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Myles, what is the song that you think people might enjoy? Probably will enjoy this track because I enjoy this track a lot. I enjoy this band from Australia, Like most dude, all the good bands are coming frout of them out of OZ these days. This is Glass Beams and this track is called Mahal m A H A L. They're like like if you like Crumbin, you're gonna like them. They're just they don't really there there's no singing though. It's like there's like light little vocal like in the background. But dude, there are three piece and they're so fucking groovy and they're just dull. Yeah. Anyway, this is Mahal last Beams. Got that Dune too aesthetic. I don't know how to describe. That's something that feels like something like a I'd vote Obama third term, Yeah kind of thing. Dune two aesthetic and I would have voted for Obama a term. Are you talking about this this historical mosque? Is that what that is? It felt like something like.
Speaker 1: Very Dune like, got like Dune two ish vibes. Yeah, you won't even say it has Dune one vibe.
Speaker 2: It couldn't be seen done two. All right. Well, The Daily Is Like Guys is a production by Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcast from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio ap Apple podcast or wherever you're listening your favorite show. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to all.
Speaker 2: Then bye bye bye