Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, When you're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday mornings with Jim Valley to name Pacific one Eastern. And it is Thursday here on the show, and I am here, and we got a lot to talk about here today, not really a lot of news, but I think we got a lot of fun things to discuss on this show. We'll also be taking your feedback as all ways, and I want to mention that yesterday we did, in fact pull off after Dark Radio successfully went off without a hitch, so you can hear that as a subscriber at Wrestling Observer dot com. And I will throw this out today as has more to do with after Dark than this show. But I did set up an after dark email address, so instead of the old email me here and put after dark in the subject line or whatever, you can email Brian at after darkradioshow dot com, send me whatever you want. That's Brian at after darkradioshow dot com. That is the after Dark email. So we'll start going through those next week on the show as well. This week, well it's Wrestling Observer Live, So Brian at Wrestling Observer dot com, at for w Online at gmail dot com. Those are the email addresses, threads, Instagram, and cameo. I am f for w online at Brian Elvarez on x and Blue Sky and you can text us today four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. It's not fun Friday, but we may we may open up those phone lines because really, all we got to talk about today is the Dynamite Show and a lot of stuff surrounding the Dynamite Show, gigantic ratings for NXT, the likely imminent return of Nikki Bella and TNA heading to Full Sail to do a live show, and also some tape shows as well, and you'll probably be seeing more of that in the future. There is a Live Impact Tonight Live and plenty more. So we're gonna get into everything after the break. Gonna be a fun day, thrilling Thursday Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 4: That you need to sell your home. If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a flat fee instead of an expensive commission.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 4: Sold dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen. Hey Airline travelers. Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who book your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven, eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 5: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you.
Speaker 4: Call right now, paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: What's up everybody, Hey, I'm in a good mood. Remember the other day we were talking about how people don't like Charlotte and so invariably everything is Charlotte's fault. Now we're getting the same thing with John Moxley. People don't like the death writer storyline. It's it's all his fault. It's not everyone. Let me tell you something. If you're watching AW and you think something is awesome, then you can thank Tony Kahan. If you watch AW and you think something sucks, you can blame Tony Khan. The big stars, you're John Moxley's, you're Chris Jericho's, you're Adam Copeland's. They all have a lot more influence than, for example, a private party. You're MJFS for example, But they ain't running the show. There's one guy running the show. His name is Tony Khan.
Speaker 3: The buck stops there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Tony, not the bucks. I realize there are people that people don't like, and so it's always like the people you don't like get the blame. But if like, if you like somebody thinks are going well, it's like, well, you know Tony's booking him well or whatever. No, it is Tony Khan. It is his company. He's always going to run the show. It doesn't matter who they hire, if they ever hire a new book or whatever, it is Tony Khan's show. He's running the show. If you like it, it's Tony. If you don't like it, it's it's it's Tony. That's the end of the that's the end of the story.
Speaker 3: There are you doing? Mid South nineteen eighty five? Is that what?
Speaker 1: Eighty four?
Speaker 3: Eighty four? Okay, see, you know you probably are never going to make it to nineteen eighty five where Mid South, after really doing well with smaller guys, the Rock and Roll Express, the Midnight Express, Terry Taylor, Bill Dundee as the booker, they started to get a little bit big again and he started to see guys like the Nightmare came in and he was the champion, and they started going back. I think Bob Sweetan may have come back at that point, sadly enough. But I look at AEW's tag team division and just kind of aw in general, and boy, they seem to be going big, aren't they? Because and I'm not gonna complain about.
Speaker 1: This big or old or most Look, here's.
Speaker 3: The thing there is I can understand some valid complaints about them being quote unquote old. The company has been around for five years, so there are a lot of people that could have gotten over bigger than some of the reactions that some of these old people like Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin are getting right now. And Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin as your tag team champions going up against Brody King and Buddy Matthews. I like that. I did notice on Collision that they made sure to have the Gates of Agony have a little promo. They're big dudes, and I have a feeling that we're going to be moving a lot more into that. So if you don't like old, you already don't like aw I guess, And if you don't like Big, well, you're probably not gonna like what's coming up.
Speaker 1: I think Big is the least of our problems.
Speaker 3: Big Bill and Chris Jericho. It's happening at some point.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm excited for Big Bill versus Hobbs. You know, but listen, hold on, need I got some stuff. We're getting way ahead of ourselves here. Okay, the big story today is not that they missed a shot on Dynamite. The big story here is is actually this NXT.
Speaker 3: Rating Mojoe missed a shot.
Speaker 1: Dude NXT at eight hundred and twelve thousand, viewers in a point two two Okay, do you know what was on NXT? Nothing? Well, like, they didn't promote anything. We had a Ridge Holland and Tony d for the North American title that was promoted. We had Lexus King and Charlie Dempsey in a Heritage Cup match. This feud must continue. We they advertised the main event obviously with Oba Femi and Eddie Thorpe. But I looked at the quarters because you know, we always have these people on on Twitter or whatever that they're there. They got a meme. The meme this time is Eddie Thorpe is turning around NXT. Okay, well, that is why it's important to have the quarter hours. I can tell you what's what's turning around NXT. And it's just like they're they're whatever you think about the show, hold on, Mike, Gimi, Christmas, let me get through this. Whatever you think about this show, and I think a lot about this show, trust me, the fact of the matter is to this audience, they are getting p overs. That's literally the only explanation. You look at the quarters and it's relatively you know, a straight line. But there are certain things that did much better than usual. And one of them is the women they have done. Whatever you think of individual women, you know, we make fun of Kora Jade's interviews and you know Kilani's there's stuff you can like, but you know they're they're all learning. But the fact is they're getting these characters over. And that segment that had that, you know, all that heat. There was tremendous heat for Roxanne and Kora Jade when they came out to square off with Bailey and Julian. Obviously Bailey was there, but that segment did almost nine hundred thousand viewers. Trick Williams every time he came out, they did big numbers for Trick Williams. Let's see what did really well, the women's deal and also Trick was in that segment. We had Jada Parker and Carmen Petrovitch did very very well. But that was also a segment with like five thousand just characters in it. It was it was the end of the Parker match with Petrovich. A metaphor segment with soul Ruka Zaria and Gigi Dolan and Tatum again a bunch of women. We had the Brooks, Jensen and Niko versus di'angelo family and his segment with Axiom, Nathan Fraser, Josh Briggs and Inamura. So that did very well, and then like the main event, I mean it did good as well. It didn't do the highest thing on the show, So it's not Eddie, but you know, oba Feming Eddie Thorpe for the title did almost eight hundred thousand viewers, So it wasn't like the show opened gigantic and fell through the show, and that's why the number was up. You know, it opened it eight forty six and it just stayed there. It went up. When we had the women's segment, it dropped a little bit but not much. Went back up for the end of another women's match, dropped a tiny bit for like a double ad break. But by the way, that eight eighty for the for all of the women. That was a double AD break segment. Do you know how rare it is to have a double ad break segment be the highest rated quarter on the show.
Speaker 3: It's like seeing a double rainbow.
Speaker 1: So literally, without that double AD break, that would have easily done over nine hundred thousand viewers. So they're just getting people over. I mean that's it, so good for them.
Speaker 3: Good for them, it is, and it's another week like three or in a row that's up, and that's a good thing. But I also they often are under seven hundred thousand. They'll do like six ninety eight, And if they happen to do that next week, it's not an indictment on them not doing exactly what you've been saying that they've been doing. I just think that in this case, it could very well be just a little bit of a freaky high number. But we'll find out. But if it does drop next week, again people that want to point to it and say it's not working, that's not true because everything you said and you've been laying out is absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also not doing that. The average over the last ninety days is slightly over seven hundred thousand viewers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you go back and you start ticking back a little bit, you see six thirty two and five ninety three.
Speaker 1: Oh, sure, those happen here and there, but that's more when they have a giant they have competition that does affect them. It doesn't affect them as much as other shows. But your ninety day average is over seven hundred thousand, so show's doing pretty well.
Speaker 3: It is well, and again for the reasons that you're laid out, and they do have intriguing characters and people that are easy to get behind. And we made fun of sometimes some of the colors and things like that, but everybody, for as many generic blonds as we say that they have, everybody does have somewhat of a unique look, at least the people that matter.
Speaker 1: And then a couple of notes. Rende Thurston had the SmackDown quarters and if you look at SmackDown, I mean it's it's that last hour dies. It doesn't matter what show it is. I mean, the last hour dropped all the way down to a one point one million.
Speaker 3: That late NBA game is always going to.
Speaker 1: That was a double but it was a double ad break segment. But the fact is, like the first two hours, the first two hours of SmackDown do well. And you know the segment where they had Jimmy and Carmelo and the Bloodline. I mean, whatever people think about the Bloodline, it's still did one point six million. It was like the highest rated thing on the show. So anyway, more news after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: This guy goes, what's turning around NXT, my friend, is the fact that they actually have somebody who knows how to book coherently. And the pro promotion is the promotion? Is it run by? He's trying to say the promotion is.
Speaker 3: Not run Is he throwing shan by?
Speaker 1: Infantile behavior? But you won't put this on the show today? Wow?
Speaker 3: Was he talking about He actually.
Speaker 1: Talked about infantile behavior? No, he's talking about aw of course talked about infantile behavior and then dared me to put this on the show. That was kind of funny. But listen here, listen, Okay, I gotta say this about NXT all right. I don't know, man, the show is very hit and miss. Okay, I know this is another one of those memes. Sean Michael's Booker of the Year. I mean, there's stuff that he does. Is it's great, He's doing a good I will say he's doing a good job. But man, if you watch this show, just the booking of the Heritage Cup alone this year should disqualify him from best booker. Like, I don't know, if you guys know this or not, but this so they bring the Heritage Cup from nxt UK to nxt here in the US. And at the beginning, there's just this presumption that we all watched nxt UK and we all know everything about the Heritage Cup. Okay, So like every now and then they'll throw up a screen with like all these like it's a screen like this is big of all the Heritage Cup rules. It'll flash up there for a second and they get going, and I think there's an assumption that, like, we all know the Heritage Cup rules, and so after we see a bunch of Heritage Cup matches, then we start to think that we actually might know the Heritage Cup rules. And then we have just like this whole thing. I've ranted about it before. It's like Ava screws or ay Thorpe gets screwed in a match. Ava says, I can't reverse the decision. The referees' decision is final. Then you know, we have a segment where Jada Parker wants a match and she goes, I can't let you wrestle twice on one show. Then literally the next two shows she forces the tag team champions, one of them to wrestle twice on the same show. Then we have a Heritage Cup match that ends via DQ and a guy wins the title, and then Ava's like, I'm not even sure if the title can change hands on a DQ. It's uncertain. And so even though two weeks ago she said, you know, I can't you know the referee decision is final, she reverses the decision even though one of the performers says the referee's decision is final. And then the cup goes back and like, and then on top of that, some of you might remember this, some of you might not. There was a whole thing where everybody on the chat was looking back because everybody remembered that there was a match for the Heritage Cup and one of the participants won, but because he didn't have a corner person, it didn't count because allegedly the rules were you have to have a corner person, okay, And everybody was looking back to try to find out when or where it was. They all remembered this, even though I didn't remember it, and but Vinnie remembered it, but nobody could find it. And then like, after all of this discussion, well out comes the champion, the Heritage Cup champion came out this week with no corner man. It's not mentioned at all that you need a cornerman or you do not. I was like, oh my god, why is this so hard? Why is this so hard? The answer is I don't know why this is so hard?
Speaker 3: Can I refresh your memory trying?
Speaker 1: I'd like to hear this.
Speaker 3: Charlie Dempsey wanted to know.
Speaker 1: This was much further back.
Speaker 3: Lexus King wanted to have the match, but he had no corner person, so one was assigned to him.
Speaker 1: No, he wanted one, No, he wanted one a signed, but Avas said, I can't assign you a cornerman.
Speaker 3: You have to find.
Speaker 1: You have to find when he found Regal Well, apparently that wasn't necessary because he came out with no cornerman this week and it was never mentioned. So no, this is not a perfectly booked promotion, not even close.
Speaker 3: Well, at least nobody is drinking bleach or getting tied up backstage. I guess I don't know, but I think.
Speaker 1: If you watched the show, do you know many people have been.
Speaker 3: Murdered, well literally murdered on allegedly allegedly, we do know they have a very dangerous parking lot, although they seem to have pivoted away from that. All the drama now takes place in that little kitchen area where everybody gathers there at the peach pit of NXD. And I think that's the thing about the show. It is like a teen NBC ninety show. It is saved by the bell. It is wrestling the college years. I mean, that's what makes the show what it is and what it's what also helps gloss over some of the fact that sometimes the wrestling is not good. Sometimes the angles and the stories are exactly the way you explain them, completely ridiculous. But it is an easy two hours to watch for the most part, and I think people give it grace and shoot it bail for that reason, because it's entertaining enough to get you through brother. But He's But here's the thing. The best stuff that's been going on, whether anybody likes it or not, until it is not, is still anything associated wrapped up with the bloodline right now. And if you are going to give out the you know, magical Booker of the Year award, it is really hard not to go and put it in the hands of the main roster of WWE, whoever you want to give all of that credit to.
Speaker 1: We didn't even mention that Lexus King won the Heritage Cup via DQ, and Ava ruled, I don't think the cup can change hands via DEQ, and so she reversed the decision and then announced a match for the Heritage Cup not under Heritage Cup rules.
Speaker 3: Fake. What's going on here?
Speaker 1: Man? I know that the text message Chaine, I'm gonna get in like an hour. I don't care. I don't care. Now, Nikki Bella yes votes reporting significant discussions regarding her return to WWE. She was on TV like three weeks ago. She's she's ninety nine percent going to be in the Royal Rumble. So that's the story she's coming back. I don't know about Brie, but I guess we shall I don't, I don't. We shall see. Now, before I get into the full Dynamite review, there are two things so we got to talk about.
Speaker 3: Is it possible?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 1: Number one? Why won't Tony have production meetings? This is the number one question. It's not just me asking. I hear wrestlers asking about it on a weekly basis. Why can't we just do a production meeting? So everybody's on the same page, and everybody knows what's happening. Tony refuses to have production meetings. I don't know why we only had time, but last night we had multiple. I mean last night, I was like, whatever you thought about the show. First off, you add two men doing dives off the balcony and the lighting rig moon salts. Both of them got missed by the camera. They then did not show a replay of it for an entire hour. It was an hour before he finally got a replay. Then we go to a match for the tag team titles and whatever you think about ad match, and I got a lot to say about not so much of the match, but like the title run of Private Party, they played the wrong music for the tag team champions as they came down to the ring. Yes, and that was a good one. And then you know, to their credit, they were like, hey, we had a big match last week. Hobbes faced John Moxley for the title and he got screwed. So they showed like a clip or two of it, and then they said the follow up was on Collision on Saturday night, and I'm like, oh my god, They're actually going to show the big win by Hobbes in that Collision twelve man tag, they literally cut to a clip of Hobbes and Big Bill having a stair down and they never showed the finish. Then we had a segment which I really liked with Chris Daniels and Hangman page where prior to the the uh, you know, the angle, they didn't bother showing one single solitary clip of Hangman ending Chris Daniel's career on the show last week, not one clip of it. He murdered this guy, and so you know, I had a friend who was there, not a wrestler but like a fan, and they were like, man, Chris Daniels came out and it was dead silent because likely a lot of the people who went to the show didn't watch Collision and they're like, okay, Chris is out here in a neck brace, like what's going on. They didn't understand the gravity of it. Nothing. He just came out and then he told Hangar that he had in his career and then like that was it, and there was no footage of it afterwards or anything. It's like these are all these are all on their own little things, but these little things all matter and there are little things that when there's four or five, six of them on a single show, it's like these all add up to what's happening here? Why aren't we, like, I like it, you showed a recap of something that happened last week, But show me the recap of what's important. Like obviously Hangman and Daniels. Something here is leading to something. Because when Daniels said, you know, you ended my career, and then he passed the guy and he goes, I hope you find happiness and he walks off, Hangman's virtually in tears about what he has done, like this is gonna be something. So how in the world do we not even get a clip of the match the murder of Daniels by Hangman. If you're gonna put Hobbs over, which I like, and you're gonna show a recap, how do you not show him actually winning the match? The only reason that we know that he he won the match if you didn't watch Collision, is because Jericho in a promo mentioned you won the match, but you didn't beat Big Bill. That's the only reason that we have any idea that Hobbs actually won that match. So yeah, I just think there's some little things that could be fixed. One of them would be new production meetings so we can all go through everything see what we need to do. But we're not getting that. We'll talk about the shoe after the break.
Speaker 6: Observer light.
Speaker 7: Drivers are switch and save with Progressive, could save hundreds. With that kind of money. You could go big time on a fancy water bottle with ultra titanium alloy metal. You're not sure why you need all that. I mean, it just holds water, but you're getting it anyway, because if you're hiking near an active volcano and do you accidentally drop the bottle into molten lava, your water will still be icy cold. Switch to Progressive and you can save big time for water bottles. Progressive casual ting terns company affiliates not Agatableino states. Potential savings will vary.
Speaker 8: Listen up, guys, are you experiencing any of the following fatigue, less drive, poor performance? If so, you may be one of the nearly thirty million men in the US today dealing with ED. But did you know you don't have to pay hundreds for a prescription anymore, and you don't have to deal with the hassle of seeing the doctor or the embarrassment of going to the pharmacy for a certain pill. Now, with one free call, you can find out how herbal Virility Max can help you feel like a man again. For over a decade, herbal Virility Max has helped guys just like you put a smile back on their face with improved performance and drive. Call today and ask about our buy one, get one free offer.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred seven seven three five one one two eight hundred seven seven three five one one two. Eight hundred seven seven three five one one two. That's eight hundred seven seven three fifty one twelve. Yay hear that. That's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with car Shield. Car Shield as America's most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and Hello to Piece of your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rental car auctions, and so much more. Don't wait until it's too late. Call a Carshield now before a breakdown, Protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield get our best protection ever. Call now, you'll thank me later. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. That's eight hundred four to two five twenty three seventeen.
Speaker 9: Right now at Wendy's. Get two of these fave items for just seven bucks. The Spicy your Classic Chicken Sandwich, Dave single or ten piece Nugs. It's an incredible deal, but an insanely difficult choice.
Speaker 3: Do you go double.
Speaker 9: Chicky Sando both spicy and classic, one beefy and one Chicky, or maybe you go all in on one and go nug Max Two faves for just seven bucks.
Speaker 5: Gotta be Wendy's Participating Wendy's for a limited time only.
Speaker 7: Select to request two for seven dollars.
Speaker 5: Deal to redeem, not valid in a combo or with Saucy Nugs single lineup a regular price prices may be higher in Alaska, Hawaii.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network Back and the show.
Speaker 1: Bryan Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live s Guy here says, make this show two hours, no if to if one hour is not enough. That's why we have Wrestling Observer dot com. That's why we have all of these other podcasts, like there's there's plenty if you want to hear a full review of NXT and AW for ninety minutes commercial free, if you will be on the Brineviny show tonight, Wrestling Observer dot Com which has all of the shows plus fifteen thousand archive shows. So if you want more, I got fifteen thousand hours for you. Or you can sign up on Apple, Spotify or youtubet for w on line dot com, slash Apple, F for w online dot com, slash Spotify, F for w on line dot com, slash YouTube and all of those. They're uh nine ninety nine a month, that's it, nine ninety nine a month, eighty four podcasts when and most of them are over an hour, so you're talking like one hundred hours a month of wrestling audio. That's what you're looking for, that's what you need to do. But it's an hour here, so we gotta get going. Yeah, now, some quick notes. As noted, the full review will be tonight, but we we open with like this opening segment. Aside from the fact that they missed the shots, this segment was so awesome where essentially Ospray and Omega are gonna have a face to face. Ospray wants Omega to help him in this battle for the world title because the show was being held hostage by Moxley. But Omega's like, dude, last time we were in the ring, you try to kill me with a move and a screwdriver. So dude, it ain't gonna happen. And so Don Kallus comes out, Kenny goes after him, out comes his crew Archer, and Kay Takeshta and Kyle and we got this wild, wild brawl all over the building and the story of the building is sorry of the angle is in the brawl, well, Kenny and Will have to team up, and they managed to team up together and take out all the heels, and so they decide, you know what, we should be a team, and so they do a challenge for the Australia show of I think It's going to be Takeshta and Fletcher against will Ospray and Kenny Omega for Grand Slam. Segment was the best thing on the show by leaps and bounds. Great segment, great start. But how do you miss a double moon salt? How? How?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Then the thing, Hey, look, they their production has been very good for the past several weeks. They have been doing a lot that's been very good. It just happens that this was not a good show times for some things like this and for sound too.
Speaker 1: Then we had the Hurt Business and private party for the a W Tag Team titles. See this is why you need to subscribe, because I don't have time to give all of my thoughts on what happened here, but I will give you the short version. If you want the long version, you can sign up. No profanities exacts. The other problem. Okay, the two things are. I'm very happy the Hurt Business won the tag team titles because they come across as like a killer tag team. However, I cannot, for the life of me explain why they're heals and Private Party's aw tag title run, I believe was the worst title run anyone has ever had in the history of all elite wrestling. I will fight you if you believe otherwise. So it was. It was a travesty this tag team title rate for so many reasons.
Speaker 3: The top flight LEO and action stuff wasn't enough to set them up for Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'll talk about this more tonight, but you know what really irritates me about this Hurt business things. It grinds my gears because what is happening with the Hurt business is exactly It's not like it's something new. It is exactly what happened with Tony Storm when Tony Storm was a heel, but everybody loved her, and so every babyface that Tony Storm faced was just neutered, which is impressive because they were all women. But the point is they were all neutered because you had all of these like babyface women squaring off against heel Tony and all it did was kill every single one of these babyface women. Now it's the exact same thing the Hurt Syndicate. I'm sorry, the Hurt Syndicate. Not one time ever, Okay, I'm not talking like once or twice. Not one time ever has the Hurt Business or Syndicate been booed. So what they do is they go out there and every Babyface tag team that they face the fans, what happened in the match last night was exactly exactly what I told you was going to happen on Observer Live yesterday. Go back and listen to it. I said, I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen. The Hurt Syndicate is gonna win the tag titles. They are going to work heels, but they will be cheered the entire time. The Babyfaces will make a comeback and be booed and like, exactly what I told you was gonna happen happened exactly, which is funny, by the way. Which is funny because on the chat they're like, well, you know, Tony doesn't want to do a he doesn't want to do a production meeting because like word will get and this word's gonna get out about what's gonna happen. I tell you what's gonna happen before every show. You looked at the lineup last night and you didn't know who was gonna win every match that was announced on that show. There was name one match last night where you were like, I think I know who's gonna win, but I'm not sure, and you were surprised you knew who was gonna win every single match. I told you not only who was gonna win the tag team titles, but exactly what was gonna happen in the match, exactly as it did. I don't need incide information for that.
Speaker 10: I just watched the show, so new a production meeting, so that everyone else on the show knows what's going on, and so like.
Speaker 1: It comes off great on television, it's not gonna leak.
Speaker 10: So anyway, not to mention, you tape collision half the time, so it's a tape show.
Speaker 1: Everything leaks, right. So I'll talk more about that tonight. I didn't even scratch this surface. Now, Tony Storm did a promo. We had two Harley Cameron segments. In this one she went back and forth with Australian slang Renee was baffled. The second one she wants a shot at Mercedes title and so I swear to God this happened. Mercedes goes. You have never won a match in aw not last year, not this year, So no, you don't deserve a championship match, and she walks away the announcers and ex Caliber goes, you know, Harley Cameron made a great case. Like, no, she didn't. She made a terrible case. Now it has been pointed out to me that Harley Harley has not lost every single solitary match. She did apparently win a couple of matches on Dark and she was on the winning side of a tag team match, but other than that, she's never won a singles a man John television, So no, that's not a good case. We had a Jeff Jared segment where he called out John Moxley because he wants the world title and fifty seven years old Claudio beats him up. But then Jared says, Claudia, how about this. If I beat you next week, I get a shot at John Moxley. So it's on Jared and Claudio next week. If Jared wins, he gets a shot at John Moxley. I do not expect him to win. Swerve an ar Fox because has noted yesterday. They have wrestled in the past. Thus we put this match together. Swerve he beats him.
Speaker 3: This took the place of Samoa Joe and Nick Wayne.
Speaker 1: And it's a good thing that we did not have a production meeting to leak Swerve defeating ar Fox, who has not had a match on Dynamite since November of twenty twenty three, not twenty twenty four, twenty three, in fact, Swerve one. And then afterwards Ricochet attempted to kill Prince Nana with scissors.
Speaker 3: Threatened.
Speaker 1: That's that's not nice, and Swerve then threatened to kill him in two weeks.
Speaker 3: Well, look, Brian, back to your point earlier about what fans will cheer. Remember what got Hangman Page into this rage in the first place. Fans cheered Swerved, Strickland and Prince Nana breaking into a man's house and draping his shirt over his newborn baby, which, by the way, still Hangman Page, He's still Where was your ADT security alarm? They're gonna take your dog next?
Speaker 1: Yeah, then we had MGF doing a promo, thankfully much shorter than last week. He's still bearing MJF. And then that's when Hangman came out and we had the segment with Chris Daniels where Hangman was very, very very sad.
Speaker 3: Now, it is nice that they crossed paths MJF and Hangman because again it links those two together at least with a little bit of a thread for something possibly later. So I do like that when all the main avendors have some sort of contact with each other.
Speaker 1: This guy thinks Jared's gonna win because otherwise the story is dumb.
Speaker 3: Now, like, no, no.
Speaker 1: You don't get it, dude. He didn't say he needs to win the title in the next month. He said he's gonna win the title this year. Last year, Moxley already has a title challenger, Cope Coland and obviously they're doing something with m JF and Jared. So m jff's gonna screw Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Jared will need to continue his path, which I believe will end with him winning the Owen and that's how he gets his championship match, because Jeff Jarrett has to win the Owen Hard Cup. Whatever you think of the guy.
Speaker 3: It's a feel good story for a feel good tournament. This is not the Continental Classic. You can do good stories and happy stories related to the Owen and Jeff Jarrett winning the Owen standing there next to Martha makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: And then we had Jamie Hayter Julia Hart, which.
Speaker 3: You didn't know who's gonna win that one?
Speaker 1: It's one and one and we'll have a third match down the road. That's the story. And then the main event was Copeland Cope and Pac Cope versus Pac.
Speaker 3: With PA's picture that he has where he stare at all?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know so uh, I had no inside information, but I knew Cope was gonna win. He did. And then afterwards we had the big schmas with the death writers coming out to Uh to kill Cope.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. I understand why Swerve wouldn't have any friends. Why does Adam Copeland?
Speaker 1: No, they they played up that he has friends. It's FTR. They got murdered and the Rock and Roll Express and they got murdered. And then finally Jay White came out.
Speaker 3: He is not connected with young people on the roster. You know what, You're right? Maybe it is the olds that are causing all the problems. There got no friends.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of old wrestlers on this show, and or not old older, No, they're old?
Speaker 3: Are we old?
Speaker 1: I am old? And if they're older than me. I'm afraid they are old so and there are many on this show that are older than me, and.
Speaker 3: I don't look. I don't hate it. I love what he's doing. I think he looks great all that stuff. I don't know if copin mox is what they are going to want it to be now. Lashly and Shelton Benjamin being older, they're over like Gangbusters. I think if you did Moxley and Lashly or even copin Lashly, I don't know if the mox Cope scenario right now, with how weak FTR was leading into all of this stuff, I don't know if it's going to be that interesting of a match.
Speaker 1: We'll see, though, well we will see. In fact, I don't know when, but we will see at some point down the road. Out all right, let's see, persays. I wish it would have done a different prediction this year. I would have said Jeff Jarrett wins at all In Texas to immediately lose postmatch to Christian cashing In. I don't think here here I will say this. If Jarrett wins the Owen, I do not think they're going to announce the winner gets the shot at all In, because I do not see Jarrett fighting for the world titlet all in. I think it'll be a TV special or something like that where he gets his title shot. I do not think it's going to be it all in. Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting network, marking.
Speaker 1: The show Brian Alvarez here, Mike semper vv.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, buddy, what you're doing? What you got over there? What're you grabbing that?
Speaker 1: Hey? If you're not a subscriber, yes, uh, And you missed After Dark It's replaying tonight at midnight Pacific three a m. Eastern on Sports Byline. And if you don't have a Sports Byline affiliate, all you have to do is grab the tune in Radio app, which is free, and find Sports Byline on tune in Radio and you can listen to this show live every every day noon Pacific three Eastern and tonight eight Thursday. After Dark will air at midnight Pacific three am Eastern, which isn't when the show should air. It's an overnight show, so check that out tonight on tune In Radio. Perhaps I'll listen if I'm not in bed, which I I plan to be, But that's coming up tonight and tomorrow morning at eight am Pacific eleven a m. Eastern after Dark will be replaying as well, and hopefully down the road it'll continue to replay with with past episodes as well, because many of them are evergreen episodes.
Speaker 3: Can we get this fixed? Please? I don't know who's in charge of quality.
Speaker 1: We can't see anything, but.
Speaker 3: I like Rick Tittle and everything.
Speaker 1: We see a white blank screen.
Speaker 3: Tittlating sports is not on right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? Come on, that's on you dom fix that please? Yeah?
Speaker 3: My god. Oh, by the way, you know what you can also do through tune in If you look for podcasts, you can search in there, and there's the Rustling News, which you can update yourself on every single day of the year. No commercials, no paywall, just the wrestling news with me.
Speaker 1: Who the wrestling news?
Speaker 7: You say?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, I'm gonna check it out right after we go off the air here because I didn't talk enough about wrestling news today. But I'm being back later on tonight with Vinnie Briana Vinnie Show aw NXT ninety minutes. Check it out. We got a lot to talk about brother Wrestling Observer dot com, as well as Spotify, YouTube, and Apple podcasts. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network