Speaker 1: It's a brand new second date for your Friday. Thanks for being here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I know we have been getting a lot of messages about how people love Saturdays because it's like double feature and they like the longer version. We do do a full hour show every day, yeah, where we make really good jokes like that, right, Yeah, and you can find it on the main feed, So pop over some time check out the full hour.
Speaker 1: Right now, though, it is just a second date and we've got we've got a surprise one for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mostly because there's a woman on the phone that I don't know, maybe has the same financial leanings as Alexis.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's a good way to sum it up. Is that a way to say? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But before we get to it, what do you see in the comments Alexis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Buddy commented and said, hey, Brooke and Jeffrey Crue, I'm a therapist listening all the way from New Zealand. I love the show on the podcast. It helps brighten my mornings down here. But if you're ever up for it, I'd be happy to offer the whole team a free group therapy session wink.
Speaker 1: Yeah at the week we I don't know girl, because she knows that.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm gonna hook up with one because they obviously need at least four years or session. Yeah, we love that that. I'm sure you're DIAGNOSINGO says oh.
Speaker 1: Add every listener on the Second Day podcast. Yeah, and we like that too. Yeah, you know, free therapy. We'll take it.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Burg and Jeffrey in the morning, and your brand new second date starts right now, Second.
Speaker 4: Date up date. I'm worried this call might get messy.
Speaker 5: I usually you're excited about that, jeff I know, but I'm a little scared because Alexis, have you ever at any point dated or had a crush on a guy named Jake?
Speaker 3: That's my brother's name, So absolutely, she's thing to think about.
Speaker 2: Her face looked like she smelled the worst part in the world, just.
Speaker 6: That I can tell you broke your heart, didn't he You're not even going to acknowledge that he exists. You have to try to keep your jealousy bottled up because a guy named Jake is on the phone with us right now.
Speaker 4: I like, brother, Awesome.
Speaker 2: I love how despite your answer, you're still sticking with and how jeff didn't know that was my brother's name.
Speaker 4: We all know her brother's name.
Speaker 6: That only makes it more tempting to her. The forbidden fruit. Jacob, say hi to Alexis, Hey, what's up, brother?
Speaker 4: This is awkward.
Speaker 7: It was your brother.
Speaker 4: He didn't sell you somehow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jacob's very brave of you to come on the show today.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being on.
Speaker 6: Tell us about the woman who's not named Alexus that you want us to call.
Speaker 4: It's going to be.
Speaker 8: Said, Yeah, I want to call Kim. I met her through mutual friends at a birthday roots up party.
Speaker 2: Oh was it like a setup between the mutual friends or is it just you guys both happened to the same party.
Speaker 7: We just we have mutual friends.
Speaker 8: She just happened to be there, and we really bonded over the fact that the music was absolutely horrible.
Speaker 3: Oh no, a party with bad when you have one DJ friend.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm going to take over.
Speaker 4: Jealousy is coming out with that comment, so please try.
Speaker 7: And keep it under.
Speaker 1: I like deep cuts. You ever heard that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I take it you didn't dance together that night.
Speaker 8: No, I mean it wasn't my kind of music, wasn't her kind of music. But we really had a good time talking about how terrible it was.
Speaker 2: You know, they say people just need a common enemy sometimes.
Speaker 4: So tell us how did you and Kim come to be?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, was there a date?
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, we were talking and we were having a really good time, and I just asked her for a number. And we went to this cozy wine bar, like new swanky thing.
Speaker 1: And the nice saying.
Speaker 2: About those places is they're like quiet enough to also be able to talk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got talking and again the music was really bad.
Speaker 1: So oh, I'm not going to be a wine bar.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you guys have bad taste in music at this.
Speaker 1: Or is that just all you guys have to talk about?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: We talked about our most embarrassing moment, and she said that she won on a game show and as soon as the camera turned on, she completely froze up. I was unable to.
Speaker 7: Do the show.
Speaker 1: Did it make you on a Google or YouTube? Exactly? What game show?
Speaker 7: I never get the air? Yeah I don't. I don't think I made it to air.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And did you share yours?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I told her about one time I went to a party and had really bad music and I met a really cool girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most embarrassing moment. That's rude, though, I.
Speaker 7: Was embarrassed for this guy.
Speaker 6: You're embarrassed for the DJ playing the bad music. That's where you're embarrassed for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm going to tell you i'd be disappointed in that answer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know you're trying to be funny, but it's like she just shared being vulnerable and actually embarrassing.
Speaker 1: You just did a cop out.
Speaker 7: I mean it was a joke, you know, I was you know, I mean I get it.
Speaker 4: Were you able to recover after that moment?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, I mean it felt like everything was all right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well how did it end?
Speaker 7: We got the bill and then she insisted on going Dutch?
Speaker 1: That's good though. Don't you like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I have no problem with it.
Speaker 6: How did she insist? Did you offer to pay? And then she was like, no, I insist?
Speaker 7: Or how did that? Yeah? Yeah, she like immediately asked for my venmo.
Speaker 8: Like, I don't know, maybe she's had like bad dates in the past where a guy expected something.
Speaker 1: I think that's like majority of dates.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, yeah, it's not just no expected something in return, like whether it's a kiss or another date, or.
Speaker 3: It's like if you pay them, you don't feel pressure to have to like do anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would say, like the majority of men come off that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean obviously I would like something to happen.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can pay, I can pay.
Speaker 7: It wasn't my intention, correct, correct?
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's happened since then?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So we had a hug and a kiss on the cheek and we went our separate ways, and I texted her like a day or two after that, just said hey, what's up, and she answers. But like I can tell that like she's kind of just answering because she feels obligators. I don't know, it doesn't feel like really yeah, like she's really with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's not trying to plan anything else.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I've hinted at oh, like there's a game coming on.
Speaker 7: Next week, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like come over to my house and like check out a game or whatever, you.
Speaker 6: Know, And there's not going to be enough bad music at those games. Soon had a terrible venue.
Speaker 7: Because I'd be there at my house.
Speaker 1: They should only go to open mics. Actually, I'll give you.
Speaker 6: Something to bond about all over again and hate on. So let's try and set that up for you. When we come back, We're gonna call Kim and try and get you a second date update with the worst music ever.
Speaker 4: Right off a song, guys, request second date update.
Speaker 6: When you think of sub tar music, maybe you picture a certain twelve year old Jewish boy singing his original song reach for the Sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want you to be quiet so I can hear you.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: I'm encouraging people to touch a mo a moonbeam, whatever the hell that means.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 6: I can only imagine This song was playing during Jake's first date with Kim, where they bonded over their mutual hatred of the awful playlist coming over the restaurant speakers.
Speaker 2: And I'm pretty sure I've been to at least two birthday parties where I heard that banger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you gotta put it on Spotify. It's spreading.
Speaker 6: There were highs and lows, for sure, but at the very end of the night they both agreed to split the bill.
Speaker 4: Jake ended up getting a kiss.
Speaker 6: But the problem is now Kim is a ding a little distant, even though she is answering texts.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't feel like her heart is in it.
Speaker 1: I think it was a cheap kiss. I mean it's just important to Yeah, isn't that right? Am?
Speaker 4: I right on that JA point? Where on your body she kissed you?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, it was. It was on the cheek. I mean, you know, it's what I would expect.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I think I kiss on the cheek is cute because it's just like, oh, I just don't want to kiss you yet, but like you're doing.
Speaker 1: Good, you know, like you don't gross out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good job to night.
Speaker 3: I don't want to touch your mouth.
Speaker 4: Just kiss smells well.
Speaker 6: Hopefully there are more kisses to come if we can do our jobs right on, not just cheak kisses.
Speaker 4: We'll find out.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it starts to go south, we just put your song on and she's back in the game.
Speaker 6: Yea. Hope the kisses don't go too far. So, but let's just call her. We'll see if she picks up, and we're gonna try to do this. Here you ready, man?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Man? Cool?
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Kim?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, uh Kim, good morning. You don't have to be afraid of us.
Speaker 6: We're just a harmless morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I'm jeff You may know me from the hit song reach for the Sky, which while the sky.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, but you do know it?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: Do you please tell me you don't recognize that I've.
Speaker 7: Heard your show before?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's thank you.
Speaker 6: That's the answer, Lord, Okay, thank you for picking up the phone.
Speaker 7: Kim.
Speaker 6: If you're familiar with the show, then you might be familiar with our second date update segment.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately. Yeah, oh are you do know him?
Speaker 1: Okay, since you responded that.
Speaker 6: Way, well, unfortunately or fortunately, you are part of one now, so congratulations.
Speaker 1: To the club.
Speaker 7: Yea for me, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm going to take that.
Speaker 1: Sincerely.
Speaker 6: We will, and we're calling on behalf of a guy that you went out with recently, a guy named Jake.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what Jake?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reaction to us, which is hard You remember him?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I remember Jake.
Speaker 2: He seems like a really nice guy because you know, we spoke to him.
Speaker 4: But we're wondering what you thought about the date.
Speaker 7: I mean, it was like one of the nicer dates I've been on. What was in a while It's.
Speaker 4: Not what I was expecting you to say.
Speaker 1: Why are you disgusted by that?
Speaker 4: I know a guy who can take care of a girl. Are you saying to take care of her? I mean she ended up paying for half anyway, chosen.
Speaker 7: Restaurant, Like, oh, he told you that.
Speaker 2: Then you guys went Dutch at the end, he said you insisted, yeah, bed knowing them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's the problem.
Speaker 4: What do you mean what.
Speaker 1: The problem is that you wanted to pay for yourself?
Speaker 7: And no, no, like not that part. Like that part's fine. I'm talking about like after the date.
Speaker 9: I then mooted him for my drinks and like his vimo history popped up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And I love looking at people's veno yeah private, But I.
Speaker 4: See people all the time when I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, what was on it?
Speaker 7: It was diabolical.
Speaker 9: I mean all of these these ladies, like Trish has a kissy face next to it, and then Britney has a dress emo g next to it, and then Lisa has a gift box next.
Speaker 6: To it, like the listening visual prior transactions that Jake has done.
Speaker 4: What giving money?
Speaker 9: Yeah, these are prior transactions.
Speaker 7: He sending these girls money.
Speaker 2: I thought you found the only man that was finally getting paid by ladies.
Speaker 1: I see, it's the opposite.
Speaker 9: He's giving out money, right, he's not a jigglow. I think he's a sugar daddy and we're not exclusive. We just you know, it was one day.
Speaker 7: I get it, but I'm not into.
Speaker 9: You know, like guys just dating multiple people at the same time.
Speaker 2: A wait, hold on, are you upset that he's dating other people? Are you upset that you think he's a sugar daddy?
Speaker 9: Like, I don't know what it.
Speaker 7: Is, but in the last month, it's just a ton of women.
Speaker 9: It's a ton of emojis, and to me, that makes a ton of red flags.
Speaker 2: But you're also jumping too a lot of conclusions, like what if he's in a fantastic book club with a bunch of ladies.
Speaker 3: Businesses they say to put random ones so that they can't tracks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the thing is, it sounds like you never asked him about it, right, Kim.
Speaker 7: I mean I didn't have to, it's right there.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, but it could be interesting to hear the explanation behind those transactions. I wonder too, And this is the perfect time to get that explanation because Jake is actually on the other line right now, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Jake, what type of book club are you in?
Speaker 7: I'm not in any book club.
Speaker 3: Okay, say you're sending into small businesses.
Speaker 4: Come on, talk to Kim here. What's going on.
Speaker 7: I don't have to lie to anybody. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 8: I didn't think that she would go through my Venmo history.
Speaker 4: There you say, it is what it is?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Ye? Thank you?
Speaker 7: They lied. I see a lot of ladies and I pay Huh, what are.
Speaker 4: You pay for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not dinner.
Speaker 4: If you're use your credit.
Speaker 7: Card right, sometimes I'll pay for the pre dinner or whatever.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you were right.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah wait wait, wait, wait listen, you never said, oh, it costs me x amount of money to get ready.
Speaker 7: I have to look good. I have to dress nice for you.
Speaker 1: We've heard it on our show before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: If you're paying for like people, then you can pay for how I prep for this date because I got new foundation.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 7: Okay, you want me to play for your stuff now? I mean you really were very insistent on paying well.
Speaker 9: I mean before, no, you just seemed like a sugar daddy. But I mean, if you're paying for ghost things, then why not by foundation.
Speaker 7: Cicular ninety dollars?
Speaker 1: Are you just trying to get revenge for the Venmo?
Speaker 2: I can't tell him because, like you paid for the drinks you wanted to pay right. Don't you like the independence of paying for your own stuff and not feeling emboldened to somebody?
Speaker 6: And Jake, by the way, I did have to get ready before I did this segment. Yeah, well, you know, if you're if you're all about spreading joy or whatever you said before, I could use a little bit of joy.
Speaker 7: The key word is ladies. Lady Okay, I can.
Speaker 6: Use a lady emoji when I send you the Venmo request if that makes you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 7: I mean, you, guys, get in line. I'm ahead of a Well, okay for my drink?
Speaker 4: You want your fifty bucks back? Or do you want more than that to compensate for the other stuff?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Like, how much did it really cost for you to get all dressed up and pretty.
Speaker 7: For ninety dollars?
Speaker 1: Ninety dollars?
Speaker 7: Ninety dollars. Let's just make it a nice, cool one hundred for getting her more money.
Speaker 1: Perfect, he's like buying your affection.
Speaker 7: Kim. It's not my affection. It's a lot of people's affection.
Speaker 4: I mean, like he said, he's selling joy. How he's doing it, you might as well take advantage.
Speaker 1: So are you not interested in him romantically? This is just a business.
Speaker 6: Well let's find out, because Kim, we would like to offer to send you and Jake on another day.
Speaker 4: And if you say yes, we will pay for it.
Speaker 1: Do I get to be a sugar daddy? Then you were.
Speaker 4: Against this the entire segment. You can't just change it the light.
Speaker 1: I can come into the role of power.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, you're behind me and Kim in the payment line. So Kim first with you, what do you think about Jake giving him another chance?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say yes in the themo payment. No on the second day?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, that's actually pretty smart business.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Didn't know I was dealing with the business woman.
Speaker 4: Are you pretty sad?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you that your match, Jake.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna send it. I said I would send it.
Speaker 1: Wow, does that mean Jeffrey's getting paid to Yeah?
Speaker 4: This costs forty bucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll just we'll just keep it like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just said yes, because you're cheap.
Speaker 6: Just made alexis jealous again again looking Jeffrey in the morning, I have some disappointing news.
Speaker 4: What's what management says?
Speaker 6: I can't accept payment from listeners just because I got all dulled up for the second data?
Speaker 1: Don't I think he looks so good?
Speaker 4: I really I thought so.
Speaker 6: But now apparently I have to return the money and quote unquote show proof that I did.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and those pretty boy pants you thought you were going to get paid for?
Speaker 1: Hard was a rough day, dude. How did this girl switch so fast?
Speaker 2: She just wanted to get paid, She didn't want to get Yeah the thing that rhymes was paid?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah paid? Yeah yeah yeah. Well she's not alone.
Speaker 6: I'm actually getting a lot of text at seventy eight five, nine to two from our listeners who want to get in the line to get paid.
Speaker 4: If he's still offering, I mean, if he's like, I'm handing up free money, like why not take free money?
Speaker 1: But it's obviously not working for him. He's like coming to us for help.
Speaker 4: But if it makes him happy, whatever, that's what he wins exactly, That's what he said. He said it is his way of spreading joy. Let spoil people.
Speaker 1: Only with hot women.
Speaker 3: Yeah not maybe the people that need it, but again, let him spoil people.
Speaker 6: Another way to spread joy is to share our podcast. Oh yes, so go, tell a friend or force a family member to listen. Spread some joy at Brook and Jeffrey