Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two in this Thursday, Dan and the Dan N's Dan Patrick Show, including Fritzie. Morale is high. Everybody's in a festive mood still, even after the fact it's Christmas and New Year's all rolled into one. We don't stop. We don't need a designation, we don't need a day or days. It's a feeling. It's just like love, yes, Paul, But.
Speaker 3: You do remember the great comedian Larry David a couple of years ago said, once you hit January fourth, you can no longer say Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, even if you haven't seen him in a while.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: The cutoff is the third. The third, That's what he said. Okay, I mean I'm fine with it. But if I see somebody in February and I haven't seen them for four months, I can't say, hey, Happy New Year. I mean I don't know what the rules and regulations are.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, I've broken that rule end at least eleven times today. If yesterday midnight was the cutoff, I'm in.
Speaker 2: Trouble, all right. Well, maybe if you got around to wishing people a happy new Year. Everybody else does. Yes, I don't ever wish anyone a happy new year. I reply, happy new Year, once said to me. But I've never I don't know any time in my life that I've seen somebody and be like, hey, happy new Year.
Speaker 3: I don't Okay, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not George Bailey, you know what I mean. Running down the street that's hey, wif your happy New Year to you?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you know you?
Speaker 3: I don't as ef It's an accomplishment making it to the new year.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year, Okay, I don't know. It's just kind of I like doing it to make somebody uncomfortable that I don't know where. I'll just somebody be walking their dog and I'll go, how are you doing? Happy New Year? And they look at you like what are you doing? Like nobody talks. I don't even know them. That's what makes it fun. Happy New Year, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: I kind of do that when I tell people to be blessed and my wife's like, why would you say that? I want them to be blessed? And they're like, uh all right, Donner old director direct TV. She'd be like, oh, good morning, Marbo, how are you I'd be like blessed beyond believe.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, and also with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh eight seven seven three DP show email address DPA, Dan Patrick tout Com. We say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock that's our streaming partner, you can see what we look like. I'm still surprised that people go, you know what, I know what you look like. Dan. It's the dan Ets that I don't know what they look like, or I just found out what they look like. If you're new to the show, just just I don't know me see now, Fritzy, we've said, looks like Paulie from Rocky Bert Young, a younger, not a lot younger, but a younger version.
Speaker 5: They more likely to be pleasantly surprised or in general for all of us, or very.
Speaker 2: I think they're always going to be disappointed.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm a live version of Paulie from Rocky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you look you look you look similar. It looks similar. Career Russia, What do you want from me? What did I ever do to that? You're never what somebody thought you were going to look like? All right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like you're always especially in person, if you like we're going to the super Bowl soon and we'll meet lots of people. You're either shorter or taller, fatter or skinnier.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, you're actually decent.
Speaker 8: Side.
Speaker 6: You look a lot fatter on TV.
Speaker 2: Seaton looks like a thinner. James Corden, I think that we found your doppel ganger. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Marvin, Yes, paul.
Speaker 3: This is niche. But there's a fame, pretty famous actor named Bill Duke. Yes, he's been around for a long time. Marvin looks like a much younger version of Bill Duke. I think that'd be fair.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think I could see that a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yes, Seaton, Yeah, say, that's one of my greatest calls, I think, was calling Marvin Bill Duke.
Speaker 2: It's just not many people know who Bill Duke is.
Speaker 3: He was a creditor Editor's.
Speaker 2: It's a great call. It's just not many people know. When you see it and you go okay, and then Paulie, you get what do you have?
Speaker 3: Harrelson, I would say, like a hybrid hope, I would aspire to be Jason Statham realistically, realistically it's a woody Harrelson. I aspire to lot.
Speaker 2: Those aren't that's not a bad consolation problem.
Speaker 3: I'm good with it.
Speaker 2: But unlike Woody Harrelson, you know, not everybody likes you. Everybody loves Woody Harrelson.
Speaker 4: Fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't compete like ability with Woody.
Speaker 2: The first ever streaming exclusive NFL Playoff game is almost here. Peacock is the place to see it all. Don't miss any of the action. It's wild Card Saturday. Stream the NFL wild Card Exclusive January thirteenth at seven thirty pm Eastern only on Peacock. We were talking about these wonky quarterback matchups, and there have been over seventy quarterbacks who thrown for at least have they thrown one pass this year. Also, here's some numbers for you. If I said this quarterback opened up his career first year, twenty eight touchdowns, thirteen interceptions, completed, sixty three percent of his passes. Team went six and ten. All right, solid, first year twenty eight thirteen, team went six and ten. If I gave you another quarterback, thirty touchdowns, eleven picks, sixty three percent passer team eight and eight. So a touch better. If I said the first quarterback was Aaron Rodgers in the second one was Jordan Love. You might be a little surprised there, but those are the numbers. Jordan Love has been a good quarterback this year. Now, he's not Aaron Rodgers, maybe never even get close to that. But Green Bay made the right decision and they wanted to make this decision. A year earlier. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick show a couple of coaches, you know, not sure if they're going to be back. Ron Rivera probably not going to be back with Washington, and he talked about what this job comes down to or a big portion of your success is predicated on getting yourself a quarterback.
Speaker 9: Well, honestly, that's that's probably been the biggest crux of it all, is trying to find that guy. I mean, that's the hardest thing for anybody, doesn't matter whether you're here or if you're one of the other places that are looking for that guy. I mean, you know, you're fortunate if you get a head coaching job where there's a guy, you better relish that and you better succeed. I'll tell you that right now. You know, and I've said this before, if you know a guy like Alex Smith. Vean never gets hurt. I never come here because I think Jay and what they were doing would have continued. I mean, you get a guy like that, man, you you run with it. I promise you that it would have been cool to have a guy like that, It really would have.
Speaker 2: And he's going to pay the price. He doesn't have a franchise quarterback with Sam Hel and you have new ownership in there and they'll make a change. They have the second pick in the draft right now. You can get your franchise quarterback right now, whoever is coming. And that's why I think this is a sneaky good job that that city. You got new ownership in there and you can start fresh at the quarterbacking position. That would be pretty And if you said I could have that or Carolina, I'm taking Washington.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I think the Chargers would stand out because they have their franchise quarterback. It's kind of rare when you get a coach fired having a franchise quarterback, but that happened with the Chargers. That's a pretty great job. Like New England, Are you interested in New England? Following Belichick quarterbacking situation, one of the Patriots have the third pick overall, PAULI.
Speaker 3: As of right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could float a little bit. Yeah, boy, if you're Belichick out the door, you certainly want to win that last game and what that would do that drop them probably out of the top five.
Speaker 6: They're trading out of that anyway. You think so, I would be willing to bet my job. Well, there's no way that they take that pick number three, that they actually draft somebody with it.
Speaker 2: Not a chance. You don't think that they draft a quarterback.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that they don't draft a quarterback. They're not at number three. No, they stay at number three. I don't believe that they stay at number three. I don't even believe they stay in the top five.
Speaker 2: Does anybody want to put their job status up against Seaton's job status?
Speaker 3: I kind of agree that that's a very New England thing to do, is not never stand pat like they'll they'll draft.
Speaker 2: No, you need your quarterback, but they.
Speaker 3: Drop down five spots and take Pennix, right, I don't know. Okay, the New York Giants had the fifth pick right now, now, would they go for the top if if Chicago was shopping it.
Speaker 2: You're the Jibt. Well, then then you have to move on from Danny Dimes, which is but aren't you're you're locked in for one more year, one more year. No, I think they're riding that that horse. Yeah, I think they are. I don't know you know that? And where is the Kyler Murray? Hey, they're going to move on from Kyler Murray. Apparently Arizona's not moving on from Kyler Murray. He's played okay, I mean he still shows you those glimpses of man Ate and Scoot. But they have the fourth pick in the draft. How about that? It could be the second pick in the draft. Then all of a sudden you got a wide receiver. Maybe there, because it feels like if you're Chicago, you got to help justin fields. I mean there's teams where you go, okay, we got to get a quarterback, but you also have to have these positional players who are able to help him. You got to find your wide receiver, you know, a game breaker, somebody who makes a difference there. But how high do you go because the analytics aren't in your favor. If you're going to go, we're going to get a receiver, he's going to turn us around. Usually don't take a receiver in the top ten. All right, some phone calls here, Nate Ohio, Hey Nate, good morning. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, thanks to taking my call.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 11: I was thinking about out Paul's question earlier about have we overinflated the importance of qub's and it made me think about do you think Deshaun Watson gets more and more anxious with every win that Joe Flacco creates for the Browns and does that have an impact on his, perhaps his longevity here in Cleveland to say we don't make the playoffs next year?
Speaker 2: Ornate, Nate, he doesn't have a care in the world. His contract's guaranteed, whether he's playing or not, it's guaranteed. Browns were that desperate, like you don't want to come to Cleveland, how about we guarantee you a two hundred and thirty million dollars? Okay, all right, I think I'm gonna like Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauline, As as we've seen before, Deshaun Watson, he loves not playing football. I think he'd be fine if Joe Flaco got the starting job next year. He could just sit in one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's gonna be uh hey, is this open to competition next year? Joe Flacco and Deshaun Watson not be funny? Be interesting? If he gets to the Super Bowl, then we have sort of the situation the Eagles had, maybe a little bit Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, anybody.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but the contract, there's no way out, No, I know?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bill in Indianapolis? Hi, Bill, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 10: My question is have you noticed an NFL practices that a lot of the players now are wearing these padded helmets. Yeah, but the NFL in games refuses to allow them to wear them. Do you think the NFL is setting them up for themselves are a little trouble or liability because of the fact the players must think of protects them, but they won't allow them to wear them in the games.
Speaker 2: I don't know if a player has asked to use that in a game and been denied, That's what I'd like to know. Do we send Todd into battle with that question? For the NFL? Paully, what do you think should I ask Fritz to reach out to the NFL on a nice Thursday. No, they're probably going man, no game denied. Everything's good. Not hearing from Fritzie today with another silly question.
Speaker 3: Uh you know Peter King asked about this and my Flora while back, the NFL hasn't ruled it out and because if they're serious about safety, but right now they don't allow they call them the guardian caps, the padded things. Yeah, uh, Flora think it's because it potentially diminishes the presentation of the game, the look and also using them in a full speed capacity. Can they that's the safety reason. I think they haven't been applied yet because can they catch? Can they hook on someone and cause a neck injury? Practice is much more limited to action.
Speaker 12: Yes, I would hope it's just a safety reason.
Speaker 5: If it's for the look of the product, putting in good guy's necks and possible injuries just because they don't like the big kazoo Flintstone's helmet, I'd have a problem with that much.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Tonk uh Leka in Nevada.
Speaker 13: Uh, I call like a uh, sorry, we're correcting you. I just wanted to call and touch on a couple of scenes because I'm a long time for some caller. But when I I'd say pretty uh, he kind of reminds me of a character actor. Uh, and he was he was a hit. Uh. He kind of played a hard scrabble detective and climbed out of a bottle to save Roger Rabbit. Bob Hoskins, Okay, and that's he's my guy. So he should definitely call the NFL because he's like, do some detective work.
Speaker 2: All right, Ton, how about some detective work.
Speaker 12: On my Hoskins hat? And that's see what we can find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's Uh, that's Micah who was calling in from Nevada. Not likea gotta help. Uh, Tyler taking your phone calls with spell check. There there are times when he'll put the name up or the city there from, and I'm not quite sure so, uh Tyler. Tim and Baltimore, Hi, Mitch.
Speaker 12: I know I'm from Michigan and from minch.
Speaker 2: I love throwing people under the bus. That's what we do. We lead the league in throwing people under the bus. George and Texas, Hey George, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey? Dan? I get two quick things, so there's no fun. I think is big enough to affect Tepper. I think a more appropriate punishment would be if they take away a draft pick. You know, now he's hurting this team. You throw a drink, maybe you lose a second or third rounder.
Speaker 2: You know what. I understand where you're coming from, George. I think it's a little little harsh first offense, and I would just ban him. I would not let him go to the game. I think that would resonate a little bit more than he's got to write it. He not even writing the check. Somebody going to write the check for him, just like somebody wrote that so called apology that didn't include the word apology or apologize. I think the NFL was like, we got to do something here. If you didn't have video attached to that, then I wonder what the NFL would be doing now trying to spin this. Yeah, I think he got off easy. Three hundred thousand dollars. Yes, that's a lot of money to us, but not to him. The embarrassment is what you have to get him on when you miss games. Like when you find a player, it's really about if you miss games, and Draymond Green is really hurting the Warriors. You could have fined him two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, but he's missing games and that will be reflective of Golden State's playoff status, you know coming up in April and May. We'll take a break. Our good buddy Albert Breer will stop by. We'll ask him. Is Bill Belichick getting fired on Monday Back After this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six Say I'm Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Two NBA Insiders podcasting twice a week to plug you right into the NBA grapevine.
Speaker 14: All happening in only one place. This League Uncut, the new NBA podcast with me Chris.
Speaker 2: Haynes and me Mark Stein join.
Speaker 14: Us as we team up to expound on everything we're covering. Hearing and Chason.
Speaker 7: Listen to This League Uncut with Chris Haynes and Mark Stein.
Speaker 14: On the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Age seven to seven to three, DP show email andres Dpadanapatrick dot Com, Twitter handle a DP show. Albert Breer is the Monday morning quarterback, joining us on the program. Let me start with Bill Belichick. Bill Belichick coaching his last game as Patriots head coach. This weekend.
Speaker 8: I think, so now, you know, you never know what could happen when Craft gets into a room with Belichick next week. But I don't think this is a decision that you wake up on Monday morning and make. In other words, like in some cases an owner will decide on the last Sunday the season. I want to sleep on it, and it's truly a Black Monday decision. Obviously, with something like this, there's a lot more thought that goes into it, and it's a decision that Craft's going to have made over months, not weeks, and so like that part of it, I think makes it. It's going to make it more difficult for Bill to move craft office spot, if that's what he intends to do. And you know, the very least, I think, you know what we've seen over the last four weeks. The team is still playing hard for Bill and the Bill can still coach. But those were never the issues. The issues are systemic here, and I think if Bill were going to stay and then as the head coach, it would come with a lot of change around him. And you know, after losing the most games at any point thirty years of ownership, I'm not sure Craft even be willing to do that.
Speaker 2: We'll see. And we were wondering, are they going to use that top five, top three draft pick on a quarterback? If they're sitting there at three or two, are they taking a quarterback?
Speaker 8: It's hard to say because we don't know who's making the decision right now. Right I think we make the assumption dp that there's going to be some changes in personnel. And I think in all likelihood, you know, Robert Kraft's probably going to want to hire a general manager now, whether that's somebody internal external. But you know, even if Bill stays, you know, I would think that maybe you'd want to empower somebody in scouting based on where the roster is right now, and we don't know that person's going to be right now, and.
Speaker 12: We don't know that coach is going to be.
Speaker 8: You know, that said, I think it's almost I think it's very difficult to see a scenario where whether it's Bill Belichick as the head coach of Gerrod Meyo is the head coach Mac Jones is back in twenty twenty four, which puts them in play for a quarterback next year. Now, if they were to blow the whole thing up and go outside the organization and bring in some he knew from the Shanahan tree or something like that, then maybe mac Jones would have a chance. But if it's either Belichick or Mayo, I have a hard time seeing Mac being back here in twenty twenty four, and that would put them in the market for a quarterback in the draft. Now, whether or not they're drafted third or fifth or seventh, we don't know whether or not they're going to like the guy who's there for them at third or fifth or seventh. We don't know whether that's a Pennix or a McCarthy or a Knicks or whoever it is. We don't know what they're going to think of those people, but they certainly will be in play. You know, I think regardless of who's the coach, you know, whether it's belichicker Mayo in.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four, give me the reason why, the biggest reason why Jim Harbaugh will go to the NFL. If that's the case, the reason, biggest reason will be.
Speaker 8: What unfinished business in the pros I think would be the number one thing, and I think close behind it would be like all the circumstances with the NCAA you know, and the fact that that thing's not over. I mean, when that notice of allegation was served to him, a lot of people conflated that as like being for everything.
Speaker 2: It wasn't, you know, it was just for the.
Speaker 8: Quote unquote cheeseburger thing, which was really more of like a COVID recruiting violations thing, you know. And and so that means the NCAA hasn't even gotten to the notice on the Connor Stallion situation. So I wouldn't blame Jim if he threw his hands up and says, you know what, like I've accomplished what I wanted to accomplish, and like I it's time to move on. And I think part of his thinking here too is, you know, like that the opportunity to go to the NFL hasn't been vast for him over the last two years. So he knows these things can be fickle, and as great as the record was in at the NFL level, teams weren't falling over themselves after the twenty one season, after the twenty two season to go and get him. Otherwise, I think he might be in the pros right now. And so if there is a strong pursuit of him from the Chargers. From the Raiders, then I think that's certainly something that he looks at sixty years old and says, time to go take care of unfinished business in the league.
Speaker 2: He's the Monday Morning quarterback Albert Breer speaking of the Raiders, Antonio Pierce has done a really good job. Players seem to like him. But if I guess, does Mark Davis hold off on giving him the official announcement the title of head coach until he knows that maybe he doesn't get Jim Harbaugh could hinge on that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, the number one thing I think we have to remember here is that he can't just give him the head coaching job because of the rules, Like so they have to go through a process and you know, satisfy the ruining rule and all the rest of that, right, Like so they can't in this day and age, you can't do that. I do think he likes Antonio Pierce. I know, like the guys that he counsels with, and there are three players in particular that he's really counseled with a lot, you know, ahead of the Josh McDaniels and Dave Zigler firings and then you know into all of this, and that's Josh Jacobs, Max Crosby, and DeVante Adams. I think all three of those guys they're strong proponents of Antonio Piers. But what I've pretty consistently heard over the last couple of weeks Dan is that he's got a big swing in him. And I don't know whether that swing is gonna be Jim Harbaugh or Bill Belichick, but I have heard that he's got a big swing in him and if he misses, if he fails to connect on that big swing, then maybe he turns back to Antonio Pierce. But his dad had a great relationship with Belichick. I'm sure you know about that. And he's got a relationship with Jim Harbaugh. He tried to hire him in twenty fifteen when Harbaugh went to Michigan. So one way or the other, you know, there's at least a lot of buzz out there that Mark's got a big swing in him and he's going to take that swing before you know, deciding whether or not to make Antonio Piers his next head coach.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the commissioner has a list of things that if you do X, then it cost you why or your punishment is going to be this. But when it comes to an owner and David Tepper, I don't know if is there a negotiation that goes on between the commissioner and the owner? Like, well, David Tepper, do you think that this was a negotiation or just I'm finding a three hundred thousand dollars in that shit? Who's whose boss? And that'll just well that's why I'm wondering. Is it a negotiation between owner and the commissioner?
Speaker 8: I mean, we know who's who the boss in this scenario is, so I yeah, I mean I think that there's definitely back and forth. Yeah, I don't know it specifically in this situation, but I do know in situations like this in the past, you know, whether they involved Jerry Jones or.
Speaker 2: Or Robbert Crafter.
Speaker 8: Daniel Snyder's like the primary one right where they certainly didn't.
Speaker 2: Just come down and sanctioned Daniel Snyder.
Speaker 8: There was back and forth there, Jim irsay another one, like, you know, I think this would be one of those where there's definitely some back and forth, and I think, you know, like to me, like the crazy thing about it, Dan is like you couldn't even take them off out of the stadium this Sunday, right, Like, you couldn't even do that. You couldn't even give him the suspension to take him out of the stadium this Sunday.
Speaker 2: And why did you do that?
Speaker 8: Well, I'd assume it's because Tepper leaned on him, right, like the opticalper back in a stadium this weekend. Think about that, Like, I think that's the one piece of this everybody's missing. Forget about the money, you know, Like the guy's got money coming out of his ears, So whatever the money is the money. But you know, like I think you know one thing that I can remember somebody's saying to me a long time ago, you know, when it came to covering the league, is like the one thing you don't do is you don't want to embarrass a billionaire, right, And that's the one thing that really gets these guys. And like I think, in a certain way, if you look at the apology, it wasn't really an apology, right, his David Tepper really skipped embarrassment here.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's why I said, you want to hurt him, don't let him go to his stadium to watch his team, right.
Speaker 8: And like I that looks to me, like that's the that looks incredibly weak, right cause, I mean you could find him two million dollars. That's still like a rounding error right for him. I mean like like I you know what if you want to if you if you want to make him feel it, you make the story David Tepper is not in.
Speaker 2: The stadium today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then people are looking down the field, they see an interim coach and they do that. They do the math, and you know what the math will show him, Dan, that's this is going to be his ninety ninth game as the team owner. Twenty two of those ninety two games have been presided over by an interim coach. Think about that, twenty two of ninety ninety game. How attractive is this job? Well, it's one of thirty two, so that should answer your question.
Speaker 2: Well, David Tepper is one of thirty two. But he's not like the other owners. He's going to be able to find somebody.
Speaker 8: But like, yeah, I mean I think for guys with options, like look at Arizona last year, right, So Arizona wasn't a very very attractive job. You've got a quarterback who maybe you're not sure on who's got a massive contract that you're tied to because the guarantees in it, the roster is in really good is in very good shape. The owner's got some checkered history there too. Arizona wasn't a very attractive job. Jonathan Gannon had to take that job, and he's done a great job, right, Like, but he had to take why well, because he's a defensive coach. And every year maybe half the owners decide ahead of time, I'm not hiring a defensive coach, sure, right, and then the other half are just going to consider It's not like those guys have decided they will. So there's gonna be somebody to take the job. But if you're Ben Johnson, do you take it? That's I mean, that means.
Speaker 2: The question probably, so, I like you might not if you have options?
Speaker 8: Right, So I think like these things are a function of a guy's options, Like is it guy? Does a guy have a strong enough resume where he can wait for a year, right like dan Quinn's waited a year twice? Does a guy have a strong enough resume where he can wait for a year and be assured that his stock is still going to be in good shape a year from now.
Speaker 1: Does a guy have.
Speaker 8: Multiple options so he can look at it and say, because I think like if you look at like whatever the list is of the coaching jobs, the Panthers, because of the ownership situation, are the very bottom of it. This is like what Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick tell all their assistants, would tell all their assistants, right which is there's one thing that you cannot change no matter what you do, and that's the owner. That's the one thing, like no matter what, like remember that when you go and interview for this job. Belichick and Parcels would tell their assistants that, like, the one thing you cannot change is the owner. And right now, David Tepper's I mean, and it's not just this like incident in a vacuum. This incident confirmed what everybody thinks about him already, you know, like in a three second video, Like everything that's been rumored, everything that's been you know, everything that's been sort of stereotyped, whatever about David Tepper, Like he confirmed all of it in three second video. So you know, I just I look at this and it's just a really it's again like I think the Carolina job as far as desirability will be at the bottom of the list, which means they're probably gonna have to hire a guy who doesn't have the leverage to wait for another year and doesn't have multiple options.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you is always Albert. Thanks for joining us. All right, thanks Dan, that's Albert Breer Monday morning quarterback. Always makes us smarter. Yeah, it's tricky. You're gonna get somebody who can't turn down that Carolina job. Maybe, unless you know, Jim Harball revisits that, then you're gonna have the Chargers. I think Harball is going to have a couple of opportunities. Maybe the Raiders thrown in there. I don't think the Bears. I don't think the Bears are going to make a change there. I don't know what happens in Atlanta either, Yeah, PAULI going back to the Raiders.
Speaker 3: It seems like the public sentiment is all for Antonio Pierce becoming the new head coach. Couldn't they get him on the cheap ish where? And that's supposedly a franchise that's not.
Speaker 2: Well, they're paying other coaches, right, you know, they're paying Josh McDaniels and John Gruden. I think it might be, you know, paying you know the memory of John Madden for all I know, but yeah, you know they were in this situation before Rich Basacia. Players loved him. They're playing hard, and then all of a sudden you go, no, he's not a big enough name, man. I just want to know if you can do the job. It's like, you know, Mike McDaniel with with Miami, A lot of people didn't know and then all of a sudden you realize, all right, the guy knows what he's doing the least offensively. He knows what he's doing there. But sometimes there's nothing wrong with hiring somebody who then can become a name. Not You don't always have to get the name I want to. You can evolve into a really good coach and then we remember what your name is, like Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan. I mean, Shane Steichen has do a good job in Indy, but nobody knew his name. You probably didn't know his name until I told you. I didn't know his name until PAULI told me.
Speaker 15: I'm kidding, double stinking Yeah, that sounds like a football coach.
Speaker 2: Uh, Marcus and Jacksonville. Hey Marcus, how are you, Andy Bete?
Speaker 16: I am thought at seven and a soft past holiday two hundred and thirty pounds. I was at the Jags Panthers game as a diehard Jags fan, and I think I got hit by a few droplets of the drink thinking about suing because he clearly didn't control where the drink was going. And I got a Fritzy style, Prinzy style play on words. I'm thinking that David just lost his temper and uh and uh you know that didn't It's like it's like temper but tepper.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I got I got it. Marcus, You're a little late on that late on that temper, tantrum like temper, a little late on the trickery. That's okay, all right, no worries. You know, I have my slow moments. No where I'm going. Yeah, this is the guy who couldn't remember Albert Poohols's name or Tom Izzo's name a few years ago. I'm like, Paul, I have no idea who that is. He's like, it's Albert Pooholes and I go all right, and then Tom Izzough I couldn't remember his name. Just sometimes you have that You're like, what am I doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, do you remember when a bunch of years ago we were on Sports Jeopardy and you're hosting and some of the questions are really tough, but occasionally on Sports Jeopardy there's kind of an easy one. It's just whoever hits the buzzer first. Yes, I had a daily double and it was so it is just mine and the hint was like where cal Ripken used to work. It's Camden Yards. And I sat there and You're like you and I paused, and it's like it was on the other side of my head. I couldn't find it. You actually go Paul on TV. I'm like, Dan, I don't have it. You're like, oh my god. It was like it was such an obvious answer. Yeah, never that'll haunt me.
Speaker 2: But it did it cost you Sports Jeopardy?
Speaker 3: No, because McLevin uh messed up with Lou Garrigg or something like that.
Speaker 2: That was fun that we got on an episode. It's tense and it was you and McLevin and Fritzy and we're on the Jeopardy set and you know, you have an audience there. The clues, the people come up with the clues of the people come up with clues for Jeopardy, and it was serious and I even said to them, a couple of writers, big sports fans, and I said, look, if you cater something to Fritzy with the Astros or the Broncos, if not, he's not going to do well here. And even then they gave a couple of these questions that Todd. They were like, here you go, Todd, and the button's not working.
Speaker 12: I actually asked the stagemak to come check out the connection.
Speaker 3: During Cinemax movies.
Speaker 2: Ye pressing the buttons, but they had these buttons. I mean, that's really the key to Jeopardy. The timing of that. You can't buzz in until I'm done with the clue, and then the timing of that is where you can you can just roll people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is tricky too for the contestants because they're up there. There's the assumption then that I know a lot about this, which is tricky enough, right, because there's a certain like it's not arrogance, but there's a certain like, yeah, I know a lot about this so much so that I'm going to go on this show. But then you throw in the added dynamic of like, say, like the the sort of underlying competition, say between like Paul and McLevin, because both of them want to prove that they know more about sports than the other one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Todd not so much. He's just up there for the experience.
Speaker 6: But those two, it was like, it's more competitive than you think, and they want to beat the other guys just so they can always have the in the back pocket.
Speaker 2: I beat you at Sports Jeopardy. But the thing is is you we're gonna remember the question you miss, the clue you miss, and that's what you're worried about. It's like, oh my god, I did pretty well, but you wait, you missed that one. Yeah, missed that one. Where does cal Ripkin play? Uh, Paulie, I don't know. Where is Camden Yards? Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: The first Sports Jeopardy we did, the final question or hint was in stadium Yeah, in belated recognition of what one of baseball's greatest achievements, And it was in what monument park? Is it?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: At Yank And the answer was Roger Marris and I got it. Mcgleovin went Don Larson. The second Sports Jeopardy, we all got it wrong. Your hint was ironically the highest career three point percentage from anyone named steph like not named Curry or something like that, and none of us got it. We've all blanked curse you, cursed curve. We didn't get the.
Speaker 2: Hint, all right, Yeah, we don't get the hint on a lot of things, certainly, Todd, Yes, DoD there was one.
Speaker 5: With Russ Hodges and met the giants one the pen. What was like said over and over again. Yeah, and I actually think what is going crazy? They're going crazy? Is what I said, instead of the giants one of the pen. Was embarrassing.
Speaker 2: But there are times Todd wouldn't ask in form of a question, and that he complained that the buzzer on Jeopardy that his wasn't working correctly.
Speaker 5: You know, I want to say, oh, that's Jose Cruz, Jose Kruz as Yeah, I said, Todd, you have to buzz in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let me take a break. More phone calls coming up, and about forty minutes from now, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino, the Hall of Fame quarterbacks will join us together. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Because I'm a loser, guess which NBA team I watched last night just out of curiosity. Didn't need to watch them, but I did. I was just curious. Todd, I'll start with you. The NBA team that I went out of my way to watch.
Speaker 5: You went out of your way to watch the Atlanta Hawks for some reason.
Speaker 2: Seaton O'Connor, the Phoenix Suns.
Speaker 15: All right, No Marvin, the Pistons, no Paully even less obscure because the Pistons are like bad obscure.
Speaker 3: The Washington Wizards, Yes, why would you do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's not a ballgame. You could. I don't even know if it was a live game last night or it was a replay. But I'm watching, and I'm going these guys don't want to play defense. They're allowing one almost one hundred and twenty seven points per game. That'll be the most allowed by a team in a season since nineteen ninety. The Denver Nuggets gave up one hundred and thirty points. But that team could score that was a fun team Denver Nuggets back then, but or at least I think they were. They were giving up a lot of points, but they were scoring some points as well. But this Washington Wizards teams, I could go to a rec league and have more competition or people who actually cared more. I'm just going look at that. Your your goal is to make it to the NBA. You get to wear a uniform, you get paid millions of dollars, and you're out there and you're like, I'd rather be some other place than here, and it certainly shows it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the Pacers give up a ton of points on defense, but they do have more on offense, so they're a winning team, so it doesn't look bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I watched Luca. Luca had forty one through three quarters last night, see that it shouldn't be that easy, but he's one of those guys that makes it look easy. And forty one through three three quarters last night in a big win against the Blazers. So this is the third time Luca has scored forty or more through three quarters. Only two other players have scored forty or more points through three quarters this year. That Giannis and Keegan Murray, the stat of the day.
Speaker 1: That of the day.
Speaker 2: Here comes the stat of the day.
Speaker 1: Days that of the day, stat of the day, Here comes the stat of the day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Darius Rucker's stat of the Day brought to you by on Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. By the way, the Hottest Rookie's, biggest superstars, the old time greats. One place to get them all and that's Panini America. Autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts and more. Starter continue collection now Panini America dot net. A couple of phone calls in here, see would you update the poll results? And are we going to have a new poll question for the final hour? Yeah, we got two working out, alright.
Speaker 6: I'd rather be a three time first team All Pro player or a six time Pro bowler Right now, eighty eight percent are going with All Pro.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah I would take that too, you would. But if you said I could have three First Team All pros or eight Pro Bowls, I think I might go eight Pro Bowls.
Speaker 6: What if those are the only three years you played, You had three fantastic years, three great years, and then you never played again, or you could have six really good years.
Speaker 2: Well, Trell Davis had three great years and only I'm guessing three great maybe four great years, but three great years. You know, it's that that injury asterisk. You know, Kirby Puckett got hurt, Gail Sayers got hurt, Terrell Davis got hurt. That you know, we at a certain point in a career. If you get an injury, it kind of changes, you know, your career. Arc I mean, Sterling Sharp should be a Hall of Famer, three time first team All Pro when he was with the Packers. If Trell Davis is in, then why isn't Sterling Sharp? Now? You know, maybe it's personality or dealing with the media. Does that factor in you'll you know, when you talk to writers sometimes they go, well, we're not supposed to factor in things off the field. Okay, I can understand that with Lawrence Taylor, that doesn't matter what happened off the field. But some of these other players, Michael Irvin, it felt like they were holding him back. Maybe taroll Owen's holding him back, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: If Sterling Sharp had won a Super Bowl, yeah, you think that would have helped?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it help. I think he's a Hall of Famer. I just he's one of those guys that sometimes right in front of you and then you go, wait, he's not a Hall of Famer. Rodney Harrison, same thing. Maybe this year, yes, Mark.
Speaker 7: And also Terrell Davis helped John Elway.
Speaker 2: Yep get over the humph yep some Super Bowls, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly together in about thirty minutes from now final hour on this Thursday. After this